Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2020 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Today's episode is rather like prequel / episode 0 since it's story after finale, so featuring Inuyasha and the gang. It is told by a monk, who was revealed towards the end that it's the 4 eyes owl in that story in disguise, when one of the girls being captured, and seems like they already met.

Next ep. is the real beginning.

Edit: I did feel different hearing from Miroku's voice, but
until I saw this article. It's not good nor bad about changing of the voice, though.
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2173542/full/
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2020 11:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2020 2:00 AM

Jul 2017
It's been 10 years since the end of Inuyasha: The Final Act, and Rumiko Takahashi is back to helm the sequel to this classic, nostalgic series!

It's surreal seeing everyone back AFTER SO LONG, and as a massive fan I COULD NOT BE ANYMORE EXCITED. But of course, the series' bread-and-butter of demon hunting doesn't relent and keeping the same-but-better exact animation style as before, THANK YOU SUNRISE.

The tree that divides the time of Japan and the Feudal Era, is shifting yet again. And finally seeing GIRL POWER in the most insane way possible with the daughters of the couples in the main series, WOW OH WOW.

SixTONES are back for another banging OP, and Uru's ED is also good. Though I'd miss "I want to change the world~~~"

Now I'm very expectant of Rumiko Takahashi to once again an original sequel story that slaps just as well as the previous final. Even though this premiere episode is akin to Episode 0, but keep me surprised Sunrise!

OOSUARI!
KANLen09Oct 3, 2020 2:31 AM
Oct 3, 2020 3:09 AM

Jul 2016
So they adapted the extra chapter from the Inuyasha manga as a flashback while added some new scenes featuring the new MCs on beginning and near the end of the episode.

While it wasn't a bad idea that they adapted that chapter as a flashback, they really should have adapt it as a short OVA for a long time ago lol. Well, at least we got to see that extra chapter being animated lol.
Oct 3, 2020 3:43 AM

Jun 2017
I want more of the old cast... I missed them.
Signature.
Oct 3, 2020 3:48 AM
Oct 2016
Now this is a fun treat. Total blast from the past having this almost entire premiere be showing an old adventure that Inuyasha and crew went on back in the day right after Final Act. Provides a good setup for how things will play out in this anime. A prologue of sorts to provide context. While also showing us glimpses of our three resident heroines for this anime. We only see bits of Towa, Moroha and Setsuna but they're already the goodest girls!! Especially loved how they were in the opening song visuals. It was funny but badass. This episode did provide a good romp to ease people back in to the world of Inuyasha. Showing us him, Kagome, Sango, Miroku all in action once again. Good to see they all still got it. This demon Root Head is quite troublesome, just wouldn't seem to die and looks like it never really did even after the Inuyasha crew got its main body. Gonna guess that Root Head causes the disaster we'll see next episode that separates Towa and Setsuna. Very excited to see where this anime goes since there's not a manga to base it off. All new adventure with our three leads!
Oct 3, 2020 4:07 AM
Oct 2018
Brings back memories from my childhood !!
Oct 3, 2020 4:22 AM

Feb 2018
Hisashiburi, Kagome.

Oct 3, 2020 4:35 AM

Sep 2019
I didn’t watch Inuyasha in 2000s so I’m not going to say it feels nostalgic but people who watched it back in the day are probably feeling nostalgic. They kept the exact same art style and I think ost is the same as well. Its nice to see the main cast’s kids grown up. They did a good job on new character’s designs.
Oct 3, 2020 4:41 AM

Oct 2017
Wow I was surprised we actually got a backstory from the past about Inuyasha and Gang, that was really great. I thought for sure that we won't get to see the old gang anytime soon so this was a surprise for me but it was a pleasant one.

So glad that the animation and artstyle is really similar to the original. Kudos to Sunrise for that.

The OP and ED were both great. Specially loved the ED from Uru. Was really looking forward to the ED since I heard Uru was gonna sing it and glad it was great.

This was a flashback/Prelude so guess the main thing starts from next episode, looking forward to it.
Oct 3, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
Dukino said:
Very excited to see where this anime goes since there's not a manga to base it off.

Actually, the flashback scene in this episode is adapted from the manga with few changes lol, you aren't wrong about the future episodes after this tho.
Oct 3, 2020 5:30 AM

Sep 2017
I finished Inuyasha only last year but I still felt nostalgic about this first episode
It's gonna be a nice adventure !

Both OP and ED were great and had nice 00's vibes btw
Oct 3, 2020 5:54 AM

Oct 2012
do we know who Sesshoumaru's wife is?
Oct 3, 2020 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
Miroku and Sango banging out children left and right lol.

Good first episode. Looking forward to this series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 3, 2020 6:20 AM
Aug 2018
It made me feel so nostalgic. Inuyasha was my first anime, so seeing how the characters were doing after 10 years made me very happy. I'm just hoping the rest of the sequel is good ☺
Oct 3, 2020 6:30 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Man its been so long since I seen this, it still has the same feeling, great first episode.
Oct 3, 2020 6:43 AM

Sep 2019
This was so nostalgic, I used to watch Inuyasha as a kid and after all these years to get to watch their kids is pure bliss.
Oct 3, 2020 6:44 AM
Feb 2020
"This feels kinda nostalgic, now lets get back to the kids, they are waiting for us"

Very meta line coming from Sango. This episode in a nutshell. Hit me in the nostalgia buttons & has me pumped for the next generation.
Oct 3, 2020 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
Another show with a lame OP, ED is good though
Oct 3, 2020 6:59 AM
May 2019
Christ.. I missed this show so much.. I'm in tears to see the old characters again..
Inuyasha was the first legit anime, I ever watched..

I just fucking love op as well as ed..
I think we'll get to know who's Towa's mother in the next episode.
Oct 3, 2020 7:18 AM

Nov 2019
Obviously

Moroha ⅓ demon, Inuyasha and Kagome's kid

Towa ½ demon, well Sesshou is full and Rin is human soooooooo

Setsuna, either Towa or Moroha's twin
Oct 3, 2020 7:19 AM

Feb 2019
Y’all I’m Legit squealing, my favourite anime ever is back 😭 who would’ve thought we’d ever get more Inuyasha . Woke up at 9:30 just to watch this.

I love the OP and the ED, Towa, Setsuna and Moroha are great already and I can tell they’ve got amazing chemistry. It was so nice to see the old gang in the flashback too. “Let’s go home. The kids are waiting” omg so cute. 😭 I grew up with all of this so it’s amazing to see how much this world has developed.

My childhood is back and I’m loving it. Can’t wait for next week
Oct 3, 2020 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
Miroku near the end summed up this episode for me.
"That was nostalgic"

Great start on the whole. I'm so glad they kept the classic OST, maybe the touched it up a bit but every time it plays, it brings back so many memories. Art style is also very in line with the old one which once again great for appealing to nostalgia.

Kagome's sit boy never gets old.

Was pretty awesome seeing the gang back again.

I think @YggdraSEED is pretty spot on with Moroha, Towa and Setsuna's bloodlines but we'll see.
Oct 3, 2020 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhhhh very good first backflash episode! I really enjoyed it and it brought a lot of memories too T-T. I now want to rewatch the whole inuyasha anime because of it lol. I can’t wait to know what happened to kagome and the rest after they defeated that monster, also super excited to know more about the new girls aaaa <3!!
HeboOct 3, 2020 7:59 AM
Oct 3, 2020 7:56 AM

Jan 2019
This was quite a Inuyasha episode - And I liked it! There is definitively some effort to connect Yashahime with Inuyasha, and more than just some namedropping and declaring of kinship. A full episode for the story between now and the destrying of Shikon no Tama. Now i am very curious, how this will connect.
Oct 3, 2020 8:00 AM

Dec 2019
THE HYPE IS UNREAL.
I didn't entirely know what to expect but I am very happy about the way it slowly eased us back in. So many memories for everyone, myself included. And I feel that it understood that the "that was nostalgic" and "a decade ago". This genuinely took me back to being a kid all over again. It's unreal after all this time I finally get to experience the hype of waiting for the next episode of Inuyasha again. A treasure that I needed to get through the rest of 2020 for sure.
I love the babies, all of them. I hope we get to see more of them. Had tears in my eyes when we were being shown Towa, Setsuna and Moroha. Can't wait to get to meet them more next week!
Oct 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Apr 2007
So we start with the original group, unexpected but still fun. Miroku's new voice is perfect. There's really not much to say at this point, since this was the same old stuff, except I can't wait to see what this series has in store for us~

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
So they adapted the extra chapter from the Inuyasha manga as a flashback while added some new scenes featuring the new MCs on beginning and near the end of the episode.

While it wasn't a bad idea that they adapted that chapter as a flashback, they really should have adapt it as a short OVA for a long time ago lol. Well, at least we got to see that extra chapter being animated lol.
I never read the manga, but it seems like they animated it with the idea to incorporate it into the story for this series. At least that's what I thought at the end when the demon wasn't fully defeated.
Oct 3, 2020 9:22 AM
Sep 2017
Wow, I was prepared to be hit by nostalgia, but this episode sucker-punched me.

Anyone else had its heart skip a beat when Sesshomaru showed up? XD
Oct 3, 2020 9:38 AM

Nov 2014
basically Boruto but 100x better
so glad the "wifes" didn't just become your average housewives after getting married (ahem Hinata Sakura ahem) and they are actually engaged in the battles and the "husbands" aren't the sole protectors of the family. love that!
Oct 3, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
Monochrome said:
I never read the manga, but it seems like they animated it with the idea to incorporate it into the story for this series. At least that's what I thought at the end when the demon wasn't fully defeated.

Well, yeah they did changed some stuffs from the manga. Aside of the obviously change that root yokai being still alive rather than being defeated by Inuyasha and Kagome, they also gave Miroku's kids a proper names since they aren't named in the manga and the owl yokai appeared in the flashback scene.
MahiaErebeaNegiOct 3, 2020 9:51 AM
Oct 3, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2018
As a first episode it is very valid as it was narratively structured, the narrative device used at the beginning, introduces the main character well and at the same time links the story to that of the anime of "Inuyasha", without being ridiculous and incongruent with what will come later. The fact that more space is given to the characters of the past does not bother, and indeed, it brings to mind all the good feelings that the anime series "Inuyasha" gave in the past. If you look closely at this new anime, it has the same setting as "Inuyasha", however it seems almost as if time has stopped and you are, oops ... I should say "you find yourself" again in those moments of many years ago which aired the anime of "Inuyasha" on the MTV television channel. Excellent work both from a graphic and technical point of view, but on this point I was not afraid, after all the studio that works there is that of "Sunrise", so the quality is guaranteed. I just have to say: "I can't wait for the next episode to come out!"
Oct 3, 2020 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
So this just set up the "Root Head" plot for later, obviously. Also kinda ruined the Drama we were expecting between the siblings/cousins since we already see them getting along really well lol
Oct 3, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
The Inuyasha franchise is back with this anime, and while I don't like Inuyasha and don't have that nostalgic love for it that others do, it was sort of cool seeing Inuyasha, Kagome and their kids and the rest of the gang back. The visuals too looked nice for what it was, solid art. Hopefully the story here isn't as repetitive as the original anime in the nearby future but for a premiere that serves as almost the transition ground between the old anime and this new era, this wasn't too bad.

I found the first episode here far more enjoyable compared to the original anime's premiere.
Oct 3, 2020 10:46 AM

Jun 2017
That was a juicy start I wonder how the rest of it will unfold.
Oct 3, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2018
I enjoyed how it started off with Inuyasha and co, it worked well as an introduction giving literally nothing away. My only hope is that the creators won't drag this out for too long (100 episodes+, )it's better to be short and of a high quality than vice versa.

Since Miroku's original seiyu Kōji Tsujitani (RIP) passed away two years ago, is anyone else curious who is the behind Miroku's voice?
Oct 3, 2020 11:12 AM
Feb 2012
Iwanted to watch this but I guess I have to watch Final act first?

but I skimmed a bit through it and the art is more polished but still nostalgic enough and I love Towa's androgynous look
Oct 3, 2020 11:16 AM
Oct 2019
I got so nostalgic watching this bro
Oct 3, 2020 11:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That was a pleasant trip down memory lane, and it was nice seeing the old characters even though it was a flashback. I remember when Inuyasha used to come on TV all the time with the English dub. A few years later I watched Inuyasha: The Final Act on Hulu. It was a perfect way to introduce the next generation of female demon slayers.
Oct 3, 2020 11:57 AM
May 2018
i love how they kept the old art and osts it made me nostalgic i enjoyed the first episode it felt like a prequel to prepere us for the actual episode 1 im looking forward to see more
Oct 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
I've decided not to rate it as it would be around 5. There was far to many characters calling out each others names and it felt like I should know who they are. I'm assuming this is a continuation of a show I've not watched and not a remake of something. Nothing was very clear, tons of characters and a war versus demons with no explanation or world /character introductions. Couldn't feel any connection to it at all.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 3, 2020 12:11 PM

Sep 2016
The animation looks janky, the OP and ED are meh, and the first episode was boring af. At least they animated the Inuyasha epiolgue, but what will happen from the next episode? I think Yasahime will go down as another Boruto. And I was so excited for this :(
Oct 3, 2020 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
Not only my most anticipated anime, but my most anticipated event period of 2020.

When I first watched Inuyasha four years ago in October of 2016 it was my fourth anime series but my first really longer running one, I watched it in two months' time, it was the longest series of any kind I had ever watched consciously in order from the first episode to the last, and it steadily grew to be not only my favorite anime of all time but my favorite piece of media in anything bar none; a position in which it still remains unchallenged today. Lots of anime have come and gone for me since, but Inuyasha is one of the only ones I can say without exaggerating was transformative.

And back then, I remember thinking one of the many aspects which made Inuyasha so great was its perfect conclusive ending which so many stories lack. It hit every emotional beat, every plot thread and detail, maximum excitement, resolution, and catharsis in a way that made sense and in line with what I'd watched for almost 200 episodes prior, and they even managed to take the time out of the last episode to provide closure for all minor and supporting characters. It was so caring and respectful of its audience, an ending befitting of a grand saga - stately, majestic, and truly whole.

I've always been in the camp to say anything within the bounds of physics is possible and that includes unlikely anime sequels, but this was just about dead last on the list of series I ever expected a sequel to due to the sense of finality and neatness of its ending. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely. And then after reading about the 2013 manga addition or "extra chapter", containing the Root Head youkai story which was made to promote relief and reconstruction efforts for the 2011 Tohoku tsunami and earthquake, I thought "That's the last bit of the Inuyasha story, a kind of minor sequel or after credits bonus following the denouement which we'll never actually see on screen." Well, that and the supposedly non-canonical drama CDs.

And today it is and I'm glad to have been wrong. And now we stand at the precipice - all new anime original territory ahead. Just having the main characters back when I never imagined we'd see a second of their timeline past episode 193 (26 of The Final Act) induces chills. Also, getting Satsuki Yukino and many of the same voice cast (a shame about Miroku's seiyuu and he's the only one that sounds like a different person rather than just aged up and in a new context, but nothing can be done about that; they clearly are trying to match his tone and cadence), several familiar OST tracks and their integration with the action sequences as well, similar art style not to break continuity, an ED especially which evokes that mid-2000s ambience, are all positive steps. The charm, beauty, and serenity of Kaede's village around the Goshinboku but also how manic and lawless things can become at a moment's notice, the chaos and lurking malice and malevolence, were all at the fore. It moves and breathes like the original. Well, Sunrise studio and Kaoru Wada's renewed involvement were already the positive indicators.

Honestly, as much as I love Inuyasha, I'm of two minds with this sequel going into it and now after having watched the first episode. On the one hand it's a completely unnecessary sequel for one of the longer series and also one of the most complete and fulfilling stories out there - For those who this sparks interest in, just go back and watch it. A sequel can never be a substitute or replacement. I don't think it's easy to tack on anything after a story that explored so much ground and have it measure up. So my expectations, especially now as it goes on for the rest with presumably anime original content, are actually rather low. It's more accurate to say actually that I basically expect nothing from this and that will continue to be my expectation for a while as I'm cautious and guarded.

On the other hand, I feel safe with the assurance than even if it's 5% as good as the original series, that will still make it 100x better and more appealing to me than a lot of contemporary anime, so basically even if it's a big flop with nothing new or insightful or poignant to offer it will still be like a 7/10 in my worst estimations. Because it's Inuyasha. And in whatever form - It's back. That's enough. I'm glad to be alive to see the day when Inuyasha as a franchise is producing new content.

Roch2001 said:
I've decided not to rate it as it would be around 5. There was far to many characters calling out each others names and it felt like I should know who they are. I'm assuming this is a continuation of a show I've not watched and not a remake of something. Nothing was very clear, tons of characters and a war versus demons with no explanation or world /character introductions. Couldn't feel any connection to it at all.

It's a sequel rather than a remake. And the Inuyasha film series was notorious for this - they'd give just some front loaded quick exposition with the opening credit sequence and some character title cards and expect you to catch up and know what's what almost immediately. They're probably making it with the primary audience being those already familiar with the Inuyasha-verse (whether through the original or through the manga and console or mobile games) in mind.
WatchTillTandavaOct 3, 2020 11:30 PM
Oct 3, 2020 12:52 PM
Sep 2008
PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

IM THROWN A LITTLE BIT BY THE DIFFERENT VOICES OF THE OG CAST BUT WHO CARES THIS IS WAS SO COOOOLL!!!!!!!!!

ALSO DID SESSUMARU GET SHORTHER??? HE WAS WAY TALLER LMAO
anywayyyyy ahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahaah i cant wait for next week!!!!!!

THIS EPISODE BASICLY SHOWED US A PART OF THE FUTURE OF THE GIRLS AND THE PAST OF INUYASHA OG GANG..
its sets up the story in motion and from next episode or the 3rd we probabaly gonna get the starts of what seperated the kids from parents at young age and all those things
narutosisterOct 3, 2020 1:08 PM
Oct 3, 2020 12:56 PM
Sep 2008
Stranger_Hanyo said:
The animation looks janky, the OP and ED are meh, and the first episode was boring af. At least they animated the Inuyasha epiolgue, but what will happen from the next episode? I think Yasahime will go down as another Boruto. And I was so excited for this :(

they save the good animationfor the bluray, they never do godly animation for mainstream tv XD
this will not be another boruto since the creator dont want to milk the series (like kishi does) since shes one of the richest mangakas, he do it for the fans.
in animes like this at least the first 10 episodes gonna be weird and confusing.
Oct 3, 2020 1:01 PM
Sep 2008
Roch2001 said:

lol yeah u need to watch or read the whole inuyasha before watching this anime ^^
Oct 3, 2020 1:38 PM
Mar 2018
I am worried about the Kagome bike seat thing :(
what?
Oct 3, 2020 1:57 PM

May 2018
Now that felt nostalgic, especially when the music kicked in.
Oct 3, 2020 3:03 PM
Mar 2015
Great animation of the manga epilogue
Oct 3, 2020 3:19 PM

Jan 2018
I'm not gonna watch this I've never seen Inuyasha, besides some unconnected episodes every now and then while I was a kid but I'm just wanna say I glad you all guys get a secuel for a show that was their favourite during their childhoods
Oct 3, 2020 3:24 PM

Feb 2013
Omg, the nostalgy hits hard.
Oct 3, 2020 3:33 PM

May 2009
God, I can't wait for the rest of the series! This was just a great nostalgia trip from start to finish. I felt like I was thrust back into high school LOL I loved how they kept some of the original background music making my heart swell with memories!

Great first episode!! ^_^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.