Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2015
My goodness, this is hands down, in my opinion, the best first episode of the season so far. High contender for AOTS just judging by the first episode. Lovely visuals and I think it's off to a great start so far. I think they set the tone perfectly so far just like in the manga. OP and ED were great as well.

Damn, I can't wait for more! Gotta catch up on the manga as well now. I bet this show will be a love or hate for a lot of people considering the manga's content and characters, but whatever.

Jan 12, 2017 8:10 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Alhakam said:
I don't understand what is the story with the Japanese animes and the incest relationship it's really disgusting, I don't care if they have the same blood or not it is just not acceptable, are Japanese people really like this ? They really want to have sex with their siblings
are you retarded ? Its her neighbor its just that theyve know each others forever and hes been like a brother to her. Hes not her real brother or something. Its no way in hell incest. @Alhakam
Jan 12, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
DatRandomDude said:
Alhakam said:
I don't understand what is the story with the Japanese animes and the incest relationship it's really disgusting, I don't care if they have the same blood or not it is just not acceptable, are Japanese people really like this ? They really want to have sex with their siblings
are you retarded ? Its her neighbor its just that theyve know each others forever and hes been like a brother to her. Hes not her real brother or something. Its no way in hell incest. @Alhakam

Maybe I missed that part but that doesn't make me retarded you ass hole
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 8:15 AM

Feb 2016
fortunately i didnt start to read that manga before their anime comes out. and after saw first episode,i really like this one. especially their opening and ending theme are too perfect for this series
Jan 12, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
quite deep and intriguing ...I am getting more curious how this all will turn out
Jan 12, 2017 8:28 AM

Apr 2016
So this basically has the vibe of White Album 2 except they're already dropping depression bombs in the first episode instead of letting it play out more organically. Honestly I don't really like this type of story-telling right off the bat, what with the info-dumping of the entire premise forming the basis for this whole episode. However, now that that's done with and we can get to a more natural story flow, I think this has the potential to be really good. Could go either way, though, so here's hoping.
Jan 12, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2015
This was a messed up episode. In a good way though. This might be my first time watching a show like this. I'm intrigued on how this will play out. I really like the OP and ED. They sound and look great.
Jan 12, 2017 8:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Heavy, heavy show. This is gonna leave me depressed, got chills throughout the whole almost sex scene, it was incredibly directed with the music and animation.

The whole premise might have come off as stupid, but seeing it first-hand....i get what they are feeling. It is indeed scummy, but they see no way out of this.
Jan 12, 2017 8:56 AM
Jun 2016
This is what school days should have been hahah hope it wont end the same though... Nice op and i really like the ED.
Jan 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
This is rather twisted, their relationship is pretty screwed up.
The main question is where is this going.
Should be interesting.
Jan 12, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2014
Makes zero sense, but that's Japanese romance show for ya, it's little better then Mexican soaps, but still stupid enough for relaxation when I'm not studying (damn that lack of harem shows in the last few seasons).
3rgoJan 12, 2017 9:43 AM
Jan 12, 2017 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
Will this be on crunchyroll
Jan 12, 2017 10:04 AM
Nov 2016
As far as this anime season goes, this anieme is easily it's best looking one. As a fan of the manga, I wasn't sure how similar the Anime would be to the manga or wether the creators would pull a Tokyo Ghoul √A on everyone and make it completely different. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the narrative style and how well the characters are being depicted. It is true that a lot of characters haven't been introduced yet, however that doesn't hinder the first episode which is very, very well made.

The OP song has a sad and emotional vibe to it, thus making it perfect for this anime. The anime does a good job of pouring in human emotions into each and every scene, making the anime that much more believeable.

The one thing I am worried about is the length of this anime. If it is indeed an 11/12 episode anime and it tries to adapt the entire manga which is scheduled to end in this March, a lot of character development will be left out of the anime, thus causing it to become another Angel Beats AKA a well-made anime with very little character development.
Jan 12, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly I'm not very impressed with this first episode.I think everyone is a bit overreacting to all these 'mature' 'controversial' stuff don't necessarily make an anime better imo.Not saying its bad might turn out to be a great drama romance.
Jan 12, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
I have never watched a romance anime portrayed in such a way as this one so i am very intrigued by this first episode.
Jan 12, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2015
Alhakam said:
DatRandomDude said:

Maybe not retarded, but it does show that you can't pay attention for shit.

Jan 12, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
I'm discovering that the torturous unrequited love type romance might be my guilty pleasure: what drew me was the promise of it in the description, and this episode didn't disappoint, the show's definitely looking better than expected.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 12, 2017 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
If ya'll think theyre already scums as it is then you aint seen nothing yet, they become more horrible personality wise and action wise in the upcoming episodes, trust me.
For people that arent into those kind of stories with NTR and just plain horrible characters I suggest you dont watch this anymore, this gets crazier as ep goes by.
Jan 12, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Alhakam said:

Maybe not retarded, but it does show that you can't pay attention for shit.

I actually can understand the first guy but you what is your problem, maybe so many people bullied you in your life and now you want to bully people on line ,poor guy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2016
Really good first episode. I was confused at first because I thought he was her actual brother but towards the middle of the episode they kinda made it obvious he wasn't. Really interested to see were the story goes.

Looking forward to watching more.

Jan 12, 2017 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
The school days feels...let's hope they just fall for each other.
Jan 12, 2017 11:01 AM

Feb 2016
just watched the first episode... this is going to be a feel ride, i bet it. for me is a strong contender for AOTS (not counting sequels), it hooked me really hard
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 12, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2015
That opening was freaking fantastic in my opinion, and the way the anime handled it's visuals and just the general art style were different, at least I haven't seen anything done like this before, and on top of that it was pretty dang cute, and pretty erotic.

Really started wondering how far they were gonna go with this, and then the dude started undressing her and stuff. It went pretty dang far. Any further and this could have been a hentai, and probably the only hentai I would watch. Anyway, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, but not too much. This is going to be interesting.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 12, 2017 11:16 AM
Feb 2016
Really liked the first episode and the OP and ED are great aswell. Let's hope this keeps up.
Jan 12, 2017 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
I was really waiting for this anime after i heard that it's about a mature relationship not the cliché romance anime , and it turns to be good
But I made a small mistake after I missed a small part that they were neighbors and I thought they were real brothers and I thought it was incest, and as always there are some people who ready to attack you the online coward bullies, that I don't get....but after all it's the Internet people feel brave after hiding behind fake names
AlhakamJan 12, 2017 11:35 AM
Jan 12, 2017 11:18 AM

Jul 2011
I think the music itself puts this anime way up on the Winter season. The visuals are also fantastic. I loved the panelling.

I do have some nitpicks though. I do hope they will explore Mugi's perspective more on this as well, though seems like they will happen later on(?). I also find it a bit strange how she calls the sensei straight up oniichan rather than -nii as a suffix. I wonder how far this relationship goes as well, considering this is the first episode.

Also, lol @ the ending scene, don't you usually sleep on the lap, not crotch?
MirorinJan 12, 2017 11:35 AM
Jan 12, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
I feel like this is going to be the Orange in terms of feels for winter season. The story line resonated deeply with me for unrequited love. Looking forward to the major character development in this one.
☆ V E L V E T  (ハジメました) feel free to add/comment!

anime_list | BN_ID: #1404 | LoL: mmredvelvet

let's eat good food and play games together ~
Jan 12, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2009
Oh~ A good looking serious love drama! It's been a while... Having all of these actiony and otaku-ish anime around all the time has made me almost forget about the legitimate dramas. I'm definitely going to be sticking with this one, don't even need to see more than the start of ep1 to know that.

Good stuff, good stuff.

I'm actually more surprised there is such extensive interest and conversation to this anime already. That's a very good sign, people are tuning their noses to things less shallowly alluring.

...And then i watched the rest... holy hell, that was the best and most non-wasteful foreplay scene i've ever seen in anime.
This anime is fucking quality.

I wasn't sure if we'd get a gem this season, i was pretty sure we were just going to get another "slightly above average" season, but we have one here.
GenesisAriaJan 12, 2017 11:48 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 12, 2017 12:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
surprise anime, the personal relationships takes a different way, and a girl and boy, stay together but without love waiting their lovers, their teachers, that both teachers are lovers!!!! A little com plicate, but different, and this is nice!!!!

7/10 for this first chapter, and now i have to wait how evolve!!!!
Jan 12, 2017 12:10 PM
May 2015
Intense_ said:
Honestly I'm not very impressed with this first episode.I think everyone is a bit overreacting to all these 'mature' 'controversial' stuff don't necessarily make an anime better imo.Not saying its bad might turn out to be a great drama romance.
i agree with this, the high initial score is surprising.

I think this could very well turn out to be great but it also has trash potential. very weird place where after the first ep i really can't get a feel on whether or not the show will be good or to my liking.
Jan 12, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2014
Finally, an anime aside from this season aside from Gintama that I know I'm gonna keep up with!
This was such a good start, and whilst there wasn't anything particularly amazing about the art or animation, the colour palette is nice and there were some stunning stills. The little manga style panels worked well too.

Ah, how refreshing it is to have a romance anime where the main couple have a mutual lack of romantic interest in one another. Anime in general seems to forget that there is more than love and relationships than romance. Which, okay I do get considering it kinda kills the idea of the fairy tale romance altogether...but honestly it's much more intriguing when things like convenience and mutual interest are factored into any relationship. Like, despite Mugi and Hana not being in love with one another, their relationship is adorable...they're placing an immense amount of trust in one another so they're pretty much bros XD

I have no idea where this is going- who is gonna end up with who or if Mugi will fall for Hana or visa versa...which is great because with a shit ton of romance anime I can already see the conclusion laid out in front of me and it rarely gets executed in an engaging way. Intrigued about the other girls in the opening and from things that have been floating around online, I think I can expect some Yuri??? Win!!

Opening was alright (it'll prolly grow on me) , but the ending was gorgeous aside from the weird human centipede flower thingy.

Also more smut is welcome.
Oh yeah, and I am not trusting female sensei...or maybe I've just watched too many shoujo anime.
Jan 12, 2017 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
Nice first episode, did very well with setting the mood - everything from the visuals to the audio feels very fitting.

Stories like this are kinda my thing (like Umibe no Onnanoko, Aku no Hana, for example), so this is that one show of the season I'll be following along. //finds it hard to follow many ongoing things at once, so gotta choose carefully
Jan 12, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2016
Ah the eyes kinda annoy me here . I mean hana's eye color is purple (?) for example. But the color fades at the bottom of her eyes . Same for most of the characters.
The atmosphere was gloomy, and the art style complimented that. I think it's a solid start that established the premise of the story .
Jan 12, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
oah serious matters here each one in love with senpais hahahah
lets see the development for the moment is very interesting
Jan 12, 2017 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
YES!!!! HELL YES DAMMIT!!!!

I was a fan of the manga before the anime announcement came, and I was shocked. What? Kuzu no Honkai on TV? No way!!

I thought that this story was way too "niche" and in some parts too raunchy to ever be animated - or if, then not for public TV consumption. And what happens? Masaomi Ando (director of White Album 2) picks it up. And if there's someone who knows how to make painful romantic drama stick, it's him.

This show is definitely not for everyone. But if you are open for a very unconventional and extremely interesting character study, and not easily shooed off by controversial themes, this is going to be a great show for you. Because it leaves the old paths and always keeps you on your toes, with unexpected developments.

Episode 1 was exceptionally well done and caught the atmosphere very well. Excellent job, Lerche. I'm here for the full ride. Sign me up for the season pass.
Jan 12, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
KingKatsura said:
Intense_ said:
i agree with this, the high initial score is surprising.

I think this could very well turn out to be great but it also has trash potential. very weird place where after the first ep i really can't get a feel on whether or not the show will be good or to my liking.
Everything has trash potential. Regardless of whatever idiotic reasons people are liking this anime for, it is indeed a piece of quality, and it's filling a hole that has been growing without people realizing: a drama vacuum. With some well handled scenes (i mean really well handled, absolutely no fanservice to be had), and a dramatic and fairly realistic premise, we have a lot of room for growth. If they got it in them to do something this quality, they have it in them to continue doing so.

I dunno how much legitimate anime drama you watch, but once you have ones that know to take themselves seriously from the get-go, they generally maintain that. Drama is japan's specialty when it comes to storytelling.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 12, 2017 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Have been reading the manga on and off and was pleased to see that it was adapted. Even more pleased to see that they have not toned down the 'nasty' of the story or introduced some comic relief crap.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2017 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
I'm not sure about this yet. And I'm a bit surprised by the high score (manga has a bit lower score). Setting/plot seems like it's going to be interesting. (I guess there will be painful moments and one falling in love with the other while the other doesn't requite that love.)

Art/char design is beautiful.

But ... the pacing in the 1st half of the 1st episode was a bit boring. I guess this will get better next episodes since the 1st episode was for introduction/explaining the situation.

Also those scenes where they made it look a bit like manga panel ... I though they overused that. Didn't like it that much when they used in the episode when people were talking. The only thing were I thought it was okay was for showing environmental/atmospheric stuff like at the beginning with the plant and the water/rain drop.

Hopefully this will get better in next episodes. (They only should use it for stuff like that and when changing scenes ... at the beginning, at the end and in the middle/half of the episode maybe.)
Jan 12, 2017 1:00 PM
Jan 2016
Nice first episode
The anime is a mature romance story
The feelings of the female character are so realistic
The op and ed song are so good and fit the show well
Also the soundtrack is so well done
Jan 12, 2017 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
Damnn this one resonates with me. Great introduction and story so far. Quality animation as well. Haven't seen a real life problem-ish anime like this since Orange. One of them is obviously going to break their promise.

P.S. I think I'm in love with the ED song
damn, the forums these days...
Jan 12, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2008
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! If I'm going to go through all of that trouble to deal with an unrequited love, you better believe there's going to be some sex involved...and A LOT of it!!!

They probably won't have sex?! Judging from the ED, it looks like everybody's fucking any and every thing that walks by or into the room!

Let's get this cuckfest started!! LMAO!!
Jan 12, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
the story concept and art is good but i do not think i will be continuing with it, the first episode was a turn off due to that one scene near the end.
Jan 12, 2017 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
Quite interesting.

I like, that the intimate scene is shown explicitly without being cringeworthy.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 12, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
The idea of the anime i dirty but i guess that what they want to reach us , those hentai scenes tho i wonder

Also you can tell the boy isn't bother as much as the girl when it come to his one sided love , well i guess these stuff really hit the girls harder then
Devil_SlayerJan 12, 2017 1:58 PM
Jan 12, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
Japan has some serious incest problem
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Jan 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Nov 2015
Oh. That was good. I wasn't expecting this kind of drama. I don't know why but when I'm watching this anime, I have the same feeling that I had when I was watching School Days lel.
Jan 12, 2017 1:49 PM
Jun 2016
I'm very excited for this anime, it's very good so far
Jan 12, 2017 1:51 PM
Sep 2015
StiffMister said:
Japan has some serious incest problem

That's what I was thinking. She loves her brother? That is wrong on so many levels!

I give this anime a 3/10 because Lerche's animation style is always good. But the plot is sooooooo bad. I won't watch the second episode. I think I watched enough and now it's time to clean my eyes with some holy water drops.
Jan 12, 2017 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
@Alhakam

It was wrong of the other person to insult you.

What I don't like about your initial comment is, that you asked, if the Japanese are really like this/want to have sex with siblings. That they show something in a fictional story, doesn't mean, that they want to do this in real life.

Western fiction has just as much incest as manga and anime. And you know how incest is perceived in western countries.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 12, 2017 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
JOELbedulla said:
That's what I was thinking. She loves her brother? That is wrong on so many levels!

I give this anime a 3/10 because Lerche's animation style is always good. But the plot is sooooooo bad. I won't watch the second episode. I think I watched enough and now it's time to clean my eyes with some holy water drops.

A semi-awake viewer shouldn't have missed that "oniichan" isn't actually her brother. He's an elder childhood friend. So, no incest.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

207 by bakakisima »»
Sep 14, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

158 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

160 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

212 by bakakisima »»
Sep 12, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

178 by bakakisima »»
Sep 12, 6:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.