Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 2, 2016 2:53 AM
Jan 2009
ixarising said:
ichii_1 said:

1. the idiots in the empire will be replaced that's point of losing the war land losing a war is not automatically being conquered maybe they'll give up some land or sign treaties but the empire will still have enough power to keep Kioka in check while her inner leadership cleanup is underway.
The tech gap won't get big enough to overwhelm them.
2. perhaps, but as long as hime is the empress she will not allow a full kioka takeover, eventually she will retake her land.

1. Still it's not possible to remove all the idiots on the top, especially with the corruption issue in the empire. Politicians for one wouldn't allow people like Ikta to reach the top so easily. Keep in check for how long? Kioka has already created long range cannon, while the empire is only starting to change from gun to sword. 1-2 years might be okay, but if the empire takes 5-6 years to clear up all the mess, the technological difference might be an issue by then already.
2. If Kioka removes the royalty system completely, Chamille would be powerless. In war, it's not uncommon for the victor to force the royalty of the enemy nation into submission.

Also the success of Chamille's plan depends mainly on Ikta's success. If Ikta fails to reach the top, then what would she do? What if Ikta dies in one of the upcoming war? What if Ikta dies from disease? All this factors isn't in her planning. Her ideology is good and all, but her method is without a doubt shaky. She needs to gather more people who can support and accomplish her ideology instead of just leaving everything to Ikta.

The scene is the adaptation of the 1st Light Novel Epilogue and it is... lacking to put it bluntly.
Most of the discussion was entirely cut away, I would suggest to try and read it in the novel (you can find an english translation of LN1 looking around).

If you don't want to read the entire scene at least base it on this summary, where i tried to convey the most important points.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1542711&show=50#msg47357804

Short version of the missing points:
- Ikta and the princess agree that there is no saving the empire without drastic measures: it is an inevitable that the Kiorka republic WILL win an incoming war
- At the death of the current emperor there will be a succession crisis and a civil war will erupt. When this will happen Kiorka will definitely intervene ad crush the empire.
- At the same time the factions in the political cabinet are preparing themselves for this civil war, they need capable officiers and will put them in key position of the military waiting for the death of the emperor so it is now or never for young officiers trying to climb the ranks fast.
- Chamille absolutely hates the imperial family and lived in Kiorka as a political hostage for most of her life, she has no problem with the Empire ending as a government form, she just want Katjvarna to survive as a nation.

As a side note it is true that she is putting her faith only into Ikta, but what she is asking is:
- A betrayal of the empire. Most loyal subject would never accept it (starting with Yatori).
- A political and military career suicide, very few people would comply.
So she needed someone like Ikta with his skill and his personal hate of soldiers, nobles and heroes. Other wouldn't fit the role.

So Ikta is literally the only horse she could bet on.
Dark_KainOct 2, 2016 3:14 AM
Oct 2, 2016 4:16 AM

Apr 2016

thank you again for explaining these many things, my point though was that some war situations can soil the image of a hero, a thing that can happen in real war but something you probably won't experience in an anime (1) and that's here sadly again the case. again for instance in point 3, symbolically there's a huge difference between a hero who lets die some nameless comrades and a hero who lets die a friend. Anime watchers won't (want to) relate as easily with the kind of hero in the second case. That's why the writer might protect the MCs to fall in some morally problematic situations and "realism" then loses some points.

(1) in eureka 7,
Ysad_ZiwezhanOct 2, 2016 4:20 AM
Oct 2, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
CrazyFrogz said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Solork is such an awful name, noticed it after the princess started yelling.

His real name is Ikta Sankrei. Episode 5
I know, but hearing Solork that many times in a row really made me frustrated xD
Oct 2, 2016 8:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well that was a rather intense final episode
The enemy strategist was every bit Solok's equal and was a most worthy adversary

Using the obvious ambush to hold the enemy while attacking from another direction
damn thats such an advanced strategy

That negotiation scene though was tense but im glad that Solok stuck to his orders

Can't believe that the bluff about the sniper was not real lol

But in the end Soloks forces manage to hold the enemy and retreat successfully
But i have a feeling that the two strategists will meet again

Im glad that none of the main characters actually died
Lol the princess being so worried about ikkta though
and that flying leap lol

And im glad that general got what he deserved
a demotion and an execution. I hope that he dies in the most painful way possible
considering how many good soldiers died because of his stupid ego. Especially Cana.

wow never thought the princess wanted the empire to lose
the war so that the empire can change

Hell of an ending and hope that there will be a season 2 as the last scene points to

losing the war though will put him at odds with Yatori and though she doesn't want to she will have to kill Ikta as per her duties if he does that. Thats something that neither wishes though as they have a good relationship now

Overall a great episode that had a mix of intrigue, creative bluffs and character development

Hope there will be another season that uses the same seiyuu's as they acted out their characters excellently especially Yatori who was portrayed by the excellent Risa Taneda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
Woah, That's one intense and a good finale as well.
Well, if there's a chance of a be a sequel, I'm gonna watch it.
Anyway. I will rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 2, 2016 3:15 PM

Jun 2015
Best anime of the season. Second best of the year. This was everything I hoped for out of this show, and a little bit more.
Oct 2, 2016 3:49 PM
Dec 2014
I'm confused by this one. Also, this is just a rant of my own personal thoughts! Venting after watching 13 episodes non stop haha.

The plot lacks direction. I expected it to be quick and snappy about it's display of Ikuto's great commanding abilities and yet it's more subtle. The story is slow paced in terms of development. I mean we're 13 episodes in and I feel like nothing of substance really happened. I also feel like they start developing one area of the plot, don't finish it and then start on something else.

Another thing is that Ikuto seems to have some sort of bond with every lady in this series. Now I get that he's supposedly a womaniser but I think they should have spent less time developing relationships between each and every girl he lays eyes on, and more time developing either the main relationships or the plot.

Although maybe I'm just biased because I ship Yatori and Ikuto so hard ahaha. I loved the Yatori and Ikuto one on one talk sand bonding moments. I think their relationship is one of the main reasons I continued to watch it. I would find it awful to watch them work against each other-which I feel like the plot would make them do in the future. They're a both unique, talented, a bit odd and broken in some respects with close bonds since childhood. How can you not ship them? In contrast, the Princess seriously aggravates me. Just had to put that out there.

Animation was refreshing, different. I prefer animation where the characters are more distinguishable though. I feel like hair colour plays a major role in their animation. I mean if you swapped Yatori and the Nurse girl's hair colour you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Would I watch a season 2? Debatable. I enjoyed Season 1 a lot. I liked Ikuto but I don't feel like the plot is organised at all. Plus the Princess is so annoying. I feel like even the fact that Ikuto is a great commander doesn't get highlighted enough in this show and yet that's what it's all about. If I watched a 2nd season it would mean my love for Ikuto and Yatori was just that strong.

Would I recommend it? Nah. Maybe if you've nothing else to watch? It's good to chill and watch it like I have but it's not really anything special for me. It has such potential and could be awesome but it doesn't develop things well. I wouldn't recommend it for humour, romance or the genre of fairytales, knights etc because I don't feel like it executed any of these well enough.

SIDE NOTE those spirit things... We never really got a proper understanding of what the hell those things were. I think the only thing I learnt about them was that they can speak, they can have their souls taken out of them and there's like 4 types or something. You'd think they'd have spent time to explain them but they just sort of skimmed the surface. I feel like this show does that a lot. It doesn't explain. It just sort of continues expecting you to just accept things as fact.

Borderline 6/10 to 7/10 because I did enjoy it despite it's negative aspects.
ExoticPineappleOct 3, 2016 7:56 AM
Oct 2, 2016 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
This series screams "I need season 2" and so am I

The whole thing ended like not even halfway, this should be a 2-cour anime imo
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 2, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, felt like the set up to a much larger story. Good finale though, enjoyed the confrontation.
Oct 3, 2016 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
Really hope we get a season 2. Wish there was more characters similiar to Ikta
Oct 3, 2016 8:17 AM
Apr 2014
He actually pulled it off. Didn't think the bluff would work that easily.

I wish we could get more of this >.> That was really entertaining all the way through.

What was that end though... The princess basically asked him to send his people to death just because she can't change the country as the ruler. Like he would sacrifice people for no reason. If this actually goes that way it would be pretty bad and disappointing.
Oct 3, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
Good finale for a very good show
Am gonna miss it
9/10
Oct 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
Ikta completely outplayed his opponent, betting on the one thing the perfectionist couldn't deny: possibility. In that sense, it was a completely satisfying closure to the confrontation. The princess's request was equally intriguing, despite the fact that we most likely won't see how that folds out.

Nevertheless, it was an exceedingly enjoyable ride.
Oct 3, 2016 5:24 PM

Jan 2016
uzee said:
The finale was ok, but the skip from aiming the light at the Overworking guy to the placement of the firewood between them didn't make sense - he should have had plenty of opportunities to declare attack again because the beam would no longer be aimed at him

i agree, it was pretty stupid. throw convention, expect the enemy to play by the rules? uh?

pretty pitiable ending for an unremarkable show

Farscape1 said:
wasn't about to throw away his honor

no, that's not how war or life or human nature works but it's just a dumb light novel adaptation so whatevs. it wasn't aggressively stupid
Oct 4, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2013
oh come on the poor horses man and they won he outsmarted that dude
Oct 4, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, the final battle was a good one. Also, totally fangirling at FukuJun AKA Lelouch sounding all commanding LOL XD Seems like Ikta knows how he'd react based on his commanding tactics, which is pretty telling I think. Glad everyone got back safely, and well ... Chamille's "offer" was uh ... interesting? Not really what I would have thought but at least we see that scene from the OP. Man and the conversation with Yatori at the end ... they really care for each other :') Ending seemed to kind of hint at a sequel (please?!) but I guess if there isn't one I won't be surprised either XD

So overall this was a surprise for me this season! I didn't expect anything coming into this show but I really loved the characters and how it actually talked about military tactics and wartime struggles and stuff like that. The music (especially the OP and ED) grew on me as the show went on :P Pretty decent visuals too. Plus this is one of the few shows that actually got me to root for the two main characters as a couple ... that's REALLY rare. I hope we get to see more of this show! 8/10
Oct 4, 2016 9:52 PM

Nov 2010
Cashdax said:
This series screams "I need season 2" and so am I

The whole thing ended like not even halfway, this should be a 2-cour anime imo

This is my thoughts.
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Oct 4, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly I would like this anime a lot more if the loli princess never existed.
enjoyable anime might check it out if there is an season 2 because it is getting interesting.
Oct 5, 2016 12:25 AM

Sep 2014
I was surprised about the harsh punishment for the fat commander. Yes he was shit, but that was quite something.

Im hyped for another season. But its madhouse. So probably not. Maybe in 2 years? If we are lucky.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 5, 2016 1:52 AM
Feb 2015
BornWithCHeeSe said:
Honestly I would like this anime a lot more if the loli princess never existed.
enjoyable anime might check it out if there is an season 2 because it is getting interesting.

Agree with you. I wish that the author would've used a young emperor who's friend with Ikta, like Ryner and Sion from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.
Oct 5, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
That was a damn good final episode for this season of Aleramin!
The script was very good and the wordplay on the last part was nicely done!
This show also needs to have a Season 2!
5/5!
8/10.

Oct 6, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
Ikta is a very unethical dude.
Oct 6, 2016 2:59 PM

Jul 2009
Finally this war is over, I won't pick any war animes for some time...
So, Yatri is the reason why Ikuta fights...

6/10
Oct 6, 2016 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
Great job from Madhouse, I'm glad they were the ones to pick up this series. A very enjoyable series and very well paced.
Some tactics were pretty predictable and the show kinda babies you since they give hints or tells the audience what their plan of attack is directly which is a bit depressing.
The voice actors were amazing and fit their characters perfectly. I'm feeling pretty depressed that I can't read ahead since it seems the LN translation will never catch up at its current pace.

I can only hope this series was successful enough in Japan and have enough source material to urge Madhouse to make a second season like with One Punch Man and Overlord.

Oct 7, 2016 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
Really want a 2nd cour out of this...was far more enjoyable than I thought it would be when I started

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 8, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
Nice bluff.

Apparently this series was a drawn-out intro to the "real" story...

5/10 (average) ... and this was the best anime of the season...
It never got "good".
Oct 8, 2016 1:34 PM
Jun 2010
Despite whatever Ikta was bullshitting, that was clearly betrayal of terms and highly dishonorable. Killing leaders during negotiations is very efficient of course, and has happened countless times in history. Do it too much though and you might get in to problems.

Should this kind of "fame" spread, there can have some nasty consequences, like surrendering soldiers getting killed because the enemy suspects a trap etc. For a commander like Ikta, losing his reputation as a credible partner in negotiations should actually be a big deal (though maybe he doesn't care, since he doesn't want or expect to get promoted that far up, where this would really matter).

Otherwise the entire last part of the show was a bit weird (more so than the earlier battles): Why did they have to defend the forest exit, rather than have their "mobile defense" in the mountain passes, where the local Sinack troops would have been extremely useful, not to mention the more favorable terrain. Why was the enemy forced to attack the forest ramparts directly via the road, considering that the Empire forces were hiding and using the forest beyond their side of the "wall of fire". Also building fortifications in the middle of a forest fire is kinda... ugh. Furthermore, with their artillery the enemy could have forced their way through at any point with reasonable casualties , since Jean even knew what he was facing.

Generally lot of the tactics and strategy has to been taken at face value, since the show does not provide enough relevant information to ascertain whether most of it actually makes sense (neither does the light novel, at least in vol1). Probably not, but I'm a sucker for military tactics (esp. with fantasy elements), so I take what I get.

All in all the show was... okayish? Could have been a lot better, but the core problems lie with the source material, rather than the adaptation. Tone and mood, or atmosphere, wasn't nearly as good as it could have been. The melding between military-political drama and a character driven story didn't work out that well either.
Oct 10, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
I really need more of this show. It just keeps getting better and better with each episode. Then that bomb drop at the end... Hyped to see how Ikta and his crew accomplish that.
Oct 16, 2016 7:05 PM

May 2016
So I still have no idea what the spirits are.

Well.... I'll hope for a second season of this. 7/10
Oct 20, 2016 5:32 AM
Nov 2010
I don't think the setting was well set up in this anime at all. Furthermore, there were lots of failures when it comes to logic. There were some amusing lines said by the MC, but nothing special as he was pretty much a normal among low intelligence people. Some of the stuff from this could be used in a better story, I guess.
Oct 29, 2016 10:24 AM

Dec 2015
If you asked me, an exceptional rivalry was born in that battle, bet we'll see more battles between those two geniuses in the future (if they make a sequel), I look forward to it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 31, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2013
I feel like the Princess is a full time troll, first she asked Ikta to go to the war and told him to raise to the top of the military but then she wants him to lose a War to save the country ? the fudge ? this loli should learn her place like really.. either way the finale was pretty decent, the whole series is quiet enjoyable, i like the type of MC that kinda lazy but genius.

Overall score 8/10, i wouldn't mind for a 2nd season
Nov 5, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2012
Just loved it! I love the first ep but then it was good but not as great as it was, but the finale, with the princess plan -> great and original!! and then Ikta's reaction and what he thinks of it -> unexpected (I though hed say yes right away) and great!!
The Yatori and Ikta's relation is just very enjoyable love it!

Really hoping a second season, but anyway I I'm gonna read the LN I! It was great and it got even better!
I really think the show has something very original, (it is a bit cliche sometimes tho) but there is a little something that really makes it unique imo, counldn't tell what it is but i like it!
Nov 6, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending, but well in general I wasn't a too huge fan of this anime. The pacing, the setting, the characters felt all kinda dull for me and in general it was a bit of a hassle to finish than anything else...

But well in general it was still a nice watch!
Nov 10, 2016 7:37 AM

May 2016
Just finished this anime. Watched in 1 day.

In my opinion was more good if there was a little love story between Ikta and Yatori/or other girl. But, hey, this an anime with war concept. So it's all ok.

8/10
Nov 12, 2016 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
The show has a unique concept but lacks creativity. The writer uses the same old defensive war theme that many military anime apply. Although it had a good amount of action with interesting tactics.

The protagonists were somewhat bland and dull with the exception of few side characters apart from Ikta. I honestly don't see any real chemistry between Ikta and Yatori.

The last episode where the Chamille ask to lose the war after becoming famous sounds quite stupid. It feels like someone ran of out ideas.

7/10
Nov 19, 2016 1:50 AM

Sep 2015
I got pretty cold on this series near the end, but I kind of liked the finale. The battle was more entertaining than most of the previous ones and even though I still don't really like his character it concluded the Unsleeping Generals story pretty interestingly. I think him and Solork's final confrontation in the woods was probably the best part of the episode. A little less enthusiastic about the sequel hook. I mean I'm sure it's because it's a manga adaptation but it seemed like they wanted this to be a bit longer. But I always respect when anime can wrap things up and leave more to work with, as opposed to just leaving dangling plot threads to possibly never be resolved. Not sure if I'd watch another series. 7/10
Nov 24, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
4/10. Mediocre anime to be quite honest.
Dec 7, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
I really like Ikta's relationship with both Yatori and the princess. Especially the latter, so cute~

Anyway, this show kinda made me feel like I was watching a slightly modernized Arslan Senki (loved that show too). I really enjoyed it!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 11, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
Weak sauce overall. Ikta sucks. 6/10
Dec 28, 2016 12:37 AM

Mar 2015
Great way to end this series, I can only hope for more seasons in the future!

8/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2017 9:37 PM

Apr 2011
pretty boring cartoon, it doesn't give me any reason to care about anything.
Jan 6, 2017 1:55 AM

Jun 2014
The most pleasant surprise of 2016. Came in completely out of the blue and found some great worldbuilding, interesting and intelligent characters and solid Madhouse production values.
Judging by the reactions of most people here (probably expected a battle shounen with a kickass protagonist a la Kirito) this will never get a second season though. Shame really.
Jan 6, 2017 12:38 PM

Feb 2016
Good idea/concept, but vastly unexplored and underdeveloped. Felt kinda boring and that final was a bit too much over the top.
Didn't have big expectations but it still felt dry. 4/10
Jan 14, 2017 5:53 AM

Dec 2008
Episode 9, 11:40 minutes
" PAY YOUR RESPECTS TO A LONELY WARRIOR!" BANZAI!!! BEst part, the rest was a strange mix of white aryan hindu militant 19th century weirdness. Could have been better, but it killed some time. 6/10
Jan 14, 2017 10:45 AM
Aug 2012
I found the series to be kinda dumb, the best episodes were the first 4.

Things that make no sense:
1. For a huge army, only seems like 30-40 could fight at a time.
2. Do they not know how to put out a fire?
3. Making a threat while in negotiation is a scum move that you would only expect from bad guys.
4. The spirits that were stolen was ignored, there was not even a mention of them when Ikta was trying to get their support.
5. Saying "science" is about disproving religion, but then call everything he does "scientific".

Princess and Ikta get mad that troops die in a battle they wanted to lose, then turn around and plan to do the same thing. You do not fight a battle you intend to lose, if you want to lose you negotiate with the enemy so you can gain something in return.

I enjoyed watching, but too many problems with the story to rate it very high.
Jan 18, 2017 5:52 PM

May 2009
I hope they'll continue this one, was entertaining enough.
Jan 24, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Do I smell a Zero Requiem ripoff in the future, with Red-haired bitch taking the Suzaku role (if this ever ends that is)?
Anyway, I really liked the first 2 episodes, but after that the story got so stuck in it's own ass that...

4/10.
Jan 31, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm well that was entertaining.
This is already very satisfying for a novel adaption to be honest.
I don't have any complaints, would have been better as a 2 cour sadly.
Mar 18, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2010
ARGH!! I really hate that this is really the last episode and the chances for a continuation is slim to none.. but that open ending is done so good I'm kinda content in a way too.. this is just so conflicting!! GODDAMN this show is so good I'm hating myself for skipping it when it was aired last year!! X(
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» So any chance of a continuation ?

Morningstar991 - Aug 11

15 by NonSenseWILH »»
Aug 13, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

69 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 28, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

103 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

105 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

71 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.