Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2016 8:54 PM
Feb 2009
I think One Punch Man is a much higher quality show in every single aspect compared to this, and many more shows on top of that. As others stated I believe it will do what SnK did in terms of popularity and over inflated scores only to be more fairly and realistically evaluated after the show is over.
Feb 4, 2016 11:00 PM

Feb 2014
icelizardman said:
I think One Punch Man is a much higher quality show in every single aspect compared to this, and many more shows on top of that. As others stated I believe it will do what SnK did in terms of popularity and over inflated scores only to be more fairly and realistically evaluated after the show is over.

One Punch Man was purely action with a little comedy. While this show is entirely story focused with a lot of drama. They are completely different in every aspect.
Feb 5, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
I'm a bit worried now that they won't be able to keep up the quality of the visuals, I mean episode 5 looked pretty bland compared to the first 4
Feb 5, 2016 8:14 AM

Mar 2015
LauraBirdie said:
I'm a bit worried now that they won't be able to keep up the quality of the visuals, I mean episode 5 looked pretty bland compared to the first 4

Episode 5 was made by a 2nd tier studio with a contract, that explain the quality of the episode.
For the next the staff will be back, the animation quality will rise..
Feb 5, 2016 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
already top 10 it is unstoppable, can't believe Monster is 20 places behind
Feb 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
Already went past Gintama, but im guessing it won't stay up for long, hell, I need to watch it myself.
Feb 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
m still trying to figure out why people are on this shows nuts

i mean, its not really that unique @___@

yes, i give it an 8/10 story wise, but people are acting as if this shit has never been done before. its kinda just a combination of different elements from this kind of anime

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't

Dafuq you mean ''a lot'' lol.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 5, 2016 4:27 PM
Feb 2016
It will be rated down by fma and gintama fanboys so no.
Feb 5, 2016 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
rsc-pl said:

That 4 episodes already beats in every aspect anime on 1st position :p so yes, especially that most (but not all, there are exceptions of course) anime in top 50 are not worth watching imo.

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is better than erased in every way and there is no way in hell the remaining episodes will change that

Am I the only one that doesn't like FMAB?
lol dafuq the show so bad I ain't even watching it anymore
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 5, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
SasukeUchiha said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is better than erased in every way and there is no way in hell the remaining episodes will change that

you most likely like naruto more that is indeed a way better shonen than fmab
Feb 5, 2016 5:27 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
SasukeUchiha said:

I don't like naruto, to be honest I think it's kind of bullshit... but I do like sasuke XD :/ but FMAB is just... what is the right word for this to not piss off people.. it's just fucking terrible.
Feb 5, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2014
SasukeUchiha said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I don't like naruto, to be honest I think it's kind of bullshit... but I do like sasuke XD :/ but FMAB is just... what is the right word for this to not piss off people.. it's just fucking terrible.

What is so terrible about it?
Feb 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
SasukeUchiha said:

The characters are bad, I don't like the magic/Supernatural theme of it, the comedy tries too hard to be funny, The drama between the brothers doesn't make any sense, the stupidity of the characters is damn too high.. like that episode
Feb 5, 2016 6:16 PM

Oct 2014
SasukeUchiha said:
gabrielrroiz said:

The characters are bad, I don't like the magic/Supernatural theme of it, the comedy tries too hard to be funny, The drama between the brothers doesn't make any sense, the stupidity of the characters is damn too high.. like that episode

how is the drama between the brothers stupid?
they went through one of the most traumatic experiences anyone can pass with the failed transmutation of their mother whom was the only person they care in the world and in the process they lost their bodies so the drama between them is great
also the alchemy theme of the series is great it gives a more grounded aspect to the hability various characters have in the series it also important to see how alchemy works as the equivalent of science in the setting and the alchemy unlike the power sistems of other shonen has a fair share of limitations that make asspuls impossible to happen
and just because the characters acepted the apologies of the thif forgave and befreind him later that does not make any of the characters stupid as they are not
Feb 5, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
lezerman said:
LauraBirdie said:

Episode 5 was made by a 2nd tier studio with a contract, that explain the quality of the episode.

Its only that episode? If that is true ill be so happy
Feb 5, 2016 6:41 PM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
SasukeUchiha said:

how is the drama between the brothers stupid?
they went through one of the most traumatic experiences anyone can pass with the failed transmutation of their mother whom was the only person they care in the world and in the process they lost their bodies so the drama between them is great
also the alchemy theme of the series is great it gives a more grounded aspect to the hability various characters have in the series it also important to see how alchemy works as the equivalent of science in the setting and the alchemy unlike the power sistems of other shonen has a fair share of limitations that make asspuls impossible to happen
and just because the characters acepted the apologies of the thif forgave and befreind him later that does not make any of the characters stupid as they are not

That's your opinion, and I have mine. I respect people for liking it, but it's just not my type of beef. and beside that the extend of what I've seen is 12 episodes. I hope it gets better tho, and not stay this terrible IMO
Feb 5, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2014
I do like the show alot, but its ratting is WAY too high.

I see it more as a 8.60
Feb 5, 2016 7:16 PM
Oct 2012
Humm, I really respect people who will, before the show ends, go out on a limb and state that this is one of the top 10 animations of all time. Sure hope that this doesn't explode on them before the conclusion, otherwise they will surely consider themselves as gullible idiots should that occur....

That said, in all honesty I hope this does pan out. I will enjoy watching it if it does (I stopped for now because time travel shows really grate on my nerves, though when they work they can be wonderful).
Feb 5, 2016 8:16 PM

Sep 2014
MiziTami said:
davinci12 said:
Doubtful,but itll be nice to see some fucking variety in the top ten. Not half of them being gintama. Unfortunately it'll be rallied with a hoard of fake accounts and artificially lowered by butthurt individuals similar to what is/was happening to after story.

Or they could fuck up the second half or the ending which will really damage its score.

I SO agree with your post.

~After Story was lowered by fakes? Really?

Yeah if you've been around MAL for awhile it's hilariously obvious.
Feb 5, 2016 9:01 PM

Jul 2011
I don't think this show even deserves the 9.00 rating. Its really good but lets be real this is not FMAB/HunterxHunter/Gintama level
Feb 5, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2014
Extreme3708 said:
I don't think this show even deserves the 9.00 rating. Its really good but lets be real this is not FMAB/HunterxHunter/Gintama level
Yeah, it'd be like, a low 5 if that was the case.
Feb 5, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2015
Extreme3708 said:

Don't worry the rating will easily fall as fast as it went up at the end. Not because of the show though.
Feb 5, 2016 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
It will be like top 20 or something, but #1 I really doubt.
Feb 5, 2016 11:28 PM

Oct 2007
LauraBirdie said:

Episode 5 was largely outsourced
Feb 5, 2016 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
MiziTami said:

I SO agree with your post.

~After Story was lowered by fakes? Really?

I haven't T_T . What was ~After Story~'s peak rating?
Feb 6, 2016 8:40 AM

Mar 2015
Siul-08 said:
lezerman said:

Its only that episode? If that is true ill be so happy

Probably yes, the same happened with Sword Art Online and other animes by A1 Pictures, when a studio don't have time they send for other studios, when one of those studios is bad the quality drop.
Feb 6, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2007
Anything is possible when Steins;Gate has an average of 9.17 and Noein 7.76. But I saw mention of a NTR ragequit twist and the end predictably disappointing, so probably not.

I kinda-sorta understood the OPM insanely high ratings when looking beyond hype excitement. As a superhero comedy-parody, it was something a little different, and it had some nice action animation bits. Less so with Boku Dake-whatever. Especially after ep5, with the average still rising. Nice visuals but uneventful and with some shoddy writing in ep1&5; a deathblow to any murder mystery. I don't care much given I long ago accepted most users of this site are preteen/early teens that 9-10/10 anything remotely decent (and recent/airing, ofc), tho.
AironicallyHumanFeb 6, 2016 9:09 AM
Feb 6, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
I'm so happy about the BokuMachi hype! I really love the Manga and let's be honest, this is an amazing Drama Mystery and the Manga really deserves it's hype by it's anime adaption. There are so many Anime which tried to entertain you. But often I don't like the mix of Drama and Comedy in one Anime. That's why I dropped after 14 Episodes Fullmetal Alchemist (2003). Maybe I will try FMA Brotherhood anytime in future. There are some Anime which are really gems in Anime history like Mushishi, Shinsekai yori, SEL, Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate. I hope BokuMachi will stay being a Masterpiece till the last Episode. And if that's the case then it's irrelevant it's not number 1 in MAl Top Anime list. I hope there will be more serious seinen Anime in future. Maybe a Punpun Adaption? But I'm not sure if any studio could handle such a project.
Sorry if my english is not that great.
Feb 6, 2016 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
I haven't started watching it, but it looks good.
I don't think it'll beat Brotherhood... but I'm hoping it beats Gintama & Steins;Gate, lol. :P
::End of Transmission::

Feb 6, 2016 10:03 AM
Nov 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
Anything is possible when Steins;Gate has an average of 9.17 and Noein 7.76.

Suffice to say that's your opinion, right? Why not keep it that way?

Either way, I don't get why bring in and unnecessarily bash S;G on a thread that has nothing to do with it.
Feb 6, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
People saying the manga is masterpiece, really?
Having read it is going to end in a pretty disappointment. Also the mystery man was kinda obvious, not to say abt the ntr salt from people.
Feb 6, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2014
I don't think so. It's plot heavy and a lot of people seem upset with where the plot goes later on. It'll probably end up like Gangsta. When the final episode comes around, people will be upset the plot didn't live up to what it could (though, hopefully not at bad) and tank lower in ratings.
Feb 6, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2014
The dialogue for this show feels so bland and unimaginative. "I said that out loud" and "What are you, stupid?" repeated ad nauseam. Really?

Also, it feels like the characters offer no commentary on anything beyond the immediate plot. Which is strange given how slowly the plot manages to progress anyway, so it's a loss on both fronts.
Feb 6, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
TheDeedsOfMen said:
The dialogue for this show feels so bland and unimaginative. "I said that out loud" and "What are you, stupid?" repeated ad nauseam. Really?

Also, it feels like the characters offer no commentary on anything beyond the immediate plot. Which is strange given how slowly the plot manages to progress anyway, so it's a loss on both fronts.
u realize repetition is a common literary device

i feel like if ppl were more educated in literature it would help them understand certain writing styles more
Feb 6, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2014
moodie said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

u realize repetition is a common literary device

i feel like if ppl were more educated in literature it would help them understand certain writing styles more
I'm not categorically against repetition, only when it's used badly. The lines felt awkward the first time they were used, and trying again isn't helping.
Feb 6, 2016 10:35 AM

Feb 2014
According to people there's maybe 3 episodes before the controversial stuff starts happening. So if it continues being well received up to that point it potentially reach Steins Gate #2 position before it starts to drop.
Feb 6, 2016 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
Ramboll said:

Either way, I don't get why bring in and unnecessarily bash S;G on a thread that has nothing to do with it.

You are on the internet where people express their opinions. SG is in the top ten. He feel's it is a show that shouldn't be there. If a show like SG can get there, then this show has a chance. SG was the first show I came across that had me wonder why it's so up there. It's an opinion though, take it or leave it.
you sound poor
Feb 6, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2012
I never heard of it.
Feb 6, 2016 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
LauraBirdie said:

Episode 5 was largely outsourced

Well that explains it. I wonder why though, I guess four shows in one season is too much for one studio. But then why would they outsource this show (probably their most popular one right now) and not a different show.

Let's hope they won't have to do it again, the fact that I'm already invested in the story and characters made up for the lack of atmosphere, but it's moments like the meeting with the foxes and the christmas tree that make the show special for me
Feb 6, 2016 2:24 PM
Mar 2015
Score: 9.07 (scored by 30,874 users out of 132,161)
The ones who rate anime while it's still airing are fanboys, after it's completed I think score will be lower/equal 8.9ish. Right now after 5 episodes I think it's worth a 7 nothing more
Feb 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
Sury said:
bastek66 said:

Why? I don't see anything particularly hateable there?

People keep complaining about cliché and harm anime, yet when something takes a realistic route, they also whine. Seems like some people won't be happy whichever route a story takes.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I still think it's a combination of elements that remind people of Steins;Gate, the teen melodrama (feels), Yuki Kajiura doing the music (MAL considers her and Hiroyuki Sawano to be the undisputed best composers of all time and are probably the only ones most people know or get so hyped up over) and Yuki Aoi (extremely popular heavily pushed seiyu) being the female lead and putting in a solid performance. Just combine all these elements and the fact that it's MAL and it almost makes sense why it's getting pushed this over the top. The show might as well have been designed from the ground up to be mega popular on MAL and with the under 20 demo especially.

Quite interesting that Kanno Yoko, which is probably the most popular musician in Japan when it comes to anime isn't as popular as the others here, isn't it? Same goes for Yuuki Aoi. I'm aware she's a popular and award winning seiyuu in Japan, but here on MAL I usually see more people complaining about here voice acting than praising her.

Thats cause most people dont even seem to know or acknowledge any composer besides Hiroyuki Sawano or Yuki Kajiura anymore. I never thought in the 90s I'd consider it an unusual event to be able to have a conversation about Kanno let alone literally any composer besides those two but like just nobody is interested in anime composers outside of them. Its ludicrous, like IMO Akagami no Shirayuki Himes soundtrack is outstanding but you'd never know it but you can guarantee Knocking at The Walls of The Fortress will be hailed as an outstanding achievement in anime soundtracks even if its just the same tired vocal riffs and motifs yet again.

As for Yuki Aoi I'm not so sure, she seems plenty acknowledged here
Feb 6, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
i love this anime <3
road to #1
Feb 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
honestly i say in a few more eps alot of peoples minds will change about this series
"one step at a time"
Feb 6, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
It's only 5 episodes in and it's already number 10. If it keeps getting progressively better like it has been the past few weeks I could see it climbing into the top 5 maybe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2015

This chocolate bar disagrees.
Feb 6, 2016 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
Ramboll said:
AironicallyHuman said:
Anything is possible when Steins;Gate has an average of 9.17 and Noein 7.76.

Lol i know its deplorable butthurt behavior
Feb 6, 2016 5:47 PM
Nov 2015
MetalxSoldier said:

You are on the internet where people express their opinions. SG is in the top ten. He feel's it is a show that shouldn't be there. If a show like SG can get there, then this show has a chance. SG was the first show I came across that had me wonder why it's so up there. It's an opinion though, take it or leave it.

Please read what I posted again.

It's pretty clear from the words chosen that the the real reason to bring in SG isn't really to say that in comparison Erased has a chance, it is just to bash the show since t's rated higher than his fv. shows.

Either way, I very clearly acknowledged it being his opinion. What I said was that it shouldn't really be said in an objective way.

davinci12 said:

lol i know its deplorable butthurt behavior

Lol, yeah.
Feb 6, 2016 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
it'll lower, Gintama will triumph once again. Sorachi pulls off more shit than u can handle.

Boku Dake is a mystery so if it screws up once there's no turning back lol. Right now it's all hype and cliffhangers keep it up. Even tho I think it's doing pretty solid atm, I can't give it a rating cuz I don't know how it will end exactly. It's not even halfway through. I'mma lol so hard tho when all those 10/10 fanbois get salty at a rushed ending, it will come. But dw, it won't be as bad as Akame ga Kill.

johnyjohny said:
All those stupid people. Why can't they realize this is the kind of anime that can't be judge on a couple of episodes. The ending in this anime is going to decide everything so there is no use discussing this.

GenocyberFeb 6, 2016 11:31 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
MiziTami said:
davinci12 said:

Looked at the Wayback machine as I was curious about this myself, but it doesn't look like it crawled it before 2016? Odd. Either way, it looks like it dropped 0.1 since the beginning of *February*, this February, so who knows what it rating was. But I'm pretty sure it was ranked #3 or #4 when I joined MAL.

I'm also one of those who's kind of sick of all the battle shonens in the top 10. Okay, Fullmetal Alchemist was a great show, I'll give it #1. Steins;Gate, fine, it's quite different, let it have its spot. Great job for After Story. But what's with all these Gintama clones??
Feb 7, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
dbDrakkon said:
MiziTami said:

Looked at the Wayback machine as I was curious about this myself, but it doesn't look like it crawled it before 2016? Odd. Either way, it looks like it dropped 0.1 since the beginning of *February*, this February, so who knows what it rating was. But I'm pretty sure it was ranked #3 or #4 when I joined MAL.

I'm also one of those who's kind of sick of all the battle shonens in the top 10. Okay, Fullmetal Alchemist was a great show, I'll give it #1. Steins;Gate, fine, it's quite different, let it have its spot. Great job for After Story. But what's with all these Gintama clones??

First of all, I'll say I don't care at all about MAL's rankings. But, since I'm bored and posted in this thread before, I'll say some things.

After Story was the third ranked anime on this site when I joined behind FMA:B and S;G. It was rated 9.17 or 9.16. Recently, the elitist culture on this site caused people with infinite time on their hands to actually create fake accounts and negatively score shows they think don't fit the criteria for being "an intelligent anime viewer". (By the way if you want to seem so "intelligent", stop watching anime ffs, and go watch the Wire or read novels and shit. This is a medium that has crazy stupid series all over the place and no one is going to think you're a superior viewer if you like certain genres. It's fucking anime, know your place.)

Anyway, since Clannad is a romance and from KyoAni, these people used that tactic on this show. Most who saw After Story before and weren't obsessed with putting out an edgy image, automatically rated the series a 10 and labeled it a masterpiece in the romance and drama genres because of what KyoAni, the show, characters, animation, soundtrack, and emotion were able to achieve. I agreed with this sentiment as well. The folks who actually took time out of their lives to create fake accounts and affect imaginary internet points apparently didn't agree.

And btw, I haven't even watched Gintama, but it's not a battle shounen. It's a parody/comedy/crazy stuff shounen series. Not for everyone, but I can understand it being in the top 10 because of how unique it is.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1416 by Shubhammk21 »»
Today, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

586 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.