Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 31, 2020 5:40 AM
Apr 2019
So the prom could be cancelled, huh.

Hiratsuka-sensei leaving the school is kinda sad ngl.

Haruno telling Hachiman that their relationship is built on codependency definitely gave a blow on him. He thinks that them lending a helping hand is not weird at all as they just want to help one another with their own problems, but for Haruno she thought that it did form some fragility in their relationship. Basically they're depending on each other way too much. That's why Yukino wants to handle things herself, and why Haruno threw those bombs on them.

And of course, Yui. She's definitely the star of this episode. Those moments with the two of them having some sortf of date is kinda sweet. That IKEA- I mean IKE logo XD.
But all sweetness aside, the final minutes were so melancholic. Hachiman hesitating was clearly a sign that he was self-aware of Yui's feelings, but he still chose Yukino. Ouch. Then Yui inevitably broke down, she realized that all her dishonesty to her own feelings led to this. She disregarded her love for 8man so she can help Yukino, so she knew this was coming. But she still can't let go, she still cannot accept that Hachiman chose Yukino :(

It was a really good episode. I want to know how Yukino and others will handle the disapproval, and why Hiratsuka-sensei will leave the school :(((
Jul 31, 2020 5:42 AM
Mar 2020
8man, why you gotta do that to Yuiiii bro.... my heart just stopped for a second there and felt overwhelmed by looking at her crying because him mentioning that request of saving her. My man went straight to Yukinon rather than Yui and it's just heart breaking to watch with all those great moments of them two together.

anyways, loved the episode today!
Jul 31, 2020 6:14 AM
Feb 2020
Didn't this start off as a Love Comedy...? I feel like i'm watching a trajady ;-;
Jul 31, 2020 6:22 AM

Nov 2017
NO YUI !!
I know what she feels :(

Jul 31, 2020 6:22 AM

Feb 2014
Oh boy... Poor Yui, she not even my "best girl" but I feel bad for her. This is a moment that Yui knows it's inevitable but it's still hard to swallow.

Gotta say Yui's seiyuu, Touyama Nao, nailed it here.
OrangeRafiJul 31, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 31, 2020 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
God, why does this episode hurt my heart so much? Poor Yui... :'(

Things were going a bit too well with the prom plans, so I wasn't surprised to see that the prom would have some stiff opposition to it and, sadly, Yukino's mother was involved in this.

Although it's not too clear as to why the small minority within the PTO (Parent Teachers Organisation) would object to the idea of hold a special event like a prom, but Yukino's mother seems to side with them to an extent and her way of wording her argument shows that she really is stern with her approach.

It did leave me feeling a bit conflicted, but in my opinion, I feel that Yukino is too obsessed with trying to prove her point to her mother by trying to handle this all alone. It's true that relying on too much help means that you'll struggle to get things done when you have to do it alone and Haruno does have a point. Having said that, there are other times where trying to do everything on your own out of desperation and pride will only hurt you in the end, so having others to help you should be encouraged, not frowned upon.

That's why I feel that Haruno's criticism of Yukino, Yi and Hachiman's "Codependency" is rather hollow and unjust. It's one of the reasons why I didn't like her pessimistic approach in season 2 and she's back to doing just that again in this episode. Admittedly, it's really hard to pinpoint whether she's saying this out of her own opinion or just saying all these things out of her mother's behest, but from the way I see it, she needs to be proven wrong, along with her mother, too. Only time will tell whether our trio can get through this intact.

The biggest pain for me was at the end of the episode. Although Hachiman knew that Shizuka would be leaving, but he wants to uphold his promise that he made to Yukino about saving her.

Sadly, I think that this might've been the final chance for Yui to make her move on Hachiman, but once again, she wants to help her friends and she encourages Hachiman to head back to school to help out Yukino.

This just made her last scene very tough to watch as she went around the corner and broke down into tears. Her feelings for Hachiman is strong, but wanting to put her friends first has effectively ended her chances to be with him. As a big Yui fan, the last scene was tough to swallow. T_T

Overall, this episode was powerful and I look forward to seeing what happens next. In my opinion, I don't think the suffering that our trio, along with Isshiki, are going through with the whole prom plan will end just yet, so I wouldn't surprised if the next episode will be even more depressing, but as an anime only viewer, my prediction could very well be wrong. ^_^;
Meta_YoshiAug 1, 2020 3:31 AM
Jul 31, 2020 7:17 AM
Jul 2020
Atavistic said:
So, if I'm understanding Yukino's mother correctly, she wants the prom cancelled because a few members of the PTO - family friends by the sounds of it - raised a few complaints about the idea because of Japan's ridiculous notion of purity. It's not even a majority of people, just a few influential members arrogantly flexing their influence and going against the majority consensus of being happy with the prom going ahead. The problem is, she's so blatantly antagonistic to the plans that it feels utterly artificial and forced, as if the show couldn't think of any better way to further Yukino's development without an obstacle like this. And then we have Haruno being excessively bitchy (to the point where she ends up feeling as if she's acting out of character) to further drive the point home..

Yukino's mother and fellow PTO members objecting the prom idea seems like an accurate reflection of Japanese conservative society, who are stuck in their traditional way of thinking and frown on anyone trying to disrupt the status quo. I suspect this is ultimately about "saving face" from Mrs. Yukinoshita's perspective. She can't have her daughter getting involved with an idea that seems so foreign and ridiculous. Why? Because it would make her look bad in front of those wealthy friends (the ones she might need a favor from someday) she's probably hanging out with.

As for Haruno, I can see where she's coming from. She may not be everyone's cup of tea but she is older and has that bit more life experience than the main cast. You could say she's trying to help these guys wake up and accept reality sooner rather than later, so they won't feel too disappointed when things don't go their way.
Sena001Jul 31, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 31, 2020 8:03 AM
Jul 2019
Remember the last episode of season 2? Its Hachiman that said Yukinoshita should resolve her problem herself. And it is Yukinoshita's request also that for the two (Yui and Hachiman) to just be there and watch. I think Yui doing exactly that, but on the other hand Yukinoshita also make request to Hachiman (without Yui knowing of course) to "save her someday".

For Yui, this is really tough to swallow. Yui will be the character that suffer the most in all of this, I wouldn't be surprised if she'll leave the club now. On episode 2, Yui mentioned something like "if the club goes much longer...", I mean they're still sophomore so there's still plenty of time. But now it seems she will have the resolve to not becoming the "third wheel" anymore, this should really be the closure it seems.

Have to say the series so far have been really cruel for Yui, not fair.
Jul 31, 2020 8:15 AM

Sep 2017
damn even tho im a Yukinon stan i couldnt help but feel bad for Yui, poor girl.

all the girls in this show are great. i wish the VN route was real tho
Jul 31, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2013
ToraiS said:
Hei41 said:
Sorry if already asked but does someone know the guitar OST at the beginning of the episode (when Hachiman and Yui are walking in the corridor, just before the opening). I already heard it in the previous episodes and the 2nd season (when Hachiman and sensei are talking on the bridge) but I just couldn't find the OST.

Thanks in advance

Doing a little digging, it's called "Reset Button".

Lylaaz said:
Can someone tell me what PTA or PTO (depends on translation) means in this anime?

I'm sorry but i'm not a native speaker of English. And they keep using it (PTO members)..

PTO probably means "Parents Teachers Organization", other cultures use PTA too which means "Parents Teachers Association". It's a school organization most schools have that deal with anything concerning the parents of the students.

Thanks a lot ! I love this music so much.
Jul 31, 2020 8:19 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome I love Haruno and Hachiman way more now.

Iroha cool. A lot tension about prom

I read this part in light novel as well.

Jul 31, 2020 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
Seeing Yui crying like that made me feel so bad for her. Towards the ending of the episode, the feels were hitting really hard and differently. This show is getting deeper and deeper with every episode. Her feelings for Hachiman and his feelings for Yukinoshita. But seeing Yui made me tear my eyes a bit. Great episode.
Jul 31, 2020 9:03 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
tzy_19 said:
cchigu said:
My dude, to adapt everything they would require 2 cours.

season 1 covered 7 volumes.
season 2 covered 7 volumes.
season 3 is covering 3 volumes.

They could've litereally adapted this season nearly word by word and still have leftover time
S1 adapted 6 and S2 adapted 5. And they skipped 50 percent of the content.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 31, 2020 9:20 AM
Oct 2018
Interesting episode. I'm curious to see how Iroha's role will develop moving on.
--
Jul 31, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
God, why does this episode hurt my heart so much? Poor Yui... :'(

Things were going a bit too well with the prom plans, so I wasn't surprised to see that the prom would have some stiff opposition to it and, sadly, Yukino's mother was involved in this.

Although it's not too clear as to why the small minority within the PTO (Parent Teachers Organisation) would object to the idea of hold a special event like a prom, but Yukino's mother seems to side with them to an extent and her way of wording her argument shows that she really is stern with her approach.

It did leave me feeling a bit conflicted, but in my opinion, I feel that Yukino is too obsessed with trying to prove her point to her mother by trying to handle this all alone. It's true that relying on too much help means that you'll struggle to get things done when you have to do it alone and Haruno does have a point. Having said that, they're times that trying to do everything on your own out of desperation and pride will only hurt you in the end, so having others to help you should be encouraged, not frowned upon.

That's why I feel that Haruno's criticism of Yukino, Yi and Hachiman's "Codependency" is rather hollow and unjust. It's one of the reasons why I didn't like her pessimistic approach in season 2 and she's back to doing just that again in this episode. Admittedly, it's really hard to pinpoint whether she's saying this out of her own opinion or just saying all these things out of her mother's behest, but from the way I see it, she needs to be proven wrong, along with her mother, too. Only time will tell whether our trio can get through this intact.

The biggest pain for me was at the end of the episode. Although Hachiman knew that Shizuka would be leaving, but he wants to uphold his promise that he made to Yukino about saving her.

Sadly, I think that this might've been the final chance for Yui to make her move on Hachiman, but once again, she wants to help her friends and she encourages Hachiman to head back to school to help out Yukino.

This just made her last scene very tough to watch as she went around the corner and broke down into tears. Her feelings for Hachiman is strong, but wanting to put her friends first has effectively ended her chances to be with him. As a big Yui fan, the last scene was tough to swallow. T_T

Overall, this episode was powerful and I look forward to seeing what happens next. In my opinion, I don't think the suffering that our trio, along with Isshiki, are going through with the whole prom plan will end just yet, so I wouldn't surprised if the next episode will be even more depressing, but as an anime only viewer, my prediction could very well be wrong. ^_^;
I can't believe you are an anime only.
But rest assured, next 5 episodes will be a treat.
Jul 31, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2020
People need to pay attention that Yukino asked Hachiman to stay away, so basically she invalidates the previous request "Please Save me someday". Yet Hachiman wants to help her.
Hachiman is the person in fault. He can't let go off a girl and also fails to approach her.
Yukino is in fault too, because she hesitates a lot thinking Hachiman won't be able to handle her and her family.
Yuigahama's main fault is she was a 3rd person since the beginning. Also, she failed to approach him when he was alone.
Jul 31, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2019
thiago52192 said:
At this point, the best ending would be revealing Hachiman have no fucking clue what everyone's is thinking or implying, and they give 1-2 episodes to slowly explain events with more clarity.

I'm a fan of "non-obvious" type of storytelling, but sometimes this show doesn't feel like it has a concrete answer for some scenarios. I'm sure the novel does a better job in telling a story through subtext, but for me, an anime only, it's honestly really hard to care at certain scenarios considering they're extremely ambiguous. It still a good watch, but I really can not give this show more than a 7/10

This. And they overdramatize everything to the point of it feeling so unnatural, especially in the stuff with Yukino. At least Yui's part is handled better imo.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 31, 2020 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
Yui hurted herself because she has already known the relationship between Hachiman and Yukino. But she still tries to get in and not accept that.
Jul 31, 2020 12:10 PM
Oct 2015
ooo333 said:
ShiroHachi said:
This is what I fear when many Hachiman monologues are cut, people will think that Yui still has a chance and think Hachiman's feelings towards them are equal. Lol no, even if Yui confesses there, she will be rejected.

If Yui was to confess to Hachiman during episode 4, there is NO WAY that Hachiman would deny a pretty and sweet girl like Yui. NO WAY that he would pass up on that chance. He would be an idiot if he did, specially someone with a horrible history with woman like Hachiman. It would be the prize at the end of the race. No guy would pass up on a pretty and sweet girl just because there is a possibility that another girl that he likes might say yes to him.
nah man, Hachiman was aware of Yui's feelings since season 1, do you remember when Yui wanted to confess but was blocked by a telephone? In the novel it's clearer, Hachiman deliberately stopped her from doing it. You better not underestimate Hachiman's feelings to Yukino. He was so obsessive, his monologue in the LN was mostly just thinking of Yukino. You will find out in later episodes, how crazy he is about yukino
Jul 31, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
So, the prom is in danger of being cancelled, so who cares, it was Iroha's dumb idea anaywayz....?

So, Yui has that likelihood that she'll be rejected by Hikki, eh who cares Hikki is better off being a herbivore for all I know.
Jul 31, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2020
ShiroHachi said:
nah man, Hachiman was aware of Yui's feelings since season 1, do you remember when Yui wanted to confess but was blocked by a telephone? In the novel it's clearer, Hachiman deliberately stopped her from doing it. You better not underestimate Hachiman's feelings to Yukino. He was so obsessive, his monologue in the LN was mostly just thinking of Yukino. You will find out in later episodes, how crazy he is about yukino

In the earlier volumes, he said to himself that he would never fall in love with a girl like Yukinoshita. Clearly, he has changed since Volume 5.

Hikigaya always reminds himself to "not get the wrong idea" whenever Yui does something that makes his heart skip a beat. This isn't because she doesn't care about Yui's advances, it's just because he doesn't want to get the wrong idea and be hurt again. Clearly, it isn't a clear-cut, one-sided relationship because Hikigaya harbors feelings for Yuigahama too.

Yuigahama knows this, as evidenced by her monologue. She can easily pull some strings and make Yukino back down or stop Hikigaya from saving Yukino. But, she come into terms that she values her friendships, her relationships the three have built around each other, and their own personal growths than her own romantic feelings. Because she is that much of a good girl.
Jul 31, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2018
Dammit. This Episode really makes me emotional. I feel bad for YUIGAHAMA , please stop torturing her..!

BaigSahabJul 31, 2020 2:04 PM
Jul 31, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
Yukinoshita's mother is indeed someone to be rekoned with. Is the daughter ready to face her mother?

It is sad too see Hiratsuka leave the lot, despite the currently ambiguous circumstances of that situation.
Jul 31, 2020 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
CeddyyBearr said:
Farabeuf said:

Hachiman blushes when any woman is within 50 cms of him.

Any woman but we can't forget about Totsuka here as well! Many say he's best girl...

So true, so true. My bad.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2020 2:04 PM

Oct 2018
Ouch yui got rejected the hard way.....those last minutes of the episode really hit the feels. i'm pretty sad that the school just drop support for the prom like that it's like they don't give a sht about their students opinion.it seems that Yukino mom will play a big role in the upcoming episodes i guess.
Jul 31, 2020 2:28 PM
Jul 2020
This episode is very difficult for me to digest. Yui is very sorry, right up to tears.
Jul 31, 2020 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Yui... It's really hard to watch when your favorite character is hurting so much.
Touyama Nao was perfect btw, even more perfect than usual.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 31, 2020 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
Oh my, why is my sight blurry all of a sudden
Jul 31, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2015
For the moment I thought I was rewatchibg White Album 2.

Jul 31, 2020 8:05 PM
Jul 2020
I know I can't be the only one who has seem these eps before, legit ep 1 was the only one that's different. I watched S2 then it aired and I've seen all of this before, haven't read LN or VN so it's not my imagination. S3 is legit S2, smh I really hope I didn't waste a time jump on this anime lmao.
Jul 31, 2020 8:12 PM

Jan 2019
holy shit this is boring. can he just fuck sensei already
Jul 31, 2020 9:07 PM

Oct 2008
OH GOD this episode has too much drama it gets annoyingly entertaining! haha!
This episode Yuigahama LOST!
5/5!

Piromysl said:
For the moment I thought I was rewatchibg White Album 2.

hahaha lolz i totally get you!
matias067Jul 31, 2020 9:11 PM

Jul 31, 2020 10:00 PM

Jan 2017
I feel like this is the first anime I've watched where the MC is aware he's in a love triangle, that's sad. Aaaa I was rooting for Yukino from the start, but I still feel pretty sad for Yui;; MC should've just went with the route where everyone wins aka polyamorous (lol).
Jul 31, 2020 10:26 PM
Dec 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YUI DON'T CRYY

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY WHY WHY WHY
Jul 31, 2020 10:31 PM
Dec 2017
Isshin_Ashina said:
Ouch yui got rejected the hard way.....those last minutes of the episode really hit the feels. i'm pretty sad that the school just drop support for the prom like that it's like they don't give a sht about their students opinion.it seems that Yukino mom will play a big role in the upcoming episodes i guess.
man, it's not about the school dont' care about the students, it's because yukino mom has much more power than the school, and I believe that all money and sponsorship comes through the parent group, and you can't do nothing about that
Jul 31, 2020 10:32 PM
Dec 2017
Atavistic said:
So, if I'm understanding Yukino's mother correctly, she wants the prom cancelled because a few members of the PTO - family friends by the sounds of it - raised a few complaints about the idea because of Japan's ridiculous notion of purity. It's not even a majority of people, just a few influential members arrogantly flexing their influence and going against the majority consensus of being happy with the prom going ahead. The problem is, she's so blatantly antagonistic to the plans that it feels utterly artificial and forced, as if the show couldn't think of any better way to further Yukino's development without an obstacle like this. And then we have Haruno being excessively bitchy (to the point where she ends up feeling as if she's acting out of character) to further drive the point home.

Thankfully, Yui's stuff is handled much better and feels far more natural and impactful as a result.
YEAH MAN JUST LIKE I THOUGHT, and i hate that too
Aug 1, 2020 12:21 AM

May 2013
when hachiman said their relationship is a love triangle, im guessing that implied that he knows both the girls have feelings for him?

codependency. From Haruno's point of view it prob looks a lot like codependency. At the very least as a viewer I don't see it that way.

Am Yui fan. Watching Yui cried broke my heart, but the girl Hachiman needs isn't Yui. Maybe Yui needs someone like Hachiman, but the other want around, Hachiman doesnt need her.
she knows she never did anything to correct Hachiman's methods when he does his things never said it in front of his face that his methods were wrong, maybe she did, but at the very least i don't recall "but i could never give up, let go, refuse the way she did" I'm guessing she's talking about all the previous events and comparing herself to Yukino, that she never refused on Hachimans action and so.
Yui at least understood that it was selfish thinking to make him stop what he wanted to do, shes glad shes glad that her tears stop, yet she wish she was able to tell him dont go.

The person that always straight out told him was Yukino, Yukino is someone that Hachiman needs, feels like Yukino is someone that can help Hachiman grow and be a better person, Hachiman is able to do the same to Yukino too. Therefore i feel like these two are a better fit. Don't really understand why Yukino wants to do something about the prom situation by herself, don't really see the problem with getting help, but its mainly cause I don't understand her methods.

Well thats my understanding of Yui and her situation, i could be completely wrong cause im a dumbass, but thats what I got for it. I already packed my HachimanxYui bag long time ago. Had a blast watching the ep. Looking forward to what is to come.
Aug 1, 2020 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
Feel bad for Yui, I remember I wanted Yukino to win when I first watched this all those years ago but Yui grew on me. Too much suffering ;-;
Aug 1, 2020 12:27 AM

Jan 2020
being yui is suffering
Aug 1, 2020 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
Unrequited love just hurt so much :(
Aug 1, 2020 1:46 AM

Aug 2018
Dafuq?.. Hachiman being excited about drinks machine so much he's even posing with peace sign in front of it?.. What?.. ;D Don't know, why, really.. He says that design is good.. Well, no idea, why he likes it that much, lol..
Talk about future studies, job and dreams, huh?.. Well, quite a talk Yui is having with Hachiman.. Also while together on the bed, fufufu.. ;P But joking aside, yeah, Hachiman and Yui really hang out and talk sometimes about all kinds of stuff..
Dances are unbecoming of high schoolers?.. Really?.. You go with that?.. ;D I'd understand if it was putting someone into shameful position or something.. But criticizing dancing culture as unbecoming?.. Dancing culture isn't unbecoming, don't discriminate dancing culture.. ;P
But in the end it's all about rich guys deciding to do the fuck they want, I guess.. Well, world is like that, yeah.. I mean.. All of talk was really "bla bla".. It doesn't really matter.. What matter pretty much is that some rich guys asked Yukino's mom to make thank-you party different, and that's pretty much it..
I don't really understand, what Haruno and Hiratsuka sensei were talking about.. That Hiratsuka won't be supporting them in later proms?.. Why?.. I'm confused what they're talking about at all, to be honest.. Can someone explain?.. Is it again hint that Shizuka sensei is going to leave school or something?.. Well, as we saw her as if packing her stuff or something in earlier episode, but it wasn't touched more after that.. It's confusing, really, and I'm not sure anime should scatter these mentions here and there, it's a bit hard to keep them in mind with weekly episode..
Eh?.. So what is the term for relationships between Yui, Yukino and Hachiman?.. But even if there is a term, there are all kinds of terms existing, which are not necessary true.. As well as it feels that this term would probably be just pathologizing one.. And be a pathologizing term?.. Well, isn't that nice that there is pressuring term that makes you do something what other person wants, isn't it?.. ;P In the end, really, Yui, Yukino and Hachiman should decide themselves, what they want in relationship.. Not some term.. ;P
And I think Yukino is really pathologizing there herself, really.. Asking for help = being/ becoming useless?.. Eh, I don't know about that.. Some work even isn't possible to be done without the team assigned, responsibilities assigned, and stuff.. On the other hand, she can want to do one things or other on her own, if she wants to.. Just that her reasoning is questionable, and could be confronted by others really rather than accepted.. In this series overall this type of thinking arises at many places, and everyone is just suffering because of it, lol.. When they could confront it.. It feels strange everyone agrees with this thing in their heart.. Maybe it's Japanese thing or something, to not bother other people or something..
Codependency?.. Really?.. ;D Well, stop pathologizing codependency then and think right and clear, please, everyone.. ;P Codependency isn't bad thing, some work only can be done in group, do you have some brain to understand that?.. ;D
And why trust and codependency can't coexist?.. ;D Seriously.. This comes a bit out of nowhere, it feels.. They weren't really doing things for each other to extents that would make you say.. "She/he can't do anything on their own!" Like, what?.. ;D Name at least 3 cases when they did something like that.. ;D It's total BS and comes out of nowhere, really.. And it's also inefficient thinking to add.. You must learn that group is important.. Like how Yukino tried to do everything on her own, for example, in festival arc at the end of season 1, where she got sick.. You need to be an adult to understand and work on group forming and ruling skills, not to do everything on your own, lol.. It's all just total BS, to be honest.. ;P
Yeah, at 19:28 Hachiman mentions Hiratsuka sensei leaving school.. So it was it after all.. Well, it came a bit out of nowhere.. But, I guess, that's the thing?.. That Hiratsuka just made these things on her own.. She might have been forced or something, we don't know.. Or maybe it was her own wish.. But either way she wanted to make all preparations to leave by herself.. Well, on the other hand.. Not like students has to learn about stuff like that, really..
So Yui continues to ship Hachiman and Yukino, I guess?.. Why, I wonder.. After everything we had.. She just feels that Yukino is better pair for Hachiman, I guess?..
Oh, episode names after Hiratsuka Shizuka next time.. Hope will be interesting.. I like sensei.. And yeah.. This episode.. Yui continues suffering pushing her feelings aside.. But before that she had nice hanging out with Hachiman, I guess.. And prom matters.. I guess 2 things from here.. That rich people pushing what they want sucks, but that's how world works sometimes.. And also really thoughts about pathologizing.. Pathologizing in our society is really a common thing, isn't it?.. We pathologize all the time.. Putting accents on the bad side of things.. I think in some cases people might want to resist pathologizing.. And look if the thing is indeed bad, or it's just unreal view, pushing you into the something other person, group or society wants of you.. Codependency - one of those things.. It's not even bad term to begin with, lol.. But really if you're also using such pushes as "as an adult, you have to".. No, that's not how it works.. ;P As an adult you need to learn how to organize group work as well in some cases.. Not in all, but group work is required as well.. So this episode mostly, perhaps, gives me this feeling of resistance.. Of maybe if some next time someone will push their pathologizations on me.. I'll just either say or think to myself.. Man, that's just so pathologizing and actually biased.. ;D
Aug 1, 2020 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
Being a Yui stan, this episode really hits it painfully harder than the last (which Yui has found out about Yukinon and Hachiman's progressing relationship after last episode's cliffhanger).

Whether may it be spending time in school or shopping outside together, Yui's feelings for Hachiman floats in the air without being concrete, which speaks of their continuous friendship.

Yukinon's mom appearing in school and giving a long pep talk about dismissing the prom altogether to stop Yukinon and the others in her tracks, that was such a low-ball move. What Hachiman said was true though, she is a hard-fought woman with no logic to suppress, even with hard evidence. They're truly in a deadlock.

Haruno knowing that the trio's relationship being a love triangle was VERY disturbingly subtle (even though Hachiman also blurts out with disdain), and now her answer straight from Episode 2: it's the Service Club's CO-DEPENDENCY that causes all the friction from Season 2 thereout (or more simply: BALANCE).

The only thing balancing both Hachiman and Yukinon is their dependence on each other, and Yui taking a major L with a continuous cry of tears is just disheartening and saddening.

Lots of onions were shredded with this episode...now I'm wondering what will be the outcome of everything.
Aug 1, 2020 5:29 AM
Apr 2014
I think the yui crying scene wasn't good timing for it or not necessary. Besides, in previous season yui also asked hachiman to help yukino when she got a problem, so i think yui should be prepare for this happen.
Aug 1, 2020 6:01 AM

Feb 2014
cchigu said:
Syureria said:
Nothing happened
Idk if you are joking but

That was sad. Also wasn't Hiki thinking of his future with her at this part?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 1, 2020 6:43 AM

Apr 2015
they aren't sponsoring max coffee anymore whyyy?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 1, 2020 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
I said this before and I'll say it again: remember how 8man treated Yui's cookies? he just put it in a drawer and let it rot forever.

HE. DOESN'T. GIVE. A. FUCK. ABOUT. YUI!

Aug 1, 2020 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
I really wish there's a meme that goes like this:

heroine: I want to be a bride in the future!
meme: what did you majored in?
heroine: *this kind of major*
meme: did you ever went to school to do bridal training and housekeeping?

Aug 1, 2020 8:30 AM
Jan 2013
MSK3 said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't even fucking like Yui that much, but FUck. this was just a shitty way to do her. Why can't we jsut let everyone be happy. SHiT, another 7 days of waiting. Hopefully we can keep up the good shit that's been coming for the rest of the season.

This is the fate of all secondary leads in a love triangle. It sucks because the authors make us like them too. They are often introduced as being quite antagonistic to the MC, then learning to value them and expressing their feelings far more openly and honestly than the primary lead. But we know they are going to lose. We hope, but our hope is crushed in the end.
Aug 1, 2020 8:39 AM
Jan 2013
FTKHRTTGLEL said:
Can someone please explain this whole fiasco to me? Like in what way did 8man reject yui,

The answer is in the words Hachiman did not say. When sensei asks him multiple times why he insists on coming back to help Yukino when Yukino herself has asked him to stay away, Hachiman basically gets embarrassed and says that "he promised to save her."

But this is in complete contrast to Hachiman's character. Think back to the Hachiman we saw at the start of the series. He is lazy. He does not want to socialize with anyone. Sensei basically forces him into the club and forces him to help others. So why is he being so proactive now, especially considering he even has the excuse of baking a cake for Komachi? It has to be because he has strong feelings for her, even if he is unable to express it.

Another contrast is that Yui goes on a 'date' with Hachiman using the excuse of getting a present for Komachi. but he does not really seem invested in it, even if he is a lot more outspoken and friendly that before. But when he hears that Yukino might be in trouble, he drops everything, calls up sensei and leaves on the spot. His attitude to the two girls is very different. Yui is a close friend, since he does not really engage with other women in the same way as he does sensei, Yui, Yukino or Saki. But Yukino is clearly a step above this.

The difference is just cruel. I have a bad habit of siding with the secondary lead in these situations, so as usual I got burnt. Poor Yui.
Aug 1, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2014
Finally a good episode!!
It didn't feel as forced and actually had some decent plot progression.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hachiman ended up with (Spoilers) right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

11 by taiseiyosankai »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

190 by ViSpace »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Aug 6, 2020

133 by ViSpace »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Jul 23, 2020

146 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2020

201 by ViSpace »»
May 31, 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.