Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2022 3:54 PM

Sep 2017
The anime presented us with an interesting world and the fact that isekai'd people are actually a menace is quite an unique twist. The animation is actually better than what I expected from JC Staff, so I guess that's a plus.

I hope the story focuses mainly on the whole situation around isekai'd people (e.g. why do the Noblesse keep summoning randos, what's the deal with the Faust church), we'll have to wait and see.
Good
Apr 1, 2022 4:19 PM

Sep 2018
Not too bad, went in blind as always, subverted expectations with that "Null" dude getting stabbed in the head lol. Seems like a mindless fun type of show.
Apr 1, 2022 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
Killing the people who have been summoned? Nice nice twist, a all girl cast? That's ok...Let's see where it goes.

Mihaeroff said:
Rule One of Isekai: Never trust women

In almost every case yeah...expect for EMILLIA TAN!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KarinaraApr 25, 2022 9:00 AM
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 1, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2013
Replette said:
Was a good first episode,though I wish the script composition had done a better job since showing menou killing the first girl kinda spoils it.

I have to say that it would be way better if they didn't show that beginning. It would have been nice surprise when Menou killed MC then. Maybe script writers thought that we would assume that boy "MC" would somehow defeat Menou and ad her to his harem or something but this logic didn't work at all I think.
Apr 1, 2022 4:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Very best friend, i see...

If only you were not talking about boobs, maybe you had a chance to live, poor boy.

Momo seems to be an interesting character. Already like her initial introduction. Using scripture to capture her maid image. Nice idea xd.

But then again, this is actually a refreshing isekai. A bit need more time to understand the nature of power this show had. Still, the twist was nice, even if its not that good either, cause, y'know, spoiler. Then again, wonder what happen with the last one? Ofc its a cliffhanger. Op containing something interesting too. Hopefully its get explanations later.

Okay first episode with that refresher takes. I may consider this to be a fun show. But lets see what they serve next to solidified my stance...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 1, 2022 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
Menou is a bad ass bitch. I am in for this one. The opening was pretty decent too. Looking forward to next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2022 5:05 PM
Nov 2021
Mihaeroff said:
Rule One of Isekai: Never trust women

especially if they blond
Apr 1, 2022 5:20 PM

Oct 2018
You know, despite knowing about the supposed MC being killed off at the start of the anime the first couple minutes still hurt to watch since they tried their best to make things as stereotypical as possible, at least for the most part. I just hope nobody was turned off by this first third who would've otherwise enjoyed the series.
Apr 1, 2022 6:24 PM
May 2011
Refreshing. If only more sad sack loser isekai MCs could be murdered as a precursor to yuri action
Apr 1, 2022 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
Having watched one of the PVs some time ago, the first few minutes were quite strange to me as I didn't remember a guy being the main character so I stopped to check the synopsis and ended up getting spoiled of the twist that was to come xD. Either way, I felt bad for the guy. To be summoned to another world only to be killed for being summoned from another world... :/

Other than that, I finished the episode pleasantly surprised. I didn't know what to expect but it has an interesting premise, plus the potential yuri of course. Looking forward to more.
Apr 1, 2022 6:52 PM

Sep 2011
Better then expected considering its JC Staff but I'm still on the fence. This feels like the kind of show to have a somewhat interesting first episode and then coast downhill for the rest of its 12 episode run.
Apr 1, 2022 7:16 PM

Sep 2020
Finallyyyy!! It's here. I've been waiting for this for too long.

The animation is so cool, even the OST.
Im a LN reader of this so I'm just here to express my appreciation to J.C.Staff.
Hope they'll keep up at it.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Apr 1, 2022 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
Now I get why is Talentless Nana in the recommendations section of this anime. I'm in for more isekai killing!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 1, 2022 7:56 PM

Jun 2021
Meh episode.

For an award winning LN, the premise felt pretty generic. Maybe the story will start to get interesting after the other girl is introduced.

Animation looked solid. Looks like they have a good team working on it, so hopefully it gets better from here on out.
Apr 1, 2022 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Serafos said:
A very promising start. This is probably going to be one of my favorite shows of the season.

It feels that way, which is why I'm worried.

Definitely not your average isekai. I have hopes.
Apr 1, 2022 8:40 PM

Aug 2020
The executioner is one of those shows that some people liked but its clearly an isekai mid. The first episode might be surprising as Menou kills the lost one halfway through the ep. The problem is that isekai is to generic and this didn't caught my interest at all. I'll give this a 3 episode and if it sparks my interest, I'll watch the whole season.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 1, 2022 8:44 PM

Jan 2021
Good start, you could say this is the isekai version of Talentless Nana , the animation is pretty good but at the end it's either opening or ending and also it's like a big spoiler for this show?
Apr 1, 2022 8:48 PM

Mar 2016
Decent production quality for sure, considering it's from JC Staff of all studios. Not like it's completely their fault with many of their past failures, tbf.
As for the premise itself, I wasn't a fan of it when I read the manga (haven't peeped the LN yet), and the anime hasn't helped with that in any way.
The whole plot twist with Menou was something I would see coming from a mile away considering how hilariously obvious the setup was. At least it's cool to see things from a villainous protagonist's POV. Unfortunately the source material felt contrived and disinteresting to me, at least from the manga's perspective. The anime should be watchable, at least.
Apr 1, 2022 8:56 PM

Jul 2021
Bruh.. I legit thought the student guy is the MC and his death scene was the poorest execution I've ever seen in the latest time + and not the fact that I would complain that the MC is a girl afterall but the fact that they made it seem like the student guy was the MC for that 10 min bits for this first episode + I legit thought he was gonna be the female's alliance or something and + he's voiced by one of my favorite VA so this shit hurts even more ;_; + the overall concept seems not something brand new so it seems already excusable they'll add some plot conveniences and already this series is a yuri fucking bait in my book (and Menou is already an uninteresting and provocative character to me), I learned my lesson that I shouldn't trust an intriguing looking title so fuck this shit I'm out, this show is definitely not for me.
Apr 1, 2022 9:14 PM

Jun 2019
Well, it’s got an interesting premise. Isekai killers with a morally questionable cause.

I like that it doesn’t shy away from the gory aspects while never going overboard with it. The blending of comedy and seriousness needs some work though. It was very jarring in this episode. Animation was hit or miss.

This looks like one to keep an eye on, but it could easily go south under subpar circumstances.
Apr 1, 2022 9:14 PM
May 2021
I'm really surprised the first episode is great the fight scenes and the animation are amazing but I'm sure after some episodes this is repetitive another generic isekai trash.
Apr 1, 2022 9:42 PM

Apr 2021
This one looks promising but can anyone confirm if this is just a yuri bait? I'd prefer if it's actually yuri.

I like how the MC was shown as an upright person helping the outcast ones in the beginning but only to show the opposite in the end. I also like the character design of Menou, hoping that they'd release figures of her in the future. I'm really hoping that it won't flop as episodes come by.

Apr 1, 2022 10:03 PM
Feb 2021
it has a very promising start! I am excited for the rest!
Apr 1, 2022 10:38 PM

Jan 2011
well i checked this out since there wasn't that much out today yet for the spring season and i mean the show is called Virgin Road so i was expecting some kind of dumb ecchi turns out it was a darn iseskai so my brain being well time to play the bingo on how generic it will be the big difference was oh everyone is super self aware and they straight up are used to otherworlder's coming so much they've taken the culture of japan then "fake MC" kun is being treated like trash so i figured it was going with a much harsher world up till the point he gets a super OP skill and im like okay maybe this is still pretty generic , vibes of the kid seeming little to ready to be using this in some bad ways then the twist happened

mild shock of well sheesh didnt think you needed to kill em in cold blood like that but just saying this is Talentless Nana sums it up a lot easier while i'll take something different over trash bin isekai's this one has oof the edge to it and the odd mix of a bit of ecchi and comedy feels kinda wack for how dark it is overrall they just be murdering people so i feel weird on how i'm suppose to root for them when it's about them killing "new blood" in the off chance they might turn out evil or use their powers wrong just like in nana

will give it a try looks nice for a JC show and maybe the story will go places ,hopefully it isnt too edgy
Apr 1, 2022 11:12 PM

May 2009
Yuritrash for edgelords who hate male characters.
Apr 2, 2022 12:10 AM
Mar 2021
I hoped it would maintain a darker tone, but it's really tonally imbalanced. Good ideas, for sure, but this first episode felt like prologue, so it's definitely fair to give it at least another episode to cohere.
It was at least pretty entertaining. If nothing else it was perversely satisfying seeing the decoy MC get knifed. Right before she killed him, he was excited about the prospect of erasing people who were mean to him, yikes. and the flashback with the town turned to salt was effectively chilling and demonstrated the stakes well in terms of why the Lost Ones may need to be killed.

Menou's boss and mentor both give off exceptionally bad vibes, no doubt they're harboring dark secrets related to all this.

honestly as long as this is at around the same production level as World's Finest Assassin it'll be okay as a weekly diversion.
Apr 2, 2022 12:39 AM
Apr 2022
Just watched the anime for some minutes yet. Remind me of Anime Talentless Nana. About the killing people that have talent. Or this one that from other world.

I will continue to watch.
Edit: Oyeah. The male that get killed first have same talent. Null/make something disappear. Lol
Apr 2, 2022 12:42 AM
Dec 2008
I feel really bad for the guy who got summoned to another world and used as fodder by the royalty to try and hide the second person they summoned.

I can't be the only one who thinks she could have just not awakened his power and left him as a completely normal harmless person right? Even with his power in a fair fight, the MC seems to be OP to the max so I highly doubt she would lose to him even if his power somehow awakened on its own. She clearly has the ability to defeat enemies at range. She also moves so fast that his null ability doesn't hit her, despite him taking her off guard by not dying immediately.

Also, the servent character being a literal bootlicker is annoying. I always have to wonder why authors write these one-dimensional characters whose whole reason for living is blind devotion to the MC.

I'll give it a few more episodes and see how it goes. Some of these issues might be clarified later.
GritoitApr 2, 2022 12:46 AM
Apr 2, 2022 12:50 AM

Feb 2008
I went into this completely blind. Didn't see a preview, didn't read the english title. And skimmed the synopsis.

It was very unsatisfying to watch because they make you think the male character is the main character, only to kill him off. Then I am thinking, oh maybe his null ability nullifies even his death? But nope, it was just there to bait me. I found it pretty annoying. Seemed unnecessary even.

What was the point of her being nice to this dude? I could understand for the sake of discreetness to lure him away, but it was more than that because she was still being nice to him even after entering the church. She even explained how his powers worked, which makes zero sense. If you think these people are dangerous and your job is to execute them, why would you teach him how to use that power before you kill him?

So I came to the conclusion this was all just done to purposefully bait the viewer.

Ok fine. So this show is about crazy murderers who think they are going about a world saving mission by killing innocent other worlders while being giant hypocrites in their reasoning. And I am guessing something is going to happen to cause her to begin questioning things and lead her down a path of finally realizing she is a terrible person who now must go against the organization she was raised by.

I will give it a couple more episodes. But this has already started off pretty low for me.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Apr 2, 2022 2:05 AM

Mar 2019
ehhh... It felt messy and all over the place. Overly serious one second, goofy with happy music the next. Didn't really grab my interest.
Apr 2, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2012
All male character die apparently
Apr 2, 2022 2:33 AM
Feb 2022
I have the same thought as you, why did you bring up a male character in the first episode only to be killed and then continued with the very disgusting Yuri LGBT scene? Does the author really don't want male characters in the story? Then why did he bring up a male character at the beginning of the story! If you have self-respect as a male audience, you will be angry
Apr 2, 2022 2:37 AM

Dec 2018
That male really annoyed me,,,,,,,, Then he was dead! And I laughed so hard I almost cried =P

Awwww my little lesbian angel Momo is so fucking cute, and she is in love with Menou,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Strong girls and a confirmed lesbian, I like that a lot. And the Yuri symbol was also in the picture

The biggest problem I often dislike this kind of Yuri with violence in it. I much rather want girl romancing and kissing other girl,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

But I love my little lesbian princess Momo♥♥ She is my good girl =) So mostly for her, this is not dropped yet

Yuri-CrusaderApr 3, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 2, 2022 2:40 AM

Oct 2021
Lmao, rip fake self-insert bland protagonist.

The world is actually interesting, but that switch from a dark backstory into happy fanservice time is just scream red flag to me. Really hope it won't get destroyed by yuri fanservices. Even if I do love yuri, sacrificing a story that could be a good yuri romance just for another yuri fanservices is just disappointing.
EdgyLord666Apr 2, 2022 2:43 AM
Apr 2, 2022 3:37 AM
Aug 2021
Erotaku_ said:
Meh episode.

For an award winning LN, the premise felt pretty generic. Maybe the story will start to get interesting after the other girl is introduced.

Animation looked solid. Looks like they have a good team working on it, so hopefully it gets better from here on out.
generic? Okay please, professional anime watcher help me ,I want more anime like this. By the way of your speaking I guess you have watch and read tons of anime and manga. So please give 10 other anime,manga,Ln in which MC kills isekai people. For you It's generic after all so it won't take much Time.
Apr 2, 2022 3:50 AM

May 2021
Show looks decently promising. Hope they make use of that twist and it doesn't become another generic fantasy show with unnecessary yuri fanservice.

Apr 2, 2022 7:02 AM
Apr 2022
Some ppl already hate this cuz menou killed the guy lol. Its reasonable tho his power is dangerous it might bring disaster he also might abuse his own power lots of people will die if he goes berserk. Also im wondering why ppl thought that the guy is the mc seriously? It's so obvious that he isn't and ppl are shock because menou killed the guy like its not really surprising tho especially if you read the description. The description said that "Lost ones are wanderers from Japan no one knows why or how they leave their homes. They are certain that they bring disaster and calamity. The duty of exterminating them without remorse falls to Menou, a young Executioner."

In description its already mentioned there that Menou is an Executioner and in anime they also said that the guy is a lost one so isn't it obvious already that he's gonna die?
Apr 2, 2022 7:04 AM

Apr 2018
pretty interesting so far, really liked the OST they used in the last battle.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 2, 2022 7:07 AM
Apr 2022
ImmortalZero said:
Interesting plot, but I think I'd start hating this later on since it gives the feels of the MC being a total hypocrite later. Where she kills all these people cause reasons, but then refuses to kill the black haired girl.

Akari is immortal that's why menou can't kill her (its already on the description bruh)
Apr 2, 2022 7:08 AM

Jun 2021
this episode got caught me off guard in the first half, I thought it was just your generic Isekai, but I was wrong. Also I didn't watch any trailer or teaser of this anime, that's why I was misunderstood. 8.5/10 for now
Apr 2, 2022 7:11 AM

Nov 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
That male really annoyed me,,,,,,,, Then he was dead! And I laughed so hard I almost cried =P

To see this lowlife getting fucked was about the only part I liked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2020
Ok I honestly didn’t expect much just wanted to check first ep but ngl I kinda like it really good first ep Love the main girl and her “servant” already also animation looks good this is promising I’m looking forward to see more
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Apr 2, 2022 7:56 AM

Oct 2016
Went into this completely blind and I was pleasantly surprised. Up until the part before Mitsuki got clapped, I thought this was just gonna be your usual OP MC isekai that I'll enjoy either way, but then he got executed. Shit just got a lot better and a whole lot more interesting.

I legit thought Mitsuki was the main character lmao. Well honestly, now I am sold, really looking forward to see where it goes, and hope it keeps it up.
Apr 2, 2022 8:09 AM

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

To see this lowlife getting fucked was about the only part I liked.

Yeah that part and the girl having her face between another girl's breast were my favorite moments Hehehehehe

Also, They flashed the Yuri symbol. Maybe this will be another action Yuri like Granbelm. They usually use that symbol for something lesbian after all. So now I am curious to see what they will do with it

Yuri-CrusaderApr 2, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2015
8/10 episode for me. Pacing issues were a problem but it’s interesting especially since the people are gathering info from other isekai characters to bring into their world

I can’t understand some of the criticisms regarding Mitsuki. You barely knew anything about him. He was barely in for 10 minutes and because he got killed by the actual MC people are pissed? He didn’t have any time to elicit an emotional response

Also apparently Menou does have the hots for Akari and vice versa so not sure what this “Yuri bait” argument is coming from. There’s valid criticism then there’s just hating for dumb reasons
Apr 2, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2017
ohhh,,,
So finally J.C Staff is finally serious about working on anime, which yesterday made me very sick of their anime which was really rotten and useless trash in the graphics and the story itself,,
and finally this season comes a new anime,
this really tricked me at first.
which made me think that the first man who appeared at the beginning was the MC and this would end like the previous work which was boring and monotonous,
but this took me by surprise when the pink girl stabbed a knife right next to the boy's head and died...
and it turns out I realized this is not the story of a boy who enters the world of anime and makes his own harem but this is about a girl who kills a summoned hero from another world,, this is a new concept that I have never watched before and it is interesting to follow,,
as long as it's not isekai ok let's get started
Apr 2, 2022 9:41 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Ngl, its pretty funny reading all these people pissed off that their glorious self insert MC-kun got killed right off the bat lol.
Apr 2, 2022 10:02 AM
Feb 2022
FriedBnuy125 said:
Some ppl already hate this cuz menou killed the guy lol. Its reasonable tho his power is dangerous it might bring disaster he also might abuse his own power lots of people will die if he goes berserk. Also im wondering why ppl thought that the guy is the mc seriously? It's so obvious that he isn't and ppl are shock because menou killed the guy like its not really surprising tho especially if you read the description. The description said that "Lost ones are wanderers from Japan no one knows why or how they leave their homes. They are certain that they bring disaster and calamity. The duty of exterminating them without remorse falls to Menou, a young Executioner."

In description its already mentioned there that Menou is an Executioner and in anime they also said that the guy is a lost one so isn't it obvious already that he's gonna die?

like a baby who might become Hitler and then you kill him because of that possibility? aowkwk
Apr 2, 2022 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
Fact: the "virgin road" in Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road is a wasei-eigo term. it refers to the wedding aisle, the "road" a bride walks down to get to the altar. hehe

and is this official illustration for shokei shoujo opening song

hi uwu
@Yuri-Crusader
Apr 2, 2022 10:57 AM
Nov 2020
I legit feel bad for that dude. Suddenly isekaied and being made to think you're some chosen hero, then get kicked out of the castle, then get murdered. The guy is an innocent civilian.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

108 by Muow »»
Jun 5, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.