Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (50) « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2015 8:45 PM

Feb 2008
I used to like checking out my friends profiles and easily see what they're watching with the stats at top.

So yeah as everyone else has said, stats really need to be on top as they were.

MyDramaList has the bio on top, and I've never liked that.
Oct 17, 2015 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
Josh said:
aikaflip said:
I like this idea. Used it for my profile.
Thats pretty clever actually
Oct 17, 2015 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
As suspected the idiots are falling for cheap gimmicks, all that is is an attempt to dress up crap.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 17, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2012
I like the new additions like the rewatched counter, mean score and being able to add whatever to your linked sites, but those new bars man. Looks like someone only had 5 minutes to finish his excel project. They gotta go. List updates do not need them either. Makes the profile look too messy and uneven.
rainsinzOct 17, 2015 9:12 PM
Oct 17, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
TsundereHeart said:
no_good_name said:
As suspected the idiots are falling for cheap gimmicks, all that is is an attempt to dress up crap.
Well as someone who's been on MAL for a while I have very little expectation that MAL will actually listen to everybody telling him how crap it is and make it into something significantly better.
So trying to pretty up what we have is the least we can do.

We fight them, arm the population, storm the servers.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 17, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
I think all the images are bugging ^

they're probably doing something to 'fix' it. The same applies for avatars...I'm seeing blanks everywhere
Oct 17, 2015 9:54 PM

Aug 2010
Based on this thread I think I'm the only one who likes it :v
Oct 17, 2015 10:04 PM
Apr 2014
I don't like how it says Meiko Inoue from Solanin is from Itazura na Kiss. Pls fix, ty.
-
Oct 17, 2015 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
Javera said:
Josh said:
I like this idea. Used it for my profile.
Thats pretty clever actually

That's pretty cool. Might do that myself if I bother to look for a pic.
Oct 17, 2015 10:49 PM

Sep 2009
TsundereHeart said:
no_good_name said:

We fight them, arm the population, storm the servers.
lolk

OT: Also, since some pictures have to be updated in order to actually use the new layout properly, could MAL please do something about the god awful profile picture updating issues? :|
And yes, I've already tried all the "tricks"

I almost went blind with this new design, no kiding xD
the famous compatibility was right in front of my face and easy to notice but now lol
Oct 17, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
Mettie7 said:
Based on this thread I think I'm the only one who likes it :v

Naw, it's just that people are much more likely to post if they don't like it than if they do like it.

It has a few kinks to work out, but I like it overall.
Oct 17, 2015 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
Oct 17, 2015 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
aikaflip said:
Zeando said:

you mean you want this order?
1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

I don't get why some people are so adamant about having stats at the top. With About Me at the top, you can put what you want at the top of your page now.

Well not all of us are experts on how to do those techy stuff.
Oct 17, 2015 11:23 PM

Nov 2014
M00ner said:
aikaflip said:

I don't get why some people are so adamant about having stats at the top. With About Me at the top, you can put what you want at the top of your page now.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/RP8MnWFm.jpg[/img]

Well not all of us are experts on how to do those techy stuff.

Why would I want to replace awesome Picture and Welcome banner for some joke of wallpaper.

Oct 17, 2015 11:43 PM

Jun 2010
You know, I think if they just put stats back on top, took the stupid "collapse arrow" away, and turned the stat bars back to how they were, 3/4 of all these complaints would disappear......... including mine.

And soooooo................

STUPID "COLLAPSE ARROW"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! *&&^%$@!@*&*(*0($#@&%#&*^&@@%*!!!!!!!!!!

*whew* just had to get that out. I'm cool now.

but seriously.......

stupid arrow.................
Oct 18, 2015 12:42 AM

Jul 2014
Following the secret meeting, the operation "Turn the site into fucking hummingbird" is progressing steadily. Slight resistances will be oppressed by other raging users who actually liked the site looking like a shitty social network.
Oct 18, 2015 12:48 AM

Dec 2007
At first I disliked it strongly but I guess it's not all that bad.

I'll have to agree though with napolean86 and many others I suppose, that it would be better without the "collapse arrow" and the stat bars were better off simple and blue. I've always liked them the way they were.

Other than that it's nice and it looks like I can get used it, but it's a bit too colourful. I prefer simple things and all the bright and different colours are making my eyes spin.
Oct 18, 2015 12:55 AM

Jun 2011
Using the About Me to "expand" the Avatar image IS creative and very cool, but...
About Me is for you to write about yourself. About Me isn't "Banner Section", please guys.
Well, but of course, if it stays like this, I'll have to transform my About Me in Sasuga Facebook Banner too.
Oct 18, 2015 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:
As far as the "looks" go I kinda got used to it already to be honest. Although we're basically forced to add a facebook style cover photo into the about me section so it doesn't look like complete ass.

Would still very much prefer anime and manga stats to be separated from another vertically and not horizontally as seen here:
Oiacz said:
Reposting my "idea" made on paint and still better

It's just so much more asthetically pleasing.

I'm still very mad about some of the functionality changes though. First and foremost:

- Complete removal of the progress bar for completed series and time spent. If bringing back the bars for days and completed series is out of the question, you should get rid of the bars altogether and thus remove the bar we have right now. Because that one is a pointless piece of shit that serves no purpose at all.

- Removal of the edit button from the "recent updates" panel (I don't even understand why this was done in the first place).

If both would be changed I guess I could live with this.

Just reposting.
Oct 18, 2015 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
this is so fuckin nasty

get rid of it
wow gay
Oct 18, 2015 1:36 AM

Feb 2012
I don't see a problem, other than the placement of the about me (which can clash with personal design choices) and removal of edit entries. There should be a fast way to update manually without going into the list or anime/manga entry page.
Oct 18, 2015 2:35 AM

Feb 2011
TsundereHeart said:
no_good_name said:
Well as someone who's been on MAL for a while I have very little expectation that MAL will actually listen to everybody telling him how crap it is and make it into something significantly better.
So trying to pretty up what we have is the least we can do.

or just giving up and using scripts to force the profile in a decent state

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 18, 2015 2:53 AM

Jun 2013
O.o nice!
Oct 18, 2015 2:53 AM

Feb 2011
grandy_UiD said:
Would still very much prefer anime and manga stats to be separated from another vertically and not horizontally as seen here:
Oiacz said:
Reposting my "idea" made on paint and still better

It's just so much more asthetically pleasing.

scripts are getting close to that image
missing only the vertical order of stats and last updates (but it's in the works)
the friends can be removed too if one wants

these are real screens, not paint examples

scripts here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1439200&show=50#msg42672597

grandy_UiD said:
I'm still very mad about some of the functionality changes though. First and foremost:

- Complete removal of the progress bar for completed series and time spent. If bringing back the bars for days and completed series is out of the question, you should get rid of the bars altogether and thus remove the bar we have right now. Because that one is a pointless piece of shit that serves no purpose at all.

- Removal of the edit button from the "recent updates" panel (I don't even understand why this was done in the first place).

If both would be changed I guess I could live with this.

think that may be hard to achieve by scripts, unless MAL staff does that themselfes
ZeandoOct 18, 2015 2:58 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 18, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
I would love to see an option to revert back into old design. Thank you.
Oct 18, 2015 3:07 AM

Mar 2014
"When I first see the new design I thought it was shit, but now I think it's pretty nice."
Good for you! But the more I look at that horrible accident called "modern design" the more I hate it. I hated it in the first place and I will never "get used to it". When people say they're getting used to something, it means that they don't like it but try to live with it. But why excactly do I hate the update? Well..

- For "small" resolutions the design is more than just contraproductive. I can't see shit. I don't even see the buttons for my lists! http://i.imgur.com/kJUUvxw.png
- The "About me". Why is that thing above my stats? What does it have to do with them? Move them before the comments.
-- Yeah, you can make cool banners! And really, that's a cool idea but here we go again with small resolutions! http://i.imgur.com/95FGBQV.png As you can see, you can see nothing. Great.
- The links to my lists. Why are they where they are now? Why is there where they were a link to edit my profily now? I don't need this. I want quick access to my lists, that's what this site is about! Lists!
- Those ugly colors for that ratio bar. I don't have a problem with this bar in general, but I cannot stand these colors. They don't fit. If they change to soft shades of blue, I'll actually like the new stats.
- Last Updates. I like the idea of a progress bar. But it looks like shit. I saw a pretty neat idea on making the bars look better. It was like this: http://i.imgur.com/yxjhe1z.png
- The pixelated graphics. Whoever mades this, I wanna punch you in the throat. No, this is not a browser bug! It looked fine before the update! Now, after that, it's shit. Yeah, Firefox' fault, and I am the king of fucking China! Some high as fuck idiot thought it would be a good idea to change the way graphics are being scaled down for no apparent reason. Most say "Change for the sake of change", and yeah, that's it. It's dumb.
- I don't read manga. The non-existent stats steal space. This is not okay. (But yeah, that was already a problem before the new design.)
- The favorites. Good, we can have ten for everything now. Good, the additional ones are hidden! Great idea!.. Stop doing drugs, it's dumb. I want my favorites on the left side, not in the middle of everything, that's clusterfuck. Also, I don't have manga favs, and no people favs, so they steal space again. Looks really nice!
- Friends. I quote hundrets of users now: "This is not fucking facebook." Move that under the clubs or something like that.
- RSS feeds. I don't know a single person who uses that shit. And I don't think anyone wants user feeds. They are useless.

Fix your shit.
Oct 18, 2015 3:49 AM
Jun 2015
The kind of *click more* thing is kind of annoying since I can't see my full profile unless I click it.
Oct 18, 2015 4:19 AM

May 2008
SliceofHorror said:
this is so fuckin nasty

get rid of it

Word up... my eyes are bleeding.

Looks like a ten year old was in charge of designing this shit. At least give us the option to choose the layout that doesn't need eye bleach.
Oct 18, 2015 4:48 AM

Sep 2009
The new design is terrible. Decoration sheet is important, do not argue, but to clean up detailed statistics for the banner for the avatar, it's too much ... I can see that I'm not the only one unhappy with these changes, dear developers, please click design changes for those who loved the old design, and does not want to change it . After all, there is a button "to hide the design sheets", displaying only mine. Why not do the same, but for a profile? Thank you. Sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language ...
1090739 words, 3363 pages, 199 chapters, 17 hours and 14 minutes, 8 movies, 7 books, 1 story.
Oct 18, 2015 4:57 AM

Jun 2014
:3
Oct 18, 2015 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
So i guess there is no hope to get stats on top and "edit" button under the recent updates. Admins shouldn't post these update topics when they're not gonna listen. Just make changes and let everyone complain in spam forum. I hate my profile page.

alpha_shadow said:

+1
Oct 18, 2015 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
Ok.. I'm starting to like this new design.

Oct 18, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2013
^ Nice one
Oct 18, 2015 5:07 AM

Jul 2012
The new design is fine except the placement of the stats. It should be on top of the page. Besides, I don't like how watching, completed, on-hold, dropped, plan to watch is all placed into one bar. It is better imo to place them in several bars like the previous design. Favorite and characters should be like how they were, which is on the left and without that annoying arrow. The current "Last Anime Updates" and the left side of the profile page looks fine. I would prefer some kind of mix between the old and new style.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 18, 2015 5:26 AM

Aug 2008
GosuGian said:

Sure, who needs a functional, neat and logical layout when you can put bigger pictures. Now that's what websites are all about, banners and shit.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 18, 2015 6:15 AM

Feb 2011
Vaixell said:
"When I first see the new design I thought it was shit, but now I think it's pretty nice."
Good for you! But the more I look at that horrible accident called "modern design" the more I hate it. I hated it in the first place and I will never "get used to it". When people say they're getting used to something, it means that they don't like it but try to live with it. But why excactly do I hate the update? Well..

- For "small" resolutions the design is more than just contraproductive. I can't see shit. I don't even see the buttons for my lists! http://i.imgur.com/kJUUvxw.png
- The "About me". Why is that thing above my stats? What does it have to do with them? Move them before the comments.
-- Yeah, you can make cool banners! And really, that's a cool idea but here we go again with small resolutions! http://i.imgur.com/95FGBQV.png As you can see, you can see nothing. Great.
- The links to my lists. Why are they where they are now? Why is there where they were a link to edit my profily now? I don't need this. I want quick access to my lists, that's what this site is about! Lists!
- Those ugly colors for that ratio bar. I don't have a problem with this bar in general, but I cannot stand these colors. They don't fit. If they change to soft shades of blue, I'll actually like the new stats.
- Last Updates. I like the idea of a progress bar. But it looks like shit. I saw a pretty neat idea on making the bars look better. It was like this: http://i.imgur.com/yxjhe1z.png
- The pixelated graphics. Whoever mades this, I wanna punch you in the throat. No, this is not a browser bug! It looked fine before the update! Now, after that, it's shit. Yeah, Firefox' fault, and I am the king of fucking China! Some high as fuck idiot thought it would be a good idea to change the way graphics are being scaled down for no apparent reason. Most say "Change for the sake of change", and yeah, that's it. It's dumb.
- I don't read manga. The non-existent stats steal space. This is not okay. (But yeah, that was already a problem before the new design.)
- The favorites. Good, we can have ten for everything now. Good, the additional ones are hidden! Great idea!.. Stop doing drugs, it's dumb. I want my favorites on the left side, not in the middle of everything, that's clusterfuck. Also, I don't have manga favs, and no people favs, so they steal space again. Looks really nice!
- Friends. I quote hundrets of users now: "This is not fucking facebook." Move that under the clubs or something like that.
- RSS feeds. I don't know a single person who uses that shit. And I don't think anyone wants user feeds. They are useless.

Fix your shit.

agree on most, expecially the low resolution one, i'm in the same boat
luckily i'll never have to "get used" to that horror, cause i'm using scripts to have the stats on top and changing the colored bars with colors better suited to be looked at

like this:

the list of scripts to do that is here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1440057
ZeandoOct 18, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 18, 2015 6:15 AM

Mar 2009
An expand arrow was added because many users resisted the idea of favorites increasing in the suggestions thread and because the expanded section is quite long. The arrow was the best compromise between users that wanted more favorites and users that did not.

If people don't want more favourites couldn't they just, not add more favourites? Like adding a feature that people want is great and all but implementing it in a way no one's going to use makes it pointless.

Adding the ability to customize your profile template, like you can with your panel, would fix 90% of these complaints people have.

Expand arrows are still shit though.
Oct 18, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2013
we social media now?

Oct 18, 2015 6:17 AM

May 2008
Okay so I think my main issues are:
-The links to the lists are in a stupid place. They could be there, sure, but I think they should also be next to each list's status box. So next to the "anime stats" header, there should be a small link to the user's anime list, for example.
-I still hate the colour scheme and think it looks messy as fuck. Change the non-blue colours in the bars to different shades of blue and it'd be better.
Oct 18, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2014
Antanaru said:
GosuGian said:

Sure, who needs a functional, neat and logical layout when you can put bigger pictures. Now that's what websites are all about, banners and shit.

Some of you really need to lighten up. This change isn't that serious or earth-shattering.
Oct 18, 2015 6:41 AM

Mar 2014
Zeando said:
luckily i'll never have to "get used" to that horror, cause i'm using scripts to have the stats on top and changing the colored bars with colors better suited to be looked at

like this:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1439200&show=50#msg42672597

Using scripts isn't an option for me. It only changes the layout for yourself, that's like I lie to myself. The new design is crap, and even if I use a ton of scripts, it still is. And to be honest, those scripts aren't a solution, just a complicated workaround. I rather live with that profile as it is now and complain about it, but that's just me and I understand why people use these scripts, though.
Oct 18, 2015 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
Antanaru said:
GosuGian said:

Wouldn't do for us all to like the same, chief.
Neat and logical sounds boring to me. I like having the opportunity to get a bit creative in photoshop.

And to eccho aikaflip above, some of you guys are getting way too serious about this.

(I think GosuGian's profile looks great btw)
Oct 18, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2008
Vaixell said:
Zeando said:

like this:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1439200&show=50#msg42672597

Using scripts isn't an option for me. It only changes the layout for yourself, that's like I lie to myself. The new design is crap, and even if I use a ton of scripts, it still is. And to be honest, those scripts aren't a solution, just a complicated workaround. I rather live with that profile as it is now and complain about it, but that's just me and I understand why people use these scripts, though.

They should just give us option to use whichever layout we prefer
Oct 18, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2015
Loving the new style ♥
Oct 18, 2015 6:47 AM

Mar 2014
Uncrowned_King said:
They should just give us option to use whichever layout we prefer

+1 Simplest solution.
Oct 18, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
push0 said:
List updates do not need them either. Makes the profile look too messy and uneven.
I agree. I would take the List Updates from profiles and move them to the History tab. Right now, that area is just too busy; there's so much to take in. If it was just Anime/Manga stats side by side and then favourites below, that would be tidier. The loss of convenience would be, in my opinion, minimal.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 18, 2015 6:58 AM
Mar 2013
Is there some motive to drive users away from the site? Is this site too costly to maintain?
Oct 18, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
My opinion:

• First of all, kudos on the new 'Also Available at' box :D

• You shouldn't have sanded off the edges on all the buttons, it looks out of sync with the rest of the site now. I kinda' liked that pseudo-basic html look... :(

• I don't know if it's just my new display screen, but things (meaning the new buttons and all) look too bright now. I would have preferred a slightly less saturated shade of blue.

• The arrows!!!! Why don’t you put the whole About Me in a spoiler then? That arrow is ugly! >m<

• The Stat bars might look better if they were all thinner, like threads running the whole length of the page, but that's just my vision. Also, the colour code index should've been square, seeing as how the entire site is all lines and angles. And maybe only shades of blue...

• Negative compatibility? How’s that even possible? Either you’re partly compatible or not at all; there isn’t anything like negative or even full compatibility.

• I don’t know why people are whining about the Friends List. It’s just in a more immediately visible spot now that it doesn’t have its own tab ( -_- )

• Give me back the old Favourites style.... There's so much space being wasted to the left, it hurts my eyes ;_; But everything has 10 slots now! XD

• Com-to-Com sounded a lot better than Conversation.

• While I'm on the topic, might I suggest that the top three bars (the two universal bars on top and the third page-specific light blue bar) be made to extend to the extreme edges of the pages like the blue bar/box at the bottom? That way, the format would look like a 'I' (right now, it's an upside down T ). You can put all your ads on either side of the page while the page data would be centre-screen.

I guess that's it... I know this is all mostly negative, but I can’t think of any more positives (it’s easier to criticise than to appreciate, they say). Feel free to use my ideas, whatever few I gave ( • ‿-)

Living more lively than me who is alive
The tears of this morning sun, are soaking through my heart
Oct 18, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2014
Skrik said:
Atleast make an option to revert to the old design. This one is god awful.
this
:3
Oct 18, 2015 7:50 AM

Nov 2013
I'm getting used to it.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Pages (50) « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

299 by Happosama »»
1 minute ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Sep 12

105 by RED-clover12 »»
12 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

124 by Chronowarp »»
Sep 10, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.