3It was OK
11.0%
2Disliked it
8.1%
1Hated it
8.4%
Average 4.0
335 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I thought the finale was a decent way to wrap up the show.

Quite a bit of farewell for Hakuoro though..going to miss him.
I think overall, the show was decent, wasn't too much into the first half because of the oddball comedy but the storytelling in the second half improved. I'm also impressed by a lot of the action in this show too especially in the last few episodes. 6.5/10. The show was fine.

Mar 26, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
>make bad show
>give it 11/10 ending episode

Take your 5/10 and go fuck yourself.

Can't even tell if I'll be mad or happy if the sequel is as good as this.
Mar 26, 2016 10:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I thought the finale was a decent way to wrap up the show.

Quite a bit of farewell for Hakuoro though..going to miss him.
I think overall, the show was decent, wasn't too much into the first half because of the oddball comedy but the storytelling in the second half improved. I'm also impressed by a lot of the action in this show too especially in the last few episodes. 6.5/10. The show was fine.

Damn.....Only a 6.5? This series is at least a 7 imo
Mar 26, 2016 10:40 AM
May 2010
The last episode was pretty well adapted, now the wait till september continues...
Poor Nekone, I still think it was handled better in the game but in a way it made it look like it was Nekone's fault.

Also lol Mozunu... 3sec of screentime, he really got the short end of the stick in the anime.

8/10
Mar 26, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2012
I'm really hoping for season 3. I love the pace of the series. 8/10 personally for me.
Mar 26, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow, so they really left Kuon in the dark? That's....hilariously shitty. XD That might actually be the worst thing this show did, which is saying something. Haku shoulda told dying Oshutoru, which I felt nothing for btw, to fuck off and shacked up with Kuon! XD Anyway much like Heavy Object I liked the early episodes quite a bit. Even the 10,000 bath scenes...not so much the 10,000 fujoshi scenes though. XD Then came the long awaited real plot, which was trash. It was so bad at one point I was actively rooting AGAINST the protagonists, and of course more hilariously out of place fujoshi scenes and drunken partying occurred. XD I finished this just to finish it. A very disappointing 5/10. Seems like there's hints of more to come, but I'll be having nothing to do with anything else from this franchise.

EDIT: Oh, and even if Kuon knew of Haku's self-sacrifice it was still shit. And what was with all those meandering, dialogue-less shots? Weren't working if they were trying to be moody. XD
animefan8800Mar 26, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
7.5/10. As much as I was disappointed with the show in general, the ending more than made up for it. The ending, Haku becoming Oshuteru is the only reason I even stuck this far. I love this kind of character development when the character is forced to take a burden. I need a season 3 so that Haku can develop and reunite with Kuon. It seems that Futari no Hakuoro is focused on Haku but perhaps Hakuoro might reawaken...I just wish it was more faithful to VN but this episode was great. It was emotional, got my feels and made me cry for both Haku and Kuon.
Mar 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
Nooooo... Ukon (Oshutoru)
It's really heartbreaking to see kuon cries in the end (with oboro there).

Really can't wait for the final game and maybe season 3.... Hoping for eruruu and hakuoro to comeback

9/10 for me... Great series, really enjoyable. I don't know why but only this anime that still survive from being dropped by me lol... though i didn't really understand the story before i watch the season 1
ryshinMar 26, 2016 11:20 AM

Mar 26, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
I believe the fans are too hype and loyal to the visual novel, always complain the anime this and that. VN may comes first but they didn't say anything about the anime comes from the VN itself, both VN and anime comes from the one who wrote it. There is no such thing as total adaption to every anime/light novel/VN.

For me who watched many different types of anime even include precure/aikatsu/pretty rhythm anything most people might not watch, Utawarerumono anime series are very good, even if maybe half of the anime no plot and only onsen scene.

We don't really get to watch this type/kind of anime often in years - large scale and lengthy, the beautiful arts, old time/era, the plots AND those NEKOMIMI =)

7/10 should be alright, if you think it is below 6/10 then i really can't imagine those op animes that goes through your radar. Every fans has their own preference of course.

Itsuwari no kamen 偽りの仮面~
valvravetruthMar 26, 2016 11:32 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
After this episode it pushed the score for at least a 6/10 for me. I had some issues with some episodes here and there. But the way how it ended became at least a 6/10 at most. There is a third game that is going to be released this year. So we can get a third season either this year or next year at least.
Mar 26, 2016 11:29 AM
Jan 2016
Season 3 should get a new director and new producer, hell they should get another studio to do it. Season 1 had almost no fan service, save for only a few scenes with Kuara and it did not distract from the pacing of the anime. What season 2 did was force lots of fan service and slice of life scenes down our gullets. This really should've been only 13 episodes long if they had continued the direction from Season 1. Score: 6/10 (those awkward scenes with partially naked men that make me wanna shudder in fear. xD)

I'll of course follow season 3 and if it redeems itself then I'll gladly pretend season 2 never existed just like how I Jedi-mind-tricked myself into believing Star Wars prequels never happened.
PetrolMar 26, 2016 11:35 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2010
never played utawaremono game. from what i could tell was this like a preuel to the original anime it seemed like it since Haku becomes Hakuoro cause he's got the fan like Hakuoro had in the original anime.
Mar 26, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
I don't get it, why does he leave everything behind him, why does he choose to take Oshuteru place, i mean i get that, what i don't get is why would he choose that over is friend, the whole show show that haku is only caring about his friend/family, to me it make absolutely no sense that he would become Oshuteru leaving everyone behind, that's totally not the character he was presented to be t'ill now...
Mar 26, 2016 11:35 AM
Mar 2015
I didnt play the VN, somehow the anime ending might open new story for next season
Well, my ship didnt work well, poor haku, he lied to kuon for being oshutoru

I guess, if they r going to make a sequel, surely im going to watch it...
7/10 from me
Mar 26, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2014
A sequel may come...
Was that Oboro?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 26, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed it. This was a pretty awesome end, but I feel bad for Kuon. So I hear they'll be a s3. I'll be definitely watching that.
Mar 26, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2008
I feel so so bad for Kuon! ;_;

I really liked the show at first but then it got ridiculously haremy/fanservicey but the ending was quite good so I don't even know what to rate it. Also, I really love the OST!

6/10, I suppose.
Mar 26, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
I'm impressed. The idea of MC taking place of Oshutoru and shouldering his role is great. There's just one major problem, it's completely undermined by how shitty this whole series was. It's laughable how they expect the viewers to believe that someone like Haku can take such responsibility and play the role well enough to fool anyone. The whole time he was just a lazy bum with barely any character development that never showed any signs of being fit for anything more than being a comic relief sidekick. Itsuwari was a waste of good ending, 24 episodes and worst of all, the title of Utawarerumono series.

On a side note, Kuon proves once again to be a bitch by dropping her father's keepsake and national treasure of the country she's the princess of (which she also betrayed to make things worse) because she's sad some twat is dead.

All in all, it was rather bad series in itself and it was disgustingly bad as something with Utwarerumono in the title. I hope someone will break fingers of writers and the director and toss them in some dark hole, so they won't be able to destroy any more titles like that. Even if these cretins won't work on the 3rd series (I really hope so) the damage to the title is done and I doubt it's possible to build anything of value without cutting all ties with it...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 26, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2015
ExoticBankai said:
I don't get it, why does he leave everything behind him, why does he choose to take Oshuteru place, i mean i get that, what i don't get is why would he choose that over is friend, the whole show show that haku is only caring about his friend/family, to me it make absolutely no sense that he would become Oshuteru leaving everyone behind, that's totally not the character he was presented to be t'ill now...

Idk but in the VN it makes more sense. Though I guess he was pressured to take the role as well. Oshuteru was his best buddy and he just entrusted the fate of the capital, which his brother was once emperor of, to him. And Nekone was there as well, watching her brother die as he asked Haku to protect her. Haku however reluctant is the type of person who will follow orders especially if its from Oshuteru, his best buddy and I suppose this show(or next season) is about him growing into a leader. And he followed Oshuteru's order and became him and now he must develop as a general. But that's just my opinion.
Mar 26, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2007
And thus the unlucky man, drowned in the pits of despair, losing even his own name and identity to the circumstances and karma surrounding him

Oh man this was TOP NOTCH episode both stylistically and in terms of direction.

Haku's story is a tragic one. He started as man with no memories, noname and no identity and through luck and coincidence built his own family and life in Yamato. We saw him only want that normal life, not striving for anything out of ordinary, yet that normal life and even his own identity he built for himself are stripped of him now he is doomed to forever be the person he never was this greater than life general with thousands of soldiers lifes at stake. And nobody will even know his name. Because all of his deed and all of hardhsips will be attributed to a false face wearing a false mask, carrying out the will of Oshutoru and carrying out the will of his late brother. From now on he is Oshutoru. Haku is dead.

Kuon's realization of what supposedly happened to Haku is painful and so damn emotional for me. Especially themoment when she is looking at the fan and it sets in.

As Anju asked Kuon all the way back in episode 10 when Kuon told the second love story of man drowning in despair, "just how is this a love story?" - Kuon on only figured out how important haku was too late and with extent of destruction we saw her capable to do, you can bet she will put everything she has at stake to grind Yamato to dust now.

A lot of episode also brought back things that were used through the season - the pouring of sake on the grave, the scenes of Kuon meeting Oshutoru, the scenery of locations from first episode, serving as kind of book ends for this part of the story.

A lot of episode is framed as a silent kind of movie with only key moments having voices and music which makes those moments VERY strong. The visual representation of character emotions also is top notch.

Some of game scenes had to be cut but they had proper replacements within the show so that was no problem

This episode drew the lines between Yamato and Tuskuru - two factions led by masked white emperors(Haku Oro = White Emperor).Two countries entangled in the legacy of humanity. Now time to await for the third part of the story that concludes it all.

5/5 for the episode
8/10 for the show.
AhenshihaelMar 26, 2016 12:01 PM
Mar 26, 2016 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
Feels...feels...feels.. ..Oshutoru is dead & Haku replaces him for the country...poor Kuon....damn, this shocked me....I won't be sleeping tonight peacefully ffs... 8/10 for whole series....( middle 13~16 episodes was kinda meh ) I want more of this...I can't wait another 9+ years for a sequel
Mar 26, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
I think this show may have had the most bland characters I've ever seen in anime. At least the original series had some okay characters. I'll just remember the terrible forced BL jokes...and that one really creepy, rapey scene with the clown magician man.
Mar 26, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
Petrol said:
Season 3 should get a new director and new producer, hell they should get another studio to do it. Season 1 had almost no fan service, save for only a few scenes with Kuara and it did not distract from the pacing of the anime. What season 2 did was force lots of fan service and slice of life scenes down our gullets. This really should've been only 13 episodes long if they had continued the direction from Season 1.

Except that without all the build up and without Haku forming his own life, the weight of what happened here would absolutely not be there.

UTWR1 could have easily been 52 episodes if it was properly adapted andnot rushed as hell.

(those awkward scenes with partially naked men that make me wanna shudder in fear. xD)

Nice homophobia

ExoticBankai said:

Haku himself explained it few episodes back - Oshutoru is the only one of the generals who is supported by people of Yamato and the only one capable of unifying the land. As Haku said back then - Oshutoru HAS to live. THe only way Haku can see the land to be unified is for that to be true. Even if Haku himself has to die.

And yeah the show showed he cares for his family - and now he has to abandon all of that and him himself, for a greater purpose, and dip his hands in responsibility of blood of thousands being at his fingertips.

Goukenslay said:
never played utawaremono game. from what i could tell was this like a preuel to the original anime it seemed like it since Haku becomes Hakuoro cause he's got the fan like Hakuoro had in the original anime.

No this is a sequel set 20 years after the first show/game -_-
Mar 26, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
Iritails said:
ExoticBankai said:

Idk but in the VN it makes more sense. Though I guess he was pressured to take the role as well. Oshuteru was his best buddy and he just entrusted the fate of the capital, which his brother was once emperor of, to him. And Nekone was there as well, watching her brother die as he asked Haku to protect her. Haku however reluctant is the type of person who will follow orders especially if its from Oshuteru, his best buddy and I suppose this show(or next season) is about him growing into a leader. And he followed Oshuteru's order and became him and now he must develop as a general. But that's just my opinion.

It make a bit more sense but i still think him leaving the others thinking is dead is not the character we where shown t'ill here.
Mar 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
RIP Oshutoru. This is a very good setup for season 3. Season 3 please come soon. Still waiting for return of Hakuoro.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
If only the rest of the series was any good.
Should've been a movie. This was 20 episodes of useless filler content.

5/10
Mar 26, 2016 12:08 PM

May 2015
nooooo kuon was crying >3<
hope theres a season three in the near future
Mar 26, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
NaturalPerm said:
This was 20 episodes of useless filler content.

In this thread: Characterization and build up of contrast = Filler.

K.

Never change, MAL. Never ever change. Its all about explosions.
Mar 26, 2016 12:12 PM

Feb 2012
QQ The OST and the feels mixed so well for this episode. I hope they don't leave it off just there and provide us a third season. Definitely need to pick up the VN now to see how it actually goes.
Mar 26, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2008

https://vndb.org/v18717

Judging from the visual, Futari no Hakuoro will still revolve around Yamato? Please,please,please, give us Tuskuru, Hakuoro, Eruruu already.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
Zapredon said:

https://vndb.org/v18717

Judging from the visual, Futari no Hakuoro will still revolve around Yamato? Please,please,please, give us Tuskuru, Hakuoro, Eruruu already.

We will most likely get a visual for Hakuoro side too...

I think half the game will be Haku half will be Hakuoro till the finale where both sides clash.
Mar 26, 2016 12:16 PM
Jan 2016
Fai said:
Petrol said:
Season 3 should get a new director and new producer, hell they should get another studio to do it. Season 1 had almost no fan service, save for only a few scenes with Kuara and it did not distract from the pacing of the anime. What season 2 did was force lots of fan service and slice of life scenes down our gullets. This really should've been only 13 episodes long if they had continued the direction from Season 1.

Except that without all the build up and without Haku forming his own life, the weight of what happened here would absolutely not be there.

UTWR1 could have easily been 52 episodes if it was properly adapted andnot rushed as hell.

(those awkward scenes with partially naked men that make me wanna shudder in fear. xD)

Nice homophobia

Look here little missy, S1 was just fine didn't feel rushed at all. S2 felt like I could sleep through the each episode and still have felt like I didn't miss much.

When I disparage gay people? you politically correct folks try to make a mountain out of a mole hill. laughable. xD
PetrolMar 26, 2016 12:19 PM
Mar 26, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
NaturalPerm said:
This was 20 episodes of useless filler content.

In this thread: Characterization and build up of contrast = Filler.

K.

Never change, MAL. Never ever change. Its all about explosions.

Yeah man those whole episodes about some Kemonomimi girls gushing over yaoi doujinshi really helped to flesh out the characters.
Who doesn't remember such important episodes where the males get drunk and dance naked on a table for 10 minutes!
lmao. the buildup! the characterization. go home.
Mar 26, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2008
When Nuedori started playing at the end I got chills. Goddamn.
What an episode. I know there's a lot of complaints about the slower pace of the first half, and yeah, some things could've been sped up a bit, but you know what? That made this ending work for me. Looking at all those scenes of locations in Yamato feeling... well, lifeless without the crew being there, it did a good job. Just looking at the public reaction to Mikazuchi instead of Oshtoru was fascinating. And of course, we have Kuon's voyage back to the start, which was pretty powerful too.
Futari no Hakuoro should be really good. The table setting is out of the way, now it's time for the main course. I'm sure it'll get adapted soon enough (probably fall this season) and I'm looking forward to it.
Mar 26, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2011
Imo most of what happen in this episode was completely meaningless. Could have been shown in so many other good ways.

Whatever actually. Just start airing Futari no Hakuoro already.
Mar 26, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Nice, the ending pretty much guaranteed more to come.
Mar 26, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
RugterWyper32 said:

What an episode. I know there's a lot of complaints about the slower pace of the first half, and yeah, some things could've been sped up a bit, but you know what? That made this ending work for me. Looking at all those scenes of locations in Yamato feeling... well, lifeless without the crew being there, it did a good job. Just looking at the public reaction to Mikazuchi instead of Oshtoru was fascinating. And of course, we have Kuon's voyage back to the start, which was pretty powerful too.

At least somebody gets it.

Petrol said:

Look here little missy, S1 was just fine didn't feel rushed at all.

To you.
IT was 52 episode show stuffed in 24 episodes with first ten episodes being semi okay and then everything else not making any sense.
Let's not forget turning important characters like Karura into one episode sidestories and inserting Erurshit into everything ever.

Most of the lore and daily life was cut, most of the character storylines were cut. We barely learned anything about Urotorii. Yuzuha got fucking shafted despite being so important for Itsuwari.

Last two episodes were also a complete and utter mess that felt like on fast-forward.
S2 felt like I could sleep through the each episode and still have felt like I didn't miss much.

If you are expecting explosions everywhere thats your problem.

When I disparage gay people? you politically correct folks try to make a mountain out of a mole hill. laughable. xD

Here:
Mar 26, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
What a brilliant episode this was to end a series that has been dogged with inconsistency from the word go. Some (albeit only a select few) were excellent, and some (primarily the yaoi doujinshi episode) were absolutely awful and little more than dreadful filler (and trying to say that stuff like that is characterisation is delusion of the highest order). This episode was the kind of quality I was hoping for from the whole series, as this series could have been so much more if if was this good consistently; all of this is despite the very slow pacing this episode had, though if anything I think that actually really helped this episode have more of an impact than if it had been moved through any quicker. Based on that, even despite the many flaws this season, I would glady welcome a third season to cover the third game, primarily because I want to see how this story comes to an end.

This finale was so good that it made me change my mind about lowering my rating even further, so 7/10 is how this finishes (rather than the 6/10 I was considering giving).
Mar 26, 2016 12:29 PM
Jan 2016
Fai said:
RugterWyper32 said:

At least somebody gets it.

Petrol said:

Look here little missy, S1 was just fine didn't feel rushed at all.

To you.
IT was 52 episode show stuffed in 24 episodes with first ten episodes being semi okay and then everything else not making any sense.
Let's not forget turning important characters like Karura into one episode sidestories and inserting Erurshit into everything ever.

Most of the lore and daily life was cut, most of the character storylines were cut. We barely learned anything about Urotorii. Yuzuha got fucking shafted despite being so important for Itsuwari.

Last two episodes were also a complete and utter mess that felt like on fast-forward.
S2 felt like I could sleep through the each episode and still have felt like I didn't miss much.

If you are expecting explosions everywhere thats your problem.

Here:

You're sad and pathetic, goodbye weirdo! (On IGNORE LIST!)
Mar 26, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
Can we just talk about the music in this episode!? When they played the orchestra version of Kimi ga Tame from the original series I got a bit teary eyed ;-; I hope this series gets another season because it can't end like this!!!!
Mar 26, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
Felt like the anime ended before it even started, it was if the producers knew how they wanted the show to end but didn't know how to get there, so they just added whatever shit came to their head to fill the gap between the beginning and ending.Still enjoyed it though.

I wanted to play the game, but i really doubt it'll ever be released in the west, and don't even know if it is possible to translate ps3/psvita games through patches
NRVNQSR666Mar 26, 2016 12:41 PM
Mar 26, 2016 12:45 PM
Dec 2014
I enjoyed it, but they can't stop with what they ended. It will bug me, and probably a lot of people to leave the ending as it is.
Mar 26, 2016 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. This was a pretty anime ending. Thanks Aquaplus, for half of a game and half of an anime. I'll just play the finale game when it comes out because that's what this anime was made for: sales.

As a standalone series, this show sort of blows though. Not like I expected much more than this.
Mar 26, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
JohnSmith said:
Wow. This was a pretty anime ending. Thanks Aquaplus, for half of a game and half of an anime. I'll just play the finale game when it comes out because that's what this anime was made for: sales.

As a standalone series, this show sort of blows though. Not like I expected much more than this.

Its not standalone tho?

Its literally middle part of trilogy. There's pretty much no trilogies where the middle part, usually used to bridge the third and first parts, could stand on its own.
Mar 26, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2009
Fai said:
JohnSmith said:

Its not standalone tho?

Its literally middle part of trilogy. There's pretty much no trilogies where the middle part, usually used to bridge the third and first parts, could stand on its own.

Hey, what's up?

I'm well aware that the series is not standalone. I just think that not every viewer will have watched or will bother to watch the prequels. There will still be many first time watchers regardless, and in that respect, I don't believe the show is very friendly to those people. Sorry if I was not clear enough.
Mar 26, 2016 1:07 PM
Sep 2015
Great last episode. 5/5

Imo the show doesn't have a plot until the last few episodes, also it didn't maintain the same atmosphere as S1 so I feel disappointed. Overall 5/10

I still really hope for S3
Mar 26, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
Ok what just happened...
The ending just blew me off why did they have to kill Oshturu
Feeling sad for Oshturou, Haku and Kuon at the same time...
It seems that Haku was the one who really died
Mar 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
Kuon crying T_T, that was so heartbreaking...
I get it that Haku and Oshutoru were good buddies but he could at least let everyone know he was alive or Kuon at least....why u do dis ;_;
Really liked the OST during the episode, also that song from S1

Was a pretty enjoyable series, would've been even better if not for all those filler-like episodes. 8/10 from me
NEED 3rd season NOW!!!!!
Mar 26, 2016 1:43 PM
Jan 2016
wait , he lies to kuon, but show himself to the rest of his gangs? What is the purpose of this?
Mar 26, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
And thus the unlucky man, drowned in the pits of despair, losing even his own name and identity to the circumstances and karma surrounding him

Oh man this was TOP NOTCH episode both stylistically and in terms of direction.

Haku's story is a tragic one. He started as man with no memories, noname and no identity and through luck and coincidence built his own family and life in Yamato. We saw him only want that normal life, not striving for anything out of ordinary, yet that normal life and even his own identity he built for himself are stripped of him now he is doomed to forever be the person he never was this greater than life general with thousands of soldiers lifes at stake. And nobody will even know his name. Because all of his deed and all of hardhsips will be attributed to a false face wearing a false mask, carrying out the will of Oshutoru and carrying out the will of his late brother. From now on he is Oshutoru. Haku is dead.

Kuon's realization of what supposedly happened to Haku is painful and so damn emotional for me. Especially themoment when she is looking at the fan and it sets in.

As Anju asked Kuon all the way back in episode 10 when Kuon told the second love story of man drowning in despair, "just how is this a love story?" - Kuon on only figured out how important haku was too late and with extent of destruction we saw her capable to do, you can bet she will put everything she has at stake to grind Yamato to dust now.

A lot of episode also brought back things that were used through the season - the pouring of sake on the grave, the scenes of Kuon meeting Oshutoru, the scenery of locations from first episode, serving as kind of book ends for this part of the story.

A lot of episode is framed as a silent kind of movie with only key moments having voices and music which makes those moments VERY strong. The visual representation of character emotions also is top notch.

Some of game scenes had to be cut but they had proper replacements within the show so that was no problem

This episode drew the lines between Yamato and Tuskuru - two factions led by masked white emperors(Haku Oro = White Emperor).Two countries entangled in the legacy of humanity. Now time to await for the third part of the story that concludes it all.

5/5 for the episode
8/10 for the show.

Cannot agree more with you. Nice wording.
Kuon's scene at the end really got me.

I really hope Futari no Hakuoro gets an adaptation too.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.