Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2019 9:56 PM

Jan 2011
A pig with a pet pig. What a society. Also Toucan did what to his wife!?

I was expecting this to be a short. Also I wasn't expecting the dirty jokes. This first ep was a bit awkward, but this'll be a nice contrast to the darker Beastars that's also starting this season.

I'll have to remember to watch it when I'm not tired though, with how fast paced it is, and that Funimation quality typesetting doesn't help.
Oct 8, 2019 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
I legit laughed the entire time, this looks like its going to be one of my favourite shows this season
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder if that lioness high school girl is the daughter of our lion protagonist.
Oct 9, 2019 7:11 AM

Jul 2019
Society is now made up of animals from Africa told from the perspective of middle aged business men (lion, lizard & toucan). This anime focuses on adult humor in contrast with the kid-friendly character designs. I have to say though, it's just not funny, I didn't laugh even once. There's nothing else going for it either, it's just a straight up comedy through and through. If the jokes don't land then there's nothing.
Oct 9, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2013
This show is a pleb filter, pretty fun.
Oct 10, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2018
A fantastic start. I really, really enjoyed it.
The animalistic twist on the modern salary man makes for a unique setting that's been filled with humour.
I'm surprised that it was a full 20+ min episode, I was only expecting 12, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'm sad to see it not rated too well, but hopefully that'll change as time goes on.
Definitely my favourite this season so far.
Oct 13, 2019 3:46 PM

Apr 2008
This show is funny but the subs are terrible. Funi should be ashamed at their localization, felt like I was in the 90s. People probably hate this because they're reading the subs
Oct 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Mar 2019
Worst episode i've seen this season, i honestly expected more, i was expecting this to be funny in the most absurd way, but i just thought everything was bad and the humor didn't hit once, plus having to hear Zenitsu in annoying tucan form is the worst that could happen, Solid Snake as the Lion was cool though.

4/10 instant drop.
Oct 21, 2019 8:45 AM
Mar 2016
phantomfandom said:
The Lizard is so hot!
the CV is Tsudaken and he is known to have a raspy sexy voice 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 21, 2019 5:04 PM

Mar 2009
Insta-drop. Terrible humor. And that toucan is so annoying.
Oct 25, 2019 9:24 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Nah, definitely not good. The animation shifts were nice (the opening few bits especially), and I'm kinda surprised Toucan didn't grade on me more than he actually did, but the jokes were very one-note. Toucan likes perving on girls. Lion is a nice guy who looks scary. Lizard is... there.

Plus, not a fan of seeing a jackass character who gets away with it because everyone else is just like "welp, that's just how he is".
Actually kinda suprised so many people like it. I didn't hate it or anything, just kinda indifferent.
The voice actors are doing a very good job though, I'll admit that much.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Nov 3, 2019 1:57 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This got some laughs out of me, but I don't know if I can keep up.;; Also, I feel like Lion was supposed to be our lead and he kinda had his spotlight taken by Toucan, who is kinda a dick.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 9, 2019 12:29 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm, wasn't feeling this quite as much as I expected to for some reason. Much more adult humor, which is fine I guess, but eh just wasn't clicking with me. Best part was the mouse mother and child's reaction to lion dude and then the post credit anime schoolgirl with the toast in her mouth parodies. Also, so is lion's wife just randomly confirmed cheating on him with toucan, or was that a joke? Not that it matters in a series like this but that line made me do a bit of a double take, not gonna lie. Felt jarring but then considering the stuff that followed it I guess that's just the tone in general.
Dec 4, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2012
That was pretty interesting. Loved the part where the Lizard said "There wasn't a single part in that story where I felt any sympathy for you." LOL!

Not a fan of the CG animation but definitely worth it for the laughs!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 19, 2019 6:49 AM

Nov 2018
Super budget version of Agressive Retsuko
I hate everyone equally
Dec 19, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2018
KudanMX said:
Worst episode i've seen this season, i honestly expected more, i was expecting this to be funny in the most absurd way, but i just thought everything was bad and the humor didn't hit once, plus having to hear Zenitsu in annoying tucan form is the worst that could happen, Solid Snake as the Lion was cool though.

4/10 instant drop.

4 is too much for this...
I hate everyone equally
Apr 14, 2020 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
I see Toucan is a man of culture....or should I say animal of culture, so far he is my favourite character

I quite like the different styles of animation used and the jokes look pretty funny, looking forward to the next episode

Aug 3, 2020 3:09 PM
Dec 2012
The "comedy" in this show feels so outdated. Toucan's perverted views of women is just overdone, boring and misogynistic. He's super annoying and ruins the show for me.
Lion and Lizard could be fun to watch but it seems like the Touan Show.

I'm watching the 2nd episode now and it doesn't get any better. Definitely going to drop.

2/10
Aug 19, 2020 9:38 PM
May 2020
That was pretty funny!

wasn't expecting to be this entertaining, maybe it's because the concept is so unique.
Dec 18, 2021 1:32 PM

Jun 2020
Good start! The anime has good characters,looks interesting.

Dec 1, 2022 3:14 PM
May 2016
tipica serie de oficina pero con animales africanos, buena trama pero me bajo mucho la ilusión ese poronga de animación 3d
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Africa no Salaryman (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

Ashhk - Oct 27, 2019

16 by OfficialGothBF »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:28 PM

Poll: » Africa no Salaryman (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Ashhk - Oct 20, 2019

14 by OfficialGothBF »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Africa no Salaryman (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Ashhk - Dec 22, 2019

20 by TristanSylvain »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:17 PM

Poll: » Africa no Salaryman (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Ringare - Oct 13, 2019

23 by oh-danny-boy »»
Apr 18, 2023 11:09 AM

Poll: » Africa no Salaryman (TV) Episode 7 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 17, 2019

13 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Dec 22, 2021 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.