Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2021 9:44 PM

Oct 2016
ReaperCreeper said:
That cringe ass video from the hippo was praised?

haha.. I know right?
Jun 5, 2021 3:55 PM

Apr 2018
Shiso is just a gold digger imo, rip the that loan repayment.
Really love the atmosphere, calm and relaxing episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 7, 2021 5:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course Shirakawa isn't clean at all, that discussion between Dobu and Odakawa was sure mysterious.
That last part at the restaurant, I feel bad for him, 100 000 yens for that, and she'll probably dump him anyway.
Jun 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2018
If Kakihana is going to be in trouble. Good chapter
Jun 14, 2021 12:21 AM

Oct 2017
Small world eh? Every event so far is connected with each other. Also 100000 yen again? Conincedence?
Jun 22, 2021 1:50 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, stop the simping. The social commentary is strong in this one lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 29, 2021 9:30 PM
Nov 2019
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The idol group Mystery Kiss may have made its debut earlier in the show, but we haven't got to see from their manager: the fox Yamamoto's POV. But if there's one thing: Mitsuya's helping the distraught Tanaka trace down Odokawa's taxi, and with Shiho trying to imitate Nikaido's ways of making it big in the idol business. That business is very lucrative, and for all 3 to shine as a group, might as well shine like a diamond, rather than a carbon gemstone. Of course, Odokawa doesn't care about the pleasantries of anything idol-related, and he's purely the same social commentary character. Using Odokawa's taxi as an advertisement publicity campaign, he may not be interested, but count it as helping someone out.

Doctor Goriki calling in Odokawa to check on him, and it's confirmed that his medicine are slowly being stolen out of his clinic (see Episode 1). Trying to pin the blame on Shirakawa is the only likely suspect in Odokawa's sight since her back-end deal with Dobu, and the questioning in his taxi pretty much affirms his suspicions about Dobu wanting to get back at Yano. Thankfully, Odokawa is getting better at trying to evade Dobu's threats, and with each passing step, the latter is getting more attention to be targeted.

Kakihana sure is having a good time with Shiho for a date, and both have a common theme in being poor chaps...just that Kakihana tries TOO hard to impress Shiho with whatever he can muster. The hardcore fan of Nikaido, Imai winning a million yen lottery aside, it's Twitter wannabe Kabusawa who steals the spotlight by proclaiming his capture of the criminal Dobu. THAT'S...A PRETTY BOLD CLAIM, given that it went viral easily.

AHHH that loan repayment...

The mystery is slowly racking up...

Was there any connection between Tanaka and Mystery Kiss girl shown later in the series???
DoctoRojackJun 29, 2021 9:55 PM
Jun 29, 2021 9:37 PM
Nov 2019
Hyskoa_Morroh said:
z00nex said:
Wow that guy hit the lottery with the numbers that Odokawa gave him, which were from the photo that Eiji took. The idol girl hid a phone in between the seats, I wonder why she did that.

She did it so Tanaka would be able to track Odokawa using GPS. But I do wonder how Tanaka knows the idol girl

Was it cleared later?
Jun 29, 2021 9:51 PM

Jul 2014
oh man didn't expect the plot twist, 11/10 shud watch (ofc watch it in the whole episode). but still, I'm a little confused, who was the passenger that odokawa want to tell? was that the new kuroneko?
hope there will be a new ova or smthg that continue the story
fakku48Jun 29, 2021 10:28 PM
Jun 30, 2021 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
DoctoRojack said:
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The idol group Mystery Kiss may have made its debut earlier in the show, but we haven't got to see from their manager: the fox Yamamoto's POV. But if there's one thing: Mitsuya's helping the distraught Tanaka trace down Odokawa's taxi, and with Shiho trying to imitate Nikaido's ways of making it big in the idol business. That business is very lucrative, and for all 3 to shine as a group, might as well shine like a diamond, rather than a carbon gemstone. Of course, Odokawa doesn't care about the pleasantries of anything idol-related, and he's purely the same social commentary character. Using Odokawa's taxi as an advertisement publicity campaign, he may not be interested, but count it as helping someone out.

Doctor Goriki calling in Odokawa to check on him, and it's confirmed that his medicine are slowly being stolen out of his clinic (see Episode 1). Trying to pin the blame on Shirakawa is the only likely suspect in Odokawa's sight since her back-end deal with Dobu, and the questioning in his taxi pretty much affirms his suspicions about Dobu wanting to get back at Yano. Thankfully, Odokawa is getting better at trying to evade Dobu's threats, and with each passing step, the latter is getting more attention to be targeted.

Kakihana sure is having a good time with Shiho for a date, and both have a common theme in being poor chaps...just that Kakihana tries TOO hard to impress Shiho with whatever he can muster. The hardcore fan of Nikaido, Imai winning a million yen lottery aside, it's Twitter wannabe Kabusawa who steals the spotlight by proclaiming his capture of the criminal Dobu. THAT'S...A PRETTY BOLD CLAIM, given that it went viral easily.

AHHH that loan repayment...

The mystery is slowly racking up...

Was there any connection between Tanaka and Mystery Kiss girl shown later in the series???
if you've seen this show right up till the very end, refer to the character cast that's already translated. Not gonna spoil this for newcomers.
Jun 30, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2020
Well, the monke has same VA as Usopp and even his character is very similar to Usopp.
Jun 30, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2021
DoctoRojack said:
Hyskoa_Morroh said:

She did it so Tanaka would be able to track Odokawa using GPS. But I do wonder how Tanaka knows the idol girl

Was it cleared later?

Jul 1, 2021 3:18 AM

May 2020
Kakihana needs a serious dose of reality. Hopefully Odakawa tells him about the fact that she's an idol and is only in it for his (non-existent) money.
Jul 3, 2021 3:29 AM

Jul 2020
Wow,everything is slowly coming together.
I feel like in the last episode,everything will slowly makes sense.This is some unique mystery anime I've seen.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 4, 2021 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
Like I said in the previous episode, the plot keep getting better and better. Wow, it's disappointing and also was kind of expected that guy waa gonna take out a loan to impress this girl who isn't even into him. And that Nikaido fan boy actually won the lottery! I remember the episode where he bought the lottery ticket in the first place.
臭い-
Jul 7, 2021 1:27 AM
May 2020
baboon dude digging himself into a deep hole
Jul 10, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2018
This is one of the best anime's this season you don't want to skip the OP and monkey is "simp" Hard damn he Loan with a pretty steep interest rate to impress a woman that doesn´t seem to be too interested in him in the slightest unless he mentions money or expensive things like for .private jet things like that It´s really sad that he doesn´t get it. Overall 8 out of 10
Jul 15, 2021 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
I failed to mention, I absolutely love the OP.

My god Kakki what're you doinggg
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 20, 2021 11:34 PM

Aug 2020
It seems those two are accomplices. The 2nd half of this episode gave me second hand embarassment. Good episode yet again.
Jul 29, 2021 6:35 PM
Jul 2013
Leaving a phone in the cab like that, it probably wouldn't work IRL. The first thing you do after dropping someone off is checking for stuff left behind.
Aug 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2016
Looking forward to seeing hippo dude getting shot because of his stupidity.
Aug 14, 2021 6:18 AM
Oct 2019
The puzzle are coming together slowly but sure.

That Pink Pen is getting focus shot again, must be important for sure.

Why Mitsuya helping Tanaka, are they related somehow, and the music in the end of Tanaka scene was something.

Oh shit so the missing girl must related to the Manager.

Shirakawa really stolen the medicine and have a connection with Dobu.

Damn Kakihana loan money with that interest rate, poor dude just trying to impress a girl.
Probably the same loan company that Shirakawa loan money from.

Wtf the random number that Odokawa comes out from the Photo that Kakihana capture on the locker room somehow made Imai won a billion yen.
Wow

Kabasawa a.k.a cringe hippo dude are insane.
This guy just asked to be killed.
Yeah threatening actual criminal just for fame, social media addiction is crazy.

Holy Shit every characters have their ulterior movites.

Everything is connected!!!
The pay off is great when you really remember the information from previous episodes.
Aug 29, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2018
Eiji had to take a loan to impress someone who's only after the money.. hopefully one day he will find someone who truly loves him for who he is ^
Sep 13, 2021 3:23 AM

Jul 2015
Nice that superfan Imai won a billion yen thanks to Odokawa's magic locker numbers, hopefully he'll pay off the 1500 yen he still owes for that drive. Unexpected to see Shiho planting the phone in Odokawa's car as gps tracker for Tanaka, makes me wonder what their connection is. Also the date with Kakihana was terrible, he really should stop this bluff before loan sharks are coming for his head.

Oct 17, 2021 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
Kakihana is such an idiot, pretends to be rich, and he borrows ¥100,000, if Shiho finds out about it, well Kakihana is done
Nov 18, 2021 4:28 AM
Dec 2014
I feel kind of bad for the monkey who just wants to meet a pretty girl to date and even took out a loan... Lying about something like that though what does he expect...
Nov 19, 2021 9:25 AM
Nov 2020
The puzzle pieces continue to connect...
Dec 16, 2021 12:35 AM

May 2015
Monke has monke brain
$1000 loan for a fake date, you down bad
Dec 30, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2018
So girls are wearing masks to remain anonymous.1 of them may be the missing one and the other one dates with rich old guys and makes them support idol group with their money.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
damn Monkey will get in a lot of debt and trouble just to impress the girl for sure

so the Nurse is the one stealing the medications for Dobu to sell since she has a huge debt on her most probably the debt about her college education

Odakawa should watch out since Tanaka is about to kill him
Mar 25, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Everyone and their mother know each other so the questions I would have is if the protagonist just "happen" to get in the middle of this or there is a big reveal about his past.

The monkey brought that embarrassment by himself and is not like he's going to get scammed by the girl since he doesn't have money in the first place.

So they can have pets and they even eat fried chicken, okay.
May 11, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2021
Ooh, the dog manager seems to be working with Yano.

Also, Shirakawa san was the one stealing from the clinic?? Also, she's paying her debts to Dobu. I don't think Dobu sent her to Odokawa, I think she genuinely liked him.

Damn, that fanboy won 1 billion yen huh? And Taichi is making false claims about catching Dobu.

Kakihara has got himself in trouble. He should just come clean. Maybe the idol girl might see through his monetary situation since she also grew up poor and might sympathize with him I guess?

The opening has grown on me so much. This opening is such a vibe fr.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 3, 2022 12:51 AM
Sep 2020
Everything in this show is connected...cant even take a random comment in an conversation lightly...kinda fun to interconnect all the dots...still the amount of self destructive people in this show are a lot..gloomy stuff
Aug 17, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2018
Kakihana is simping hard... But since he's like 41 and still single, I can kind of understand his desperation. Still, it's sad to watch.
Also that hippo guy making a video about catching the criminal is stupid af.
Jan 8, 2023 6:40 PM

Aug 2017
I love how this episode is tying up the pieces together for each character.
The stolen medicine in Goriki's clinic which is linked to Shirakawa as the suspect. Kabasawa making a twitter video post about wanting to capture Dobu.  Kakihana dating a mystery kiss idol member.  Yamamoto wanting mystery kiss to be successful.
These pieces in someway or other are linked to something much bigger.

The mystery of the "missing Nerima girl" is slowly unraveling up.

Apr 16, 2023 10:57 PM

Jun 2010
I think you can tell this show is aimed at an older audience just by the way it portrays a teenager as an annoying self-absorbed brat.

Kakihana obviously has never been in a fancy Western-style restaurent before. Calling out for another drink, holding up his glass to be refilled, and looking for a desk or register to pay on the way out are all habits that fit much lower-priced restaurents like Taeko's.

Taking out a loan to pretend to be rich for his internet girlfriend reminds me of Tanaka's foolishness in the previous episode.
Oct 15, 2023 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
Kakihana trying to act like he's got sugar daddy money lol.
Dec 31, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2022
Oof, Odokawa recoginized the girl because she's the one that messaged Kakihara. The date with Kakihara is going so poorly. She's busy on her phone, poor guy. I already said this but, I feel like she's getting close to old dudes so that they'll give her money. Didn't the fox ask about the taxi driver's name previously? Why didn't he notice that it was Odokawa? The hippo is so freaking stupid. He's getting involved with bad people. As for the guy cat, oh man. He now knows where Odokawa lives. But what's weird is that the tracking on his phone had a red signal? Could it have been something like find my friends? Maybe his sister is the girl that's missing? Bro really got a loan to impress the girl? And the interest rate is 18%?? That's so sad.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 29, 11:20 PM
CD enthusiast

Jan 2024
Very cool how all the characters separate lives are intersecting!

I feel sympathy for Kakihana. He's just a lonely middle-aged guy trying to find someone to love. Then again, it's also a shame to be so deluded about such a young woman actually liking him for any authentic reason, going as far as completely fabricating his life to appeal to her. I guess deep down he knows she'd never truly be interested in him.

Oh, and Kabasawa's vigilante crusade for Internet points... What could possibly go wrong? -_-
Mar 24, 7:55 PM
Dec 2021
intriguing to say the least
Apr 16, 3:18 AM

Jun 2021
Why is almost every character in a mess, this is giving so much second hand anxiety

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Jun 28, 3:03 PM
Feb 2024
It's a sad episode, mostly for the friend of odokawa and the cat
Jun 29, 1:58 AM
Feb 2023
It was a very slow paced episode . which is not something I am interested in
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5, 2021

199 by victorbeersus »»
Aug 24, 7:01 AM

Poll: » How many episodes of Odd Taxi should someone have to watch before their score counts towards MAL's average score?

fluffycow17 - Feb 12, 2023

21 by AkaiSanji »»
Aug 4, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

396 by Tobimaroo »»
Jul 25, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 26, 2021

173 by LilyRoseGretchen »»
Jul 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 19, 2021

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 11, 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.