Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2012
Was good. Maybe slightly better than the first season.
Characters got some very good development as well as a lot of previous questions from the first season have been answered.
I will hope for a third season.

Overall score 7.5/10 (Rounded down to 7)
Dec 28, 2015 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
Great season! I'm really excited for the next one. Shame what happened to Ebisu, but it was unavoidable. Loved this episode.
Dec 28, 2015 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
Loved it. I'll hope for a third season!
Dec 28, 2015 9:18 AM

May 2015
Barion-Zara said:
The beginning with Shota Ebisu was really sweet. Yato using Kazuma's money was lol

Ebisu's death was feelz ;_; And Damn!! The way he blew up caught me off guard O_o

Lol'd so much at how he called Bisha Ms. Crazy chick from Yato's teaching XD

Dat Mizuchi release scene!!! She just got Mindfucked! kinda felt bad for her but happy for Yato choosing his own path. Not that it's gonna be that easy with Father and stuff.

Dat post credit scene was perfect. The confirmation for Fujisaki and all those Ayakashi following him. DAMN! Loved how Mizuchi was hanging on his back.

same same
This season was great tbh. Easy 10
Dec 28, 2015 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
Bishamon arc was brilliant, unfortunately set the bar far too high for Ebisu to reach but it did well. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 28, 2015 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
The after credit scene was mind blowing, i mean what a plot twist there. Anyways i love this Finale, especially Bisha's priceless expression when Little Ebisu called her Ms. Crazy Chick :3..

That cliffhanger ending is a sign for a 3rd season i presume, let's just hope so

Overall score 9/10, i hope we don't have to wait long for the next season.
Dec 28, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2015
I thought it had ended and I was like "aw that's nice" and then the after credits came along...
That was such a slap in the face i was not expecting that guy to be the father omg
*donates 5 yen to get a season 3*
Dec 28, 2015 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
I don't believe he just dumped Nora. You just don't dump your first friend ever like shit if you got the choice.

Now screentime for best girl will be drastically reduced for next season!
Dec 28, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2014
Awesome season. Great cliffhanger.

Also possibly stupid question but who is the kid (in a suit) in the intro walking away from what I assume is kid Hiyori...?
Dec 28, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
WHAT?! THAT GUY IS YATO FATHER?! Hold up, so I've been shipping Yato's dad with Hiyori this whole time?! c( O.O )ɔ
Dec 28, 2015 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Was kind of hoping that Nora would come good rather than being released.
Dec 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
Jeez! That ending would have surprised me if I didn't get spoiled beforehand.
Dec 29, 2015 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
Well I already what happened (from manga) and I'm really hopping for a 3rd season
Dec 29, 2015 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
Nice ending, this season is so good
the plot was good moreover exciting
wishing for a 3rd season
To desire some results, one must take actions
Dec 29, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Great season with a great ending episode. Hopefully theres a season 3 and that it explains Yato and Hiiro's backstory
Dec 29, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2007
Yay for Yato releasing Nora~ Hopefully that keeps her from coming back and haunting him (how da heck she get out of the underworld by herself??") and being just all.....too stalker-ish in a ghost-from-the-well kinda way if you know what I mean

DAMN....figured that brush wouldn't stay "missing" for long oAo

Another season please!

Now for the looooooong wait....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 29, 2015 2:59 PM
Apr 2014
I have to say I feel a little sad for Nora. Who would have thought Yato finally does what he should have done a long time ago for his own sake. Well, she was a bitch most of the time so she only had it coming for her.

That cliffhanger ending though. Are we getting another season or did they just want to increase the sales for the source material with that? After that second season I actually wouldn't mind another one. This one was so much better than the first season.
Dec 29, 2015 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Perfect finale for this season. It was even better than the first season. Wonderful.
Dec 29, 2015 8:19 PM

Dec 2015
Really liked this episode, I think it's a great conclusion to this season. No huge cliffhangers or such, it ended very nicely (with a little mystery). And I really loved how much emotion this season had. They did a really good job. Excited for the next season, tho it probably will be a long time till we get one.
Overall I think it played nice with the manga and the story was smooth. I'll try to hold back and not read the manga on from where I left off (I think it was chap. 57), but we'll see.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Dec 30, 2015 2:48 AM

Nov 2014
That teaser. I just hope that it's not "read the manga" or gtfo and they will make another season
Dec 30, 2015 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
Dam, the whole thing about Ebisu was really sad. Just a tragic misunderstood god ;_;

Glad to see Yato got rid of Nora and was really surprised to find out that his old man was the dude who kissed Hiyori :o The fact that he's posing as a kid who's attending her school is not good news at all.

Great season overall and the ending was more satisfying than S1's. Hope we get a third season eventually!
Dec 30, 2015 7:28 AM

Jan 2011
The guy that kissed Hiyori has the brush now. Third season confirmed! Can't wait!
Dec 30, 2015 9:19 AM
May 2015
ToshiroChan said:
The after credit scene was mind blowing, i mean what a plot twist there. Anyways i love this Finale, especially Bisha's priceless expression when Little Ebisu called her Ms. Crazy Chick :3..

That cliffhanger ending is a sign for a 3rd season i presume, let's just hope so

Overall score 9/10, i hope we don't have to wait long for the next season.

this I loved this and give it a 9
Dec 30, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2015
just one word for the after credit scene : WOW!
Great ride overall, but the way ebisu died just way to horrible. tbh, i almost laugh so hard when i was watching the ebisu arc. it was like two idiots being chased by a yandere girl and in the end one of them die horribly. maybe because i watch this after finished watching Baka to test. 9/10 Overall.

Thanks for the show.
Season 3 << don't forget it.....if the sales go well.
Dec 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck me, I love Noragami too much
Yato, Hyori, Yukine <3333

s3 never..
can't be too sad, s2 was pure blessing <3
Jan 1, 2016 12:06 AM

Mar 2009
Bishamon arc was great. She developed so much as a character, which led into even more growth in the Ebisu arc. And of course she's always a badass.
Ebisu arc was also great. Very deceptive, in that I immediately thought he was going to be the villain of the arc, but instead he was a great, selfless person. It was tough watching him die, regardless of the reincarnation. I could only imagine what Yato was going through there, as well.

Yato finally ending his relationship with Nora is a good thing. He has healthy, loving people in his life, and he knows this. Nora is not a healthy person. Her love is toxic and smothering. It's sad...because that's all she knows. She was obviously abused(by father, maybe?), thus it's the only way she knows how to love. So, I do feel slightly bad for her, but Yato made the right decision for himself.

All that being said, Noragami is a great show. And I hope we get another season.
And man, that OP kicked so much ass.
Jan 1, 2016 4:13 AM

Sep 2010
Teaser ending... Still very good one... overall this season was better than the previous one...

Finale - 4/5
Season - 7/10
Jan 1, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
So that guy was Yato's father and he was the one who asked for the brush first too. Kind of a surprise because I thought he would look a lot older.

I'm giving this season a 9.
Jan 2, 2016 12:48 AM
Jun 2010
Man I really do not understand why this show is rated so highly.

It's a super typical shonen with completely one dimensional characters. Yato is your usual underdog protag with a mysterious past (a less likeable Vash the Stampede). Yukine is just a tsundere girl and Hiyori is nothing new either. The fights were so dull, which is a shame because that high production value just goes to waste.

No permanent deaths and everything just works out in the end. Just have to call their names to escape from the underworld.. Really? Could yato's father not just find a human to rescue Ebisu if all it takes is a shout? Bisha gets chomped on for like 5 minutes without a scratch. Yato can cut the super god circle weapon in half but no one can move Ebisu from the glowing death circle in time?? They didn't even try! Nora wanders out of the underworld on her own no problem.

Nora was the only really interesting character and the new aspiring god of fortune just abandons her. Not really off to a good start, unless you consider falling into a river fortunate.
ADHthaGreatJan 2, 2016 1:53 AM
Jan 2, 2016 2:33 AM
May 2012
Ha! I freaking knew it! Man, what a fuck boy....
I really thought that Ebisu was a bad guy when I first saw him.....but T^T Little Ebisu is adorable :D
Good for Yukine and Yato~ I enjoyed this season.....except that pointless kiss.
I think there will be season 3.
Jan 2, 2016 2:43 AM

Feb 2015
ADHthaGreat said:
Man I really do not understand why this show is rated so highly.

It's a super typical shonen with completely one dimensional characters. Yato is your usual underdog protag with a mysterious past (a less likeable Vash the Stampede). Yukine is just a tsundere girl and Hiyori is nothing new either. The fights were so dull, which is a shame because that high production value just goes to waste.

No permanent deaths and everything just works out in the end. Just have to call their names to escape from the underworld.. Really? Could yato's father not just find a human to rescue Ebisu if all it takes is a shout? Bisha gets chomped on for like 5 minutes without a scratch. Yato can cut the super god circle weapon in half but no one can move Ebisu from the glowing death circle in time?? They didn't even try! Nora wanders out of the underworld on her own no problem.

Nora was the only really interesting character and the new aspiring god of fortune just abandons her. Not really off to a good start, unless you consider falling into a river fortunate.

LOL. You may or may not like Noragami and you can criticize the story all you want, but one thing that you can't deny is the good characterization and character development that these characters get. I've watched maaaany shounen and Noragami has the best characterization BY FAR. It's the best thing about the series. Yukine actually acts like a teenager and not like an adult in a kid's body as many other shounen do. His development (and wait for Season 3) is one of the best I've seen in any manga/anime. Same with Bishamon. Yato is far from a perfect character and actually has a twisted sense of morality. And, again, wait for Season 3 as some characters might surprise you. This is the kind of story in which you end up loving the ones you previously hated and viceversa. This is not a story in which the characters always think/act the same, they're constantly evolving and influencing the main storyline.

"No permanent deaths" -> Suzuha, many of Bishamon's Regalias of the Ha clan, Ebisu (yeah, he's reincarnated but he's a complete different person) and *manga spoilers*

"Could Yato's Father not just find a human to rescue Ebisu...?" -> Well, they didn't even mention in the anime for X reasons but Father is human so he could actually do it himself. The reason why he didn't do it is because the plan was for Ebisu to get out successfuly so that Heaven could see him in fraganti and kill him, thinking they got the real conjurer. It wouldn't have worked if Ebisu had died in the Underworld because Heaven would still be looking for the conjurer (Father). Father is a manipulative person who works in the shadows by using others (Yaboku and Nora).

"Bisha gets chomped on for like 5 minutes without a scratch" --> The armor was badly damaged, didn't you see Aiha in a wheelchair in the end? As to why she kept fighting, that's because the anime wanted to do it like that, as in the manga, Bishamon enters the Underworld AFTER Ebisu dies and after she's fought against Heaven.

Pacification Ring, etc. --> all anime-only.

Nora getting out of the Underworld -> She never fell back. Yato dropping her was metaphorical, she fell somewhere near the road. The anime didn't show it because, in the manga, she appears next to Father and that is when Fujisaki is revealed. However, the anime wanted to leave Father for the after-credits scene.
Uve23Jan 2, 2016 3:16 PM
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 2, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
Poor Ebisu. Just when he wanted to live...he goes splat.

Hope there's a S3.
Jan 2, 2016 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
Based on that last scene, would there be a 3rd season?
woah! Ebisu turns into a reincarnated shota?
good to see Nora being finally released by Yato!
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 3, 2016 12:13 AM

Apr 2014
Wow this season completely blew the first season out of the water! I'm so impressed, i really enjoyed the first season but this was soooooo much better than i ever could have anticipated. And that last ending scene! Omfg I didn't see that coming at all! I'm genuinely saddened that he released Nora/Hekki(i think that's what it was?), i was really hoping she was gonna give up being a nora and be with Yato T-T. But i'm happy shes not stuck in hell at least xD. Supper hype for season 3 after seeing how great this one was! On an ending note I really would like to see this series end by Hyori agreeing to become one of Yato's regalia when she dies/have her die and end up being his OR her and Yato get together/have a half god/half human baby =DDD, i don't think that would be to odd since half of the stories about gods most of them talk about the gods sleeping with woman and they end up with a child/children(whats specifically coming to mind are stories of Greek Gods)
Jan 3, 2016 2:46 AM
Jun 2010
Uve23 said:
ADHthaGreat said:
Man I really do not understand why this show is rated so highly.<br />
<br />
It&#039;s a super typical shonen with completely one dimensional characters. Yato is your usual underdog protag with a mysterious past (a less likeable Vash the Stampede). Yukine is just a tsundere girl and Hiyori is nothing new either. The fights were so dull, which is a shame because that high production value just goes to waste. <br />
<br />
No permanent deaths and everything just works out in the end. Just have to call their names to escape from the underworld.. Really? Could yato&#039;s father not just find a human to rescue Ebisu if all it takes is a shout? Bisha gets chomped on for like 5 minutes without a scratch. Yato can cut the super god circle weapon in half but no one can move Ebisu from the glowing death circle in time?? They didn&#039;t even try! Nora wanders out of the underworld on her own no problem.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LOL. You may or may not like Noragami and you can criticize the story all you want, but one thing that you can&#039;t deny is the good characterization and character development that these characters get. I&#039;ve watched maaaany shounen and Noragami has the best characterization BY FAR. It&#039;s the best thing about the series. Yukine actually acts like a teenager and not like an adult in a kid&#039;s body as many other shounen do. His development (and wait for Season 3) is one of the best I&#039;ve seen in any manga/anime. Same with Bishamon. Yato is far from a perfect character and actually has a twisted sense of morality. And, again, wait for Season 3 as some characters might surprise you. This is the kind of story in which you end up loving the ones you previously hated and viceversa. This is not a story in which the characters always think/act the same, they&#039;re constantly evolving and influencing the main storyline.<br />
<br />
&quot;No permanent deaths&quot; -&gt; Suzuha, many of Bishamon&#039;s Regalias of the Ha clan, Ebisu (yeah, he&#039;s reincarnated but he&#039;s a complete different person) and *manga spoilers*<br />
<br />
&quot;Could Yato&#039;s Father not just find a human to rescue Ebisu...?&quot; -&gt; Well, they didn&#039;t even mention in the anime for X reasons but Father is human so he could actually do it himself. The reason why he didn&#039;t do it is because the plan was for Ebisu to get out successfuly so that Heaven could see him in fraganti and kill him, thinking they got the real conjurer. It wouldn&#039;t have worked if Ebisu had died in the Underworld because Heaven would still be looking for the conjurer (Father). Father is a manipulative person who works in the shadows by using others (Yaboku and Nora).<br />
<br />
&quot;Bisha gets chomped on for like 5 minutes without a scratch&quot; --&gt; The armor was badly damaged, didn&#039;t you see Aiha in a wheelchair in the end? As to why she kept fighting, that&#039;s because the anime wanted to do it like that, as in the manga, Bishamon enters the Underworld AFTER Ebisu dies and after she&#039;s fought against Heaven. <br />
<br />
Pacification Ring, etc. --&gt; all anime-only.<br />
<br />
Nora getting out of the Underworld -&gt; She never fell back. Yato dropping her was metaphorical, she fell somewhere near the road. The anime didn&#039;t show it because, in the manga, she appears next to Father and that is when Fujisaki is revealed. However, the anime wanted to leave Father for the after-credits scene.

You literally see a demon biting Bisha's ear.. Her BARE ear. Yes, her meaningles nameless already dead ghosts die again.. Like that hasn't happened a million times already.

Yukine and Bishamon all act exactly how you guess they would. Their "characterization" as you put it is predictable. You know what they are going to say in any given situation before they even say it.

The age of the character doesn't really matter when it comes to cliches. Yukine entire "development" lies in this entire sentence: "I want to protect my master though I'm not confident and I'm very insecure so I lash out sometimes." Nothing he ever says or does lies outside of that. Unless you tell me that he turns to the dark side/dies or something later on, I will never be surprise by anything he does. He was much more interesting in the first season.

Bisha is just as simple: "At first I hated you but it was a misunderstanding and I owe you." It's really that simple. Her character only exists to demonstrate the point that Yato isn't a bad guy.
That's all.

Why was Yato even afraid to tell people his real name? It's not like anyone recognized it or knew who he was anyway. For being an immortal God who has taken countless lives, he sure is a god damn puss. He's lived god only knows how long and he's worried what some teenage boppers will think about him?!? I was hoping his real name would actually have roots in Chinese/Shinto mythology, but it was just meaningless as well.

Basically you're telling me to wait for season 3 for everything and the ridiculous parts were anime only..

So tell me again.. Why is this season rated so highly?
ADHthaGreatJan 3, 2016 3:28 AM
Jan 3, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
I recognize that this season has been very constructive, but the former was much more fun, oh well! You can not have your cake and eat it too. I appreciate that in the end it is mentioned in the situation as it evolved after the "choice" of Yato, at least became clear presence "insignificant" Fujisaki. Pleasant soundtrack, however the quality of the drawings left a bit to be desired at times, however at the end Aragoto proved a great anime, as forecast.

My vote is 8/10.
Jan 3, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
ADHthaGreat said:

You literally see a demon biting Bisha's ear.. Her BARE ear. Yes, her meaningles nameless already dead ghosts die again.. Like that hasn't happened a million times already.

Yukine and Bishamon all act exactly how you guess they would. Their "characterization" as you put it is predictable. You know what they are going to say in any given situation before they even say it.

The age of the character doesn't really matter when it comes to cliches. Yukine entire "development" lies in this entire sentence: "I want to protect my master though I'm not confident and I'm very insecure so I lash out sometimes." Nothing he ever says or does lies outside of that. Unless you tell me that he turns to the dark side/dies or something later on, I will never be surprise by anything he does. He was much more interesting in the first season.

Bisha is just as simple: "At first I hated you but it was a misunderstanding and I owe you." It's really that simple. Her character only exists to demonstrate the point that Yato isn't a bad guy.
That's all.

Why was Yato even afraid to tell people his real name? It's not like anyone recognized it or knew who he was anyway. For being an immortal God who has taken countless lives, he sure is a god damn puss. He's lived god only knows how long and he's worried what some teenage boppers will think about him?!? I was hoping his real name would actually have roots in Chinese/Shinto mythology, but it was just meaningless as well.

Basically you're telling me to wait for season 3 for everything and the ridiculous parts were anime only..

So tell me again.. Why is this season rated so highly?

Look, if you didn't like Aragoto, I totally respect that. But you have to understand that many people like it and they're going to rate it however they please. Besides, you're talking as if Noragami was the most hyped anime of the year or the most popular anime at the moment, which is not. At all. It even struggled to get a second season and we'll see if we get a third one, so I don't really know what you're complaining about. I've seen many other animes which are rated waaaay higher when they're nothing special so... that's how MAL goes.

I'm not going to argue Yukine and Bishamon's whole characterization because that would take me writing long and long pages of meta and character analysis. Perhaps I'm biased because I have read the manga, which is way more detailed when it comes to characterization and character relationships. There's just no way you can summarize Yukine's entire personality with just that sentence (if anything, I'd say that sentence summarizes his behaviour only during Ebisu arc). Is he a tsundere? Yes (hell, even Yato calls him that later in the manga), but he's way more than that and he has a great influence in the main storyline. And that's not Bishamon's personality either, that's just her relationship with Yato. What about the way she used to act with the Ma clan and the consequences it had? And the measures she adopted when creating the Ha clan? And the lessons she learned from Kugaha's accident? And, again, both these characters (and many others) keep evolving in the manga. This is the thing with Noragami: characters never remain the same, they're constantly evolving and influencing the story (eg: Bishamon and her Shinki weren't left behind during Ebisu arc, little Ebisu will keep being important, etc).

Oh, and Yato wasn't afraid of telling people his real name, that was badly worded. Yaboku is not a God in Shinto mythology, it's a made up name for the series. What Yato meant is that he was afraid of telling them the implications of his name: his past life with Father and Hiiro. Or rather, who Yaboku was as opposed to who Yato is. I believe to understand this you need to know Yato's past, which won't be explained until next season. However, without spoiling anything and taking into consideration what was said in Aragoto, Yato has been psychologically and emotionally abused and manipulated by his Father since the moment he was born. This is the first time in his life that he's actually making his own decisions and saying 'no' to his Father (that's why he said he saved Ebisu because he wanted to and not because Father told him to, or why he released Hiiro after all this time). Of course he cares about what Yukine and Hiyori think about him, because this is the first time he's got people who care about him. Up until this point, he only lived as Yaboku and he only had praise from his abusive Father. This is the first time he's got other people in his life who love him: Hiyori, Yukine, Kofuku, Daikoku, Kazuma... and now even Bishamon and Ebisu. Nothing weird about that in my opinion. It's not like Yato enjoyed killing people and being a God of Calamity, he said it himsefl that he wants to be a God of Fortune and make people happy.

Jan 3, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
08/10 It smells third season
Jan 3, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Dear Lord, Ebisu saying that he don't wanna die and literally exploding right after was terrible on my health. Fuck, that was brutal.

That after-credit scene...

It was really a great season. I sure hope there is a season 3. It's such a shame there was a controversy with the ''islamic prayer'' in the OST. Goddamn politically correct people, taking away all the fun.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so glad I decided to wait until this ended so I could marathon the entire season than having to wait out for each week. It must have been hell to those who did, I salute you ;-;7

This was awesome. I enjoyed the whole past story between Yato and Bishamon, as well as the story arc with Ebisu. That preview after the ED...season 3 can't come any sooner.

8/10
TrizeptJan 3, 2016 4:01 PM
Jan 3, 2016 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
The ending was lackluster. When Yato was explaining to Yukine that he kills people, I could not help but thinking yeah...we all know. Then when he was like I killed people last week, I was like...yeah we know. I mean Yato is a god of calamity the fact that they act like it is a big deal that he is on the darker side I think hampers the show a little bit. Life is like that.

Also, he was so worried about people knowing his real name because Yato thought they would hate him...but, it never came up. I expected something amazing and it was just kind of blah...

All in all this season was great, but those two points above bother me a little

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jan 4, 2016 2:01 PM
Aug 2015
Can someone explain to me what is so bad about the name Yaboku, how is Yato better and what does Yato mean? I did a little research and found out that Yaboku is written like this 夜卜 and so is Yato; the first character is pronounced the same - "ya" - and it means night; however, the second character looks identical in both names, but in Yaboku is pronounced "boku"(obviously) and means "divination", when in Yato it is pronounced as "to" and means nothing but a letter "to" in katakana alphabet. So..? What I understand is that the meaning of these two names is quite similar (since the first character means "night" in both), then what's the reason for him to hide his true name?
Jan 4, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this series. It had a good mix of action and plot with the major conflict of Yato vs Bishamon being resolved and the Ebisu arc was surprising enjoyable too. The ending really hit me in the feels.

It builds on what the first season started and adds a lot more interesting things in to the mix as well. Just a really enjoyable season and I hope there will be a third.
Jan 4, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
yoshino21 said:
Can someone explain to me what is so bad about the name Yaboku, how is Yato better and what does Yato mean? I did a little research and found out that Yaboku is written like this 夜卜 and so is Yato; the first character is pronounced the same - "ya" - and it means night; however, the second character looks identical in both names, but in Yaboku is pronounced "boku"(obviously) and means "divination", when in Yato it is pronounced as "to" and means nothing but a letter "to" in katakana alphabet. So..? What I understand is that the meaning of these two names is quite similar (since the first character means "night" in both), then what's the reason for him to hide his true name?

As I explained earlier, it was badly worded/translated. It's not that Yato doesn't want them to know he's actually called Yaboku, but what his name implies: his past as a ruthless killer with his father and Hiiro. You won't get to see that until a third season (or unless you pick up the manga). Basically, Yaboku is his past as a God of Depravity, someone who killed as a routine to get his father's praise, while Yato is his present, the God he wants to be: a God of Fortune next to Yukine and Hiyori.

Jan 4, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2013
I fucking cried like a little bitch when ebisu died. fuccck
Jan 5, 2016 8:55 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wow, this 2nd season was surprisingly good, I couldn't stop marathoning it until finished, it's been a long time since I did that.

So it's impossible to make Hiiro Yato's other Regalia officially after all.

So......"father" is that.....boy....who kissed Hiyori!? lolwtf

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
I don't like how yato treats Nora. Anyways a decent second season. It can be a bit boring at times. 6/10 I don't feel the need to continue reading the manga. But if a 3rd season does come, I will watch it.
Jan 5, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2014
Epic. This was so good.

It ends with the hint of season 3, so we can hope for it, which is the most relieving thing!

Uve23 said:
yoshino21 said:

As I explained earlier, it was badly worded/translated. It's not that Yato doesn't want them to know he's actually called Yaboku, but what his name implies: his past as a ruthless killer with his father and Hiiro. You won't get to see that until a third season (or unless you pick up the manga). Basically, Yaboku is his past as a God of Depravity, someone who killed as a routine to get his father's praise, while Yato is his present, the God he wants to be: a God of Fortune next to Yukine and Hiyori.

Yeah, I've also been wondering about that. Thank you for explanation :)
Jan 6, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
They did a great job this season :3
Jan 6, 2016 7:07 PM
Oct 2009
Geh... well that sure left a bad aftertaste. It was pretty obvious Ebisu was gonna die for the drama, but did not except it to be that gruesome o_O And that random kid we saw one time is a villain now. I wonder how that plays out.

All in all, it was a strong season, but too much action and not enough light-heartedness imo. I loved the balance between action and comedy in the first season.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3 rumor (leak)

meyve - May 22

28 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 10, 12:15 PM

» Which chapter should I start on if I want to continue reading on?

tristanxbidinger - Jul 26

6 by Sosophi13 »»
Jul 29, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

184 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 15, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2015

214 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 13, 5:33 PM

» Noragami panel at AX 2024

Xefly - Jun 19

23 by Oreki_Houtaro24 »»
Jul 10, 5:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.