Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 2, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaburagi and Natsume had some pretty tough odds to fight against this episode. Even though the two had a plan going, they weren't entirely prepared for a betrayal.

I found this episode rather tense for the high stakes and that events like this should also have unexpected consequences.

Sep 2, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
The final operation has begun. A battle on two fronts with Natsume and Kaburagi infiltrating the Gadoll Factory along with the underground prison workers revolting against the guards. Loved this episode. Had some great dialogue and interactions throughout the whole thing. Kaburagi and Natsume facing Hugin had my eyes glued to the screen. I really thought things went bad for a second but luckily Jill already had her hacking skills in play. Made them fighting an administrator level threat an even playing field. As even as it could get I suppose considering they were still heavily overmatched. Kaburagi went all out trying to stop Hugin from attacking Natsume. Their battle in that part of the factory was awesome.

Of course the traitor bastard Turkey showed his hand this episode too. Sark getting manipulated was an awful thing to happen to him but I'm glad he could get some redemption exploding the factory reactor. I love the messaging with this series of going beyond your limits. That you don't have to be content with shitty circumstances around you. To just have some fun. Donatello sure has hell did this episode. Made me laugh how Jill woke him up then he went ham on all the enhanced guards. It seems like our heroes have already accomplished both facets of the mission so I'm curious how the remaining episodes can unfold, also to see how well Natsume is gonna take all this kind shattering information.
Sep 2, 2020 8:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The scene with Kaburagi and the hacked sight was totally epic, also that's a huge revelation at the end for Natsume wow
Sep 2, 2020 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
Daaaammmn, lot of fights, lot of action, and I want so much more. Cannot wait till next week once again!
Sep 2, 2020 8:25 AM

Jul 2009
I loved all the episodes, but this was the best episode so far.
Sep 2, 2020 8:49 AM

Feb 2019
I’m guessing Hugin is going to be the main endgame villian of the show since the Gadoll are all gone now. Sark’s sacrifice was sad but what a great person.

That reveal at the end will have broken natsume. Imagine your whole world being a lie... was there ever any meaning in anything in life?

People are so sleep on Deca-Dence
Sep 2, 2020 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
The plan succeeded and the Gadolls are now gone.

That ending tho... what a way to end an episode. I'm interested to see how everyone will react to that news.

Sep 2, 2020 9:03 AM

Oct 2017
Sayonara Saru, that was a legendary way to die.

Whew the mission went smoother than I thought, they destroyed the Gadoll factory. Now I wonder what's gonna happen since there's still three episodes left. Natsume facing reality drama? Or something else I wonder.
Sep 2, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2020
Why do Funimation subs say Sark because I keep hearing Saru lmao

Finally Natsume learns the truth about her world I'd be lying if I didn't get goosebumps in the last moments when Natsume realised that shit was off
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 2, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
spectrojan said:
Why do Funimation subs say Sark because I keep hearing Saru lmao

Sarkozy - Sarukoji in japanese.
Sep 2, 2020 9:09 AM

Sep 2018
This World, Gadoll, even my body, everything is manufactured.

I thought that destroying the factory would take 2 episode, but this one was amazingly done. That last scene was such a cliffhanger...
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 2, 2020 9:20 AM
Dec 2018
Another episode another banger. Surface level was great with the tension of the fight and Sark sacrificing the last of his hamon(up his ass lmaoooo), and there's a lot more thought provoking stuff. How will Natsume respond to everything being manufactured? How will the two of them(again mostly Natsume) deal with the implications of the genocide they just committed? How long will this destruction of the factory have any effect, was the death of all those gadoll and cyborgs all for nothing?
Sep 2, 2020 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
Somehow this anime remind me of Studio Trigger
Sep 2, 2020 9:32 AM

Feb 2020
What an episode has been this one!

Action, conspiracy, Natsume and Kaburagi againts the worldd (literally)... just pretty good
This is the best one so far!
And the revelation at the end.... probably will broke Natsume and that could be the key for a final villane or fight! (¿could be?)
Sep 2, 2020 9:33 AM
Dec 2018
Marinate1016 said:
I’m guessing Hugin is going to be the main endgame villian of the show since the Gadoll are all gone now. Sark’s sacrifice was sad but what a great person.

That reveal at the end will have broken natsume. Imagine your whole world being a lie... was there ever any meaning in anything in life?

People are so sleep on Deca-Dence

I think Natsume was already aware moreorless of her whole life being a lie in episode 5, she knew they were going to where the Gadoll were being made this episode as well. I'd say what'll be more impactful is her realizing that she just committed genocide, I could the start of that realization at the end of the episode. Maybe that combined with everything being manufactured will be what takes the toll on here, I guess we'll see next week
Sep 2, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
So all the Gadols are being destroyed, even the ones that are already out... which means Pipe is...
RIP Pipe (unless for some weird reason he didn't disintegrate)
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 2, 2020 10:08 AM
Oct 2019
The final operation to destroy ALL the Gadoll was a success! RIP Pipe!

Sep 2, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, great episode. I got emotional when Sark died.
Sep 2, 2020 10:13 AM

Jun 2016
hakaihisaki said:

It depends, he (and that seahorse one for that matter) seem to be a different type of Gadoll completely lacking only offensive capabilities the other Gadolls usually have. Maybe they are some kind of pet models created to be sold as merchandise (the whole thing is a corporate endeavor afterall). If the G.G.S was designed to be an emergency shut down for the "combat models" then it wouldn't make any sense for "pet models" to be affected by this.
Sep 2, 2020 10:46 AM

Nov 2013
Noumu said:
hakaihisaki said:

It depends, he (and that seahorse one for that matter) seem to be a different type of Gadoll completely lacking only offensive capabilities the other Gadolls usually have. Maybe they are some kind of pet models created to be sold as merchandise (the whole thing is a corporate endeavor afterall). If the G.G.S was designed to be an emergency shut down for the "combat models" then it wouldn't make any sense for "pet models" to be affected by this.
Same opinion on this. Not to mention, author would not sacrifice cute pipe for some cheap drama. Pipe is just as special as Natsume.
Sep 2, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
That was amazing.
Finally Natsume will know the truth next episode. Can't wait to see her reaction but before that I hope they get out of there safely first. I'll really miss Pipe, I wish only Pipe could stay alive somehow.

Anyways, that was too quick and easy but since there are more 3 episodes, I guess there's another deadly fight that awaits them.

It's funny how they all go “Waay~~” after smelling that XD
Sep 2, 2020 10:52 AM
Feb 2019
I'm loving this anime!🥰👍
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤....
Sep 2, 2020 11:07 AM

Jul 2016
I really wonder what stuff we're gonna get now. 3 episodes left and it felt like the finale already.
Sep 2, 2020 11:29 AM
Jul 2020
The way that he screamed Donatello reminded me of when Levi screamed Kenny

dayummm if you're manufactured then how do you have a thinking brain, much less an independent one?? what about the tankers???? 9frhdiueono

good episode :)
Sep 2, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2020
this is very well paced. feel like we have had more episodes than 9.
Sep 2, 2020 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
THE START OF THE ENDGAME: Kaburagi's revolt against the Solid Quake Corporation (bringing chipless Natsume along for the ride), and the entire Gadoll facility! Expectiing a great showdown for the final stretch...and leaving Pipe behind for safety.

To think that Donatello would get the party started before the roll-call, that's to be expected. Let the Bugs flare Gadoll poop (like a fish tank filled with large volumes of removable algae) while Turkey and Sarkozy has conspired against the operation, and Jill having to work DOUBLE-TIME to save their asses.

To no one's surprise, system admin Hugin has it all figured out, piece by piece from Turkey's leak of staying traditional. RIP Sarkozy, you've done your sacrifical job well of honouring Kaburagi's word of pushing to your limits to the end.

The final step to shut down the Gadoll facility (RIP Pipe), SUCCESS.
But Kaburagi's shocking revelation to Natsume...what a cliffhanger.

Another great episode, and into the final 3 episodes! Anticipating the twists and turns!
Sep 2, 2020 11:32 AM
Apr 2019
Best episode of this season. Holy shit, fluid action and character moments.
"This world, Gadoll, my body is all manufactured "
Sep 2, 2020 11:39 AM

Sep 2019
this episode got me so excited especially with the final reveal

HOW ON EARTH AM I GONNA WAIT A WEEK FOR THE NEXT EP
Sep 2, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2019
Another great action-packed episode. They managed to shut the factory off much faster than I expected. There are 3 more episodes, I wonder where will the story go from there...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 2, 2020 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
Most under rated show this season. Very good.
Sep 2, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2019
Turkey is giving me Randall Bogs vibes. Randall is the Invisible Lizard from Monster Inc
Sep 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Jul 2011
Very well executed episode, can't wait to see how Natsume is going to react to the big news and whats going to happen in the next 3 episodes
Sep 2, 2020 12:31 PM

Sep 2020
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
Most under rated show this season. Very good.

Truly.

And just like that the ride will be over in 3 weeks... Really hyped to see how they're gonna end it too. So far they've done a very decent job with each episode.
Sep 2, 2020 12:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid episode! I'll be honest, I didn't expect this show to get back up after that mind-boggling 2nd episode but here we are...

Natsume's reaction at the end really hurt, boy has she got a lot to catch up with here. Goodbye Pipe, RIP. Slow-mo at the start with Kaburagi-san staring down at Pipe, I knew it was going to end this way but it had to be done at the end of the day.

Kurenai-san's conversation with Kaburagi-san at the start was quite entertaining too, lol.

Pretty good action scenes this episode and I'm expecting even more to come with the final three episodes now. Let's go!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2020 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
wish Kurenai got more screen time she is sexy hot

Jill is more scary than Donatello then lol

RIP Sark you become Iron-man like Tony Stark there eh

now that the Gadolls and its factory is destroyed i wonder whats next
Sep 2, 2020 1:03 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode!
I don't really understand where the story will go now that the Gadoll are gone. That last scene of Kaburagi and Natsume shutting down the network was amazing. I believe the series has 3-4 episodes to go, can't wait.
Sep 2, 2020 1:06 PM

May 2020
This was probably my favorite episode of the series, this second half of the series has really improved the show for me. That crazy revelation while Kaburagi and Natsume hacked and killed off the gadolls will probably give us a quite interesting scene next. I'm really hyped to see what comes next. In my opinion, this show has been kinda underrated this season, it had some inconsistant moments early on, but overall, it's been a pretty decent one.
Sep 2, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Noumu said:

Same opinion on this. Not to mention, author would not sacrifice cute pipe for some cheap drama. Pipe is just as special as Natsume.

How is that cheap drama? Gadolls have to die, Pipe is a Gadoll, Pipe dies. And it's not like they overplayed it in this episode. Coming up with a BS excuse to keep him alive... THAT would be cheap.
Sep 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
RIP Sark. Not only you were able to amend your mistake of co-operating with the scummy Turkey, but the way you sacrificed yourself at the end was brave and awesome...

Thanks to his move, he helped the GGS plan to ultimately succeed, where it was very touch and go for a while, with Jill working her butt off to keep the plan alive while Kaburagi did his best in his fight against Hugin.

However, the question that Natsume asked Kaburagi was something he wished he didn't have to answer, but he had no other choice in the matter and simply told Natsume the whole truth about the Gadoll, the work she lives in and even his body, being all manufactured.

Not to mention, that was also a very good cliffhanger to end the episode with too. I do hope Natsume will be okay after that revelation...
Sep 2, 2020 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty tense episode! That was some proper teamwork from everyone. Kaburagi with Natsume on the offensive, while Jill is backing them up and Donatello rampaging through that shit-hole.

Sark went out with a bang, he got tricked but managed to do a good deed before he was going to perish. RIP.

Mission was quite the success, but damn that reveal towards Natsume on what this world is all about, I can't wait to see her reaction next week!!
Sep 2, 2020 2:23 PM
Jul 2019
Yep as expected turkey did betrayed the resistance, too bad that he has to include Sark in his failed plan but in the end sark was able to make some damage to the Gadoll Factory...

Ok, so with a couple of eps left who would be the next opponent ???
Sep 2, 2020 2:28 PM
Mar 2020
Warning: The Bomb has been dropped on Natsume! I repeat:The Bomb has been dropped!
But realy now.I think the pacing got a bit rushed due to the kinda unnesecary betrail subplot, motvations for it were also hella weak. but we did get some crisp freaking scenes this episode again so ill deal with it xD Cant wait till next week
Sep 2, 2020 2:35 PM
Feb 2019
Well, pretty much everything happened in this episode. Intense stuff.
That little bit at the begining with Kurenai was funny, but it had that feel of farewell, alongside with the scene of both leaving Pipe alone in the house. The operation begins, and Natsume and Kaburagi find the source of gadoll: a lake; pretty much everything was going alright till they encounter Huqin, and the confrontation begins, Huqin vs. Kaburagi was good, despite of him being so powerful, Kaburagi could gain some time against Huqin. Meanwhile, down at the tank, more policemen arrive and the massacre begins, the bugs didn't have a oportunity by themselves, if not because of Donatello (actually because of Jill), all of them would've been killed; and it's confirmed, Turkey betrayed them in order to be forgiven by the system, this two episodes played around a lot with the idea, when the fire started I though it was against the factory irruption's plot, not part of it.
Also, RIP Sark, that was a great sacrifice, it even got a bit emotional at the end.

And man, that cliffhanger, the GGS is activated wiping the gadolls out, and cornered by such stange events, Kaburagi finally tells the truth to Natsume, wonder how she's gonna handle all of that; also, it seems that Pipe is gone now, he might not but it's unknown. What an ending, the series peak for now; next week's episode is gonna be really interesting.
mafd12Sep 2, 2020 2:42 PM
Sep 2, 2020 2:45 PM
Feb 2020
They did it they did it they actually killed of pipe. I just have no words... However idk ab you and i will kind of sound heartless but i didn't give 2 shits about that mater looking ass guy so... But he did take one for the team and i respect that. But that clif hanger tho and im so angry coz i have school and am a closet so i won't see the ending of the show until maybe like mid October but damn i love this show and im generally being serious because i normally use emojis but this was a ride to watch week after week and reading people theories here but yeah nothing but love
Sep 2, 2020 2:48 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
This was the best episode imo.
So much closure in a way but there is still 4 more episodes... I wonder what's next!! I can't wait for the rest
Sep 2, 2020 2:54 PM

Jan 2018
Sark is da MVP for this one. At least, he bite the bullet and proved to himself he was pushing the limits. Rest in pieces for Turkey though.

That cliffhanger at the end, I wonder how would Natsume react to this.

Also, Pipe...
Sep 2, 2020 3:39 PM
Nov 2017
Saru man of the match
Sep 2, 2020 4:25 PM

Oct 2010
Fairly obviously to me that Pipe will survive because he's a bug.
Sep 2, 2020 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
😭 omg I really, really hope Pipe didn't disappear too...
R.I.P. Sarkozy... loved his expressions (actually really love all the facial expressions in this anime)
Was pretty unsettling how out of place Natsume and Kaburagi looked in the factory
Waiting for the next episode every week is HELL!! AGHHH!!
NinjinAiSep 3, 2020 5:21 PM
Sep 2, 2020 5:05 PM
Jan 2015
Great episode, bomb was dropped. How the hell are Kabu and Natsume going to escape??? I hope Natsume doesn't do anything rash with her new epiphany and the truth of the world....

will Hugin come back? RIP Pipe, you were genuinely too good for this world. In the shot where Kabu looks at pipe as he's closing the door, I wish it would have shown more sadness. To me it just looked like Kabu wanted to murder pipe lmfao
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

141 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.