Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
Despite the flash foward scene at the start and knowing what would eventually happen, how her death came about was so sudden and devastating. Their relationship was developing nicely and would have been enjoyable to see continue, wonder if they would have started dating.

I was left with a depressing feeling of emptiness when it was over.

Insert song during firework scene was perfect.

9/10
Apr 21, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2012
The ending segment made me up the score by one point, the story really came full circle there! Very enjoyable movie with great main heroine. And the Little Prince book fit the theme pretty well.

I have some problems with Haruki as he was more or less just a tool and device to push the story forward and his character reflected that. I also didn't like how they forced him cry or ask for friendship in those two scenes as means of his developement but he was still good enough counterpart to the excellent girl who managed to promote the living more than anyone else.

Other than those two scenes I really liked how this movie didn't forced the melodrama at all and how unlike many similiar anime it was actually the celebration of living intead and that's why I enjoyed it so much. In fact, instead of feeling sad in the end, I was full of positive energy as through their advantures together I was reminded what's the life really about. I didn't feel sad that Sakura is gone, instead I was glad that she founded her soulmate and had fun before she died and I was also moved when Haruki found out she actually read his final message that she was as important to him as he was to her and that they learned from each other.

The ending twist wasn't really so shocking actually as it was hinted several times before but it was still great evasion to your obvious melodrama. If I have to find something not so great, it would be probably that whole ending part that felt bit overexplained and bit long but even then it managed to set the story for good conclusion in the end.

8/10 Really good reflection to meaning of living and optimistic one at that. Not really something that forces your tears and I can appreciate that.
Apr 23, 2019 8:49 AM

May 2016
Just one look at the movie's synopsis and the opening scene made me feel the need to brace myself for Sakura's passing since there's no saving her because most of a movie's a recollection of the time Haruki spent with her before she died. I had a feeling that the ominous stabbing news headline shown early on in the film was some sort of foreshadowing about remembering death but I never saw Sakura's ultimate cause of death coming. I was hesitantly anticipating her sickness to get worse once things started to look up for them both but that knife-happy bastard took the very little time she had left away from her when no one had expected it.

Her bucket list had her and Haruki ending up in normally taboo situations between a boy and a girl but she was trying to live her life to the fullest after all. That and he's pretty much the only one who won't give in to the pity party even after he found out about her true condition...not in front of her at least.

After that bittersweet Little Prince-style monologue she made for Haruki in the end, he finally cried at the end and that was also the time where I cried for him as well. Their fated meeting saved the both of them from the pain of loneliness and he learned how to be more friendly like the girl who accepted him for who he was.

Apr 30, 2019 2:09 AM

Jul 2012
The way Sakura dies is very depressing. She already knows her fate yet it was still fast-forwarded for her. Hard for me to accept that ending. 😐
May 4, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2013
This movie was perfect for me, omg, I wasn't expecting she would die like that!
May 4, 2019 10:51 PM
Jan 2019
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS...WE NEED TO KILL THAT STUPID SON OF A B*T*CH EX BOYFRIEND. Spoiler

We all know that the ex-boyfriend stabbed her. He is so delusional, mental, killer, violent, and every word that makes him terrible. He didn't control what he wanted to control so he killed her😡. It didn't show but we know. Whos with me for the hunt😈.
May 5, 2019 5:36 PM

Jul 2017
@Kristy_Delile - The boyfriend was not involved. The murderer was foreshadowed before there was a major connection between Sakura and Haruki, thus giving the boyfriend no reason to act.
Also, while not in the movie, the novel explicitly confirms that it's a random person.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

May 7, 2019 5:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Immediatly knew people would be givin this alot shit, just like Your Lie in April had... both are similiar for sure, and the setting can easily bait people bitch about it.

Noneles, and facing straigh the errors I thought would plage the movie, its direction and character development was defintily clean and neat.
Simple but effective.

I feel that if I was like a chick, I would have ALOT of similarities with Sakura, lol.

The development our male MC had at the end of the movie really had it ending on an high note for me.
9.0/10 = 9

Bravo, this movie proves, stelling impact and good matter more than really clever or unpreditable plot!
Jun 4, 2019 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
isnt anyone gonna mention how hot Haruki has become with his new haircut at the end scene?
Jun 14, 2019 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
I enter this movie with kinda low expectations and think this would be mediocre or plain bad based on the featured reviews. Whoa i am feeling overwhelmed with the things i liked about this film right now. Somehow this movie really reminds me of Onanie Master Kurosawa, a manga that i am really fond of. It would be a big lie if i say that i don't love this. Overall VIII/XX Great
Jun 14, 2019 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty good watch. Wasn't particularly big on how they had her killed but I do enjoy stories where a stoic person's way of life changes after meeting someone, so that made up for it. The emotional break down scenes are always a sight. Maybe not for everyone but the most powerful moment for me was him seeing that she did read the message and then asked for permission to cry.
Jun 19, 2019 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
I definitely wasn't ready for this movie.
The one thing that was weird to me was definitely the serial killer killing Sakura out of all them.
(Though one could say she was there because everything lead up to it ... etc etc)
Since everyone's comparing "Your Lie in April" with it, I'd say in my opinion it wasn't nearly as strong as this movie was. [Mainly poor timed comedic moments with it's serious tone at times]

The monologue of Sakura, her message to Haruki ... the moments they shared ... truly beautiful.
Especially the monologue touched me, definitely couldnt stop me from getting all teared up.
Oh and that moment where Haruki asked if he could finally cry ... that hurt me :/
Sakura's message to Hiraki, the way she managed to make the most out of her life, how she managed to change his perspective.

Beautiful.

Jun 24, 2019 12:05 AM

May 2017
Usualy original movie are boring to me , most of them are 4/10 , once it go 4 or less it usualy mean that its a pain to watch it, 0 being something that i hated so much that i want to erase my memories lol but this one is a 6/10 , those death joke and sexual joke were realy funny , laughed a lot

Well standalone movie shouldnt be about story , 2hours arent enough , so this one the second one that i liked after aura
Worse being koe no katachi , 3/10 thoses sound she make , ppl can think about her voice problem but they should think about their poor ears that are bleeding
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 29, 2019 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
I don't understand why people believe the characters were unrealistic. I've met people like the two leads and I got close to people in comically short periods of time.

I agree that the alcohol scene and the post hug scene was a little out of place, but spare for those it was a great movie.

It hit hard and it hit well.

Jun 30, 2019 4:40 AM
Jan 2019
spring is the month when your love one is died
why it's hard to accept that it has no beach scene as they plan you need to live longer

10/10
Jul 2, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2014
Best moment : Haruki and Sakura doing random things together
Worst moment : bad ending, kinda don't like it, also I have to skip most part of Sakura epilogue (really, this made me sleepy), no confession of love at all from both sides, also Kyoko is kind of bitch

The movie itself is a god-tier. Music, animation, in-between frames, pacing and character development a way too great for having those ending. I was ready to cry when Sakura didn't come in that cafe (thinking she lied about dispatched out from hospital), turns out she was killed and *boom* Yeah, that's it folks, you have your ending.

8/10

Jul 6, 2019 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
1/10
Kyoko is a disgusting bitch

I wonder why every mc should end up with a girl that treat him like dirt
Jul 7, 2019 12:36 PM
Nov 2018
Overall, a very good movie, ending was kinda lacking but I think that was the point- not being too emotional. 8/10
Only thing that pissed me off was that MC wasn't able to tell Kyoko that Sakura asked him to keep it a secret, especially because she would sacrifice everything, and also I suppose he didn't show her the message written for her
Jul 9, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2011
I think most people, including myself, can agree the ending was somewhat lacking. That being said, I'm amazed at how many people completely missed the entire point of the movie. Regardless, while I may have had some issues with the movie, overall it was a memorable experience that I'll surely look back on in the future.

Jul 10, 2019 6:10 PM

Apr 2017
I expected this movie to be emotional or at least I will tear up a bit instead what I got is a movie that is full of cringe worthy scenes.
Jul 12, 2019 10:31 AM

Jan 2016
the story of the movie was a weak copy from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. the way Sakura suddenly cling to a nerd , unsocial and inept person like Haruki and falls for him is odd and make no sense.
Jul 14, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2017
saeed1m said:
the story of the movie was a weak copy from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. the way Sakura suddenly cling to a nerd , unsocial and inept person like Haruki and falls for him is odd and make no sense.

@saeed1m - How can this be a copy of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso if that manga was completed in 2015, but the original novel for Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai was released in 2014? Even then, I heard that the novel for Suizou was being written for years before that.
How is Haruki a "nerd"? Because he reads books?
Inept? That means to be clumsy or without skill. He's clearly capable to socializing if he wishes, but he isn't willing. I wouldn't consider that inept.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 22, 2019 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
this movie supossed to have scene that can hit your feels right?
thanks to MC seiyuu emotionless act, he ruined that kind of mood.
7/10

zamandzoe said:

Spoilers for some novel details that weren't included:

I'll admit that it may not make as much sense in the movie, but in the novel, it fits with the theme.

WTF, why the staff thought it was good idea to skip a scene that give viewer deeper impression than "Whaddafak just happened!?"-kind ending.
What a bummer...
IZUMI64Jul 22, 2019 10:16 AM
Jul 28, 2019 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
So the movie makes you like the main character and kill her. What's good about that? I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to like the movie overall if all it goes to show is sadness in the end.
Jul 28, 2019 7:16 PM

Apr 2015
A very heartbreaking turn of events for Sakura. This is a tragedy yet it satisfies the soul.
Aug 8, 2019 3:00 PM

Feb 2016
cried like a fucking baby :(
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Aug 8, 2019 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Aside from the ending bit (then again I took an issue with that in the novels too), the movie is pretty solid all around. Honestly from an adaptation standpoint they nailed it to a tea with the whole visual aesthetic and well feeling like time flies with the film. I have to commend them for that.

Also really the only big issue I take with the film is:

So yeah for me it gets an 8. Only few issues held it back from being a 9 to a 10, but I think it's still worth a watch.
Aug 10, 2019 12:52 AM

Apr 2018
i actually liked it, it's quite emotional
and i miss Sakura from now .

Aug 13, 2019 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
I'll start by saying that I'm probably not the target demographic that this film is intended for so take what I say with a grain of salt.
It was overly predictable. I could almost word for word pick what people were going to say or what they tried to hide. Of course his name was something spring related, of course it was medication in her bag, just to name a few examples. Sakura wasn't even likable, if anything she was very manipulative. The idea of telling just some random person that you have an incurable disease that will kill you and then deciding that you want to be their friend too is very selfish. She effectively forced herself into his life knowing that she was going to die and that he was going to have to deal with the pain. Guy may have been a boring and standoffish but you cannot tell me that in no way did she not know that this would end painfully for him in some form or another. Also as much as Sakura's friend was kind of a bitch I feel bad for her not knowing her BEST FRIEND was ill. I agree when she said she should have been told so she could have spent more time with Sakura. In all fairness it was Sakura's life and her decision I just felt it was a shitty one. The only part I really liked was that her actual death was a complete twist. I guess the overall message about needing and communicating with people is fine but damn there were other ways to make that point.
Aug 16, 2019 12:09 PM
Dec 2018
I prefer bittersweet and this one is just down-right tragic. Or I prefer it in visual novel form, where there's the possibility for a happier ending to soften and contrast the blow. It doesn't really "cheapen" her death since she's still dead in at least one of the timelines, and each timeline is as real as the other.
Aug 21, 2019 5:00 AM
Mar 2018
i only wanna say f***k kyoko and everything else is super awesome!
Aug 31, 2019 11:41 PM
Dec 2018
All that i can say, I cried so much the last 30 minutes non-stop, the twist shocked me like hell (my hole body freezed for seconds) i don't know if it's less worse than the disease, but i REALLY REALLY enjoyed the anime it gives another aspect for the life, i loved sakura and haruki so much, Beautiful enjoyable emotional and so sad T^T i'll never forget this feeling ♡
#kyoanistrong
Sep 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Sep 2017
This was a great movie, and one that I could easily find myself recommending to people. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the other the big two tearjerker movies (Your Name and A Silent Voice, obviously). This movie's decision to focus on just two major characters instead of five or six was welcome, as you genuinely got to see these two characters grow over the two hour run time of the film. And while this film isn't even in the same realm of beauty as either of those two aforementioned films, it was still gorgeous, and the voice actors did an incredible job. Haruki finally breaking down almost made me cry, which that alone is more than what most shows/movies are able to accomplish. Great movie. 8/10.

Sep 15, 2019 10:30 PM

Dec 2014
The first hour and 20 minutes or so are bland, 5/10 snoozefest. But like WOW the third act was bad. It couldn't convey anything visually creative throughout the entire movie and then we get this bleh ass color dream that barely looks interesting, is riddled with crappy looking cg, and to top it all off is complemented with whatever her name is monologuing for like 5 fucking hours.

Script is bland, story is bland and cliche, dialogue is bland and cliche, characters are dull and uninteresting, bland well-made but uninspired backgrounds, bland looking characters, and worst of all it didn't make feel anything other than how annoyed I was at the ending scene. I cry at nearly everything and the closest this got was boring me to tears.

4/10. Slightly below average
Sep 21, 2019 9:12 AM
Aug 2015
What I like about this anime, is that it knows its place and its potential, it doesn't do anything other the top, anything fancy, anything forced, anything it doesn't control, like a lot of other dramas.
A well executed "normal" drama is a 7/10, a badly executed ambitious drama is a 5/10. I'd rather have the former.
Oct 6, 2019 5:28 AM

Mar 2008
The end is strange, she was simply killed, It's a very strange end.
Oct 17, 2019 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
DiscoMilf said:
The first hour and 20 minutes or so are bland, 5/10 snoozefest. But like WOW the third act was bad. It couldn't convey anything visually creative throughout the entire movie and then we get this bleh ass color dream that barely looks interesting, is riddled with crappy looking cg, and to top it all off is complemented with whatever her name is monologuing for like 5 fucking hours.

Script is bland, story is bland and cliche, dialogue is bland and cliche, characters are dull and uninteresting, bland well-made but uninspired backgrounds, bland looking characters, and worst of all it didn't make feel anything other than how annoyed I was at the ending scene. I cry at nearly everything and the closest this got was boring me to tears.

4/10. Slightly below average

Say what you want about the monologue sequence, but there's a reason for it's art style. The style mimics the art from The Little Prince (which is a real book), as it was mentioned to be (one of) Sakura's favorite books.

- Me

Oct 30, 2019 5:01 AM

Jun 2017
The movie is nothing short of amazing, it was great. The two things that got me the most was the Fireworks scene and her, well... demise. The fireworks scene was very beautiful, I also felt happy when I saw those fireworks even though I'm just an audience. When the news broke that she was killed, I was just shocked, my jaw just dropped because of shock. Earlier, I thought that she had been taken to the hospital or something but I was wrong. I wanted for them to spend their remaining time together but, well, things don't always go as you want them to.

Anyway, great movie.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 2, 2019 7:23 PM

May 2019
Still watching the movie in this very moment, just wishing to registry somenthing...

COME ON, The Little Prince? Really?

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

The author was almost sadic in this point with the feelings of both characters.

Also, the movie had a strong inspiration in that book.

---------------

Haha, the guess was right.

Amazing movie.

Ishitateso said:
I liked the anime adaptation better than the live-action movie being the former more faithful to the spirit of the novel. One of my little complaints was, judging by the scenes showed during Get-along-well-kun was reading Sakura's will, that the scriptwriter of the anime didn't seem to get how the the story of the Little Prince taming the fox connected to their relationship being there perhaps not even one moment referring to that part of Exupery's novel.

yeah haha

Not only this. A person who never read or knew the story of The Little Prince miss A LOT of the movie's meaning.

The author focused the book many times without tell the audience anything what was it written about.

In fact, the author assumed it clear: know The Little Prince is a prerequisite to watch this movie.

Sorry for the millenials (and maybe... japaneses main audience?) who never did.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiJun 18, 2021 10:34 PM
Nov 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Nov 2016
My biggest complaint about this movie is the fact that she got killed by the serial killer. That's just outright messed up considering we'll knew that she was expected to die from her illness. It just felt more tragic since she could've had more time to spend with the Haruki. I liked seeing Haruki change as a person thanks to his bond with her. Kyoko was just a real piece of work. The worst character in the movie and ended still as my least favorite. The ending where he was reading the book really had me tearing up a lot. Overall it was an enjoyable movie despite for me the first like 30 minutes or so I was on the fence.
Nov 10, 2019 2:49 PM
Apr 2019
*SPOILERS AHEAD*

After watching this movie for the fifth time I've decided to just share a little something that's been on my mind. It will entail my personal review of this amazing story, as well as a bit of rambling in how this movie has affected me as a person.

So, if you couldn't tell, I'm a massive fan of this movie. My anime journey only really started this year, so I've been blessed enough to see a few amazing stories made into anime. This one however has really grabbed at my soul the most.

Now I'll be very clear in stating that the main reason I adore Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai is for it's heartfelt story. The tragedy of Sakura Yamauchi, for me personally, was beautifully written and portrayed. From the light hearted and fun moments Sakura spent with Haruki, all the way to the final heartbreaking arc of the story, I was fully invested emotionally. Getting to know Sakura as a character and being able to see her viewpoint on situations, as well as Haruki's character development were the diamonds needed to complete and compliment an already polished golden ring (The Story).

Another massive positive was the soundtrack and how well it paired with the overall mood of the movie, especially when it came down to the utter dark and morose moments of the film. Relating to that, I felt the voice acting was also well done. Maybe not perfectly, but certainly enough to portray the many different emotions the characters experience throughout the film.

If I had to draw one personal "major" problem I had with the film, it would probably be with the sometimes bland backgrounds, such as the scene with Sakura's farewell letter to Haruki. The 'galaxy' background that was drawn up for that specific scene seemed lazy, but at the same time it still somewhat matched up with Sakura's vibrant and colourful persona. Character designs were well done, especially Sakura's many different outfits.

Overall, I think Studio VOLN did Yoru Sumino justice by producing this piece of art, and being able to effectively portray this heartbreaking story in an animation format.

What I can tell you, is that this will probably be my favourite anime film forever. Sakura as a character resonates with my own desires to appreciate life, and to do everything you can to tick off every wish on your bucket list. To appreciate those around you and cherish the time and lessons that they can bestow on your personal timeline.

Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai also serves as a reminder that even though some events (such as death) are a certainty, you never know when such events might occur. 'Carpe Diem', to keep this point short and sweet.

I can't wait for the next time I watch this film, and then the next viewing after that one, because even if life gets me down or I hit an all time high, I will always have this beautiful and heart wrenching tale to fall back on to help me reset my brain and remind me how beautiful life really is.
Nov 18, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
Well, if she knows that she'll die of organ defect soon.. What can be said really to this?.. I guess.. I guess, I would say something like: "Make sure you do, what you want in this period.. Don't waste time on school, unless you want it, and it's alright, if you want to - school can be nice as well, not always, though.." Something like this.. Because.. Really, just do, what you want to do in this life during the last days, if you know they are last.. Whatever it is, what you'd want to experience in life..
Though, this girl is taking his attitude friendly, I'd just think that he's busy, so that's why not responding, and be done with that.. I wonder, if she's "friendly" like this with others as well.. Taking things in a funny way, or something like that.. Being persistent.. And that's why she was important for some other people as well at the funeral..
I guess, it's admirable, if Sakura knows that she just wants to casually spend her days.. Admirable, if it's truly, what she wants.. .. It's also admirable, if she has to do list.. I think that both casual things and specific things are important in life, aren't they?..
I like, how their relationships were during eating together.. They had nice heart to heart talk.. It was quite a talk, actually, already making their relationships closer than some of pairs in anime, real life, or anywhere.. Not everyone have conversations like this.. I especially liked, how they are able to say negative things about each other as well, but in not "total", but more complex way.. Like the topic of having thoughts about what others think.. It's not only bad or good.. It's also about how it makes other feel, how it makes feel yourself.. Also it's not that Sakura is stupid with doing stupid things.. She sometimes just does so, but she isn't stupid.. Or how it's alright, even if you perceive someone as boring looking.. It honestly isn't again bad as well.. Well, maybe it is/ isn't in itself, but there are also other things, right?.. It's how maybe you can be sinful, not successful in something, or some other things - but still be good in others.. Overall, I really enjoyed their talk..
Though.. Why really she chose him out of everyone to spend time with, to have talks with?.. Is it because of something good besides, and what is it?.. To be honest, it's probably because of coincidence.. Not of his personality or anything.. Just he read her diary, she might be hard to open about that thing.. And now.. And now she's just wanting to try to spend more time with person who already knows, to try to be open with him more, look, what comes out of this.. At least, I think, that's how she feels at this beginning of their relationship.. And about Haruki - I think, he's politely trying to give her something as last things.. At least, that's how it seems to me, how our heroes feel in the beginning..
I feel you bro about world of books being more interested than friends, I feel you.. ;p I mean, I had friends and love relationships, and still have friends.. But really I sometimes would choose their company to good anime, really.. Not that it makes them bad or anything, of course.. ;p But what you do with friends or lover, really?.. What you get there, you can get these things elsewhere.. Yeah, not the same things, but you wouldn't get the same things with different lover as well, would you?.. ;p Some shared maybe, but not the same.. Anyway, yeah.. I like, how this anime is with views.. I hope, though, that it won't be an anime about transformation from these things, which were supposedly wrong all along.. So far I don't feel like it's this kind of story, but you never know.. So far - I feel respect in this anime to different, to all kinds of views person can have.. ;p
Someone more persistent than Sakura?.. Hard to believe.. ;p Btw, it feels like she describes some of her friends as initiative, controlling, active, or stuff close to this.. I guess, it's a change to talk with Haruki, hm?.. ;p With him being more willing to be taken, not pushy as her previous boyfriend was..
Hm.. It's a good point, actually.. But also questionable.. I wonder, if her friends would indeed become more distant or not, if they'd learn about her soon death.. I guess, it could be like that.. Not knowing what to do, and just retreating.. It's alright, it can be in human nature..
I like, how they can openly tell each other, what they want.. Like this "read less books, and talk with people more".. Yeah, an honest opinion is better than sweet lie, I guess.. Though, I guess sometimes sweet lies can be sweet as well.. ;p But yeah.. I still am ok with that phrase, as it's just her opinion, Haruki is free to do, what he wants, really.. ;p
Was it really that hard of a question?.. That last one of hers?.. I wonder, why.. Was it really that terrifying or something for Haruki?.. To hear and learn that she is afraid of the death?.. Was it this?.. Or what?.. Honestly, anime is great so far, but in this point I don't feel like it was a nice moment, probably just to create drama, it wasn't that hard of a question.. But well, maybe just not relatable to me - I'll keep it as this.. I just couldn't understand..
You know.. Does it really matter?.. If it even was coincidence, so what?.. If you believe that it's truly only you who decided who to be friends with, who to begin to have love relationships, or anything else - it's not like that.. There is part of chance in everything.. In thing you started to play pool, not darts.. In thing you enjoy Counter-Strike, not Overwatch.. In any thing.. There are chances in them.. Still.. After chance.. After that you can decide to have these times you enjoyed again.. Or not.. Or do that..
I understand and respect point Sakura's point of view about relationships being really important part of life.. Still, want to say that it's only to live fully for her.. Life is possible without that, even if you'd believe in contrary.. Still, I respect her opinion.. It's good, when you know, what you value in your life, what is important for you..
Yeah, it felt like this cafe could be an end.. Last message.. Unless he sends it again, but probably this is last..
And.. Reality hits, isn't it?.. I actually like that they did it.. It's cruel, but.. It's real.. I mean, she probably got stabbed by doing her heroics, right?.. Yeah, it was courageous and stuff, admirable even, right?.. But in our cruel world, you must really sometimes just go by the dangerous situation, not get involved.. It's very cruel.. And very sad.. It's very, very sad for me.. But it's reality..
Yes, their relationship indeed was beyond simple words of "love" or "friend".. Especially as how little meaning these words bear nowadays anyway..
It was a great anime.. Enjoyed it much.. To say the least.. I think, I'll want to rewatch it later.. Maybe some times, but will see.. But.. It was a great anime..
Dec 15, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2010
Fantastic movie, I didn't expect the fluid direction and amazing energy throughout it. The only thing I hate is the totally unnecessary cheap crap twist they pulled towards the end. I mean c'mon, that's some bullshit coincidence if I ever saw one.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Dec 17, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2017
Terrible story, mediocre characters. Super slow. Not worth watching there are much better things you could watch instead of this. It’s average at best don’t be fooled thinking you’re going to watch something great.
Jan 4, 2020 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
The twist they did is pretty bad imo.. Things could have been done better regarding that. But overall it's pretty good. Would have been better if it turned out differently in a perfect world.
Jan 13, 2020 6:05 PM
Oct 2019
I have a question. Haruki sent a message saying I want to eat your pancreas in the cafe while waiting for Sakura. And She has sent him a message saying she has left the home. but after her death, when Haruki checks her diary, she has written that phrase from Haruki's message: "I want to eat your pancreas". and then he says "oh so it has delivered ". so the question is how was she able to write that in the diary. he sent that after she left the home and she died after that.
Jan 16, 2020 4:50 AM

Sep 2007
Nova_I_Dineth said:
I have a question. Haruki sent a message saying I want to eat your pancreas in the cafe while waiting for Sakura. And She has sent him a message saying she has left the home. but after her death, when Haruki checks her diary, she has written that phrase from Haruki's message: "I want to eat your pancreas". and then he says "oh so it has delivered ". so the question is how was she able to write that in the diary. he sent that after she left the home and she died after that.

She wrote about it in her diary at some earlier time while she was writing the farewell notes and he wrote it in his message to her on the day of her death.

It refers to a conversation they had a while ago. They show it at the start of the movie. The first library scene together where she says she saw a program on TV where if you eat the someone else's healthy organ that is sick in you, you will get cured. Hence, "I want to eat your pancreas".

Later on they both seem to have arrived at a similar feeling about their relationship and how each influenced the other and both chose this same exact phrase to portray it and that is the beauty/point of the movie.
Jan 16, 2020 11:02 PM

Apr 2014
FeelsSoBadMan said:
@TheLonelyCynic I take that you watched it at Madman premiere screening event, if so I was there too :) (if I'm wrong then please ignore and sorry about that)

Back to the topic, I came in with high expectations as this movie was being touted as the next movie hit like Your Name or A Silent Voice, I'm afraid I shouldn't have because it somewhat ruins the experience.

It wasn't inherently bad, it's just wasn't good enough. There are various factors (cliched-riddled plot, characters felt too unrealistic) that explains why. However they do delivered the message well and had some emotional moments done right. The movie in my opinion is essentially

tl;dr decent but not great, don't go in with any expectations and the movie will be enjoyable. 7/10

Sorry this is necro af, but I just watched it and tbh I feel like the issue isn't watching it with high expectations, rather to me it felt like a different style entirely. Unlike the other anime you mentioned this one wasn't really trying to wow you with striking visuals or masterful music choice, it had a much more gritty down to earth feel to it. I think its plainness was wholly intentional, not a failure to live up to expectations.

Again sorry if you no longer give af lol
~Xind
Jan 28, 2020 11:06 PM
Feb 2015
Just watched it and I have a question regarding this scene
Jan 28, 2020 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
sora022 said:
Just watched it and I have a question regarding this scene
i dont remember the context but perhaps she might overdose?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one not feeling any attachment to Sakura, making the whole movie less sad?

griddyweeb - May 21

23 by Ronnieboi6980 »»
Jun 10, 7:44 PM

» *SPOILER* did anyone cry in this movie? ( 1 2 )

ichigo23sterling - Apr 11, 2021

93 by Bruh69XD »»
Jun 4, 5:55 PM

» That video game song

Masta_Don - May 9

4 by Masta_Don »»
May 11, 3:12 PM

» The only movie I refuse to rewatch.

dmdm597 - Jul 21, 2022

48 by v-ega »»
Apr 17, 11:58 AM

» Please explain me the ending (Spoilers)

Anime_lover_2004 - May 8, 2020

16 by Atsunome »»
Jan 11, 5:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.