Forum Settings
Forums
New
Are you going to get married?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 23, 2016 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
i need to have economic/financial security first which is kinda hard for me to achieve
May 23, 2016 2:52 AM

May 2016
Since im single i don't see my self getting married in the upcoming future :c
May 23, 2016 2:54 AM

Feb 2014
@losers so hi will you pls marry me :^)
May 23, 2016 3:23 AM
Jan 2016
min said:
@losers so hi will you pls marry me :^)

@min 2 late we're already married gg wp x
May 23, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2015
Would be nice, but no. I doubt I'll ever get married
May 23, 2016 6:20 AM

May 2010
Duh, definitely! Hopefully within next 5-6 years or so :> It's a dream for any girl who watched Disney princess movies when they were young.
May 23, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
true love dont exist..well 90% anyway. and if i have to go '''Hit''' on girls.. .. thats lame as fk.
oh wait.. i can always find marriage proposals.... ...Nah
it be nice though.. becomeing friends with a girl.. who likes the same stuff as u do..geting to know her.. .. and... eventually get married...well my synopsis lack detail.. welll anyway thats pretty rare..

love is just Lust.

so..... U tell me
TheDiabolicEsperMay 23, 2016 6:54 AM

May 23, 2016 6:59 AM

Jan 2013

What a clean cut statistic, I'd hate to ruin such a pretty thing.
May 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Sep 2015
Chandela said:

What a clean cut statistic, I'd hate to ruin such a pretty thing.
I know right. I'm just sitting here admiring it myself. So beautiful. <3

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 23, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
Probably not.
I can see why people would want to get married, but to me it holds no special meaning. Also, i would probably dislike going to my own wedding even more than i dislike going to other people's weddings. I hate large social gatherings, full of fake smiles from distant family members and people you barely care about, so i'll certainly not organize one myself.

I could agree to marriage if it was really important to my SO, but fortunately she thinks the same way as I do, and she would enjoy being engaged forever more than getting actually married.
May 23, 2016 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
I will preserve this beauty at all costs, voting is closed. >u<

ask for discord server
May 23, 2016 7:44 AM

May 2016
I used to think that marriage, even dating someone is foolish. It's useless and yes i used to hate it very much. But since my ex (the first time) confessed long time ago, i started to think maybe dating is not that bad. Even tough in the end everything not going really well LOL
But long before he confessed, i did think that having a harmony relationship is interesting. maybe i will consider to get married but oh well xD
May 23, 2016 7:46 AM

May 2014
Nope.

It just seems like a colossal waste of effort and money to me, wearing a beautiful princess dress doesn't seem like a bad idea though....
I just don't understand the intrinsic need so many people have to "officially" tie themselves to another person- when you love somebody, aren't you already tied no matter what happens anyway?? Is a ring and a name change going to make it more real somehow? I guess there are legal benefits, but still, is it really worth the hassle?!!

That's just me though...

Maybe back when divorce didn't exist, I could get it...marriage was a literal vow to the death! Nowadays though, the whole thing seems cheapened and the vows are a whole lot more hollow imo...."Till death do us part" is more like "till I'm sick and tired of you".

I dunno, I guess I'm not a romantic at heart!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2008
deadaccount___ said:
Bruh, I didn't even vote yet. Please.
May 23, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2015
Tachii said:
deadaccount___ said:
Dafonk, you closed it so the polls will favour people who said no than yes? What gives?

What are you talking about? It's perfectly even. I can't let that go. >u<

ask for discord server
May 23, 2016 8:00 AM

Jun 2008
But I haven't voted yet.

:[[[

I no like.
May 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2015
Tachii said:
But I haven't voted yet.

:[[[

I no like.
But I... Fine. I'll re-open. It was nice while it lasted. ;-;

ask for discord server
May 23, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
I agree with you. I can't love someone genuinely so I can't see myself marrying someone at all. Or even date someone again.

Thanks for re-opening the poll!

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate
May 23, 2016 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Well yeah. Not anytime soon though, it'll depend on what my SO thinks about it.
May 23, 2016 8:24 AM

Aug 2011
Nope. I'm too much of an egocentric jerk. I had couple long relationships, also currently I'm living with my ex-gf. I hate to deal with insecurity and possessiveness, also there are many small things that annoy the hell outta me.
May 23, 2016 9:09 AM

Feb 2016
I cant think of any reason to not get married
May 23, 2016 10:03 AM
Mar 2015

One day, I'll find my special guy and we'll be happy.
May 23, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2011
Probably, it depends if I find the one or not.
May 23, 2016 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
well i wish i can get married!! does anyone want to take me!! lol
May 23, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
I would probably marry a girl that i really love, problem is finding one that i truly like lol

Anyways society forces you to be married because they tell you that that's the step necessary to have a beautiful life, so lots of marriages don't work out because behind them there's just the fear to be an outcast
May 23, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2015
It's not that important to me, but I would if I met the right person.
May 23, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2016
How can I get married if I never go outside????

In all seriousness though, probably, if I find the right person.
Back from the dead
May 23, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2010
it has a lot of symbolic meaning to some people
scratch that, not some, a fucking lot of people

it is essentially the final step in youth, serves as like a finish line for those that highly value companionship. my best friend is one of those women that super values marriage and that's her end goal in life, and she doesn't have any other aspirations other than to get married and to be a wife.

I don't plan on getting married, and I don't particularly want to get married period. I doubt I'll ever find anyone that I'll genuinely want to spend the rest of my life with

May 23, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Marriage is a hopeless action to keep your partner with you, so no. I don't think relationships should always lead to marriage. As long as you want to be with someone just do it. No reason for religion or politics to "tell you to be together"

Now, i'm not saying that it's a bad thing, i'm just saying it's pointless
May 23, 2016 12:46 PM

May 2014
I don't think it's necessary, if two people love and care for each other then you don't need a document or ceremony to prove it.
I have nothing against it though.
If you want to have a big party go ahead, that just means more free food for me :^)
Personally, I worry that if I do find someone I'd want to be with, my plans for the future wouldn't align with theirs and I'd feel tied down in a marriage. And I wouldn't be able to live how I want to.
May 23, 2016 1:06 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly, I'm a bit of a bastard and have never really enjoyed the company of other people outside of a few people, so unless I find some girl that makes me go crazy, then probably not.

I took a personality test and got the results of INTJ-A, and the first flaw was "Clueless in Romance."
I am new to the anime community, please feel free to suggest any anime for me to watch and review. List is currently in my Bio.

Currently watching: Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex

"Some people get kicks, stomping on a dream. But I don't let it, let it get me down, 'cause this fine o'l world keeps spinning around." -That's Life, Frank Sinatra
May 23, 2016 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
I agree with you completely, I don't see the point of getting married or even falling in love, I mean think about it if you fall in love and it doesn't work out you're gonna be really hurt aren't you, so what's the point in falling in love if you know that the chances are that your love might be one-sided or that it won't work out later on. I even prefer the idea of an arranged marriage to falling in love and getting married.
May 23, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Walking around and banging different people is more fun lol.

But yeah, I probably would but that would be much later on in life. In late 20ies or early 30ies.
May 23, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
xrockxz89 said:
Besides, you really never know when you might get lucky, always be ready! lol (kind of more of a dating attitude than marriage but whatever).

It might happen in the future, of course. A car can run over me and kill me as well.

deadaccount___ said:
That's a good way to look at it. I'm the same, really. Love isn't required to enjoy yourself. I think the single life comes with a lot more perks anyway. :p

I think it depends on what the person whishes to do with their life. I mean, if your biggest dream is to get married and have kids, nice! Go for it! I'm not going to stop you. In my case, being married and/or having kids would limit myself a lot, so that's like the actual main reason I don't really want to get married.

Romantic love isn't the only type of love, though. You can perfectly get love from your family and friends and it's not less valuable than the love you can receive from a boy/girlfriend or a husband/wife. Wanting to be single does not equal being a loser, after all. xD

TheBrainintheJar said:
No offense but it's possible you won't find anyone to connect with. The world isn't a just place where everything works out. I hope you'll find someone if you wish for it, but life can become a landslide.

No offense, but you obviously didn't read my previous posts before sharing an opinion I didn't ask for. So yeah, what do you want me to tell you?

Also,
deadaccount___ said:
She did say she was open to that possibility and it's okay if it does work out that way.

Thanks fam you saved me a lot of time. xD

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 23, 2016 2:25 PM
Feb 2014
Marriage is either

a). Being a slave to the economy
b). Rape

It can't be both, but it also can be both.
May 23, 2016 2:55 PM

May 2013
Sweet said:
xrockxz89 said:
Besides, you really never know when you might get lucky, always be ready! lol (kind of more of a dating attitude than marriage but whatever).

It might happen in the future, of course. A car can run over me and kill me as well.

that's not the kind of 'getting laid' you hope for xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 23, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
kawaiiyuris said:
Reeceiam said:
I like girls in general <3 they are all so cute!
I could marry any female Mal user as well :^)

PS If any girls are interested, you can PM me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

what is this
a candlejack alt or something?

HA!
Too true, too true. If not, probably candlejack inspired.
May 23, 2016 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
Probably not.. OK never since I can't find a guy that will want to stay with me.
May 23, 2016 7:15 PM

Nov 2013
maybe? I've gone through three relationships this past year and i can't imagine myself making such a big commitment at any point

but realistically, yeah I probably will, but after finishing school I definitely want to focus on my career first so it wouldn't be for a while heh
May 23, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
I would, but I doubt anyone would want to lmao

May 24, 2016 12:06 AM

May 2015
deadaccount___ said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

No offense but it's possible you won't find anyone to connect with. The world isn't a just place where everything works out. I hope you'll find someone if you wish for it, but life can become a landslide.
She did say she was open to that possibility and it's okay if it does work out that way.

In my experience every time it feels like I've reached the end of the line, more friends or another girl comes along whether I like it or not. It's a matter of what you do with your time I guess.

You happen to be lucky. I'm often amazed how little options I've got here but again, the world isn't built right.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 24, 2016 3:12 AM

Jan 2014
I never really understood proposals, I feel like if you have to ask your partner to marry you then you shouldn't even be asking. imho

But yeah - if I happen to meet someone that I've able to come to a mutual agreement with, then yes I would get married.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
May 24, 2016 9:07 PM

Jun 2008
aeyum said:
maybe? I've gone through three relationships this past year and i can't imagine myself making such a big commitment at any point

but realistically, yeah I probably will, but after finishing school I definitely want to focus on my career first so it wouldn't be for a while heh
3 relationships in a year? dayum u fast

tbh i think right after finishing school is the perfect time to find someone. its not like you're gonna be focusing on your career 24/7 (nobody should be doing this, period). I feel like when you get a new job, you'll at least stay in one place for a while, which is good in terms of logistics. In school you know you're probably gonna move at one point (for Master's, Undergrad, etc) and you can't really be picky about where your first job is either. I'm the kind of guy who don't really want to push anyone to move with me, so I'd rather move first to get to my first job, then build from there.
rida1886 said:
I never really understood proposals, I feel like if you have to ask your partner to marry you then you shouldn't even be asking. imho
Somethings have to be said and communicated openly though. Should nobody ever say "I love you" just because both people are both in love with each other? A proposal is more like a formality. They've likely talked to each other for a while about what they want in the relationship and when it's time, it's done.
TachiiMay 24, 2016 9:13 PM
May 24, 2016 9:58 PM

Nov 2013
Tachii said:
aeyum said:

tbh i think right after finishing school is the perfect time to find someone. its not like you're gonna be focusing on your career 24/7 (nobody should be doing this, period). I feel like when you get a new job, you'll at least stay in one place for a while, which is good in terms of logistics. In school you know you're probably gonna move at one point (for Master's, Undergrad, etc) and you can't really be picky about where your first job is either. I'm the kind of guy who don't really want to push anyone to move with me, so I'd rather move first to get to my first job, then build from there.

yeeah I'm not sure what I was thinking- but all 3 ended veeerrry anticlimatically so welp
and I see your point in the whole job thing, it's just that I've always been super wary of commitment (disregarding last year, y i k e s) so I feel safer when I tell myself all I'll have to do is concentrate on my career.
May 25, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2015
aeyum said:
Tachii said:

yeeah I'm not sure what I was thinking- but all 3 ended veeerrry anticlimatically so welp
and I see your point in the whole job thing, it's just that I've always been super wary of commitment (disregarding last year, y i k e s) so I feel safer when I tell myself all I'll have to do is concentrate on my career.

If you're female, 3 relationships in a year is not surprising. Every female I know always have suitors in line just waiting for their chance.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 25, 2016 2:24 AM

Sep 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
aeyum said:

If you're female, 3 relationships in a year is not surprising. Every female I know always have suitors in line just waiting for their chance.
Reminds me of my favourite Jim Jefferies line about the "wage gap" in America.

"I'm sure there's women in this room who are saying "I pay for my drinks, I bought my own ticket", and don't think we don't appreciate the uglies because we do!"

ask for discord server
May 25, 2016 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
idk,probably not.Marriage seems troublesome.I'm not afraid of commitment tho.
May 25, 2016 6:27 AM

Jul 2014
Already talked about it with my current boyfriend, so yes~

But even if I was single right now/wasn't with him I can still imagine myself married one day. Not getting married was never an option for me, I guess?
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 25, 2016 7:23 AM

May 2014
I think I probably will, it's a cycle of life. It is worth it with the right person definitely. Personally, at this moment I just realized that almost everything in life is a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed to work. The same thing for marriage. You just have to try what you think is right and a wise decision, if it went well then good.
May 25, 2016 8:51 AM
Jul 2015
-First of all finishing my studies and get a girlfriend.
-Then find a job.
-Then buy a house.
-Then achieve some stability.
-And then, when I may start to want to have a child, I would marriage.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Existential Boredom

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

12 by ScaryOwl »»
17 minutes ago

Sticky: » General Advice Thread v2

Fluffygreygrass - Sep 13

12 by LenRea »»
17 minutes ago

» You may not be able to have offspring with your alien partner.

Absurdo_N - Sep 21

21 by LenRea »»
21 minutes ago

» Why is it the older you get nothing seems to be the same.

The-Nsider - Yesterday

12 by LenRea »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you like dancing in September?

Adnash - Sep 21

9 by Serafos »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.