Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2021 9:41 AM
Aug 2016
Legit the Kumoko side was funny as hell, especially when it finally showed how Kumoko really looks. The human side was hella rushed tho, a friend told me it adapted half volume in 10 minutes. And their animation were pretty average too.
Apr 16, 2021 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
The beginning of the episode was good. Had a few laughs at Kumoko's fantasizing and tantrums. The transition between her moe form and true form was also really smooth. But the rest of it was terrible. The animation almost gave me a headache. All kinds of abrupt cuts, single frames, offscreen action and some truly bizarre camera angles at times.

Oka-sensei looked absolutely ridiculous while running. Same with Sophia and her running animation towards the end of the episode. It just looked so absurd that I burst out laughing when I saw it. But perhaps the worst "animation" in the episode was when Schlain gets stabbed in his leg. It shows a frame of the assailant behind him, then cuts to another frame and then shows a frame of the blade connecting to his leg. Three frames with no animation. A literal slideshow. I enjoyed episode 13 immensely but this episode was just bad.

2/5
Apr 16, 2021 9:47 AM
Dec 2017
Hebi_op said:
Legit the Kumoko side was funny as hell, especially when it finally showed how Kumoko really looks. The human side was hella rushed tho, a friend told me it adapted half volume in 10 minutes. And their animation were pretty average too.

tbf half a volume of human content isn't really that much.
Even though there're 9 chapters of Human Content in volume 3 those chapters are way shorter than Kumo's.
Apr 16, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
Kumoko's part was hilarious, if only the whole episode was only about her. The good thing about the Shun part is the vampire onee-san
Apr 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2014
One thing that makes me wonder... the whole thing on human side is a plot by demon lord. But we already saw them having enough firepower to wipe hero party - they don't need to bother with such schemes. On top of it there are elves being sucpicious and the whole topic of religion/truth behind the world and skills.
I think it'd be safe to assume it will go into "demons were good guy all along" route, especially if (and so far it sems so) Kumoko is with them.
Apr 16, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2015
Sinovexx said:
Anyone know where i start reading from?

Start at the beginning of V4 unless you want to read some of the skipped parts
Apr 16, 2021 10:12 AM

Aug 2020
Story good, Animation bad

TLDR of this ep
Apr 16, 2021 10:15 AM

Jan 2020
The animation of part of kumo = well, but the animation on behalf of humans = bad, many scenes were missing in battle, I do not complain about quality if not exactly about the lack of scenes, that is, sound is heard when they tear Schlain's meat but only the wound is shown, and several examples as long as the battle.

Even so, I prefer to miss scenes to animation aberrations such as the Goku vs Bills fight or the latest seasons of Nanatsu No Taisai, for me they would have taken 2 weeks of rest, besides, I think they are going through the scenes of kumo joke, taking advantage of Yuuki's voice, that my mother speaks to me, that I have already stayed alone, that I would not thank me for not being a human and I imagine the scenes in which yes, for me it has been more than clear that Kumo-chan does not like to be a spider, and continue with that kind of dialogue in the next chapters it is a bit absurd

The positive part is that in the progression of the plot goes very well, following the 2 lines of time is no longer a problem and the connections are consistent between the scenes of the past and the present, the details such as putting kumo in their version kawaii and in his version "Kemono" go very well, and at my opinion the voices have improved from the beginning

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 16, 2021 10:15 AM
Feb 2020
Light Novel: Makes Schlain's story a side story
Manga: does not even have Schlain in it.
Anime: DOES HORRIBLE ANIMATION FOR SCHLAIN PART
Apr 16, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2019
The story is actually interesting now, but holy shit was the human fights poorly animated.

The first half with Kumoko looked good. The second half with Shun’s camp getting betrayed might have been some of the worst fight scenes I have ever seen in anime. There are times you can’t tell what is happening because it is such a mess and it severely lessens any impact the fights could have.

The animation continues to be the main aspect holding this anime back.
Apr 16, 2021 10:25 AM
Jun 2015
It's really disappointing how they chose to adapt the light novel. Obviously, any anime adaptation is probably going to have to cut some content, but in this case, there have been changes made beyond simply condensing the plot. Some of these changes didn't even facilitate cutting some part short and pretty much every change has been for the worse, so I struggle to understand why they made most of them.

As is, it is very difficult to understand the plot of Shun's side right now, and although that is partly to support the mystery of Kumoko's identity in the future, it wasn't nearly this bad in the source material.
Apr 16, 2021 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
man, I would've been ok with full CGI, what was this?
this light novel needs a better treatment
Apr 16, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, now that we have confirmed that Shouko is the vampire, we have one less suspect for the position of Demon Lord. She was my biggest suspect I must say but hey, last week I said she could be the blonde and it's her and that her fang was fishy and it turned out she was a vampire haha.

If having a monster like Kumoko save you wasn't weird enough, I can't imagine what they must have thought when she started rolling around on the floor throwing a tantrum lmao. Kumoko and her delusions were hilarious as well.

How amazing is it that the only positive action we have seen so far from Kumoko towards the humans will lead to all of this in the future huh. Also, what is going on with the elves? The reincarnated children are supposed to be staying with them so, they just took them as babies no matter what? Kinda cold to be honest. Whatever it is, Sophia doesn't seem to like them very much.

Now... Shun, poor Shun. I can't imagine how horrible it can be to have your world come crashing down in an instant. Your father murdered by your sister who is brainwashed by an idiot who has one of your brothers as an ally. Then there is also Katia but thank God Shun has the power to save waifus it seems, seriously, what happened there? Oh well, whatever it was, I definitely didn't want Katia dead so that's good, I just hope he can eventually save Sue too. My God, Hugo really puts me in a bad mood, I hope he gets the most painful death and if possible soon.

Knowing that Kumoko is on that side either as the Demon Lord or the girl in white or both I have to wonder, what is her goal? With the knowledge about the world we saw she obtained, one would think it's to save the world but how would she accomplish that with what she's doing?

Other than that, man, it's a real shame what happens to the animation when there are 2D action scenes involved. We've seen it many times already throughout the season but it's really lacking, awkward and hard to follow. And this becomes even more noticeable when the second half of an episode like this is pure action, such a shame.
Apr 16, 2021 10:43 AM
Mar 2015
Animation budget goes poof.
Apr 16, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I was so hyped was hoping to see kumoko level up more after defeating humans but looks like she didn't really gain anything.. only a slight mention prior. But the humans don't seem that interesting to me, but can't wait to see it all tie in together at the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 16, 2021 10:47 AM
Aug 2017
One of the most jarring drops in animation and editing quality I've even seen. It wasn't even bad in the first half of the episode.
Apr 16, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
Kumoko sure does look different and less innocent in the eyes of humans.

Just imagine being those people watching Kumoko putting on a whole play after saving them. I don't know if I'd be laughing or genuinely confused.
Apr 16, 2021 10:54 AM
Feb 2017
They should just narrate the human side story already. It will some save rating
Apr 16, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2009
Letting an attempted murderer run free was a bad idea, who knew

This was the first episode where I enjoyed the spider part more than the human part. Did not like the plot direction there.
Apr 16, 2021 10:55 AM
Dec 2017
1nvader said:
Animation budget goes poof.

Shun: No! You can't eat my budget!

Alaba: Animation go brrrrr
Apr 16, 2021 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
I think the moment Kumoko's timeline converges with the humans, we'll get the whole picture.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 16, 2021 11:02 AM
Dec 2017
Omegalen said:
One of the most jarring drops in animation and editing quality I've even seen. It wasn't even bad in the first half of the episode.

I think this is when people shouls notice that the anime is divided into 2 teams (even in the 2D studio).
Kumoko's story is made mostly in 3D but with some elements in 2D, and as we saw the 2D in Kumoko's part in this episode was fine.

Meanwhile, Shun side is made mostly in 2D and being fair I think this team is the one that does everything aside from Kumo's 2D.
Last week episode the OP had several issues in the human characters so I guess they ran out of time fixing it and couldn't work in this episode properly.

Let's hope that they get back in track in the next episode.
Apr 16, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2018
Even rushing like hell the episode was so good, except, just what in the flying fuck happened to the animation? Like, seriously, what the hell? I hope that this at least gets fixed in the blueray release but goddamn, you can't just broadcast this and call it a day.

So sad that Katia being best girl was heavily diminished and cut.
Apr 16, 2021 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Part with Kumoko was fun as always, until we saw how her saving the vampire baby tied into the present. Shit went down and Negi isn't that gloomy looking anymore. Was he bullied or just a loner? I don't remember much from the episode where everyone was shown in their past life. Anyway, he didn't forget. Almost makes you wish Kumoko didn't intervene when the bandits attacked.

Pretty exciting development, but I guess I need to rewatch from the beginning to get all the details in order to enjoy this to the fullest.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2021 11:21 AM
Dec 2017
If anyone want to know how Katia broke from the Mind Control this is the reason.

Katia has the Parallel Mind Skill and used the skill to partially evade the mind control. Hugo ended controlling one of the Parallel Minds. Katia needed to wait for the right moment to try to take the control of the body 'cuz if Hugo notice that Katia isn't fully in his control then he would extend the hypnosis through all the minds.
Apr 16, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
this really wasn't the best episode... Katia's (almost) death was supposed to be emotional but they didn't create any emotional attachments to almost any of the human characters so it was really just meh, besides, introducing us to all the new characters and reincarnations also feels pointless since we don't have any information on their past selves so it's just frustrating cause the show forms more questions than answers
Apr 16, 2021 11:26 AM

Sep 2018
MegamiRem said:
Schlain's side of the story became a complete mess in just one episode. Guess Schlain's party will join Kumoko now. Also it's confirmed now that the Demon Lord is also a reincarnate.

why would they join her now I don't know if you noticed but Schlain and Kumoko's story are 15 years apart and we don't even know where she is or if she is even still alive?
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Apr 16, 2021 11:27 AM
Apr 2020
I think that meme of you had me at the first half explains this episode , what was with all that rushed animation everything was happening way to fast. Especially katia death , in the ln that was suppose an emotional moment for shun but it happen way to fast for me to care
mmorazeApr 16, 2021 11:30 AM
Apr 16, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
jfc this episode was all over the place and visually rough to watch
Apr 16, 2021 11:45 AM

Nov 2017
I don't really care if it's just slide show, but man, the editing on this show is terrible.
You can't zoom an image without losing quality, that's a basic rule of editing, but the director or whoever edits it just doesn't care. The action sequences almost gave me a headache.
They clearly don't have enough in-between frames and try to compensate putting a child that just learned how to do anime edits on KineMaster to "make it epic".

Storywise: 14 episodes in and Kumoko is still the only good thing about the show.
I liked Fei, but she went 3D with garbage texture, so meh.
Apr 16, 2021 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
Very good episode in terms of content, kumokos part was really fun and the schlain part was also pretty interesting.

The animation on the other hand... jesus christ, did the production just exploded?? I honestly think the team was trying to do something good, but they probably didnt have enough time. Sad to see it. Although i will give it to studio millepensee, they were able to make so the anime didnt melt that much until episode 14, a new record for them, cop craft for example had its production dead by episode 3 or something. Millepensee maybe one day, ONE DAY, you will be able to make an anime that doesnt completely melt.
Apr 16, 2021 11:52 AM
Nov 2016
All of you moaning about animation when I don't recall it being bad? Was it really that bad? Are you stoopid? Do I need glasses? BTW, please spoil me who is the spider in the human timeline.
Apr 16, 2021 11:59 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, this was an amazing episode but completely ruined by the terrible animation.

However we learn more things: vampire girl baby saved by Kumoko 15 years in the past is Sophia, a reincarnated japanese girl too, same eyes, same mole under the left eye, the one who help Hugo to mess up with humans and tried to kill the hero.

Fei in dragon form is amazing. Glad Katia survived.
Apr 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Dec 2010
IanDimas said:
The human side is already boring as it is, but the dreadful action animation made it even worse, wow

Lol, they waste all the budget on Kumoko against bandits to save baby Sophia, the other reincarnated japanese girl.

Hopefully they fix this crap in the BDs.
Apr 16, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2015
martin12165 said:
All of you moaning about animation when I don't recall it being bad? Was it really that bad? Are you stoopid? Do I need glasses? BTW, please spoil me who is the spider in the human timeline.

If you really really want to know
WARNING ⚠️
Apr 16, 2021 12:06 PM
Jun 2016
Blueninja69 said:
Light Novel: Makes Schlain's story a side story
Manga: does not even have Schlain in it.
Anime: DOES HORRIBLE ANIMATION FOR SCHLAIN PART

Sounds like manga will be the way to go for me, for this story.

curvedtree said:
Kumoko's part was hilarious, if only the whole episode was only about her. The good thing about the Shun part is the vampire onee-san

Completely agree, broke my 2x speed watching of the boring human side just to see more of Sophia.
Apr 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
I thought the episode was okay, but I still liked the episode. It episode was mostly about Kumoko’s classmates and I’m okay with that. I did like the little back and forth conversation she had with herself over rather or not she should help the people in the carriage. Ultimately, she decided to help them and kill the bandits. I also liked how she instantly noticed that the vampire baby was another reincarnation just like her. Also, what happened to the elves that wanted the vampire baby but died? Who killed them?

The human side is getting much worse as the episodes progresses. Shun found himself in trouble, he was set up for murdering his dad, the king. All because the older brother wanted the throne. Of course, Hugo is involved with this, even though it looks like he is just a pawn to the Church as is Shun’s sister, Sue, and his older brother (maybe, probably not). I did like how Shun was able to snap his friend, Katia out of the brainwashing and tried to take her own life to stop herself from being brainwashed again and potentially killing Shun. I like Feirune’s adult (?) form also.

I’m still confused about the time-skips.
Nunbo_ArburApr 16, 2021 12:11 PM
Apr 16, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2011
So uh...did they run out of budget? This was so badly animated the only good thing was Kumoko's little freakout when she finds out baby Sophia and she spider rolls around. Shame reallly since this is supposed to be a very important episode from the human side POV and it just got butchered by some of the worst quality i've seen
Apr 16, 2021 12:10 PM

Apr 2018
Sofia, the busty woman. Well hugo is becoming a real villian. Doing everything for revenge.. Well the fight scenes were quite nice. Probably my favorite ep of this season.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 16, 2021 12:14 PM

May 2015
Nunbo_Arbur said:
I thought the episode was okay, but I still liked the episode. It episode was mostly about Kumoko’s classmates and I’m okay with that. I did like the little back and forth conversation she had with herself over rather or not she should help the people in the carriage. Ultimately, she decided to help them and kill the bandits. I also liked how she instantly noticed that the vampire baby was another reincarnation just like her. Also, what happened to the elves that wanted the vampire baby but died? Who killed them?

The human side is getting much worse as the episode progresses. Shun found himself in trouble, while he was set up for murdering his dad, the king all because the older brother wanted the throne. Of course, Hugo is involved with this, even though it looks like he is just a pawn to the Church as is Shun’s sister, Sue, and his older brother (maybe, probably not). I did like how Shun was able to snap his friend, Katia out of the brainwashing and tried to take her own life to stop herself from being brainwashed again and potentially killing Shun. I like Feirune’s adult (?) form also.

I’m still confused about the time-skips.

Any scene with Kumoko in spider form is 15 years in the past, any scenes with Katia, Schaine, Fei, or Oka are present day
Apr 16, 2021 12:20 PM
Mar 2011
Overtorn said:
Sounds like manga will be the way to go for me, for this story

That would be a mistake. The original story is two-sided, not the "Shun is a side-story". Nope, he's "side-but-still-part-of-main story" and explains some things that anime failed to show properly. So, the novel is much better than both anime and manga. Anime is better as a story than manga. Manga is better at art.

Nunbo_Arbur said:
Also, what happened to the elves that wanted the vampire baby but died? Who killed them?

There was the spider monster in the same forest, that was aware of them. I mean, Kumo has clearly shown she's fine with killing humans if they are agressive or outlaws. Protecting another reincarnated person she's just saved would be as easy for her.
ArdRaeissApr 16, 2021 12:24 PM
Apr 16, 2021 12:30 PM

May 2015
Finally my girl Sophia is getting some screen time. That animation wasnt horrible, Ive seen much much worse but I have seen better. Oh well I dont care best vampire is here
billybubApr 16, 2021 12:55 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:02 PM
Apr 2017
calling this "anime" is hurting
Apr 16, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
The human side of the story is starting to get interesting with the betrayal and all. Honestly, Hugo is just annoying and a boring antagonist.
So Fei evolved. She looks great.

Kumoko jealously of the vampire baby was hilarious. There was no reaction from the humans who she saved. Though that's understandable since they are looking at monster.

Apr 16, 2021 1:17 PM
Feb 2021
LN reader here. this episode was so disappointing. This should have been great but the animation and shoddy editing ruined it. also skipped important scenes and dialogue. What a shame
Apr 16, 2021 1:25 PM
Nov 2016
I spoiled some of the story from Mr Google, cleared all of my confusion. Feel like the smartest kid in school now xD
Apr 16, 2021 1:28 PM
Nov 2018
The whole thing got very intriging now. But good lord... the human fights are always so badly done, honestly pretty much every part that doesn't involve the spider is badly done, weird frames all around.
Apr 16, 2021 1:34 PM
Apr 2021
Anyone else not interested in the human characters in the slighest?

Also what was with the animations in this episode, it was so terrible. I gave it a 2 simply because of the spider scenes.

Everything else gets a ZERO
Apr 16, 2021 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Awful episode. Terrible awful. The basis of animation are found dead
Apr 16, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2019
The animation and scene composition is beyond rescue at this point. As a LN reader, I hate how they executed the story. And as usual, none of the characters are interesting so far. I lost interest in Kumo since she acquired Height of Occultism. The humans are intentionally meh. The demons try too hard to look remotely intimidating.
I have only the story and twists as motivation to stay with this franchise...

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2021

140 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Jun 20, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

139 by Cissi168 »»
Jun 10, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

140 by Psicrom »»
May 26, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.