Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2018 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
MrMushin said:
Dude, it's a tv series, not some denpa visual novel even a school kid should be able to handle it.
That's why it airs after midnight on tv. So that kids in Nippon won't watch it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2018 3:40 AM

Jan 2011
YizelTro said:
HOW THE F IS THIS A 13 RATING SERIES ?!

Totally. This is why youth of today is largely morally fucked up because they aren't adults, with no real life experience, and exposed to fairly explicit and traumatic scenes with the context of "entertainment". And it's irrelevant when it's timed to air with the ability to download, stream, and/or record. Same concept of every child-teen getting a M rated game the day it drops...

Anywho...it was an interesting start. Brutal and violent. A little hard to watch as I don't like rape scenes but I like the honest brutality of this spin on the adventurer genre.
Oct 7, 2018 3:46 AM
Dec 2013
Damn, what a brutal start. Really sets the tone. I knew beforehand there was going to be rape in it, so I wasn't too shocked about it. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes. Wonder if this anime will become mainstream...
Oct 7, 2018 3:50 AM

Jan 2018
These goblins are a bunch of perverts .
Oct 7, 2018 3:58 AM

May 2016
That was some good shit.

Mc seiyuu is one of my favorites awesome couldn't ask for more hope he doesn't turn out to be a fool.
Oct 7, 2018 3:59 AM

Aug 2014
Blue_Reaper said:
uninstallthegame said:
i'm amazed people are complaining about rape. so gory violence is good, but rape is no-no? okay...

because they are cowards who's too afraid a fictional rape becomes reality in their life.
i bet these people are the same people who accuse people who enjoyed anime lolis are pedophile.

I guess you never had a ex-girlfriend being raped. It isn't that it is violent, it is that you remember shit that you would rather be without. All the power to people that don't mind it, it just isn't everyone.
Oct 7, 2018 4:01 AM

Jun 2013
joe_g7 said:
MrMushin said:
Dude, it's a tv series, not some denpa visual novel even a school kid should be able to handle it.
That's why it airs after midnight on tv. So that kids in Nippon won't watch it.

You are right, but nowadays, unless it's a shounen, every anime has a night time tv slot. Like, something like Release the Spyce from this season has an even later time slot from goblin slayer, on 2:40 am, and that's just some PG-13 (for the first episode at least) cute girls doing cute things while fighting to establish peace in the city.
MrMushinOct 7, 2018 4:06 AM
Oct 7, 2018 4:05 AM
Mar 2018
Lol, why tf is it PG-13. Seriously MAL? Change that shit asap.
Oct 7, 2018 4:07 AM
Feb 2017
I used to be an adventurer like you.... then I took a goblin dick in the ass
Oct 7, 2018 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
MrMushin said:
You are right, but nowadays, unless it's a shounen, every anime has a night time tv slot. Like, something like Release the Spyce from this season has an even later time slot from goblin slayer, on 2:40 am, and that's just some PG-13 (for the first episode at least) cute girls doing cute things while fighting to establish peace in the city.
If I had to guess, then I'd say that that's just the unfortunate corporate side of the industry. Goblin Slayer just had more money to throw at the tv stations to broadcast the anime at a better time. Apart from the LN and the manga, it has two new manga spin-offs. So, a lot is riding on this anime, and getting a shit time slot would not be good.

It would be a pretty big twist tho if Release the Spyre proved to be plenty brutal as well xD
Oct 7, 2018 4:20 AM

Mar 2018
I came to this anime fully aware of what I'm getting into but still... damn son... I'm just glad I didn't watch it eating something like I usually do. And that priestess still has the guts to continue as an adventurer even after what she witnessed? Talk about daring.

Oct 7, 2018 4:41 AM

Sep 2017
Esquirtit said:
Deku6339 said:

I don't know if I am angry or just disappointed that soo many people judged in just 1 episode..

Yes, it is about a badass guy slaying goblins..who could have guessed
sorry I thought this was Goblin Slayer Episode 1 discussion

This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

This is SUCH a great point to DisCuSS about.

This is episode 1 discussion not episode 1 hate thread.

To help you understand the word discussion: https://www.google.co.in/search?source=hp&ei=kO-5W82tIZKv9QO96pewDQ&ins=false&q=discussion+meaning&oq=discussion+m&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.0i70i255j0l3j0i2i159.1833.12493..13803...4.0..0.216.2824.0j11j4......0....1.......5..35i39j46i39j0i131j46i131j0i10j0i2i159i10j0i22i30.FVeAeF1DmYA

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 7, 2018 4:47 AM

Aug 2012
This gave me Doom vibes. I like it :)
Oct 7, 2018 4:47 AM
Mar 2013
Oh god. Came in without any idea of what this is about. I need an eye bleach
Oct 7, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
Blue_Reaper said:
as i expected, people start bitching about the rape, logic, and dark elements lol.

i just don't understand what's your standard for "dark" themed anime. just curious if this isn't dark then what should be considered dark?
or you just hate it because you can't enjoyed it?

Well what'd you expect from MAL community, most of us are bunches of people who love to spreading negativity on everything lol, knowing hating any popular series or mainstream anime are considered cool here is enough to prove it and not surprising this anime is going to be the same case like re:zero and overlord..

And i suggest they try to touch any dark hentai anime who there are a lot being included in the database, which is absolutely out of the line than this..
Crocospect22Oct 7, 2018 4:59 AM
Oct 7, 2018 4:54 AM

Jul 2014
well i never read the manga or light novel so i came with low expectation when watching this anime and boi this is quite surprising and caught my guard off...

Can't wait for next episode..
Oct 7, 2018 4:56 AM

Jul 2016
ganomed said:
It's not logic the goblins poisoned the first girl, they should have try to capture her has well.
One episode one plothole

Because goblins are egoistic little creatures that prioritizes emotion over logic. In their little brain while they have no qualms betraying their own kind to save their own skin, they somehow felt camaraderie conveniently when the mage brunt one of them to crisp.

They felt the urge to quench their thirst for revenge of their slain 'comrade' over the desire to obtain another plaything/breeding tool and thus stab the mage in a fit of 'just' anger.
NitroKageAkiOct 7, 2018 5:00 AM
Oct 7, 2018 4:57 AM
Jun 2016
This is the horror show.

Have just watched this anime...and my goodness, we get down to business in the first few minutes....

Hope I have my wits around me for the whole show....
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 7, 2018 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
wait..was the girl with the long hair raped by a goblin..?
Oct 7, 2018 5:00 AM

Mar 2018
Ballroomdancer said:
Esquirtit said:
sorry I thought this was Goblin Slayer Episode 1 discussion

This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

This is SUCH a great point to DisCuSS about.

This is episode 1 discussion not episode 1 hate thread.

To help you understand the word discussion: https://www.google.co.in/search?source=hp&ei=kO-5W82tIZKv9QO96pewDQ&ins=false&q=discussion+meaning&oq=discussion+m&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.0i70i255j0l3j0i2i159.1833.12493..13803...4.0..0.216.2824.0j11j4......0....1.......5..35i39j46i39j0i131j46i131j0i10j0i2i159i10j0i22i30.FVeAeF1DmYA
Lol bitch what? Who are you? I'm sorry you're just another MAL user you dont decide what gets discussed and what not suck it and read it yourself because I dont think you understand
poop
Oct 7, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
Paul said:
Koroginzu said:
I kinda like it Goblin Slayer, because dark atmosphere in it.
But it's very ridiculous, about goblins who like to rape women to increase their populations... is there no female goblin? lol

It varies between stories. It's not uncommon to have stories where goblins, orcs and various other monsters are only born male or in some cases, only female, and have extremely low birth rate of the other gender, so they copulate with other creatures to prolong their species. Though you can probably guess, stories that elaborate on this are usually r18 stuff or explicit series like this.

I don't hate it, but yeah this anime interesting :3
KoroginzuJul 20, 2019 9:18 PM
My Candies:
Bonus Candies:

Oct 7, 2018 5:09 AM
Jul 2007
Hatred said:

Yes. She's going to get an abortion now.
Oct 7, 2018 5:10 AM

Nov 2010
Ziirf said:
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?

Yes, there will be more rape scenes.
Oct 7, 2018 5:10 AM

Jul 2017
That was dark...but the cute artstyle is just unfitting to the atmosphere. Kinda reminds me of akame ga kill.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 7, 2018 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
superzombie23 said:
Hatred said:

Yes. She's going to get an abortion now.

she's as good as dead now isn't she
Oct 7, 2018 5:24 AM

Sep 2018
Another title that perhaps will reserve some nice surprises at the end of the season. Start very well chosen, although obvious in the results, but does not detract from the narrative, which remains real and very raw. Fanservice only mentioned that does not bother, but enhances the qualities of the most bloody title of the season. Pretty good graphics quality.
Oct 7, 2018 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
am i the only one that triggered by the action the newbs ?
Oct 7, 2018 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
Necromia said:
This gave me Doom vibes. I like it :)

yeah... but i prefer DOOM SLAYER !!!
Oct 7, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
joe_g7 said:
MrMushin said:
If I had to guess, then I'd say that that's just the unfortunate corporate side of the industry. Goblin Slayer just had more money to throw at the tv stations to broadcast the anime at a better time. Apart from the LN and the manga, it has two new manga spin-offs. So, a lot is riding on this anime, and getting a shit time slot would not be good.

It would be a pretty big twist tho if Release the Spyre proved to be plenty brutal as well xD

I guess that's right, my knowledge is really limited on that area so idk but it's makes sense.
If Release the Spyre would be brutal, that would quite the funny and weird twist lol.
Oct 7, 2018 5:49 AM

May 2018
Ziirf said:
Blue_Reaper said:

because they are cowards who's too afraid a fictional rape becomes reality in their life.
i bet these people are the same people who accuse people who enjoyed anime lolis are pedophile.

I guess you never had a ex-girlfriend being raped. It isn't that it is violent, it is that you remember shit that you would rather be without. All the power to people that don't mind it, it just isn't everyone.

LMAO my beloved cat died 3 years ago getting hit by a car, but until this day never a single moment in my life i ever feel uncomfortable seeing animal getting slaughtered in any media of fiction. why? because i moved freakin on.
It's your own fault if you see this type of "uncomfortable" entertainment. You didn't research what are you going to see though literally every Goblin Slayer fans already warned this anime will contain rape across all social media. You can even found one of those warning in other thread on this forum.
Oct 7, 2018 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
If I hear one more person try and say that Goblin Slayer is bad mainly cuz rape I'm gonna go insane
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
Blue_Reaper said:
Ziirf said:

LMAO my beloved cat died 3 years ago getting hit by a car, but until this day never a single moment in my life i ever feel uncomfortable seeing animal getting slaughtered in any media of fiction. why? because i moved freakin on.
It's your own fault if you see this type of "uncomfortable" entertainment. You didn't research what are you going to see though literally every Goblin Slayer fans already warned this anime will contain rape across all social media. You can even found one of those warning in other thread on this forum.

There was no point in comparing the death of a pet with a loved one being raped.
On my very first post on this post I asked if there would be anymore rape scenes, I was confirmed that there would be and I said "alright, I won't watch anymore then". Since then I been called out multiple times. - I wont tell anyone they are wrong for liking this, I just wanted to let you know that there are people who dislike it for a reason, while having a very high tolerance towards gore.
As for the research part, I never really research any anime before giving it the first episode, nor will i give it a rating if I didn't like it.

It isn't like I can't watch rape scenes, but if they are reoccurring I just prefer not to watch this show. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy the rest of this show.
Oct 7, 2018 6:19 AM
Oct 2018
"Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older" - is this a mistake or something ? Why no one fix this ?

LN and Manga were for adult only.
Oct 7, 2018 6:22 AM
Jun 2017
AFTER WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE, WHAT I CAN SAY THIS IS AWESOME, GREAT, i just love on how they have shown some of the scenes there, and ooopppsss the goblins here are PERVERT!!! hahaha...

definitely one of my favorite series this fall 2018... hahaha
Oct 7, 2018 6:28 AM

May 2018
Ziirf said:
Blue_Reaper said:

There was no point in comparing the death of a pet with a loved one being raped.
On my very first post on this post I asked if there would be anymore rape scenes, I was confirmed that there would be and I said "alright, I won't watch anymore then". Since then I been called out multiple times. - I wont tell anyone they are wrong for liking this, I just wanted to let you know that there are people who dislike it for a reason, while having a very high tolerance towards gore.
As for the research part, I never really research any anime before giving it the first episode, nor will i give it a rating if I didn't like it.

It isn't like I can't watch rape scenes, but if they are reoccurring I just prefer not to watch this show. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy the rest of this show.

i'm not comparing, i'm just giving you simple analogy why some people won't triggered watching this kind of morbid entertainment.
good for you then, you are not stupid. the main reason why i'm here is simple, i just want to spit on any people who spit on this anime just because it contains rape.
Oct 7, 2018 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
Was a bit worried when the show was announced as some scenes may not have been adapted, such as the rape scenes, which in my opinion set the tone for the show well and gets you to hate the goblins fairly quickly.
After episode 1, I've got to say that its a very faithful adaptation and even some of the fairly brutal scenes were added.
The only issue I have is some of the 3DCG stood out a fair bit but so far it's not an issue, hopefully the CG doesn't become too obvious in the later episodes and subtract from the show.
I don't mind CG as long as the viewer isn't watching the CG instead of the show itself.
Overall looking forward to the next episode to see how it goes.
Oct 7, 2018 6:34 AM

Aug 2014
Blue_Reaper said:
Ziirf said:

i'm not comparing, i'm just giving you simple analogy why some people won't triggered watching this kind of morbid entertainment.
good for you then, you are not stupid. the main reason why i'm here is simple, i just want to spit on any people who spit on this anime just because it contains rape.

Hope you have a lot of saliva stored up.
Oct 7, 2018 6:37 AM

Jan 2016
wow, this is awesome. I didn't expect that it would be so dark, with teenagers getting raped and slaughtered, but I still liked it, since it's a dark anime, so I wish people would stop being so bitchy. The Goblin Slayer is so badass, that was a cool shot of him walking in to help. I'd say it will probably be in the Top 3 of the season.
Oct 7, 2018 6:42 AM

Jan 2018
What is this?Berserk ver 2 ?Jk it's just the first episode so cant say anything yet.But the anime is made by White Fox so I'm having some hope that it'll get better though.
Oct 7, 2018 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
I don't want to watch this kind of brutallity.
I supose that the anime will be always goblins raping elfs and the gobling slayer killing goblins. So there's no plot progression.
I understand that some people want to watch ghoulish scenes of raped girls. But that's not for me, thanks.

Dropped.
Oct 7, 2018 6:44 AM

Feb 2014
Wasn't planning on watching this (not while airing at least), but now it seem like it will be the anime everyone will be watching and talking about from the current season, so I can't miss it out.
Oct 7, 2018 6:48 AM
Mar 2009
Must say I kinda like it but it´s way to dark for me way to dark but it was far from bad. So I will drop it. But I say this will be an anime allot of people like if they like dark anime's They done that well. Im kinda disappointed I had hope for a normal ish fantasy not game of thrones dark I was hope for more of lord of the rings dark but not to dark.
Oct 7, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
Well started. Did not read manga but it's more brutal than I expected.
Oct 7, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2016
epidemia78 said:
I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.

GemTastical said:
As someone who's read every manga chapter to date, it gets WAY willder than what's shown in episode 1 my dude.

epidemia78 said:
You've read up to what chapter?

I know, it's funny right? There are only 28 chapters so far... Based on a lot of what that guy has been saying in another thread, I'm beginning to doubt he even read the manga.
seeker_mocOct 7, 2018 7:02 AM
Oct 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
Aaaaand the snowflakes have come to cry.

I expected themes such as gore and rape on dark fantasy series, most dark fantasy mostly have those dreary themes and setting.

I expect more of this show before reading the manga and light novel, I tire of the idealistic and naive protagonists in fantasy series or most anime so I welcome pragmatic heroes or anti-heroes (villains in an extent like Ainz).
Oct 7, 2018 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
kenji1104 said:
Aaaaand the snowflakes have come to cry.

I expected themes such as gore and rape on dark fantasy series, most dark fantasy mostly have those dreary themes and setting.

I expect more of this show before reading the manga and light novel, I tire of the idealistic and naive protagonists in fantasy series or most anime so I welcome pragmatic heroes or anti-heroes (villains in an extent like Ainz).

It's refreshing in a way. No making friendly with the cute monsters. No harem. No plot armor. Just people in a dangerous fantasy world trying to survive. The only other show like this I've seen recently was Grimgar.
Oct 7, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
@Ziirf The depiction of rape get lesser and lesser. After some point it even goes away completely. So, if you can stomach it, I would recommend you keep watching since the series is pretty interesting overall. But the nudity and gore remain, so if that bothers you as well, I wouldn't recommend continuing.
Oct 7, 2018 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Well ... poor lil'gobs at the end, to say the least.

Good start for a dark fantasy tho! Will continue watching.
Oct 7, 2018 7:41 AM
Feb 2017
Ok. One question: Is Re:Zero somewhat similar to this? If yes, I think I definitely will enjoy the heck out of it. 😁
Oct 7, 2018 7:44 AM

Sep 2015
I'm loving it so far. Very much D&D campaign inspired. You can see it from the outset. I've only read like the first chapter of the light novel so I don't know where its really headed but I'm all in. Really got me in the mindset to run my D&D game. Also gotta say that the soundtrack is fire for this show. I hope they release it at some point because I would totally love to add it to my already massive collection of scores.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Weird sound

z0idberger - Jun 4

16 by Monkadude15 »»
Jun 5, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.