Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you think that deserves a remake and why?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 19, 2019 12:14 AM

Oct 2018
pandora hearts and darling in the franxx.

pandora's ending was really shit honestly.

darling just went fucking downhill with all the nice potential in the beginning.

β™” 𝘴𝘦𝘡 © 𝘫𝘒𝘺
Nov 19, 2019 12:34 AM

Oct 2018
Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re. I know it won't happen anytime soon at least but I hope they remake it following the manga like they should have.
Nov 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Jul 2016
Mahou Sensei Negima!
UQ Holder!
Rosario + Vampire
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Nov 19, 2019 1:19 AM
Sep 2016
Two shows i want remakes of are Kengan Ashura and Twin Star Exorcist

Kengan Ashura's problem wasn't just the CG, they cut off a lot of the story and fights and the 2D is jarring as well, for a manga as good as that it deserves better

Twin Star got ruined by Pierrot

I like Ashita no Joe but i think if it gets a remake it'll prob be too similar to Megalo Box in a way

Anime is Great
Nov 19, 2019 5:40 AM

Jan 2019
Darling in the Franxx. You just have to stick the landing, not go off on some weird ass tangent.
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 19, 2019 6:13 AM

Jun 2016
I love how there are always topics like this every month so i can say Pandora Hearts every single time.
If you haven't read the manga i highly recommend it.
Nov 19, 2019 6:14 AM
Dec 2015
future gpx or CYBER FORMULA ONE is great. with upgraded visuals while retaining its fluid animation and the sounds of roaring v12 engines a music to my ears. GUNDAM 0079 not neccesary a new one with full episode maybe a diamond cut show with uograded visual
Nov 19, 2019 9:21 AM

May 2017
RealTheAbsurdist said:

@A_At

Interesting. Why do you wish Monster to have a remake?

it looks like the story needs to be continued because Johan escaped again from the hospital and the animation needs to be updated, that would be good tho
Nov 19, 2019 9:29 AM

Sep 2014
I think all the long ass filler filled shounen like One Piece and Naruto deserve to get a "Kai" treatment, shortening the number of episodes down to a bearable amount. I would actually like to finish them at some point but thats never going to happen in their current state.

Also I guess Tokyo Ghoul deserves a proper adaption, speaking of proper adaptions

BERSERK

And I would like to see SAO progressive at some point.
Having the OG Gundam animated like Thunderbolt December Sky would also be a dream.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 19, 2019 6:55 PM

May 2009
Posts #113 to #216 merged from a dupe thread.
Mar 28, 2020 3:31 PM
Nov 2015
Which series deserves a :Brotherhood? xD

I think Tokyo Ghoul deserves better after 1st season!
Minoo_Mar 28, 2020 3:51 PM
Mar 28, 2020 3:34 PM
Jan 2012
I think it'd be hilarious if FMA got another Brotherhood anime.

Also, Rave Master was way better than Fairy Tail so I wish it'd get a remake or a continuation, even though there's no possibility of that ever happening. It's still very much a product of it's time so it wouldn't do well, but damn was it fun before expectations of the Shounen genre rose.

Getbackers probably deserves one too, it went the original anime route and missed a lot of things from the manga.
Mar 28, 2020 3:36 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Although we are getting the rest of the manga adapted for Bleach, a remake of the original run with all of the filler dropped would have been beautiful.
Mar 28, 2020 3:41 PM

Apr 2016
I’d say Berserk, Ashita no Joe and Slam Dunk.
Mar 28, 2020 3:42 PM

Aug 2018
I'd love to see a Zero no Tsukaima remake. The characters are great but I can't help but feel like it's a very, very rough draft of what could be a truly excellent story. Someone needs to take a hammer to it and reassemble it from scratch.
Mar 28, 2020 3:43 PM

Sep 2018
Berserk obviously, even though I liked the 97 version
Mar 28, 2020 3:46 PM
Nov 2015
Ramy_Stereo said:
Berserk obviously, even though I liked the 97 version

HectorBlaze said:
I’d say Berserk, Ashita no Joe and Slam Dunk.

Definitely Berserk! Or at least a better continuation :0
Mar 28, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
No anime should get a remake until Berserk is remade. This is my final will.

The next to be remade is Claymore.
Mar 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Jul 2017
Pandora Hearts
Tokyo Ghoul
Claymore
Rosario+Vampire
Shingetsuan Tsukihime
Fate route

epidemia78 said:
I'd love to see a Zero no Tsukaima remake. The characters are great but I can't help but feel like it's a very, very rough draft of what could be a truly excellent story. Someone needs to take a hammer to it and reassemble it from scratch.

They just need to remove Louise and it would be perfect.

Mar 28, 2020 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Claymore- even though i liked the ending, it's a little weak if i'm honest. A remake would make the series more popular, it's story is too good for it to be unnoticed.
Mar 28, 2020 4:48 PM

Aug 2018
Attackonfiller said:

epidemia78 said:

Sure, remove the heart and soul. That'll fix it.
Mar 28, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
Umineko. Wait, how would they remake something that's never been made
Mar 28, 2020 4:56 PM

Jun 2016
Ouran host high school club
Kare Kano
Mekakkucity Actors
Aku no Hana

Edocchi said:
Umineko. Wait, how would they remake something that's never been made

Man of culture, they really did us dirty. I doubt that a good anime adaptation can get made if it's below like 50 episodes.
Mar 28, 2020 5:00 PM
Apr 2016
For me it's Great Teacher Onizuka, it would be amazing isn't it?
Mar 28, 2020 5:00 PM
Nov 2016
Well,In my opinion, Gakkou no Kaidan deserves a remake. It was my second anime and i was actually rewatching it just now. Horror mixed with humour. Go watch it if you haven't. You won't be disappointed.
Mar 28, 2020 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Rosario Vampire. Both seasons (but particularly the second) got dealt a dirty deal compared to the manga.
Mar 28, 2020 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
Akame ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Berserk

Those 3 are on top of my head

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Mar 28, 2020 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
epidemia78 said:
Attackonfiller said:

Sure, remove the heart and soul. That'll fix it.

That's exactly right. You get me. ;)

Mar 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Jun 2017
epidemia78 said:

i haven't actually watched it, but i've seen scraps of it
it does seem visually appealing and the characters do seem like characters i'd enjoy watching, but then I get the impression that the story and writing of the whole is a lot less than good

i'd really be interested in a remake, especially one from scratch
Mar 28, 2020 5:15 PM

Dec 2008
The whole Rurouni Kenshin series. I know, I know. You don’t need to tell me, but...... >__>
Mar 28, 2020 5:16 PM
Dec 2017
I have said this but I will say it again

WE NEED A PROPER ADAPTATION FOR FUCKING BERSERK MAN. WTF ITS BEEN 84 YEARS AND NOT EVEN A PROPER ADAPTATION EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE!!!

I SWEAR IF THERE ARE ALIEN WORLDS OUT THERE THAT HAVE MADE A PROPER ADAPTATION OF BERSERK. I WOULD FUCKING MIGRATE THERE RIGHT NOW

well, considering he anime community's reaction to the first episode of goblin slayer, I guess people are still not ready for berserk because trust me when I tell you goblin slayer is a fucking child compared to berserk. Nope, make that a newborn
Mar 28, 2020 5:56 PM

Oct 2008
1.Argento Soma
2.Katekyo Hitman reborn
3.Hikaru no Go
4.Slayers
5.Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
6.Nana
7.Maou Dante
8.Samurai Gun
9.Gungrave
10.Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Mar 28, 2020 6:03 PM
Aug 2018
Definitely Soul Eater. I´m tired of saying it
Mar 28, 2020 6:06 PM

Oct 2019
Id say tokyo ghoul in its entirety or berserk excluding the 90's version and the movies
Mar 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2020
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Konjiki no Gash Bell!!
"π‘Ίπ’Žπ’Šπ’π’†π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’π’‚π’–π’ˆπ’‰π’•π’†π’“ 𝒂𝒓𝒆 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” π’ˆπ’π’π’…, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’‡π’π’“π’ˆπ’†π’• π’šπ’π’–π’“ π‘·π’π’Œπ’†π’“ 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆."

Mar 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Jun 2012
Never going to happen but Gantz: remake the original, changing the ending so it's in line with the manga then adapt the rest of the manga.

Elfen Lied - do a more complete adaptation, maybe with 12 episodes. The original felt rushed.

Umineko - original is just trash.

Urusei Yatsura - not sure about this one because the original voice actors are so intrinsic to the characters. But then again they replace VAs all the time in the industry. Another thing is I don't know if today's animators would be able to do the original justice.

Junji Ito's Tomie - didn't do justice to the manga. None of the Junji Ito collection did but Tomie was the biggest disappointment.
Haunt-botMar 28, 2020 6:15 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 28, 2020 6:21 PM

Aug 2017
My top vote would go for a Great Teacher Onizuka reboot. The original anime adaptation was definitely good, but the manga was better by leaps and bounds, so a more complete, faithful adaptation would be appreciated.

On the topic of the original "Big Three" though, a complete adaptation of Slam Dunk would be most appreciated, but I don't think it'll be as well appreciated in this modern landscape: the novelty of the series was how it was relatively original at its time, and even reading it know, it feels genuine, even though the plot and characters have become commonplace at this point. On a similar note, I'd like a reboot of Yu Yu Hakusho only because I'm dying for a rewrite of the Three Kings Arc. Granted, Togashi is inconsistent enough with Hunter x Hunter that this'll likely amount to a pipe dream, but it would be glorious if he could return to Yu Yu Hakusho and redo the final arc the way he had originally planned to, this time without editorial pressure.
Mar 28, 2020 6:25 PM
Jul 2019
Seven Deadly Sins Season 3 definitely requires one
Mar 28, 2020 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
Trigun. Gimme a Trimax anime. That's all I want in life.
Mar 28, 2020 6:35 PM

Nov 2018
VortexOfLight said:
My top vote would go for a Great Teacher Onizuka reboot. The original anime adaptation was definitely good, but the manga was better by leaps and bounds, so a more complete, faithful adaptation would be appreciated.

On the topic of the original "Big Three" though, a complete adaptation of Slam Dunk would be most appreciated, but I don't think it'll be as well appreciated in this modern landscape: the novelty of the series was how it was relatively original at its time, and even reading it know, it feels genuine, even though the plot and characters have become commonplace at this point. On a similar note, I'd like a reboot of Yu Yu Hakusho only because I'm dying for a rewrite of the Three Kings Arc. Granted, Togashi is inconsistent enough with Hunter x Hunter that this'll likely amount to a pipe dream, but it would be glorious if he could return to Yu Yu Hakusho and redo the final arc the way he had originally planned to, this time without editorial pressure.

Dosent the GTO manga starts going downhill in the middle of the story of the manga? i dont see them ever adapting it to the end. And i kind of disagree with slam dunk, it is still miles betetr than the huge majority of sports anime that are released nowdays, specialy since the author has a way to keep stuff interesting even between matches, with fights and such.
Mar 28, 2020 6:44 PM

Jul 2017
nhk deserves a remake in my opinion
some others that come to mind are d.gray man, one outs and gantz
Mar 28, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2019
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou deserves one, and while at it a fixed ending (not the legal and production hell mess it got).

Hakunon said:
Aku no Hana
The rotoscope is perfect, don't touch it. It deserves a 2nd season to complete the plot, though.

Mar 28, 2020 7:05 PM

Sep 2018
I would have said Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, but I just found out that it's getting a remake in this coming summer season!

Blanks.
Mar 28, 2020 7:05 PM
Aug 2017
Ouran High School Host Club. It already is one of my favorite anime ever but it would be even better with more modern visuals
Mar 28, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2019
Tokyo Ghoul except season 1.
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest.
A Certain Magical Index.
Corpse Party.
Fate/stay night.
Mar 28, 2020 10:13 PM

May 2019
Definitely gonna agree with all the mentions of Rosario+Vampire and gonna add on another iffy Gonzo adaptation - Linebarrels of Iron. I don't know who thought taking an edgy action/mecha manga and turning it into ecchi/harem-lite style comedy was a good idea, but that, the really janky CGI, and arguably the Hiraiface redesigns really hampered what could've been a really great show.

I wouldn't really want a straight up remake, but a reboot of sorts for the Dirty Pair franchise would be great, and since it's based off being episodic it wouldn't be too hard to make it work.

Haunt-bot said:

Urusei Yatsura - not sure about this one because the original voice actors are so intrinsic to the characters. But then again they replace VAs all the time in the industry. Another thing is I don't know if today's animators would be able to do the original justice.

At least we got that 2008 OVA to give us a little glimpse at what a modern Urusei Yatsura would look like, but I def feel you on the VAs. I'm also not sure how receptive modern audiences would be to UY's comedy, seeing as how it inspired so many character tropes that people who don't really know the history would probably write it off as "generic" despite being the originator for all that stuff.
Mar 28, 2020 10:26 PM

Jun 2017
Gundam 0079; Even the fans say this anime is too old for now
Mar 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Sep 2017
I would like to see a 12-24 ep adaptation of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou tbh
Mar 28, 2020 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but in like another 30 years.
FinalReality56 said:

I wouldn't really want a straight up remake, but a reboot of sorts for the Dirty Pair franchise would be great, and since it's based off being episodic it wouldn't be too hard to make it work.
I know they made a 90s reboot for it with Dirty Pair Flash, but I'd like to see a Dirty Pair series that stays true to the original Yasuhiko character designs.
mhkr said:
Gundam 0079; Even the fans say this anime is too old for now
Eh, even being a polished up set of compilations, the 80s film trilogy holds up better than anything out of Gundam these last 20 years. IDK what fans are those.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why?

melodyily - Yesterday

35 by Alpha-Nine »»
4 minutes ago

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl

SgtBateMan - 10 hours ago

28 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
12 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - 50 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime characters you would give a big hug too?

Mattenan - 10 hours ago

13 by bellingsince05 »»
16 minutes ago

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 3 hours ago

10 by Serafos »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.