Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 4, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015
That was quite unique and colorful, alright, but not sure if it's my cup of tea. It felt pretty dull at parts. Since it's the first episode, it could go either way, so let's see where it goes.

Oct 4, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
Well then this was like the most anime ass anime thing i watched this week so far was as weird or even more so than i expected from the cover.

despite all the bright colorfulness burning my eyes i liked it's style a lot it's pretty unique and understanding the influence of harajuku style helped me become less confused as to why everything looked so random and cute lol.

hopefully it manages to become a bit more engaging with it's story and characters since it all kinda just felt plain and boring

MC is like 90s cool though she friggin skateboards
Oct 4, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
ehhh, stylized as fuck, but taking so many bad turns
Oct 4, 2017 6:00 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
The story was wtf/10 I thought they gonna finish the alien that episode but the visuals were very nice to watch.
Oct 4, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
Looks like I'm not in the minority: cool art, boring show. Needs a bit of edge.
Oct 4, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2017
Where's the animation
I thought the PV had just taken the worst shots, but no. This is a clip show.
Oct 4, 2017 8:37 PM

Mar 2017
RnDNEET021 said:

Still can't find this web comic

It's a joint Crunchyroll-PARK production, you can find first volume on Crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/park-harajuku-crisis-team/volumes

krobert said:
Takeshita Street ^___^'

The PARK store does exist in real life, the web manga characters were created by Mugi Tanaka originally as "mascots" for the store PARK

Here is its web site http://www.park-harajuku.com
PurezensuOct 4, 2017 8:40 PM
Oct 4, 2017 8:39 PM

Mar 2016
Still on the edge of considering to watch the whole show... :/
Like it's cute but, maybe not worth the time

I'll need a few more episodes to see
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 9:53 PM
Dec 2015
Next time America invades Japan they should aim for Tokyo. I hope someone does it for real.
Oct 4, 2017 11:03 PM

Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Is this supposed to be a kids' show? Because it sure felt like one

That's what I was wondering.

Judging from the premise, dialogue, pacing, and general aesthetic, it certainly looks like a kids' show to me. I did some poking around online, but I haven't found anything yet. If it isn't for kids maybe it'll develop a bit more depth as time goes on, that's pretty common in shows that feel a bit empty at first.
Oct 4, 2017 11:29 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
I want a weapon that turns shit into dessert. Maybe in Bord3rlands...

I'm still trying to figure out what I just watched.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Oct 5, 2017 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
The visual is unique, but everything else is weird/bad/boring. Dropped.
Oct 5, 2017 2:44 AM

Nov 2007
blueberrypoptart said:
Also Kotoko's seiyuu also voiced Chiaki from Gamers so I'm definitely continuing because of that - love her voice ^^
I knew it sounds familiar,desu desu.

I like OP and ED. The story is somehow confusing, but likeable in my opinion. I didn't expect much (mainly basing on such a low score - 5.5 at the moment, biased and underrated) and got surprised in a positive way. Everything is cute, cute and cute. Even aliens. And especially fluffy talking shrimp.

Overall it was fun for me. I will continue watching. 4/5 episode.

LOL at tanks.
Oct 5, 2017 3:40 AM
Dec 2015
The art is similar to the rolling girls, but more childish. Not dropping it yet. The first 5 seconds was interesting to say the least. Will most probably continue to episode 7 to say what happens
Oct 5, 2017 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
The art style was nice. Colorful, imaginitive.
But it was plain boring.
Characters are the usual trio, the cheerful one, the more sceptic one (or tsundere I guess) and the... normal one or whatever it is called.
I do not mind cliches and repeating character types in anime, but this one was hard to watch. Maybe if there was some comedy it would be better.
I'm probably going to drop it after 1 episode.

For the ep, 2/5
For artstyle and opening.
I like pancakes.
Oct 5, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Oooohhhhh quite the unique look we have here, they didn't even color the sky, and some of those angles and shots were... honestly kind of confusing. I quite like the rough and cartoony art style of the scenery as well, its refreshing... Though... I must say... Its things like this that make me question my masculinity... a lot...

Anyway, we could use more anime like this really. One that just flat out screams "F**K LOGIC", but on the other hand, this anime is a bit TOO random, I mean, its fun, but the characters reactions and stuff was just felt... strange... Also it's funny how that beginning bit WASN'T explained at all.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 5, 2017 5:30 AM

Jun 2015
Unique but at same time really boring and annoying. Well I give it one more chance
Oct 5, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
I guess I like the art style because it reminds me of my own art style haha.

This was quite... interesting, but I like it so far. I do wish that the animation was a little bit smoother/ more fluid sometimes, but not bad.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 5, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2013
The randomness and weirdness reminds me of Ai Mai Mii. I enjoyed it.

EcchiKingMamster said:
this was fucking adorable

and i see the aliens just want to be men of culture XD

oh look... obligatory whining... dunno why i didnt see this coming... -___-

Well, I'm not surprised. And neither am I of the score.

Also nice pun.
TheBigGuyOct 5, 2017 6:10 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 5, 2017 6:49 AM
Aug 2016
Reading the comments, I must have been drunk watching this because I loved this episode. Was not bored and enjoyed the art. Entertaining. :/
Oct 5, 2017 7:44 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheBigGuy said:
The randomness and weirdness reminds me of Ai Mai Mii. I enjoyed it.

EcchiKingMamster said:

Well, I'm not surprised. And neither am I of the score.

Also nice pun.

Obligatory toxicity is a thing in forums
Oct 5, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2017
lol is this made for children

the animation is -a e s t h e t i c s- but that's it

dropped lmao

still life: pink roses
Oct 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty sure this isn't targeted to children. Too many pop culture/fashion references I think. Maybe to teen girls or something but little kids?
Oct 5, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
@EcchiKingMamster

I guess.

@Lanz

It obviously isn't. If this is a kid's show, then Flip Flappers, Rolling Girls, FLCL and Ai Mai Mii are too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 5, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the show quite a lot, but I can see why some people don't like it. This is the kind of thing that reminds me of chocomimi, a show with cute girls with small gags and many colors that while, aren't an ideal form of anime, makes me happy because of the artwork. I think that is touching. Omo-cat artwork feature proves that its not really about the anime, but about the style. It's kind of like watching a music video and finding you like the style of the video more than the music if you get what I mean.
Oct 5, 2017 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
Omoshiroi... looks like this was pulled straight from a very artistic child's sketchbook
Oct 5, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
Splatoon vibe from this series
Oct 5, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
This would have been better as a 12-minute anime.
Oct 5, 2017 7:45 PM
Jan 2017
In agreement with everyone who said this would be better as a short. I think trigger could have knocked this premise out of the park as a short series, but alas.

I thought the aesthetic was super endearing and authentic, as someone who follows J-fashion and harajuku. It reminded me of KPP and Haruka Kurebayashi. Although I can understand those aesthetics don't appeal to everyone.

It was fun overall but slow paced and I have my doubts as to whether Rito's hinted-at tragic family backstory or the dramatic hook from the beginning will be successfully worked in.

I also think that aliens stealing Harajuku's culture could be an allegory for the recent decline of Harajuku (fruits, kera, swimmer, etc closing doors) at least in part due to ogling foreigners coming to it to stare at all the WEIRD QUIRKY HARAJOOKOOS, not contributing to the economy and displacing those who would usually shop there. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, though.

Overall this definitely seems like another slow paced cute girls show, with an art style that rubs people the wrong way. As someone who pays attention to j-fashion/Harajuku, I was probably able to get more enjoyment out of it than the average viewer who does not. Projecting 5/10 for me. Which makes it the best thing I've seen this season. Yikes. Will probably keep up with it because it's cute, lighthearted, and I appreciate the subject matter.
Oct 5, 2017 10:35 PM

Sep 2017
I don't get why the current rating is so low. Just with Hanazawa Kana as a voice actress for Kotoko it just made me want to give 4 on this anime. I can just watch Kotoko speaking all day! The thing that I like about the visual is the soft color scheme. it's unique and I never seen this color scheme in any other anime.

Overall it's a great anime to watch while you browse through your SNS or trying to achieve higher score on stacks. ; )
『Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活』  Luv Re;zero   

Oct 5, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2017
EcchiKingMamster said:

in all of the shitty comments on this anime, I saw this bold text said " this was fucking adorable" I couldn't agree more !

Oct 5, 2017 10:42 PM

Sep 2017
Kagami said:
The score is pretty dissapointing....

I didn't find this a mess at all, but rather very unique. I very much enjoyef this episode.
I love your signature picture of Shinobu

Oct 5, 2017 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
It's.... so cute. Everything is adorable.

I will watch a bit more for the cuteness, but I'm not sure if I can get into whatever story is going on here.
Oct 5, 2017 11:58 PM
Aug 2016
That fried shrimp man...
Oct 6, 2017 1:55 AM
Sep 2015
The animation is too good! Plus Luna Haruna's voice is so sweet~
The anime reminds me of Trigger's animes
Oct 6, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
Meh, the concept behind aliens stealing Earth's culture isn't bad, however, this episode was pretty boring, to be honest.

Everything looks so subpar. The art style is pretty meh, the cover art looked interesting but watching the actual episode made me realize it looks quite bland and nothing really flashy in terms of action so far.
The story is pretty dumb, I like some crazy plots and have no issues with nonsense (I'm a Kill la Kill fan after all) but this one just started so uninteresting already considering the type of plot. And the way the characters got their powers should have been more imaginative as this anime talks so much about imagination.
Once again, the characters are pretty subpar from what I've seen so far. Typical airhead cute girls, one of them being really dumb and acting like a 5 years old which I find more annoying than cute. But I guess, they're the Earth's saviors...
I guess the sound is the only okay-ish point in this anime.

Not going to be too harsh with it yet, but this first episode was pretty unimpressive. I could just drop it right now, but I'll give it the 3 episode rule and it might surprise me. Most likely going to drop this on episode 3, but it gets the benefit of the doubt for now.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 6, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
I go to a sad feeling that the intense decora kei aesthetics aren't for everyone. As someone who closet follows the fashion brand and got through arc 1 of the web comic, it has a crazy style that fits with the crazy but independent j-fashion styles. It's unbelievable that a indie chain got itself a anime.

And I was right. Kotoko was somehow my favorite, even though outside her pastel kei aesthetics, she's a huge curious nerd!

Also the premise was different from Park Harajuku's Strike Team... You know: the web comic. It has this post-apocolypse treasure hunters theme to it, but the anime directs into a MG inspired theme, and I'm okay with it.

Also grats to OMOCAT for making it to the ending card!

Gonna watch more because I love crazy rainbow shit, and I think no one should take this anime seriously. Put these analytical lens and enjoy some cute Harajuku Girls doing rainbow explosives.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed the animation and all the colors, but I thought it was boring. I sat through the entire episode waiting for something interesting to happen, but nothing interesting ever happened. If this was a short episode series, I probably would have stuck with it. But other than the art, I don't think this series is worth watching.
Oct 6, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2015
Visual wise, it's a beautiful show. I love the design of the world and all of the fun patterns colors. The main girls are cute, but don't have very distinct personalities from each other. The pacing was slow, and sometimes the staging of the characters felt incorrect in a space. The best part of the show was the talking fried shrimp. I'd totally get a plush of him
Oct 6, 2017 12:43 PM
Oct 2012
This was seriously pretty and colorful and fluffy and all buutttt.... that has got to be the most awkward script and terrible pacing I've ever seen in a first episode. Also the music didn't fit what was going on at all and made it feel disjointed and just kinda wrong. I really like the art and the premise, but the execution is just so bad.
Oct 6, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
I almost made it to the 22 minute mark than my phone battery died....

Ok episode...trippy visual, Looks like Flip Flappers with less quality
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Oct 6, 2017 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome OP song!
Great visuals. It reminds me Rolling Girls a little.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2017 12:25 AM

Mar 2016
Lol, I can literally say that this is the strangest anime I have ever watched in my life. It's all over the place. Aliens called scoopers come along and sweep buildings off the planet, girls who work at a store don't want to evacuate because they love the town, girls turn into magical girl type things and beat them, a talking scarf..? This is madness. There was one plus though, and that was the art style.
Oct 7, 2017 3:40 AM

Feb 2014
The first episode was a little awkward, yeah. Keeping in with how MAL usually is I'm not surprised people bashed it... but I do feel like some of the harsher posts were taking it down way too hard.
I've been waiting for this show since March so there's no way I'm dropping it- but if I were to cast my bias aside then I'd say give it 2-3 episodes to find its voice.
Oct 7, 2017 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
Another girl group fantasy that looks like Trigger art!
So Luna Haruna is now a seiyuu now huh...
3/5.

Oct 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Oct 2007
I liked the designs and the background art a lot, but the characters moving around the places made all the backgrounds look really flat. It seemed to me something I'd appreciate more in artbook form and the story didn't really impress me either. Still giving it one more ep though!
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 7, 2017 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
There's just enough working for this anime for me to stick with it. The aesthetic is fun and the narrative seems bizarre enough for there to be a tone shift down the line. Not familiar with the source so I can't tell if there's more to this or not.
Oct 8, 2017 1:25 PM
Jun 2016
Almost ashamed to admit I kind of like this. First half I am thinking "WTF? This is so getting dropped" but by the second half, I am like "Scoopers, Baby Bottle spacecraft, flying paint pallet boards, bazookas and donuts? WTF? Yes!!!" I have a feeling this show would make a good drinking game. Everytime they say scoop or scoopers, take a shot lmao
Oct 8, 2017 8:24 PM

Jul 2015
Weird =/= Bad

I dig it.
Oct 9, 2017 1:55 AM

Mar 2016
I completely love the art style of this show and I'd love to see more series using these kind of poppy over the top visuals, but there's so little going on in the show that I just got bored really. Maybe I'll come back to it if it picks up later on.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urahara Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Feb 9, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2017

23 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 13, 2023 11:04 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2017

24 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 12, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

14 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 10, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

18 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 9, 2023 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.