Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2015 7:46 AM
May 2014
Tichey said:
I havn;t read the manga but I'm curious how they will rap this up in 6 episodes, or will it be reliant on a second season.

Considering they've only showed 32.5 of 103* (less than 1/3) chapters for these 19 episodes, and
the manga is ongoing, they could most likely do another double-cour with just the sourcematerial
they already have.

End of season would most likely be ch 43 (the title sounds like one too) or maybe 46
(3 last chapters without Yona). If they get into ch 49, they can't stop for quite some time.
But there really isn't a good place to have the season end for quite a few chapters because
it is always continuing on the previous one.

*Somebody else said it was 103 raw chapters atm. 70 has been translated.
konatachan80Feb 18, 2015 8:03 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 18, 2015 8:59 AM

May 2013
As expected, Jeaha is slowly taking a liking to Yona. That test she did really wasn't for young girls like her.
That Honey licking, hahaha! He caught her off guard with that. Next episode looks like they will be doing something risky.
Feb 18, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
woah! what was that song near the end?? Damn loved this episode
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 18, 2015 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
Aoooooooooooooooooo
Feb 18, 2015 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
This anime would be 10x better if Yoona is just a side character

"Uuu.. Look at me.. I'm a pretty girl, I'm so weak, but I like to act strong so I can get your sympathy"

Fuck off Yoona!
"Burn the heretics"
Feb 18, 2015 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode! Well, as expected! :)
I just love the flow of the story. Each episode is interesting and it just makes you want to watch the next episode more eagerly! I totally love this anime :)

Feb 18, 2015 10:57 AM
May 2014
Toaki90 said:

"Uuu.. Look at me.. I'm a pretty girl, I'm so weak, but I like to act strong so I can get your sympathy"

Fuck off Yoona!

In this series it actually makes sense when the MC starts very weak and whatnot, as opposed to the usual
weak (and/or spineless) male MC's in alot of (or most) anime.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 18, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2012
Sinha is so cute ~ Loved how he tapped Yun's Shoulders lol Actually love everything he does oO

And lol at Hak licking Yona's hand ^^"
Feb 18, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2014
I don't blame Yona for reacting the way she did towards Hak, but I'm sure there was more to it than just Hak acting.....perverted. I'm pretty sure she's still not over Soo-won yet, besides, if she was she would've thrown that hair ornament away.
Yona has the intention to kill Soo-won, but she lacks the resolve
Feb 18, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2014
Toaki90 said:

Fuck off Yoona!

I like Yona as a main character but 19 episodes in and she hasn't improved much other than her conviction to be stronger, so I have to agree a bit.

Also this show is starting to turn into a reverse harem.
Feb 18, 2015 12:53 PM
May 2014
sakura-hanabi said:
Toaki90 said:

Fuck off Yoona!

I like Yona as a main character but 19 episodes in and she hasn't improved much other than her conviction to be stronger, so I have to agree a bit.

Also this show is starting to turn into a reverse harem.

She has improved quite alot, for the most part mentally.
I guess ep 20+ shows some of the differences.

I have to disagree.
Btw, I define a harem as 3+ females/males in love with the same person. You can have 100 of a
gender interacting with one of the opposite gender, and it would still not be a harem unless they're
in love with that one.

So far Hak and whatshisname (the one in the army) are the only ones that appears to be in love
with her, while the rest simply likes her as a person/friend/companion.
konatachan80Feb 18, 2015 12:59 PM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
konatachan80 said:
TripleSRank said:
That Yona needs to prove herself when she's commanding/providing her entire group to help out seems a bit much to me, but I suppose it does help push along her development, particularly with Jae-ha.

Isn't it quite logical that she had to prove herself just like the rest of them?
Also note that the test was a bit different for Yona than the rest. They were accepted based on what
they could do/provide, while she was tested (and accepted) on trust/reliability.

Not really; it would be no different than asking the old lady to cross a cliff for some medicine. Yona doesn't need to be strong to be helpful, and shimmying across the cliff doesn't prove reliability or trustworthyness. Even if we say it's to prove she's willing to put herself in danger, it's dubious to suggest that being brave and being trustworthy are the same thing.

She provided the dragons; that in itself should have qualified her. Kija started to invoke this himself, but Yona stopped him. I did mention it helped push along her development; this is mostly because she stopped Kija- she wanted to prove to herself that she had worth. That doesn't make it any less silly for the pirate leader to require it in the first place, however.
TripleSRankFeb 18, 2015 1:40 PM
Feb 18, 2015 2:20 PM
May 2014
TripleSRank said:
konatachan80 said:

Isn't it quite logical that she had to prove herself just like the rest of them?
Also note that the test was a bit different for Yona than the rest. They were accepted based on what
they could do/provide, while she was tested (and accepted) on trust/reliability.

Not really; it would be no different than asking the old lady to cross a cliff for some medicine. Yona doesn't need to be strong to be helpful, and shimmying across the cliff doesn't prove reliability or trustworthyness. Even if we say it's to prove she's willing to put herself in danger, it's dubious to suggest that being brave and being trustworthy are the same thing.

She provided the dragons; that in itself should have qualified her.

I'd say that her test probably was to attempt to fetch the medicine + the following conversation
with the captain.. not just fetching the medicine (because that were apparently seen as very difficult
for the best of them).

If I ask you to do X, and you try to do X and fail*, but you intend to repeat same to succeed because
thats what you promised..wouldn't it show that you are trustworthy/reliable more than it would show
that you're brave?

He was there as security, but if she went with his suggestion she would have failed to prove herself
to those three she needed to prove herself to..the captain due to the upcoming battle, the dragon
that she wants on her team, and to herself.

*fail based on defined conditions.

No, it wouldn't have qualified her..because of her position.
They would follow Yona's orders, and if she suddenly changed her mind..
Considering what the captain do for a living, it probably wouldn't be the first time.
konatachan80Feb 18, 2015 2:37 PM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 18, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
TripleSRank said:
konatachan80 said:

She provided the dragons; that in itself should have qualified her. Kija started to invoke this himself, but Yona stopped him. I did mention it helped push along her development; this is mostly because she stopped Kija- she wanted to prove to herself that she had worth. That doesn't make it any less silly for the pirate leader to require it in the first place, however.

The way I understood it, it seemed like it was more of a test to make sure Yona wasn't the kind of person who would get cold feet in the middle of the battle. Like it's pretty much her proving that, at the very least, what she can bring to the table is dedication to whatever her role is rather than just standing around being useless and in the way.

konatachan80 said:
If I ask you to do X, and you try to do X and fail*, but you intend to repeat same to succeed because
thats what you promised..wouldn't it show that you are trustworthy/reliable more than it would show
that you're brave?

Well actually I think it would show that she's brave considering she's willing to yet again go back and traverse the cliff even though she was terrified the first time around.
Feb 18, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2014
It's nice to see Yona-chans determination. I have to say, to watch a 1080p ep. on a computer laptop screen and 55" TV is two whole different things on different scales. Damn, it's much more enjoyable to. I should start doing that.

Hhah, I have to try to watch hentai on it too. 1080p hentai. LOL
Feb 18, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2007
Well the Rule 101 for climbing/hiking is not to wear loose clothing since they lead to tangle or trip and not to mention extremely dangerous against wind gust. Yona being 15 is understandable but Jae-ha is 25 and should know better. Maybe Kusanagi Mizuho sensei (our Mangaka-san) was too dazzled by Frodo Baggins because he did the same (easy to relate to since she is a Lord of the Rings fan). =_=
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2015 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
I really like how Yona is changing little by little, he was a selfish princess, now she cares about her friends and is really worried about the kingdom.
Oh Hak licking that honey in her hands! It was sexy hehe Go for it Hak!

I really hope this keeps going on, it's really entertaining.
Feb 18, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was too good so I had read the manga a week ago. Even so knowing all what's to come and go, the anime never fails to please me. Ao is the cutest pet you can ever have though!! <3
Feb 18, 2015 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
Oooh man tensions between Hak and Jeaha… I think Jeaha has definitely fallen for Yona, but it'll definitely be interesting to see how he struggles with how much of his feelings are his own versus the dragon's blood inside him. :D Also, Hak and Yona's hand. That was pretty hot, but he probably thought Yona didn't take it too well. The captain is so cool; I like her a bunch.
Feb 18, 2015 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
Another damned powerful episode. This is a great series.
Feb 18, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
wooo. cant wait for the next episode... >.<
Feb 18, 2015 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Another awesome episode, Yona really proved herself. I love all the humor in this series, especially Ao!! the hug scene killed me XD

Next episode seems promising as well and I can’t wait to see it.
removed-userFeb 18, 2015 10:45 PM
Feb 19, 2015 1:11 AM

Oct 2011
Yona proved herself

Ao <3 scense

Hak licking Yona <3

Battle begins OMG
Feb 19, 2015 4:11 AM

May 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
This anime is so underrated! It's so depressing.

I feel ya friend.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Feb 19, 2015 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
So excited for the next episode, it's one of the best parts of the series in my opinion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
Ugh, honey-licking... as a woman, I wince every time when it's portrayed as sexy, because it really is not sexy for the one getting sticky crud poured on you. It never comes all the way off until you take a shower, it gets caught in your hair and makes a giant mess, it gets all over the sheets and all over you and all over everything and then you have to do laundry before you go to sleep or you have ants by morning and God forbid it pools and sinks through to the mattress... Ugh. Not worth it. And outside? Poor Yona is gonna be covered in ants and swarmed by files and other nasty stuff until she gets a good bath.

/ladyrant

Loved this episode. I will miss Yona when it's gone, this is officially my favorite current show. I really hope Yona gets a season two. At the least I hope we met the yellow dragon.

To those saying Yona doesn't have a harem, aren't both the white and green dragons super in like-like with her, alongside Hak?
Quality Queen.
Feb 19, 2015 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
Go Yona!
lol, Hak make a move again :)
and the fight began!!!

cant wait to next episode.
Feb 19, 2015 6:41 PM
May 2014
RAWRfizzz said:
To those saying Yona doesn't have a harem, aren't both the white and green dragons super in like-like with her, alongside Hak?

No, she is basically worshipped by them which is something quite different, much of it is/was because
their blood telling them to, but also because they see her as a(n unexpectedly) worthy master.

Green(/white) is sometimes a bit flirty, but that's more or less it.
Some of it appears to be just to annoy/tease Hak.

I don't think white have entirely let go of "why does she need Hak when she has a proud dragon to
protect her?".
konatachan80Feb 19, 2015 10:36 PM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 20, 2015 12:44 AM

Oct 2013
I genuinely don't know what to think of YonaxHak, especially after that scene.

Still not sure whether or not I like Yona as a character, but wow, she just earned my respect. Well, kind of.

So, Yun is crossdressing in the next episode? Can't wait to see that happen!
Feb 20, 2015 8:45 PM

Nov 2014
konatachan80 said:
RAWRfizzz said:

No, she is basically worshipped by them which is something quite different, much of it is/was because
their blood telling them to, but also because they see her as a(n unexpectedly) worthy master.

Green(/white) isw sometimes a bit flirty, but that's more or less it.

I don't think white have entirely let go of "why does she need Hak when she has a proud dragon to
protect her?".

Fair enough, but half the time harems are based on less concrete bonds than that. Dunno. I suppose it comes down to what the white dragon decides his purpose is. As far as Green, every good harem needs the flirty one who trolls around making inappropriate comments, no?
Quality Queen.
Feb 21, 2015 4:03 AM
May 2014
RAWRfizzz said:
konatachan80 said:

Green(/white) isw sometimes a bit flirty, but that's more or less it.

protect her?".

Fair enough, but half the time harems are based on less concrete bonds than that. Dunno. I suppose it comes down to what the white dragon decides his purpose is. As far as Green, every good harem needs the flirty one who trolls around making inappropriate comments, no?

There are a few definitions of a harem, and that's why I mentioned what would be required to match
my definition in post #61 (3+ people being in love with the same target).

If you would see a close-knit group of (male/female/both) friends as eachothers harem then
you probably don't subscribe to the same definition.

lol, wasn't that role already filled by Hak? :)
konatachan80Feb 21, 2015 4:14 AM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 21, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
konatachan80 said:
RAWRfizzz said:

Green(/white) is sometimes a bit flirty, but that's more or less it.

protect her?".

I would say that Kija does have romantic feelings for her, but it's not really anything he'll admit or act on. I would think the same goes for Jae-ha.
Feb 22, 2015 2:01 AM

Sep 2014
What the hell @ that hand licking scene

I still can't believe what I just saw. Who the hell came up with that? So weird it's hilarious
Feb 22, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
dream_eater1012 said:
TripleSRank said:

The way I understood it, it seemed like it was more of a test to make sure Yona wasn't the kind of person who would get cold feet in the middle of the battle. Like it's pretty much her proving that, at the very least, what she can bring to the table is dedication to whatever her role is rather than just standing around being useless and in the way.

That's fair enough.
Feb 22, 2015 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
BHak becomes more and more perverted >o<
But I like that XP
I love how there is not only the right amount of romace (not too much and not too little) but also how the relationship between Hak and Yona developes. I mean Hak isn't standing still, he is moving on with his affection for Yona (ok even though he doesn't want that).
And then there is Jae Ha noe, I think he'll bring them even nearer to one another while making Hak all jealous ^^ I thought the green drqgon would be a nerd who always act like a mother but Jae Ha is really cool :)
The only negative thing I would say so far is that every character gets eneuogh' screen time' except Sinho. I know he is shy and introverted but I sometimes forget that is is even there... Even his squirell has a lot more scenes ><
Feb 23, 2015 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
Another thoroughly enjoyable episode. :D

This has seriously become one of the highlights of my week, 'tis an underrated series for sure.
Feb 23, 2015 11:44 AM
Aug 2011
my god I shouldn't have found that honey licking scene as hot as I did
it moved me... ahem

great stuff happening all around though but a few minor complaints here and there like
Yona take off your cloak
and
"dat path is too narrow for me" but then proceeds to clear the entire path in one huge leap...
I understand that adrenaline and the desire to save Yona made that possible but it still made me laugh.
standFeb 23, 2015 8:52 PM
Feb 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
o123o said:
shanimebib said:
Well the Rule 101 for climbing/hiking is not to wear loose clothing since they lead to tangle or trip and not to mention extremely dangerous against wind gust. Yona being 15 is understandable but Jae-ha is 25 and should know better. Maybe Kusanagi Mizuho sensei (our Mangaka-san) was too dazzled by Frodo Baggins because he did the same (easy to relate to since she is a Lord of the Rings fan). =_=

I never knew that about climbing since Im a city guy. Does my age matter now?

No. That just makes two Jae-has now :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2015 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
Dat was hot Hak licking hachimitsu from Yona hand...!

Feb 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Almost caught up......One more to go

This show has the best characters. Amazing. Yona is one of the best female characters I've seen in a long time. Even the side cast are great like the three dragons.

Also why the fck are y'all romanticizing everything? The dragons aren't in love with her. They respect her.
Feb 28, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Standard good episode for this anime.
Slow and steady character growth
Mar 1, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
The captain saying shit the way they are:
"Sometimes, women must fight too. Don't underestimate us."

I think I love & admire that woman as much as Jeaha ♥
Mar 2, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2012
A new good episode, the development of the characters is perfect. The scene between Hak and Yona was so cute, I hope they will be together at the end.
Mar 3, 2015 12:32 AM

Mar 2008
If only Yoon has a harem of his own........

Yoon is best girl
Mar 4, 2015 3:25 PM
Jun 2013
I would have liked to see her mission go by faster, it was dragging a bit.
I can't say I like the pirate captain that much. I don't think Yona should have to jump through hoops just to help HER out.
Mar 4, 2015 6:35 PM
Sep 2013
I bet that was the best tasting honey that hak has ever eaten lol
Mar 8, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Oh dear heavens, Hak licking honey off Yona's hand LOL. I felt like I was watching a hentai for the briefest of moments. It's no surprise Yona was so weirded out.

Good episode, but not as good as the last few. Just a couple too many monologues and a little too slow paced. Looks like the following episodes are going to be intense, though!

PLS NO ANIME ENDING PLS SECOND SEASON PLS

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 18, 2015 8:18 PM

Aug 2010
Hak can no longer hold his urges. Poor guy though, how long will it take Yona to realize his feelings for her.
Mar 20, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not find much my interest, but a must for the construction of history.
Shortly immersive storytelling, especially in the first moments during the test facing Yona to become a member of the crew.
Not bad though sickly sweet the second part of the story.
Hak no ecchi! XD
Plot and characterization advancing steadily, satisfied.
Mar 27, 2015 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
Yonaaa<3 I'm interested in her as well :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

9 by Zhiyu48 »»
Sep 13, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

379 by unlucky_died »»
Aug 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2014

190 by Aletheia_xxx »»
Jun 1, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.