Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 28, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
aidoru said:
Really good episode! Great to see Akihito and Kuriyama getting closer. Not sure how much I understood how Kuriyama got Akihito to stop being in his youmu form but oh well. Strange how Mitsuki & Hiromi's older sister (?) stole the gem from the youmu.

Trough the power of LOVE! Cant get more cliche but hey whatever, Ill just give up on the thought of ever having good characters in this show and try to ignore them as much as possible, and enjoy the pretty visuals and half decent story instead.
Oct 28, 2013 4:19 PM
Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
baki502 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
grumpytoast said:
Then why did she stab him when they first met? She didn't know he was immortal, he looked human but had a youmo sense about him. If she was soooo afraid of taking lives youmo or not or of her own blood taking over she wouldn't of attacked him in the first place just like she wouldn't attack that youmo in her room.

Because it isn't like she wants to be afraid of killing. She wants to be able to kill Youmu, her hesitancy is something she wants to outgrow. That was why she kept attacking Akihito. Once she learned he was immortal, she thought she would eventually become desensitized to killing.

grumpytoast said:
She was stabbing him all the time before knowing he was immortal (except that first time) and yet when it matters she couldn't even though she knew he was immortal, she tested it out herself plenty of times..

Again, she meant to kill him, and she continued to mean to kill him until she learned that not all youmu are the same (and evil). What you all are missing is that she is not completely in control of her actions, she wants to be able to administer the killing blow, but her mind rebels at the exact moment. Because this is a real trauma and not a fake tv trauma, she is aware of her problem and is trying to overcome it, but the nature of a real trauma is such that merely because you are aware of it doesn't make it go away.

grumpytoast said:
The show is obviously contradictory and doesn't explain things well.. If it did explain things well then there wouldn't be so much confusion among the people watching it. So it obviously isn't addressing thing very well.

Honestly, while there are some thing that haven't been explained well, the problems that most of the detractors are pointing out is with their inability to understand simple complexity rather than the show itself.

Or in other words, you idiots are pissed because this show isn't a "paint by numbers" type of show, but rather requires you to think a bit for yourselves. But just because this show doesn't spell things out for you a single letter at a time, doesn't mean that the problem is with the show itself. I mean seriously, just because they don't put placards out for you doesn't mean this is the show's problem.

Please dont give this show credit for what it doesnt have. Its obviously contradictory no matter how much shit you interpret into it. She had little to no hesitation at all the first time she stabbed him when he was human with a littel youma aura to him and her not knowing he is immortal, but she hesitated A LOT 4 episodes later when he was in fulll youma mode and she knew he was immortal and she had stabbed him countless times, with little to no hesitation before.

Bullshit stays bullshit no matter how much you try to hide it.

But then what else would the Kyoani fans find to do? Praising the companies shows for anything and everything is pretty much the only way they know how to react. It's like practically an ingrained reflex.

But seriously yeah I think that's the thing about the characters that continues to bother me the most. That was their introduction and the defining scene of their relationship starting, her trying to stab him with no knowledge of what he was at that point. It makes absolutely no sense that she would try to stab a random person who could have just died and yet she can't bring herself to do anything when there's real danger and the solution is in terms of the context of this anime entirely feasible and low risk. It's also impossible now not to keep going back to that particular scene and finding contradictions, it's almost like the writer seems to have completely forgot that it happened or something among other things like Sakura disappearing mid episode with no explanation for example. It just makes her look like a really poorly thought out heroine in terms of basic logic, reasoning and problem solving abilities, but then Akihito is no spring prize here either. The show really suffers from it's two lead characters lack of charisma, consistency and definition of character.
I would add to the argument but I would like to point out that it's very ignorant to put a fandom into one group. Please refrain from continuing to make yourself look like an asshole. Of course fans are going to ptotect something that they enjoy. No body on this forum is clever for pointing out flaws in this anime and giving people hell for enjoying something. I can find numerous of flaws in any anime. But get over yourself the anime is only 4 episodes in.
Oct 28, 2013 6:00 PM

Dec 2008
OMGWTFBBQSOSABC123!!!!!! That's Akihito's youmu power?! He is definitely to be feared. It would not be wise to allow him to get into another perilous situation. He's a walking WMD.

What is up with Mirai's blood? It's like acid rain, and when she hugged Akihito in his youmu form...it burned him.

Hmm...there's some shiggedy going on behind the scenes. Wonder what's going to be done with that Hollow Shadow's stone. World domination, perhaps?
Oct 28, 2013 9:23 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
But then what else would the Kyoani fans find to do? Praising the companies shows for anything and everything is pretty much the only way they know how to react. It's like practically an ingrained reflex.

As opposed to the KyoAni haters? Too funny. I guess you didn't notice that I said that there were plenty of issues with this show. Of course not, anyone who doesn't hate KyoAni for, well, being KyoAni is a KyoAni apologist for you. Remember what I said 2-3 posts before, it doesn't matter what anyone says, it doesn't matter if your mis-interpretation is pointed out, you will still believe what they believe because they cannot help it. Sums you up perfectly.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
That was their introduction and the defining scene of their relationship starting, her trying to stab him with no knowledge of what he was at that point.

Really? Her first words after stabbing him "was this too much for you". Seems to suggest that she sort of understood what he was, that her stabbing through his heart wouldn't kill him. Maybe not immortal, but she already knew that such an easy attack most likely wouldn't kill him.

It is annoying to say the same thing over and over again, but once again I will try so that maybe you all will finally get it: SHE ISN'T AFRAID OF KILLING YOUKAI. SHE WANTS TO KILL THEM. HER INABILITY TO DO SO IS BECAUSE SHE IS AFRAID OF HER OWN POWER. THAT IS THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THIS SHOW.

If you want to attack KyoAni, attack them for their clumsy mixing of genres, or for their annoying moe pumping scenes. But don't attack them for plot details that they actually explained.
Oct 28, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I have yet to see a real deranged fan that you tried so hard to conjure. It is more like YOU cannot deal with anybody who may have valid reason to praise a KyoAni work without him being a KyoAni fan or fanboy (and somehow that would include a lot of people except the committed and relentless critics like you) so I am a KyoAni fan, Takuan_Soho is a KyoAni fan, everyone who said something positive about the show is a KyoAni fan even if he said already he does not like it when taken as a whole. It is not because we cannot deal with flaws and problems with KyoAni's production (because we clearly can) but more like you cannot deal with anything that KyoAni could have done right without any playing down or dismissal as pure luck, pandering, or blind faith by fanboys.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

As opposed to the KyoAni haters? Too funny. I guess you didn't notice that I said that there were plenty of issues with this show. Of course not, anyone who doesn't hate KyoAni for, well, being KyoAni is a KyoAni apologist for you. Remember what I said 2-3 posts before, it doesn't matter what anyone says, it doesn't matter if your mis-interpretation is pointed out, you will still believe what they believe because they cannot help it. Sums you up perfectly.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
That was their introduction and the defining scene of their relationship starting, her trying to stab him with no knowledge of what he was at that point.

Really? Her first words after stabbing him "was this too much for you". Seems to suggest that she sort of understood what he was, that her stabbing through his heart wouldn't kill him. Maybe not immortal, but she already knew that such an easy attack most likely wouldn't kill him.

It is annoying to say the same thing over and over again, but once again I will try so that maybe you all will finally get it: SHE ISN'T AFRAID OF KILLING YOUKAI. SHE WANTS TO KILL THEM. HER INABILITY TO DO SO IS BECAUSE SHE IS AFRAID OF HER OWN POWER. THAT IS THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THIS SHOW.

If you want to attack KyoAni, attack them for their clumsy mixing of genres, or for their annoying moe pumping scenes. But don't attack them for plot details that they actually explained.

Overall I am quite the fan of kyonai.. They have come out with some good stuff and their animation and art is extremely good. But just because your a fan doesn't mean you have to cover up for the inconsistency. This show has a contradiction in the main character, not saying it makes the show good or bad but it is there. Several people, fans and not fans alike have found this to be a confusing aspect.

Also after she stabbed him she said "what are you?".. She had no knowledge that half youma's or a youma of being immortal. " was this too much for you" could also imply "my cursed blood is do strong your going to die" or "you can't survive this" simply that she is confident in her abilities. She has talked several times about how her clan was strong or strong her blood is.
also Even if she wants to kill youma, it can still be said that she can't because she is afraid. Whether of her own blood or youma itself, she seems to have something holding her back. I find the purpose of the flashbacks of her friend and her keep mentioning having killed somebody to be the root of her fear, especially since one of those appeared before killing a youma. I think she is afraid of killing youma's because she's afraid that by doing so she will kill somebody again.
Anyways she should've had no qualms stabbing him, seeing how she has tested out her abilities on him several times with blows that would've killed in less life threatening situations. Also stabbing him not even knowing he's immortal and with the possibility of killing him when they first met.

So obviously something is wrong on kyonai's end in their explanation and interpretation.. They aren't doing the best of job right no at being consistent. I mean this issue isn't the only one are the show wasn't consistent. Like in this ep where that Sakura seemingly disappeared from the ep little over halfway through without an explanation. It's like she didn't even matter, she was just there and gone.
grumpytoastOct 28, 2013 11:38 PM
Oct 29, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
Ok, so this episode was much better than the last one.

My favorite thing about it, was how Mirai finally apologized to Akihito. I was waiting for that.

And his whole hidden monster thing I guess explains why everybody is always so rude to him (although it doesn't make it any less irritating to watch).

I was pleasantly surprised with how little of a punching bag Akihito was this episode. I mean, sure, he get stabbed and basically ripped apart, but it only happened once, and was treated with the proper tone. I liked the whole labyrinth thing, that was cool.

Some things I had issues with though.. When he asked her to stab him to draw out the monster and kill it.. why the hell did she hesitate? Like.. before she had no problem stabbing him when he was telling her not to do it. She sought him out, chased him down, and specifically tried to murder him all for "practice". Basically, she saw him as less than a fucking human being, just a convenient practice dummy to shove her sword through. And now, when he's there telling you to stab him.. you're all of a sudden going to hesitate? Oh NOW it's a big deal! Pfft. Ok...

And then, they said "when his body is in peril, his Youma side comes out".. ok. So... I'm pretty sure his body was "in peril" within the first 30 seconds of the first episode, when he had a sword plunged straight through his fucking heart. That kind of put me off a bit just thinking about that.

The whole "saved by the hug" thing didn't really bother me. I took it literally. Like, his body was "in peril", but when she hugged him, held him close to her body and apologized to him, that took him out of "peril", thus making the youma go away. Meh, that's just how I took it.

I wonder if (and kind of hope) suicide will be a theme explored in the future. It definitely foreshadowed it in the first episode, and now, given Akihito's situation, it seems very likely.

This kind of reminds me of Rosario + Vampire a bit with Tsukune.
Red_KeysOct 29, 2013 1:54 PM
Oct 29, 2013 3:23 PM
Jul 2013
The episode was fantastic, that sums it up.
Oct 29, 2013 6:22 PM
Oct 2012
grumpytoast said:
This show has a contradiction in the main character, not saying it makes the show good or bad but it is there. Several people, fans and not fans alike have found this to be a confusing aspect.

While I agree that KyoAni could have done a better job at explaining Mirai's motivation, I will continue to argue against there being a contradiction because there wasn't one. In every encounter with a youmu, including her first scene with Akihito, she looked away and her hand was trembling when she stabbed one. So it isn't like she didn't have an issue, and then suddenly did have an issue (which is what a contradiction is), KyoAni made sure from the start to show this behavior.

grumpytoast said:
Also after she stabbed him she said "what are you?".. She had no knowledge that half youma's or a youma of being immortal. "

It could imply, but it doesn't. What she meant was explained later in the episode when she told Akihito she had never seen a youmu continue to possess a human after being stabbed so many times. This explains her actions: she thought that Akihito was either a Youmu or a human possessed as a youmu when she stabbed him, so when he didn't respond like she expected she had to ask "what are you".

Now, it certainly didn't help that the immediately cut from that scene to Akihito talking with his senpai, and then some moe and then finally the rest of the explanation, which is why I agree that KyoAni could have done a better job at explaining this part, but that isn't the same as saying that there was a contradiction to how Mirai acted or that KyoAni didn't explain it. She isn't and they did, they just made the viewer piece it together. That for me isn't a fault, I love doing such things, but I can understand that for most viewers KyoAni could have done a better job at explaining this part.

Oct 30, 2013 1:17 PM
Feb 2013
LilliumStar said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
baki502 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
grumpytoast said:
Then why did she stab him when they first met? She didn't know he was immortal, he looked human but had a youmo sense about him. If she was soooo afraid of taking lives youmo or not or of her own blood taking over she wouldn't of attacked him in the first place just like she wouldn't attack that youmo in her room.

Because it isn't like she wants to be afraid of killing. She wants to be able to kill Youmu, her hesitancy is something she wants to outgrow. That was why she kept attacking Akihito. Once she learned he was immortal, she thought she would eventually become desensitized to killing.

grumpytoast said:
She was stabbing him all the time before knowing he was immortal (except that first time) and yet when it matters she couldn't even though she knew he was immortal, she tested it out herself plenty of times..

Again, she meant to kill him, and she continued to mean to kill him until she learned that not all youmu are the same (and evil). What you all are missing is that she is not completely in control of her actions, she wants to be able to administer the killing blow, but her mind rebels at the exact moment. Because this is a real trauma and not a fake tv trauma, she is aware of her problem and is trying to overcome it, but the nature of a real trauma is such that merely because you are aware of it doesn't make it go away.

grumpytoast said:
The show is obviously contradictory and doesn't explain things well.. If it did explain things well then there wouldn't be so much confusion among the people watching it. So it obviously isn't addressing thing very well.

Honestly, while there are some thing that haven't been explained well, the problems that most of the detractors are pointing out is with their inability to understand simple complexity rather than the show itself.

Or in other words, you idiots are pissed because this show isn't a "paint by numbers" type of show, but rather requires you to think a bit for yourselves. But just because this show doesn't spell things out for you a single letter at a time, doesn't mean that the problem is with the show itself. I mean seriously, just because they don't put placards out for you doesn't mean this is the show's problem.

Please dont give this show credit for what it doesnt have. Its obviously contradictory no matter how much shit you interpret into it. She had little to no hesitation at all the first time she stabbed him when he was human with a littel youma aura to him and her not knowing he is immortal, but she hesitated A LOT 4 episodes later when he was in fulll youma mode and she knew he was immortal and she had stabbed him countless times, with little to no hesitation before.

Bullshit stays bullshit no matter how much you try to hide it.

But seriously yeah I think that's the thing about the characters that continues to bother me the most. That was their introduction and the defining scene of their relationship starting, her trying to stab him with no knowledge of what he was at that point. It makes absolutely no sense that she would try to stab a random person who could have just died and yet she can't bring herself to do anything when there's real danger and the solution is in terms of the context of this anime entirely feasible and low risk. It's also impossible now not to keep going back to that particular scene and finding contradictions, it's almost like the writer seems to have completely forgot that it happened or something among other things like Sakura disappearing mid episode with no explanation for example. It just makes her look like a really poorly thought out heroine in terms of basic logic, reasoning and problem solving abilities, but then Akihito is no spring prize here either. The show really suffers from it's two lead characters lack of charisma, consistency and definition of character.
I would add to the argument but I would like to point out that it's very ignorant to put a fandom into one group. Please refrain from continuing to make yourself look like an asshole. Of course fans are going to ptotect something that they enjoy. No body on this forum is clever for pointing out flaws in this anime and giving people hell for enjoying something. I can find numerous of flaws in any anime. But get over yourself the anime is only 4 episodes in.

I think this whole 'kyoani-fanboy' vs 'kyoani-hater' is just derailing from the logic used when reasoning on the matter. In essence, it has nothing to do with anything. This goes for both sides. It's all emo-talk, one way or the other, and has no actual bearings on the question whether or not there is an inconsistency there. Or at least, it shouldn't be.

As I said at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=680237&show=240#msg26022115 however, there are good reasons, within a logical framework, to conclude it was an inconsistency. KyoAni or not has nothing to do with it; it would be the same for every other producer, mangaka, creator or publisher. An inconsistency is not derived from who makes it, but from the fact one IS making it (or not). It's the inherent illogic of it, introducing a contradiction, that makes or break the question of whether or not it should be regarded as an inconsistency. Whether it's KyoAni or someone else is completely irrelevant to that matter.

That said, I more than established that there WAS an inconsistency. It's no big deal on itself, it's just an observation. Granted, if an anime is stuffed with inconsistencies, people who like a coherent story, background and setting, find it less pleasurable. Those who don't care about consistency or coherency (and thus, the believability of the created 'universe'), might well shrug their shoulders. Even Bleach and Naruto, nay, even OP has their followers. It's just a matter where your interest lay.

However, it is a fact that, if you DO care about consistency, shown contradictions are relevant to the appreciation of the anime, and the more there are, the less appealing it becomes.
AnimageNebyNov 2, 2013 3:24 PM
Oct 30, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2013
That was a pretty good episode once again.
Oct 30, 2013 6:09 PM

Sep 2012
good thing that i am not that smart, so i don't need to complain regarding the story, as long as it's entertain me, then i am fine, this episode especially good for me.
Oct 30, 2013 6:23 PM

May 2011
This was another good episode, I was right when I decided to watch this show.. And did another one feel like his playing cry of fear when he saw the train scene ? Lol.. I was sure that Akihito has some kind of powers than to be immortal but I didn't expect that he's a jinjuriki, and now there's a new enemy ? Well, it's not that there was one before but the story is getting better and better, i feel so bad since KNK is very short anime, I which It was 25 episode or something like that but it's still good for me to watch it, actually I hate the short running shows, I can't enjoy them.
Oct 30, 2013 6:51 PM

Jun 2011
Ajunky said:
Pknoctis said:
The youmu transformation was pretty beast, but I rolled my eyes when the power of the hug transformed him back to normal.
Ikr, of all the lame cliches... *sigh*

Even though I know it's the power of Mirai's blood, but still it's cheesy as hell -.-

I didn't like anything before the appearance of the onii-chan & company, and dislike the cheesy Mirai saves Akihito scenes, for some reason I think that they were pretty bad.

Heck Akihito's youmu is IMBA!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 31, 2013 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Rather disappointing, except for the orgasmic visuals it was pretty meh. I was kinda bored and a hug saves all, I get that it was the blood but come on..
Oct 31, 2013 5:49 AM

Aug 2012
Man I still can't get over how inconsistent the characters' behaviors are. Mirai had no trouble stabbing the shit out of the unwilling Akihito when they first met, but now she hesitates when he means it?

This episode is a definite improvement over the previous ones due to how serious it was, but even during its serious parts it's difficult to get attached to these characters. In my opinion, if Kyoto Animation didn't shoehorn that shitty one-dimensional humor into this show, I'd say this is a fine show, but not that great because the characters are still this show's weakest link.

6/10 I'm staying until the end
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 31, 2013 11:54 AM

Feb 2008
So,

1) Cringeworthy dialogue during the "please stab me!" scene.
2) How did Mirai see a tiny object like a ring fly by her, and then have the time to comprehend and completely reverse her approach in the span of about two seconds?
3) The "I'm going to hug you to calm you down" cliche has to be the most obnoxious in anime. The characters are not toddlers.
4) They seem awfully close to each other despite spending very little time together. Four episodes have passed and the show already wants me to cry for them. No.
5) Where are the adults? Why is everybody involved in the conflict (with one exception) a teenager?

I think I'm just going to drop this now. Have fun, guys.
Nov 2, 2013 8:33 AM
Aug 2011
Every detail about this anime feels like rip-off from somewhere else. I don't like it.
Nov 2, 2013 4:00 PM
Feb 2013
dend08 said:
good thing that i am not that smart, so i don't need to complain regarding the story, as long as it's entertain me, then i am fine, this episode especially good for me.

Exactly what I was saying. Those who don't care about consistency of a story, plot and underlying background or coherency/believability of the created world as a whole, will not evaluate their appreciation for an anime accordingly. Superficial entertainment is enough for some.

In fact, at some point we all went through it: when we were little, did we really care about the story or plot of, for instance, Pokemon?

Usually, people mature and DO find these things important, but some rather keep going for the low-maintenance entertainment and never grow up. It's wrong to blast them for it, however. It's just a fact of life. Compare it with politics; some people don't care about that at all, even though it is politicians that make up the laws that they then have to abide to, and are regulating their lives. One would think a critical mind would be in order then, but some just vote for a politician because he looks cool, or he delivers populistic entertainment. It's true I, like many others, would rather see it different, but in the end, people have a right to be ignorant and uncritical.

As far as the anime is concerned, it's meant to be entertainment, of course, so it's less important. And it's an ok anime; nothing great, but there is a lot worse around too. But yet, even then one can wonder, should one pride oneself that 'pop-corn entertainment' is all one wants? True, now and then that kind of mindless entertainment can be enjoyable, but... IMHO - and I repeat this is only my opinion - one should strive for more. Too much superficiality just gets on my nerves, because it treats you like an idiot. I find that disturbing, but maybe others don't. If some people are content with mediocrity and find that highly entertaining, so be it. It tells a lot about them, but we can't hold it against the hoi palloi that they are hoi palloi.
AnimageNebyNov 3, 2013 6:15 AM
Nov 2, 2013 9:35 PM
Aug 2013
Akihito is pretty cool :D love the design

Mirai too, though there are times where she comes as annoying -_- like you stabbed him for months, then you hang out for a couple of weeks, and BAM "I can't stab you anymore"

Hiromi is always cool (that scar on his back probably came from Akkey), how did he record that ringtone???

AARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!! and the oh so powerful power of hug again mfrfckr, that got on my nerves, like srsly

OVER ALL, this episode was pretty cliche and well disappointing really

(I wonder how much Akihito is worth though XD haha)
Nov 2, 2013 9:40 PM

Jun 2012
Well dang that was cool ^^

Nov 3, 2013 2:00 PM
Jun 2009
I'm pretty sure she used way more blood than could possibly fit in her body... I wonder from where it come from...
Nov 3, 2013 4:33 PM
Aug 2011
The hug scene was EXTREMELY predictable but other than that I enjoyed just about every minute of this.

tsudecimo said:
The hell are you talking about? Hugs and the power of friendship never saved anyone on Naruto.

Hugs saved Sasuke once, back when they were young(er).
Sakura hugging Sasuke turned him back into normal when he first got marked by Orochimaru in the Chuunin Exam arc.

Even I remember this and i'm not even active in any way in the Naruto fandom anymore.
Nov 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
The Hollow Shadow losing was stupid.
It was S class and got defeated by Mira, even she has a powerful ability she's inexperienced.
It should have won instantly against her.
Hope there are SSS class and god class youmu.
Nov 4, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, this episode was quite different.
Nov 6, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
Naruto's "Talk-no-Jutsu" gets adapted to Kyoukai no Kanata! Apparently, that magical wall reinforced by multiple people couldn't do a damn thing. But hey! Go give the guy a hug full of moe and he'll return back to normal.

lol
Nov 12, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2012
Ho Ho Ho, this episode felt like an early Xmas: lots of visual treats, great action, overpowered characters (Shadow, Mirai, Akihito). Plus a nice surreal touch. Didin't find any of the dialogues to be out of place tbh. Also liking all those kekkaishi characters.

And people, it's not the hug that brings him back to normal, it's the blood Mirai has on herself. How hard is that to understand? Seriously.
EratiKNov 12, 2013 2:59 PM
Nov 16, 2013 1:06 PM
Nov 2013
omg this episode was CRAZY
poor akihito i thought something like this might happen but i didn't expect such a BEAST
i got really disappointed that mirai's youmu was worth only 200 yen, she worked really hard to kill it damn
Nov 21, 2013 6:48 AM

Aug 2007
The emotive part was when Kuriyama hug Akihito. That was so cute!
Nov 22, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
This EPISODE WAS AWESOME!! GREAT FIGHTS
Nov 23, 2013 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
Blatant chuunibyou episode, not easy to see these days.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 24, 2013 8:07 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, so it got interesting, finally.
chevydeanpala said:
i got really disappointed that mirai's youmu was worth only 200 yen, she worked really hard to kill it damn

That bitchy Izumi.
kcuf
Dec 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
5/5
Finally something interesting to see! I was really bored watching the first three episode. Now if only the show can keep up like this.

I kinda feel bad for both Akihito and Mirai for all the pain they have gone through. :c
Dec 2, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 2018

Akihito is so strong even though he is only a half-shade.
DAT HUG. :3
Dec 5, 2013 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
Mirai and Akihito's bond is great. Really good episode.
Dec 19, 2013 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode honestly the action was great looking again. That ring tone and the scene in the automatic stairs ( Don't look ; cute girl falls down ^^) Akihito got some great reflex ^^. Mirai take her pantyhose off O_O trying to escape from Sakura. So Akihito is took over by his shade form, shit got real he his dangerous in that form but it ended well enough and also Mitsuki's sister is Hawt IMO.
Dec 22, 2013 10:20 AM
Apr 2013
it did be great if the blood burn mirai cloth
Jan 3, 2014 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
Oh KyoAni with those actions
Aw, Poor Mirai... The hollow shadow's, it's taken by Izumi :(
She could have many foods with the money!!
"Signature removed"
Jan 18, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Evil Akihito is sexier than the good one. Just sayin.

Still in love with the animation. Especially fighting scenes, holy shit.
Jan 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
awesome episode! I hope these two will get together soon. :)
Jan 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Pathetic youmu form. Seemed really strong but let an enemy get near him. Shows how weak it is. And that hug? predictable. Was expecting something better out of this. Oh well..
Jan 27, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
Woah that was intense, wasn`t it?
So, someone stole the perfect crystal and replaced it with a random ston woth 200¥?
Akky seems so powerful when he is in his youmu mode, oh gosh. "Do you think I look like a normal person?" Aww
Feb 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
OMG! His inner hollow went berserk and they put those barrier and shit. I bet this was all Aizen's plan.
Mar 9, 2014 11:45 AM
May 2012
Damn, my man Akihito is such a monster!!! He looks really cool and powerful in that form. I really like it. I will let Mirai to hug me too if I was in his place :3
Animation is really impressive. The fight scenes was well done. That ringtone ahahaha.
The ending scene was sweet. That pretty girl stole the youmu diamond stone or something. I think that pretty girl was Mitsuki and Hiromi's older sister.
I really like the drawings at the end of the episodes.
Well, gotta sleep already, still have exams for tomorrow =_=
Mar 16, 2014 3:42 PM
Oct 2009
Finally something in this anime that got me excited, even if just a bit.. It's like Naruto all over again with that youmu half going insane xD now the main duo are a perfect match at least.
also seems like big sis is a double agent since she stole the hollow shadow stone~
VampireOjouChanMar 16, 2014 3:52 PM
Apr 1, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2013
Things sure got a lot more exciting in this episode! I never expected Akihito to go insane like that, it's a good thing he managed to return back to normal. What was with the mysterious guy at the end though o.o ?
Apr 1, 2014 10:07 AM

May 2012
Epic episode with some really nice action and great character development! I wonder what's next!
Apr 30, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2007
I'll give it to this series that it keeps me entertained 8D

May 19, 2014 12:47 PM
Feb 2014
I really didn't believe this anime was so good. I didn't understand the plotline until now. Oh gosh I love it <3
Jun 4, 2014 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
Pknoctis said:
The youmu transformation was pretty beast, but I rolled my eyes when the power of the hug transformed him back to normal.

How to revert a human back to normal 101.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.