Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2015 6:31 PM
Mar 2011
Too bad, I was actually cheering for Gotou to regenerate and understand that he was allowed to live
Mar 18, 2015 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
The manga did have problems, but it was 20 years ago, and the mangaka isn't really that great himself either, it's the premise and the themes that are rarely seen at the time captured everyone's attention. One of the reasons it's a half-ass adaptation is that the production team doesn't factor that in, doing just a straight adaptation is not adequate enough to meet modern standards, not to mention they made some of the changes that remove some of the charm the series has, but it's just the artist speaking, it's a business after all, the live-action movie has the same problems, but it's modern Japanese cinema, there's no expectations to speak of.

Remember the old days when the industry still made good manga adaptations wholeheartedly not just a shameless cash crab even though some of the source materials were average in their own right? Like Gunslinger Girl (the 1st season exclusively), and Koi Kaze? Plantees (great source material and the adaptation is debatable but still a good one)? 2003-2004 is some of the best year for manga adaptations.

Go Pollution!
raveninthemuddleMar 18, 2015 7:13 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:00 PM

Jun 2013
That was an intense fight!
I'm glad that Migi is back, although I'm not surprised. He's so cute. c:
Shinichi was lucky to stab a weapon with toxin into Gotou's weak spot.
I thought Shinichi will spare Gotou, but he changed his mind at the last second.
Looking forward to finale next week.
Mar 18, 2015 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
Gravaged said:
This episode compounds a problem that has been consistent throughout the show. Whenever a character in this anime poses the question, "What makes the actions of parasites any different from those of humans?", thus likening the parasites' predation on humans to the industrial slaughter of animals, the audience is expected to accept that these practices are equivalent (not in magnitude, but in principle). I think that's a reasonable deduction.

However, the author/director also expects that we--you and me, as human beings--not be disturbed by the fact that members of our own species are being preyed upon simply because predator-prey behavior is natural. Such rhetoric isn't going to fly with me, and for two reasons: One, it's casuistry. Two, we are social beings. I directly benefit from and am dependent upon the collective prosperity of my fellow humans. Of course I am going to eradicate the presence of a natural predator, because it poses an immediate threat to my survival and to my prosperity. I would expect the same of everyone posting in this forum.

For Shinichi to have any qualms about killing Gotou is completely, entirely, and wholly nonsensical. Depending upon the outcome of the final episode, my initial rating for this show may have just been knocked down a point or two.

My sentiments exactly. I was going to articulate my frustrations with the generic battle-shounen, suicidal stupidity, and discursive/absurd touchy-feely monologues, but I don't see the point. It all felt too hamfisted for me to take seriously, even Migi's return and Shinichi's lugubrious reaction.

Hopefully the finish is strong...
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:51 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Wait, did Shinichi just go on about how it wasn't his place to decide Gotou's fate and then turn around and kill him anyway?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 18, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
wheresthehandle said:
Wait, did Shinichi just go on about how it wasn't his place to decide Gotou's fate and then turn around and kill him anyway?

Yes, because Migi told him that it is stupid to think about what is the best for earth overall.

Sadly, but this episode disappointed me. Beside being glad that Migi is back I found the end part -week Gutu and all the humanity talk- not good.
You can't think that maybe he should not be killed because he is striving to live and humans have been killing the earth.
He is a killing machine, without any feeling and have killed hundreds of innocents. Death is a fair punishment. I am glad he decided to kill him by the end or that would've really pissed me.

Last episode, hope they reveal how did the parasites exist from the first time. And I hope Shenchi tells his father about Migi and EVERYTHING else. I hope the last episode will turn well, because I don't want to reduce my rating from 10 to who knows what for an annoying ending to a great show.

Gravaged said:
This episode compounds a problem that has been consistent throughout the show. Whenever a character in this anime poses the question, "What makes the actions of parasites any different from those of humans?", thus likening the parasites' predation on humans to the industrial slaughter of animals, the audience is expected to accept that these practices are equivalent (not in magnitude, but in principle). I think that's a reasonable deduction.

However, the author/director also expects that we--you and me, as human beings--not be disturbed by the fact that members of our own species are being preyed upon simply because predator-prey behavior is natural. Such rhetoric isn't going to fly with me, and for two reasons: One, it's casuistry. Two, we are social beings. I directly benefit from and am dependent upon the collective prosperity of my fellow humans. Of course I am going to eradicate the presence of a natural predator, because it poses an immediate threat to my survival and to my prosperity. I would expect the same of everyone posting in this forum.

For Shinichi to have any qualms about killing Gotou is completely, entirely, and wholly nonsensical. Depending upon the outcome of the final episode, my initial rating for this show may have just been knocked down a point or two.

Totally agreeing with you. Also I believe certain people deserve to die because they didn't value other's life.
Underestimating the value of other's life (i.e. killing innocents) is the only sin that should be punished with death, as they are technically not any different than the parasites.
HakayaMar 18, 2015 7:25 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:25 PM

Dec 2013
wheresthehandle said:

Yes, as I recall. Both MCs changed their minds after the rhapsodic philosophical rambling - ughh. Funny how there was no moral ambivalence when Gatou was committing wholesale slaughter on the villagers >_> I'm one who really goes for this kind of shit too, but the execution was just...off. With the big boss out of the way though, I have a feeling the last ep returns to its roots *fingers crossed*
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:28 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:26 PM
Apr 2010
Gravaged said:

I agree with you 100%. I can understand why Shinichi had sympathy for Reiko in her final moments, she was capable of reasoning and experiencing emotions. She wasn't a mere manslaughter machine like Gotou was. She somewhat became “human”.

Plus, when you think about it, parasites do not have predator, just like humans in the real world. In the long term, I believe the parasites would be much more damaging to the ecosystem because they would most likely and eventually run out of humans to kill. Then what? They become extinct because they’ve run out of prey. Sure, humans also kill other animals, and pollute the planet, and so on and so forth. But we are aware of the fact that our way of living is damaging our ecosystem and we’re trying our best to “protect” it–not saving it–regardless of our actions. Parasites don’t give a shit about ensuring the sustainability of their ecosystem, they’re born to kill.

The author tried to raise existential questions that are worth asking, however failed at making them relevant as far as the plot is concerned. They’ve been trying to kill Gotou for what? 5 episodes? Shinichi's hesitation at the end was irritating and pointless.

I gave a 10 for the show but this episode made me want to drop it down. I’ll wait for the last episode to decide whether I change it or not, but it would be a shame that such a good story is ruined by pointless and irrelevant pseudo-philosophical questions.
Mar 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
I still think on the basis of screen time, Reiko has been the best character in this series.
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:50 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh MIGI IS BACK!! THE TRUE HERO IS BACK ^^ I LOVE YOU MIGI ;)
Mar 18, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
Is this how the manga goes? Because this was such a shitty development/way to handle stuff, it astounishes me o.o
Oh well, it's Madhouse so I guess they are following the source material to the letter. Meh episode, totaly lost any interest to see the end.
Mar 18, 2015 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
LOAD said:
Had to watch the last half twice to get ahold of what actually happened. I guess I'm in the minority when I say that the end to this parasite vs human conflict was well done.

Flawfinder said:
The theme that the world is beautiful and humans pollute the earth and whether they deserve to be weeded out

I strongly believe that interpretation of the theme or 'underlying' message of anything is up to any viewer

Yes, and I didn't quite get the message you saw at first. It's been clarified to me by some colleagues of mine since.

LOAD said:

I interpreted it as 0 actual environmental preaching and that this series is really about survival as the most prominent aspect of human life.

That's a better message than the environmental one, but it's still nothing all that new at the end of the day. Granted, the show does do something different with that theme than, say, Nausicaa, so I guess in retrospect this episode was pretty decent. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of the previous episodes (particularly the majority of the middle section) really play into that "survival" theme very well. It's kind like how despite Death Note's ultimate goal is that you're not supposed to support Light, the show ultimately had too much faffing about for the ending to save it.
FlawfinderMar 18, 2015 8:49 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 18, 2015 7:56 PM
May 2010
kliang96 said:
Dat epic fusion!

Wasn't really explained how Migi ended up in Gotou or how we was able to detach and reatach to Shinichi. I guess we can assume based on Migi's prior actions...

I believe that was also how Reiko fought, when she detached and reattached, but yeah how was Migi able to enter Gotou?
Mar 18, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
lol that asspull when Migi came back
It wasn't really an asspull. We knew he was alive in the last ep.
Mar 18, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2014
This is the reason why I was worried that Madhouse was going to perfectly adapt this. The ending. The moral of this great and dramatic story is.. Don't pollute Earth. That's a really shitty moral, for this type of story at least.

You could've gone multiple directions here, but no, you just go and turn this into Captain Planet.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 18, 2015 9:24 PM

Feb 2014
The ending fight was simply fairly disappointing. You have creatures that can morph into almost anything and the fights have been more or less the same the entire series. I loved the series at the start but its been fading away for a while now. Hope we at least get a satisfying last episode.

I agree with the above poster, sometimes 100% faithful adaptions are not always the best.
Mar 18, 2015 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
Welcome back Migi!! We missed ya buddy~!
Mar 18, 2015 9:40 PM

Feb 2015
holy shit talk about anti hype. Gotou not only looked like Youpi from HXH he also died similar as well and freakin Migi got to come back ;a;
Mar 18, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2014
I quite enjoyed this episode, in particular Shinichi's inner struggles. I initially thought that the whole "never give up thing" was over the top, but I really liked how Shinichi vacillated between perseverance and submission even with the old woman's advice fresh in his mind. That is a very human reaction and I really empathized with the feeling. Similarly I found Shinichi's struggle over whether or not to kill Gotou very interesting. This idea that Shinichi has gained an extra respect for the value of life because of all of the death around him seems very natural. So it was interesting to see this new found appreciation for life, of all kinds, played out. He had no good option and in the end made the right call. Had I been in the same circumstance I think I would have waited until the last second before Gotou regenerated before I killed him. That way you have at least a 50 percent chance that Gotou wouldn't need to be killed. You could save yourself some inner struggles if it turned out you didn't need to kill him after. I'm looking forward to next week, there are a lot of different ways to wrap things up. I am curious how they will choose to end it.
Mar 18, 2015 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
That was an intense fight.

Izumi really put up a good struggle for being a one armed human.

When Migi gave him that lighter I was actually expecting him to lure Gotou onto the trash and burn him alive...since the Old Lady said that the trash had caught fire and almost burned the mountain down once. It seemed like relatively useless shit to say unless Shinichi was going to make use of it...but I was wrong.

The toxic spike was kind of clever though.

Everyone said it was rushed and meh...but like wtf did you want? Izumi is a human who can only take like 2 regular hits from Gotou before death, and Gotou is a parasite monster who can run faster than a car if he wanted to. That fight really couldn't be some prolonged Frieza fight, I'm sorry.

That inner monologue in Shinichi's head pissed me off. I was like WTF are you doing dumbass!? You sound just like Hirokawa! Then it turns out he was imagining it...thank god.

Barion-Zara said:
I wonder what the last ep will be about?? Are all Parasites extinct now?

I was wondering that too. The story is pretty much over. But as someone else mentioned and it caught my eye...the only unresolved plot piece left is the escaped Uragami.
Mar 18, 2015 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
This episode is summarized in ramblings of the protagonist, Shinichi thought about life, death, the planet, the forms of life, the good and the bad, and finally almost made a bad choice, I would be very angry if he did not kill the parasite

Well, just missing another episode, I'm very anxious and I hope that Shinichi has no more absurd thoughts ..
Mar 18, 2015 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
Knew something similar was going to happen.
Migi just pops in, reattaches to shinichis arm and is like "yo"

Shinichi wounds Gouto ~> freak accident/coincidence that the stick was "poisoned" him ~> causing Migi to be freed because of Goutos internal conflict ~> Migi kills Gouto-the-OP-velociraptor in one strike

BUT WAIT!! Gouto is strong enough to try to revive himself by pulling together the exploded cells ~> Migi about to destroy Goutos remnants ~> Migi decides "meh. nevermind. from a human perspective (as if ive given a fuck in the past) this would be murder. you take care of it" ~> Shinichi "shit whatever, i got this bro." about to destroy rest of Gouto. ~> Shinichi in deep thought ~> Shinichi "aw fuck forget it, i changed my mind too. he can have his '50/50' chance" ~> walks away in woods ~> Shinichi "ah hell this motherfucking velociraptor gotta die" ~> finishes Gouto with rusty machete.

God that was painful, but glad it finally happened. Now what to do last episode? finally tell Murano wth's going on?
Mar 18, 2015 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
Gymkata said:
I still think on the basis of screen time, Reiko has been the best character in this series.

I can never reiterate enough how much I miss her existence of experimentation and learning about humanity. ;~;
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 18, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
I think Gotou might be one of the only major antagonists out there literally defeated with a stick
Mar 18, 2015 10:10 PM
Nov 2014
Mormegil said:
I wonder why Shinichi changed his mind at the end. With how he was going back and forth in his mind, I don't think even he knew if he made the right decision.

Anyway, yay Migi is alive!

Well think about it if Gotou revive himself, the villagers (including the old lady who saved Shinichi) would probably get killed... And considering how many people get killed in the past it just doesn't leave Shinichi any choice even though he would like to walk away.
Mar 18, 2015 10:38 PM

Dec 2013
Protaku94 said:
I think Gotou might be one of the only major antagonists out there literally defeated with a stick

I thought it a metal pipe?
Mar 18, 2015 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
Flawfinder said:
That's a better message than the environmental one, but it's still nothing all that new at the end of the day.
Well, maybe that's because the series isn't new, on the contrary. The story was written in the late 80s/early 90s and paved the way for quite a handful of works in the manga/anime industry.
Mar 18, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Although I didn't dislike it, I just felt very little excitement or suspense throughout this final battle. I mean it was enjoyable, but just nowhere near as gripping as the battles in the first half of the series. The flashbacks to that old woman made me cringe, random hag is more of an inspiration to him than his dead mother, Kana, or Murano. Migi's return goes without saying, it was fairly expected that he would come back somehow. His decisions were very pragmatic this episode although the friendship speech last episode kind of ruined his logical return to Shinichi. I'm at least glad that they put the idea of Migi contemplating staying in Gotou into the air. I could sort of understand Shinichi's struggle to spare or kill Gotou, but I wasn't sold on it considering the extreme situation.

"Humans are the poison, parasites are the cure." Kiseijuu brings out some interesting themes about the value of life on a holistic level. I liked the point about how parasites were being hunted because they were harmful to humans, yet humans are the most harmful to Earth in its entirety. At times it does seem like these themes are randomly jammed in, however, and started to feel a bit preachy and irrelevant to what was going on.
Mar 18, 2015 11:28 PM

Nov 2012
this was... underwhelming. all of the fight and migis return. and the whole moral talk was just stupid, especially since in the end shinichi killed gotou anyway.
Mar 18, 2015 11:51 PM
Oct 2010
Not sure why people hated his thoughts at the end there. The only reason he had them was his interactions with Reiko. One thing people are overlooking is the communication gap between humans and the organisms they affect. When something can't give its opinion, beg for its life or any of that, it's easy to straight up slaughter it. However with Reiko, he heard the other side of the story, I mean sure they could have gone for a different theme, but given what has happened throughout the show, what would they go with?
GD1551Mar 19, 2015 12:06 AM
Mar 19, 2015 12:05 AM

Sep 2014
I miss Tamura Reiko
Mar 19, 2015 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
So was that an asspull or what.. can someone clarify that whole migi situation because i would just like to know, 1 why was migi even with gutou in the first place why did gotou let him on and 2 how did the scattered cells in shinichi know to re attach migi when they cant even respon to izumi.. idk someone explain it to me because im very confused.
Mar 19, 2015 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
hmm okay..
but if migi's stay dead, it's gonna be better, for me tho
dunno but I gonna reduce the score
still good tho
Mar 19, 2015 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty expected for Migi to come back, but I don't mind that it was predictable.
Awesome episode! Not sure how it will all be wrapped up in one episode, though.
Mar 19, 2015 12:43 AM
Nov 2014
Glad to see best girl migi is still alive and kicking asses.

Shinichi made the right decision at the end tho.

Next week ''Parasyte'' can't wait for the finale.
Mar 19, 2015 1:23 AM

Sep 2013
OMG, Migi being alive is NOT an asspull. It's a twist. Learn the difference. Considering the 2 events are like ONE chapter apart, it's obvious that the twist was planned beforehand. It's also obvious that Gotou assimilated Migi when she was on the verge of death. He could completely control every parasyte he absorbed so why would he think that Migi be any different? She did not resist because her survival instincts compelled her to allow the assimilation and also because it was a way to get back to Shinichi.
Mar 19, 2015 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, maybe he would've "died" if it weren't for all them toxins. So Migi meant it that he wasn't going to see Shin again, but luckily he messed up that body. Looking forward to the finale, although already have read the manga, it's gonna be great seeing that beautiful ending again.
Mar 19, 2015 2:20 AM
Mar 2013
I always thought Gotou was going to die from the rust on the cleaver or that Shinichi would start a fire and hold Gotou in place thus killing them both, but instead it was toxins from the trash heap. Then again, technically it was Migi who delivered the true fatal blow by destroying Gotou's vital organs. Either way, his death reminds me of War of the Worlds where the aliens die due to Earth's microbes.

Two known Parasites are left now. Migi and Uragami's one.

I want to know where their spores came from in the first place. Hopefully the last episode reveals that.

It is also strange how this anime focused on the Parasite's instinct to devour humans and not consider reproducing, since they are portrayed as being so primal in their underlaying thought process.
Naga_SageMar 19, 2015 2:26 AM
Mar 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Dec 2014
lol that "rebellion parasitic cells" tho.
Mar 19, 2015 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
Sakuhanna said:
lol that "rebellion parasitic cells" tho.

Anarchy Party in Gotou EVERYBODY!

Ayy why is it so cold all of a sudden?

We are outside Gotou?

How can this be real?

Where are our real eyes?

MIGI AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

But seriously rebellion parastitic cells; thats some super serious quality writing ;)
Mar 19, 2015 3:15 AM

Jan 2011
I thought for sure that Gotou would die in a fire.
Mar 19, 2015 3:26 AM

May 2013
Gotou looks pretty badass, but too bad Migi is back. Boom, explosion!
What will happen now to Shinichi and Migi after all of this?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 19, 2015 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
Mixed feeling about this episode, leaning more towards the negative.
Fight was meh, very slow, basically nothing happened.
it ended with a deus ex machina moment to with the re-bar just happening to have a kind of cyanide crated by illegal trash dumping and its burning. Really? they could have made it a fight Shinichi wins by hos own power as an enhanced sort of human but instead its about the toxins. Plus how Migi came back? More dues ex machina. I didn't think he was gone for goo but that as poorly handled.
Then the ecosystem rant? the heck was that> I was worried the whole show had boiled down to a commentary on how humans are treating the planet! Which isnt inaccurate to that part of the episode but was entirely unnecessary, or at least too long. A then he kill shim anyway. What the heck?
How are they going to wrap all this up? Tease another season maybe?
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Mar 19, 2015 3:49 AM

May 2013
Next week. Oh gosh, can't believe this show is over.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 19, 2015 4:20 AM

May 2013
Now that is the face of a Parasyte. Gotou is pretty ugly, yet it suites him quite well being a monster.
When Migi came back to Shinichi's arm, I got pretty excited. I feel relieved a lot after seeing him again. Smart of Migi to stay inside Gotou just to rejuvenate a little.
The toxins of that iron rod made Gotou unstable long enough for Migi to do a clean cut on the neck.
Finally, he gets to go back home. Final episode next week!
Mar 19, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
MIGI!
Mar 19, 2015 4:40 AM
Jul 2018
I was about to write: "So you will endanger your father's life and your own just to let him live?". Of corse I understand his feelings from a "global perspective" but I think he did the right thing. After all, I would do the same thing to protect my family and the ones I love.
Mar 19, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
I havent read the manga so I am only speculating but hear is what I think.
First why is evryone saying that Gotou is dead ?
Shinichi might have only seperated his head from the other parasytes and let him live on in his own body.
He might be Shinichis right hand now or he could be living in a different part of him.
As for the ending...hmmm I dot know how it will satisfy the watchers, reagarding the other characters that were left out. But I hope its not just a ending for shinichi but for all of tham.
Btw did anypne ever tought that in case Migi ,for exempel doesnt age, can be tranfered from one generation to another, so the author or other authors could make spinoffs with that idea in mind : ).
Mar 19, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2014
This was too expected
I guess my expectations were too high, which made me disappointed in this finale
sigh....................
Well, i hope the last ep will make it give me a 9
Mar 19, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
Excellent episode. Great fight. Knew Migi would come back and all. But now my prediction that Murano would die and the Anime'd have a sad ending is gone. Let's see how it concludes.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

237 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

657 by Zofsito »»
Jun 2, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.