Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 15, 2020 10:53 PM
May 2010
Tiau said:
NHS-KEMISH said:

yeah I know he is aware after s3, he even might be aware since the beginning (reading the LN readers comments sounds like that, maybe not aware but knowing his arm has more power than the IB). But before this incident on Railgun did he know about this powers? Because this will be the second time he manifested this "true power"...

He was somewhat aware of what happened in the second arc, we do not know if he knew since the beginning of the series it's the second time we've seen the dragons timeline wise but not the 2nd time within the entire series. You have to keep in mind that Railgun adds things to connect with the latest Index arcs, but not timeline wise.

Ohhh ok, so that's how the author manages the spin offs, I get it now. So it would be safe to assume before this battle he wasn't aware of this type of power, and after activating the dragon power he now knows sth is going on with his arm not only IB....???
May 15, 2020 10:53 PM
May 2010
Laplace_kun said:
salamander750 said:
Stop trying to explain anything to Railgun-anime only. They even think this is a power up, don't bother to reason with them.

Honestly, I won't even reply anymore. I give calm arguments, and they just hold their ground stubbornly, going back to square one. If they refuse to accept what is right, and remain with their conservative approach, let them be. And I was actually trying to help them because not everyone can waste their time , like reading 40+ novels and even the Railgun manga. Picking up on Touma has become a unique trait of these people, and that makes it look even more pathetic. They refuse to accept logic or reason. They take facts as defensive arguments. And they are still adopting that childish mentality of being fascinated by power-levels and expecting everything to go as they want it to be. They even criticize the author without reading his work, when they haven't got the least sense of how simple things like plot development, character depth or world building works. Or they just know these things very well, but holding onto their opinions for satisfying their blind ego...

I mean you have all the right to have your own opinions. But there is a way of doing that, without blaming the creator, inserting wrong/forgotten information (which might confuse other anime-onlys) and not pointing out what was actually wrong. I mean, in my original post I did say that the episode felt rushed. And the way Index adaptation was done, there are many who would simply take Touma as that 'black haired generic Mc whom we should know everything about because we are supposed to self-insert into him'. So they could have said that this moment felt unearned in the anime, which is correct criticism. This could have been pointed out as a narrative mediocrity. More funny is the thing is that if any other character like Misaka or Accelerator does something like this, without any logic, they will just accept it like 'oh so coooool' and 'wow so OP'.

I asked you, and only ignored it :(
May 15, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2019
@Tiau One day they tell you that Touma can die from some rubble when he survived the fall of that floating island in Index III, while others tell you that he cannot even die.
May 15, 2020 11:13 PM

Nov 2019
NHS-KEMISH said:

I wasn't referring to you in any way. I am referring to close-mindedness and conservatism of a certain portion of the fandom. (Who knows, even I might be one of them). I mean I am anime-only in almost all amine I have seen, and tend to be confused about events.
Somebody else more or less answered your question while I was offline, so I didn't want to make things complicated by adding more.

Basically, Index OT, if you read carefully, hints that Touma's arm has things unknown and unheard of. With very few Easter eggs and hints, it was kept hidden from the reader, as both Touma and the people accompanying him had no knowledge of it. So when he unleashes Invisible Thing against Fiamma, the readers got that satisfaction of finally getting their expectations met.
It was thus, a gift from the author when he reveals the dragons in the side-story of Railgun manga instead of the original novel. The fans felt rewarded, because this was a moment they were waiting for, for YEARS.
However the haphazard adaptation of Index amine, which lacks depth, made even the main plot points seem irrelevant to people. (CASUAL WATCHING INTENSIFIES). Forget about theorizing and looking for trivia, trying even to understand the main story required effort. Index III made matters worse, by high density info-dumping. So anime -onlys did not get the feeling of anticipation. They felt these moments of Touma were unearned and uncalled for.
Laplace_kunMay 15, 2020 11:17 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 15, 2020 11:26 PM
Oct 2018
NHS-KEMISH said:
Tiau said:

He was somewhat aware of what happened in the second arc, we do not know if he knew since the beginning of the series it's the second time we've seen the dragons timeline wise but not the 2nd time within the entire series. You have to keep in mind that Railgun adds things to connect with the latest Index arcs, but not timeline wise.

Ohhh ok, so that's how the author manages the spin offs, I get it now. So it would be safe to assume before this battle he wasn't aware of this type of power, and after activating the dragon power he now knows sth is going on with his arm not only IB....???

I would say it's safe to assume he knew something was up since the time it happened against the alchemist and this arc reinforced this idea. It's also safe to assume he doesn't question it mostly because it's entirely in his favor.

Laplace_kun said:
NHS-KEMISH said:

I wasn't referring to you in any way. I am referring to close-mindedness and conservatism of a certain portion of the fandom. (Who knows, even I might be one of them). I mean I am anime-only in almost all amine I have seen, and tend to be confused about events.
Somebody else more or less answered your question while I was offline, so I didn't want to make things complicated by adding more.

Basically, Index OT, if you read carefully, hints that Touma's arm has things unknown and unheard of. With very few Easter eggs and hints, it was kept hidden from the reader, as both Touma and the people accompanying him had no knowledge of it. So when he unleashes Invisible Thing against Fiamma, the readers got that satisfaction of finally getting their expectations met.
It was thus, a gift from the author when he reveals the dragons in the side-story of Railgun manga instead of the original novel. The fans felt rewarded, because this was a moment they were waiting for, for YEARS.
However the haphazard adaptation of Index amine, which lacks depth, made even the main plot points seem irrelevant to people. (CASUAL WATCHING INTENSIFIES). Forget about theorizing and looking for trivia, trying even to understand the main story required effort. Index III made matters worse, by high density info-dumping. So anime -onlys did not get the feeling of anticipation. They felt these moments of Touma were unearned and uncalled for.

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with some of this post on the other hand though, while it is true there are hints about the purpose of Touma, it wasn't until NT that we actually got any hints and easter eggs(heh) worth mentioning. When Fiamma got attacked by IT the fanbase had no idea what that was, it was above our expectations. Infact even now, when the dragons got revealed in Railgun there wasn't really any clear signs how seperate the two are if any, it was until much later people could answer this question(and even then the theories forms are not universal, people argue about this stuff everyday in some places). The thing the anime adaptation really missed out on is the conclusion of how Touma feels about himself as a person, I can argue that the feeling of "what the fuck is that" that some anime onlys have is pretty much the same reaction some people had reading the novels
May 15, 2020 11:27 PM
Oct 2018
RayReynolds said:
@Tiau One day they tell you that Touma can die from some rubble when he survived the fall of that floating island in Index III, while others tell you that he cannot even die.
I don't know about that post, but just because someone really wants to wank Touma doesn't mean he didn't need help in this arc, he got saved twice here
May 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Nov 2019
Tiau said:

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with some of this post on the other hand though, while it is true there are hints about the purpose of Touma, it wasn't until NT that we actually got any hints and easter eggs(heh) worth mentioning. When Fiamma got attacked by IT the fanbase had no idea what that was, it was above our expectations. Infact even now, when the dragons got revealed in Railgun there wasn't really any clear signs how seperate the two are if any, it was until much later people could answer this question(and even then the theories forms are not universal, people argue about this stuff everyday in some places). The thing the anime adaptation really missed out on is the conclusion of how Touma feels about himself as a person, I can argue that the feeling of "what the fuck is that" that some anime onlys have is pretty much the same reaction some people had reading the novels

Yeah, I agree, but it wasn't out of expectations or felt like a deus ex machina. The shock factor was important after all. But in the anime version, it is more of an unearned and out of place shock.
Laplace_kunMay 15, 2020 11:49 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 15, 2020 11:47 PM

Apr 2018
Wait, since when did Touma got dragons on his right hand?

The last part was hilarious lmao. I hope Touma would notice Misaka's feelings
May 15, 2020 11:55 PM
Oct 2018
Laplace_kun said:
Tiau said:

Yeah, I agree, but it wasn't out of expectations or felt like a deus ex machina. The shock factor was important after all. But in the anime version, it is more of an unearned and out of place shock.

I'm not really sure, at least I can say the way the scene was presented it worked well atmosphere and direction wise(also the similarities between this scene and the one in this episode bring up some more questions within the fanbase). At least anyone who's stuck with Index 3 at that point isn't gonna call out Touma as a des ex machina, actually at least in regard to that part people seemed more hype for what's to come(at least the people who do reactions anyways, speaking of which I should look at some for this moment as well)
May 16, 2020 12:00 AM

Nov 2019
Tiau said:
Laplace_kun said:

I'm not really sure, at least I can say the way the scene was presented it worked well atmosphere and direction wise(also the similarities between this scene and the one in this episode bring up some more questions within the fanbase). At least anyone who's stuck with Index 3 at that point isn't gonna call out Touma as a des ex machina, actually at least in regard to that part people seemed more hype for what's to come(at least the people who do reactions anyways, speaking of which I should look at some for this moment as well)

May 16, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2017
Holy that was dope, Touma's dragon attack animation was great and nice once again he saves Misaka. Good conclusion to this arc.

Awwww Misaka blushing looked so cute and Misaka x Touma moments were sweet af.
May 16, 2020 12:18 AM
Jul 2017
RayReynolds said:

Posting a joke/nonsense post from the wiki means nothing Railgun-anime only. In truth, it just show that you has no knowledge of the franchise that you rely on a dumb comment on the wiki.
May 16, 2020 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
RayReynolds said:
@Tiau One day they tell you that Touma can die from some rubble when he survived the fall of that floating island in Index III,

it slowly sank into the ocean it's not like it dropped like a meteor. if it dropped like a meteor everyone on the planet would have died. the floating island was big enough to cause a 2nd KT impact that killed the dinosaurs.

and touma did "die." anime didn't explain it well at all once again. the explaining is left for me.

your not even suppose to know he survived in the final volume of OT.

Birdway practically brought him back from the dead. which is why he feels so indebted to her in NT.

salamander750 said:
RayReynolds said:

Posting a joke/nonsense post from the wiki means nothing Railgun-anime only. In truth, it just show that you has no knowledge of the franchise that you rely on a dumb comment on the wiki.
also crowleys already shoots that entire theory in the foot at the last volume of OT literally mocking fiamma for trying to explain touma and his right arm within the constraints of Christianity.

Laplace_kun said:

honestly that scene only flaw was the music should have been more dark and looming rather then upbeat. it would convey that moment better. while index season 3 is a mess the music was well done this would have fit for the dragons better.
GrimAtramentMay 16, 2020 12:31 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 16, 2020 12:48 AM

Nov 2019
hazarddex said:

honestly that scene only flaw was the music should have been more dark and looming rather then upbeat. it would convey that moment better. while index season 3 is a mess the music was well done this would have fit for the dragons better.

That was sarcasm from me. That was as much empathetic I could get, by putting on the shoes of the casual watcher...
May 16, 2020 12:58 AM
Oct 2018
hazarddex said:
RayReynolds said:
@Tiau One day they tell you that Touma can die from some rubble when he survived the fall of that floating island in Index III,

it slowly sank into the ocean it's not like it dropped like a meteor. if it dropped like a meteor everyone on the planet would have died. the floating island was big enough to cause a 2nd KT impact that killed the dinosaurs.

and touma did "die." anime didn't explain it well at all once again. the explaining is left for me.

your not even suppose to know he survived in the final volume of OT.

Birdway practically brought him back from the dead. which is why he feels so indebted to her in NT.

May 16, 2020 1:13 AM
May 2017
I know I don't keep up with anything Index related, but I was like
May 16, 2020 1:27 AM

Jul 2016
hazarddex said:
so editor releaseed a bunch of lore facts about each dragon

So glad that they finally explained the stuffs about the dragons and why the land were suddenly frozen after the dragons was summoned.

I wonder if this is a sign that Kamachi will reveal more about the dragons and IT in later GT volumes?

hazarddex said:
This dragon specializes in psychological attacks. If it bites you, you could have your memories destroyed.

So this is why Izzard lost his memory at the end of OT2, I always thought he lost it due to being too scared at Touma's "berserk" lol.
May 16, 2020 1:52 AM

Feb 2017
Abysswalker116 said:
As someone who's only seen the anime, and didn't know what to expect, the multiple Dragonheads just felt like a complete asspull and I didn't like that at all.

Otherwise good episode, especially the part with Kongo.

Those dragon/s were already shown in Index S(1 or 2) Ep9
May 16, 2020 1:55 AM

Oct 2008
bwahaha! Kuroko so mad at the thought of Misaka & Touma getting together!
5/5.

May 16, 2020 2:03 AM

Feb 2011
hazarddex said:
okay jc staff no seriously WHERE IS THIS EFFORT WITH INDEX?

It's most definitely a director effort. Railgun's director should teach Index's how to properly adapt this kind of material.
May 16, 2020 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
Railgun fans never fail to disappoint. You could give them lines and lines that prove the opposite of what they say and will just ignore it.
Anything Touma does an asspull.... Touma never gets help....Dude wouldnt even be able to beat himself without getting help from every other character in the series.

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
hazarddex said:

So glad that they finally explained the stuffs about the dragons and why the land were suddenly frozen after the dragons was summoned.

I wonder if this is a sign that Kamachi will reveal more about the dragons and IT in later GT volumes?

hazarddex said:
This dragon specializes in psychological attacks. If it bites you, you could have your memories destroyed.

So this is why Izzard lost his memory at the end of OT2, I always thought he lost it due to being too scared at Touma's "berserk" lol.
Pretty sure the "freezed" stuff was Shadow Metal.

Gunha's powers, Misaka's 5.2~ powers and Touma's Dragons all together created it. It is just one of the confirmed urban legends Saten talks about.

May 16, 2020 5:02 AM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:

Gunha's powers, Misaka's 5.2~ powers and Touma's Dragons all together created it. It is just one of the confirmed urban legends Saten talks about.

ya railgun tends to prove saten's urben legends true
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 16, 2020 5:15 AM

Apr 2014
As a great man once said: "Of all the stupid! Asinine! SHARK JUMPING BULLSHIT!"
May 16, 2020 6:41 AM

Dec 2015
hey guys i don't know anything about the main series but i'm gonna complain anyway and you can't criticize my opinion even if i said some wrong information.
May 16, 2020 6:51 AM

Jan 2019
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
hey guys i don't know anything about the main series but i'm gonna complain anyway and you can't criticize my opinion even if i said some wrong information.
when it comes to anime, you can never be wrong /s
May 16, 2020 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
hazarddex said:
Oh cool. I was hyped that we finally learned their colors, mostly because any new info on IB/IT/Dragons is welcome (I believe this is the first time we see that). Good stuff good stuff

I should start GT asap.
May 16, 2020 7:01 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was totally Awesome!

Newver expected to see more dragons in Rail Gun spin off than it did show in the original Index Touma's very own story line.

hazarddex said:

@ssjokg

@MahiaErebeaNegi

"The four-eyed dragon has multiple eye powers. It has illusion and hypnotism powers that can blur the line between dreams and reality. It is also a singer with a beautiful voice that can shatter even Shadow Metal."

The one-eyed cobra dragon is a water dragon that summons rainstorms. Its fangs contain the undiluted concept of poison, so anything living it bites will either die or experience a fate worse than death.

The blind dragon is a darkness dragon. It too has a powerful psychological effect, so you'll be overcome with terror and confusion when it's nearby.

The corpse flame dragon is an undead fire dragon with flames erupting from its bones. It damages things with an energy drain that seemingly burns life force itself.

The ice crystal dragon is as tough and solid as the planet itself and it breaths ice.

The spear head dragon releases lightning from its body and fires lasers from its mouth.

Abysswalker116 said:
As someone who's only seen the anime, and didn't know what to expect, the multiple Dragonheads just felt like a complete asspull and I didn't like that at all.

Otherwise good episode, especially the part with Kongo.

your not an anime watcher your a railgun only watcher if you think it was an asspull

was in literally season 1 of index episode 9

LAPX said:
What was with the dragons coming from Kamijou’s arm and then the arm healing? The only time we saw anything like this before was the Deep Blood arc in Index but I thought that was because of the reality distortion stuff

anime adaptation didn't adress it well (again what a surpise.)

In novel styl writes it off as a distortion, but touma felt as if there was more to it then that because how it erased the alchemists memories.
May 16, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2010
Magmafrost said:
As a great man once said: "Of all the stupid! Asinine! SHARK JUMPING BULLSHIT!"

series built on the concept of two supernatural powers of espers and magic.

dragons being foreshadowed since the first book ever published.

dragons show up in 2nd volume and in anime season 1 of index ep 9.

series continues to build up world building around the idea of dragons angels and other mythical beings.

railgun gaiden manga reaches chapter 67 on march 2014

gaiden
is a Japanese-language word meaning " side story" or "tale", used to refer to an anecdote or supplementary biography of a person. The use of gaiden is commonly used in popular Japanese fiction to refer to a spin-off of a previously published work that is neither officially considered a sequel nor a prequel. However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback.

index novel at this point is at it's second series Toaru Majutsu no Index Light New testament Volume 9 January 10, 2014 (i.e well past the points covered in Index III)

no one paying attention to the series around this point would call it jumping the shark.

May 16, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2020
Tiau said:
Tsukkomii said:
Was not expecting the fight to end within the first minute but that cut with Touma’s dragons was pretty awesome. Too bad the anime adaptation of Index doesn’t do so well to explain this.

Honestly, Kongou has been one of the best characters this whole season so far. That was an amazing moment between her and Misaka.

And Saten coming in as the best wingman. I genuinely want more moments between Touma and the Railgun crew; it’s so awkward but so great at the same time.

And next week is looking to conclude the whole debacle with Mitori and Misaki, hope to see some more on her past.

Eh, the anime isn't at fault here, there's literally no concrete explanation to give you, even now there only remains theories about Touma's arm

Oh yeah, after seeing what Index LN readers have been saying, I could totally see how ambiguous Touma’s mysterious powers still are. I just love the thought of his Imagine Breaker actually being the limiter or weights to his true power.
May 16, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2019
Tbf, it took me a bit to figure out where the dragons came from. I completely forgot about the one that appeared in Index I, so it made more sense afterwards when I remembered. For some reason I mostly remember his arm being ripped off when he fought Fiamma. But, at least I know when it gets ripped off there's some mysterious shit about it.

For someone who is Railgun anime-only, I guess that's how it is.
May 16, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2017
Episode felt rushed...but still good.

Really liked that scene where Uiharu and Saten realized what's going on and went full wingwomen.
May 16, 2020 11:05 AM
Nov 2015
Finnaly touma get great adaptation he deserve to showcase his true power.

Seriously JC staff you should make that dragon long time ago since toaru no index 3 vs fianma.
May 16, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
Touma's Dragons look cool!

Usually, Misaki's power in bad hands (another author) could be just to erase memory and degrade character development but in this case it makes a lot of sense. It prevents Kuroko and the rest investigate further and be victims of the Dark Side of the City. I appreciate that in this arc even secondary characters have been given enough screentime and motivations!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 16, 2020 12:48 PM

Feb 2019
woah gentlemen I comment a lot of trash against to Misaka but nobody cares, I casually say one thing about touma that was not even specially bad thing and automatically everyone to defend it. It's not like they retcon, it so it felt like it went backwards on Mikoto's character wasn't something really negative, it just makes it clear that even here she is not the protagonist.

@Nurguburu hypocrite
May 16, 2020 12:53 PM
Oct 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
hazarddex said:

It's most definitely a director effort. Railgun's director should teach Index's how to properly adapt this kind of material.

Honestly, it isn't really a director effort issue(Index actually always delivered in big scenes like these, even in S3 with it's own reveal for the MCs). The issue is pretty much production side of things, we even learned that the people who animated these spots was supposed to work on Index III but couldn't due to the scheduling. If they had gotten what they wanted like more episodes from the production committee things would be very different.

redcobra said:

Seriously JC staff you should make that dragon long time ago since toaru no index 3 vs fianma.

There's a reason why things are different, and it isn't really a matter of them not wanting to use a dragon or not. It is a intentional thing on both ends, the question really remains for you why do you think that is?
May 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2017
RayReynolds said:
woah gentlemen I comment a lot of trash against to Misaka but nobody cares, I casually say one thing about touma that was not even specially bad thing and automatically everyone to defend it. It's not like they retcon, it so it felt like it went backwards on Mikoto's character wasn't something really negative, it just makes it clear that even here she is not the protagonist.

@Nurguburu hypocrite

What? Can u elaborate ur comment?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 16, 2020 1:00 PM

Apr 2015
am I the only one who thought "oh no, the story won't match up" when Touma reminded Saten about the charm and the scavenger hunt? that's way too good to extend the series.

I don't remember Kuroko beating up the girl in the sewers THAT way, before Shokuho shows up.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 16, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2019
jc staff animating railgun: queen i will wipe your ass for you, i will wake up in the crack of dawn to make you breakfast crafted by god himself, do your laundry, kiss your feet just literally shit in my mouth if you want i will lay my life for you any day-

jc staff animating literally anything else: get back in the fields you fat fucking whore go starve for all i care if you even fucking look at me ill spit on you you worthless bitch
May 16, 2020 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
RayReynolds said:

@Nurguburu hypocrite

She isnt the protagonist because someone that has way less screen time than her, in her show, saved her?

What logic is this?

And how did it go backwards on Misaka's character?
May 16, 2020 1:33 PM

Feb 2011
Tiau said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Honestly, it isn't really a director effort issue(Index actually always delivered in big scenes like these, even in S3 with it's own reveal for the MCs). The issue is pretty much production side of things, we even learned that the people who animated these spots was supposed to work on Index III but couldn't due to the scheduling. If they had gotten what they wanted like more episodes from the production committee things would be very different.

redcobra said:

There's a reason why things are different, and it isn't really a matter of them not wanting to use a dragon or not. It is a intentional thing on both ends, the question really remains for you why do you think that is?

This production is literally plagued by a global pandemic and it managed to be better than Index S3. Not sure what you're talking about tbh.

Also this DEFINITELY has better storyboarding and direction than Index S3, lmao.
May 16, 2020 1:38 PM
Oct 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Tiau said:

This production is literally plagued by a global pandemic and it managed to be better than Index S3. Not sure what you're talking about tbh.

Also this DEFINITELY has better storyboarding and direction than Index S3, lmao.

You should read up on what happened with Index III in regards to production, it's actually funny how a pandemic still isn't as fucked up as a producer trying to force the staff to stuff as many volumes as possible while also not wanting to give them either more episodes or more time on top of both telling the director about the season late AND giving them a now or never attitude meaning they couldn't get their best animators(some of which, as I said were going to work on Index III, the same people who are doing T right now), at least these delays got put to good use by the animators as we've seen on their twitters. I personally think Index 3 did a good job on it's big moments like

TiauMay 16, 2020 1:44 PM
May 16, 2020 1:49 PM

May 2015
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Source for the dragons abilities? I am very interested because such info was never released in the novels.

js06 (the LN translator) translated them from the manga editor twitter
https://twitter.com/js_06
+ they released a special illustration

Wait... i can only see 7 dragons explained. What is the power of the other "golden" one? You know the one between green and lightning dragon on postcard
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
forgive me for being an animeonly, but even reading all the comments here, there are still problems with the dragons.

1. does touma even know this? and I mean ALL of the dragons in him?
2. or was that just a product of having GUTS?
3. does he know the extent of their power?
4. what was his assurance that he'll survive the sphere attack? why would he even jump straight towards death?
5. I mean they (touma and the guts guy) were having problems GETTING CLOSER to Misaka.

this is just lousy writing. I can easily spot lousy writing and filled with plotholes as this is coming from an avid visual novel reader. the confusion is definitely justified. basically, if he knew the extent of his dragon powers why even struggle? if he doesn't knew does he have a death wish when he jumped directly towards Misaka?

incidentally this is why I'm more of an Accelerator fan. at least he's consistent with his character! and yes I'll say it: this isn't Touma at all. the Touma we know from season 1 is a fukou-da character. a very unlucky guy. not a hero that will jump without any insurance he'll survive at all.
kidlat020May 16, 2020 1:59 PM

May 16, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
kidlat020 said:
forgive me for being an animeonly, but even reading all the comments here, there are still problems with the dragons.

4. what was his assurance that he'll survive the sphere attack? why would he even jump straight towards death?
5. I mean they (touma and the guts guy) were having problems GETTING CLOSER to Misaka.

this is just lousy writing. I can easily spot lousy writing and filled with plotholes as this is coming from an avid visual novel reader. the confusion is definitely justified. basically, if he knew the extent of his dragon powers why even struggle? if he doesn't knew does he have a death wish when he jumped directly towards Misaka?

as another avid reader of books visual novels AND light novels.

1. touma lost his memory since season 1, but he had some idea of the dragons due to events in season 1 episode 9 where the dragon king made its debut. dragons have been references constantly since then. there are also several hits about toumas past including angel fall where his dad told him the place he grew up in saw him as a god of pestilence.

railgun chapter 67 which this is the adaptation of was released a few months after NT 9 which explains a lot about Imagine breakers origin. so while chronologically it takes place before outside the w timeline the author wrote railgun to begin with as a basically explanation and teaser for stuff in the main series. he fully expects people to have read the main series before reading any of railgun. which is why railguns manga title is railgun gaiden

2. No nothing to do with guts but part of crowley's plan and dragons are mentioned in the fittingly named dragon arc when accelerator and co are trying to get baggage on Crowley. again this is a novel that was written before the manga and index season 3 even adapted it (although cutting out most the details.)

3. No he does not future NT novels expand on this. this moment was meant to serves as a teaser for the next main arc in NT.

4. you seem to not understand his character not surprising as the anime butcher it. please remember he was quite willing to die at the end of index season 3 and in several arcs prior to that. such as the sister arc vs accelerator to save everyone. touma while very strategic tends to see himself as the only piece that can be sacrificed on the board. he already views himself as having died since the end of the first arc of index.

5. doesn't look like a question just rambling.

GrimAtramentMay 16, 2020 2:08 PM

May 16, 2020 2:05 PM

Apr 2014
hazarddex said:

That's cause Railgun >>>>>>>∞>>>>>>>> Index. Index S3 anime never happened.

Touma's Dragon Attack was as awesome as Goku's Dragon Fist back in the Dragon Ball Z movie: Warth of the Dragon movie.

May 16, 2020 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
hazarddex said:

index novels >>>>>> spin off material>>>>>>>>>>∞>>>> anime adaptation.

railgun has had a bunch of flaws in it as well this would be the first solid season.

railgun 1 filler and the entire railgun S filler arc that even the railgun editor said was a mistake that should never had happened.

May 16, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
hazarddex said:

railgun 1 filler and the entire railgun S filler arc that even the railgun editor said was a mistake that should never had happened.
Dunno, I found the fillers with Febri very good and if I didn't read the manga then I wouldn't knew that this was a filler. Felt like it was a part of the story.
May 16, 2020 2:16 PM

Feb 2010
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
hazarddex said:

Dunno, I found the fillers with Febri very good and if I didn't read the manga then I wouldn't knew that this was a filler. Felt like it was a part of the story.

heh no it's non canon confirmed as well.

even railgun T starts out with the two swim club members mentioning how they never been in a fight before.

which contradicts silent party arc where they were fighting.

but this never happened and Febri never existed not to mention Crowley would never allow such a silly dark side organization to exist especially one not under control of a kihara.

and misaka would never ask her friends for help and would only try to force them away. this is a trait she keeps all the way into NT.

May 16, 2020 2:17 PM
Oct 2018
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
hazarddex said:

Touma's Dragon Attack was as awesome as Goku's Dragon Fist back in the Dragon Ball Z movie: Warth of the Dragon movie.

Now that I would say is exaggeration, it really isn't as good as Dragon Fist
May 16, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
hazarddex said:
kidlat020 said:

as another avid reader of books visual novels AND light novels.

1. touma lost his memory since season 1, but he had some idea of the dragons due to events in season 1 episode 9 where the dragon king made its debut. dragons have been references constantly since then. there are also several hits about toumas past including angel fall where his dad told him the place he grew up in saw him as a god of pestilence.

railgun chapter 67 which this is the adaptation of was released a few months after NT 9 which explains a lot about Imagine breakers origin. so while chronologically it takes place before outside the w timeline the author wrote railgun to begin with as a basically explanation and teaser for stuff in the main series. he fully expects people to have read the main series before reading any of railgun. which is why railguns manga title is railgun gaiden

2. No nothing to do with guts but part of crowley's plan and dragons are mentioned in the fittingly named dragon arc when accelerator and co are trying to get baggage on Crowley. again this is a novel that was written before the manga and index season 3 even adapted it (although cutting out most the details.)

3. No he does not future NT novels expand on this. this moment was meant to serves as a teaser for the next main arc in NT.

4. you seem to not understand his character not surprising as the anime butcher it. please remember he was quite willing to die at the end of index season 3 and in several arcs prior to that. such as the sister arc vs accelerator to save everyone. touma while very strategic tends to see himself as the only piece that can be sacrificed on the board. he already views himself as having died since the end of the first arc of index.

5. doesn't look like a question just rambling.

tl;dr he doesn't know the dragons fully, but still went for a suicide attack. for a "fukou da" character he's a badly written character and inconsistent.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the appeal of Misaki Shokuhou?

AfroOtaku917 - Feb 4, 2023

8 by Laplace_kun »»
Aug 2, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jul 31, 2020

63 by Shocked »»
Jun 8, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

96 by Shocked »»
Jun 8, 9:29 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.