Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 22, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
this is looking to be one of the greats this season
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Apr 23, 2016 1:12 AM
Feb 2014
For those who don't know...or might not have noticed, I just want to give my two cents. All of the characters here are based of real life authors and their abilities are names of their famous books/works.

Naomi, Junichiro's sister is actually the name of the author Junichiro's famous book called Naomi...which is basically Japan's version of Lolita (28 year old man marries a 15-year-old girl). So, explains the very serious affection (though they made it too much here and added the bro-con aspect).

Also wanna say that Dazai obsessing over the waitress reflects the author Dazai in real life who also fell in love with a waitress and basically had many lovers in his life. And he kept mentioning double suicide...because Dazai committed like 3 double love suicides (he survived 5 suicide attempts until he finally drowned in the river which explains the way he shows his first appearance the first episode) and his thing for suicides.

There might be small details when it comes to other characters but for the most part, Dazai and Junichiro (at least the ones who have been introduced) are the only ones I'm quite familiar with. Ahh, Akutagawa's ability, Rashomon based on the short story he wrote and has been adapted into a movie (considered one of the greatest movie ever made...)
Apr 23, 2016 5:22 AM

Mar 2011
Comic_Sans said:
HOLY SHIT DAZAI IS A FORMER MAFIA MEMBER THAT PLOT TWIST... Except that I saw it coming the moment they brought up that they don't know anything about his former profession. That was extremely predictable, just like the "MC turning out to be the evil tiger!!" plot twist. Hopefully it'll become less foreseeable in the future because I actually like this show

Also, I really hope that stupid imouto bitch died, she's ruining the whole show

A lot of these things a lot of people are complaining about are not SUPPOSED to be a plot twist. I mean, every japanese person who knows The moon over the moutain KNEW that Sushi-kun was the tiger AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE, and while it's not a lot of people here there is definitely a lot more of them in Japan which is their primary audience. They didn't even try to hide it. It's hardly a plot twist. It may be for western people but that's not on purpose as all.

arikryu said:
lol I can't imagine Dazai as an ex-mafia member! I hope they show him in his mafia days though :3

You'll see what he looked like at least, and some scenes.

Also wanna say that Dazai obsessing over the waitress reflects the author Dazai in real life who also fell in love with a waitress and basically had many lovers in his life. And he kept mentioning double suicide...because Dazai committed like 3 double love suicides (he survived 5 suicide attempts until he finally drowned in the river which explains the way he shows his first appearance the first episode) and his thing for suicides.

If anyone is interested, an english subbed version of the movie of Ningen shikkaku exists, which isn't bad if you like this kind of movie and explain from where character-Dazai gets a lot of his quirks and the "no longer human" thing and is probably more more accessible for most people compared to reading, I guess. Be also warned that the movie can be considered really depressing.
willardhwrightApr 23, 2016 5:33 AM
Apr 23, 2016 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
A lot of these things a lot of people are complaining about are not SUPPOSED to be a plot twist. I mean, every japanese person who knows The moon over the moutain KNEW that Sushi-kun was the tiger AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE, and while it's not a lot of people here there is definitely a lot more of them in Japan which is their primary audience. They didn't even try to hide it. It's hardly a plot twist. It may be for western people but that's not on purpose as all.
Okay, let's say that the MC-Kun plot twist wasn't supposed to be a plot twist, but how does that excuse the Dazai plot twist?

It doesn't
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 23, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Okay, let's say that the MC-Kun plot twist wasn't supposed to be a plot twist, but how does that excuse the Dazai plot twist?

It doesn't

Judging on partial informations is a bad idea because there's always the possibility of it being false or significant thing having an impact being unknown and revealed later.

Anyway IMO it's not even supposed to be a plot twist at all. It's mainly here for the Dazai-Akutagawa and Dazai-Chuya relationships and its ground, I'm not sure that you can call it a "plot twist"to begin with, especially since they bring the subject at THE BEGINNING of the episode and answer it at the end, and there's not much of a twist since it didn't have a lot of consequences (if any) in between. There's a difference between "something unexpected" and a "plot twist"; the plot twist usually have a major importance; not sure the dazai in the mafia part is even supposed to be like this since it was used pretty nonchalantly even in the manga.

While it may seem ironic, the detective agency in this anime are hardly detectives to begin with (except for Ranpo) and the anime is quite far from a mystery so don't expect plot twists constantly, there are some, but it doesn't look like what the author is aiming at.
Apr 23, 2016 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
Dropped, not doing enough for me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

It doesn't

Judging on partial informations is a bad idea because there's always the possibility of it being false or significant thing having an impact being unknown and revealed later.

Anyway IMO it's not even supposed to be a plot twist at all. It's mainly here for the Dazai-Akutagawa and Dazai-Chuya relationships and its ground, I'm not sure that you can call it a "plot twist"to begin with, especially since they bring the subject at THE BEGINNING of the episode and answer it at the end, and there's not much of a twist since it didn't have a lot of consequences (if any) in between. There's a difference between "something unexpected" and a "plot twist"; the plot twist usually have a major importance; not sure the dazai in the mafia part is even supposed to be like this since it was used pretty nonchalantly even in the manga.

While it may seem ironic, the detective agency in this anime are hardly detectives to begin with (except for Ranpo) and the anime is quite far from a mystery so don't expect plot twists constantly, there are some, but it doesn't look like what the author is aiming at.
Hmphf

Fair enough
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 23, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2013
So either Akutagawa smokes waaaay too many cigarettes or he has some kind weakness/illness that will come into play later in the series, because he coughs almost every 2 seconds.
Apr 23, 2016 8:31 AM
Jul 2012
jiannemsoriano said:
For those who don't know...or might not have noticed, I just want to give my two cents. All of the characters here are based of real life authors and their abilities are names of their famous books/works.

Naomi, Junichiro's sister is actually the name of the author Junichiro's famous book called Naomi...which is basically Japan's version of Lolita (28 year old man marries a 15-year-old girl). So, explains the very serious affection (though they made it too much here and added the bro-con aspect).

There might be small details when it comes to other characters but for the most part, Dazai and Junichiro (at least the ones who have been introduced) are the only ones I'm quite familiar with. Ahh, Akutagawa's ability, Rashomon based on the short story he wrote and has been adapted into a movie (considered one of the greatest movie ever made...)

The bro-con aspect may have some some literary basis, too. Naomi (the novel character) was said to have been based on the real Junichiro Tanizaki's sister-in-law. And I think she was teasing when she told Atsushi that they were blood related (though, knowing her, she probably wouldn't mind of that was the case). I still think they're siblings by re-marriage.

The humour of this show generally doesn't jive well with me- there was Dazai's suicide gag, and now there's whole thing going with the Tanizaki siblings (and I know about the literary references). I like Atsushi, though, and the exaggerated facial expressions are hilarious. And honestly- I have to give the show props for being so utterly shameless with with its black comedy. It's not everybody's cup of tea (it certainly isn't mine), but it it's being put forward so bluntly that it's hard to hate the entire show for a several small comedic bits that make me uncomfortable.
dokidokidoingApr 23, 2016 8:44 AM
Apr 23, 2016 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
Dazai was a mafia member O.o I was going to say a thug or someone in the army but damn ...
Apr 23, 2016 8:44 AM
Feb 2014
dokidokidoing said:
jiannemsoriano said:

The bro-con aspect may have some some literary basis, too. Naomi (the novel character) was said to have been based on the real Junichiro Tanizaki's sister-in-law. And I still think she was teasing when she told Atsushi that they were blood related.

Oh right! I remember reading that in his wiki page, thanks for adding it!

Btw, I apologize. I didn't read through the whole comments so I just realized that someone already pointed out the literary reflections of the real life authors before I did and in greater detail too!!!
Apr 23, 2016 2:31 PM
Feb 2016
Great episode, I was caught off guard. Really did not expect it turn so violent so quickly. Half expected it to be another test for the main character or something xD. I thought the first few episodes would be more humorous than dark...

I actually wish the brother and sister didn't die. Danzai will look like a jerk if they do :( cause he doesn't seemed perturbed about the state them. Also because he suspected that Akutagawa may show up, so its like he sent these unprepared three to their deaths if they do die.
Apr 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
I wonder what Naomi's powers are that she managed to survive all those bullets lmao. Personally I didn't feel much for them nearly dying until Juni actually used his powers- which by the way, i'm curious to know why he kept saying his powers aren't suited for combat. He is at least suited for doing some undercover work or stealth attacks. The Tanazaki's are still too much of a joke for me to shed any tears over though. Hopefully that changes, the whole incest jokes kind of wig me out.

I can't say the overall plot of this episode actually was very mysterious. It was pretty obvious they were being led into a trap, and it didn't take my by surprise that the battle was put on hold, since it is only episode 3 lmao. BUT the battle made up for the predictability, it was actually pretty exciting to watch and see new abilities, as well as see Atsushi and Ryu's powers. It's already taken a more serious tone, despite the comedic gags during the show, so I'm curious to see this plot play out. Even better to know that there are 24 episodes set out for the plot as opposed to just 12.

Interesting to know there are some literary allusions, I wish I could pick up on them but I guess there is always some sort of barrier with certain jokes, especially when shows use wordplay.

3/5
1290349450394aApr 23, 2016 2:49 PM
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 23, 2016 6:21 PM

Feb 2016
I was cheering when Naomi got rained down with bullets.
I feel bad for myself.

Phew. The shifting between the tones felt really abrupt, but I'm satisfied that it turned darker.

Though my deus ex machina senses are tingling so hard right now.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 23, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Wow I really felt this episode. I think im gonna like this show a lot
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 23, 2016 8:34 PM

Sep 2015
I thought that this was a great episode. The comedy was good as usual but what really stuck with me was when the sister character jumped in front of the bullets out of love.

I've seen a few show where incest side characters were nothing but a mere punch line but actually seeing one do something without even thinking about it threw me off guard.

Something else that I didn't expect was when Atsushi ran towards the bad guy and I was 100% expecting someone to come and save his life at that moment, but no, he managed to dodge the attack, pick up a semi-automatic, and shoot his ass. It was a futile effort but the mere fact that this show has thrown out my expectations a few times in each episode makes this series a joy to watch.

Will totally watch until the series ends. I'm also really digging the ending theme.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2010
...really loving the animation emphasizing on every word and every time they use their power, love it
Apr 23, 2016 11:28 PM
Feb 2014
jiannemsoriano said:
dokidokidoing said:

The bro-con aspect may have some some literary basis, too. Naomi (the novel character) was said to have been based on the real Junichiro Tanizaki's sister-in-law. And I still think she was teasing when she told Atsushi that they were blood related.

Oh right! I remember reading that in his wiki page, thanks for adding it!

Btw, I apologize. I didn't read through the whole comments so I just realized that someone already pointed out the literary reflections of the real life authors before I did and in greater detail too!!!

I also forgot to add that Higuchi is based on Ichiyo Haguchi. She calls Akutagawa "senpai" and seems very loyal to him because author Haguchi fell in love with her mentor (who was a womanizer) and didn't return her feelings. This became an apparent and recurring theme in her works.
Apr 24, 2016 12:10 AM

Jan 2011
Eh, felt like this should have happened a bit later.
Apr 24, 2016 1:26 AM

Jul 2010
Horee shet. 5/5 That was awesome.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Apr 24, 2016 5:37 AM

Apr 2016
I wasn't expecting that. This anime can turn into something very, very good. The mix is perfect: good animation, good characters and, now, some blood. I like this shit.
"You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack hatred."
Apr 24, 2016 6:30 AM
Dec 2015
Great episode!

The animation, comedy, action was on point.
Although the pacing was faster than previous episode, they're still doing right in this adaptation.

Akutagawa was a quite evil & his ability was powerfull, although there are still many people who are stronger than him later.

Dazai was insane LOL, I'll miss him in the next episode.
Can't wait for another Detectives shows their ability, especially my lady, Yosano Akiko. Also another Mafia LOL.
NotThisShitAgainApr 24, 2016 6:37 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
I will tell what a wise man told me two weeks ago here in MAL. MAL score is just stupid, and It is. This series is amazing, the characters, the animation, maybe the OST is not that good, but sure I will keep watching It over until It ends, It deserves more than my time.
Apr 24, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
maybe i walked into this show with too many expectations?
i loved the 2 other episodes but they were very focused on the comedy,
so the transition to the third episode felt a bit awkward...
didn't like the pace of this episode
the cast is amazing!!!

Apr 24, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
Nooo rip Imouto hahahaha. Never expected the weird suicidal guy to be an ex-member of the mafia.
Apr 24, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2012
should i drop this?
too predictable and cliche, MC an unlucky human being with terrible pasts etc etc. Flashbacks and same monologues keep playing again and again
Akutagawa looks dumb with that dracula cloak. lelouch resemblance. Not a very fit guy, keeps coughing, so his ability consumes health? Like Natsume in Gakuen Alice? nayhhh not original.

1/5. Bored watching this. And Higuchi that blonde's voice and anger is annoying too. Shizuo wannabe? :/
Disappointed. Visual's the only good part.
Apr 24, 2016 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! suddenly it became epicly intense!
wow! Dazai is an ex-member of the port mafia!
Looks like both Dazai & Akutagawa cannot easily be dealt with!
Atsushi beast mode is freaking strong!
5/5.

Apr 24, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2014
I love the animation during the fight scenes. Rashomon looked seriously cool i love him. I can't believe i heard Mamochan sing about double suicide lol

Also, my dad accidentally watched this yesterday and he figured out that the characters were based on japanese authors ahaha. He also said it's cool that anime!dazai and anime!akutagawa seems to have some history together considering irl!dazai looked up to irl!akutagawa and considered akutagawa as one of his idols... i think that's really cool o.o
Apr 25, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2012
considering we barely know anything about the characters yet i can't really say i cared about much of the stuff in this episode. it wasn't bad though.
Apr 25, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
Nice, we're seeing some complexity now. This is quite promising.
Apr 25, 2016 3:01 PM

Nov 2015
Dazai was a member in Port Mafia, unexpected!

I hope Naomi is alive though.

Apr 25, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2008
jiannemsoriano said:

OH MY GOD, THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. I can't believe I didn't notice that.
I must add that Naomi in the book is very selfish and bossy, especially towards the end. The Bungou Stray Dogs character Naomi is very much like her, minus the affection part.
Apr 25, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Daizai is so powerful and funny. I was not thought that he can be a old member of the mafia. The MC's power is good, I hope the two sibling are still alive.
Intense episode
Apr 25, 2016 11:27 PM

Aug 2015
That took a turn for the (slightly) better after the extremely stale second episode. But only slightly.

If those incestuous siblings actually died I'd be impressed with how far this show is willing to go. Offing the two side comic reliefs an episode after they're introduced? That's pretty sick. If the protagonist really permanently lost his leg I'd be impressed as well. Giving the hero a debilitating handicap right on the get go? That's even sicker. That would have changed the entire mood of this show. I would have been hooked. If only this were the case.

But just as expected the siblings are still alive, and will likely make a full recovery, and the protagonist grew his leg back like it was no big deal. So that was a lot of shock value with no lasting effect. It just occurred to make the bad guy look destructive and cool without actually harming the good guys. I'm not that impressed.

It does look good art wise. Great animation in the fights and for the special powers. But plot wise I guess I should stop expecting much of anything.
Apr 26, 2016 8:00 PM

Mar 2011
The part about Dazai being more or less broken is a part of why Akutagawa's slap makes sense and is great too because it shows that he isn't stupid, psycho or completely amoral (yeah it sounds strange but I'll explain).
Dazai is basically terrifying enough to make "the dog of the mafia" step back WHILE STILL BEHAVING LIKE HE DOESN'T CARE, AND was a part of the mafia, and the members of the mafia anime-watchers know about for now are monsters like Akutagawa himself; it gives a pretty good idea of the kind of people in it.
And despite this Akiko is stupid enough to think that she can handle everything with a simple gun, both Atsushi and Dazai.
Even without the huge bounty on Atsushi (nice job girl, trying to kill someone with a millions/billions bounty on his head if he is alive), slapping her was honestly a service to her, given how she was in front of monsters at the moment and shooting would have been a instant death sentence to her.
I felt it was a way to be "nice" to her somehow (yes I'm aware that he STILL slapped her, but still), because without forcing her to stand back this way, she would probably be dead as a normal in the middle of superpowered freaks before the end of the episode. You don't mess with a man who doesn't even blink in front of the mafia, the tiger or of rashomon. If I wanted to write Aku as a complete psycho, I certainly would have let her die for her stupidity because she deserved it. I've seen some things about how him slapping her is cliche, bad writing, and just here for the"lazy author" to show that "he's a bad guy". He certainly is a jerk in the way he's not being an asshole, but he could be a lot worse.

And IMO Dazai is one of the most interesting characters of the manga. I honestly began the manga thinking he was the MC, and was slightly disappointed when I learned that it wasn't the case. He's also one hell of a snarker, and a good one, not an annoying one, and is pretty good at playing the idiot while being one step above everyone else at the same time. I could almost say that he's too "perfect" and could be an escapist character, but given what some people think about him I guess I'm wrong. He's pretty much the n°1 reason I'm reading/watching this.
Apr 27, 2016 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
So they are really siblings? She sure seems in love with her onii-chan, I hope they are not dead. This episode was great! I love the mafia people!
Apr 27, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was something! I like how things are evolving.
So Port Mafia want the head of Atsushi because it's worth 7 billion, damn xD
As it seems, Atsushi's powers can defeat that guy!
Dazai is so funny xD That's why no one can guess his previous job, he was a member of the mafia, that was unexpected, but i loved the plot twist.
I don't know how but it seems that those 2 are still alive...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 28, 2016 2:18 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, that episode escalated quickly ! I didn't expect the anime to be so violent but I'm not disappointed at all.
The siblings relationship is well, quite interesting I guess ? I hope they're alive, I want to know more about them, especially the brother and his ability.
Akutagawa is strong and was merciless. Since he kept coughing, I wonder if he has some kind of disease ?
Dazai is so fucking cool and funny at the same time. And he was also a member of the mafia, that was unexpected. Such an interesting character so far.
Otherwise, best episode for now, this anime is promising.

𝒮𝒾𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈
𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗' 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚎

Apr 28, 2016 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
Man, I'm torn between giving this show a 7 and 8. On the one hand, it often forces humor and has a couple sappier characters (the blonde mafia girl from this one), but on the other it does a ton right. I particularly liked the opening sequence, how they have two things going on at once, which isn't something that happens often even in non-anime TV. Not only does it add some extra layers to a scene because characters who aren't having a conversation aren't static, but it also gives more characterization to them.

Additionally, I REALLY liked how Akutagawa was presented. They show him for what he is all in one quick scene: he presents himself as weak and bored, but he clearly wants a challenge, as he immediately lights up when Atshushi goes tiger. This show doesn't hold your hand, and that's really something to appreciate when nowadays most shows like to have the characters monologue (or inner-monologue) so you aren't left guessing. It's both a better use of animation, and a way of saying that the creators trust the audience to be able to pick up on things.

I think I'm changing my score to an 8, but a soft 8. I will say that some of this episode alone felt rushed, but I also liked it because it was just so different. Hopefully it stays on this track. If so, it may even start beating out Kiznaiver and Kabaneri.
Apr 29, 2016 1:08 AM

Mar 2011
I really liked this episode. It gave me a lot to look forward to.
Akutagawa was pretty badass.
Apr 30, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
I thought for a second this turned into akame ga kill where literally everyone is getting killed. Freaked out for a second there.
Or that our MC was gonna have to get automail.

And, I also called the Dazai being an ex-mafia thing when they were guessing his occupation.
He really is a mysterious man and I feel like they are sort of really taking away from his character by making him the laughing stock.

Which is sort of ironic considering how the show seems to be taking away from his character by giving him a comedic role, yet in the book 'No Longer Human' the main character creates a comedy character so that he can appear closer or more human to others (or more character).

I definitely do enjoy some of the comedic moments but I feel that they are scattered in unfitting places at times,
but I definitely feel like the villains of the show shift the mood into a darker one. Considering how the mafia is merciless.

For now, there are some promising interesting things I will look forward to in the future I just hope they are executed better.
Apr 30, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
Nice episode this time. Not bad.

I really disliked the first 2 episodes because of the characters feeling reused and pointless. I still don't like the whole dramatic backgrounds they're trying to show us the characters had because they're actually really cliche characters. I don't see any good character development that I haven't already seen one too many times from other shows in this show. The comedy is funny but I can't help but think it's dragging this show down.

The action in this episode was really enjoyable though. Akutagawa's Rashoumon and Atsushi's tiger form are fun to watch.
Fresh_MintApr 30, 2016 10:02 AM
Apr 30, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
This episode. Damn. DaAMN.
Apr 30, 2016 9:17 PM

Feb 2016
finally the first antagonist appeares and atsushi as well as the incest duo (no honestly wtf was that in the beginning r u kidding me xD) got trapped by blondie.
as i was falling asleep blondie started firing and i was like wow i'm already imagining things like a death in the third episode of an non psycho/horror blabla anime. but you know it was really happening. this would be a death faster than in mayoiga or kabaneri of the iron fortress. then out of rage the guy with the orange hair went nuts and used his ability called light snow which turned out to be something that looks like the matrix code. well as i am typing the orange guy also went to the afterlife and the soundtrack kicking in fits the tone pretty well. aw they're still alive actually. a leg went flying just now. leg's back. atsushi going nuts. fight starts. me getting excited. with the appearence of dazai san the episode concludes and we get to know that he was with the port mafia in the past.
best episode so far - got me interested now. especially that dracula guy was interesting.
Apr 30, 2016 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Kind of sucks that this is 12 episodes only, at least until they announce an anime continuation/sequel. Thought this episode and the previous 2 were very good.

EDIT: Apparently they already announced another cour for October. Kind of like Durarara did. Neat.
MMApr 30, 2016 10:02 PM
May 3, 2016 2:10 AM

Dec 2010
Dazai is badass and perhaps the best actual detective around. On another note, how did Nakajima pull of that move on Akutagawa? It seems well beyond his apparent abilities.
May 12, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2010
The bad guy is very cool. Not to mension, sexy. :DDD
Dazai is always so funny and coming between the fight when you least expect it.
I hope the 2 didn't die, but of course they didn't. But hope that stupid sister-loves-his-brother-too-much cr*p will be over. I hate such things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
Ok this episode just lifted a notch, great action :) So Dazai was a former mafia, it could mean every other mafia members are tough to beat too considering Dazai himself is already godlike with his ability.
May 20, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Sht got real from 0 to 100 real quick.
That plot twist though. Dazai was a former member of the Port Mafia.
Atsushi is badass, yo.
May 21, 2016 6:13 AM
Sep 2015
BlueBalls said:
How can One Punch Man be ranked #15 when it isn't DARK enough?

It's a comedy as well with only a single joke repeated throughout the entire series. Should have been called "One Punch Line".

And Kill la Kill isn't very MATURE is it?

Not to mention the humor in that one mirrors Bungou stray dogs. I was led to believe it would be DARKER even though it has no source material, unlike Stray dogs which has a manga that the anime strictly follows.

And Fullmetal Alchemist has more or less the same kind of humor as BSD b-but it's DARK, and MATURE so it must be good r-right, never mind that it's a show for kids.

Kuroko no Basket has a pressing lack of EDGY GORE and, worst of all, silly humor!

What a shit show... except it isn't.

Etc. etc.

I can't really tell what your angry about. Could you please explain?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

160 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jun 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2016

191 by Yasminaa »»
Jun 18, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2016

125 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 16, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

369 by Lord-Commissar »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2016

244 by gladiusm »»
May 13, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.