Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 30, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
I was having a mental breakdown this episode, I didn't know which ship to go, but at the end, the light showed me the real answer. Fuck the Izumi x Mio X Ena ship. It's all about the Morikawa x Haruto ship!
Nov 30, 2017 1:58 PM

Aug 2016
I couldn't love more this simple story, fills me with happiness watch each episode, each character and each interasaction that occurs between them. Just Because! It's just one of the best Slice of Life anime I've seen...

5/5

Nov 30, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2017
closeureyes said:
I couldn't love more this simple story, fills me with happiness watch each episode, each character and each interasaction that occurs between them. Just Because! It's just one of the best Slice of Life anime I've seen...

5/5

Have to say, I agree!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2016
It's kind of weird how a lot of people hate on Natsume so much. And most of the reasons why are the same like she takes Izumi for granted or she isn't very assertive. Where Komiya is the opposite. She's pushing forward actually trying to push their relationship further, it's her personality. We've seen a lot of this since the first episode.
Natsume obviously has some sort of inferiority complex to her sister. She's trying to walk in her shoes and doesn't know what she really wants, and props to her sister telling her she can take her own path. Natsume has probably always been like this since middle school and that's why her relationship with Izumi never really went anywhere, she couldn't see the obvious guy next to her.
I like the Izumi and Natsume pairing because they both are sort of on their heels when it comes to things... Their personalities won't clash much. Where there is a possibility where The fiery spirit of Komiya may clash more.
But I also like Izumi and Komiya because opposites attract sometimes and they have a nice flow to their relationship developing, unlike Natsume whose was cut for years then went again. Isumi and Komiya have something there that best friend Souma sees, so as he said, whatever happens, happens.
In the end, I could lie with either ship really as long as some random bs happens... I don't know what that could be but it's happened before.
And best girl Morikawa with the new look... poor Souma may not be able to see it. We need more of this B-level relationship so that it doesn't end with it just unanswered and a letdown.
Nov 30, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
You can not name your cat Puta, I mean, you can NOT name your cat Puta,.. bajeezus!

I liked how Komiya knows full well the character and the extent of the competition she faces, yet remains completely unphased by it.

It actually was quite a decent date, and the photo, as well as Izumi not going home early were very telling.

The camerawork was quite excellent too at times, if you can say that about animation; most notably the shot in the photography club room, where Komiya appeared to be alone, untill Izumi moved into view to take a seat.

CoolitzHubertXVI said:
We get to see the close friendship between Eita and Haruto in the bus.

BotS (Bromance of the Season) for sure.

CoolitzHubertXVI said:
As for Komiya....... I dunno, since there are only 2 males in this show's Main Cast, and those 2 males already have girls that they like. At the end of the day, Komiya will be getting the short end of the stick ??? > _ <

Or Natsume, if she tries boarding a ship when it has allready sailed.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 30, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
I'm sticking with Team Natsume until the end.

Nov 30, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
The date was nice despite Natsume staring daggers. It was nice to see the edges between the two smoothen out as they went on. Plus it's Haruto approved which must mean it's a good thing.

Natsume on the other hand, really needs to figure out what she wants. Following her sisters path in life, clinging to the fact she likes Haruto without doing anything about it for around 5 years, all while keeping the Izumi card available.
Nov 30, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Never thought this would happen to me; that, for the first time, I'm equally okay with the MC ending up with either of the girls. ^^
Nov 30, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Komiya's cat is the best thing saklgjksal but it's really sad that the show has only 12 eps :c Well, its not like that i dont like Natsume but she's being too much, i mean she've loved x -i dont remember his name- and 'just because' Komiya is talking with Izumi, her love is gone suddenly and she's jealous of Izumi :// KomiyaxIzumi are better together. Hope Izumi realises that too.
Nov 30, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
Dat cat... true MVP there :D

Anyway, the episode was good, although I honestly start to hate Mio here, her undecesiveness is hell, and jealousy too (how can even find okay to meddle into someone else's date and to forbid anything to anyone when she rejected him before?). Well, not that she is written badly - she isn't - cause I certainly know those types of girls IRL too but let's say I just hate behavior like that. If she honestly wanted him to win, she would smile near him and have fun with him a lot as boys don't really want girls who are self-pitying themselves). And on the other hand, I love easigoiness and frankness that Komya show

Natsume and Eita are lost cause anyway, they don't work with each other, while Komiya x Eita sure has the best chemistry out there. If the doesn't end together I would be pissed honestly.
Nov 30, 2017 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
thesarcasticguy said:
Wow, that was one awkward train ride...

So Ena went on that "date" she wanted, although it was weird. I found it funny that Ena calls her Cat, 'Puta,' which basically means 'bitch' in Spanish lol.

Morikawa looked pretty good in her new hairstyle.

I think Mio will follow Izumi to the university he is going to while he chooses Suizen(Mio's University) and then they will tell each other that they chose each other's Universities and they'll realize that they have both chosen the wrong one and that will be it.
Puta,' which means bitch in Portuguese too
Nov 30, 2017 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
i think this will remain to be anime's core problem, lot of things rushed because of the episode limits, and if you want more coherent, un-rushed story (which means more episodes), it's not cheap at all, that is why just because, amid its fantaastic idea (in my opinion), is rushed in many ways

anyway the progress here is substansial, i like both natsume and ena (especially her because of her great development across the show), also does anyone noticed better animation in this episode?

natsume-wise, i think it's still gonna be her, not just because she's the main, but when you look at her complex background (last eps with her unluckiness, now her sister)
Nov 30, 2017 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
It's a real shame she didn't have a dog named Puta. That would have been funnier.

This love triangle is intense. I love it.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 30, 2017 5:24 PM
Dec 2014
Nice episode. It was good to see the tension in the love triangle going up. Also, the date was very interesting and kinda intimate, since Eita could see and learn more about Ena, thus becoming more interested in her, evidenced by him taking her photo. Also, that indirect confession in the end... so good. I just hope the Eita/Ena ship happens.
Nov 30, 2017 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
lol that train ride was hella awkward

hopefully the animation issues are over behind the scenes ,it looked good this week

Morikawa took that dressing up to heart could barely tell it was her
Nov 30, 2017 5:45 PM
Apr 2017
Am I the only one found this ghost car???

Apple_BSNov 30, 2017 5:51 PM
Nov 30, 2017 5:59 PM
Mar 2016
As usual "I dont care about shipping, that isnt Cargo or Expedition Service"

Eita and Haruto Bromance is High level

so Natsume take an entrance exam to Suizan Daigaku because her Nee-san but her Nee-san questioning like that, maybe Natsume will take exam to University which Izumi got Recommendation
but Izumi take an entrance to Suizan Daigaku
if this will dramatic, that 2 ppl wont be at same University :|
Nov 30, 2017 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
Haters keep hating on Komiya, this episode proved she is best girl.

Puta outranks a certain female character as well.

That Morikawa and Eita meet up at the end was interesting and funny. She definitely overheard what transpired between Eita and Komiya so it will be interesting to see the outcome next week.

Look we all know who Eita will be with in the end. However they are doing certain things in the anime which makes us question..."Well maybe not..." Such as Eita taking Komiya's picture, noticing a different side to her, hearing about how he's comfortable around her. While I do enjoy that I overlook it because I know what will happen in the end.
SoraSenpaiNov 30, 2017 6:47 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 30, 2017 7:04 PM

Sep 2017
Ena is so great. She straight up didn't listen to what Natsume had said, and asked Eita out... just because. But seriously, she is definitely on the attack; even knowing that Natsume and Eita are into each other, she pushes on. Also she was super cute in the beginning when she was nervous to send the text.

Their actual date wasn't as cute as it could have been, but I guess it makes sense considering how the characters feel.
Nov 30, 2017 8:25 PM

Dec 2014
Komiya's date with Eita was pretty fun to watch, loved the part where she told him she'd confess if she won the prize.

Morikawa at the end was so much win. xD
Nov 30, 2017 8:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Komiya continues to show why she's best girl, however I'm still on Team Natsume....I need her and Eita to get together already but as for Komiya, I think she and Eita work better as friends tbh

As for Haruto and Morikawa, I'm really hoping that she agrees to go out with him (That scene at the end of this ep was hilarious tho lol, I can't wait to see Haruto's reaction to her new look xD)
Nov 30, 2017 9:07 PM
Jul 2015
Komiya has the best wingman ever.

I'm still hoping for the Eimiya (lol) ship despite the inevitable Natsume ending, seeing that it's written all over the OP and ED.

This is going to be Rem all over again, best girl that was with the MC the whole time gets set aside.
Nov 30, 2017 9:16 PM
Nov 2017
Look ena fans she has no chance to get with eita so quit already.
Nov 30, 2017 9:20 PM
Nov 2017
Mio hasn’t done shit because she’s focusing on the fucken exams.Just wait intill she’s done and then will make move or eita will.To end ena gay shippers
Nov 30, 2017 11:22 PM

May 2015

"Why haven't you confessed your love to Natsume yet?"
"I would if I could..."

That's saying something...

I knew that was Morikawa at the end, but I will admit that there was something different about her. Very subtle change, but still surprising.
Nov 30, 2017 11:48 PM
Mar 2014
This episode proves that Morikawa is the best girl in this show.WTF i didn't recognize her at the end of episode. Komiya is too aggressive, natsume is too indecisive, morikawa is the most natural for me. I don't really care which one Eita end up with as long as he's happy cause i root for him.
Dec 1, 2017 12:16 AM

Oct 2014
oh look so many Mio fans coming out of their hideout in rage over an Ena episode

Mio better drop the mentality she carried over the first arc if the writer and the director and everyone want to save this series from a convenient ending and a
"no substance hype" situation.
Excellent storyboard, brw. I didn't know what the director was brooding about so much they had to delay airing, but while the animation isn't a SHAFT's Monogatari series level, it's already good enough to capture the charm of the storyboard. Like, in the end, he got it just right.
Dec 1, 2017 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
Go for it girl! rooting for you! hehe!
Komiya has such courage!
LOL at Mio, her gazing eyes to Komiya is like she's pissed-off and like she's gonna kill someone! (scene 15:26)
LOL I also didn't expect that bijin babe girl was Morikawa!
5/5.

Dec 1, 2017 3:56 AM

Feb 2017
Morikawa :3

I lolled at the cat. PUTAAAA.

I actually really like both girls. Komiya is an absolute cutie, and I find Mio an interesting character. I don't mind too much who wins as long as they all end up happy :')
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Dec 1, 2017 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Jorge8287288292 said:
Look ena fans she has no chance to get with eita so quit already.

You must not have read anything, because everyone that's even watched a mere handful of anime knows of the lazy and trite conclusion this show is going to offer. Thats independent of Komiya being infinitely better than Natsume in every way possible. Ol girl is in last place, behind even a cat now. Basura.
SJ7izmDec 1, 2017 4:20 AM
Dec 1, 2017 4:37 AM
May 2017
It is saddening to see the growing heresy on this forum

TEAM NATSUME
Dec 1, 2017 4:39 AM
May 2017
Apple_BS said:

Nah, it's a Tesla :D
Dec 1, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Komiya/Yoriko
Puta
Morikawa
Post makeover Morikawa
Yoriko's kouhai harem
Morikawa's sister
Natsume's sister
The old lady that watched Izumi and Komiya flirt in the library like two episodes ago
Izumi's mom
Haruto's aunt? Grandma? Whoever that was

Literally any female I've yet to name, including the cast members.
Natsume's friends
Natsume
SJ7izmDec 1, 2017 5:08 AM
Dec 1, 2017 5:36 AM
May 2017
SJ7izm said:
Komiya/Yoriko
Puta
Morikawa
Post makeover Morikawa
Yoriko's kouhai harem
Morikawa's sister
Natsume's sister
The old lady that watched Izumi and Komiya flirt in the library like two episodes ago
Izumi's mom

Natsume's friends
Natsume

Exactly, but read from bottom to top. (I wonder why the older ladies are so high up on the list though.)
Dec 1, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
imSOunique said:
SJ7izm said:
Komiya/Yoriko
Puta
Morikawa
Post makeover Morikawa
Yoriko's kouhai harem
Morikawa's sister
Natsume's sister
Izumi's mom

Natsume's friends
Natsume

Exactly, but read from bottom to top. (I wonder why the older ladies are so high up on the list though.)

Because you read it wrong, of course. Natsume's at the very bottom, where she belongs.

Keep up.
Dec 1, 2017 6:38 AM
May 2017
SJ7izm said:

Because you read it wrong, of course. Natsume's at the very bottom, where she belongs.

Keep up.

Yes, she belongs to the bottom, because the list is bottom to top! :D
Anyways I'm not here to argue, just joking.

Dec 1, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
Guys, can't you see that the end of this episode clearly suggests a Eita X Morikawa route !!

Why ?

Just because...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2017 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
#TeamKomiya GO GO GO!

SJ7izm said:
Natsume's at the very bottom, where she belongs.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 1, 2017 9:04 AM

Nov 2017
How much time has it been since Eita transferred? Didn't Ena fall in love too quickly? Or maybe, since she hasn't had a boyfriend before, she's mistaken about her feelings?
Dec 1, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2013
dasprn said:
#TeamKomiya GO GO GO!

Protect Ena Komiya at ALL COSTS.
Dec 1, 2017 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
Komiya's cat is name Puta. In spanish is whore. Now you now something new.
Dec 1, 2017 11:51 AM
Feb 2017
thesarcasticguy said:
Balavadan said:

Lol why are you so evil with that prediction. You must have gone through a lot of sad anime with cancer endings

Nah fam, not a lot of 'em... Just one, Kuzu No Honkai... Shit broke my heart.

One is enough lmao
Dec 1, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
Cute but boring episode imo ^^
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 1, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
AND BOOM THERE IT IS. NAME OF THE ANIME. Anyway, I really like Komiya... that relationship probably won't work but it's the one I'm rooting for anyway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 1, 2017 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
SkyLETV said:
"Puta" is a fun name to read in spanish subs xD

Morikawa was already beautiful so she didn't need a makeover but it suits her very well.

Hahaha. I nearly cried for laughing when Puta's name was mentioned. Where I live I hear "puta" about 10x per day, but I don't associate it with cats!! He he he.
Dec 1, 2017 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
Komiya has really grown on me. She's an underdog and a somewhat pathetic character, but I find that appealing. I would also rather have a waifu with an interesting hobby and an abrasive personality.
Dec 1, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2017
The first time we see Haruto acts like a big bro for Eita not the other way around.
Welp friendship goals.

The train scene is hella intense hhhh
and dayum Morikawa is qt.
“Unknowing ignorance is preferable to informed stupidity.” -Brandon Sanderson
Dec 1, 2017 11:09 PM
Apr 2017
imSOunique said:
Apple_BS said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Boom!!!

The Girl Appeared!

Dec 2, 2017 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
save by the cat, I'm okay with KomiyaXEita, though still hoping hoping for Natsume, I mean girl can you do something so you'll not lose to Komiya

kinda surprised with Morikawa's new look O.o
Dec 2, 2017 12:54 AM
May 2017
Apple_BS said:
imSOunique said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Boom!!!

The Girl Appeared!

Then she was tying her shoes before :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

355 by venbals »»
May 19, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.