Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2021 1:00 AM
Jun 2017
This is perhaps my favorite anime this season, i mean the theme, genre and story itself fits my taste and style...

anyways mirai must be careful with that OP Special rank angel... having wings and red and white arrow really is a powerful foe to deal with...
Oct 15, 2021 1:36 AM

Dec 2020
the fuck is up with these angels lmfao๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ one chose a comedian with lust on his mind before becoming a god candidate, one chose a.. cringy hero type who isnt afraid to kill, and nanase, the one we're stuck with doesn't have common moral values at all (example: giving killing as a solution to.. literally everything)

definitely something that keeps you hooked up tho, op was fire too

last scene reminded me of mieruko-chan, will mirai play it off as if he didnt see anything? something like "ahh i stepped on a bug"
Oct 15, 2021 3:09 AM

Aug 2020
Holy shit the ending of this epiosde. I'm so psyched

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 15, 2021 3:19 AM

Mar 2019
An improvement over episode 1. I liked it more.

I really like the CG effects on the arrows... Not so much the suit. Wish they could have gone with traditional animation for that, but it's not a big deal.

Props to them for not censoring the limo scene to hell. Gives me a bit of hope for the adaptation of the more cruel and violent scenes that should be coming up.
Oct 15, 2021 3:58 AM

Mar 2021
This episode went very fast and fluent, I really liked it. Also I liked the new male angel -Revel I guess- he looks so interesting!!
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Oct 15, 2021 5:16 AM

Aug 2020
A great episode, a nice change of pace from the other mediocre seasonals. My fav anime this season so far, I just hope they can keep it up until the end.

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Oct 15, 2021 5:19 AM
Feb 2020
anyone know what that angel guy with the comedian that died name was for anyone that read the manga or somthing
ADD ME. NEED MORE ONLINE FRIENDS lol
Oct 15, 2021 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
It was pretty good. That weird pervert dude deserved to die though 100%. Pretty good episode
Oct 15, 2021 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
MELLOAARON said:
anyone know what that angel guy with the comedian that died name was for anyone that read the manga or somthing
Wrong place to ask that dude, that's a spoiler cmon man.
Oct 15, 2021 5:55 AM
Feb 2020
how that a spoiler it happens in the episode that we are discussing
Oct 15, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2016
MELLOAARON said:

Its name is Luta.
https://platinumend.fandom.com/wiki/Luta
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Oct 15, 2021 6:11 AM
Feb 2020
thanks for the help
Oct 15, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, but I don't like main character..... He just too nice

I want character like Light Yagami
Oct 15, 2021 7:32 AM
Aug 2021
Metropoliman reminds of Tenya Iida from MHA...
Hell, they even have the same VA
Oct 15, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
omg this is banger anime !!

deserved to watch !!
Oct 15, 2021 8:01 AM
Mar 2019
The first episode was kind of cringey— and unnecessarily edgy — but I liked this one more. I can forgive MC’s surprise at the end — if an angel just randomly did that to you, of course you’d be spooked — regardless of whether you’re trying to avoid them… That angel probably jump-scared each student to make sure there’s no candidates amongst his human’s class — protective measures of sorts, I guess.

At least, that’s how I hope it’d be portrayed. Shrug.
Oct 15, 2021 8:16 AM
May 2021
I'm starting to love this anime, also the sound effects are just so freaking good. I'm guessing it becomes a battle royale concept to become God which has a lot of potential. Can't wait for next week
Oct 15, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
The mother is such a stock character that I can't find myself caring for her. She doesn't seem like anyone's family at all. Heck, she doesn't even seem like a believable person who could have existed. She is just someone who says things kindly in flashbacks, like almost every other mothers in anime. The flashback could have been any random stranger reading stuff off of a pamphlet, and it would still have the same emotional weight.

Imagine you're witnessing a robbery, and someone randomly appears in a superhero suit. haha.

I didn't feel bad for the idols either. They also felt like stock characters. And, that scene was so unnecessary. It doesn't even show how messed up the comedian's actions were. They just tell it to you directly, and then kill him off. They could have at least let him live a bit longer, and killed him off in a more satisfying way that feels like justice was truly served.

I did like the way they explained the magic-system a bit more, and in just the right time, so that it didn't feel like info-dump. That's really hard to do.

The angels look more like high school students than the actual high school students. The actual students look like adults. lol.

Hanae Natsuki's angel looks nice and pretty. But, based on his expressions, I feel like I might end up hating him.
Oct 15, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
i know this show is just death note x mirai nikki but i'm gonna keep watching anyway!

im obsessed that they have a band-maid intro too
Oct 15, 2021 11:38 AM

Feb 2019
I know a lot of people were complaining about the manga being ass but so far the first two eps have been really good to me. I like the battle royale premise.
Oct 15, 2021 11:46 AM
Nov 2020
I found this episode hilarious. It's "so bad it's good", but not exactly. Hard to explain. I wouldn't mind if they kept this tone until the end, it would be a fun 6/10 show.
Oct 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
Hahaha that ending shot was fun xD

I wonder when someone will ask "can you kill an angel?" with a white arrow. Or maybe even red arrow - will it work on angels too?
Oct 15, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
One thing that I'm enjoying from Platinum End so far is Nasse and her facial expressions. I burst out laughing when her optimistic encouragement to Mirai was met with silence from him, leaving her very confused and perplexed. XD

Either way, the Rodriguez guy got what was coming to him very quickly. The guy who killed him, calling himself Metropoliman, is one to watch out for. He put on a good show in the face of the public, but he's very serious about wanting to take on all of the other god candidates and win. His suit design was pretty good and the CGI used for him wasn't half bad, either.

The ending was a bit sudden, with the angel swooping down to meet Mirai, which startled him. I guess not having Nasse hanging around him won't stop him from being seen by the other angels, so it'll be interesting to see what'll happen next for him.
Oct 15, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Unbelievable, they really gonna waste Tomokazu Sugita just like that? ๐Ÿ˜†

Welp rip that Gintoki/Shinsuke-like potential of chemistry as Luta (Takehito Koyasu) is on his own now.
Oct 15, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
Man, the relationship between the angel and Mirai is so wholesome but apart from that, the episode overall gave me goosebumps.
Oct 15, 2021 5:36 PM
Sep 2021
i did like it. metropolitan is crazy man just wants to kill all the others. mirai really cant catch a break
Oct 15, 2021 7:54 PM

Oct 2008
deymn good 2nd ep! that ending was intense! i guess it's no use to laylow even if your angel is not in close proximity with you...but damn! if you get shocked don't show it! use your pokerface human skills! lolz! just like Mieruko's poker face!
Metropoliman is uber LAME!!! the outfit the seigi oh man lame!
5/5.

Oct 15, 2021 9:50 PM
Dec 2019
manuelll said:
Man, the relationship between the angel and Mirai is so wholesome but apart from that, the episode overall gave me goosebumps.

She told him to murder his cousins, who are children, for money. I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure exactly the way they'll characterize Mirai but I doubt "wholesome, self-sacrifice for the greater good, and upholding sensible morals" will be it.
Oct 15, 2021 9:56 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, I really like this episode better than the other one. Im really intrigued of the ranking system of the angles and I was really surprised that only a set amount of angles only have both arrows.
Oct 16, 2021 3:15 AM
Jun 2021
To be honest i wasn't expecting any good from this anime cuz many weebs told me that this not good but it seems very interesting and the story is also going good..
Oct 16, 2021 3:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its rare indeed for band maid to provide an opening though. A comedian like that guy sure was a odd choice though. Still at least he had a quick death which is more than he deserves. The bank robbery though sure added some nice tension to the ep while serving as a nice vehicle to introduce the new candidate. Its interesting that the number of angel within specific rankings are not set in stone though as it adds a degree of unpredictability to the series. But if anything without the angels powers Mirai would never had been able to attain high school so despite everything its a good thing that he met Nasse. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in expanding upon the angel's part of the narrative also did well to showcase the types of people that can become candidates. Have to say someone that has a sense of justice on one side while having grave ambition on the other sure makes an interesting first opponent for Mirai and Nasse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2021 6:09 AM

Jun 2010
Our wimpy MC boy better harden tf up quickly or he's not going to last long in this battle royale game.

Oct 16, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
CGI better than expected. In fact it’s probably better than the regular animation; gosh it’s so fugly.

Have no real opinion on the show yet. Just think the whole “happiness” theme is extra cringe. Also why would a mom randomly start talking to her young kid about deep philosophy? When I was that age my mom’s deepest philosophy to me was to not sit close to the TV.

Feels like the show wants to be 2deep5u with only surface level critical thinking.
Oct 16, 2021 6:36 AM
May 2020
bruh mirai just wants a normal life fam
Oct 16, 2021 7:24 AM
Apr 2021
I can't wait to see the rest of the candidates tbh
Oct 16, 2021 7:26 AM
Apr 2021
Protaku said:
CGI better than expected. In fact it’s probably better than the regular animation; gosh it’s so fugly.

Have no real opinion on the show yet. Just think the whole “happiness” theme is extra cringe. Also why would a mom randomly start talking to her young kid about deep philosophy? When I was that age my mom’s deepest philosophy to me was to not sit close to the TV.

Feels like the show wants to be 2deep5u with only surface level critical thinking.
I see this show more as a "fun dumb ride" sort of deal. The writing isn't stellar but it's a fun to watch due to the insane premise. I'm biased though because I think the angel is cute.
Oct 16, 2021 9:29 AM
Apr 2015
That final scene got me chills, the real trouble for Mirai is about to begin
Oct 16, 2021 10:22 AM

Jan 2018
Mirai needs to take lessons from Mieruko-chan xD That cliffhanger was intense. Can't wait to find out how this turns out.

I kind of wish this anime was just back and forths between Mirai and his "angel" Nesse like Light and Ryuk had for a good portion of Death Note (I already failed with my statement from last episode) instead of this Future Diary style battle royale (awesome, new comparison) which we've certainly seen a few times before.
Oct 16, 2021 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
That was a good episode. From the opening it seems that Metropoliman will have allies, at first I thought it was going to be the candidates who work together but after seeing his character and ambition to be God.. doesn't seem like that will be the case.
Oct 16, 2021 12:34 PM
Jan 2021
Still boring as expected. That damn angel "exposition machine" won't shut her mouth for a second

That"Iida Tenya" wannabe guy, looks and sound ridiculous -I didn't even want to mention.... but that CG..aacchh

The pacing feel rushed

And the idea of white arrows sound shallow, it's a cheap execution. Why not just let them kill each other in a more gruesome way, using the power of angel they got? That would be more fitting with the theme of the Fallen Angels and Fallen Human, and surely be a better way harnessing that R-Rating more interestingly
Oct 16, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2020
that angel got fucking wings coming out of his ass...

โ”Œโ”€โˆโ‡โˆโ”€โ”

โ””โ”€โˆโ‡โˆโ”€โ”˜

Oct 16, 2021 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ooooh I think I've got a crush for this new bishounen badass-cruel angel Revel-kun !
His chara-design and expressions are so good

Oct 16, 2021 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
LevyLikesAnime said:
Protaku said:

I see this show more as a "fun dumb ride" sort of deal. The writing isn't stellar but it's a fun to watch due to the insane premise. I'm biased though because I think the angel is cute.

I wonder what happened with the author to go from spooky Ryuuk shinigami to cutesy loli shinigami. Apparently Berserk’s author went through something similar so something must be in the air over there lol
Oct 16, 2021 5:47 PM
Mar 2012
Cool OP & ED.
Seems current god still ages, maybe no immortality then.
Liking the Survival game mechanics, balance out the op white arrow, and each candidate & angel seems to have very different motivations. That Goldbeard angel was a quitter lol.
Surprise show just joined the growing sentai/mecha group this season.
Mirai just failed the Mieruko game.

Oct 17, 2021 4:10 AM
Feb 2021
Rodrigez deservered what happened to him. I'm glad he died.
I can't wait to see what will happen between the high school students.
Oct 17, 2021 6:45 AM
Oct 2019
RIP that scum Comedian guy, he just want to be Harem King lmao

Even though Metropoliman are CGI, but i think is decent enough.
He is voice by sama VA as Iida Tenya from MHA, which is funny because they both looks similar with that superhero costume.

Mirai trying to be smart telling Nasse to not following him at school but of course other Angel can see the other candidates as well.
Oct 17, 2021 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
The fight has already started in a big way and there is no turn back, I am waiting for the next chapter, how will MIRAI escape from his greatest enemy that does not last in killing him
Oct 17, 2021 1:29 PM
Oct 2018
For a plot where the next "God" is being chosen, all the characters seem to be very uninteresting and undeserving including the MC. Pretty stale series so far but It's mostly because the characters and plot just don't seem to be mixing that well.
Oct 17, 2021 2:17 PM
Mar 2021
The anime adaptation is looking crazy so far. Omg I'm so excited to see how they're gonna animate all the ****************** and the *********** and the *********. Jokes aside, the music is great, the VA is great and the visuals are great. I've finished the manga in September and I will say I had great expectations for this and, until now, I've been far from disappointed. Keep watching guys, we're gonna have a really good time with this! ;-)
Oct 18, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2021
Liked this episode, that Rodriguez guy got what he deserved. Also is that metropoliman dude the guy on the cover? Either way, interested to see what's coming next.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

275 by wellan44 »»
May 27, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.