Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 21, 2019 5:56 PM

Jul 2015
Dennoss said:

Tatsumaki's legs/10 this ep.

Noticed the art quality and animation went up when she appeared XD
May 21, 2019 6:07 PM
Feb 2012
terminador_2397 said:
It basically looked like they drew the characters and cut them out and pasted them to the screen to have them move in random places lmao.

that's my thoughts too

this image looks like someone barely discovered how to paste an image on top of another image for the first time lol and nothing about the background or foreground matches
May 21, 2019 6:21 PM
Dec 2014
Yeah, this is where I bid farewell to OP2. I gave it way too many second chances but the story is just so badly directed. The dialogue is equivalent to "I"m S, you're A" - I'm strong, you're weak. The comedy is Saitama never taking anything serious repeatedly every episode. Each character is just a monologue, or exposition repeatedly.

Now I'm fine with all of this if the comedy is done right, it's not. I'm fine with the exposition if it wasn't every single character. I'm fine with "you're weak, I'm strong" - but not with every character... And most of all, I'd be fine with all of this if I was simply entertained by the animation. But sadly the animation is just average at best.

So what is there too enjoy? Nothing.

Dropped.
BlindSniperMay 21, 2019 6:36 PM
May 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Jul 2015
ahneeme said:
terminador_2397 said:
It basically looked like they drew the characters and cut them out and pasted them to the screen to have them move in random places lmao.

that's my thoughts too

this image looks like someone barely discovered how to paste an image on top of another image for the first time lol and nothing about the background or foreground matches

The scene where Saitama was kicked into the floor of the arena after Suiryu broke it in half was hilarious, it looked like a cut out picture flying into the rubble.
May 21, 2019 6:43 PM
Dec 2015
As someone who read the manga this episode really disappointed me. I know this season is already known for bad pacing and rushed fights but this episode was the worst so far.
May 21, 2019 7:00 PM
Oct 2015
What's with the scene transition? especially with the flashy flash fight scene. they should just drop this and let madhouse remake. I don't mind waiting another year
May 21, 2019 7:14 PM

Sep 2017
God damn what did they do to you drive knight? Well at least were are seeing some S class heroes do a thing. Pig God was pretty funny. Turns out Suiryu was no match for Saitama. I kinda figured, but I was hoping he'd be a little more boros level. Still a pretty funny fight. Maybe I'll actually get around to reading the manga after this season idk.
May 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Dec 2014
I thought it was a decent episode.

The fight was pretty nice and it had a lot more animation than say the first episode, I quite enjoyed it. Especially when Saitama retorts to Suiryu disparaging heroes.

I always see Tanya in Tatsumaki. xD
Yuuki Aoi uses the exact same voice for both of them. :3

Dennoss said:

Tatsumaki's legs/10 this ep.

This. xD
May 21, 2019 7:29 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty decent episode, actually. The remainder of the Super Fight tournament wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Suiryu's fight, in particular, while not nearly on the level of the manga wasn't complete ass. I like the manga chapters for the next episode, so I'm kinda looking forward to it. Don't fuck this up J.C. Staff. On one hand, I want to say it can't get worse after the Metal Bat fight and it can only get better, but we all know that isn't true.
May 21, 2019 7:48 PM
Aug 2017
Man this episode just feels all over the place. I don't know how the pacing is compared to the manga since I haven't read the manga but it does feel very compact and rushed. Most of the scenes feel pretty empty but the fight against Suiryu was pretty good. Despite all my complaints, I'm still enjoying the show and just overall having a good time anyway so I have no complaints in the enjoyment department.
May 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
It's like they had a different person draw Suiryu every single time he's on screen. He looks different in like every shot he's in.

Well at least the humour is still kind of there, when I'm not being annoyed by the weird dark blurry flurry attacks.
May 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
And so the tournament concludes, which makes me happy since it means the awkward transitions between scenes will stop... I hope.

Absurdly funny episode overall. Saitama vs. Suiryu fight was average but at least entertaining for its comedic aspect.

P.S.: Uhm... can I have more Fubuki in the next episode, please?
May 21, 2019 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
GingZ said:
Tonku said:
I'm getting tired of most of the action reduced to before-and-after images with a quick black frame or a shaky blur in place of actual movement. None of the action has any real impact (hits don't look or feel like they hurt and their reaction is merely because the script calls for it), and Flashy's movements had no sense of speed whatsoever--just the same generic fast movement that basically everyone has had this season.

The visual storytelling is so poor. The fights just aren't exciting. Every time a fight goes from a key frame to the same three blurry frames flashing on screen for five seconds (which happened very fequently in this episode) I get bored. Watching OPM has become a chore. I didn't expect JC to live up to the high bar set by Madhouse with season 1, but it seems they are making an effort to run as far under that bar as they can.

And my god, the SFX (not the music) are abysmally weak.

Unless the rest of the season improves dramatically, as in I mistake it for another studio and team, then I very much doubt I will be buying the blu-ray. Season one will be lonely.

You guys so into the animations and sounds (which I don't see anything wrong with those), come on its a funny anime and the 2nd season get even better than the 1st one.

How many bad aspect of the show are you folks willing to discount as "not necessary" before you have a blank screen for 24 minutes. The animation and sound are what make it an animation. Without those, you have a manga. The animation and sound are the entire point of watching an animation, and those aspects are the worst in OPM season 2.
Prouldy addicted to chloroform!
May 21, 2019 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
As a wise old man will say to another. There is a first time for everything! XD
May 21, 2019 9:15 PM

Jul 2014
This episode required a vore tag

HealmeplzMay 21, 2019 9:20 PM
May 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Sep 2016
At last Saitama in action! Couldn't stop laughing lol
May 21, 2019 9:29 PM
Dec 2015
LightoLhxd4 said:
Ali_Khan243 said:

Can they do that? Remake the episodes to be better? Cause God Almighty, this episode surely needs it, along with the rest of the season for that matter.
BD will not correct any action, it will only improve color quality and enlightenment, unless there are good-hearted studios out there who are willing to make a new remake, as happened at the FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, so the only way is to change the anime studio

Yup, that's the only way I see it. I pitch Bones, Cloverworks or Wit Studio to animate the next season.
May 21, 2019 9:41 PM

Feb 2017
We need a petition like the one for Game of Thrones for this absolutely abysmal treatment of such a good story.
The fight between Suiryu and Saitama was at least barely watchable. But everything else, everything else up until this point... I'm dropping this show.
I dropped it once but picked it up again for the tournament arc, but, no. Reading the manga will probably be a better experience.
May 21, 2019 10:09 PM
Jul 2011
J.C. Staff doesn't even need to animate Saitama.
LycoRecoMay 22, 2019 12:11 AM
May 21, 2019 10:34 PM

Aug 2015
I wonder if after how bad this has been so far they are still going to continue with a S3.

I mean Berserk 2016 got a sequel, so maybe.

Besides this, the only notable part of the episode was Tatsumaki´s scene. And I am not being sarcastic. Suiryu vs Saitama was awful, there is a lot of blurry effects. The pacing of 3 events happening at the same time seems to fucked everything else in the episode and the transitions are horrible.
May 21, 2019 11:00 PM

May 2015
I love the comedy. OPM2 is a 9/10 for me so far. The comedic elements are top notch. I guess the people who look up for action and seriousness in OPM is disappointed. Too bad I guess.
May 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Jun 2015
Today's episode convinced me to read the manga past the anime. I usually like to watch an anime spoiler free, so that's the reason why I don't read ahead when there are signs or confirmation of new seasons of x show, but I'm certain that this shit studio's work on OPM S2 is way worse than One's original drawings, and at this point not even the story can salvage this trainwreck of a season. I hope that if we get a S3, a decent studio can pick it up and we'll just forget S2 ever existed and read the manga instead between S1 and S3.
May 21, 2019 11:22 PM

Oct 2008
This episode feels like super rushed!
Genos got defeated? looks like a lot of S Class heroes are gonna have a hard time against Goketsu!
1/5.

May 22, 2019 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
Feels very rush. I'm pretty sure the manga spent an awful a lot of time before they move on from Seiryu. Always hated this douche. It's gonna be a hard reality check for him in the next episode.
May 22, 2019 1:02 AM
Oct 2016
Was the material from the manga better the first season too or is it really just J.C. Staff that dropped the ball? Maybe the first season was just an enigma. A talented director with a vision who recruited the perfect people to help the anime come to life. I just don't understand how the whole underlying tone and mood of the anime has done a complete 180. If I had worked on the first season I would be furious. I'm just a casual viewer and even I'm a little pissed for them. I would rather have waited until the original director and staff were available 2 years from now than have this. I miss the shivers down my spine I got during the fight scenes and the op that made me want to run and lift weights until I couldn't move my body. I'm done complaining. I'll just pray that Madhouse makes a kick-ass third season of this that makes up for the last four years.
May 22, 2019 1:05 AM

Jan 2012
This episodes starts as bad as previous episodes, but I've found some enjoyment in the end.

The first half just follows the way of messy story telling we've seen way too much from this show. More meaningless heroes are introduced in short, underwhelming fighting scenes and improper parallel story telling prevents any kind of built-up. Also Garo appears for one unnecessary scene again to remind the viewer of his existence.
However, the second half focuses solely on the tournament which has been an arduous thing to watch until now, because it's lacked meaningful events or interesting character interactions that would have left an impression. That's why I am pleasantly surprised of the final whose dialogues offer some intriguing aspects as well as having some humorous scenes, like Saitama saving his wig and the surprising hip thrust to finish the battle.

With the tournament out of the way and a new plot point introduced in the final moments of the episode I hope for a more focused story progression in the future.
May 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Racso114 said:
...but I'm certain that this shit studio's work on OPM S2 is way worse than One's original drawings, ...

It's crazy how this is so true.
May 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Mar 2018
That's a legendary butt-attack from saitama, is that a Keijo reference? lol
May 22, 2019 1:41 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly, everytime I see Tatsumaki, I can appreciate the episode lol

Some supporting characters like Kurumi in Date A Live or Tatsmuki and many more always manage to make something a bit better than it would be withotu their apparitions.
May 22, 2019 1:50 AM

Feb 2013
Haha, I loved that final "attack", One Hip Man!
May 22, 2019 2:11 AM
Apr 2009
Not gonna lie, I feel like most people exaggerate the negative more then OP2 deserves but..

This episode was awful wow. The pacing, the animation, the art, the build-up, the anticipation; it was all awful.

The other episodes at least had well drawn out designs despite the animation lacking (Design/art & animation are not the same) but this episode did not even have that.
May 22, 2019 2:14 AM

Jul 2016
-InfiniteLoop- said:
Not a manga reader so no idea what they cut but the episode was okay. The final fight was entertaining. Hopefully we get more of Garu next episode, Saitama's fights are too predictable. I only would be interested in seeing Saitama vs the monster king.

Saitama should always be there simply to fight the final boss.

I want Peri peri guy
May 22, 2019 3:03 AM
Mar 2019
[quote=Vindicater]
-InfiniteLoop- said:
Not a manga reader so no idea what they cut but the episode was okay. The final fight was entertaining. Hopefully we get more of Garu next episode, Saitama's fights are too predictable. I only would be interested in seeing Saitama vs the monster king.

Season 2 will not arrive at the battle with the monsters orochi, that hasn't even happened in the manga yet, so you should wait up to 4 years, because the OPM manga is monthly, and even then if the OPM S3 comes in the next 5 years
May 22, 2019 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
I think this episode was really good, probably because we got see more of Saitama.
May 22, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2011
So boring dude ;_; wth.......... and I can't see it on crunchyroll either
May 22, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2018
This season is funny for the wrong reasons lol. That scene where saitama flies and hits the wall -- I've yet to see worse animation lol.
May 22, 2019 4:32 AM

May 2012
This is a good episode in my opinion. Best episode so far. I loved the fight

I'm not too sensitive to animation like other people here.
May 22, 2019 4:43 AM
May 2017
The blur effect, oh god FUCK the blur effect! I can barely see a damn thing!
May 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Mar 2016
The subtitles said 'Child Emperor', but the Japanese said 'doutei', which is funnier as it means male-virgin.

I really thought Suiryuu might be somewhat of a challenge after the buildup of two episodes. It ended up being quite funny. Saitama was so weightless and his reactions were so underwhelming.

The S-class hero pretended to fight back with Tatsumaki only after she left. haha.

The guy who was introduced as a bully is actually quite a nice senpai. lol. Still, it's surprising how he still hasn't realised Saitama isn't his kouhai.
May 22, 2019 4:59 AM

Jul 2016
After I watched this episode, I was somehow glads that Toaru Majutsu no Index III was nowhere THIS bad lol. Not only the animation becomes even worse, even the direction, pacing and sound direction was awful too. Skipped contents and rushed fights aside, J.C totally ruined Suiryu's rage scenes and the animation of Saitama hits the wall was laughable.

The only saving grace this episode have was Matsukaze Masaya's (Suiryu) and Takehito Koyasu's (Gyoro Gyoro) voice acting, and the way Saitama almost punches Suiryu was handled.

FuMomo-kun said:
The guy who was introduced as a bully is actually quite a nice senpai. lol. Still, it's surprising how he still hasn't realised Saitama isn't his kouhai.

The reason why that guy didn't realize Saitama isn't Charanko because he was blind lol.
May 22, 2019 5:16 AM
May 2019
Lgdpo said:
The episode was so good that neither was among the best of the week, attack on titan continues in the lead with a 9.5 general average and shoumetsu and the worst of course a forgettable trash like that neither should exist, look on the positive side at least opm 2 and higher than that.

I have no idea what you said, but im assuming you're putting other anime down to put OPM on a better spotlight, which isnt really a good thing to do or a mature thing to do if you're seriously a fan of this series, I find it hard to think what those series could of done to upset you so to act like this.
May 22, 2019 5:21 AM

Jan 2018

what a face, even in a different studio they managed to adapt that idiotic expression whilst being serious lmao
May 22, 2019 5:49 AM

Jun 2015
CondemneDio said:
Racso114 said:
...but I'm certain that this shit studio's work on OPM S2 is way worse than One's original drawings, ...

It's crazy how this is so true.

There's one scene where Saitama is talking with Suiryu and we can see Saitama from his profile, and it's so poorly drawn I couldn't stop thinking of ONE's original drawings. Don't get me wrong, I love ONE and what he has created, but everyone knows he can't draw very well.
May 22, 2019 6:11 AM

Feb 2019
If you are so indoctrinated into the hating trend that you miss marks like that, how can anyone take your criticisms seriously? Have a banana dude, it will be okay.

if maybe I should indoctrinate myself in the tendency to love every shit that premieres to be happy consuming rubbish and perpetuating the policy of minimal effort so that they do not stop giving out shit, just like the Japanese conformist otakus do, and that's why there is so much crap in each new season :D
May 22, 2019 6:21 AM

Jun 2015
This gotta be the funniest fight ever
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 22, 2019 6:41 AM
Dec 2014
this is depressing. can we start the petition/crowd funding for a remake?
May 22, 2019 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
Yo, that Pig God guy is a badass. Coming in the middle of a fight and instead of fighting the enemy, he just chilled out and ate his opponent. Cool.

Tsunami could've sounded harsh, but she was right. There was no reason on gathering that amount of heroes in one place when the Heroes Association was short on heroes' numbers and monsters were respawning over and over again.

King Orochi is frightening. We also learned about similar, but limited to Monsters-only, Association that is capable of turning humans into monsters (with significant power boost after transformation).

I'm glad we finally saw Charanko Saitama vs. Suiryu fight. It was good, Suiryu is surely very strong. He could be a Class S hero easily if he wanted to. His martial arts looked fantastic. When Saitama is "one punch man", then Suiryu can be called as "one kick man".

Too bad we didn't see Puri Puri Prisoner-chan... After the previous episode's last scene I hoped to see him, but I guess we need to wait some more before he reappears in this Season.
May 22, 2019 8:13 AM

May 2018
I like this episode more than usual (except for ep 3 probably) but then again, it's only because of the massive screen time Saitama got compared to the rest of the season. Without him, it's always just a generic battle shounen with way too many and way too serious side-characters.
As usual, I'll leave the animation quality aside, as it seems okayish. For a battle anime it's certainly not good but far from what the pure haters try to make out of it.
May 22, 2019 9:08 AM
Jan 2018
i don't understand what's going on in this thread. it's either people whom are very good at trolling or people that are actually very, very stupid. might be the 2nd one.

so many comments about the episode being funny. funny how? laughably bad? yes. there was only 1 scene that you could call funny and it's the moment he hits him with his ass. was it that funny to make you brush over the rest of the episode? i guess if you had several lobotomies then yes, you would find it that funny.

this shit is not even a matter of taste anymore. what the fuck is wrong with you to want to defend this?
May 22, 2019 9:25 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Pig God eating scene, damn!

Tatsumaki appearance was good, its nice to see more scrren time on her!

Saitama vs Suiryu ahd an awesome fight, and the comedy moment between fight were so awesome, Suiryu is strong, but obvious no match for Saitama!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

372 by AnimatedAddict »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

584 by AnimatedAddict »»
Sep 25, 11:28 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.