Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 2, 2016 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, that was kinda strange. It takes place in the real life with the protagonists at first in a normal environment and Shun seemingly having a normal life. Until of course, he gets transported into this other world.

I feel kinda underwhelmed by the first episode. It's not bad but just feels kinda uninteresting. Although by storytelling standards, Emilio has more control of his powers. Wish we knew more about him but I guess we'll find out for rest of the season. It has 24 episodes (2 cour) so plenty to develop...

Stark700Apr 2, 2016 12:36 PM
Apr 2, 2016 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
Well no wonder he like crystal. Her parents are an archeologist
Somehow, it feel cliched about Emilio. The former Prince that become an assassin. Not pro assassin, though. Just for revenge.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 2, 2016 12:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was decent. The two mains are alright so far, their backgrounds got explained quite well.

Seems like it's fantasy, i dig it.
Apr 2, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2014
Strange adventure fantasy. Feels a bit rushed.

Emilio switched from adoring his father to being hell bent on revenge just from hearing some maid gossip? I find that hard to believe.
Apr 2, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
It was alright, the two mains looks pretty generic, and the production is average.
i'm in for this trip.

the female and her pet is annoying so far
Apr 2, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
well i wouldn't say this is very original, but it's nice enought to get curious about next week
Apr 2, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
The plot and the shonen tag, makes me want to avoid it.
#CHEXIT
Apr 2, 2016 1:36 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Too much happened in one episode. The pacing is a little too fast, especially for a two-cour series. It's pretty generic too. Lol, that purple-haired prince tried to lay a Macbeth move (and failed)

3/5
Apr 2, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
It was a decent start.

The two main male characters are alright!
Apr 2, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2009
Oh jeez... I was dragging through the first 10 mins... cannot stand it. Feels like a crabby mix of God Eater x Guilty Crown x Zetsuen no Tempest (maybe). And the OP showed a fluff animal.

No way.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 2, 2016 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
Bad music, poor animation. Another show where everything is half-assed because it's meant for little kids.
Apr 2, 2016 2:13 PM

May 2009
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Too much happened in one episode. The pacing is a little too fast, especially for a two-cour series. It's pretty generic too. Lol, that purple-haired prince tried to lay a Macbeth move (and failed)

3/5

I find it so lame that such "revenge" seekers will kill the guards like that's what they're made for and when it comes to the actual effin person, you open your bloody mouth before you intend to kill. What the hell kinda intention is that? Poor guards, they're human too. So irresponsible, so idiotic, so utterly ludicrously stupid.

People who want to kill will kill. That's the whole point of stealth and the intention to kill. Dumb kid. He should die. Such MCs should die within the first 5 mins of series.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 2, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty meh Episode.

Like it's not really bad but it's not very good either.
The animation seems pretty decent as well with some of the OST.

The bad thing about it is that I find the MC kind of an idiot, I am quite interested in Emilio of course seems he has somethings that would keep me going I guess.
Apr 2, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
Love the OP. Nothing especially stood out but will see how this one goes.
Apr 2, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked the first episode, I feel like it could have been developed a bit more but it seems promising
Apr 2, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
I don't want to write it off yet but something felt off this first episode. I can't really grasp what it is and why it throws me off but it's there.

Still I won't be impatient since this is a 2 cour show. Judging it like that when it's only 1/24 in would be too harsh from me so I'll wait.
Apr 2, 2016 2:34 PM
Jun 2011
not bad but not so good it had decent start. since it 2 cour lets see if it will keep be this rushed or they will slow the pace
Apr 2, 2016 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
Everything about this felt average. It wasn't a bad start, but I'm not hyped up for the next episode. It has a good chance to get better though.
Apr 2, 2016 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Average so far. We'll see how this one goes but I do feel they are winging it a bit because it's 2 cour without and it doesn't seem anything special.
Apr 2, 2016 2:59 PM
Sep 2015
I could barely watch the entirety of the episode. Plot seems pretty generic and I don't like the main character's personality or lack of intelligence. From the looks of the OP and ED of the first cour, the first season seems to be just strengthening of the two main characters' bonds.

I bet the ending will cause them to clash in some cliche battle because of a misunderstanding or difference in morals; either that or it's a rescue story.

I hate the fact that they only have the real world setting to establish his family's fascination with stones/minerals/crystals, although it'll probably be the main theme throughout the story.

Not my cup of tea. Probably going to drop this one.
Apr 2, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2014
Annuvin said:

the whole setup of this show screamed 'Comet Lucifer'. Utterly mediocre.

MC is basically the same character as Comet Lucifer's
Apr 2, 2016 3:14 PM

Mar 2013
Eh, alright first episode but luckily it didn't make me bored at all. Purple haired boy seems like my type.
Apr 2, 2016 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah dry stuff, I wasn't bored during the episode, but its nothing we haven't seen so far.

Still I like those types of shows, I'll stick around a little more and yeah we'll see.
Apr 2, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2015
I only watched this anime because it was anime original. The first episode was kind bland but i will give it the benefit of the doubt and give it some more episodes. It has potential but they need to do some stuff with the fantasy world. There also some cliche moments but it wasnt bad. Even if this show is good there are others that are likely to overshadow it
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 2, 2016 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Annuvin said:
The lion-human hybrid thing made me think of Digimon, pretty sure there was one looking just like that.
That aside, the whole setup of this show screamed 'Comet Lucifer'. Utterly mediocre.

wow same
ever since i started watching, i felt this 'comet lucifer' vibe..
if this anime doesn't get interesting soon i'll prob drop it
Apr 2, 2016 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
Well that was...fine? It has potential to become something memorable imo
Apr 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Jul 2015
Those guys have quite cool voids.

Apr 2, 2016 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty random start, even Leomon appeared lol

Apr 2, 2016 4:36 PM
Feb 2016
Well, first episode wasn't bad but not what I was expecting either. I'll keep watching for now because I believe it has some potential to become better, hope I'm right
Apr 2, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
and people will watch this bland piece of nothingness over a nice backlog show just because it's new. gotta watch that new season hurr durr

I'll pass on this.
My ride ends here.
Apr 2, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
PericlesD said:
This was a pretty random start, even Leomon appeared lol

Leomon with power of Wolverine lol
Apr 2, 2016 5:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This felt like some old school adventure (well the PV already gave off that vibe). Reminds me of Arata Kangatari. Even the OP song and bgm have the type of old school feel. Not a bad thing, but the characters aren't very interesting so far. Their character designs are bothering me, even though I didn't take much notice when it was first announced. THOSE UGLY RED SOCKS. Shun is a walking fashion disaster. Emilio's semi-midriff top is always really odd to look at. Sorry Rurouni Kenshin mangaka...not sure what you were thinking :/

It is just the first episode though, and it got 24 episodes despite being an original. I'll give it a few more episodes.
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 PM

Mar 2009
This was incredibly dull. When's the last time Brains Base made a good show?
Apr 2, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2016
I normally hate fantasy anime, but I can see this one has potential. The first episode is quite a few things thrown at you at once, but it's decent. It's sort of a mixture of like... SAO and No.6. That's the feel I got from it. I know it'll be better than SAO.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Apr 2, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
NaturalPerm said:
and people will watch this bland piece of nothingness over a nice backlog show just because it's new. gotta watch that new season hurr durr
Yeah,sad truth about anime community...Most of the people here wouldnt even watch the PV of this if it was an old anime...Just watching stuff because it is "Airing" is a weird thing...
Apr 2, 2016 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah not sure about this one lol
Apr 2, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2010
I am really surprised that I didn't drop this first episode during the first 9 minutes which were basically about nothing. Well it was introduction of MC but the more he got introduced the less I liked him.

Then again the first 9 minutes are about nothing and then suddenly we have "transported to fantasy world" storyline.

Second part wasn't that bad but it definitely wasn't anything great either. Like the fight between the prince and the king was basically first some spear swings till eventually just sound effects while seeing the faces of characters. What is the purpose of fantasy setting and characters fighting when those fights are poorly made.

Still it wasn't complete tragedy and there was that one moment in which MC goes...

"MY EXCALIBUR GIVE ME STRENGTH" - and yep I laughed at this one.

Most likely I will not watch the next episode although who knows I might watch it. For now though let's add it to watching list with 5 score.
Apr 2, 2016 6:20 PM

Mar 2013
This was pretty garbage. Well ok it wasn't that bad... but literally not one single thing about this makes me want to keep watching.
Apr 2, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
It wasn't that bad. Couldve been way worse. Will stick with it for now. OP & ED were meh tho.
Apr 2, 2016 6:30 PM

Apr 2015
Not my cup of tea lol.
Apr 2, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2014
OP singer was terribly off key..

but scenery from when the portal opened definitely didnt match where the portal spit red MC out...

anyway, overall this looks really gay; nonhuman characters look awful; no hint of direction where this is going or what its about.
Apr 2, 2016 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Well ... this looks like its gonna be a bunch of bromance. Was funny the MC has a crystal obsession tho.

and that dad. No emotion even when the crystal was gone lel
removed-userApr 2, 2016 6:51 PM
Apr 2, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2015
It was alright, didn't really get me excited for what potential this show has, but it was watchable. I'll give it a few more episodes to see how it goes.

Apr 2, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Please dont be another comet lucifer. The rock shit still scares me.

Wtf is with the main character dude, this guy straight up has a crystal fetish. Who the hell sketches crystals while in class
Apr 2, 2016 7:28 PM

Oct 2014
Why is this getting more hate than Mayoiga? Mayoiga had a cool scene the rest was crap, this was decent through all the episode.

We still don't know anything about this new world but I liked this beginning, it might become a great adventure. The characters aren't overly generic which is always a plus.
Apr 2, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
Not very exciting, but honestly didn't think it was that bad. I wasn't expected to be wowed by this anime in the first place anyway. I think the first episode did it's job.
Apr 2, 2016 7:42 PM
Sep 2014
Crazy spiky hairstyle protagonist cliche? Check
"Transportation to other world cliche"? Check
Protagonist getting "OP OMG MINDBLOWING" special weapon cliche? Check
Protagonist's weapon is a sword cliché? Check
Fantasy in the other world cliché? Check
Main protagonist's "color" has to deal with fire and red cliché? Check

And finally...
Retarded people(Real world) "shipping" a male and a male cliché in anime? Check

Fucking garbage shitty anime, I hate it when females say stuff like "LOL I SHIP -MAIN PROTAGONIST- AND -MAIN PROTAGONIST'S FRIEND- LOL IM SO FUNNY" fucking terrible...

Not to mention the artstyle like the eye gap between the characters are so fucking bad and the bright colors are even more worse, not to mention the setting is in the future so it actually becomes boring to you when theirs a bunch of random holographic stuff that makes no sense which leaves you bored of the detail.

I'm going to give a guess and say in the next episode main protagonist will say where he's from and how he got their touching the crystal, blah blah we skip to the almost end, a big bad guy shows up, main protagonist's friends that he made will say something like "I believe in you!" or "Don't give up!" and main character will stab the bad guy with a loud "REEEUUUUUGUGHHHHHHHHHH" mad scream.
InahoKaizukaApr 2, 2016 7:45 PM
Apr 2, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
I already love this and this is not confusing at all don't understand why people said it.
Apr 2, 2016 9:06 PM

Feb 2015
If I had to use a word to describe my first impression of this, it'd be mundane. The two main guys seem pretty bland and very cliche in character type. The side character and antagonist are very cookie cutter as well. The story so far is nothing special or too creative and the art is very meh. Coupled with the "Shounen & Fantasy" tag makes me nervous to watch this, but what the hell. I'll not use my better judgement.
Apr 2, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2013
2 male mc seems like a very good premise. Naruto, HxH, Fullmetal Alchemist and many succesfull one has this criteria. Hoping this one can be one of the better anime later in the series. Promising start btw.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endride Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

39 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

20 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

41 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

20 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Dec 25, 2022 8:06 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

53 by PhoenixEvolver »»
Aug 18, 2022 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.