Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 2, 2021 5:56 PM

Jun 2020
I'm somewhere between 1 and 3. I hope I never get to 5.
Jan 2, 2021 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Level 5
I'm in a figure collecting Discord with other level 5 users that collect anime merchandise. When I'm trying to sell most of mine to make more space.

But...I think there's something flawed about Mal's counting of anime:
In actuality, I watched 182 franchises. Since Mal counts movies, music videos, OVAs, and specials as 1 entry. If you watch everything for Pokemon and Digimon you have a huge list.
removed-userJan 2, 2021 6:38 PM
Jan 2, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2015
When it comes to WC explerince zero.

When it comes to adaption, high.

Jan 2, 2021 6:32 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like manga shouldn't be in this equation, because that makes it seem like you have to be more weeb to actually consume manga. With your metric, I was about level 0 when I started reading manga.
Jan 2, 2021 6:33 PM

Aug 2019
I'm level 3, i watch anime, obsessed with waifu's, check staff of anime's, read manga and have few figures of my favorite waifus
Jan 2, 2021 6:46 PM

Jul 2020
From your description per level, I'm between level 2 and 3 since I haven't finished atleast 1 visual novel. Started, yes. But finished, no.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 2, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2016
Three is the best I can do. If only I tried harder.
Jan 2, 2021 9:33 PM

May 2009
Level 1: I am a didicated anime watcher, I may have an anime profile
Level 2: I've watched so many, I may participate in anime debates, and I only watch in subs
Level 3: I am an expert in my field, I research about staff and read fandom wiki articles, I may read manga, VNs, or LNs
Level 4: I collect few physical merchandise like anime discs, manga, Japan is the superior country, I have a fair knowledge about Japanese culture & history, my Japanese is decent
Somewhere between these.

I definitely do not love Japan enough to be considered an actual weeaboo, and I definitely don't know much Japanese (more than the average layperson in my country, only because I've just picked up a few phrases here and there from watching anime and listening to songs), and even less about culture/history.

I don't pay attention to all the staff, but I do know a bit too much about some of the shows I've watched, particularly the soundtracks and who wrote them, and a large majority of the non-classical music I listen to is of Japanese origin, including a huge variety of anime theme songs, among which I have a long list of favorites.

I do have some interest in VNs and LNs, though not manga. Also I've bought some merch. Mainly CDs.

Also I regularly watch dubs and enjoy them unapologetically.
GlennMagusHarveyJan 2, 2021 9:37 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 2, 2021 10:02 PM

Jun 2020
A mix of level 3 and 4, I have all aspects of level 3 and level 4 except that "My Japanese is decent" part

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 2, 2021 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Uh, I'm kinda all over the place. I honestly don't watch that much anime (two episodes a day unless I have something else to do... "not anime but may as well be" games on the other hand, are a completely different story, they're all I play) and I don't worship Japan but I have a metric fuckton of merch, a body pillow, and consider myself quite knowledgeable about the history of the medium and fandom.
Jan 2, 2021 10:57 PM

Sep 2013
Maybe I'm at level 1, and I don't think I can go any further than that.
Jan 2, 2021 11:02 PM

Feb 2019
YuNa2k1 said:
Level 2.5: I watch many anime, I did very little research on the staffs, I read very little manga, I read fandom wiki articles, but I never watch dub. Always sub.

Same
I'm lazy to write the same so i just quoted this
Jan 2, 2021 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
I'm level 1 baby! My profile is so anime right now but I have infused it with my real self.

I love to watch dubbed watching subbed is really annoying because then I can't do anything else at the same time.

I have merch aswell. Two dakimakura and about 65 scale figures and a few other bits like a No Face painting.

Jan 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Oct 2019
Mix of 2 and 3. By no means am I an expert of this stuff.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 2, 2021 11:14 PM
Apr 2020
I'm prolly at level 2.5 except I watch both dubs and subs
Jan 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Sep 2007
I'm a mix of 1 and 2, have watched dubs and usually do some research in anime that I may be interested in.
Jan 3, 2021 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
3.5 I guess? I voted 3 anyway.

I'm no expert but I do look at the staff members on MAL, I don't read wikis but Manga and VNs yes.

I have a bit of knowledge of japanese culture and history but not much, I only have Medaka Box mangas and a plushie of Hirasawa Yui.

Japan has both merits and demerits like any other country, would like to visit but I'd pass living there.
My japanese is decent enough to make fansubs and translate most phrases by hearing, though I cannot read kanjis and I'd probably suck hard in a conversation.

Oh I also miss a couple of previous points, like watching only subs and debating about animes as I don't really like it.
Jan 3, 2021 2:37 AM

May 2019
Actually the TC did a good set of options to classify the anime community.
Jan 3, 2021 3:31 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I'd say level 2, but I do also read some manga. And I have a few merch.
Jan 3, 2021 3:33 AM

Jan 2020
Level 5.5 : you have sold ur soul to anime , but you are broke to have anime merch , so u become delusional and addicted to hentai and u can't live without jerking off to anime girl. Japanese language was too complex so u become a plastic paddy to replace ur wapanese identity
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jan 3, 2021 3:40 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
A mixture of various factors from all levels...

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jan 3, 2021 3:48 AM

Feb 2019
4 I guess, creeping towards a 5. pretty close to a 5 actually
I got a cheapish carbon steel kirito sword and 5 figures of shinobu alone + framed picture so im pretty much there.
Jan 3, 2021 4:13 AM

Aug 2018
I'm no expert, but do things as in 3rd level, I guess.. You don't have to be that big of a weeb to do that, though.. I remember that I read VNs and a bit of manga even at the start.. Nowadays, after some years I'm in anime culture - I even do that less, to be honest.. But I'm certainly more weeb than in those times, preferring stuff to be more anime like, and other things.. So I'd say that it can very vary on the experience of a person, really.. It's how it is with religion, I guess.. Yeah - maybe reading and researching a lot can make you look more religious.. But there are very religious persons, who don't do that, to be honest.. A lot of time it's also not in every possible direction.. Like, you can only spend all your time in anime, and really watch it like 12 hours per day, or something.. But not do anything else.. As well as you can just participate all your time in studying only Bible, or involving in your local religious community.. But don't research about apostles, or about papacy, or inquisition, or many other things..
Jan 3, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2010
between 2 and 3 but I enjoy dubs too, come on, danganronpa dub is top peak scripting and acting
Jan 3, 2021 7:43 AM
Jun 2020
Level three... barely.

Watch only anime lately, and a lot of it. Watch only subs.
Participate in forums (here) and social media (reddit) but I don't believe in online friendship.
Read manga rarely (but not exclusively, I also read proper literature).
Have visited wikis of shows I have previously put on hold for a long time, in order to refresh my memory of them when I wanted to continue from where I left off.
Have played one visual novel (Fate/Stay Night), got bored pretty quick.
Have not read any light novels, neither am I interested in them. I consider them even worse than western Young Adult fiction, which is pretty shitty too.
Do not collect any merchandise either. But I do miss the Kinnikuman bootleg figurines that I had when I was a kid without knowing what they were. That's more about nostalgia though...
I think Japan is an interesting country, I like the language, the culture, the cuisine and their classic cinema (besides anime). I dislike their music though and most of its modern cinema. If it was not for anime though, I would have known Japan only for its cinema.

Jan 3, 2021 7:50 AM

May 2019
I am a level 2 right now. Will never get past 3 in my opinion.
Jan 3, 2021 7:54 AM

Jan 2018
I would fall somewhere between 3 and 4, closer to three but I do collect some merch, physical manga and anime
Jan 3, 2021 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
Somewhere between level 3 and 4 and I'm not happy about it.
Jan 3, 2021 10:29 AM

May 2008
Pretty crappy scale. You don't need to know Japanese or even be that high up to collect "a few" merch. Plus, I hit at least one item on every single level.

So guess I'm a level 5, except I don't think I'm "Japanese" and don't sleep with my dakimakuras. I hang that shit up.
Jan 3, 2021 10:43 AM
May 2019
I'm mix of Level 1,2 and 3, I have anime profile picture, I have watched many animes, I watch animes in subs only and I read mangas and light novels as well
Jan 3, 2021 10:45 AM
Dec 2020
I am a mixture of Level 0, 1, 2 and 4. I don't mind dubs, mainly watch in subs, know Japanese culture, and haven't watched a lot of animes. I have been into anime for 2/3 months.
Jan 3, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
But what if I don't give a shit about watching 90% of what has come out since 2009, but I occasionally buy figures for up to $150 per character, creates plenty of fanart representing my favorite shows, occasionally edits AMVs, and has been here for over eleven years?

Jan 3, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2013
I hardly watch anime anymore, but I love manga, VNs, and I'm getting into LNs. So what is it, a 3? I guess it's a 3.
Jan 3, 2021 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Hard to believe I am only level 1. Good thing.
Jan 3, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2008
I'm a mix of 2 and 3 and 4
I prefer subs, I own some merchandise, I read wiki and Manga and know a little about Japan and it's culture. But not enough to be proficient or an expert
UberBatJan 3, 2021 11:35 AM
Jan 3, 2021 1:18 PM

Aug 2017
I'm a mix of Level 3 and 4 lol.

-I have a fair knowledge about Japanese culture & history
-Japan is the superior country (at least compared to all Latin America)
-I am an expert in my field, I research about staff and read fandom wiki articles, I may read manga, VNs, or LNs

I'm planning to buy a body pillow this year.
NurguburuJan 3, 2021 2:05 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 3, 2021 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
Level 5 is the closest because I collect and buy a lot of stuff but without the thinking Japan is superior and identifying as Japanese part. Though when a certain individual and his cronies sets the bar so low that it's subterranean, many countries were superior.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 3, 2021 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Level 3 and 4-? idk
i dont say japan is the superior country and i like my country but i do consume a large ammount of stuff from there
I gather some merch ofc
And as a metalhead, i also dig the doujin metal and other type of doujin music, games, mangas and so on(most stuff is touhou related btw)
removed-userJan 3, 2021 2:06 PM
Jan 3, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2007
I'd say level 4, though I don't collect much non-disc/book merchandise, I watch anime in both English and Japanese, and I only think Japan is a superior country because my own country is a neo-feudalist failed state.

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Jan 3, 2021 2:38 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
I am at 3.5 perhaps. Sadly I can't afford the merch :(
Jan 3, 2021 5:10 PM

Feb 2017
I'm not sure on which level I could fit in...
-I DO have an anime profile in certain pages (FB, for example)

-I read manga, (Usually I don't, since it's so bothersome to read it... And I only read those from anime's that I love them so much...)

-I usually don't care about which studio made the anime, I don't see any differences between them...

-Since I live in Mexico (in a place forgotten by God) there are not so much anime/manga merchandising being sold around, (aside from the most popular trash, like One Piece, Naruto...) I just have a couple of manga chapters, books about how to draw manga (don't know if it counts), a Saint Seiya official figure, and some official Yu-Gi-Oh! cards from my childhood... (I wish I could had a well-made Morrigan Aensland figure (; ̄Д ̄))

-I don't read visual novels or light novels... It's so bothersome...

-I usually watch anime dubbed, sometimes, LA dubbing adds more spirit and fun to the anime, and some voices fit better than the original ones... But the rest, yep, I don't mind wiatching it subbed...

-Being in anime debates... I only throw my opinion ocasionally... But I tend to bully those JoJo's fanboys. They're so goddamn toxic...

-Yep, I dream of one day go to Japan, but I don't think about it as a "superior country"or the "homeland of the weebs" I think it would be cool to visit it someday (and yes... go to Akiba and Nakano for some cool stuff!!!)

-No, I don't have a dakimakura (anime printed pillowcase) That's way too creepy...

You may tell me my weeb-level... Maybe I'm level 2 or 3 maybe...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jan 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Mar 2016
Level 3, pretty much describes me..

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 3, 2021 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
Definitely a mix 3 and 2 with a little bit of 4

beep boop bop pow
Jan 3, 2021 5:47 PM

Jul 2019
On my way to level 4 but I don’t think Japan is superior country.It is only one of the countries that gave me good stuff,so I voted for level 3
Jan 3, 2021 6:54 PM

Jul 2019
I do some things in level 2 and 3 but I don't read manga or engage in anime debates. I like visual novels. Don't know what that makes me.
Jan 3, 2021 7:11 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Level 0: I'm just interest and casually watch few anime, I mayn't mind dubs
Level 1: I am a didicated anime watcher, I may have an anime profile
Level 2: I've watched so many, I may participate in anime debates, and I only watch in subs
Level 3: I am an expert in my field, I research about staff and read fandom wiki articles, I may read manga, VNs, or LNs
Level 4: I collect few physical merchandise like anime discs, manga, Japan is the superior country, I have a fair knowledge about Japanese culture & history, my Japanese is decent
Level 5: I am obsessed with Japan that I think I am "Japanese", I have a huge anime-related collection; including katana swords and figures, I sleep with my waifu/husbandu (body pillow).

I would say that I am in between level 3 and 4. I do occasionally watch dubs though, and while I do know some Japanese and Japanese culture, I don't really have the crazy amount of favoritism over Japan as indicated in the descriptions for levels 4 and 5. My anime and manga collections aren't super huge, but I do have some physical merch like two or three figures and some artbooks. I guess I'll pick level 4 even though it's more like a level 3.6 for me.
Jan 3, 2021 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
Level 2 for the usual and level 3 for the franchises I'm more obsessed with, but I'm kind of not a fan of the following levels being just a Japan-glorifying zealot, which one could be even at level 0. It's not like the only way to progress is becoming a cringey stereotypical weeb.
Jan 3, 2021 9:51 PM
Jun 2020
I'm level 3. I always use the fandom wiki articles when I'm about to read the description of the character, their relationships, and pretty much everything I need to know about them. I don't read LN and VN, but I also don't just watch sub anime,
Jan 3, 2021 10:21 PM

Oct 2015
Level 3 sounds about right for me. Although I watch both dub and sub, so me not passing level two's requirements may leave me at a 2.5 really.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 6 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

71 by Technopunk »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

93 by Technopunk »»
10 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

16 by Serafos »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?

Xypheron - Yesterday

39 by Dumb »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.