Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2022 11:16 PM
May 2021
Great 1st episode.
Seems like it's going to do a time reset, like other anime have done.
I'm ignorant of the source material.
Anyway, this anime looks promising, but who knows, it might decline in later.
Hopefully that won't be the case.
Apr 14, 2022 11:20 PM

May 2012
It's been a while since I've watched a mystery themed anime although the 1st episode is not that gripping though yet.

Thus, so far, we have doppelgangers, mysterious killings and even time travel mixed into the story. Then the animation style is good with the OP and ED quite distinctive.

It's just the first episode, so I can't feel anything yet with the characters. Plus, there's not enough tension either. But this could be a pretty good start of some compelling mystery over the course of its 25 episode run. Looking forward to what can this anime deliver to its viewers.
Apr 15, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty solid start, it looks like we might have a decent mystery anime to look forward to here. Definitely a lot of potential with this one if it gets a good adaptation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Jun 2019
If i were the mc, i would have run away back to Tokyo after I heard about that sus shadow thing
Apr 15, 2022 12:18 AM
May 2021
animation is really good. The mystery and atmosphere is so similar to Higurashi anime. The characters also looking good. That ending cliffhanger was nice
Apr 15, 2022 12:21 AM

Jun 2021
What a great episode, I never expected it to take such a dark and interesting turn at the end. I guess Shin has something similar to that of Re:Zero, where different checkpoints will be created and he has to protect Mio
Apr 15, 2022 1:09 AM

Feb 2021
Bro, I dont even know what I just watched. But I liked it, I think. lol.
Apr 15, 2022 1:59 AM

Jul 2015
CQLLIST said:

I don't understand Japanese. I was reading the manga in English translated while watching the RAW using a dual screen.

That's hardcore..

This was a damn nice and interesting episode and the studio really put effort in visuals and artstyle imo
Would pick up the manga just because I can't wait and looks like the anime will skip some stuff
Apr 15, 2022 2:07 AM
Oct 2014
Really interested in this first episode. Didn’t come in expecting fan service, but the twist subverted any expectations that the fan service may have brought. Also just noting this down in case it’s important, but the last shot was only the fifth bullet in the gun. The shot before was the fourth, and there were two shots on the lady (avoiding names for spoilers). Maybe there was a shot before then that will become important in the future?

Also, persona 3 in the OP
Apr 15, 2022 3:19 AM

May 2014
Rare case where i have read the manga beforehand. I really think the series stays strong throughout, so i hope the anime can do the manga justice or even surpass it. My boy Shinpei looking good.

Apr 15, 2022 3:40 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
Very interesting premise and looks well executed judging from this episode. Kind of re zero vibes from the ending but this could definitely end up being better since it's not an isekai
Apr 15, 2022 3:50 AM
Mar 2021
Got me hooked immediately, interested to see where it goes from here.

Also the character design is brilliant, MC in particular. Unconventional hair and Heterochromia. You usually only see that kind of thing in isekai and fantasy anime tbh.
Apr 15, 2022 3:54 AM
Jan 2022
everything felt very fast and weird but the end made it a solid 9
Apr 15, 2022 3:56 AM

Mar 2021
I could see this getting annoying later on due to the groundhog day concept but for now I'm intrigued
Apr 15, 2022 4:24 AM

Sep 2021
OK THIS IS REAL SHIT. BY REAL SHIT I MEAN REAL REAL SHIT
this is shaping up to be my favourite anime of all time and its only 1 episode in
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 15, 2022 5:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
After this first episode, the premise has me intrigued. It gives off similar vibes to a mystery visual novel, the animation is detailed and clean, the soundtrack fits the grim and distorted vibe, nice opening and more so the ending sequence.

In 24 more episodes I hope I can say the same, maybe more so.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 15, 2022 5:30 AM

May 2020
I've been waiting to watch this since it was announced
it seemed really interesting and after watching the 1st ep I'm definitely intrigued
such an evil cliffhanger at the end
it's giving off Higurashi vibes
hopefully it just gets better from here on out I have high hopes for it

Apr 15, 2022 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
Very good first episode, you know this is going to be exciting when you don't look at the time bar in the whole chapter. Intrigue and good context.
Apr 15, 2022 5:47 AM

Apr 2018
Don't worry about the adjustment.
The manga chapters are very short (rarely more than 15 pages) and usually have a lot of action.

Here with the adaptation of the episode we have just adapted the first chapter which is 75 pages long) which means that we see to adapt between 4 and 5 lambda chapters of the manga in 1 episode without having the least element of cut (or then very anodyne to be remarkable).

If we follow this rhythm of adaptation of 5 chapters per episode (even more when there is some action), we are about 27 episodes, with some light cuts there is a way to fit everything in 25 episodes.
Apr 15, 2022 5:58 AM

Oct 2016
What the fuck!? This reminds me of a lot of things and I love it. Firstly, Higurashi, cause of the atmosphere and vibes it gives out. Secondly, it reminds me of that movie called "Us," because of the shadow impostor thing and lastly, Re:Zero of course, that last scene straight up triggered the PTSD lmao.

This is shaping up to be a banger so far, I am glad OLM started branching out to other kinds of shows now. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 15, 2022 6:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, i thought Mio va was Nao. Its turned out not. And Shinpei once again its Hanae Natsuki again. Dude really sweeping out every mc va possible, heh?

Anyway back to the story, as expected after watching the trailer, the plot and art-animation truly hooked me up without any much sweat, not different from this one too, as its really repeating what happen there. Looks good enough to introduced the Shadow doing from this first episode, and ending it with a nice cliffhanger.

Expect more revelation to coming up next, especially with how Shinpei got that heterochromia on his right eye. Or is that just special animation to differenciate Shinpei from his shadow? I dunno man xd.

Then, lets see how Shinpei step to step trying to clear out the mission from the blonde girl, or is there anything else that needs Shinpei done to get out of those shadow disease loop? Can't wait for the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 15, 2022 6:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was really, really good. I got reminder of Higurashi so quick, this also felt like something that would work great for a visual novel.

Very intriguing, gotta pick up every hint you can possibly get from the episodes.
Apr 15, 2022 6:33 AM

May 2021
Oh boy,what a premier episode. The outward appearance didn't fool me since there were some hints of it becoming dark but took me by surprise nonetheless.

I can finally understand what people meant when they said it's sorta Re: Zero-like. MC's eyes are pretty well-designed as well. Definitely in my Top 10 for Spring 2022.

Apr 15, 2022 7:12 AM
Aug 2020
Ryukishi07!? You're working to another Higurashi sequel!???? I said stop it already!!!!
LOL
Apr 15, 2022 7:21 AM
Dec 2021
good episode, though the start was annoying.
Apr 15, 2022 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
Woah, shit turned up rapidly.

So big breasted oneesan wasn't part of an organization responsible for the accident like I initially suspected. She was assumingly hired to investigate the mysterious island or she's part of a research team which takes action against the "shadows", gotta be something along these lines or perhaps she's driven by personal reasons. I would be surprised if it's something outside the box based on how basic the elements featured seem to be so far. That said, it got all the ingredients to be a seasonal hit. The rural island setting is actually something different for a change, time leaping is always cool, lol and mild fanservice ain't anything to sneeze at either. Overall, I'm very intrigued.

P.S. Something tells me the cop got already replaced by a shadow and after rewatching the part of the first evening I realized that he probably met shadow Mio and not the real one in front of her house(the real one came out of the bath) When he entered the restaurant he seemed confused, he skipped breakfast and when he ordered he said the "usual". What got me suspicious in the first place was the blatantly displeased look on his face at 16:27 xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2021
Summertime Zero: Living life in Hometown Island

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Apr 15, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2019
Initial impression: Mandela Catalogue + Higurashi
nevergainApr 15, 2022 8:30 AM
Apr 15, 2022 8:29 AM

Dec 2020
i was interested of the manga for this but held back reading it bc i saw that its getting an adaptation and woah.... did not disappoint.

all the tension building up through the ep didnt feel like much until That part. that last 2 minutes near the end. what the FUCK
Apr 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2012
Already hooked! An excellent start.

I love the juxtaposition of the beautiful quiet scenery against the creepy storyline.
Apr 15, 2022 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
Now that's how you start a mystery series!

As soon as the drunk guy mention talking to him, I knew we were in for a repeat re;zero type scenario or potentially Higurashi like. I'm really impressed with the short character build up, the quick mysterious scenes and overall pacing in this first episode. Without having to throwing too much information at the watcher.

I already have high hopes for this series.

Apr 15, 2022 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
so in the first 3 minutes we have the mc face planting into someone tits and an accidental upskirt shot :/

That aside I am really interested to see where this goes, visuals and sound were nice too
_______I like rocks__
Apr 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2018
OLM was the best studio for this, seriously shines in the visuals and animation. Anyway, this one reminds me of Re:Zero. The MC, Shinpei, will surely suffer a lot and seems like you can't trust a single soul on this island. Well, this has potentional to be a very great adaptation. The OP intro reminded me of JJK for some reason.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Sep 2017
We ReZero now. Tho tbh I think this setting/premise will make for a much more interesting mystery.
Apr 15, 2022 9:28 AM
Jun 2013
Was excited for the premise of the show. Im a big fan of mystery thriller. But I quit 2 mins in for the fan service. I can't stand it. Maybe I'll give it another shot but fan service just cheapens the show for me
Apr 15, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 2020
MC's eyes are wierd and the premise of the show is amazing
Apr 15, 2022 10:14 AM
Feb 2021
holy shit I totally got what I expected from summertime render, a action time travel mystery really suspenseful thriller. I am a really big fan of the anime re zero and this one is quite similar and that's why I like the concept so much expect it being more realist. The artwork is fluid, clean and just marvelous. Great shots from great manga panels. The music is always with the scene, smoothing, relaxing jumping into fast paced thrilling action ost. I absolutely love these characters so far they are all enjoyable and don't get on your nerves. As well as every single one including the main character is mysterious and well written and I'm just going of by the freaking first episode. wow just wow my most anticipated anime of this season and so far it is my fav I cant wait to watch next weeks episode to uncover the weird and surreal mystery about the island, the mc's "sister" and the entire situation.
Apr 15, 2022 10:50 AM
Jan 2022
I was very very excited for this show. I’m a sucker for supernatural mystery and this first episode definitely didn’t disappoint. A gripping premise, strange mystery, and wild cliffhanger makes for a great pilot episode.

Can’t wait for more and hope it’s able to sustain this strong start.
Apr 15, 2022 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
it was a great introduction to the concepts that are going to be at play from here on out. I just hope it can maintain the level of quality that this first episode had
Apr 15, 2022 11:03 AM

Nov 2013
It's a promising start but god I hate the unnecessary fanservice BS in anime!

You get nearly-insta "face in the boobs" moment + panty-shot of a girl. Don't know about others, but this feels like a slap in the face to people who want to take the show seriously.

I mean, that is clearly a BAIT for people to keep watching, but doesn't it make you feel insulted to some degree? I mean, is the show going to be trash/average and that's why the author uses bait to keep people hooked? I don't see what other reason can there be for such BS.
Apr 15, 2022 11:07 AM
Apr 2022
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

You get nearly-insta "face in the boobs" moment + panty-shot of a girl. Don't know about others, but this feels like a slap in the face to people who want to take the show seriously.

I mean, that is clearly a BAIT for people to keep watching, but doesn't it make you feel insulted to some degree? I mean, is the show going to be trash/average and that's why the author uses bait to keep people hooked? I don't see what other reason can there be for such BS.

What if those were some hints? It's a mystery genre after all
Apr 15, 2022 11:11 AM
Mar 2021
holy shit. as someone who's read the manga, the first episode has faithfully adapted the suspense, foreshadowing, and horror of the manga so well. Looking forward to rest of the season.
Apr 15, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 2020
I’m really excited for this anime,, I read the manga a while ago and it was quite interesting
Apr 15, 2022 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Damn that was an interesting ending to say the least. I really enjoyed it.
Apr 15, 2022 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
I wish we could get another great non-supernatural mystery, but I'm still down for this. The first episode looks promising and interesting, so hopefully this will end up being good.
Apr 15, 2022 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
itsmythanks said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Hahahahaha, now that would be SOME twist lol. But I doubt it. I mean, what hint can there be in a striped panties or big boobas? xD
Apr 15, 2022 11:50 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shinpei's childhood friend Ushio seems to have died not by an accident...but by murder. Claw marks were found on her neck...
This reminds me of Higurashi with Hinamizawa syndrome in that shadow sickness is a condition unique to this island and it seems to have affected Shiori...
AND WHAT....
A SHADOW OF MIO KILLED EVERYONE...
seems Shinpei can 'return by death' however...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 15, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
itsmythanks said:

Hahahahaha, now that would be SOME twist lol. But I doubt it. I mean, what hint can there be in a striped panties or big boobas? xD

Shinpei will feel the boobs again and see the same blue striped panties and think to himself "aight, I really leaped back in time"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2022 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Why was this kinda horror-ish lol.

Great first episode
Apr 15, 2022 12:28 PM

Jul 2017
Visually, looks pretty stunning. I loved how Ayumu Watanabe directed Major 2nd Season 2 and some minor influences show here but the direction for this kind of series makes it way more impressive here. The compositions looked great and the animation was smooth and lively, and with the right direction at times too to portray a more turbulent atmosphere per say. Regards to how I felt about the hook for this story and characters too, it was pretty underwhelming and didn't really grab my interest but hopefully the direction can remain throughout the show at least and the story isn't too rushed to cause a clusterfuck.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2022

180 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

152 by infring »»
Jun 19, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

476 by DynaXam »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.