Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2016 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I don't usually drop a show before watching episode 4, so I'll give Mayoiga one more episode to entertain me.

My problem is that I couldn't care less what happens to the characters. I know close to nothing about them. So far all of their backstories seem really fake, and their personalities are at most uninteresting, and in some cases annoying or lame. It's like the whole cast are 12-year-old otakus.

removed-userApr 16, 2016 12:03 PM
Apr 16, 2016 11:58 AM
Dec 2015
Esta serie es simplemente emocionante.... todo puede pasar a quien... es un suspenso un poco impaciente...
Apr 16, 2016 12:00 PM
Dec 2012
>We have a cast of complete social rejects and people are expecting them to be rational characters, lel
Curry-Kun said:
I notice the current trend that if you don't like a same-gender relationship regardless of what the reason might be, people would demonize you as if you're Hitler reincarnation or something.
Apr 16, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
Yotsun floating was hilarious.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Apr 16, 2016 12:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now i just don't get any of the hate. This was the best episode.

Valkana and Jack got spotlight (their moments were insane btw), Lovepon goes insane. Maimai seems to really like Mitsumune.

Also things get pretty mysterious, the driver is still there, seemingly calmed down. And Yottsun dead in the river (probably dead)

If people want to hate this show for no reason other than being dumb, then that's fine by me, pretty much an 8 for me atm.
SmudyApr 16, 2016 12:16 PM
Apr 16, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2015
The rapper went with the flow...

This anime reminds me of an American TV series called Lost. A bunch of people who don't know anything about anyone, flashbacks, trapped in a place without connection to the outside world, a criminal among them, etc etc.

MC-kun is hilarious. He got Hulk power after he got an erection. Nice.... never underestimate a beta male with sex drive.

So far interesting characters that catch my eyes are: Lovepon, Lion, Jack, the duo weapon freaks, and MC-kun. I barely remember anyone else other than that barf girl.

If this goes on like Lost, it's probably gonna be something with "evil forces" or something to do with the people who lived in that place.

Are we seriously not talking about the duo weapons freak? Pulling out guns out of nowhere? lol. I think they're more dangerous than Jack.

Apr 16, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
Comedy of the Season!!

Jack just bringing the Hatchet and Lovepon's EXECUTION are too much lol
Apr 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
and the train wreck begins. seriously they have been there a day and we have already had attempted rape, possible murder, attempted murder and lost & lots of shouting.

Any suspense has gone out of the window, what a horrible bunch of wierdo's. Gonna keep watching as it may end up being so bad its good. Oh and Lovepon isn't a Yandere she's just psychotic!

Oh and I called it first that annoying rap guy would die first.
Apr 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Valkana only character i like so far......
Apr 16, 2016 12:30 PM
Feb 2009
27CansOfTuna said:

Seemed there was another death in the preview? someone being hanged?

I think it's just Jack with a weird three in front of its face. But he is not hanged. He is calm with its hand in its pocket.

Also, regarding Jack say what you want (that "you feel sorry for him"), well I don't know. I don't think he actually meant to kill him. The weapon he had was not meant to be used as a sword, so he basically hit the weird chuuni guy with the "non-cutting part" of the weapon. It's like Kenshin with its reverse sword...

If the weapon was meant to be used as a scythe, he would need to use it right from left and not left from right. So, it was just a way to say "Do not mess with me, Justice".

Also, regarding the Yuutsun disappearance, the "I went to look for him and fall is just not convincing". She said she was not able to get up but her legs seemed fine. I just think they went to the forest, yuutsun tried something and they got interrupted. She ran away and Yuutsun was not able to escape (cause a black guy run slower than a girl of course).

Well, anyway, I'm glad he is dead. He was just here to die anyway.
Apr 16, 2016 12:32 PM
Aug 2014
ISKIJN said:
I wish there was a "Plan to Drop" option.

Why though? Shit's about to hit the fan
Apr 16, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
I kinda hate everyone in this show :)
No, to be true I do like Lion, the beanie girl and the detective lady. Maybe I will like more characters as it goes...probably not

That eye gave me some Ao Oni feelings...so I don't know if it is scary or funny af. But it is mysterious. It really was there?

Poor Jack. Cosplayer-san is so ridiculous and childish.

Valkana's backstory was really weak...I mean, yeah it sucks, but he still too much of an ass. And I fell some romantic vibe from him and e-mail girl? Maybe? Or too soon?

Yottsun floating and Mitsumune running away from Psycho-chan's boobs were so funny! Mitsumune is annoying. So, so much. And I think his friend is just is his head. That conversartion of "do what I tell you to do, it always worked" was strange.

And Vomit-chan's story was really weird, she is hiding something of course. She probably killed the guy or let him to die as "monster" attacked.
taynisApr 16, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 16, 2016 12:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jack getting to go to the ''prison'' makes big sense since he tried to kill someone just now. Nyanta and Jigoku no Gouka have not killed anybody not did they show ANY signs for doing so.
Apr 16, 2016 12:50 PM
Jan 2016
hoping Jack doesn't die
Apr 16, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2015
Was that Yottsun floating dead in the end? Pretty funny scene with lovepon though lol

Apr 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Geez, so many damn annoying characters!!! kill them already!!! LOL XD
so in this episode we got to know about the undeground prison (which is interesting to me), 2 person's backstory (not really that interesting imo, but okay), and that Rap guy died *floating on the water...*(not tragic like Another in episode 3 but DAMN that is very interesting)

they were saying about bear, bear, bear, but i don't think that is really a bear. and i kind have a felling that Misaki is hiding something or another fact.

Lovepon.....*face palm* what happened in you past, ma dear girl *face palm*
i suprised AF when she drop him to the river and tried to kill him, but because of Men power, he saved himself LOL XD.

overall, this episode is A LITTLE BIT INTERESTING. i think there were some unnecesarry scene that need to get cut off from this episode but well, i don't really mind it. looking foward for the next episode. can't wait to see some terrifiying death...
Apr 16, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 2016
So if Valkana s a systems engineer then that would make him the oldest in the group, Lovepon is officially in hysteric mode, RIP Yottsun.
Apr 16, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Lots awkwardness in this episode. Not because they are people with problems, but because their behavior is problematic after coming to the village.
Apr 16, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Whoahoho said:
So if Valkana s a systems engineer then that would make him the oldest in the group.

Excluding the bus driver (?), the oldest one in the group is Soy Latte, who's 29 years old.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-29/mayoiga-the-lost-village-original-anime-streams-promo-adds-20-new-characters/.100346
Apr 16, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
ExoticBankai said:

You like characters that shout allot and are angry all the time then.
Apr 16, 2016 1:36 PM

May 2015
Some of these characters are crazy as fuck, like Lovepon. All the more reason I want a little background story on these characters. But damn, I still love her. So looks like rapper guy is dead. Can't say I feel sad. That guy was fucking lame to begin with. So long, stupid.

Apr 16, 2016 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
God this is horrible, they just get crazy for absolutely no reason and then start to kill themselves without the proper mood being installed in the series. When I talk about the right mood/preparation for a plot like this, just look at the end of Monster, when

This is looking like a bad version of The Shining for silly teenagers
Apr 16, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Crashmatt said:
ExoticBankai said:

You like characters that shout allot and are angry all the time then.

Kind off yeah, at least he is not a classic boring cliche like the main character, so yeah i enjoy him^^
Apr 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
This show is bad, I'm not sure if some of the idiocy of the characters is intentional, or simply bad writing. I'm going to reduce the ratings of this show if it gets any worse, if I hits 1, I'm dropping it.
Apr 16, 2016 2:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yuuup. The black guy died first.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 16, 2016 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
It's nice to see some of the character's backstories which led them to want to come to the village. The group will be even more suspicious of Misaki now that Yottsun's body has turned up.
Apr 16, 2016 3:11 PM
Nov 2015
Smudy said:
Now i just don't get any of the hate. This was the best episode.

Valkana and Jack got spotlight (their moments were insane btw), Lovepon goes insane. Maimai seems to really like Mitsumune.

Also things get pretty mysterious, the driver is still there, seemingly calmed down. And Yottsun dead in the river (probably dead)

If people want to hate this show for no reason other than being dumb, then that's fine by me, pretty much an 8 for me atm.

Totally agreeing with you there.
Apr 16, 2016 3:15 PM
Nov 2015
Celes52 said:
It's nice to see some of the character's backstories which led them to want to come to the village. The group will be even more suspicious of Misaki now that Yottsun's body has turned up.

Yeah, after the Mitsumune seeing the creature's eye, Lovepon going psycho and Yottsun's body showing up in the lake, there's gonna be a hell lot of drama next episode.
Apr 16, 2016 3:27 PM
Dec 2015
A lot of the characters drive me insane, but I really like Lion, Jack, and Lovepon just cause they're so mysterious x3
Apr 16, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2015
its starting to pick up and im enjoying it so far. I was afraid that all the characters would blend into each other, particularly the girls, but im glad to see each person get their own personality. Excited to see what happens next!
Apr 16, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
Serty said:
Was that Yottsun floating dead in the end? Pretty funny scene with lovepon though lol

the next episode is literally called Yottsun's Drowning, sounds like he'll be fine
Apr 16, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2011
Really liking Maimai despite previous episode... and Lovepon is our resident crazy chick. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2007
A shame there was no cleaver around or Jack could have gone full Higurashi but hell, Lovepon is pretty much full batshit already.

And our MC, getting all horny when a girl is trying to drown him. It is baffling, hilarious and borderline idiotic, too. Topped off by the rapper's guy just floating downstream.

I also love how they wander off on their own, at times at night, even after a person has already disappeared *and* they know something dangerous is indeed lurking in the woods. It is obviously not a bear but even if it was, no-one would just casually wander about that village under these circumstances. Then again these people deserve a collective Darwin Award, Yottsun already had his.

By the way, are the credits evolving? I've been skipping the OP and ED but this seems like the kind of series that adds little changes along the way to match what is going on.
Apr 16, 2016 5:08 PM

Aug 2014
So its basically roughly 30 absolutely terrible and selfish people living together in a town.

Granted a few don't seem that bad so far and while Jack responded with violence the guy who was shouting at him was being a total wanker, most people were quick to continue treating him like shit apart from Mitsumune.

I mean come on, how can you quickly turn towards wanting to murder him because of something he did a year ago.

Right now I just want the majority of them to die because based on what I've seen so far is that they are selfish scum
Get your shit straight Brenda
Apr 16, 2016 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
Lovepon is wayyyy to interested in the art of punishment, wonder if something happened to make her this way since she's clearly off her rocker.

Misaki is starting to appear more than what she seems to be

Valkana, poor guy and Sasaki too.

And I feel awful for finding the rapper guys body just floating down the stream at the end amusing...eh didn't like him much anyway.

So now things are picking up, won't be long before everyone is trying to kill each other...(cough)
Apr 16, 2016 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
So many people just losing it, even at the smallest of things like cooking.
Apr 16, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
I'm interested in the mystery but a lot of these characters are irritating me. Lovepon and that other character who keeps freaking out (Yuuna or something) need to shut up for five seconds. And the couple.
Apr 16, 2016 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Walowizard said:
So its basically roughly 30 absolutely terrible and selfish people living together in a town.

Granted a few don't seem that bad so far and while Jack responded with violence the guy who was shouting at him was being a total wanker, most people were quick to continue treating him like shit apart from Mitsumune.

I mean come on, how can you quickly turn towards wanting to murder him because of something he did a year ago.

Right now I just want the majority of them to die because based on what I've seen so far is that they are selfish scum

29 now as weird rapper guy is dead. Wanting to kill Jack, as he's a murderer, makes sense in the context of the show. The over the top reactions are irritating though. Every time there's an argument I just want to yell shut up, but I can't because it's 2am and it'd probably freak out my flatmates. At least we can assume that most of the characters are going to die, based on the large cast.
Apr 16, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
hmmm according to the wiki Lovepon has a rocky relationship with her daddy

Not much is known about Lovepon's background… she is trying to protect her identity and has a bad relationship with her father.

methinks there's a very nasty reason incoming as explanation for her insanity.
removed-userApr 16, 2016 6:05 PM
Apr 16, 2016 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
Yottsun ;_;

Xalren said:
These type of shows are great if you treat them as comedies.

I'm pretty sure even the staff is aware of it lol.
Apr 16, 2016 6:17 PM

Nov 2008
ohhhhhh this is going places now. This episode was actually pretty darn fun.
Apr 16, 2016 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Just updated the status of this show

removed-userApr 16, 2016 6:34 PM
Apr 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2013
3 episodes in and I still seriously can't tell the difference between watching this show and reading any MAL thread
Apr 16, 2016 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Lovepan 0_______0
Apr 16, 2016 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
What a bunch of crazy people.
Apr 16, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2015
The thing that surprises me the most is that there's anyone taking this seriously from the start. Seriously, just sit back and enjoy an absolute trainwreck unfold. Of course everyone is overreacting and insane. That just adds to everything.
Apr 16, 2016 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
lmao what even is this show
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Apr 16, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2015
This is really shaping up to be "Bad horror film - The anime". And you know what? I can see myself love it just for that fact.
Apr 16, 2016 7:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This series so far is just like watching "tabloid tv" in the ilk of Jerry Springer, Geraldo Rivera, etc. It's full of characters with personalities outside the mainstream that are confined into a tight environment (just like a tv studio set) and then let loose to self destruct in front of your eyes. Works on television and will work here too. So as someone so aptly suggested:

wizardofahhzz said:
The thing that surprises me the most is that there's anyone taking this seriously from the start. Seriously, just sit back and enjoy an absolute trainwreck unfold. Of course everyone is overreacting and insane. That just adds to everything.

Great advice!
Apr 16, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Definitely a great anime. I love the mystery behind everything that is happening.
Half of them are crazy xD That girl wants to execute everybody haha.
What about the vegetable garden?As that girl said, it seems that someone was taking care of them yesterday and now they are gone...
The mistery of this anime is getting me crazy xD but i'm loving it.
Yottsun in the end...damn i doubt he drowned.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.