Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 12, 2018 7:16 PM

Oct 2014
it appeals to me as it is different than most romance animes
although im not fan of big age gaps

but in the past large age gaps were normal so whatever right

RandomCritic said:
Elegade said:
@RandomCritic Yep, keep thinking that. But remember this, once his dick can't go up anymore, their sex life is practically finished. One of the top reasons for infidelity is the lack of a sexual appetite.

Well, my mother was a nurse before she retired 5 years ago and her last 10 years (she's been a nurse for 35 years) she worked at nursing homes and with her i saw Old people of marriages that the man was on bed and/or had erectile dysfunction and the wife was still there and their relationship showed so much love that looked like still newly weds.

I've seen women marry men in wheelchairs that has no function from bellow the waist and they still have a happy marriage.

Even more:

The only women who are obsessed with d**** are nymphos and hyper sexuality types, and those who are just with the man for interest not for him (which only wants his money and doesn't love him).

Regular women, when they really love her man, she will not care. Like I said, there are ways to by pass that problem for their sex life in their relationship.

yeah, dicks are not necessary at all (well, only for child production (which is also unecessary))

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuJan 20, 2018 10:53 AM
omae no pantsu misete kudasai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 12, 2018 8:51 PM

May 2017
Elegade said:

Well, some of those people in those homes were 10 years apart more or less.
It still doesn't change anything because I never said not having sex. I said that a woman that truly loves does not care about that problem and that there are ways to bypass erection dysfunction

And you ignored my comment about lesbians. They have no d*** and still have a happy sex life with their partner/lover and are together for many years.
I had this acquaintance that has been a lesbian for 30 years and still a virgin because she want no d*** in her and this includes even toys and dil**. And she has her partner and been together for like 20 years and have no problems with. (And last I heard of them, they are still together)

So it doesn't change anything.

Besides; women like Akira are the romantic type not the hyper sexual type. Akira is too mature for her age.
And I bet you MY LIFE that women like Akira that really loves her man will not care about erectile dysfunction.

Besides, you comment is irrelevant and can only be taken as a joke because erectile dysfunction for a man is obtained by chance. Because I've seen plenty of men in their 50s-70s who still can give a woman a big screw over.
The only thing that changes in a man as he grow old is his sexual drive.
But you are so blind in your believe that you don't want to see that women are not as sexual driven as men.
Women can stay without sex for a longer period of time without care or need of it than men.
And the only women who constant crave it are: whores and women with hyper sexuality.

And I bet you my life on it.

If Akira and the manager marry, it will not make a difference.
When a woman really loves a man, she will not care if he has erectile dysfunction.
I bet you my life on it.
And there will always be ways to bypass such problems. Specially with today's science.
You comment is irrelevant and can only be taken as a joke. I pity you though, since you have such a close minded view.

ThatRandomDudeJan 12, 2018 9:03 PM
Jan 13, 2018 5:21 AM

Jul 2016
I dont see a controversy. We had Nabokovs Lolita in the 60s thats 50+ years ago. The girl is pre-puberty in this book and its a literature classic. How you feel with such an age gap for your personal life is a different topic, you can still enjoy the story nevertheless.

Jan 13, 2018 7:57 PM
Dec 2017
Just watched the first episode, and my opinion changed, i thought it would have been an elderly man with white hair and a saggy face, like the main character in Inuyashiki, but the man looks F###able as hell.
Jan 13, 2018 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Who cares? She's more than old enough to bear children. Only if the genders were reversed it would be weird, because the female would be bordering on infertility at the very least, and any offspring would have a high chance of mental/physical disability.
Jan 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
Elegade said:
RandomCritic said:

Well, my mother was a nurse before she retired 5 years ago and her last 10 years (she's been a nurse for 35 years) she worked at nursing homes and with her i saw Old people of marriages that the man was on bed and/or had erectile dysfunction and the wife was still there and their relationship showed so much love that looked like still newly weds.

I've seen women marry men in wheelchairs that has no function from bellow the waist and they still have a happy marriage.

Even more:

The only women who are obsessed with d**** are nymphos and hyper sexuality types, and those who are just with the man for interest not for him (which only wants his money and doesn't love him).

Regular women, when they really love her man, she will not care. Like I said, there are ways to by pass that problem for their sex life in their relationship.

The examples you gave are people that are of the same age. She's like 17, and he's 45. In ten years she's 27, and he's 55. She has a healthy sexual appetite at that age, she's can still practically be in her prime. If she was the same age as him, and then his dick stopped working, that's another story. If they marry, and get into a relationship at say, 18, its not going to last. How many people throughout history goes out with someone 30 years older than them, and the realtionship works? People even the same age get a divorce cause they can't dick down properly with their significant other, what makes you think grandpa's relationship would be any different?

With the lesbos, thats a completely different scenario, they choose not get the dick, so they can live without it.

There's a hentai that perfectly reenacts this scenario of a guy that is sick and cant get his dick up ap his wife has to find alternatives. I'll go look for it.

Yeah with that, I think it would be best to say "let's see where this goes" for now. I agree with you but I am getting the hunch that it is going to be one of those walking down the memory lane kind of anime where something really special happens to you in teenage that becomes a memory you cherish, but not something that would last. A totally unrelated but somewhat similar theme I am talking about is the movie prime, where two people loved reach other, but decide to move on when it's time. Who knows this anime might end up like that, I am not sure they will show them end up together. Because the synopsis also contains a catch about his response.
Jan 14, 2018 1:26 PM

May 2017
I still dont know why people keep so biased on this.
This is part of culture in japan, as mentioned.
This is not the first series of shoujo genre with age gap like this.

hell I can even give you one sample of an "Isekai" story, which is shonen, that puts a 35 year old man marrying a 15 year old girl.
And people don't go bullshiting because of it.

Are they protesting because this is shoujo?

Hell, this story is not new. The manga version has years on it. It was published in 2014, and I didn't see people complaining about the age gap in the manga back then when it was being published and when it was being fan-translated on Manga websites.

So why people are now bitching about the age gap for the anime adaptation?
This is so biased.

Ah, btw, the isekai novel (and now being adapted to manga) that i speak of is: Isekai ni Kita Mitai dakedo ikanisureba Yaoi no Darou (roughtly translated to: "It seems i came to another world, Now what should I do?)
That is one of a few "iseka" typei involving adult men getting involved with a teenage girl in a relationship, or having a harem.
I have other two that I do not remember the names. One of them is a 95 year old man getting a young adult body when goes to isekai and get a harem of 2 girls and the novel even has sex scenes.
Another about an adult man veterinarian that was summoned to another world to tend monster pets and he form a relationship with an assigned assistant which is 15.

And these novels are known well in japan and are being adapted to manga (also the mangas were tuned down a bit).

So age gap like this is not a first time going in japan for a story, especially on shoujo genre.

I think all this opinions are biased and hypocritical.

But, haters are going to hate.
Jan 14, 2018 5:22 PM

Apr 2016
I try to be that person who's like, "love comes in all forms", but I'm sorry some age gaps are just outrageous. Those 2 are in two different stages of their life and are looking for two different things from others. And her purposes for liking the GROWN MAN (from what I've seen) are so minuscule and common. You can't find those traits in ANYBODY your age?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 7:29 PM

Mar 2017
RandomCritic said:
I still dont know why people keep so biased on this.
This is part of culture in japan, as mentioned.
This is not the first series of shoujo genre with age gap like this.

hell I can even give you one sample of an "Isekai" story, which is shonen, that puts a 35 year old man marrying a 15 year old girl.
And people don't go bullshiting because of it.

Hell, this story is not new. The manga version has years on it. It was published in 2014, and I didn't see people complaining about the age gap in the manga back then when it was being published and when it was being fan-translated on Manga websites.

So why people are now bitching about the age gap for the anime adaptation?
This is so biased.

Ah, btw, the isekai novel (and now being adapted to manga) that i speak of is: Isekai ni Kita Mitai dakedo ikanisureba Yaoi no Darou (roughtly translated to: "It seems i came to another world, Now what should I do?)
That is one of a few "iseka" typei involving adult men getting involved with a teenage girl in a relationship, or having a harem.
I have other two that I do not remember the names. One of them is a 95 year old man getting a young adult body when goes to isekai and get a harem of 2 girls and the novel even has sex scenes.
Another about an adult man veterinarian that was summoned to another world to tend monster pets and he form a relationship with an assigned assistant which is 15.

And these novels are known well in japan and are being adapted to manga (also the mangas were tuned down a bit).

So age gap like this is not a first time going in japan for a story, especially on shoujo genre.

I think all this opinions are biased and hypocritical.

But, haters are going to hate.

"This is part of culture in japan, as mentioned."

That doesn't mean we can't dislike it... People need to stop using this as a defense. Just because its culture/accepted in japan doesn't make it good.
Jan 14, 2018 7:47 PM

Nov 2008
Elegade said:
In like 10 years she's gonna have to deal with that erectile dysfunction.

EXACTLY.

There are just too many problems to count since they're in VERY different periods of their lives.

By the time she is mature enough to raise a family, he will be ready for a senior home.

It's so f*cked up, man. It's not going to work at all.

All he did was give her a coffee and a little cheer-up with it while she was waiting for the rain to pass. How do you fall so madly in love from a thing like that?!?

Rofl okay, I've lost what little respect I've had for Akira just from reading that.

My OTP has a significant gap but they are BOTH still relatively young. Their lives have just started.

But pairing a girl whose life has just started (teen) with an old fart whose life is HALF OVER....just...............nope.

Too many problems, too detached from reality, and too f*cking weird.

For me, anyway.

RandomCritic said:

No. Shoujo is the best and more tasteful (in the anime world with a few exceptions)

This manga is aimed at OLDER MEN, just like the man she's crushing on

That makes it even more disturbing.
ChiibiJan 14, 2018 9:08 PM

Jan 15, 2018 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
Chiibi said:
Elegade said:
In like 10 years she's gonna have to deal with that erectile dysfunction.

EXACTLY.

There are just too many problems to count since they're in VERY different periods of their lives.

By the time she is mature enough to raise a family, he will be ready for a senior home.

It's so f*cked up, man. It's not going to work at all.

All he did was give her a coffee and a little cheer-up with it while she was waiting for the rain to pass. How do you fall so madly in love from a thing like that?!?

Rofl okay, I've lost what little respect I've had for Akira just from reading that.

My OTP has a significant gap but they are BOTH still relatively young. Their lives have just started.

But pairing a girl whose life has just started (teen) with an old fart whose life is HALF OVER....just...............nope.

Too many problems, too detached from reality, and too f*cking weird.

For me, anyway.

RandomCritic said:

No. Shoujo is the best and more tasteful (in the anime world with a few exceptions)

who says they will end up in the end anyway? Its very likely she will have a crush on him and idealize him. Like see how he was potrayed as a "loser" but she felt for him anyway without knowing anything from him as a person. Just because he gave her attention. This just smells like those random crushes people have in their school years on someone which eventually will fade away.
Jan 15, 2018 2:59 AM

Apr 2011
Its fine. Its a bit controversial. But they can marry when she turns 18.

Age really doesn't matter in matters of love. So its quite interesting how Romance develops.

Jan 15, 2018 8:15 AM

May 2017
@Brandon2149
"This is part of culture in japan, as mentioned."

That doesn't mean we can't dislike it... People need to stop using this as a defense. Just because its culture/accepted in japan doesn't make it good.

True, you have a right to dislike it.
But it is also wrong to judge a story based on the teachings of your own culture and ideals.
You find it wrong because you were raised in an enviroment that find these things wrong.
Hey, i do not aproove either of old men marrying underage girls and find stupid their reasons but that does not mean i will bash something without knowing first the reason of "why" behind it and also the type of person there is.
Also, it is an universal law that young women tend to fall in love with mature men/older men.
Second, he is NOT the one seeking HER, but the other way.

Also,

--

@Chiibi

RandomCritic said:

Nope.
First, This manga's author is a woman.
Second, The style of art and form is shoujo.
Genre At worst then, josei.
ThatRandomDudeJan 15, 2018 8:32 AM
Jan 15, 2018 11:04 AM
Dec 2015
Oh God those poll numbers have me queazy.
Jan 15, 2018 11:43 AM
Dec 2017
This anime is pretty great so far. I don't usually like age gap romance in real life or anime, but the main grill is hella cute and relatable so it's a must watch. Plus....AIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2018 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
She is 17. I really can't think of her as "underaged".
Sure, the age gap is not that small, but I also can't get the "taboo"-feeling. XD It's more like: Okay, that's the way it is for them. Weird, but never have seen this is an anime before. Also, it is made by WIT, so I'll watch this.

FueledbyKass said:
I must admit I'm a 25 year old woman who fell for a 19 year old, but I also must admit that when I realized my feelings for him, I was very troubled and felt really creepy despite the age gap not being as huge as the one in the anime.

I don't understand this either, tbh. ^^" He is a grown up guy and barely younger.
removed-userJan 15, 2018 1:17 PM
Jan 16, 2018 4:11 AM

Nov 2014
I was worried about this too, but it appears to be tactfully handled. Tachibana is perhaps the pursuer, and Kondou isn't a creep, which certainly helps. They have my blessing.
Jan 16, 2018 7:38 AM
Jan 2016
@Chiibi
It sounds like you're aware of the manga's publication, but haven't actually read any of it? Well, since you have no intention to watch it anyway, lemme just put some fears to rest with spoilers:

Jan 16, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
@MysteriousBanana

Well, that is good....my biggest problem with the series is that it has characters I could never relate to and a premise I could never relate to thus I don't have interest in seeing such things explored. :/

It's cool if others love it; it's just not for me.

I'm part of Anime News Network, so I read the reviews even on shows I'm not watching. XD They always go into depth about the origins of said show and demographics and all that.

Jan 16, 2018 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
A lot of people saying "Pft 17+ is adult anyway" are likely still young themselves and haven't hit the point where they are mentally adults. If you think you already know everything there is to know about being an adult then you are not one. Accepting that you are still growing, and that you will always learn and never know everything is a sign of maturity.

The age gap isn't the issue as much as the ages.

Having said that, and as someone who really hates the normalization of pedophilia and all related things in anime, after the first episode I think it's safe to say that this is a bit of a unique exception. He's very immature himself and as others have said kind of a loser. In many ways he is a lot like a teenage boy without the rough around the edges part so in this rare case, I get it.

Also, as a side note, when women fall for much older men like this it almost always has to do with 'daddy issues'. Either their father wasn't a part of their life, they didn't have a good relationship with their dad, etc etc.

@mysteriousbanana - That's a really wonderful analysis and I'm very glad I read it. It gives me hope for this series and it sounds very insightful, so thank you.
AmberlehJan 16, 2018 2:00 PM
Jan 17, 2018 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
theres literally at least one loli anime every season in which lolis are in love with the male mc that happens to be like 10 years older, so I don't see why this would be different.

Jan 17, 2018 8:38 PM

Aug 2009
Honestly all the guys i work with are lile ten to fifteen years older than me, and i have a crush on one. I think it isnt as weird if the younger of person of the gap is the one falling, but at the same time admiration for someone can morph or seem like love for some people...
Jan 18, 2018 12:09 PM
May 2015
spoiler image released on Twitter.

Jan 18, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
Haneken2086 said:
spoiler image released on Twitter.

That looks like he's supporting her, not like a hug or anything. Look at the awkward way her arm is.

She probably hurt her leg and he's helping her walk.
Jan 18, 2018 4:10 PM
Apr 2013
Nostalgik said:
People discussing this should just watch Koi Kaze and call it a day

QFT!

RandomCritic said:

But when comes series of an older woman be in romance with a younger man or teenager, people begin to protest and start bad mouthing the series.

I think that is biased and hypocritical.

Alfie (2008),
The Reader (2008),
Garden of Words (2013)

Just out of the top of my head. They're all great movies (Law's Alfie being the bottom feeder but far from being a flop) that portray relationships between young men and (comparatively) older women.

As for shotas, there are plenty to be found! In fact, it's one of the most popular fetishes / genres (often associated with incest). You can spot the tiny boys and the big, voluptuous women from a mile away!

People should nag less and focus on what they enjoy, tbh.

As for the series / matter at hand, the manga (and the show, so far) are pretty tasteful. Those complaining should drop the torches and pitchforks and watch it for what it is.
Jan 19, 2018 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
I don't see the problem with it as long as it's done tastefully. She's not a child so what's the issue? This isn't the first age gap romance anime, so why are people acting so surprised? Ristorante Paradiso for example was another superb anime about age gap romance.
Jan 19, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
It really depends on how the story will go. Because I don't feel any problem towards a younger girl having feelings for an older man, that's quite common and I even relate to that because at that age, the maturity and interests gap between guys and girls is usually quite big. It's hard for some girls to connect with guys their age, even when they're perfectly fine guys like the classmate who likes Tachibana. He's not even that stereotype of asshole teenage boy, he's fine. But because she feels disconnected from that type of person she tends to go for older men. That's fine by me and so far in the show (I haven't read the manga but I'm interested) the focus has been on her inner thoughts and feelings and he's been pretty clueless about it, which to me is the correct way to start. I hate hate hate age gap narratives (especially older man/younger girl ones) when the guy just immediately clicks and goes for it. That's not normal. To me, that is the kind of pedo-ish behaviour that gives these narratives a bad rep. An adult isn't supposed to just jump into something like that or even realize it's happening, you know. Because as an adult I feel you're supposed to be the mature part etc. So I mean, if it's a story about a young girl trying to cope with her feelings for an older man and eventually this concludes into some type of romance, I'm ok, I guess. If this turns into a tease pedo party, which I seeeeeriously doubt, then I'd have an issue. So far so good.

Also I completely disagree with the notion that they're making the manager extra pathetic or something just to add value to the narrative. He's very normal? He's clumsy and all but he's quite a normal person. Idk what y'all are on

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuJan 20, 2018 10:55 AM
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 19, 2018 1:38 PM
Apr 2016
mimimikachuu said:
its not the age gap tbh its that shes still in high school. once she gets out of high school, she can do whatever the heck she wants.

The age gap will still be a "stigma" thrown at them (***THEORY***) by the society. Even if the girl is the only who likes him, he will still be at fault no matter what. Because he is older. This is simply how flawed is the logic of lesser human beings, which make up the majority. Concepts of unconditional, true love are not even scratched by their fathoming. I myself see almost nothing wrong with this. But was this reversed, a 18 boy and 45 woman, well... The information we have is really scarce to process whether this is fine or not, but if the feelings are true, as in not motivated by logic or personal gain, then there should (***SHOULD***) not be anything wrong with it. WHICH, in turn, can not be really proven by one than the younger romantic, who can only be sure that much, yet always more so than anyone outside his/her being.
anapeach said:
Also I completely disagree with the notion that they're making the manager extra pathetic or something just to add value to the narrative. He's very normal? He's clumsy and all but he's quite a normal person. Idk what y'all are on

He is more of, like, decent and proper adult. We have not seen anything about him outside the "responsible labourer narrative. Anyone calling him "pathetic" is more of a Duke"N'ukem's target audience, and not of actual TRUE art.
Re:formed
Jan 19, 2018 2:29 PM

Oct 2017
So many triggered people in this thread is giving me LYFE. I love it.

This anime is pretty cute and I like it. It hasn't gone into bizarro sexual predator territory and I don't think it will, so it's fine. It's all good. People should judge this based on the actual story instead of jumping to conclusions based on the age gap.

[Becky G's "Mayores" starts playing in the background]

Then again I like older men; being 29 I almost dated a 47 years old, but then there was drama with his ex-bf and I wasn't about to fly to Australia of all places for some unsure thing (I live in Canada lol).

And honestly, if I had a goddamn dollar for every gay man I know who's with a guy 10+ years older, I'd be disgustingly rich by now. Don't even get me started on the whole "daddy" thing that is uber-common amongst all the homo-folk -- there's a reason we listen to Lana del Rey religiously (myself included).

I mean, this girl is 17 and she likes a 45 year old? Get on my level, sis. I'd date Mads Mikkelsen (52) and David Duchovny (57) and Harrison Ford (75) and trust me girlfriend, it's not about the money. ^o^ I miss 90s Harrison Ford. Those were his Prime Daddy days. I still would though. And last night when Daddy Mulder appeared in that one scene in these new X-Files episodes, lord I thought I was gonna diiiieeeee.

All I have to say about this anime after the first episode is:

GET

IT

GIRL
Devil-FlamingoJan 19, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 19, 2018 9:30 PM

Jun 2017
Know a neighbourhood couple who are separated by 8 years where the girl is older and they have been married for 6 years and still going through and seem to be head over heel still....I think people specially westerners have a predetermined prejudice that people having 5+ age difference marry for the materialistism which is far from the truth
Jan 20, 2018 2:50 AM
Apr 2016
Just take an example at Macron and his to-be wife Bridgett, who were 15 and 38 respectively when they fell in "love".
Re:formed
Jan 20, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2017
I fell in love many times with older guys (30-40, and i had a crush on a 45 yo, and also younger ones) and I'm just a few years older than Akira, I think age really doesn't matter in love, people who are scared by age differences have too many mental blocks.
Tho i think if she was younger than that it would definitely be wrong. But at 17 you're not a child anymore and you don't look like a child, you can be with who you want.
Jan 20, 2018 9:36 AM

May 2009
I think this is the first age-gap romance of this order that I've seen. However, the main girl is likable and the guy she crushes on isn't a total douche, so I;ll wait and see where they'll take it before passing judgment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
I can get past it, the only romance genre that I cant get past is gay love.
Jan 20, 2018 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
Thread cleaned, please remember to stay on-topic and civil.
Jan 22, 2018 12:43 PM
Jul 2016
AlexGK said:
I just read the manga (well, most of the chapters, there are some that are such a complete bore that I just scrolled trough). I think the age difference won't even be the main problem of the show, it will be the "plot" :/
The manga story is just that bad, there is next to no character development and all relationships looked completely "just because the author wants it so" to me. I did not see anything that would even remotely explain why the female lead is so madly in love with her boss. The author throws mad amounts of effort to make the male "lead" look as pathetic as possible, wtf is his problem?!? I don't understand this, its like the author wants to tell us "no matter how pathetic or old you are, be nice and keep dreaming, there is that gorgeous teenage girl that will fall for you just like that".

Really, the only good thing about this crap is the art. And its not even that great, its just good and completely wasted on this "story".

I will give the show a shot, but if I hear "tenchou" more that 20 times in a single episode I think it will be instant drop for me :D

You gave your opinion and is valid, if you didn't like it don't watch the anime, in my personal opinion I loved it, it's very different from other animes
Jan 22, 2018 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, I feel that I should be way more concerned than I am. This series so far is doing fine at presenting it as a non-issue. Not for exploit or fetish reasons, not for a social commentary, not in a moralistic approach... it just exists and seems to flow naturally so far. I'm sure there will be some conflict about this but the show seems to be avoiding the further implications of its premise so far and I'm somehow perfectly fine with that.
Jan 23, 2018 4:58 AM

Jun 2012
Ahh, another thread like this... If other anime with similar themes have taught me something, is that nothing is going to happen until she's out of highshool and what I'm talking about is a intimate relationship. At "worst" she'll steal a kiss before highschool...
Don't be a puritan and don't avoid watching good anime just because of this, the people behind it aren't monsters and you can guess from the anime atmosphere that this won't get smut in it.
Marrying age in Japan is 16 for women, under 16 there needs to be at least a consent from one of the parents.
Age of consent is 13 regardless of gender, BUT every prefectures and districts in Japan forbids it unless it's a "sincere romantic relationship (typically determined by parental approval)" at least it's what is on Wikipedia.
Jan 23, 2018 12:56 PM
Aug 2014
She's legal. He's legal. They can do whatever they want. I'm looking forward to each episode.
Jan 23, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2016
Fuck, there's actually an anime of it, I avoided this anime since it didn't appeal to me until I saw its manga got an award. I've read the first 7 chapters of the manga, but never have I thought that there's already an ongoing anime....

TIME TO WATCH

AGE GAP doesn't bother me, since there's Lolicon Chess that has featured 9 Years old x 16 Years old ...

Either way I've yet to see the real romance instead of making bad assumption about it.
Jan 24, 2018 7:26 AM

Dec 2017
I don't have a problem with it, as it's being used as a source of conflict for the anime. The internal conflict that arises from the taboo nature of the subject matter makes the story inherently more interesting. The age gap is being used to pander or for shits and giggles. It's an integral part of the story. Without the taboo subject matter, we have no story. I think it would be a very reductionist outlook to dismiss the show for handling these themes. Now there are still ten episodes left for them to fuck it up, and if they do, then by all means criticize the show. As the show is only two episodes in, it's unfair to judge how well it handles the subject matter.
Jan 24, 2018 7:33 AM

Jul 2016
Kittens-kun said:
They aren't real people, so I don't care.
100% agreed + a little more just for the 15 character cap
Jan 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Jul 2015
imo the age gap is handled very tasteful, realistic and without some weird pedo feeling behind it. i think the anime conveys very good that the problematic of the realationship is real and happens all the time. it isnt trying to plessure some weird fetishes (so far) and by all of that justifies itself to not be looked apon as a weird show some want it to be considered.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jan 26, 2018 3:42 AM

Apr 2016
The age gap looks big to me but if you look around in real life (or even in this thread), nothing will surprise you anymore.

Furthermore age gap might be a hurdle because you're out of the norm but it's nothing compared being with someone who's alcoholic or an asshole or good-for-nothing, psychotic mess, completely dumb ... and so on. Those latters are more numerous (so it's not that much "out of the norm" ) but they do have relationships too. Which is preferable is anyone's own taste's matter.

MysteriousBanana said:
@Chiibi
It sounds like you're aware of the manga's publication, but haven't actually read any of it? Well, since you have no intention to watch it anyway, lemme just put some fears to rest with spoilers:

Jan 26, 2018 3:51 AM
Jan 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
The age gap looks big to me but if you look around in real life (or even in this thread), nothing will surprise you anymore.

Furthermore age gap might be a hurdle because you're out of the norm but it's nothing compared being with someone who's alcoholic or an asshole or good-for-nothing, psychotic mess, completely dumb ... and so on. Those latters are more numerous (so it's not that much "out of the norm" ) but they do have relationships too. Which is preferable is anyone's own taste's matter.

MysteriousBanana said:
@Chiibi

That is true, I certainly can't make any definite predictions about how everything will resolve. I mean, hell, I was completely blindsided by how Usagi Drops ended.
Jan 26, 2018 4:34 AM

Apr 2016
@AlexGK

If you look around you, you'll see that a lot of pathetic people are in relationships. So that's definitely never a problem. That's what love is made for actually.

I do not "understand" Tachibana that well but I do not understand either people being in relationships with "pathetic" people either. It's beyond me but they exist, that's just the way it is, they are everywhere.

Furthermore, remember, we are all "pathetic" from someone else's point of view.

I'll admit though that the beginning of the story was a bit hard to relate or it was hard to understand Tachibana because, as you say, the Male lead had "almost" nothing for him. On the other hand, if you look at the younger male characters in the story, they are not better, they might even be worse, which is sure willingly so from the mangaka's point of view.
In the end Kondou ... is not as bad as it appeared in the beginning of the story and he was just the guy with the right "vibe" who stroke all the right chords at the right time for Tachibana. That's all. That's love.
Furthermore it seems that Tachibana is not on the "same level" as her schoolmate so it seems normal that she would be looking for something's different as well.
Ysad_ZiwezhanJan 26, 2018 4:37 AM
Jan 26, 2018 5:42 AM
Nov 2013
At first I wanted to just say, "Don't care, cause Aimer," but then I read some comments and felt like giving a more serious response.

I will watch this anime, because I feel it's kind of adorable. While it makes me sllightly uncomfortable, that's because I kind of feel embarrassed when I see the manager be that awkward.

About age gaps. I don't have that much of an issue with it here, and in real life, when it's between two adults, it isn't that bad either. My parents were almost 9 years apart in age, and unless you think, "Well, when you father was 18, your mother was 9... that's disgusting," then it really isn't bad.

The only example I can think of that made me feel weird was when I saw that Aubrey de Grey (a researcher) was married to a woman 19 years older than him. I learned that about 2 years ago and at that time it just felt wrong. It still kind of does, but I'm not against it. It's their choice.

Here though, it's with a minor (17 year old.) A way to resolve it, would be to just wait a year. Then no one can say it's wrong as they are both adults in the eyes of the law. Though from what I've seen, you are still a child in the eyes of an adult until you turn 20 in Japan.

Anyways, the thing that I feel like not many think or at least commented on was that in this case, the manager will die around 30 years before she does. But even if they started dating, it's not like they are bound to get married. Of course they are more proned to do so, because he is an older guy, but maybe they realize soon after they begin dating, that the way they see things is just too different and they can't find a common ground.

While to me it seems weird to be with someone that much younger, it's also not as bad as it seem for the girl, as long as the middle aged man isn't a piece of shit. If things work out for them, they get married and have it, then great, but if things don't work out, she will learn what things she doesn't like in her partner. Maybe she will understand that she doesn't like older guys that much.

I guess that, in the end, I don't really care. Even if I saw such a couple (barely 18 or even younger boy/girl with a woman/man twice their age) in real life, although I'll probably react with, "Wtf?" and be confused, I'll just think it's their choice. As long as the younger part realizes and understands what they are getting into and they aren't being forced, then I don't see it as something that is wrong.

Anyways, Aimer <3
Jan 26, 2018 6:36 AM
Mar 2017
First of all, age is just a number. As long as the characters are of legal age, who cares?
I think the whole thing is more a matter of mental age. She seems to be more mature than her classmates and he seems to miss his youth, and he's really cute at times.
If they wouldn't be the way they are, if she would be more childish and he would be an embittered geezer or just more like other man his age, I think he would be laughing at her for her "foolish" feelings.

The biggest problem I would have is, if that whole thing becomes sexualized. In my eyes, that whole romance only works, because Kondo-san acts more like a naive person than someone who really knows how the world works.
Anyway, I root for them and hopefully they can have a romance, that doesn't need to be questioned as much as some other romances (I'm looking at you, OreImo).
Jan 26, 2018 6:50 AM

Oct 2015
I haven't watched it, sounds fucking hot.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 26, 2018 12:04 PM
Jun 2016
Tacsk0 said:
Hylianticipated said:
It's just the Japs at it again trying to normalize pedophilia per usual.

At least get your vocabulary right:

- Pedophilia: adult carnally exploits a 12 year old or younger
(Anime is infamous for this kind of outrage: lolicon, siscon, imouto, Made in Abyss, etc.)

- Ephebophilia: adult wants a 13-16 year old. One well known example was Charlie Chaplin, unfortunately.
(By the way, age of consent is 12 in the Vatican, 13 in federal Japan and 14 in most countries of Europe.)

- 16 y.o and up: nobody's business

(In most countries of the world the age of marriage is from 18 y.o., but expedited wedding is possible reaching just 16 y.o. if the state authority for protection of children and the adolescent undersigns. That's not hard to obtain when there is a pressing reason, the groom is respectable, has stable fiscals, lacks criminal record and the bride clearly benefits from a change of her social standing.)

However, the AmeaYouni series seems to fall firmly in the third category, i.e. it's nobody's business what a 16+ school girl and a 45 y.o. restaurant manager want from each other, be it love, sex or even kids outside or inside of marriage.

DID you just mention made in abyss and pedophilia together?
you filthy mudblood
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.