Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2008 12:27 PM
Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sudden confession...
Big "torch" misunderstanding...
Secrets being found out one after another...
Shana in tears, wow...

Yeah, agreed with the doctor...
It'll be very exciting...
Jun 30, 2008 2:16 AM

Mar 2008
yeah, this show moves me at times oddly
Jul 8, 2008 11:03 PM

Apr 2008
probably the best ep yet.

"I can't wait to see what happens next."

me neither.

Sep 6, 2008 1:06 PM

Aug 2008
Kiefferdenn said:
Sudden confession...
Big "torch" misunderstanding...
Secrets being found out one after another...
Shana in tears, wow...

Yeah, agreed with the doctor...
It'll be very exciting...

Can't wait what will happen, this is worth the watching and getting more intersting!
.....I'M NOT A PERFECT GIRL.....
Oct 7, 2008 10:27 PM

May 2008
great episode, dam shana was kawaii in that yukata...

but seriously, plot development out the wazoo! everyones figuring out that other people can move in the fuzetsu and weird crap... i obviously hope yuji reconciliates with shana, but thats a given i suppose. only a matter of time...
Jan 17, 2009 2:35 PM

Feb 2007
i feel so bad for shana

Feb 17, 2009 12:22 AM

Aug 2008
Ah the drama!!! I love it!! Hehehe.
Jun 5, 2009 8:11 PM

Dec 2008
lol talk about bad timing and misunderstandings.
Jun 18, 2009 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
By far the best episode yet, it was absolutely intense. All the good guys finally know about the others and flame haze are popping up everywhere.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 16, 2009 10:04 PM

Dec 2008
Very entertaining.
Aug 27, 2009 7:43 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like I missed an ep or something, 17 he tells her and everything. Then in 18 the at the celebration and he just magically knows that she knows?
Sep 19, 2009 6:10 AM
Dec 2008
enkil said:

lol exactly :P

next episode will be awesome :)
Oct 16, 2009 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
damn this was such a good ep *_*.
enkil said:

Nov 9, 2009 11:56 AM

Aug 2009
How could Yuji ditch Shana just like that??? Can't he see she loves him? That blind bastard.....

So far that's one of the most interesting eps. I've seen.... crazy doctor ;DD
Nov 24, 2009 5:26 AM
Nov 2009
LOL GOD DAMN SORRY FOR POSTING IN A OLD THREAD BUT WTF is Yujis problem? just ditching shana like that :( omfg.....
Jan 18, 2010 7:36 AM

Nov 2009
Yuji is getting on my nerves now..I feel sorry for shana :(. As for kazumi..i dont give a crap about her...seriously she is annoying me >< but its kinda sad from her point of view too.
Mar 2, 2010 10:54 PM

Jan 2010
Yuji is pissing me off. How can he go chasing after her to 'explain' when there is a fucking Tomogama that can exterminate the entire city?
Mar 4, 2010 6:33 PM

Dec 2009
good episode.
LOT of plot development in this one

i was amused and surprised when eita opened his eyes (lol). i had to pause when he did since i was filled with shock and a bit of laughter
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2010 5:48 AM

Jan 2010
RDX said:
Yuji is getting on my nerves now..I feel sorry for shana :(. As for kazumi..i dont give a crap about her...seriously she is annoying me >< but its kinda sad from her point of view too.

absolutely agree with you mhm :)
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
May 26, 2010 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
Poor Shana & Kazumi. & Poor Oga, she likes Eita but he likes Margery Daw.

Wooow @ him opening his eyes.
Oct 3, 2010 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
holy shit this is as surprising when brock opened his eyes
my mind is blown!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2010 1:52 AM

Aug 2010
This ona was kinda emotional - Shana bursting into tears? Yuuji, what have you done? Btw, now that Yoshida knows that Yuuji is a Torch, I hope that she'll leave him to Shana. They make a better couple ^^

Oct 28, 2010 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
insan3soldiern said:
By far the best episode yet, it was absolutely intense.

Not much more to say than this. Really great episode. So many interesting things going on and exciting developments~~

I wonder why Shana never tried to "tune" the city before like the new Flame Haze?
Nov 28, 2010 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
worst episode ever, poor shana and that dumbass Yuji , i wish i could punch him in the face, i literally insulted him over 500 times in this and 19 episodes
lots of music -
Dec 23, 2010 12:42 AM
Oct 2008
incisorr said:
worst episode ever, poor shana and that dumbass Yuji , i wish i could punch him in the face, i literally insulted him over 500 times in this and 19 episodes

I know what you mean, Kazumi and Yuji pissed me off big time in this episode. I hope that all this love triangle crap between Kazumi, Yuji, and Shana will result in Yuji and Shana hooking up somehow.
Jan 2, 2011 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
Love all the confusion going around. :P
Mar 22, 2011 9:48 AM
Jul 2010
Karikaturata said:
How could Yuji ditch Shana just like that??? Can't he see she loves him? That blind bastard.....

I'm sorry but Shana was acting pretty stupid right there. Yeah, she had a point with the Tomogara but she was pretty insensitive. I mean: "Yoshida Kazumi has nothing to do with us. We don't need to worry about her!" said in the way she said it sounded like: "I don't give a shit about Yoshida and you shouldn't either because I say so!". I still feel sorry for Shana (and I don't like Yoshida - I think she's annoying) but I think she could work a bit on her way of saying things. She's a bit selfish but she sounds a lot more than she really is.

As for the episode... Best one so far!
Sep 15, 2011 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
Yuuji did not perform well in the emergency. Would he prefer that Kazumi get eaten by a Tomogara because he takes the time to look for her to clear things up instead of helping Shana fight?

A confession and several revelations as well. Yuuji you made Shana cry, you'd better clear that up before dealing with Kazumi.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Dec 2009
Dusk252 said:
Karikaturata said:

I'm sorry but Shana was acting pretty stupid right there. Yeah, she had a point with the Tomogara but she was pretty insensitive. I mean: "Yoshida Kazumi has nothing to do with us. We don't need to worry about her!" said in the way she said it sounded like: "I don't give a shit about Yoshida and you shouldn't either because I say so!". I still feel sorry for Shana (and I don't like Yoshida - I think she's annoying) but I think she could work a bit on her way of saying things. She's a bit selfish but she sounds a lot more than she really is.

^This, but not the best episode, most irritating episode.. Also Yuuji is stupid not realizing Shana's feelings.. I like the story of this anime, but not the characters, its too irritating for my tastes, especially with these ridiculous misunderstandings..
tag©.androgynous
Dec 12, 2011 12:42 AM
Dec 2011
I spent the whole episode yelling at my screen like an idiot.

"YUJI YOU'RE SO RETARDED." "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT DUMBASS, DON'T LEAVE SHANA LIKE THAT." Etc

Imo, it's bad drama; it's drama for the sake of drama, and I don't like it. It makes me hate Kazumi and Yuuji.
Dec 16, 2011 1:09 PM

Mar 2011
Brock finally opened his eyes!
Aug 2, 2012 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
Yuji is an idiot!

Ditching Shana like that... he didn't even acknowledge that she was wearing a yukata.

But this episode was intense! At the end, everyone started to find out. I hope they get Yoshida out the picture with Eita and that other shit guy.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Aug 4, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2011
Tofujr said:
Imo, it's bad drama; it's drama for the sake of drama, and I don't like it.

Makes me facepalm (really hard). =.=
Nov 16, 2012 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
shit just got real!! :DD
Mar 1, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 2012
Count me in as one of those who loved seeing Shana in a yukata.
Jun 15, 2013 10:46 PM
Aug 2012
i am so done with sakai, i really dont like him. first off, hes been way too lazy with the training, not enough commitment and too much complaining, even though he was the one who suggested he fight alongside shana to begin with. he just doesnt have his priorities straight and this episode showed that especially with how he left to chase yoshida. im sorry but shana was right, she means nothing, she doesnt matter. she knows nothing, thinks its her story but its really not that way at all. sakai should know that. especially when there is a denizen floating around the city. and he goes off to track her down? No sense of direction, poor decision making skills. im in shana's corner in every way. i dont like you, sakai.
Jun 17, 2013 9:29 PM
May 2013
Baka yuji, why did you go running off >.<

I haven't disliked him up until this episode, it just feels like it was coming out of nowhere that he would decide to patch up misunderstandings over saving the damn city >:(

I can only assume Shana won't fight at her peek potential because Yuji is not close at the moment..
Jun 22, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2013
Yeah awesome its about to be serious again
Jul 24, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
I think Yuuji did the right things, after all Kazumi asked him out first and Shana didn't even say anything to him. I think Shana is acting a lot more selfishly than Kazumi as well, i feel more love for Yuuji coming from Kazumi, Shana just wants to win.
Feb 9, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
It was only a matter of time before Yoshida discover Yuuji secret with that treasure. Now every piece are in place.

I wonder what's the plan of that weird professor. And also, why that other Flame Hazes need Yoshida. Will he use her as some kind of sacrifice? Also, if Shana had the choice to save her, outside of her Flame Hazes duty, would she?

Now Yuuji is mad against Shana, but of course, I don't think it will last too long, there is two other season after all :P

That sudden confession was random xD
But it was so obvious that she was digging him, that guy must be blind. Maybe he'll die during the fight or even become a torch, would be pretty dramatic.

Shana was badass at the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 31, 2014 2:18 AM

Mar 2013
By far the best episode till this point, and unlikely to be topped. Everything comes together here and is out in the open. Drama, Comedy, Romance, Nakama, Fireworks, this episode has it all.
Jun 10, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
Did Yuji just make Shana cry? >:c
Shana > Kazumi. c:
Nov 22, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2014
Now they know about each other. Only Eita doesn't know about Sakai-kun and Shana's too. A incredible opponent has already made his first move then now Shana and the others will start too. :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 4, 2015 2:35 PM
May 2014
hontobaka said:
Karikaturata said:
How could Yuji ditch Shana just like that??? Can&#039;t he see she loves him? That blind bastard.....

So far that&#039;s one of the most interesting eps. I&#039;ve seen.... crazy doctor ;DD

I&#039;m sorry but Shana was acting pretty stupid right there. Yeah, she had a point with the Tomogara but she was pretty insensitive. I mean: "Yoshida Kazumi has nothing to do with us. We don&#039;t need to worry about her!" said in the way she said it sounded like: "I don&#039;t give a shit about Yoshida and you shouldn&#039;t either because I say so!". I still feel sorry for Shana (and I don&#039;t like Yoshida - I think she&#039;s annoying) but I think she could work a bit on her way of saying things. She&#039;s a bit selfish but she sounds a lot more than she really is.

I have to agree with this. While Yuji may have not made the best decision to go looking for her Shana was still in the wrong saying the things she did. I still feel bad for her though...
Feb 5, 2015 12:06 AM

Sep 2014
Margery's yukata, oh my. And wow, Eita has eyeballs lmao
Nov 29, 2015 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
Wow. If they did one episode right, it was this one. It was blast!

I still not like their choice of antagonists though. Mad professor seems like very bad cliche.
But the suspense of everything else was just brilliant, this feeling of everything going wrong was just priceless.

Shana really was too possesive this time to the point of denying Yuuji's own will, trying to make him stay with her like some obstinate child. She really deserved her tears this time. It's just too bad they didn't let their quarrel go for longer as Shana was forced to save Yoshida. And Kazumi stepping behind the veil was also so intense.

Really can't wait how things resolves in the next episode, this seems like perhaps the best arc so far.
Jun 4, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
Shana in a Yukata was cute and I felt sorry for her when she saw Yuuji with Kazumi, but somehow it's her own fault for not telling him that she was waiting.

The moment when Yuuji went after Kazumi annoyed me a little, though.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2015
Oh shit. Discount Brock opened his eyes. Shit just got serious.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 17, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
Yuuji is pissing me off , and also fk Yoshida

I feel bad for Shana...but hey good episode.
ZultrixApr 17, 2019 8:31 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Shakugan no Shana a magical girl ?

KingSunWukong - Aug 30

11 by KayShawn258 »»
Sep 28, 6:26 PM

» Chances Shakugan no Shana gets a remake?

Kegzin - Sep 22

7 by KayShawn258 »»
Sep 28, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 3 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 4, 2008

39 by Tarextherex »»
Sep 28, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

59 by Serhiyko »»
Sep 26, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Mar 16, 2008

93 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 17, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.