Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 3, 2021 5:01 PM
Jan 2018
I enjoyed our hot blooded hero fighting to save her parent. Unlike Jotaro the world traveler, Jolyne sticks to one general area. This was a nice start to the show that got me invested with the MC. Also the frog rain brought back that signature David Productions clouds and liquid animation. Unlike the spit, the water, and the goo, this kind of liquid animation works well in CG. Other than the spotty animation, I have no real complaints. Bring on the next batch of episodes!
Dec 3, 2021 5:01 PM
Jan 2018
I enjoyed our hot blooded hero fighting to save her parent. Unlike Jotaro the world traveler, Jolyne sticks to one general area. This was a nice start to the show that got me invested with the MC. Also the frog rain brought back that signature David Productions clouds and liquid animation. Unlike the spit, the water, and the goo, this kind of liquid animation works well in CG. Other than the spotty animation, I have no real complaints. Bring on the next batch of episodes!
Dec 3, 2021 5:55 PM
Nov 2021
Finally I got to marathon this part.. I like it so far.. especially we got female MC here and the opening song also voiced by female..
The "ora"? a bit weak tho and not often heard..
The friends seems good composition so far, and Jotaro finally looked cool before his death
Also maybe the tension in the plot even bigger than the previous, that's awesome always give goosebumps
(disclaimer I haven't read the manga and haven't finished part 5 sorry)

I'm just can't help but laugh at Dio, Jotaro flashback design 😂 also Star Platinum looks ugly on his disc.. why?? 😭
Dec 4, 2021 9:09 AM

Jul 2021
My favorite character so far is Weather Report, very funny and very smart.
asdasdsadad
Dec 4, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2017
what a dumb release schedule like what is wrong with netflix?????

not to sound like one of those annoying bnha manga readers who always hype up every upcoming arc, but im really excited for whats to come!!! im honestly enjoying the anime a lot more than the manga
amagirinomikotoDec 4, 2021 12:09 PM

placeholder text
Dec 4, 2021 1:26 PM

Nov 2015
they say addiction get worse when you take too much .. probably i wouldn't be sad now if i watched this weekly .

Dec 4, 2021 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
The raining frogs sequence was one of the most memorable moments from the manga for me (still need to finish reading it tbh), but I felt underwhelmed by its execution here. Most of this has to do with the janky CG frogs that just felt totally at odds with the overall aesthetic and direction.

I'm really digging this so far but I'm honestly getting increasingly frustrated with how its 3D animation is being incorporated.
Take care of yourself

Dec 4, 2021 8:40 PM

Mar 2020
wait how do dio have bones left when he jst turns dust in sunlight?did he gave it to pucci before going back to egypt and pucci keeps it away frm sunlight?or did i miss something?
Dec 4, 2021 9:10 PM

Dec 2020
KAMISAMA_69_ said:
wait how do dio have bones left when he jst turns dust in sunlight?did he gave it to pucci before going back to egypt and pucci keeps it away frm sunlight?or did i miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything. It is a spoiler. It is explained later.

The only thing that is mentioned in the manga and not adapted in the anime is-
Jolyne's stand smells like soap. Not an important detail.
And there is a limit to how much she can unravel her body. It is 70%.
This isn't mentioned in the anime.
Dec 4, 2021 9:13 PM

Dec 2020
cornonacob said:
Question: Does Enrico's stand sentient? Like he talks and thinks on his own and they both speak to each other like they're separate beings.

White Snake talking is just Enrico Pucci talking through his stand just like Jotaro can with Star Platinum. His stand is as sentient as Star Platinum. Both can do some things on their own like when Star Platinum went and brought some stuff for Jotaro in jail. And in Part 4 when Jotaro says, "Star Platinum", Star Platinum completes the sentence saying, "The World."
So, to say, it is somewhat sentient and Pucci can use it to speak to others and can give it some orders like he did in the last episode to pick up the gun and shoot the pigeon.
Dec 4, 2021 10:16 PM

May 2018
we're being attacked by bad cg frogs!
Dec 5, 2021 4:58 AM
May 2021
Good cliffhanger for now I am really liking jojo part 6 might be my favourite jojos so far but might change at the end
Dec 5, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2019
I was a little afraid at first when I realized the story would mainly takes place in the prison but it was awesome. I love the mc she's amazing and the rest of the cast is really cool too. It's Jojo alright. I can't believe I finished all 12 episodes. The rock references and crazy situations... already gone. Where is episode 13. ;_;
Life is a despicable endurance race
Dec 5, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
What a way to finish to finish a cour! Jolyne has confronted Pucci (though without being aware that he is Whitesnake), Dio's conversation with Pucci has been finally animated (and looked gorgeous), but what I liked the most was od course the view of poisonous frogs falling form the sky, haha.

So far Stone Ocean anime was perfect in every aspect for me. It has exceeded my expectsrions. I can't wait to see future episodes.

Well done once again, David Production!
Dec 5, 2021 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
i forgot how much i loved jojos, i can't wait for the next cour. i am going to start reading the manga!

Dec 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Aug 2018
Jojo's author does what he does best... finding cool Stand ability and make good match. I found that the stake were less "grandiose" than usual... but trying to rescue one person is also more personal.

I didn't find Jolyne to be memorable, yet. Mainly because she's trying to copy Jotaro and Giorno... but her weird pose doesn't really work. She is a good character and hopefully she keep developing.

Honestly, the first few fights were not great. Especially the one where they kept "hallucinating". It always seems "lazy" to me. However, I liked the baseball bet and the zero gravity fight.

For now, it didn't win me over. I don't know when the second course will happen, but, I'm hoping we get more cool fight and maybe a little more FF (mainly because she got Killua seiyuu).

7/10.
Dec 5, 2021 1:54 PM
Aug 2020
first part 10/10

as a manga reader I'm so happy by this adaption <3
Dec 6, 2021 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
BlichoBoy said:
I wonder if Weather Report was evil, would rain literally cats and dogs.

Weather Report is easily one of the most broken stands in jojo, you will find why towards the end of the adaptation.
Dec 7, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2015
My guy Dio making an appearance!
Dec 8, 2021 5:28 AM

Apr 2014
What a perfect adaptation for Netflix, they must have pounced on this.

Strong independent female lead. Diverse cast of characters. Well loved MC from previous entries is incapacitated/killed early on to make way for his female replacement---inheriting said MC's name/profession along the way. Female lead that gradually ventures into Mary Sue territory. Majority of cast is strong and diverse females.

All of that while staying true to the source material and not being woke. It's really not that hard is it. I bet Netflix would have loved to change certain obvious things though.
Dec 8, 2021 2:12 PM

Mar 2021
Weather report is awesome. Anyone else see that dio drip those shoes where can I get some. Also dios bone I bet I can guess what he wants to do with that. Cool episode not a bad place to take a break but please don’t make us wait 2 long.
Dec 8, 2021 3:38 PM

Feb 2012
A powerful but risky move by Weather Report, you made it rain telephones for Doppiofrogs. Poisoned the guard that shot her and put Pucci in mortal danger (some irony as the prison system functioning as it should does not work for him when the guard ran to get permission instead of opening the door lol).

Using live frogs to cushion the falling ones and doubling as a way to play dead is a smart move.

The Heroine's quest to save her parent continues and narrowly misses out in identifying Pucci, the man behind Whitesnake.

Watching these 12 episodes has been a fun ride. Ready for more eccentric characters, morbid violence and bizarre scenes to come.

Another thing; no Savage Garden for Netflix (considering they don't have part 4)., the have to use "Savage Guardian"

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 8, 2021 5:01 PM
May 2014
I finished them all in a single sitting. I have to admit, this and part 4 took me a few episodes to start liking it, but it certainly didn't disappoint. I love the characters and the fights thus far.
Dec 8, 2021 7:33 PM
Nov 2014
animejas said:
dxtremecaliber said:

lmao another MAL elitist low scorer okay we get it

the original manga isnt this good tho thats why people love this anime

I found the manga and anime for it to be similar start wise, it had a few good parts like the baseball portion with the Debt Collector but I just simply didn't enjoy the rest of what aired so far. Simple as that. People can have different opinions naturally.

Just an honest question since I'm genuinely curious, why do you rank so many things low and have seen over 3000 anime? Is it that you've just seen a lot of trash shows? I guess I just don't understand putting yourself through that much. At a certain point, I'd get picky, I think.
Dec 8, 2021 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
Reaperoflight said:
animejas said:

I found the manga and anime for it to be similar start wise, it had a few good parts like the baseball portion with the Debt Collector but I just simply didn't enjoy the rest of what aired so far. Simple as that. People can have different opinions naturally.

Just an honest question since I'm genuinely curious, why do you rank so many things low and have seen over 3000 anime? Is it that you've just seen a lot of trash shows? I guess I just don't understand putting yourself through that much. At a certain point, I'd get picky, I think.

I do plan on adjusting my ratings soon since even I feel a hint depressed looking at how low everything is, but yeah it's just many, many, many bad entries sadly. Doesn't help that seasonals haven't been that good for me in general. I do get pretty picky because of all of that. If I love a series, it really stands out for me among everything but if I don't like a series, it's in the pile of thousands essentially and forgotten about in quick time. I do again, plan on adjusting some ratings though to a less stricter scale to some degree since I wanna be at least a little more positive about my ratings, even if it's gonna be tough deciding what bad shows score higher or lower now given how everything feels the same in that kind of quality.

I gave Stone Ocean so far a 4, and I feel like that's about right and won't change too much even with adjustments (for now since other episodes haven't aired yet), but it's still higher rated than most seasonals I've seen barring a few. The pickiness does not help I won't lie. Do again, plan on hopefully making the scale feel somewhat less harsh whenever I have time.
Dec 9, 2021 11:54 PM

Feb 2014
The first 12 episodes were great! I also liked seeing Dio this episode, it’s cool to see what he was up to before Jotaro and the gang approached him.

And that bone…. I think I have an idea where the dinosaur memes are coming from now lol.

EDIT: grammar
LoomyTheBrewDec 19, 2021 12:58 AM
Dec 10, 2021 12:29 PM

Apr 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
Jojo's author does what he does best... finding cool Stand ability and make good match. I found that the stake were less "grandiose" than usual... but trying to rescue one person is also more personal.

I didn't find Jolyne to be memorable, yet. Mainly because she's trying to copy Jotaro and Giorno... but her weird pose doesn't really work. She is a good character and hopefully she keep developing.

Honestly, the first few fights were not great. Especially the one where they kept "hallucinating". It always seems "lazy" to me. However, I liked the baseball bet and the zero gravity fight.

For now, it didn't win me over. I don't know when the second course will happen, but, I'm hoping we get more cool fight and maybe a little more FF (mainly because she got Killua seiyuu).

7/10.

Believe me, this part actually has the biggest stakes in the entire series, you'll see by the end.

Also, how the hell is Jolyne "copying" Giorno? If anything, she got more personality and character building in the first cour than Giorno has in the entirety of Vento Aureo.
Dec 10, 2021 12:30 PM

Apr 2021
LoomyTheBrew said:
What first 12 episodes. I also liked seeing Dio this episode, it’s cool so see what he was up to before Jotaro and the gang approached him.

And that bone…. I think I have an idea where the dinosaur memes are coming from now lol.

Not to be spoiler-ish, but no, Dio's bone and the "dinosaur" thing aren't connected.
Dec 13, 2021 12:21 AM

Feb 2014
Oongbuh said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
What first 12 episodes. I also liked seeing Dio this episode, it’s cool so see what he was up to before Jotaro and the gang approached him.

Not to be spoiler-ish, but no, Dio's bone and the "dinosaur" thing aren't connected.

Gotcha. Good to know!
Dec 13, 2021 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
Glad Takehito Koyasu could come for the last time,he was half of why Dio is such an awesome villain

Can't wait for the rest even if i'm not the biggest fan of how netflix releases the episodes nor the cgi use.
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 14, 2021 8:44 AM

Sep 2017
When will the next episode air?
خ
Dec 14, 2021 4:15 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Great "start". Hope we won't wait too much for the next 12 episodes.
Dec 14, 2021 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
ropiel said:
Glad Takehito Koyasu could come for the last time,he was half of why Dio is such an awesome villain

Can't wait for the rest even if i'm not the biggest fan of how netflix releases the episodes nor the cgi use.

surely he'll be back to play diego
Dec 16, 2021 1:17 AM
Sep 2015
After so long we finally get to hear Koyasu reprising his role as Dio again, that put a big smile on my face.

Great batch, I'm really excited to see what's next, whenever that ends up happening...
Dec 20, 2021 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
strawberaetae said:
i forgot how much i loved jojos, i can't wait for the next cour. i am going to start reading the manga!

I just want me some more jojo... How long do we have to wait?
Dec 21, 2021 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
Vindicater said:
strawberaetae said:

I just want me some more jojo... How long do we have to wait?
rumor is sometime in feb!

Dec 23, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2019
Holy Shit, that familiar voice.
It's DIO again, he looks beautiful with the new art style.

Damn how did he got DIO bone? Didn't it all burn to ash?

Well i guess next batch gonna wait till episode 1-12 finished airing on TV in Japan which is April.

davidyodo24Dec 23, 2021 7:23 AM
Dec 24, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2010
Damn twas pretty intense, didn't think it would be a chad pigeon. shit shit shit I need more lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 24, 2021 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
finally caught up spacing out my watching people always joke about oh that was 5mins but for real these episodes always felt way less than 20mins

lots of good moments i really like Joyne ,part 6 has been a strong opener but~ its not done not sure how long it is compared to the other ones but i doubt it will only be 24episodes so we got a good ways to go

8/10 for this one i need more i missed jojo so much
Dec 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Nov 2020
Nice, first 12 episode done, can't wait for more. I love where they ended this first part of episodes.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Dec 28, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2014
Man, somewhere around here in the manga, there was a note about Giorno's whereabouts. It said something along the lines of him being closer than we thought? So the whole time I expected the envoy to be Giorno. Imagine my disappointment when it was a freaking bird.

Anyways, that was a great episode, and what a perfect place to pause for the next set of episodes.

gswelcome said:
MF_Kane said:
Stone Ocean> Golden Wind

Too early to make that judgement, like what I see so far but GW is my fav part so this will have to really show something to beat it for me. Only been 12 eps, haven't read the manga so don't know how much as been adapted but this certainly feels like a 40ep show anyway. Hope so anyway!

Jolyne has the potential to be one of my fav characters though, I just hope she and the story has the chance to leave the prison at some point, being confined in one location could drag after awhile.

(Don't read this next line if you don't want to know a vague opinion on the manga quality)

I think part 5 has better fights but part 6 has a better story, so it really depends on what you're into anime and Jojo for. I'm usually more about story when I watch anime, so part 6 ended up being my favorite. People who prefer fights understandably don't like it as much as some of the others - it gets weird (as you saw in this episode)
Dec 28, 2021 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
ChangeLeopardon said:

gswelcome said:

Too early to make that judgement, like what I see so far but GW is my fav part so this will have to really show something to beat it for me. Only been 12 eps, haven't read the manga so don't know how much as been adapted but this certainly feels like a 40ep show anyway. Hope so anyway!

Jolyne has the potential to be one of my fav characters though, I just hope she and the story has the chance to leave the prison at some point, being confined in one location could drag after awhile.

(Don't read this next line if you don't want to know a vague opinion on the manga quality)

I think part 5 has better fights but part 6 has a better story, so it really depends on what you're into anime and Jojo for. I'm usually more about story when I watch anime, so part 6 ended up being my favorite. People who prefer fights understandably don't like it as much as some of the others - it gets weird (as you saw in this episode)

Story is always paramount for me if I can choose, one of the reasons I think I like Part 4 the least, leans into the weirdness and is very episodic. I don't mind less fights if the plot can chug forward and keep me engaged.
Dec 28, 2021 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
gswelcome said:
ChangeLeopardon said:

Story is always paramount for me if I can choose, one of the reasons I think I like Part 4 the least, leans into the weirdness and is very episodic. I don't mind less fights if the plot can chug forward and keep me engaged.

Yeah, parts 3 and 4 were a bit too episodic imo. Part 5 is basically nonstop fights, but the way they structured the episodes made it feel less episodic and more story-driven. Part 6 seems to be a bit more episodic than 5 so far, but I think there's also more story going on as well. It definitely leans into the weirdness like part 4, though. I guess keep an open mind, but try not to get your expectations too high - it's personally my favorite part, but I don't know many people who share that opinion.
Dec 30, 2021 5:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This arc ended in a crazy way, Weather Report decides that raining poisonous frogs is a good idea (it kinda was lol) which led to a slew of events with Pucci and the guards, that one guy that took the full force of the frogs got absolutely fucked up, I feel like they made him handsome on purpose so there would be a crazy contrast later. One thing led to another and Jolyne outsmarted Pucci and managed to get the disc to Speedwagon foundation, absolutely loved this arc.

And that was the end of the 12 episodes we have for now, definitely loving this Part so far and I can see it being one of my favorites by the end, loving the cast and the stand battles are insane, and the music references are great as always. Definitely gonna be waiting with baited breath for the rest of the Part, whenever that is.
Jan 1, 2022 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
Just caught up with the latest episode. I must say, I expected a bit more but I was satisfied with the last few episodes when they introduced Weather Forecast. He's the most interesting character out there at the moment and I love his stand and his overall design. The fights and stuff were pretty plain, it followed the same order. They get overpowered by an enemy stand after that they almost get killed but somehow Joyln manages to come up with a masterplan to defeat the enemy stand user. The CGI wasn't really blended but it was bearable. The overall animation was good and the soundtrack was phenomenal. The coloring and art style were beautiful as always.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 1, 2022 1:04 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I've finally caught up, should've done so last year but well, can't help it.m

Quite the tense cliffhanger, this. Joutarou's still can't be revived in the truest sense but at least his Stand will be back now, I wonder how that'll change things. Some of the poison touched Pucci's bare skin but sadly that probably won't matter much at all. Weather Forecast's extravagant plan seemed to somehow work in the end.

All in all, this has been interesting cour for sure. It's a pity that the quality of fights and animation quality seemed to have taken a dip compared to its recent predecessor season but this feels more linear in terms of story and I'd usually take that any day. Soundtrack wise though, it's still fantastic! And Dio's voice, I've ironically missed it xD.

Definitely up for the remaining journey! Netflix better release all the episodes in the next batch, this half-assed approach is kind of annoying.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 9, 2022 2:22 PM

Mar 2016
Now that's one hell of a finale, at least for this cour! And ofc as per the usual, the last episode's OP has the added sound effects into it.

Weather Report really brought down the rain, Florida style.

Pucci is actually really likeable from how he acts aswell for his wonderous OST, he knows he's capable, but not invincible, his stand suits someone like him who tries to discretely control the ongoing of the prison in the background since he could essentially command anyone and also erase their memory. Now about taking the stand of someone else, why didn't he do it to the dying Jolyne? That would've been the perfect opportunity but he let that chance go, still, his aim is troublesome, to learn how to reach 'heaven' he must peer into Jotaro's memory, and with that, I wonder why he hasn't done so already? Questions aside, seeing Pucci, the mastermind behind everything so far be so wary and terrified of the frogs was quite hilarious.

Jolyne's really pushed to the brink in this finale, shortly after the fight in Zero-G where she almost got boiled to death, she got shot and then almost got venom splattered onto her. Such a busy day all just to deliver one dish which fortunately is a success. I would've thought that The Speedwagon Foundation would send a drone over, but instead, it's a pigeon.

Anyways this first cour is in itself an entertaining one, it has its various fight scenes, emotional moments, comedy and the setting changes from place to place. I thought for sure that it'll just take place inside the prison, but with all these different areas, it's great that the show features the characters being in those areas. So far I do not see any negative deviation in the quality of OST, Visuals, animation or pacing, in general, it all just fits. I will be expecting the second cour to deliver equally or even better, fingers' crossed on the latter.

Jan 26, 2022 6:39 PM

May 2015
Dio, Frogs, and White Snake using a gun! Weather Report reminds me of golden experience with all the things and phenomena it can create. That final clip and Dio's Bone. It can't be good!
Feb 11, 2022 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
I was hoping that watching it weekly and keeping Jojo Fridays would mean the next batch could be released by then now but it wasn't the case, I don't like this release method at all, everyone watching by themselves instead of getting together weekly, what a shame.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

58 by Hasirama29 »»
Jun 10, 7:59 AM

» the stand name censorship is wack

Rye_the_Guy - Jun 4

21 by Galletita »»
Jun 9, 3:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Dec 1, 2021

56 by ahhellno »»
May 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

79 by vankoshtorata »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.