Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2015 5:57 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The final chapter of Liar Game had been released. Be prepared to be spammed with massive amount of texts as the LGT explained their motives of Liar Game. It took me about 20 minutes to finish reading the last chapter.

I feel that the ending was really rushed and I am kind of unable to take the ending.

Read the chinese scanlation of Liar Game since the english scanlation won't be out yet.

oliviasylJan 21, 2015 6:33 PM
Jan 21, 2015 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
got any translations m8?
Jan 21, 2015 6:27 PM

Jun 2009
Just edited my post and wrote a quick summary for those who do not understand chinese. So, please pardon me if I made it confusing. Liar Game is never simple to begin with 8)
Jan 21, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously don't tell me Yokoya has changed .I mean the guy doesn't care about nothing.He is always squeezing Rats

Jan 21, 2015 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Oh well, Yokoya only said one sentence in the entire chapter. The whole chapter is only about revealing the motives of LGT and that is all.
Jan 22, 2015 12:40 AM
May 2011
To me, the ending was totally unexpected.

Not a great ending, but certainly amusing.
Jan 22, 2015 1:05 AM

Jun 2009
@sugarcarcom:
Jan 22, 2015 9:56 PM

Aug 2012
This ending doesn't seem all that satisfying. I'd like to have seen epilogue with Akiyama and Kanzaki. Hopefully he might go back to it a couple years down the line like with One Outs and write another volume.
Jan 22, 2015 11:22 PM
May 2009
Final Chapter Original japanese raw http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/FINAL/1
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
Jan 23, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
烂尾啊卧槽,天朝又躺枪。嘛,毕竟也追了多年了,这漫画的前一百多章真的不错,总体给个9吧
Jan 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
Ana- said:

I'm hoping for an epilogue! (...a sequel actually.)

Same thought here . the ending is super rushed. let's hope

Jan 27, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
when is this going to be translated?
Jan 28, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2007
This makes me think there will be a sequel, sometime in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
Not sure how I would feel if they decide to make a sequel. Glad to see this ending though. The battles are finally over right? I had some mixed feelings for the final few chapters tbh but overall was a decent story. There's a live adaptation of the series and I wouldn't mind if they did an anime adaptation.
Jan 30, 2015 9:44 AM

Feb 2012
Damn that was one crazy ending (and a lot of text).

The people, the government, elites above them pulling the strings on the world, and the last page how the author left it open like that wow.
Jan 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
I guess there is no hope after all. :/

Seriously, though, while I really did not like that ending, it seemed like the best, most suited ending for Liar Game. Although I am hoping for some kind of sequel or epilouge, it's probably not gonna happen. :/

Yokoya's change of heart is something I cannot understand, nor is it something I accept. One of the dealers being Yokoya'a daddy...just what... Why? That wasn't necessary at all!

Overall, great manga. Not a very satisfying ending, but it was somewhat decent. Looking forward reading more of this amazing author's work. 8/10.

I wanted to give this a 10/10. I really did.
AliceInOtakulandJan 30, 2015 10:02 AM
Jan 30, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2010
Surprisingly I was satisfied with this ending (even though I was sure I won't be satisfied given that the whole mystery was going to be revealed in the one chapter).

I also think that the ending despite being only in one chapter wasn't rushed. (It was only the last game that was rushed.)

The story about the old corrupted country and the book "lair game". Although in essence even though they say book, what they are actually talking about is the manga it self. At least, I felt that this last chapter was a message from an author and "what book was meant to present" "is actually what manga presented" because everything they said about those book was always the theme of Lair game.

As for last page, I don't think it is meant to promise a sequel (if there was a need for more Lair game content the author could easily extend the story), the last page with the video being removed is probably yet again the last message from the author.

(Because realistically speaking, even if there is freedom of speech, if there really is something that One in the power don't want to spread, it won't spread. That's at least my opinion.)
Jan 30, 2015 10:18 AM
Jan 2015
Any explanation for the 5 billion in Singapore dollars?
Jan 30, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
that Singapore dollars might be from the Producer who traveling to Southeast Asia
Jan 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
brilliant manga, deserves max score, I can't wait for the sequel
Jan 30, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
I haven't read this manga, but since it ended on my birthday I'll be eager to read it.
Jan 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
It was an okey chapter.
Jan 30, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
not a bad ending but rushed.
Jan 30, 2015 12:36 PM
Jul 2013
was the manga axed or maybe a part 2's coming out? that ending seems completely rushed and unexpected
Jan 30, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Overall a meh ending to end the series. It's really surprising that one of the LG employees was actually Yokoya's father ( I wonder if there were any hints along the way...).
9/10
In regards to the that (I guess?) cliffhanger, they should just leave it at that. I don't think my brain is that delusional to expect them to handle a ' dark government ' that still lingers in the world.

These five years of waiting for more Liar Game chapters were definitely great, albeit a weak, but surprising ending.
Jan 30, 2015 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
Seemed a little too rushed and perhaps a little inconsistent. Yokoya suddenly deciding to act like he's leading the fight against LGT was a little dumb. What I don't get is the phoned in complaints they were getting when Yokoya declared his rebellion. Who was complaining about this outcome? Miyagi claimed that he was behind the whole thing and that he funded the whole Liar Game. He was satisfied with this ending and he had the authority to completely cancel the Liar Game, so how can there be anyone "higher up"? He couldn't have been selling a livestream to the rich elite without first editing the footage to hide the identities of the players and I doubt they could've edited in detailed CG masks on all the players fast enough that it could be nearly live.
This cliffhanger thing is a load of bull. They were so close to giving us an actual ending, then they change their minds at the last second and give us the complete opposite.

In the end, it seems a little absurd to say that if peasants work together and refuse to dance in the palms of the rich elite, the rich elite will panic and crumble if they can't break the stalemate. A vague message about rebelling against those in power doesn't exactly seem like a revolutionary stroke of genius that could change the world forever. Especially when the players were promised enough food to last through the game. In real life, they'd just be mowed down with a machine gun or something. How can this be their solution against the evil government overlords?
Jan 30, 2015 9:27 PM

Nov 2012
I was SO close to giving this series a 10....and then I read this chapter. It didn't seem like an ending at all and nothing irritates me more than a series that doesn't seem like it has a proper ending. So I have to give it a 9/10. Still great, but could've easily gotten a 10 from me if the ending had been on par with the rest of the series.
Jan 31, 2015 12:02 AM
May 2013
Overall, a fantastic series. I have a few comments about this last chapter, but I'll just say this one: As much as I loved this series, I don't really want a sequel for that cliffhanger ending. I mean, how many of the characters from the Liar game cast do you see doing anything about or involving this bigger, darker power? As well as this - going after a big bad power is just that, and not The Liar Game.
Jan 31, 2015 12:45 AM

Dec 2010
Ok time to clear up why this ending was amazing and a work of genius instead of incredibly disappointing or rushed like I've been reading. Rushed? It depends what you all mean by rushed. Was he hurried to finish the manga, maybe, but was the manga ended sooner than it was possible to wrap everything up satisfyingly? Not at all, if there's anything you feel hasn't been explained well enough tell me what it is and I'll try to help considering I've read every single chapter multiple times at this point(what else is there to do with all the hiatuses). I've found almost every instance of someone complaining about the happenings in the last chapter or recent ones, was due to their lack of comprehension of the manga or its themes, or they've forgotten a whole load of info due to its chapters being released so irregularly. Or maybe due to finding out that LG was ending soon, catching up very recently. Every complaint I've read thus far can be invalidated by completing the simple task of reading the manga and paying attention.

All of the things I listed cause you to forget vital information, this is a manga mainly led by text and huge arrays of information which could be even more suited to being a novel, if you're not paying attention or actually reading the words instead of looking at the pretty pictures you're going to miss or forget something. Plus the symbolism in this chapter and the way everything was wrapped up yet still left open in the end was masterfully done especially if going by the logic that he was forced to rush its end. Portrayed so many good messages and stayed true to what's been emphasized since the very beginning of the manga.

Well if people reply to this I'll clear up things for them, but only if it's a rational discussion and not "bawww the ending is bad writing because I expected something different than what happened and there wasn't 300 chapters of foreshadowing in advance" etc.
AliceInOtakuland said:

Yokoya's change of heart is something I cannot understand, nor is it something I accept. One of the dealers being Yokoya'a daddy...just what... Why? That wasn't necessary at all!

Overall, great manga. Not a very satisfying ending, but it was somewhat decent. Looking forward reading more of this amazing author's work. 8/10.

I wanted to give this a 10/10. I really did.

You need to re-read the chapter and pay attention to what the characters were saying about Yokoya and his "change of heart" if you could even call it that. The characters literally answer your question on the page it's so easy it's not a hard concept to grasp. Yokoya grew as a man and accepted his defeat, but he was never an "evil villain" that would be absolved from ever "changing sides" he was just another participant with a more extreme view of how to gain victory. He chose in the end to rise against and fight the power which proved his triumph over his inferiority complex about his father by humbly accepting defeat. Seriously the characters LITERALLY explain this in the chapter better than I can, I don't have to read between the lines to spell it out or anything.

Yokoya's father has been relevant for awhile now, if you didn't pick up on all the hints like how he acquired such vast wealth so fast that's your own fault, but again it's probably because of the irregular releases which caused people to forget about these things, hardly anyone retained most of the info about LG with the rate that it was released over time I'm sure. People were theorizing that his dad was Artier himself too which was one thing but it was obvious he was a participant in a previous LG for the longest time.
Danno said:
Seemed a little too rushed and perhaps a little inconsistent. Yokoya suddenly deciding to act like he's leading the fight against LGT was a little dumb. What I don't get is the phoned in complaints they were getting when Yokoya declared his rebellion. Who was complaining about this outcome? Miyagi claimed that he was behind the whole thing and that he funded the whole Liar Game. He was satisfied with this ending and he had the authority to completely cancel the Liar Game, so how can there be anyone "higher up"? He couldn't have been selling a livestream to the rich elite without first editing the footage to hide the identities of the players and I doubt they could've edited in detailed CG masks on all the players fast enough that it could be nearly live.
This cliffhanger thing is a load of bull. They were so close to giving us an actual ending, then they change their minds at the last second and give us the complete opposite.

In the end, it seems a little absurd to say that if peasants work together and refuse to dance in the palms of the rich elite, the rich elite will panic and crumble if they can't break the stalemate. A vague message about rebelling against those in power doesn't exactly seem like a revolutionary stroke of genius that could change the world forever. Especially when the players were promised enough food to last through the game. In real life, they'd just be mowed down with a machine gun or something. How can this be their solution against the evil government overlords?
I already answered most about Yokoya, for the rest about him, his influence was pretty much unparalleled through the entire LG and it emphasized his victory over his complex even more that he commanded the group of people in that way instead of someone like Akiyama doing it instead. It's been his entire shtick since his introduction again not a hard concept, but he was introduced as a char many many real life years ago so people might've forgotten his style.

You know there were other masked individuals in that game who weren't ok with how things were developing because they maintained power the entire time until the group decided to suddenly rebel, those were the ones complaining about that, not some random unnamed higher ups, pretty self explanatory.

I'm sure that you know enough about Kaitani as an author to know his exact mindset behind writing the last pages, definitely was planning on something different but changed it to the real ending at the last second I believe you man. It was perfectly fine as a standalone ending, I'm not even expecting a sequel and I despise when things aren't cleared up perfectly and explained in a satisfactory manner. It wasn't even much of a cliffhanger, but now at least the possibility of a sequel(or prequel) is there, the way it did end was fine.

It's been a song sung for generations how the government should be afraid of its people, in a fear-ruled country like the one described in the manga, China or not, the last thing the government would want was something powerful or inspiring enough to cause its people to rebel. The things you describe are exactly what would happen though, you say "it seems absurb" but meanwhile it's been evidenced by actual real life occurrences, governments do not deal well with riots or rebellions and the way it was set up in the manga was about as realistic as it comes.

You made it seem like the people who partook in the LG would be placed in front of a squad of armed SWAT members, but there's a difference between the LG revolution and an actual stirred revolution from the books. The population of a county far exceeds the population of a government using fear to rule and if it got worse they'd get their own machine guns and fight back. It's so symbolic, hell, from the very first chapter of the LG had everyone playing decided "fuck this let's rebel" the LGT would have been powerless to stop and it would have ended just as described. It's common sense it's how things work hence what thoe governments censored and tried to stop for that reason.

The thing is no one is influential enough to do such a thing, it's obvious all the people are oppressed and do not enjoy their time in x country, they needed a good push to actually do something. Something like that novel, something like Yokoya's influence, etc. was enough, it's all about the crowd mentality, no single person would speak up in that situation but once given enough incentive it's over. Source: real life

As for the food they didn't have enough food to last forever, they would undoubtedly lose the war, everyone had decided to cooperate and could chill indefinitely as the LGT were bound by their words and would have to constantly provide more food for them and so on also pretty self explanatory. If it was a stamina battle from that point it was sure to be the group's victory, so no point in them wasting time when they recognized their loss.

In summary: How would you rather have things gone? Do you feel that it's bad writing just because it didn't end how you wanted it to? Can you give some examples of what would be a better ending given the time constraints of wrapping it all up in the last few chapters?

Calisi said:
I was SO close to giving this series a 10....and then I read this chapter. It didn't seem like an ending at all and nothing irritates me more than a series that doesn't seem like it has a proper ending. So I have to give it a 9/10. Still great, but could've easily gotten a 10 from me if the ending had been on par with the rest of the series.
This was one of the best chapters in the manga imo, you should re-read the whole manga some time so you aren't behind on things or haven't forgotten too much. I hate that too, the ending is probably one of hte most important parts of a series to me and I can't stand when it's not wrapped together nicely. This one was done excellent though. Before I read it I could have sworn I'd be disappointed, I was preparing for the absolute worst. On top of that it had that kind of "open ending" that I loathed, but in the end it delivered spectacularly.

What about it didn't seem like an ending? All the loose ends were tied up, maybe you wanted something else to happen instead which I'll ask you the same questions as I gave the above poster, other than that there isn't really much else and it was still an ending. You might think it was wrapped up too abruptly but it didn't stop its quality reveals and explanations, only the speed at which they were actually revealed was changed not cut content or making the chapter shittier because of it. To be able to put everything so concisely in the past few chapters and wrap things up without leaving any questions in such a short time is even more testament to how well handled it was.

Also even if the chapter was 1/10 the manga as a whole would still be an easy 10 imo, the journey this past 6+ years has had for LG was a good one, truly a good manga it will be missed. But it wasn't, the ending was still god tier just like the rest of the series for that I am proud.

Didn't mean to make this post very long... but wanted to clear up as many misconceptions as possible so that maybe people can appreciate the chapter more, since some things are just wrong and can be easily remedied by again, (re)reading the manga.
Jan 31, 2015 12:54 AM
Jan 2009
I actually liked the ending. Sure, it was rushed and really needed a few more chapters to properly wrap things up, but the underlying message is definitely good. And it's true, too. There absolutely is a "shadow government" pulling the strings around the world.
Jan 31, 2015 6:26 AM

May 2013
I feel like there's going to be a sequel... but Liar Game is done since well... The Liar Games are done.

9/10 as a series though. Very amusing.
Looking forward to Kaitani-sensei's new work as it says on the bottom of the last page... (hopefully a sequel!)
Jan 31, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Wow that was unexpected end, to think liar game would had this kind of ending...
I would say this last chapter is not the best, it felt like the the ending was kinda forced. Even so, i really like this manga, and i proud to read it from long ago. Thanks Kaitani-sensei!!
A Place Further Than The Universe is the best anime so far
Jan 31, 2015 7:34 AM

Oct 2008
Dissappointing 5th round and rushed ending. However, this is still my favourite manga I guess
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Jan 31, 2015 7:53 AM
Jan 2015
I get that the author's point with this final chapter is to send a message to the readers that these higher powers actually exist in real life as well and by ending it so abruptly on the last page the message will be more shocking to us.

However this is still a manga.....a fictional story, for which I want at least a bit more dragged out ending to show us how some of the characters continued living their life.
And then after some happy reunion they could have just showed us this last page as a shocking ending.
If you think about it doesn't even make sense that the goverment took down the videos this fast. They couldn't even watch it until the end just like the rest of the people so they couldn't come to the conclusion either that this video is needed to be taken down. Not to mention it's not like they need to just snap their fingers and voila....the videos are gone forever. Not only does it take some time but there is also the Streisand effect.

Also I was totally expecting a meeting between the players and the masked men. After all they have the same personalities so I was wondering who was Akiyama's and Nao's equivalent(Yokoya's was his father) in the old Liar Game. The confrontation between the old and the new players was needed and that's other reason this ending chapter was super rushed.
Jan 31, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2007
Danno said:

Mowed down by whom? With what power? You forget to use brain and realize that people give the authorities their powers, not the other way around. It's an artificial god people have created.

Also if they kill all the peasants who will work? LOOOOL
Will the "authorities" come and work the land? hahahaha I am just baffled by your logic flaws.

Calisi said:

It got a 10 from me so your ra(n)ting is irrelevant.

Ontopic:

Very good ending. A very logical ending.

I also wonder about akyiama's equivalent within the hosts. Vivy from china's liar games was obviously his equivalent for writing the book. Very interesting.

I expected some garbage ending. Glad the ending wasn't dragged out, because this isn't some dumb manga like naruto. :)
The one chapter ending was brilliant and i didn't expect the author to be so concise and crystal clear in one single chapter and also bring a perfect ending that allows a sequel but doesn't necessarily asks for one.

A sequel i imagine might be above the author's capabilities, who knows, but i would like to see one nonetheless. Akyiama, Yokoya, Nao, Fukunaga and people like them taking on the world's powers!

The ending also clearly shows all the governments felt threatened by the videos.
JudgeRuthlessJan 31, 2015 8:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 10:04 AM

Jun 2010
Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't really love the ending... Though I don't dislike it either, just hoped for something more positive. But it still outdid hundreds of other rushed endings I've seen. Hoping to read something similarly mind-blowing from the author soon.

Also, I was 100% CERTAIN Leronira was Akiyama's brilliant psychology professor guy. Boy, was I way off.
Jan 31, 2015 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Seems to me like they were forced to end this quickly.

Anyway that was an interesting ending even if I expected something else at the end.
Jan 31, 2015 12:03 PM

May 2009
Peralisc said:

Very good ending. A very logical ending.

ye... very good very logical ending... pepole are good... but then the govrnment kils them... d*mn... makes u think...

Actually no, it was a wet fart of an ending. It wasn't rushed, because Kaitani made clear that this was the final arc, but after the steal-a-chair, the following games were pretty crappy, since they were won not because of some interesting twisting of the rules but due to some convoluted manga-psychology. It's clear that he had no idea on how to continue or how to wrap up things in a satisfactory manner, so he went for a cliffhanger ending.

Still, it's a 10 out of 10 manga and I'm sticking to my decision. I'm not expecting any kind of sequel though.
Jan 31, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2014
Even if they wanted to focus on the anti-government aspect, they didn't suddenly need an overt political backstory. It felt shoehorned in to ensure that the reader is forcefully fed the "official aesop" of the series. I would have grasped the political parallels and applications of these games without an awkward last-minute infodump, thank you very much.
Feb 1, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, I read through this manga in 1 day, I was waiting for a long time for it to finish, so I could pick it up.

If I had to put up in summary - I was not disappointed with my wait, but not highly entangled as well.. I honestly believe people, who were reading it chapter by chapter missed tonns of details... but it almost 100% has been for better, trust me...

Around half games ended up with me half sleeping and just screaming - damn, end it already, even I have already realised what will happen.. And I am only minor in psychology here, totally not a genius like akiyama/yokoya appear to be...

A few games were stupid beyond believe... as in, where a much more perfect action could be played out, but 4th round qualification with vaccine/infection game was the most illogical of all, I guess. Mostly because of yokoya's plot armor, I guess.

Math/card based were hard for me to analyze, as I obviously couldn't see that far as to predict so many step ahead in a card game.. heck, I bet even masters at poker wouldn't make such perfect decision in the circumstances liar game is held.. too much pressure to concentrate on so many possibilities of betrayal.

But some were literally amazing - no matter which manga I read I rarely ever show emotions during reading, as I try to analyze it, even if it's comedy manga. At most a faint smile. But the moment when yokoya was trapped in the chairs game and fatso won... that reaction - I simply had to burst into laughter, that was probably first time I ever laughed on manga, ever... I remember laughing on some anime before, but I already forgot when or how it was.

I enjoyed the diversity of characters - everyone had their own reasons for actions and point of views... If I were to pick character, whom I would resemble most in the game - it would no doubt be yokoya, I share his ideas about hitler and also winning no matter the cost would no doubt be my strive, I could easily abandon my allies as well just to profit myself.
But I could also see how some people could appeal to both akiyama and kanzaki, heck maybe even harimoto and his religious ideas. All of them made a valid point from certain point of view. Currently our life is pretty much is all about trying to put a nice mask like kanzaki where you are honest and helpful, while actual actions would be between akiyama and yokoya, I guess.

I found those last revelations chapter rather intriguing. After Yokoya revealing that actions were literally repeating by the book - it was clear as water that someone, most likely Artier was trying to repeat them for one or another reason - so the only question was - why? And it was perfectly explained with 1 or 2 surprises along the way.. Rebelais being Yokoya's father for instance.. there wasn't much chance to be reveal it before the end of the game, as we barely got to see him before the finals. But it was not an impossible occurance for sure that one of the masks was him, considering that the moment Yokoya was certain he couldn't get 500 mill by the time, I bet it was his father who 'putted up' the liars game card in front, as in provoking him to join up. Maybe even the whole idea behind - get me 500 million was all to get him into the game.(though timerframe would be a bit weird then)
The ending may not be suitable for everyone, but it's certainly valid. It's more open ended than one may wish, but, personally I have nothing against it. It actually reveals us a very important fact, which a lot of people overlook: if the video was banned, it was done for a reason. Had the game concluded different than the novel, with greed winning for example, I doubt they would ever put a stop to the video. But using all the power to hide it's existance means that they liar's game realy reached what was at least very close to the true ending the author tried to publish. If you ask me - a brilliant way to end it. Not the best way, but certainly a good one. You could even make a continuation with such an open end, but I realy hope there won't be one - it's good the way it is.

All in all it was a great manga, certainly author did not disappoint me yet again, but I seriously think One outs left a bigger impression on me.. So I can't give higher than 9, it's actually even a weak 9, something in the middle of 8 and 9 probably. As good as it was - there were plenty of flaws, which people of such level like akiyama/yokoya would never do.
Feb 2, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
horribly rushed ending... which is a shame. Also cheesy ending. The message was clear, but not especially thought provoking, and how it was done was so cheesy and didn't feel like a real ending.

also, yokoya took losing waaaay to well. From what we know about him, he would have been completely different. But his defeat was just skimmed over which is pretty weird considering how he is like the main antagonist.

I like liar game very much except for this last chapter... feels like they could've taken more time and gave us a proper ending.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Feb 3, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
I have no words other than awful. Judging by the huge number of plotholes this so-called ending left, Kaitani just slapped it on at the last moment, after a bit of reading up some japanese forums where many half-jokingly suggested the idea of the Liar Game being a staged show. He's just got fed up with this manga that bad, and we can only mourn it.

Also, I bet you a hundred that there won't be any sequel. First, as I said, he's fed up with Liar Game, and second, no manga of Kaitani ever had sequels, he just moves onto something else to never get back, so you better abandon all hope.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 4, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2010
CG said:
I have no words other than awful. Judging by the huge number of plotholes this so-called ending left, Kaitani just slapped it on at the last moment, after a bit of reading up some japanese forums where many half-jokingly suggested the idea of the Liar Game being a staged show. He's just got fed up with this manga that bad, and we can only mourn it.

Also, I bet you a hundred that there won't be any sequel. First, as I said, he's fed up with Liar Game, and second, no manga of Kaitani ever had sequels, he just moves onto something else to never get back, so you better abandon all hope.
Do you REALLY think that Kaitani pulled the ending out of his ass at the last second, do you truly think that's how writing works? If so you need to reread the manga, it's obvious he had the idea for some time.

Are you intentionally being oblivious to what happened in the final chapters? Go read my post from last page, I challenge you to name a single so called "plot hole" you feel the ending is overridden with. Pro tip: you can't
Feb 4, 2015 10:40 PM

May 2010
Spoilers for anyone who's made it this far into the topic that cares.

Since the whole last game the ending was obvious. Yokoya read a book about it, the game is the four kingdoms. It even explained why all the dealers have widely different personalities and levels of intelligence, and don't know each other all that well. I never believed the LGT office would actually sell people or even had the resources to do so. It was simply that their purpose was unknown.

As for it ending the series, I feel like this seems more to be an ending to "Liar Game" and the potential beginning of a new series starring Akiyama and Kanzaki, probably delving into the world of politics and having politicians as enemies (they are liars by trade, of course). We also can't forget Leronira having an interesting deal of good intuition regarding the players and other dealers. We don't know if it's because he's Akiyama's teacher, or if he was a double agent the whole time and is the reason why the government acted so swiftly.

At this point I simply think of it as another cliffhanger. Maybe the author is a bit tired of learning material to present us new tricks and psychology, and has decided to take the series into a slightly different route. I don't know, but I am looking forward to it, hoping there is a sequel.
Feb 8, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
I really enjoyed reading this manga. The ending was meh... but the manga is a solid 8/10 for me.
Feb 9, 2015 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
The ending does in no way hamper my overall thoughts of it, still remains one of the most entertaining reads i've ever had. My only disappointment was that i expected a bit more from the conclusion of the rivalry between Yokoya and Akiyama.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 13, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2010
Ummm.... okay?

That was a crappy ending to an otherwise good manga.
Feb 17, 2015 10:01 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm, I didn't like this nearly as much as One-Outs, it had way too many flaws in my opinion, but before I get to that, wanna bitch about the ending. Holy crap was that a bad ending, that was as cheesy as any of those crappy b-rate action movies where all of a sudden at the end you see some new bad guy then the cast look at each other and go "Let's go!" in sync, in an effort to hopefully get another sequel, just as bad as the prequel was. But more than that, that explanation of the game, the people behind it and the last round were all rushed and extremely underwhelming.

I mean the initial scope of the series was sort of large, however I guess after the third, and into the fourth game it became somewhat apparent that the author had no intention to follow through with such a large scope which is why despite previously implying their were a plethora of pools from which the liar game was drawing from, there only seemed to be 3-4. This led to a rather small cast of characters for a series like this, leaving only like 3-5 competent players in a game of hundreds.

Another thing that bugged me, and probably why the same thing didn't bug me in One-Outs, was that this series tried to be "realistic" by including real psychology terms . . . The only problem is that more than half the time they were used incorrectly and assumptions made by "psychology majors" were for the most part inaccurate. This wouldn't be as annoying if they took it slightly more extreme so that obviously it wasn't trying to be full on realistic, but they didn't so it created this reaction of just "What? No, that isn't right . . . ". For instance in One-Outs, the MC would have been kicked out of like every game had he talked as much as he did to the other team, but because it took that over the top approach I really kind of didn't care or really think about how off it was in regards to the rules of Baseball. The main reason I am complaining about the misuse of psychology though is because of how often they would break off in to long tangents about some psychological theory, reading a full page of psuedo-psychology is painful. I wouldn't mind them warping theories if they kept them short . . .

Having said all that, and I know a bitched A LOT, I actually enjoyed the majority of the series. I really loved the chair match, probably my favorite part of the series, however overall I really enjoyed it. My one wish is that there would have been more competent characters but I guess seeing Akimiya leading the sheep was funny too in its own way. Definitely an enjoyable series, I would give this series a 7/10.
Feb 22, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing manga, mediocre last game (even the bidding before it was much more tense), awful and rushed ending.

It's a shame really, it got really good when Yokoya was introduced (Contraband and Musical Chairs were fantastic) and like a lot of people said I was ready to give this a 10/10, but it didn't manage to give a satisfying finale.

Regardless, the Yokoya vs Akiyama rivaldry was handled well, they themselves were really entertaining characters and Kanzaki foolish personality made her a very sympathetic character in the long run, so I enjoyed the whole thing more than I thought I would.

9/10.
Mar 7, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
I blinked and it was over. Oh my god this manga TTuTT

Definitely will reread once my brains revive to their normal state. They are currently melting into a puddle in the corner while my body is typing this message on auto mode.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.