Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say, Shun is rather bold for trusting his allies for this so-called war. With such high stakes, I guess it makes sense for everyone to at least be on the same page.

Pretty interesting episode though as this anime seems to put a lot of faith into Shun and his abilities. Shun has really come a long way...
Jun 4, 2021 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
oh damnn the battle has finally begun! can't wait to see how this turns out...
Jun 4, 2021 6:46 AM
Jun 2020
spaesu said:
oh damnn the battle has finally begun! can't wait to see how this turns out...
we all know damn well how it turns out i mean the enemy has 4 OP CHEAT monster on their side while the good guys only have puny weak humans
Jun 4, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2019
Man... this was one hell of an episode. Sensei finally told everyone about their being reincarnations in this world. They're still missing some of their classmates, the ones they haven't encountered yet. One of them was Kusama who looked pretty strong.

The war broke out and it mainly stayed one-sided since Hugo and his allies being super strong against Sensei. She was the only one holding on her own until others butt in taking her down. Thanks to Shun's timely arrival at the battlefield, Sensei is safe for now.
Jun 4, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The class reunion of Shun's is going well (though OK from his view), and the impending big battle to face in an almost entire class effort against the rebels.

Filimos a.k.a Oka-sensei breaking the news to the other students about the reincarnation phase, and with her explanation of the elves' old story, the link between Administrators and elves is finally cleared in a long-awaited understanding: Hugo (Kengo) and Sophia (Shouko) working on the side of the Administrators, while the rest protect the sane elves, and those not accounted for may very well be liable as threats.

The first strike of Sajin (Kusama) on the elves' village, and Hugo leading the charge with his notorious powers grown stronger through hatred and greed, it sure took a lot of sacrifices to get there.

The 2nd showing between Shun and Hugo, anticipating a huge battle to come forth of that.
Jun 4, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty solid episode. The second half was so intense.
Jun 4, 2021 7:05 AM
Oct 2016
The episode title is spot on there is no Kumoko this episode. Not even a small scene of our favorite spider. Which makes sense considering how last week ended with Hugo, Sophia, and that army riding up to the elf forest. These past couple episodes have made me really feel for Oka as a character. I thought she was a badass for a while but I care about her a lot now. She's dealt with tremendous guilt regarding how shes tried and failed to save her students. It's really sad to see how awful Oka feels about herself right when Hugo is about to strike her down. Oka did give Shun and then some valuable information about the administrators using some of the reincarnated students to take over. I hope that Shun and Fei can best Hugo and Sophia in this battle.
Jun 4, 2021 7:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More explanations about the elves and the administrators and now it's time for the final battle, sure that it was really tense, especially how Shun defended Filimos against Hugo... too bad that the animation was AWFUL, I really felt like I was watching Ex Arm sometimes :x at least it doesn't really kill the enjoyment so it was still a good episode
Jun 4, 2021 7:13 AM
Feb 2021
Idk if it just me but I want Hugo to win and also it kinda sucks that we didn’t see kumoko this epi and also she ask her self like wut she did wrong why are the doing this like it her fault that this is happening to her like she took all the skills Hugo had which ofc would make him more mad then he already was so I don’t blame him if trying to kill oka
Jun 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Jan 2018
No Kumo = 2/5. The drawing of their faces are done lazily.
Jun 4, 2021 7:17 AM
Aug 2020
the animation downgraded imo. i still find the story great tho.
Jun 4, 2021 7:20 AM
Aug 2017
Millepensee's got a real knack for doing poor adaptations of really good source material.
Jun 4, 2021 7:22 AM
Jan 2018
Ashhk said:
More explanations about the elves and the administrators and now it's time for the final battle, sure that it was really tense, especially how Shun defended Filimos against Hugo... too bad that the animation was AWFUL, I really felt like I was watching Ex Arm sometimes :x at least it doesn't really kill the enjoyment so it was still a good episode

not quite, there's still
Jun 4, 2021 7:27 AM
Mar 2020
Im totally disappointed in this episode. The animation got worse than before and the faces of the other elves too. Not just that but i can clearly see non polished character designs during the battle. I'm just glad the story is what hook me in but the animation is seriously killing it.

I wonder what if the anime got into a high budget studio (Madhouse,Wit,A-1 etc.). This show could easily be top ranked for the current season.
Jun 4, 2021 7:28 AM

Oct 2017
An episode without Kumoko? Now that's a surprise but considering the events going on in this side of the story it makes sense why they focused solely on this side.

Things are looking pretty grim, Oka chan was great in this episode. I'm glad she killed Hasebe, that brainwashed bitch was annoying af. Also nice Shun vs Hugo rematch.
Jun 4, 2021 7:29 AM
Jan 2021
so I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this but if this is two different timelines (I say this because we have been with Kumoko since birth but the others only in school) than where is kumoko in the timeline with the battle?
Jun 4, 2021 7:30 AM

Feb 2014
TErrible animation, no kumo, a 1/10 for me
Jun 4, 2021 7:30 AM
Feb 2018
No kumoko = 1/5
-.-
Jun 4, 2021 7:37 AM
Dec 2017
Knowing the track of the studio of not giving a shit for the human side it would be funny to compare this battlefield with Kumoko's in the next episode.
Jun 4, 2021 7:40 AM
Nov 2020
I found an easy way to make this anime great, if there is human on screen, hold right arrow until spider appears. I speedran the shit out of this episode.
Jun 4, 2021 7:45 AM

Jan 2020
Well, better animation that the another episode, but still decent 2D

So no Kumoko, but already there are shown all the students there isn't?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jun 4, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
An episode only on the human side and no Kumoko. Well, at least the human side has gotten more interesting.

Honestly, I feel sorry for Oka-sensei. Shun, the real hero, appearing at the right time to save sensei.

Jun 4, 2021 8:03 AM
May 2018
Animation quality this episode
Jun 4, 2021 8:06 AM
Jan 2018
Tubstar said:
so I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this but if this is two different timelines (I say this because we have been with Kumoko since birth but the others only in school) than where is kumoko in the timeline with the battle?

she was there, don't worry :D

MegamiRem said:
An episode without Kumoko? Now that's a surprise but considering the events going on in this side of the story it makes sense why they focused solely on this side.

Things are looking pretty grim, Oka chan was great in this episode. I'm glad she killed Hasebe, that brainwashed bitch was annoying af. Also nice Shun vs Hugo rematch.

Jun 4, 2021 8:16 AM
Oct 2017
What's up with the animation, was it always this bad
Jun 4, 2021 8:19 AM
Apr 2021
Shun is annoying af hes such a baisc isekai mc
Jun 4, 2021 8:28 AM
Aug 2020
JosephDrybrough said:

good thing he’s not the mc
Jun 4, 2021 8:29 AM

Aug 2018
Tubstar said:
that’s good, that’s really, really good.
Jun 4, 2021 8:31 AM
Apr 2021
kilIhua said:
JosephDrybrough said:

good thing he’s not the mc
yeah he should honestly just die he doesnt even try to improve his skills or anything hes fucking useless
Jun 4, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
Lets goooo shun v Hugo finally, great ep but man the CGI battles today were ass, I’m sorry. If this gets a season 2, they need to give the animators time to be able to draw because that CGI Hugo v Sensei fight had me disoriented af. The story is finally reaching its peak and the truth of the administrators is finally out. Excited to see where we go from here
Jun 4, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2018
Don't really know what to say about the fights but the rest was pretty good. Teacher is down but it's time for Shun to shine. I loved the scene where the barrier broke down. Saw some good shit.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 4, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
Oh man, this pendejo (or princeso, male princess, as we call him in latam) really pisses me off, the author really gave him the bothering isekai protag profile, the guy who always does what thinks is right and always try to save everyone, job well done right there. For this episode the staff abused on the use of CG, I mean, was it necessary? I mean you could say it was OK for the soldiers fighting, but for Sophia standing behind Hugo? Oh boi... Oka-chan is doing a terrific job saving her students, way to go girl! Cannot wait for the fight next week, someone is going to get his ass kicked really bad, and we all know who that is.
el_morrisJun 4, 2021 8:46 AM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 4, 2021 8:44 AM
Jan 2018
SideCharacterKal said:
Don't really know what to say about the fights but the rest was pretty good. Teacher is down but it's time for Shun to shine. I loved the scene where the barrier broke down. Saw some good shit.

Jun 4, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
The ones defending the elves are basically people who can't really think for themselves or don't wish to get a clearer picture of the situation of the world at all. I'm not just saying this because of the *spoilers* but seriously, even without knowing the *spoilers*, one should be able to at least question this "war" that is going on right now. Without even knowing which side is good/bad, our stereotypical-isekai-male "hero" character just blindly trusts everything that everyone around had said thus far, without ever having any doubts or trying to find the truth himself. I guess the teacher is similar; despite saying "I don't completely believe in this old legend passed down from the elves" she more or less already formed a biased opinion choosing to mostly believe in it just because Administrators exist.

Why are the "hero" (LOL) and his merry band of friends even trying to defend the elves? In fact, they should have already been told by their classmates the various methods that the elves (and their teacher) used to abduct them when they were still infants, and that is only the crimes the elves had committed towards the reincarnators, not including other crimes unrelated to the reincarnators. If anything, without even confirming the situation, they should have taken an "everyone involved in this war is a bad guy" approach first and just focus on letting things play out between the two sides while focusing on protecting the classmates. Okay, I'm afraid I can't stop myself from talking about spoilers if I continue so I shall stop here.

Regarding the episode itself, the animation has really fallen to new lows with this one huh? The second half was more or less completely low quality CG. I seem to recall we are in a FOREST. A place called the FOREST of the Elves and not Desert of the Elves. It's so bad it ain't even funny. That last scene of the "hero" (LOL) appearing with that smug smile to fight against Hugo was funny though, as if he even stands a chance with Sophia there.
removed-userJun 4, 2021 8:55 AM
Jun 4, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
Probably the worst episode and most dislike after a while.
Jun 4, 2021 8:50 AM
Jun 2020
svet said:
The ones defending the elves are basically people who can't really think for themselves or don't wish to get a clearer picture of the situation of the world at all. I'm not just saying this because of the *spoilers* but seriously, even without knowing the *spoilers*, one should be able to at least question this "war" that is going on right now. Without even knowing which side is good/bad, our stereotypical-isekai-male "hero" character just blindly trusts everything that everyone around had said thus far, without ever having any doubts or trying to find the truth himself.

Why are the "hero" (LOL) and his merry friends even trying to defend the elves? In fact, they should have already been told by their classmates the various methods that the elves (and their teacher) used to abduct them when they were still infants, and that is only the crimes the elves had committed towards the reincarnators, not including other crimes unrelated to the reincarnators. If anything, without even confirming the situation, they should have taken an "everyone involved in this war is a bad guy" approach first and just focus on letting things play out between the two sides while focusing on protecting the classmates. Okay, I'm afraid I can't stop myself from talking about spoilers if I continue so I shall stop here.

Regarding the episode itself, the animation has really fallen to new lows with this one huh? The second half was more or less completely low quality CG. I seem to recall we are in a FOREST. A place called the FOREST of the Elves and not Desert of the Elves. It's so bad it ain't even funny. That last scene of the "hero" (LOL) appearing with that smug smile to fight against Hugo was funny though, as if he even stands a chance with Sophia there.
for me everyone in this war is bad besides all the reincarnations (
Jun 4, 2021 8:58 AM
Aug 2020
The story is still really good and interesting. BUT this episode was low effort in terms of animation, poor CGI and really low effort scenes I think it's a missed opportunity for the war to look good. maybe the studio is lossening up since it's near the end becasue at the start of the show it was really good
Jun 4, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
I tolerated it at first but the "animation" is starting to piss me off
removed-userJun 4, 2021 9:37 AM
Jun 4, 2021 9:42 AM
May 2011
An episode with nothing but the boring humans, this was painful to watch
Jun 4, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2019
Tubstar said:

My guess and the current leading theory of us anime only's is that she's 'white', or the chick working for the demon lord who killed Julius and poisoned the barrier.

Although I do expect her to betray Ariel at one point considering what the administrator said, and also the fact that she had her eyes closed and seemed to be almost psychologically sealed/imprisoned when we first saw her.

At first everyone thought Kumoko was Ariel/the demon lord bc of the abyss magic and the way she spoke, but then everyone decided she's probably White bc of Ariel's interactions with Kumoko.

However I have a crackbrained theory that Kumoko somehow might end up in Ariel's body and the demon lord war is her way of combatting the upcoming apocalypse, mainly based off of how (if i remember correctly) in one of the early eps Ariel referred to Oka as sensei or mentioned she was a reincarnation or something like that, plus her mannerisms were similar to Kumoko.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 4, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
This was where the human timeline was supposed to be getting to a critical point. The importance of which warrants it getting a full episode. But despite this, they stuck with the same lazy, ugly and static animation as they've previously used for human sections.
The very first scene feels like a few in-betweens are missing while Shun's shaking water off his face, there is a complete lack of appropriate facial expressions for multiple scenes, they decide to mix the 2D and 3D animation to completely disconnect the viewer from what is actually happening on-screen, and then they even leave a completely pixelated Sensei for one scene.
This is giving off a rather rushed vibe where someone in the mangament side of the studio has seriously messed up and as a result we got an unpolished mess.
Jun 4, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
Horrible CGI in a major battle and the old hero cliché arriving just in time. 1/5
Jun 4, 2021 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
Not a single line by Kumoko, what a sad spider Friday.
Jun 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Jan 2014
the CGI is so horrible, and no Kumoko. what a letdown episode. Boring human side, Kumoko should have just show up and tell them who's the boss.
Jun 4, 2021 10:04 AM
May 2015
They really did good in episode 19 and 20, so what happened this episode? really bad action direction and the zooms was very noticeable. the editing was subpar to simply a mess. they ruined the war scenes with this and on the light novels it was really cool I am very sad

if there was a second season just change this studio please to a much competent one
Jun 4, 2021 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
And students previously distressed for being imprisoned by Oka decide to switch sides and help their captors. Stockholm syndrome kicks in very fast, or Oka's Mary Sue Love Me field started to work again. Or kids that are adventurers in this life are used to change sides every time another side gives them a better offer, which would believable for mercenaries, but still, they aren't shown being paid for this. Still, I would be amused if they stabbed Oka in the back.

I am disappointed humans aren't going to die.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 4, 2021 10:11 AM

Jan 2021
The ninja guy managed to be more interesting than the Human Hero already.
Jun 4, 2021 10:24 AM

Sep 2019
Otaku_Fairy said:
What's up with the animation, was it always this bad
It always has been very bad but some episodes were even worse, this was one of them

everything about this episode was just... lame
Jun 4, 2021 10:31 AM
Mar 2016
I want to cry, it was so bad.
Jun 4, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Even in context of the story, I honestly don't like Hugo lol. Seems like a spoiled child who didn't get his way in this case.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.