Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2015 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
average ep
Feb 18, 2015 4:28 PM

May 2014
Damn, I had so much expectation for this ep. I knew that he wouldn't be caught, but I expected some more drama. well, too bad. Anygays, it were still a nice ep. The detective are suspicious of him. I smell we come closer to a point where Shinichi's true identity gets revealed. ^^

Hhah, I loved that serial killer. hahah, what a creep. LOL Damn, killing people for fun, he is almost at a parasyte's level. LOL And damn he knew that Shinichi were a parasyte. Or at least he saw it first. Damn, he almost got caught.

mangalicker94 said:
Damn, I had so much expectation for this ep. I knew that he wouldn't be caught, but I expected some more drama. well, too bad. Anygays, it were still a nice ep. The detective are suspicious of him. I smell we come closer to a point where Shinichi's true identity gets revealed. ^^

Hhah, I loved that serial killer. hahah, what a creep. LOL Damn, killing people for fun, he is almost at a parasyte's level. LOL And damn he knew that Shinichi were a parasyte. Or at least he saw it first. Damn, he almost got caught.

Sparteh said:
I have a question to those who read manga. Does anime fallow it closely?

I am not that sure, but yeah I think so. Usually when I have too much freetime, I go through the animated chapters very fast. The only shocking and good thing is that Murano is much more beautiful and cute in the anime than the original in the manga. But yeah as far as I know they follow the manga very close.

Vellamo said:
Smudy said:

You can't expect all kinds of action every episode.

Yea it takes a lot of effort, they are humans too.

Nice episode, I like when Murano hit Shinici on his head. And that criminal guy is terrible, his flashbacks made me sick.

what are ya talking about. He is creepy and epic. hahah, I laughed when he stabbed the woman. LOLZ

mrdkreka said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

hm. if the Xrays show that lady didnt have a skull, why didnt they Xray shinichi and see there are no bones in his right arm?

Why would they? They know his head isn't a parasyte, and as far as they know a parasyte only replace the head, they aren't aware that a hybrid can exist.

that's also true. But I smell that we go closer and closer to the point where they find his true identity. This is not a spoiler or anything like that. only a thought from my side. So don't kill me guys. :P

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Suzune-chanFeb 21, 2015 9:22 AM
Feb 18, 2015 4:37 PM

Dec 2014
In the manga the swat team only equipped with bump-action shotguns and apparently also ARs for no reason, but thanks to the advanced weaponry we have today everyone got a fucking AA12, MAKE SHIT BOIL.

Mac wants a Flamethrower!
Mac wants a what!?
Nice "The Thing" reference. I hope that would come back later cause I really want to see parasite on fire.

Officer: Can you spot them?
Shinchi: I don't know. They all look like cheap CGI to me.
raveninthemuddleFeb 18, 2015 5:17 PM
Feb 18, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
So he's the one from the first episode! I was pretty surprised, I almost forgot about that scene. Lol it's kinda sad the one crime he didn't commit is the one that landed him in jail...

Liked that scene where shinichis friends see his scar

Wait I just realized.... 5 episodes left? How is this going to end? Is there going to be a second season? Manga readers, is there enough material for a second season?
laputiaFeb 18, 2015 4:44 PM
Feb 18, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2013
Another really good episode! But all these cliffhangers are killing me!
Feb 18, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
Things are getting more and more interesting. The last 7-8 episodes have been packed with thrills like Hunter x Hunter was during the CA palace invasion.
Feb 18, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2007
I need to point out the fact that I will really miss the "Preview" part of this anime. Those sketches and opera echoes are intriguing if nothing else!

The only downside of this anime are those chaep CGI. Seriously, I prefer hand-drawn still people in the background 100 times more over these Plastic Graphics. Why does studios want to do such cheap things like CGI? We need to watch and admire Shirobako to understand it. I think no studio does background people anywhere near as good as Kyoto Animation.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2015 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
Murano always seem to find a way to ruin the ep, as per.

I really hope next episode is full blown action, these cliffhangers are really starting to stack up...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 18, 2015 6:18 PM

Mar 2014
It's not a question of if people will die next episode, just how many since this plan seems pretty dangerous. Perhaps they'll put all the parasites in 1 bus then blow it up?
Feb 18, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
Average considering the standards set earlier in the series (even the setup episodes beforehand were more interesting).

The past few episodes have gone at a weird pace, I'm not as anxious in waiting for following episodes as I was in the first half of the series. Hopefully next week makes up for it.
Feb 18, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2013
So nothing bad happened between Shinichi and Uragami. We get a little bit of the past of Uragami in his perspective. It seems that the sight of mauled humans doesn't surprise him. That guy with the scar reeks of bad news. I can tell he's planning something preposterous with the look on his face.

The police force have finally made their move. This is so exciting! The thrill of it is such a destroyer of bad vibes. I'm looking forward to Shinichi's actions, as well as Hirama's conclusions on how to deal with these Parasytes. As expected, Mayor Hirokawa is the last boss Parasyte to be dealt with. I'm still not sure if Gotou will show up to join in.
Feb 18, 2015 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Shinichi really got out of that one.
Just when it was getting good it had to end.
Feb 18, 2015 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, quite sentimentality and a good development, finally the humans begin to combat the parasites, but I think the outcome of this battle will not be good

Every time an episode of this anime ends, I think: 'wow and now?'
This plot is really very good ..
Feb 18, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2011
Will this anime finish the entire manga or will there be a second season?
Feb 18, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2014
I am really loving this anime Shinchi is an amazing main character and the fight is going to be amazing. It may be build up at the moment but it is still working perfectly and I just love it <3 btw are you routing for humans, parasites or just for shinchi.
Feb 18, 2015 8:15 PM

Feb 2012
Vexper said:
Murano always seem to find a way to ruin the ep, as per.

I think you're just bitching for the sake of it.
Feb 18, 2015 8:15 PM
May 2010
Such a shame that only 5 episodes left despite being one of the best out there. With its coherent plot and plot twists, very few can beat. Yeah... anime these days is all bout fan service and stupid fillers.... It also has a lot potential to develop into something very dark as we see at first when Shinichi became desensitized and when he saw the scary Migi in his dream.
jimmy2027Feb 18, 2015 8:20 PM
Feb 18, 2015 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
So many damn cliffhangers >.<
Feb 18, 2015 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
lilypippili said:
Wait I just realized.... 5 episodes left? How is this going to end? Is there going to be a second season? Manga readers, is there enough material for a second season?
Nope. It will end this season. There's enough episodes for it to finish. I'll assume that they'll do 1 more episode on where it's at (Aka mayor place) and the last 4 episodes will be the final parts. Episode ended near the end of Chapter 52. There's 64 chapters.
TyrelFeb 18, 2015 8:44 PM
Feb 18, 2015 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
"I could've easily gone under 10 seconds". - you should have Shinichi.

Dat CGI was probably the only bad thing in this entire show besides Murano. Holy shit, I thought I was watching a different show for a second.

"quite a few parasytes in there". Plus that woman parasite at the end. I assume this is going to turn into a parasite massacre, or a war with the other parasytes just jumping out and slaughtering the swat team.
Feb 18, 2015 9:57 PM

Apr 2014
shinichi's face when that guy said there's only one heart lmfao

not that you can blame them for thinking that, but it sounds like they're hunting vampires.
Feb 18, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
now its getting serious....

Feb 18, 2015 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
what even was the point of murano's scene this episode?
the CGI looked quite ugly this episode.
Feb 18, 2015 11:33 PM
Apr 2014
Borgov said:
Will this anime finish the entire manga or will there be a second season?

entire manga
Feb 18, 2015 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
Unf, another cliffhanger. Next week should be a good one.
Feb 19, 2015 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
Uragami is a total psychopath and it's weird how he has abilities similar to Kana and yet Kana wasn't a mass murderer.

But anyhow THE BUILD UP. It has me so scared for whats coming up and Shinichi's resigned expressions just don't bode well
Feb 19, 2015 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
These cliffhangers will be the death of me i swear.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 19, 2015 1:24 AM
Oct 2013
This anime really knows when to cliffhang somebody, just enough for them to crave for next week.
Feb 19, 2015 1:59 AM

Mar 2014
This show is bad for my heart... :/

(Physically, I mean)
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 19, 2015 2:01 AM
May 2014
[quote=Wharrgarbl]
Craftworld_MM said:
They skipped the scene where Shinichi taps Murano,

You mean we may for once get to see an anime protagonist score? Or you mean he taps her on the head? -_-
Feb 19, 2015 2:45 AM

May 2014
lol
those plot-holes !!!!
damn it!!! the bad writing starts showing its ugly face, i had high hopes for this anime :/
And it turned out to be pretty generic :(
Feb 19, 2015 3:16 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was a trainwreck. CGI and terrible scenes/writing. Lowering from 10/10 to 9/10
Feb 19, 2015 3:51 AM
Nov 2014
Fuk cliffhanger mayne.
Feb 19, 2015 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
Nice ending
Feb 19, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2013
Shinichi returns to school and to Murano, but Hirama be like, "No. We need you."
I feel like a massacre is upon us. Hopefully, they really will use a flamethrower.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 19, 2015 5:36 AM

Aug 2014
Very nice episode. Shinichi made out by luck yet again, don't know what would've happened if Migi wasn't asleep. I really thought he was going to keep the baby, but... i guess it's too early for papa Shinichi, much less when the mother is Ryoko (which is a shame).

Figured Shinichi would actually try running this time, even though he still held back. How many meters was he running, by the way? It didn't really look like a 100, but it couldn't have been 50, since i take that for 6.9 seconds. Anyway, i really liked that scene where his shirt got removed, the awkwardness had a real impact, and it's really cool seeing how the guy who punched him around in earlier episodes is now protecting him in a way.

I hope the mayor dies, i really do. Gotou will be hard to put down, though. I don't understand one thing, though - if Hirama is suspicious of Izumi, why doesn't he just make him go through that scanner that detects only human parts? The jig would be up immediately. That thing's really handy, though. Wonder how they'll order the men to shoot at a ''normal woman''.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 19, 2015 5:40 AM

May 2014
Very Nice Episode
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Feb 19, 2015 5:48 AM

Dec 2014
Nice buildup episode. The woman parasite was probably just a decoy in order for the mayor to know if those are really police or the anti-parasite movement that they were suspecting of. Next week is going to be a great episode.
Feb 19, 2015 6:28 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode as always. As the Anime nears its end, I'm beginning to think that it just might have a good ending after all. Let's see how it goes.
Feb 19, 2015 6:30 AM
Feb 2013
What I don't understand is how did they pinpoint the parasytes were located in the City Hall?
Feb 19, 2015 7:00 AM

Feb 2013
Gorefest next week <3 Can't wait! Hnnngh. Only 5 episodes left.. Makes me sad :( Great episode though, nice build up and more character development!
Feb 19, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2015
Uragami's ability is exactly the same as Kana's -- he can detect parasites. However, he is under the false impression that what he can detect are murderers/"monsters", since he is a murderer/"monster" himself. He doesn't know about parasites, but perhaps he's heard rumors
Note that he's never actually seen a parasite in action, since he never approached them. Except once, where he was caught with the mangled body of a corpse, leading to his arrest.

Now I'll try connecting some dots here. Uragami must have stated in his defense that it wasn't he who murdered the victim. But he can't explain what he was doing in the crime scene at such an hour. He must have said that he can detect murderers/monsters, but of course no one believed him.
The police then investigated the crime scene more closely and concluded that the horribly mutilated corpse must have been a parasite's doing. So they suspected that Uragami might be a parasite. But this was immediately debunked using the hair test. So his "monster-detection" story became a bit more believable.

Any manga readers here to confirm this?

WAD1992 said:
lol
those plot-holes !!!!
damn it!!! the bad writing starts showing its ugly face, i had high hopes for this anime :/

Care to elaborate, sir?
supracseduchFeb 19, 2015 7:42 AM
Feb 19, 2015 8:20 AM

May 2014
supracseduch said:
Uragami's ability is exactly the same as Kana's -- he can detect parasites. However, he is under the false impression that what he can detect are murderers/"monsters", since he is a murderer/"monster" himself. He doesn't know about parasites, but perhaps he's heard rumors
Note that he's never actually seen a parasite in action, since he never approached them. Except once, where he was caught with the mangled body of a corpse, leading to his arrest.

Now I'll try connecting some dots here. Uragami must have stated in his defense that it wasn't he who murdered the victim. But he can't explain what he was doing in the crime scene at such an hour. He must have said that he can detect murderers/monsters, but of course no one believed him.
The police then investigated the crime scene more closely and concluded that the horribly mutilated corpse must have been a parasite's doing. So they suspected that Uragami might be a parasite. But this was immediately debunked using the hair test. So his "monster-detection" story became a bit more believable.

Any manga readers here to confirm this?

WAD1992 said:
lol
those plot-holes !!!!

Care to elaborate, sir?

if they can use an X-ray to detect parasites , why did they rely on that dude to detect them ?? they could have don the same to chinichi :)
also, do u people know they just killed the MOST interesting character in the series ?? => wasted potential
^also the same for kana
The main villain is now the OP mayer => generic mush ??
also WTH with that random scene when the cop told him "we will win" and his gf reacted as if she figured EVERYTHING OUT IN A SECOND while being portrayed as an idiot the entire time!!! o.O
in any case this is just my opinion and tbh, this anime failed to live up to its expectations and of course MADHOUSE is partially to blame!!!
Feb 19, 2015 8:23 AM

Feb 2012
badgerkins said:
What I don't understand is how did they pinpoint the parasytes were located in the City Hall?

Well, the police knew that the mayor Hirokawa was a parasite, thanks to the detective.
They probably think he isn't alone, and therefore there are more parasites in the City Hall.
Feb 19, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
WAD1992 said:

if they can use an X-ray to detect parasites , why did they rely on that dude to detect them ?? they could have don the same to chinichi :)
also, do u people know they just killed the MOST interesting character in the series ?? => wasted potential
^also the same for kana
The main villain is now the OP mayer => generic mush ??
also WTH with that random scene when the cop told him "we will win" and his gf reacted as if she figured EVERYTHING OUT IN A SECOND while being portrayed as an idiot the entire time!!! o.O
in any case this is just my opinion and tbh, this anime failed to live up to its expectations and of course MADHOUSE is partially to blame!!!

The X-Ray is used to test for parasites from a distance. They didn't need to use it on Shinichi since they could just pull out a hair strand from him (and I believe they already did). Of course, they don't know about Migi, and they have no idea that a parasite can live on a hand instead of a head. So pulling out a hair strand from his hand wouldn't even occur to them, and they'd think X-Raying him would be unnecessary.

As for your other points:
Gotou is more OP than the mayor.

Hirama (the cop who shouted "we will win") is asking for Shinichi's help, and is encouraging him to help the cops. He is very interested in how deeply involved Shinichi is in everything.

I agree that Murano is quite poorly characterized. Kana and Reiko are leagues better than her. In the previous ep, she completely ignored the corpse of the woman she followed from Shinichi's house, and shouted something like "Shinichi, you're back!". wtf. And now, after being portrayed to be an idiot throughout the series, she looks like she figured stuff out and apparently will be attending university after graduation. So was she smart all along? Well, Madhouse could still save her characterization if they make it clear that she knows a lot about what's happening. Let's just hope they do.
Feb 19, 2015 9:02 AM
Feb 2013
Salce said:
badgerkins said:

Well, the police knew that the mayor Hirokawa was a parasite, thanks to the detective.
They probably think he isn't alone, and therefore there are more parasites in the City Hall.

Are you sure because I don't remember them finding that out. I'm sure Shinichi knew but didn't divulge it with the police. Why weren't they on the lookout for Hirokawa during the siege then?
Feb 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Mar 2013
Daaaaamn... I wanna watch the next episode right now!

Parasyte has been good pretty much the whole time, but I'm really liking where this is going.
Feb 19, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
badgerkins said:

Are you sure because I don't remember them finding that out. I'm sure Shinichi knew but didn't divulge it with the police. Why weren't they on the lookout for Hirokawa during the siege then?

That is one of the scene madhouse choose to cut, if you read chapter 44 you will get the answer, it is one of the many scenes madhouse have cut/changed, because they are doing one less 1 minute per episode compared to other anime, and 24 episodes instead of 25 :-/
Feb 19, 2015 9:39 AM
Feb 2015
I didn't think he will join to the police .
it's really very great episode .
I can't wait to see the next episode .
Feb 19, 2015 9:48 AM

Jan 2010
SHIKI FEELINGS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

211 by LuffyetWade »»
Jun 18, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

378 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 15, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

245 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 13, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

237 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 8, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

657 by Zofsito »»
Jun 2, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.