Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jun 22, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
Mickdrew said:
So wait, this is the big secret for how the Titans originated and how this world came about?

Did this show just rip off Claymore?

We must have read a different series, the only similarities between Claymore and Snk is that there is a outside world out there that the characters were not aware of it, claymore didn't even bother to go further in detail to that, on the other hand snk had that twist and a million other twist within that twist. lmao

That is a big difference, one has a twist just for the sake of having a twist, then ends without going any further in depth to that said twist, while the other has depth to that twist, and that twist open the door to a new world and plot to the series.

It could only be a rip off if it reveal that there are other civilization out there and then it ends right after, like Claymore. Thanks to remind me of that disappointing ending.
keragammingJun 22, 2019 6:07 PM
Jun 22, 2019 7:34 PM
Feb 2009
Mikasa's bed hair was enough to make this episode 10/10
Jun 22, 2019 7:39 PM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:
Mickdrew said:
So wait, this is the big secret for how the Titans originated and how this world came about?

We must have read a different series, the only similarities between Claymore and Snk is that there is a outside world out there that the characters were not aware of it, claymore didn't even bother to go further in detail to that, on the other hand snk had that twist and a million other twist within that twist. lmao

That is a big difference, one has a twist just for the sake of having a twist, then ends without going any further in depth to that said twist, while the other has depth to that twist, and that twist open the door to a new world and plot to the series.

It could only be a rip off if it reveal that there are other civilization out there and then it ends right after, like Claymore. Thanks to remind me of that disappointing ending.

Well, there's your problem right there - I didn't read Claymore at all. These are all details I've heard second hand and from the wiki
And just looking solely on plain details given that

There seems to be quite a few similarities to what's being hinted at in the backstory of SnK.
Can't say for sure until they give a more complete picture.
As for how "good" you find this twist or how disappointing you found Claymore; I can't say that I care
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2019 8:20 PM
Nov 2017
Mickdrew said:
keragamming said:

Well, there's your problem right there - I didn't read Claymore at all. These are all details I've heard second hand and from the wiki
And just looking solely on plain details given that

There seems to be quite a few similarities to what's being hinted at in the backstory of SnK.
Can't say for sure until they give a more complete picture.
As for how "good" you find this twist or how disappointing you found Claymore; I can't say that I care
If you're going to generalise a plot, every shounen/shoujo anime would be considered as rip offs from each other. E.g. Every Isekai involves a protagonist going in to a different world where they gain magical powers and companions/friends to battle through villains and obstacles. If you haven't actually read claymore, then why would you make a comment about how AoT rips off from it? Since you wouldn't even be able to compare the two having not actually read one (or maybe both because it seems you haven't read the manga) of them.
Jun 22, 2019 9:08 PM

Feb 2018
Mickdrew said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan

Snk is based on real world and had like thousand layers of foreshadowing for the reveal.
Jun 22, 2019 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
holy shit, so many plot twists.
this is amazing
Jun 23, 2019 12:10 AM
Sep 2017
thoroughly enjoyed yet the ending leaves me wondering is titan intelligence actually a power bounced back and forth through consumption or is it normal through proper transformation and inhibited through forceful transformation?
Jun 23, 2019 4:28 AM

May 2015
Damn, Dina was a hottie.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 23, 2019 6:09 AM
Nov 2010
Holy crap, this episode is crazy. So many important plot points revealed in this episode alone.
Jun 23, 2019 7:17 AM

Sep 2012
anyone know when is the season 4 gonna come out?

Jun 23, 2019 7:22 AM
May 2017
FrozenRaider said:
Damn, Dina was a hottie.

Not more than Carla tho, you saw them tits!! Carla got that MILF material going on you feel me??!
Jun 23, 2019 7:29 AM
May 2017
Makuro said:

They always announce it when the last episode airs, so we should know next week
Jun 23, 2019 8:02 AM

Apr 2019
Makuro said:

ch100 is gonna be dope af
would be interesting if they showed some scene like with s3p2 where they showed a scene from midnight sun at the end of p1
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 23, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
I see some people've been asking about those "9 titans". I would like to ask a question as well. So, does it mean there are only 9 intelligent titans and the rest are just mindless commons?
Jun 23, 2019 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Adnash93 said:
I see some people've been asking about those "9 titans". I would like to ask a question as well. So, does it mean there are only 9 intelligent titans and the rest are just mindless commons?
yeah pretty much.
Jun 23, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2013
ABDoesThings said:
Adnash93 said:
yeah pretty much.

Thanks for your response. Too bad there are so few intelligent titans. For balance-wise reasons it's good, because intelligent titans have powerful and unique abilities, although it's a shame there are not more of them.
Jun 23, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
Welp, now the cat's out of the bag.

Who is ready for.....nah that would be a bit of a spoiler.

My biggest question is where do they stop and will the show continue.
Jun 24, 2019 1:40 AM

Aug 2009
God damn this show is poppin off!
Jun 24, 2019 2:46 AM

Apr 2013
emilyandanime said:
Can someone explain to me why Historia saw Ymir's memories when she held her palm out to Ymir's "love" letter? Did Ymir somehow share her memories with Historia or was Historia only able to see it because she has royal blood. Kind of confused

Also this was an amazing episode oh my

You just commented on wrong episode thread.
Jun 24, 2019 4:02 AM

Aug 2015
I can't believe that the titan that killed Eren's mom is his ex-stepmom!
also, poor poor little sister felt really bad for her
great episode!
Jun 24, 2019 5:16 AM
Jul 2010
OverkilledRed said:
Funseco said:
so they the start the episode after a credit scene that happened in the previous episode, which many people missed... excelente move, wit!

and once again the amazing wit studio decides to cut important parts (thank god its their last season) because they were out of time.

here for anime only interested in knowing what they cut in this episode

what warriors are

torture cut scene

I only agree with the scene with Kruger, because it would show what he had to endure as a spy (even though it's already implied). But seeing the importance of his role on the story, it felt wrong to diminish his scenes...

The rest of the scenes, frankly, it's just heavy exposition and it works fine how they did on the anime. Showing the torture scene as a flashback is just for more dramatical effect and doesn't ruin it or anything.

Thank you for this! Really appreciate this as I have only seen the anime. To think they would rush this episode so much regarding the warriors and the foundation of the titans.. Also a huge let down that they have been censoring more and more lately.. Guess I'll start prioritizing the manga instead!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2019 2:34 AM
May 2018
Here is a rough calculation:-
Perimeter of wall Shina: 2*pi*250 km
Perimeter of wall Rose: 2*pi*(250+130) km
Perimeter of wall Maria:2*pi*(250+130+100) km
Adding them we get 6974335 m
The titans in the wall are 50m class(little smaller than the collosal) so their breadth will be approx 10m
Therefore, 6974335/10=697433 Titans
Including the 12 gate walls and other Eldian Titans which are roaming outside aprrox 700000+ Titans
Hence Eren can control 7 Lakh Collosal like Titans if he can wield the Founding titan power

Jun 25, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm, does this mean that the English version of the title is technically wrong? It's probably something that I should've realized since Eren's Attack Titan was first a thing, but if the title is referring to the "Attack Titan" form, it'd be weird to call the form Attack on Titan as well. Very late to figure the translated title makes no sense in that regard. Well, it doesn't matter much I guess, beyond being mildly awkward.

Good episode though, more exposition into the story and characters.
Jun 26, 2019 12:38 AM

Apr 2019
Firestormsoumo said:
Here is a rough calculation:-
Perimeter of wall Shina: 2*pi*250 km
Perimeter of wall Rose: 2*pi*(250+130) km
Perimeter of wall Maria:2*pi*(250+130+100) km
Adding them we get 6974335 m
The titans in the wall are 50m class(little smaller than the collosal) so their breadth will be approx 10m
Therefore, 6974335/10=697433 Titans
Including the 12 gate walls and other Eldian Titans which are roaming outside aprrox 700000+ Titans
Hence Eren can control 7 Lakh Collosal like Titans if he can wield the Founding titan power

there could be two titans on one spot, one facing the front and one facing the back intertwined in each other, then it would be double that, 1,4 million

Genix said:
Hmm, does this mean that the English version of the title is technically wrong? It's probably something that I should've realized since Eren's Attack Titan was first a thing, but if the title is referring to the "Attack Titan" form, it'd be weird to call the form Attack on Titan as well. Very late to figure the translated title makes no sense in that regard. Well, it doesn't matter much I guess, beyond being mildly awkward.

Genix said:

yes, its not so much a mistranslation but rather just a title change probably , marketing purposes u know, it gives the show a different feel and image if you dont know about it
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 26, 2019 8:28 PM
Oct 2014
HereticHunter said:
Oh boy, I've waited for this back when I started reading the manga after S2 finished. Brace yourselves Anime onlies, you're up for the very best of Shingeki no Kyojin from now on!

Can't wait to see Daddy Eren in Anime form.

lobbyboy said:
Great info episode, but all the replies here is from people whom already read the manga. I wonder if there's someone that only watches the anime

There are some, but most of this thread is sadly covered by people insulting each other.

that's mostly true all over this forum
Jun 29, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2016
This was one a hell of the episode, I was expecting Kruger to show up and I am not disappointed, I think I have to re-watch this episode soon, as I re-read this chapters more then once. It's really mind-blowing experience.
Jun 29, 2019 4:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Knowing only bits and parts, I now fully understand most of what happened, sure they still have some plot to tell about his father backstory and Zeke's future (more on this later), but hey this was a phenomenal episode, broading the universe of the series to a much bigger scope than before, people will look back and remenber this, I m for sure will.

My point about Zeke is, is he with the Eldians or Marley? I mean, Marley created that force compromised of Eldians, for the sake of weaponizing the 9 Titans, but it is kinda dumb since what guarantees these wont turn up against Marley?
Still alot to explain.

Noneless, what a twist.
Jul 7, 2019 4:36 PM

Feb 2017
This gives me another reason to not live in the AoT world. Man Grisha really suffered.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 2018
I never thought it was humans who created titan. Eren's father gets the power of Titan.
Jul 7, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2013
OMFG. The amount of informations and explanations in this episode were almost to overwhelming. The beginning was just cruel. What this fucking asshole Gross did to Grishas sister isn't descibeable in words. I felt so much hate in this moment.

Finally the origin of the titans got revealed and the long war between Marley and Eldia. Of course people have to suffer for things their ancestors did....

So because Grisha married Dina before that means Zeke is Erens stepbrother. Holy moly.

Imagine you live on an island behind giant walls which get attacked by titans and think there's nothing outside from it. I can't even imagine the reaction of Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Levi, Hanji and all the others. But I'm not wondering anymore that the government tried to hide all of this.

Even if the injection scene was important at the same time it was hard to watch. Especially when that one guy got kicked down and all of his friends followed him as titans. I guess I wasn't the only one who saw a lot of familiar faces there.

What finished me off was when I saw Dinas titan form. Are you fucking kidding me? At this moment I just thought: "This can't be real. No fucking way". Even if she was only Erens stepmother, what's the chance that exactly she kills Erens mom and Hannes?

Also the fact that the guy who battered Grisha as kid when he wanted to see the aeronautic with his sister is the spy was almost to much for me. At least Gross got what he deserved. Twist on Titan strikes again. I can't describe how wrecked I am from the last couple episodes. It's crazy.

The question now will be. What will happen with all these informations? 2 episodes left and with the reveals in this episode it seems the anime could go on for 100 more episodes.

Jul 9, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
The Kawaii Titan from S1 was a trap!
Jul 14, 2019 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my God what an episode. So glad that piece of shit got what he deserved, but wow the Owl's titan looks like... yeah
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 16, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2016
Now that the real situation of the world around the people of Paradis was revealed, it looks like they really should refrain from getting any ideas about getting out of Titan Land for now. Grisha's life was full of mindblowing twists where both the questions we were looking the answers for all this time and even those that were there all this time even though it weren't asked being answered one after another. Zeke being Eren's half-brother, Dina being the wretched Titan that devoured Carla and Hannes, Two of Grisha's comrades appearing in the Trost district with one of them most likely being the one who swallowed Eren and the other almost eating Sasha back at the Trost District, and the partner of the bastard who fed Grisha's sister to the dogs being the Owl... All those sudden revelations paired with the gigantic reveal that the Walled Cities were the only safe haven the Eldians had after most of them got exiled were almost too much to bear.

Even though the Eldians were the ones responsible for the oppression of the Marleyans for over a millennium, that doesn't give them the right to oppress their distant descendants in the continent because they no longer had anything to do with it. It's tragic that Zeke ended being the leader of the Marleyan Warriors who were given the duty of eliminating everyone in Paradis.

Mikasa's bed-head is life ♥

Jul 17, 2019 2:47 AM

Mar 2011
keragamming said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Three seasons of breadcrumbs and then this info dumb. Felt very rushed because of that, I think ill have to rewatch the episode to properly make sure I understand.

It kind of felt unsatisfying though. All this build up to the 'basement' and then Eren just randomly has a 'dream' that reveals everything.

No, everything you are seeing is from the three books he got from the basment, he is just remembering them as a dream, Armin literally said it fits perfectly with the books that they read from the basements.

Basically Isayama was just introducing Grisha backstory in a interesting way, than having the characters reading it in the books. Everything you are seeing is from the three books in the basement.

Late reply but that makes sense. It was transitioned a little weird, so I thought the flash backs and his dream were unconnected.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 19, 2019 3:56 AM

Jul 2013
Ho lee fuk! That titan who ate Eren's mom was Dina and the beast titan is his brother! What's more is that they're actually living in an island? I get it now, so Berthold and Reiner are those warriors they're talking about in Marley. But what about the other countries though? I mean by the way Eldians are treated surely some other country would step in what about human rights lol
Jul 19, 2019 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
PrimeX said:
Ho lee fuk! That titan who ate Eren's mom was Dina and the beast titan is his brother! What's more is that they're actually living in an island? I get it now, so Berthold and Reiner are those warriors they're talking about in Marley. But what about the other countries though? I mean by the way Eldians are treated surely some other country would step in what about human rights lol
this is like WWI. at that point, human rights didnt even exist.
Jul 29, 2019 12:57 AM

Dec 2018
Truth

Grisha teaching the 'truth' of the world to Zeke exactly just as his father did to him when he was a child. Just as Marley's truth being rejected by Grisha, the Eldian's truth was also rejected by Zeke.

Dat beast toy.

Grisha to Zeke: But more so than anyone else, you have to obey exactly what they say.
That's a mistake.

Gross sure had a gross hobby. In the end he was just a pathetic man who's just all talk.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 30, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
Mikasa with ruffled hair is hot af <3

And the scene were the Owl pushes the fatty off the edge of the wall was awesome. :)

Quite a lot of information delivered, some of which was quite hard to understand :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Aug 30, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Unu5ual said:
Mikasa with ruffled hair is hot af <3

And the scene were the Owl pushes the fatty off the edge of the wall was awesome. :)

Quite a lot of information delivered, some of which was quite hard to understand :(

That is natural, you can always rewatch it, or read the manga as well so you can read at your pace to understand it.
Oct 29, 2019 6:38 PM

Jun 2017
oml I don't know what to think anymore...and Grisha's wife ate his other wife, damn that's sad.
Nov 17, 2019 5:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That backstory was just so good
Jan 7, 2020 12:26 PM

Nov 2015
There I was..thinking that some other episodes from AoT were complicated…had to watch this episode like 3 times. I actually have no clue what to think if it. It was too much information to be really shocked for me, I was just sitting here saying 'Dafuq'.

Mixed feelings about this sudden reveal of another world. We'll see what happens next.
Jan 12, 2020 12:43 AM

Aug 2018
This was a great fucking backstory
It answered most of the mysteries from past seasons

So the Titans were Eldians and this fucking Zeke lead all of it to Eren's place
Also who the fuck kills a little innocent girl what a dipshit im glad he died.

What the fuck happened to Mikasa's pretty hair xD looks like she slept a whole fucking year lmao
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 12, 2020 11:27 PM

Jun 2012
Man I remembered reading this manga chapter, felt so bad for Grisha's sister.
#ProtectAllLoli's
Mar 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Mar 2019
I find it dark that Grisha's first wife ate his second wife then his kid killed the first wife and his other kid wants to help Eren.

We got into about Ymir Fritz, the founding of the titans, and the people on Paradis island or in the Walls. Also Eren can see memories like the founding titan can, is this the a new power?
May 20, 2020 6:01 PM

Dec 2010
So SnK is basically what if Claymore actually went beyond the island. I think that the last time I could not stop myself from binge watching a show was Madoka. That, or Re: Zero. I frankly think that Gross' death deserved more screentime, we know that this anime can stretch those scenes.
Jun 11, 2020 5:48 AM

Oct 2019
Now here come the revelations thick and fast..an exposition heavy episode and a quite good one at that..

Now we find out about Marley and how the escape was made to paradis island and also about how the walls were formed and why Marley at that point did not attack them..

Now all the dots are connecting together and slowly but surely this vital information at hand would be the game changer for the chapters to come..

Onward towards the penultimate episodes..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 8, 2020 7:36 AM
Jul 2020
Wow... I can't believe the titan who ate Eren's mom was Dina...Now that is what you call two wives having a quarrel over their husband lmfao
Aug 4, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2019
Yea too much information.The only Ymir I know is our Ymir. Ahhhh
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 15, 2020 7:43 PM
May 2020
Too many shit to think. Too many parts to put together.

Poor Faye. I'd completely forgotten that Zeke was Grisha's son lol. Betrayed by your own son. The Owl reveal was very epic.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

671 by InClouseau »»
Sep 18, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

460 by InClouseau »»
Sep 18, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 26, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

736 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 26, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 26, 10:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.