Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 12, 2014 8:24 PM
Jun 2013
V2Blast said:
That's not what Marzan is talking about. Very few actual high schools in the US have any sort of "cult of personality" or fanclub around a single person. I suspect real-world Japan is similar... But in anime, there often tends to be a single most popular person in the school, with literally ten or twenty people just following them around in the background. This works in a show like BakaTest or NouCome, but that's it - in a show not centered primarily around absurdist comedy, it just seems ridiculous.

Agreed.
Jan 12, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
the character design for the female mc is really too weird for me to accept.....
Cute is justice.
Jan 13, 2014 12:36 AM
May 2012
Huh, got nothing to say about this yet but, for now I'll probably see where this show is going.
Jan 13, 2014 1:48 AM

Oct 2009
Lol this is gonna be fun, unexpectedly great animation too! Hope this wont turn to a harem-fest.
ED <333
Jan 15, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
Eh, not bad. I do like the whole hot-babe-falling-for-some-random-dude kinda thing, but they didn't really tell us WHY she was falling for him.
Jan 16, 2014 4:52 AM

Jun 2012
Not sure I get the "harem" complaints. As far as I can tell, this isn't a harem series... I wouldn't say I'm a big fan from the first episode, but I don't see where this is cliche, so far.

My only complaint so far is how weak the main male lead seems... hopefully he at least has some personality later. It's one thing to be outspoken or physically weak, but right now he just seems completely lifeless, as some characters pointed out.

But why the hell are the students flipping out over such a small thing, when they're freaking swarming around her constantly? They can fawn all over her from morning til noon, but he drops she picks up this random guy's eraser, and shit just hit the fan.
Jan 16, 2014 8:36 PM

May 2012
Strong start. Hope it doesn't start getting complicated and confusing.
Jan 20, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
Lol didn't expect it to enjoy it after all:

Pros:

- Decent animation, CGI doesn't look bad
- ED song is really damn catchy
- slight romance feels

Cons:

- beta fag male
- highschool setting
- characterdesigns look generic as fuck
- won't go anywhere.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 21, 2014 1:34 AM

May 2012
00:47 w-what is that thing?

02:25 too big, but her face should be redesigned

03:45 Obama LOOOOL

09:23 =.=

21:01 just b her already

7/10
Witch! Witch! Witch!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 22, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty decent I guess, but fighting rabbits wut is dis?! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 24, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Technically, I find it all too good, seeing how he is behaving JC Staff with Golden Time!
Well-designed environments, character design pretty, graphically rich characters, only drawback hurry raccontarre in history. The narrative immediately fire all of its cartridges, I hope there is a slow but solid growth in the next episodes.
However, I do not know why, but also with plot elements that they know of déjà vu, I like it.
The sausage was hilarious! XD
Jan 24, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
I was hesitant to pick this one up but it's so much better than I thought! Great first episode with intense fights and effects. Looks great and I'm excited for more.
Jan 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
We need to talk about Obama-kun....

I like this show. I can see it isn't held up by overused character types and plot devices. The animation is sweet with a pretty entertaing ending sequence and song. I have high hopes for it.
Jan 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
Pres. Obama special move "THE BEST, IS YET, TO COME!"
Jan 29, 2014 5:32 AM

Mar 2008
That was damn entertaining!
Way more than a lot of other series I tried out so far..
I love hearing all his thoughts xD
and that wiener..
Jan 29, 2014 6:28 PM

Feb 2013
The female lead having obscenely large breasts turned me off. I hate when animators do that for no reason. Dropping this anime because even though I felt like watching it from the summary because I like magic and witches and all, it feels like this is gonna be another harem and oversexualizing females.
Jan 29, 2014 7:11 PM
Jan 2008
Candeloro said:
The female lead having obscenely large breasts turned me off. I hate when animators do that for no reason. Dropping this anime because even though I felt like watching it from the summary because I like magic and witches and all, it feels like this is gonna be another harem and oversexualizing females.

As of episode 4 there are only two females that are interested in Takamiya for romantic reasons and one of them is Kagari. The other witches just want the mysterious thing inside of him which isn't related to romance at all.

There hasn't been any "oversexualizing of females" at all. The only thing I can think of that comes close is Kagari torturing the 5 witches from episode 2 just because it's torture, and that's quite the stretch.
ZodiacBeastJan 29, 2014 7:19 PM
Feb 2, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
The best part of the show was the ED (I couldn't stop laughing).
Feb 5, 2014 4:31 PM

Sep 2012
immediately when the main characters face showed up , i was like
HEY this looks like hataraku maou sama,haha

so i knew id fall for this,
defintly liking the way the magic is being used.
and the bunny army was pretty creative,

can already telll from the opening there is going to be a few moe characters on my list this winter.
hahaha
kagari is such a kuudere
Feb 8, 2014 8:08 PM

May 2011
This series looks so cheesy, but it's not bad for the first episode. Only problem I have is how weak the protagonist is but this is only the beginning so it should be fine as long as he has some development later on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2012
This anime has to take the cake for the MOST annoying classmates ever...

Not to mention that was the some of the dumbest reason for bullying someone I have ever seen in a show.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 16, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
Best part of the episode is when the bunny soldiers started fighting each other lol

Pretty good first episode.
My Candies:
Feb 19, 2014 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
It was sort of boring. The fight scene was cool, but I dislike how the chick overpowered the enemy chick (Tanpopo was it?). I liked the ED song though, I mean the ED sequence, it was cute, I guess? There were also a lot of cringe worthy part in this episode. Personally I felt that the fame of that chick was a little overboard, her fans were annoying as hell, especially the bullies.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 21, 2014 7:21 PM
Oct 2013
Even though its not a harem it sure does feel like it. Its only 12 episodes so I mine as well keep watching to see what happens.
Feb 22, 2014 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
"I will protect you. You are my princess after all."

Role reversal, here we go! Oh, yes, as a longtime reader of the manga, I've been waiting for this ever since I saw the announcement. Nevermind my late start, lol. I was afraid that Ryuu Mizunagi's very intricate art style would be lost upon adaptation, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. Anyway, I'm impressed by J.C. Staff's take for the first episode. Visually pleasing, just like my experience with HenNeko's adaptation. I hope they keep this up, or do better!
Feb 26, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 2010
this is some pretty chuuni shit
Feb 26, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
It may not be intentional, but I feel like Ayaka could be used as a metaphor for God (at least in this episode)..... Anyone else who is christian see it that way a little?
Feb 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
The rabbit minions definitely remind me of Usovich.

Yup. Nothing wrong with the new transfer students at all....

That ending song was adorable. Only anime can make torture look cute.
Mar 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Huh? So we have a flamming witch with huge breast protecting a man princess from evil bunny? I don't know what was going on...

''You are my princess'', something that no men want to hear :P

Man, those people in that school are fucking violent. Also : ''Who is this guy? He gave me eyes cancer!'', ouch xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 4, 2014 11:28 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this episode much more then I thought I was going to it is funny and has magic so far it is in my top 3 as of first episodes go for this airing season so I hope it continues to be good n get better
Mar 23, 2014 10:04 PM
Feb 2011
For some reason watching this reminded me of Bakemonogatari lol.
Mar 25, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
*cough Lovely Complex *cough

Dat Tanpopo's voice (I recognize her voice from Gin no Saji)
That just too "wow" for a first episode
Lol... Here we goes again
The law of main character (especially school genre)
There's always many transfer students xD

My friends told me that this anime was so hillarious...
But I didn't find it in 1st ep
Oh well, this is definitely interesting
Rayl1ghtMar 27, 2014 8:30 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 24, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2012
Somewhat a decent start, characters seem rather plain and boring the concept is pretty casual and well I wonder what the whole story have to offer us but I'm guessing a man hunt/harem!

That ED was pretty funny though.
Jun 20, 2014 7:11 AM
May 2012
Wow..........big oppais wooohooo!!!!!!!!!
Kagari sure is hot, but she really needs to show more emotions, and she is taller than the MC ahahaha.
MC should stop being a wimp =_= Those were some annoying folks at their school!!
I like the character designs and the animation.
Opening by fhana :3 Ending song is pretty cute~
I like Harem Anime, but I think it's a good thing that this show is not a Harem.
Let's see how this goes!!
Jul 15, 2014 5:29 AM

Oct 2009
Obama-kun? 0.o "The best is yet to come!" xD

Doesn't his name (Hono) means fire in Japanese?

I like shows with reversed gender roles. It's refreshing to see guys in the distress role and the girl/s saving him.

Kagari is awesome, though I wish she would smile more often
Feb 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Nov 2012
You got 3 yes :D
Feb 15, 2015 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Huh? So we have a flamming witch with huge breast protecting a man princess from evil bunny? I don't know what was going on...

''You are my princess'', something that no men want to hear :P

Man, those people in that school are fucking violent. Also : ''Who is this guy? He gave me eyes cancer!'', ouch xD

LOL especially at the huge breast comment.Everytime I see it, I keep wondering if she's gonna keel over and faint just from the sheer weight of those huge things pressing down on her chest lol.
Anyways,this first episode seems fun and interesting.The action seems to be nice as well.I really hope it's not harem though.
I wonder what Kagari means by Takamiya being her princess lol.
Lol at her fanbase and how they beat up Takamiya for dropping his eraser near her desk.They sure are a ranbunctious bunch lol
Feb 26, 2015 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
The fuck was that shit

I WANT TO KILL EVERYONE WHO'S NOT A WITCH

LET'S REVERSE HISTORY

BURN THE HUMANS

And FUCK that ED

That was ANNOYING AS FUCK

SHIT
Jun 24, 2015 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
I think this could be interesting. This opening is decent and acts as a good exposition to the rest of the series. Also I'm glad they didn't take too long to start the action. I'll definitely keep watching.
Jan 27, 2019 7:44 AM

Jun 2015
because it's every boy's dream to be carried like a princess by a beautiful girl lol
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 22, 2019 12:45 PM
Jan 2015
Fuck male protagonist. Cute and hot girl trying to protect him and all he gotto do is act like an idiot. He is supposed to be unpopular , not an idiot. Really , shit piece of an protagonist. I have high hopes for the anime for such a sweet female protagonist , but i have to rage quit it.

Piece of shit male protagonist.
Jun 20, 2020 2:33 PM
Jun 2020
It isn't anything out of the ordinary but seems interesting non the less. I have hope for future episodes.
I read some and watched a lot and I plan to see a lot more.

I also gotta get this signature thing straightened out... I'll come up with something cool later. Can't be bothered to do it now.

Also, check out my blog posts, I have lists of websites for reading manga and watching anime that you might find helpful and leave a comment!
Jun 20, 2020 2:34 PM
Jun 2020
nekkoMaster said:
Fuck male protagonist. Cute and hot girl trying to protect him and all he gotto do is act like an idiot. He is supposed to be unpopular , not an idiot. Really , shit piece of an protagonist. I have high hopes for the anime for such a sweet female protagonist , but i have to rage quit it.

Piece of shit male protagonist.

The authors are going that route for a reason, there is something called character development after all.

I also gotta get this signature thing straightened out... I'll come up with something cool later. Can't be bothered to do it now.

Also, check out my blog posts, I have lists of websites for reading manga and watching anime that you might find helpful and leave a comment!
Jun 20, 2020 2:41 PM
Jun 2020
After watching the end scene I have a feeling that this is gonna turn into some kind of deadly harem or something. Hopefully not. That cliche is so played out. Besides, the explosions are dope.

EDIT: It isn't gonna be a harem.

Jun 20, 2020 2:43 PM
Jun 2020
DrGeroCreation said:
For the people thinking about dropping it because it's a harem anime, don't because it's not a harem anime. For anyone thinking about dropping it because of the male MC being weak, don't because he is a very interesting character that is very useful.

Thanks for letting us know.

Jun 27, 2020 6:30 AM
Jun 2020
Don't watch this unless you watched every single thing in this world. (Watching paint dry is way better).
Aug 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Mar 2020
that guys name is obama-kun and speaks english omg lol japan!
Oct 11, 2020 6:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A weird but enjoyable one I guess lol I kinda like how they swapped the roles at the beginning... from loser to master
Feb 14, 2021 9:17 AM
Feb 2021
Tingkatkan lagi myanimelist
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

91 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.