Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2021 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yikes, the way humans deal with demons in this show....not exactly the best approach.

In the meantime, Kumoko runs into humans on the surface world and resulted in some rather awkward but funny moments. Being a spider is not easy!
Apr 16, 2021 6:21 AM
Sep 2016
Our favorite baby finally appeared. Lets see how far tge human side goes this episode.
Apr 16, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
LELS the Sentai pose of Kumoko's other brain-brawns while the main spider herself goes to seek out more of the outside world.

The human side that's dreadful, Kumoko spares no pleasantries for being a monster, but even against her "humanity", she helps with fending off bandits and elves while giving off some comedy vibes...to a reincarnated baby vampire. Oh the reincarnation bias.

Yikes, Shun gets himself in trouble with the Demon Lord's rebellion penetrating the Kingdom from within...still living in denial about the entire situation. Once again, pinpoint the ludicrous scheme on the Church, and get the others out, safe and sound from the brainwashing of Hugo. It's time that Shun faces the music and the impending reality with the rest who are still conscious, because things are looking more grim, and the people to trust is getting less.

Animation this time seems wishy-washy, a flush with lots of lost focus, especially on the action side.

Hope things improve from here on out,
Apr 16, 2021 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
Schlain's side of the story became a complete mess in just one episode. Guess Schlain's party will join Kumoko now. Also it's confirmed now that the Demon Lord is also a reincarnate.
Apr 16, 2021 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
The animation quality took a huge nose dive in this episode?
Apr 16, 2021 7:06 AM
Oct 2016
Not much with Kumoko this episode instead opting to focus heavily on the human characters timeline. The small scene we got with Kumoko did connect heavily to the majority of this episode. Her saving that little vampire baby whom after seeing her name we know was Sophia. Someone that in the later human timeline is a major problem for Oka and Shun. Basically making the magic, which Oka is strongest at, not the least effective. Hugo and Cylis over throwing the kingdom those guys are horrible. Hugo brainwashing Sue and Katia from when we saw him waiting in that room they walked into some episodes back. Sue just straight up blasting the king sent this episode on the crazy ride it was. Our heroes on the run now with some dangerous enemies right on their trail. All these reincarnations running into each other can't be coincidence. Many having connections with the later timeline demon Lord.
Apr 16, 2021 7:06 AM

Jan 2021
The animation was much worse this Episode.

The story though, became much more interesting.
Apr 16, 2021 7:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kumoko complaining over her spider condition compared to that vampire girl, that was hilarious xD.
Hugo and the others are frustrating me so much, I hope they'll be able to take their revenge against them.
Fei at the end wow?! Things are getting tenser and tenser, and more interesting, great episode.
Apr 16, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Glordit said:
Altter said:

Yes it did, some parts were basically slide shows. Reminded me of this studio's previous anime (Cop Craft) lol. Thou yeah story became much more intriguing.
Apr 16, 2021 7:10 AM
Sep 2020
2nd half animation on the human side is so worse!
Apr 16, 2021 7:11 AM

Jun 2009
Yea, animation is kinda jank this time around - but i am willing to let it slide for now. here's hope it does not becomes a trend. Still some good story progression all round.
Apr 16, 2021 7:11 AM
Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
Glordit said:
Altter said:

Yes it did, some parts were basically slide shows. Reminded me of this studio's previous anime (Cop Craft) lol. Thou yeah story became much more intriguing.

If unable to enjoy the animation what is the use of intriguing story
Apr 16, 2021 7:12 AM
Nov 2020
They shit their pants with the animation this episode.

The animation wasn't consistent, and it looked pretty janky. The Kumo moments and the whole eroge comparison were funny, but the whole human didn't have any edgy scene. At least Kumo killed her clan and was pretty fine with that. Our human protag has difficulty killing one person.

But, The dragon design looked like shit too, like at least make a dual shaded dragon. So, That I can see every single scale, but no, it looked like one big turd of white paint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2018
The animation went straight downhill this episode. Way too many badly animated fighting scenes, as it seems... that's sad, because the story is picking up the pace right now, and with some better animation, that could've been great :(

Kumoko saved Sophia from both humans and elves, but in the present time, Sophia is killing people like it is nothing and is working for the (reincarnated) demon lord. What must have happened to both?

Jun 2014
Loved the transition of her appearance from her pov and the human's pov. Sentai Kumo pose was hillarious and I think Shun is ready to become the Shield hero now with all the betrayals.
Apr 16, 2021 7:13 AM
May 2020
the episode was extremely interesting and the plot progression is good
but that animation was so bad, everything SCREAMED low budget

- missing scenes
- majority of the fight being still frames
- 3d mixing with 2d

I'm trying to convince myself to give this show an 8/10 because I really enjoy it, but whenever a 2d fight scene occurs it puts me off completely

Apr 16, 2021 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
Here I was, laughing at how Kumoko is reacting during her scene after saving them, compared to how what they see, since they'd see her as the monster spider she is, and just doing that, but then the human side started happening and it was just one big oof.

Good stuff.
Apr 16, 2021 7:19 AM

Jun 2012
The entire episodes budget went into those scenes with Kumuko saving that family.
GlorditApr 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Apr 16, 2021 7:20 AM
Dec 2017
Maybe they are saving time for some bigger and more complicated scenes.
Apr 16, 2021 7:25 AM
Jun 2014
this episode of Kumo is actually making me dizzy lol. The animation is so bad, I've had a bit of motion sickness from watching it.. what a shame, though the plot is really good tbh for this episode. the sound effect too somehow doesn't sync at all at some parts
Apr 16, 2021 7:29 AM

Feb 2019
I think I FINALLY got the split narrative set up figured out. So kumoko is in the past, the humans are substantially in the future. Sophia who saved Schlain was the baby so it all adds up now.

The human plot lines are really getting interesting. I think Hugo on his own is a pretty bland antagonist, but the people who are manipulating him are the real interesting bit.

Also was it me or was the animation during Sue killing her father/Schlain fighting the guards absolutely garbage? It looked like a PowerPoint for a bit. I’m hoping that’s just a one off and next episodes have much better quality.
Apr 16, 2021 7:31 AM

Sep 2019
Taketatsu Ayana voiced a big tits vampire, hearing her voice was good. The episode was good and I'm liking the story but the animation was so bad lol, especially at the moment when Sophia cut someone's head off.
Apr 16, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2019
They spent all the animation budget on fei flying.
Apr 16, 2021 7:40 AM

Mar 2019
Sophia best girl, that is all I want to say.

Apr 16, 2021 7:41 AM

Jul 2020
the "present" arc is so boring. I just like Kumuko scenes
Apr 16, 2021 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
Ok so the Human Story is finally going somewhere, there is actual conflict and we are seeing how all the characters really tie in with one another. I wish there were more spider scenes. The animation in parts of this episode was....
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Apr 16, 2021 7:54 AM
Dec 2018
Shun- Why is all of this happening?
Me- Same, man. Same.

The monster side of the story keeps on getting more and more interesting while the human side is just bleh!

The animation is just so bad. I want to cry because the story is so good. If only someone like Orange or A-1 Pictures or the gift that keeps on giving, MAPPA could have animated this. But oh well, what happened, happened.

Kumoko is legit one of the best female(if she could be called that) Isekai MC ever. She just keeps proving that every episode.

But the other side, the humans or the "goodies", they are just boring. Schlain is like the most generic Isekai "main character" ever. Fei seems to be the only likeable character on the "good" side, the rest are all the just meh.
Even Hugo, who's supposed to be a bad guy, is totally generic. Oka(even though she's not human) is just irritating. Her dialogues, her moves everything is just irritating. But I'm most curious about Katia, because she used to be a guy in the real world but now he's a girl. Are people gonna ship Schlain and Katia? lmao that'd be hilarious!!

But oh well, the humans won't pop up next week so it's alright. Mother(aka Muhzaahh) vs Kumoko seems to be the endgame of this season and I'm totally hyped for it.
Apr 16, 2021 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
The first half was actually entertaining. I loved how we saw Kumoko in both her Kawaii and Normal form, but like rolling around in her Normal form when the Humans were watching her, I actually thought that was quite hilarious.

The human side was weird. There is a lot going on with little answers at this time. Hugo teams up with a Vampire who is a reincarnation who works for the Demon Lord. They wanted Potimas dead, which they succeeded in doing. Now however I have to wonder who exactly are the bad guys. Are we going to have another story where the Kingdom were actually evil and corrupt this entire time?
I mean Hugo out for revenge doesn't help this Theory but I still would like to know the main goal of this series.

Another reason I thought the second half was bad was the fight scenes. My god they were animated HORRIBLY. You don't even see Katia get stabbed or any of the swords connect or get cut. It just seemed severely rushed and poorly done.

Things are starting to move now which is good and seeing Kumoko outside is good to see. Damn though she ate those Humans??? I guess it makes sense but that would have been an experience I would have liked to seen.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2021 8:02 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Ngl, the human side of the story is really growing on me. Perhaps because I enjoy rebellion stories ig.

Others have mentioned the drop in animation in this episode, and I do have to agree, although it isn't the end of the world for me.
Apr 16, 2021 8:04 AM
Jan 2016
Holy... I like the story, really. But this episode's animation quality was so damn bad that it almost physically hurt to watch it! The action scenes were a clusterfuck of bad animations, stills, rapid cuts: Just a stuttering mess..
Apr 16, 2021 8:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I guess banditry is a common factor no matter which world you're in. Kumoko's entry into the fight though sure was fun as was her imagination of being the hero that save the damsel in distress. Back in the human realm Schlain's father sure had a cruel fate assassinated by his own family. Sophia stepping in and ignoring Hugo's commands though was amusing. At least not all of Schlain's bros are traitors though. But the conspiracy that Hugo created with his brainwashing really is making quite the mess. Is impressive that Katia managed to resist the brainwashing if only briefly though. Though their stand against the enemy almost succeeded Sophia sure put an end to that in a speedy fashion. Feirune's new form really was something though. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in showing Kumoko's brief entry into the spotlight as a hero also did well at showing the first crisis for Schlain in the form of Hugo's coup that served to shatter the sense of peace that had been a part of his life for so long. While its nice to see Sophia finally see some action after we saw her last it seems Ariel has some grand plans for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2021 8:32 AM
Dec 2017
juniorrrbello said:
the episode was extremely interesting and the plot progression is good
but that animation was so bad, everything SCREAMED low budget

- missing scenes
- majority of the fight being still frames
- 3d mixing with 2d

I'm trying to convince myself to give this show an 8/10 because I really enjoy it, but whenever a 2d fight scene occurs it puts me off completely

I bet that the studio will re-use the 3D soldiers for Kumoko later. Their quality was way higher than what the human side usually gets in 3D assets (fucking earth wyvern.
Apr 16, 2021 8:37 AM
Aug 2017
I wonder where Kumoko is at in the present? I've come to like the past and present being shown at the same time, and how they are being connected.
Apr 16, 2021 8:38 AM
Dec 2017
Chief Animator: Sir, we don't have enough time to animate this episode properly, in which side we should focus.

Director: Everything to the spider!!!!

hahaha love how the studio itself doesn't fucking care about the human side.
I think this is a good example of one of the good points of the 3D. It's consistency, once a 3D models is done it'll look the same throught the whole series.
linkhuesitosApr 16, 2021 8:45 AM
Apr 16, 2021 8:48 AM
Apr 16, 2021 8:49 AM

Feb 2020
This episode deserved better care/animation.

*sigh* we've got what we've got.
Apr 16, 2021 8:49 AM
Mar 2020
I really didn't care for the human side story in this episode. All I can say is it had too little of Kumoko.
The anime is definitely not following the manga timeline, doing a good job of keeping a manga only reader like me guessing.
Apr 16, 2021 8:55 AM

May 2015
MegamiRem said:
Schlain's side of the story became a complete mess in just one episode. Guess Schlain's party will join Kumoko now. Also it's confirmed now that the Demon Lord is also a reincarnate.

Apr 16, 2021 9:01 AM
Nov 2019
It looked like some of the animators from Ex-Arm just jointed the crew on the human side of the story - the human fights were so janky...

So Kumoko prevented the alleged "bandits" and the band of Elves from obtaining the vampire baby - has she done a "butterfly effect" and majorly changed events in the future?

I want more spider and less badly animated humans.
Apr 16, 2021 9:06 AM

Oct 2020
The animation was really rough on this one. The fight scenes were absolutely terrible. Katia randomly killing herself to save everyone was awfully thought out. I mean, really? Our main spider scenes were still nice I guess.

2/5

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 16, 2021 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
billybub said:

Apr 16, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2020
Schlain is forced to escape from the castle with some trusted allies. Guess they'll be on the run for a while.

Apr 16, 2021 9:29 AM
Jan 2021
Anyone know where i start reading from?
Apr 16, 2021 9:31 AM
May 2011
The human side is already boring as it is, but the dreadful action animation made it even worse, wow
Apr 16, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
Human part got a little interesting at last, but that animation was just horrible. With so many stills I'm not sure it can be called animation anymore.
At least first part with spider was really good.

I'm getting impatient tho. I wish we already got some major reveals and not more hints and baits.
Apr 16, 2021 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
It is a shame something finally happened on the human side besides info dump and exposition and we got a disorienting slide show, at least the budget went where it matter with Kumoko's side.

It is great to see how much she has embraced her monster side lol, even actively wanting to eat handsome humans, much better than Rimuru embracing its slime side, most of it's development is that basically it doesn't cry anymore.
Apr 16, 2021 9:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
When the human side look very promising this time. But, then, holy crap, what happened at the human part animation? Its looks very off, unfortunately. Idk, the Kumoko also so bad too. At least its still Kumoko skits, so its fine. But why the human part? Kek.

So, Negishi was truly that vampire demon race whose get a partnership with Hugo with his new brainwash skill and rekt Shun kingdom together with that shitty plan. Rip his king and beloved imouto. I thought Katia also listed in the death list. However, somehow, some blessing arrived to save him her. Hero power? Then holy shit, my previous wish become true when the white dragon arrive. Yeah!

Its a mess for sure. By looking at those different timelines, i can't help but confused af. Oka and Negishi relations surely get no good situations from the beginning, with those kind of revelations, its an understandable reaction from both of them. But, how about demon lord, Kumoko, and Negishi relations. I may have a temporary guess with the help of op spoiler, that Kumoko got defeated by the demon lord, somehow, and become her subordinate, together with Negishi. By looking at how Kumoko saved Negishi in the beginning, its make a sense that the demon lord chose Kumoko too. But, whatever exactly happened, idk. Demon lord identity? Also still blank. So, yeah, lets continued again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 16, 2021 9:37 AM
May 2018
Sophia deadass made microwave noises while running. What the fuck
Apr 16, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 2020
Decent episode. The human part got a little more interesting.
Apr 16, 2021 9:40 AM
Dec 2020
I'm sorry but I had to give 1 for this episode. Look how they massacred by boy...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Today, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 15, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.