Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 26, 2016 11:24 PM

Apr 2015
....the ending..... WTF

Not played the game yet but can I have a happier ending than this? It's breaking my heart.
#CHEXIT
Mar 26, 2016 11:59 PM

Jul 2007
Imeon said:
....the ending..... WTF

Not played the game yet but can I have a happier ending than this? It's breaking my heart.

Nope the ending is 100% identical to the game.

Well actually, the ending here is somewhat happier, since
Mar 27, 2016 12:20 AM

Apr 2015
Fai said:

So she still never knew then... so sad.
#CHEXIT
Mar 27, 2016 1:00 AM

Sep 2013
Fai said:
Imeon said:
....the ending..... WTF

What???? Wow I wanna see the Kuon Real Power
Mar 27, 2016 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
desertkona said:
Fai said:

Its basically what you saw last episode but

There's 99% chance she will be fighting against Yamato next season.
Mar 27, 2016 1:09 AM

Sep 2013
Fai said:
desertkona said:

Its basically what you saw last episode but

There's 99% chance she will be fighting against Yamato next season.

And some people says Hakuoro from Season 1 will be back again, so the next game will be Haku x Hakuoro, or I must say Oshutoru x Hakuoro
Mar 27, 2016 1:24 AM
Dec 2015
The way it ended... The way it started... I am just speechless to be honest this is currently my favorite animee at the moment. 11/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
As someone who has never played either VN, I really enjoyed this season. I still think the first season was a tad bit better, but this season left me satisfied and wanting to know what will happen next. Lots of character development, great story and very likeable characters!

I really think that Haku's decision to leave Kuon in the dark was sad, but I understand why he made that choice. Kuon crying at the end with whom I assume is Oboro, had me in tears!

Hopefully we get a S3 in less than nine years as I really want to see the conclusion of this story. I hope that we get to see Tuskuru wipe Yamato out, Kuon get revenge for Haku's supposed death, and that we finally get to see more of the Tuskuru side and the return of Hakuoro!

Overall I gave this an 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 27, 2016 3:32 AM
Jan 2016
Kougeru said:

Where did you see that? Only the Chains and Nekone (Best girl) know about him, from the episode I watched.

yeah you are right, i miss that first time, after second view, i see i miss it.
Mar 27, 2016 3:36 AM
Jan 2016
Fai said:

Only twins and Nekone know. And Nekone is in questionable state of mind.

Yes you are right about that, but though he looks the same. He is unable to cut the mountain or more impressive the ground with his kantana. So, eventually he will be out. What about vurai mask, why did they not take it after he was killed.
Mar 27, 2016 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
What crap season, this entry was so clearly a set up season which already dissapoints me but then they went and decided to end one of the only good characters ? Seriously guys ?! This season will probably looked back upon better with an S3 but on its own it really fails to support its own story.

Oh well, each their own.
At least this episode was on its own very well done and a great way to end the show hopefully leading to a sequel. However, in my opinion even with the greatness of this episode it just doest save it from being avarage..
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 27, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
Damn. That was a powerful ending. Haku is now Oshutoru.
Mar 27, 2016 5:16 AM

Dec 2010
animefan8800 said:
Oh wow, so they really left Kuon in the dark? That's....hilariously shitty. XD That might actually be the worst thing this show did, which is saying something. Haku shoulda told dying Oshutoru, which I felt nothing for btw, to fuck off and shacked up with Kuon! XD Anyway much like Heavy Object I liked the early episodes quite a bit.

Then came the long awaited real plot, which was trash. It was so bad at one point I was actively rooting AGAINST the protagonists, and of course more hilariously out of place fujoshi scenes and drunken partying occurred.

It's amazing how your thoughts echoed my own. Like you, I enjoyed the SOL aspects, and feel that the show took a dump when it started the war and conflict second half. Not because I dislike conflict, but because the war aspect of this show is so stupidly done.

The ending is another example; impersonating someone successfully is ridiculously hard. Not only must you look and sound like the person; you must adopt his mannerisms, his way of speech, his combat style and prowess. Haku's cover would be blown the first time he lifts a weapon or rides a mount. Its twice as hard to pretend to be someone else in front of someone who knows you very well, like all the friends he's been living with in the past few months or so. I find it hard to believe no one suspected the ruse.

Even assuming he manages to become Oshutoru ver2 by the power of magic... ok, so what's the plan? To use Oshutoru's name to start a revolution against the other Pillar Generals? This plan is stupid beyong belief.

Even if there was some deep plan that is not revealed to the viewers, this really sucks as an ending. It's the worst kind of cliffhanger. The only people who could possibly appreciate the direction this show has taken are those who enjoy mindless action and violence, because again, its stupid.

It's a pity; I loved the first season and badly wanted to love this season as well. The horrible writing killed it.
Mar 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2015
This series just does not like happy endings. I was hoping for Haku to still be alive somehow. But then it's revealed he is, but Oshutoru isn't? Well.. not l-like that! :(

I enjoyed the comedy part of the anime. The characters were nice too. Though I wish the one's from season 1 had more screen time. But it was nice seeing them again anyhow.

Season 3 please!

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Mar 27, 2016 6:40 AM
Oct 2015
Ashix said:
This series just does not like happy endings. I was hoping for Haku to still be alive somehow. But then it's revealed he is, but Oshutoru isn't? Well.. not l-like that! :(

I enjoyed the comedy part of the anime. The characters were nice too. Though I wish the one's from season 1 had more screen time. But it was nice seeing them again anyhow.

Season 3 please!

Errrr, "Haku" is still alive. It's just that he cast that name away and assumed the identity of Oshutoru. Did you like watch the episode?
Mar 27, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2015
LeanMeanMachine said:
Ashix said:

Season 3 please!

Errrr, "Haku" is still alive. It's just that he cast that name away and assumed the identity of Oshutoru. Did you like watch the episode?

I don't think you fully read my comment there. On the sentence right after that I said that he was, but Oshutoru wasn't.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Mar 27, 2016 6:49 AM
Oct 2015
Ashix said:
LeanMeanMachine said:

I don't think you fully read my comment there. On the sentence right after that I said that he was, but Oshutoru wasn't.

Oupss. Missed that part. My bad.
Mar 27, 2016 6:49 AM
Jan 2014
awwww!! Why you let Kuon cry!

Well Eruru and Kuon had their sad fate. Maybe its in their blood.
Kuon best waifu!!
Mar 27, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2013
Considering I've not yet played the VN, nor watched the first season. I'd like to ask a few questions for those in the know:

1.) Thus far the show has been following the VNs storyline perfectly right? I'm talking about the overarching storyline and not whether certain scenes or characters parts were added/skipped/edited in a huge fashion.

2.) The first part of the trilogy was set 20 years before this middle section, and the VN for the next season has yet to come out? I'd like to know because I'm wondering if I could read up on the next part of the trilogy somewhere already.

3.) Given how Kuon's country and Yamato are against one another, and yet Kuon is currently taking care of Yamato's princess and Haku/Oshitoru is currently rallying Yamato's citizens under her banner instead of Yamato's, does this indicate a civil war occurring within Yamato, whereby Kuon's country will be hacking the Princess? Or are Yamato and Kuon's country eternal enemies where they shall fight to the death regardless? I just don't see Haku and Kuon actually going up against one another. Is there anything out there currently that could confirm my hypothesis?

Thanks in advance to those in the know. I wasn't really sold on this show at the beginning, but it's really grown on me somehow.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 6:56 AM
Oct 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
Considering I've not yet played the VN, nor watched the first season. I'd like to ask a few questions for those in the know:

1.) Thus far the show has been following the VNs storyline perfectly right? I'm talking about the overarching storyline and not whether certain scenes or characters parts were added/skipped/edited in a huge fashion.

2.) The first part of the trilogy was set 20 years before this middle section, and the VN for the next season has yet to come out? I'd like to know because I'm wondering if I could read up on the next part of the trilogy somewhere already.

3.) Given how Kuon's country and Yamato are against one another, and yet Kuon is currently taking care of Yamato's princess and Haku/Oshitoru is currently rallying Yamato's citizens under her banner instead of Yamato's, does this indicate a civil war occurring within Yamato, whereby Kuon's country will be hacking the Princess? Or are Yamato and Kuon's country eternal enemies where they shall fight to the death regardless? I just don't see Haku and Kuon actually going up against one another. Is there anything out there currently that could confirm my hypothesis?

Thanks in advance to those in the know. I wasn't really sold on this show at the beginning, but it's really grown on me somehow.

1) Yes, they are following the general story to a T. But when you get down to stuff like characterization, it's all over the place.

2) The third VN isn't released yet. It due to be out September of this year.

3) As the VN isn't out yet, I don't have anything solid on what's going to happen in the future between Tuskuru and Yamato. There's a CM that was released yesterday, and apparently a voice that is assumed to be Kuon's says that Tuskuru will send it's armies to Yamato, or something of that effect, but that could be to answer a call from help from somebody in Yamato.
Mar 27, 2016 6:56 AM

May 2009
Fuck, this was so good finale (only lacked nude Kuon murdering soldiers) but few previous episodes vere aggravatingly terrible. 6/10 but it's still too much.
Mar 27, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2011
Damn I would love to see that scene where Kuon goes berserk and kill Yamato's soldier due to Haku's death! Why did they have to cut the BEST part?
Mar 27, 2016 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Munechika IS STILL ALIVE!!! FUCK YES!!!!

Season 3 is a necessity. Haku (Oshtoru) goes and Teams up with Tsukuru and reclaims Yamato! Bring the best of both worlds together dammit!!!!

Haku leaving Kuon in the dark though...oof that is rough.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 2016 8:13 AM
Mar 2013
kuon will wipe that eight general most likely

OOT, i still have a big question or i miss this one, where/who/what is "Haku" name kuon give in first time?
Mar 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
the ost is just amazing and poor Kuon crying
Mar 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
OSHUTORUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is just so sad. 8/10 for me. One of my favourite anime from 2015 onwards. 2nd season hype is real.
Mar 27, 2016 8:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The amount of cancer in this thread is staggering lol
Mar 27, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2015
This series feels like a terrible prologue to what could be a fun series about war. Haku becoming a general is what I wanted to see from the very beginning - having it at the end is much too little, much too late.

I'm giving this series a 5/10 and that's being very generous.
Mar 27, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Sad it had to end that way. 7.5/10
Mar 27, 2016 11:43 AM
Jan 2016
Is there a problem for not watching the First Season? I watched only the second...
Mar 27, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2014
I had never heard about this series before this season. When I read its sinopse, though, I liked and found out there was a prequel from 2006 and went watch it beforehand.

For someone who watched the first Utawarerumono, but did not read the VN, Itsuwari no Kamen felt confusing. The initial episodes were fine as presentation of characters, but led me to believe this was a reboot. Then the fan service episodes came and I started believing it was centuries after the first and Haku was the reincarnation of Hakuoro (hell, I even thought the emperor was an old Oboro!). Then old characters appear (Karura, Touka, Aruru and Kamyu)... Still young... And my theories shift once again. But when I thought both stories were connecting, the emperor dies and the story takes a totally different path than what I was expecting, what was frustrating. The series ended in a way that I never expected them to, which I still don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, since I was finally building some expectations on the relationship between the emperor and Haku, but at the very least it was original.

This season felt rushed in some parts and slow at others, so the cliffhanger when the action was finally building up felt frustrating and the sudden "look momma, how strong I am" or "Imma firin ma lazor" episodes (rebellion in Yamato) were kinda out of place, but I still took interest in the series to the end, so I can't give it less than 7, but can't give it an 8 either for the quantity of mistakes it had, even though it had wonderful art and theme, nice soundtrack and voice actors, and some nice action shots.
Mar 27, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2014
deVacto said:

OOT, i still have a big question or i miss this one, where/who/what is "Haku" name kuon give in first time?

The protagonist of the first Utawarerumono (2006) was called Hakuoro, and looked very much alike Haku and Oshutoru, was human (with normal human ears and no tails), and used a mask. The depressing thing is that they don't seem to have any relation with one another. The emperor even shows Haku a video where Hakuoro is shown as an experiment on the masks (it seems Hakuoro has the one true mask and the most powerful).

Frg said:
Is there a problem for not watching the First Season? I watched only the second...

No problem as of yet, but you are missing some connections. Maybe these connections will be better worked in the next season (and hopefully it'll take less than 10 years!).
Mar 27, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
I feel bad for both Kuon and Haku.... demn what an ending.
Mar 27, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
L-Ryoshi said:

Yes.They took different paths to some of the things, sometimes forbetter, sometimes for worse, but overall its the same.

Next part "Two White Emperors" comes out in this september. Anime anouncement if it were to happen will happen in summer most likely.

Kuon is now back at Tuskuru. And she has no love for Yamato. It is made a bit more clear in VN where
, but ultimately the implication is the same - she blames Yamato for Haku's death and has power (as shown last episode) to make her anger reality.

The currently existing promo for the third game involves Kuon narrating about sending forces into Yamato and the visual is four masks going against what looks like

ma2ha3 said:
Fai said:

Only twins and Nekone know. And Nekone is in questionable state of mind.

Yes you are right about that, but though he looks the same. He is unable to cut the mountain or more impressive the ground with his kantana. So, eventually he will be out. What about vurai mask, why did they not take it after he was killed.

He shouldbe able to perform the same feats due to the mask.

amc9988 said:
Damn I would love to see that scene where Kuon goes berserk and kill Yamato's soldier due to Haku's death! Why did they have to cut the BEST part?

Because time constraints and they already did something similar last episode to compensate.

Ishikami said:

For someone who watched the first Utawarerumono, but did not read the VN, Itsuwari no Kamen felt confusing. The initial episodes were fine as presentation of characters, but led me to believe this was a reboot. Then the fan service episodes came and I started believing it was centuries after the first and Haku was the reincarnation of Hakuoro (hell, I even thought the emperor was an old Oboro!). Then old characters appear (Karura, Touka, Aruru and Kamyu)... Still young... And my theories shift once again. But when I thought both stories were connecting, the emperor dies and the story takes a totally different path than what I was expecting, what was frustrating. The series ended in a way that I never expected them to, which I still don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, since I was finally building some expectations on the relationship between the emperor and Haku, but at the very least it was original.

The character age was explained already in show - the non-human races live far longer than humans did. SO they age slower. Even then Aruru is clearly a lot more older.

And yeah it is made confusing since the first anime removed Kuon from epilogue. Judging by her age difference is the easiest way to define when the series takes place.

This season felt rushed in some parts and slow at others, so the cliffhanger when the action was finally building up felt frustrating and the sudden "look momma, how strong I am" or "Imma firin ma lazor" episodes (rebellion in Yamato) were kinda out of place, but I still took interest in the series to the end, so I can't give it less than 7, but can't give it an 8 either for the quantity of mistakes it had, even though it had wonderful art and theme, nice soundtrack and voice actors, and some nice action shots.

Actually it is far better paced thant he first series, which were REALLY rushed. The last part of Itsuwari is intended to be fast to show the frantic nature of all falling apart.

Ishikami said:
deVacto said:

The protagonist of the first Utawarerumono (2006) was called Hakuoro, and looked very much alike Haku and Oshutoru, was human (with normal human ears and no tails), and used a mask. The depressing thing is that they don't seem to have any relation with one another. The emperor even shows Haku a video where Hakuoro is shown as an experiment on the masks (it seems Hakuoro has the one true mask and the most powerful).

Errr...

No problem as of yet, but you are missing some connections. Maybe these connections will be better worked in the next season (and hopefully it'll take less than 10 years!).[/quote][/quote]
Incorrect? I mean the second half of this and the whole Tuskuru thing is very hard to comprehend without the first show.
AhenshihaelMar 27, 2016 12:07 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
Amazing last episode. 9/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
Paulo27 said:
>make bad show
>give it 11/10 ending episode

^

I could criticize various aspects of the anime during those 25 episodes, but it's been repeated over and over and over throughout the other threads so I will abstain from that. In general I found it decent-ish and the ending episode was a good way to close the season. What I REALLY liked in this episode was the part where Haku poured the sake on Oshutoru's grave, which was one of the first things Oshutoru showed Haku (and us) back in the first episodes. Thought it was a really nice thing to reminisce.

And I'm actually rooting for either a third season or a localization of the second and third games.
Mar 27, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2009
Now that I look back, what was the reason for Yamato to waged war against Tuskuru again? Am I missing something?
Mar 27, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, i'm in agreeance with all of the complementary opinions on this show. So many complainers. The execution of this episode was excellent and endings like this aren't done very often in anime. I enjoyed this a lot more than the original, though i wish i could have seen some more Karura action. What was she doing the whole time, lazing around whole shit was blowing up? The first half was just as good as the second half, though they accompanied very different genres.

Forgive my lack of better wording on why this was so good, but someone already pulled out all the words i could ever need:

Fai said:
And thus the unlucky man, drowned in the pits of despair, losing even his own name and identity to the circumstances and karma surrounding him

Oh man this was TOP NOTCH episode both stylistically and in terms of direction.

Haku's story is a tragic one. He started as man with no memories, noname and no identity and through luck and coincidence built his own family and life in Yamato. We saw him only want that normal life, not striving for anything out of ordinary, yet that normal life and even his own identity he built for himself are stripped of him now he is doomed to forever be the person he never was this greater than life general with thousands of soldiers lifes at stake. And nobody will even know his name. Because all of his deed and all of hardhsips will be attributed to a false face wearing a false mask, carrying out the will of Oshutoru and carrying out the will of his late brother. From now on he is Oshutoru. Haku is dead.

Kuon's realization of what supposedly happened to Haku is painful and so damn emotional for me. Especially themoment when she is looking at the fan and it sets in.

As Anju asked Kuon all the way back in episode 10 when Kuon told the second love story of man drowning in despair, "just how is this a love story?" - Kuon on only figured out how important haku was too late and with extent of destruction we saw her capable to do, you can bet she will put everything she has at stake to grind Yamato to dust now.

A lot of episode also brought back things that were used through the season - the pouring of sake on the grave, the scenes of Kuon meeting Oshutoru, the scenery of locations from first episode, serving as kind of book ends for this part of the story.

A lot of episode is framed as a silent kind of movie with only key moments having voices and music which makes those moments VERY strong. The visual representation of character emotions also is top notch.

Some of game scenes had to be cut but they had proper replacements within the show so that was no problem

This episode drew the lines between Yamato and Tuskuru - two factions led by masked white emperors(Haku Oro = White Emperor).Two countries entangled in the legacy of humanity. Now time to await for the third part of the story that concludes it all.

5/5 for the episode
8/10 for the show.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
shiroux said:
Now that I look back, what was the reason for Yamato to waged war against Tuskuru again? Am I missing something?

The emperor was researching a cure for the humans who were transformed into Tatari and he needed Hakuoro for that who's currently sealed in Tuskuru.
Mar 27, 2016 2:54 PM

Sep 2010
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Sure this was a great ending but this isn't the ending I wanted to see!

I wanted to see happy ending with Haku x Kuon, and generally I never wanted to see Haku get involved into at least kingdom/empire/war storyline but now he ended up right in the middle of it.

sob... sob...
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This ending is so evil!

(What's more my wish for Hakurou was never fulfilled.)

What's more this is "see you next season that might never happen" kind of ending which is the worst ending of all.

Now that I finished the series... despite the great characters the series has with Haku being the highest tier of character it gets in anime... the series does have many flaws and with this see you next season ending, the BL fillers won't be the biggest flaw of it.

Ah, when the season started and I watched the first episode I immediately came to like this setting and jumped back to watch the season one in one go. S01 was great and seeing the great first episodes (before Captial) I had really high expectations for this show... I survived through BL fillers as I can stand the flaws of great shows but now this... wawawa... .

I generally like 'ultimate sacrefice' endings but not for Haku. The way Haku character developed gave me an impression that in the end this guy will definitely survive and have a happy life and definitely not this. Also Haku is not fit for this role and it really feels out of place for him to suddenly do so but I guess I can take it. It's still not the ending I wanted.

(I wonder if this was some kind of true route in VN while there are some heroine routes as well? If so I would prefer a different route)

Overall if there will be no third season that will continue this development and see it to the end, the series will be rather disappointing. At the very least it's definitely worse (In my opinion) than S01, which also didn't have that good of an ending but at the very least show was saying that this whole deal will end terribly from the beginning.

But really this ending.

They killed Oshtoru, Haku has to change himself and do what he definitely doesn't want to do and Kuon is crying out her tears. ... such a nice treatment for my three favorite characters for whom I was watching this show (those three + Tuskuru guys. At least Tuskuru is save)....
Mar 27, 2016 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
@eso18
I really doubt that they won't adapt the final game...That's just asking for a hanging!
Mar 27, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2012
In the end Haku did what he had doing from the very first episode...accepting an "order" to do something he most likely didn't want to.

Worse protagonist. In all 25 episodes he must have done something in his own accord twice or so.

This anime has more fillers than actual plot and development. No character really developed (maybe only the princess). Haku is still the same (but now he has some knowledge), Kuon, Nekone, Atui, Rurutie...none of them developed anything. They grew closer to each other, but we didn't need 20 episodes for that.

Atui and Rurutie were useless characters that were introduced only annoy and be an excuse to some more fillers.

The action was bad and mostly non existent.

The slice of life was boring and almost never had any significant event. The ones with any significance were the princess appearing and Kuon's parents showing. (although Karura and Touka were there just for the fanservice)

Basically no plot. 20 episodes to see something that looks like a plot is too much for an anime with 25 episodes.

4/10 is the best rate i can give to this anime. The only reason i kept going was because of the first Utawarerumono. This one was a train wreck

Fai said:
NaturalPerm said:
This was 20 episodes of useless filler content.

In this thread: Characterization and build up of contrast = Filler.

K.

Never change, MAL. Never ever change. Its all about explosions.

Tell me, what legitimate characterization you saw there that needed 20 episodes to happen?
I want you to explain that since none of the characters had any growth whatsoever.
KaeUBWMar 27, 2016 3:27 PM
I despise woke people.
Mar 27, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2014
eso18 said:

What's more this is "see you next season that might never happen" kind of ending which is the worst ending of all.

I can agree on this with you, Usami Haru. It stopped the plot midway with a cliffhanger that might take another 10 years to have its conclusion delivered. Although I do not find the way it is going that bad. I could feel that now is where the real story starts, although that is a very cruel thing to do to Haku.

I thought he'd reveal he was the emperor's brother and that he'd use his royal blood as the reason he was given the kamunagi in chains and he'd be the regent emperor 'til Anjuu turned old enough. But oh well, how comically optimistic and silly I was. That'd be too easy and ordinary an ending for such a complicated story. There had to be more, and actually there is. I'm happy that there is, but sad that it'll take at least a year without knowing the conclusion, which was hinted to be epic.
Mar 27, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2008
I think the shows first half was perfectly fine as well. We had time to get to know every single character. Though i feared they will mess up the ending if they take too long with the "introduction".

The ending was perfect as wel.
At least that's what my mind says, though my heart has broken seeing Kuon..

eso18 said:

There is always hope.
Utawa was amongst my first shows, so i was super happy when they announced the continuation after all this time.
Mar 27, 2016 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
I never expected that Oshutoru would die after his battle. Now Haku carries him wish to protect the princess and find the guilty who tried to kill her. I feel bad for Kuon that like the others think Haku is really dead, but the true comes up on the next season which I want to see as sooner as possible! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2016 6:33 PM

Sep 2013
i guess its time to play the waiting game since i dont read japaness i camt get the next game when it comes out but overall loved this season
Mar 27, 2016 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
People are calling this sequel??? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well it was ok if I look it in the other way. Anyway nice wrap up, and how the hell is this a sequel. Gahhh... I just got to get this out of my mind.
Mar 28, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2016
The feels.. and poor Kuon.... my OTP in the series was Kuon x Haku from the start.

I wish someone would have told her... Bad form on Haku for not manning up enough to tell her in private after the "performance"/"entrance" (in front of the crowd). I know Kuon is smart enough to help keep the secret.

Also... I do hope there is another season.... soon.
Mar 28, 2016 12:51 AM

Jul 2007
alinet86 said:
Well it was ok if I look it in the other way. Anyway nice wrap up, and how the hell is this a sequel. Gahhh... I just got to get this out of my mind.

Kuon was in UTWR1's ending when we saw her mother's grave and this is set 15-20 years after UTWR1, not to mention that Emperor was after the tomb from UTWr1 finale in Tuskuru and the war between Tuskuru and Yamato is escalating, so yes is a sequel.
Mar 28, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
alinet86 said:

Kuon was in UTWR1's ending when we saw her mother's grave and this is set 15-20 years after UTWR1, not to mention that Emperor was after the tomb from UTWr1 finale in Tuskuru and the war between Tuskuru and Yamato is escalating, so yes is a sequel.

Errr... Is that from the VN. Well thing is that most disappointing me in this anime is the connection between UTWR1 and this ''False Mask'' seems shallow. Even if you don't watch the 1st and watch this there's nothing that will felt left out. This more like a standalone ver. So that's why I'm angry that this is a sequel.
I was expecting more connection to UTWR1.

Btw did you play the VN. I was wondering how the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in the VN. Also what do you think of the relationship between Ku'On and Haku in this anime. I sincerely thought that both of them treat each others like friend and the last scene when she's crying seems a little force.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

96 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.