Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2015 7:39 PM

Dec 2009
This anime is really breaking me down badly. Every episode since the single digit episodes have had me at the edge of my seat and the tip of my emotions.

An episode focusing on Tsubaki again, as she finally realizes the extent of her emotions regarding Kousei. The music during the end scene was powerful as well as Kousei's humming. He really is shining a lot in comparison to the eariler episodes.

In comparison Kaori looks awful. She seems so colorless, so lifeless. It's almost as if Kaori's life is becoming Kousei. It's also wierd how she is paralleling Kousei's mother in many ways from the sickness to forcing him to practice.
Jan 22, 2015 7:47 PM

Nov 2013
_YG_ said:
Tsubaki x Kousei = OTP = Better than Kaori x Kousei.

^This^
Jan 22, 2015 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
eaglemaster42 said:
_YG_ said:
Tsubaki x Kousei = OTP = Better than Kaori x Kousei.

^This^

Nope

Kaori X Kousei is better
Jan 22, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2014
yongming said:
English translation of the novel she got. Might contain major spoilers. https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/category/alliance-of-the-15s-complete/

The synopsis reminds so much this anime. Which major spoilers this novel exactly have? Either the translation or the author writing style sounds really stiff and uninteresting, but I'm considering to read it.
Jan 22, 2015 8:12 PM
Nov 2013
surfboard_ said:
yongming said:
English translation of the novel she got. Might contain major spoilers. https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/category/alliance-of-the-15s-complete/

The synopsis reminds so much this anime. Which major spoilers this novel exactly have? Either the translation or the author writing style sounds really stiff and uninteresting, but I'm considering to read it.

going by what we have seen in the mangas, there will be references and quotes from the novel when kaori converses with arima since they both read it.
Jan 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
RIP in peace Kaori.

Tsubaki foreveralone.
Jan 22, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2013
Death flags everywhere for Kaori... and for Tsubaki's heart/relationship status. Dem feels are brutal I tell ya.

I've finally caught up in the TV show (5 episode marathon today) after reading ahead in the manga and then stopping at this point. Now, I legitimately have no clue what is going to happen next and of course they show that blonde chick laying in Kousei's lap in the PV...

Damn you Anime Gods for trying to tempt me to start reading the manga again!!
dankzelJan 22, 2015 9:25 PM
Jan 22, 2015 9:22 PM

Apr 2010
Oh Tsubaki, you poor girl. Please convey your feelings or it'll be too late.

Jan 22, 2015 9:33 PM
Jan 2015
My god please let Kaori chan survive even tho i can see so many deathflag already i dont want kaori chan die T_T KouseixArima ..... too much feels for 1 episode too made me cry like a baby ...
Jan 22, 2015 9:44 PM
Jan 2015
Tsubaki finally realizes her feeling towards Kousei. WOOT!

IMHO i'm not really who am i rooting for. Go for Tsubaki or Kaori? Because the two girls have big impact to Kousei's life. May the best girl wins?
Jan 22, 2015 9:48 PM
Jan 2015
Oujii said:

I hated Linda, but I kinda like Tsubaki. Kaori seems to not give a shit to Kousei, except for the music thing.

I don't believed that Kaori only cares for Kousei's music. You wouldn't go that far helping a person get back to his/her feet if you don't like that person or taken an interest towards that person. Besides, i think Kaori is getting the hints that Kousei loves her.
Jan 22, 2015 10:00 PM

Jul 2014
Ugh, so obvious Kaori is really sick. This episode didn't need the comedy relief, it just felt uncomfortable for this gag scenes to be added in when something serious is going on. Omg, Arima is in so much denial. Why else would Kaori cry if she is just taking a few tests? Tsubaki is just toruturing that boyfriend by just talkng about Kousei. Kashiwagi is best girl. Creeps from when Arima and Tsubaki are humming or whatever...that crying thoughhhh, the melodrama.
Jan 22, 2015 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
I feel really bad for Tsubaki in this episode! She is in fact my favorite character out of the entire series. The hate she gets from some people is just more sad (T ^ T). However, as much as I love her, I can't ship her and Arima. Same goes for Kaori too. I just feel that the romance in Shigatsu isn't well developed. People can ship Kaori and Arima all they want but the interactions between them aren't enough to keep me satisified. Tsubaki on the other hand does have nice interactions and times with Arima, but I can't ship her either. I always would love the idea for childhood friends to win in anime, but in this one I can't. It will be so messed up because if Kaori dies and Tsubaki wins, that is BS.
Jan 22, 2015 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
Baka Tsubaki can be really stupid sometimes but she's A LOT more bearable than blonde bitch. Her ship is much stronger than blonde bitch too.

That being said I love that insert song and Baka Tsubaki's friend has such a sexy voice hmm....

Still waiting for blonde bitch to die (I kept wishing it'd happen on the next episode but it just didn't happen. Looks like they're gonna milk it as much as they can.. God help us)
Jan 22, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
i really liked this episode, especially that it focused on tsubaki. she is definitely an interesting character imo.
Jan 22, 2015 11:52 PM

Jul 2008
A very touching episode, I don't know how they will end the whole thing but I hope it ends well :)
Jan 23, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
So Kaori's probably gonna stay on the hospital for more time than what she said.

Poor Tsubaki tho. I loved the insert song. And it looks like a new girl is coming on the preview?
Jan 23, 2015 12:56 AM
Jan 2015
the music was great in this one, it really got me, the scene of little tsubaki (kushi-gushi) was pretty sad, seeing her alone ...and at the end i was at the edge of tears, when they show it again ....that was the point when i cried like a little boy, while clair de lune closes this chapter with tsubaki wanting to surprise kousei.
(i've liked this anime so far, but this chapter was different for me)
Jan 23, 2015 2:33 AM

Sep 2014
I would be lying if a tear or two didnt drop down to my face.

THE FEELS IN THAT BEACH SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seirously, i loved when they were singing that tune. Then the Music too !!!! ( the song! WOW ), and then Tsubaki's tears and her screaming while running away from her Love one!!!!!!! Just WOW!!! This episode!!!!! ( probably the best one in the series )

Damn!!! I just CRIED from reading the manga Torikagosou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunintachi, and now its having the same effect here =( My eyes aren't holding back =D
Jan 23, 2015 2:37 AM

Jan 2014
NobleGriffin said:
I don't believed that Kaori only cares for Kousei's music. You wouldn't go that far helping a person get back to his/her feet if you don't like that person or taken an interest towards that person.

You obviously don't know many (classical) musicians XD

You're probably right about her getting the hints though, and like someone else allready said, I do think the feeling is mutual. She has just decided not to commit due to her condition, while Watari is only the perfect middle-/high school fling for fun that is also able support her image and act as over.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 23, 2015 2:37 AM

Jun 2012
NobleGriffin said:

I don't believed that Kaori only cares for Kousei's music. You wouldn't go that far helping a person get back to his/her feet if you don't like that person or taken an interest towards that person. Besides, i think Kaori is getting the hints that Kousei loves her.

It may just be empathy. I mean, she sure likes him, but she may not like him the same way as he likes her or like Tsubaki likes him.

I'm really mad Kaori because she doesn't make it clear how she really feels towards him. :(

Laionidas said:
You obviously don't know many (classical) musicians XD

You're probably right about her getting the hints though, and like someone else allready said, I do think the feeling is mutual. She has just decided not to commit due to her condition, while Watari is only the perfect middle-/high school fling for fun that is also able support her image and act as over

She may never truly tell him how she really feels, because it may hurt him even more (if she is really gonna die)
OujiiJan 23, 2015 2:40 AM
Jan 23, 2015 4:20 AM

May 2013
After watching this, as well as seeing Tsubaki's side of the story, I can't help but understand and feel bad for her. She said so herself that music is taking Kousei away from her. She just needs some time to think about what she really wants to do now that she realizes that she also loves Kousei, which was very obvious from the start.
Jan 23, 2015 4:49 AM

Jan 2014
Oh well... She's still alive.. Hmm..
iLostReason said:
Come here Tsubaki, let me hug ya ;-;
Tsubaki, you bakaaa!
Jan 23, 2015 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
I can feel this anime is gonna end sad....just a feeling....but I love this anime soooooo much the feels are really strong....I can feel every time I here the backing tracks and when Kousei plays the piano....
Jan 23, 2015 4:56 AM
May 2013
Nodame reference spotted!!
Jan 23, 2015 4:56 AM

Mar 2013
Nice episode. Now would be the perfect opportunity for a timeskip. 1 episode where you see the blond chick dying and him leaving and the following episodes when he finished music highschool (or when he became famous.. idk) Then they could make a clichee ending with him coming together with the brown hair chick or make it, or let them go their seperate ways.

Anyways, really like it so far, a few unecessary comedy scenes, but i find it refreshing that they include full episodes only to go into the depth of certain characters (and not only the main one), which is VERY uncommon for A1-Pitcures works. If it continues this way this might even be the first A1-pictures anime i rate above a 6 ( but i highly doubt it will become so good that will consider a score of 8 or above) :)
Jan 23, 2015 5:23 AM

Jul 2013
Really enjoyable episode! Tsubaki finally realizing her feelings! Overall really touching!
#TeamTsubaki
Jan 23, 2015 6:15 AM

Sep 2014
What a beautiful episode. It was a feels galore overall. Loved how Tsubaki realizes her feelings but also maybe a tad bit sad cause of that. Can't wait for next week, since it seems to be another Tsubaki-Arima centric episode.
Jan 23, 2015 6:26 AM

Jul 2012
helloisabelle said:
Ugh, so obvious Kaori is really sick. This episode didn't need the comedy relief, it just felt uncomfortable for this gag scenes to be added in when something serious is going on.

This is the biggest flaw in this show. I love that they can be serious but the slapstick is not needed most of the time or rather, it even breaks the mood of the serious scenes.

To manga readers: Is the comedy also over bearing and unfitting?
Jan 23, 2015 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
The feels. Are real.

Tsubaki's feelings are real.

This whole thing is so deep and powerful. Life is so complicated. Kaori has not shown that she likes Kousei romantically yet only that she is compelled by his talented piano playing. However Tsubaki has definitely shown that she loves Kousei but Kousei has already latched onto the one thing he cares about most - Kaori.

This whole thing makes me feel bad for, Tsubaki because Kousei doesn't see her romantically, it also makes me feel bad for Kousei because Kaori doesn't love him or hasn't shown it yet, also her death flag is raised pretty high, then theres Kaori... its obvious you feel bad for her, she is so young yet she has to go through so much because of her "sickness".

Boy this anime is turning out greater than I have expected, it maintains such a perfect balance between romance and music and other genres such as slice of life. Love it.

5/5 this episode. Hope things between Kousei and Tsubaki and Kaori work out for the best.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 23, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Tsubaki...
Jan 23, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
11/10
"Much feels" -IGN

I didn't even care all the much for Tsubaki just a few episodes ago, but damn.... T~T
That insert song was nice too, fit the mood really well.
Jan 23, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
The scene where tsubaki runs away while crying has pierced my heart.

Damn that osananajimi curse!
Jan 23, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2012
Yuki_Ookami said:
11/10
"Much feels" -IGN

lol
Jan 23, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode!

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 23, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
She looks reaalllly pale. Deathflag
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 23, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Excellent episode!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 23, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
This episode just reminded me of Sundome where

I mean, I don't expect a fantastic conclusion such as that, but I hope Kaori dies soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2008
Yes, you're an idiot.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 23, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
Now this was without doubt the best episode so far.
Jan 23, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
Fatma94 said:
mayukachan said:

To manga readers: Is the comedy also over bearing and unfitting?

While I do think it provides a good change of pace sometimes, it can get pretty annoying.
It was not very noticeable in the manga due to the lack of dramatic background music during the intense moments , but it ruins the serious tone of some scenes in the anime. I don't like the comedic violence and the exaggerated amount of blood that gushes out of Arima's head every time he gets hit, but I can tolerate the comedy tbh. The chibi forms the characters take are kinda cute and funny if used in the appropriate situations.

Yeah, there's a handful of appropriate times (especially his piano teacher's daughter who is absolutely precious) when the comedy is used. I'd say it's improving as we see more and more.
I didn't want my comment to come off as a negative post about this show because it's still a really small problem.
Jan 23, 2015 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:

Yeah, there's a handful of appropriate times (especially his piano teacher's daughter who is absolutely precious) when the comedy is used. I'd say it's improving as we see more and more.
I didn't want my comment to come off as a negative post about this show because it's still a really small problem.

An example of an inappropriate time would be Tsubaki's conversation with her friend ( lunchbox scene ), and the scene where she barged into the music room at the beginning of the episode. That was not supposed to be funny at all, tbh, but I'll overlook it.
They'll gradually tone it down, but it's still there.
_Spectacled_Jan 23, 2015 5:37 PM
Jan 23, 2015 5:49 PM

Oct 2013

Imagine if Kousei had Gotou as a rival. I wouldn't want to compete against such fabulousness if I were him.
Jan 23, 2015 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
Yuki_Ookami said:
11/10
"Much feels" -IGN

Lol, this shit is why Clannad AS, Angel Beats, Anohana, and now THIS have high ratings in teh first time. Don't even try to deny it!
dustinator1991 said:
You like hentai for your favorite anime so you have no room to talk.

Jan 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
Dem feels
Jan 23, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
The ending with the flashbacks.... Damn those feels had me growing goosebumps everywhere........

Can't wait till it catches up to the manga too.

Nagi entering stage next episode. Can't wait for that small arc. <~>
Jan 23, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
Jewshua-san said:
Yuki_Ookami said:
11/10
"Much feels" -IGN

Lol, this shit is why Clannad AS, Angel Beats, Anohana, and now THIS have high ratings in teh first time. Don't even try to deny it!

Shigatsu > all
Jan 23, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
The feels are strong in this episode...
Jan 23, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
surfboard_ said:
Smudy said:
I can only see this anime going two possible ways by now.

1. Kaori lives and Kousei x Kaori happens. (Happy ending)
2. Kaori dies and Kousei x Tsubaki get together long after her death. (Bittersweet/sad ending)

Kousei x Watari ;-)

^^^ This
Jan 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2014
Is the anime even going to have a proper ending? The manga isn't finished yet or?

Now that there's so many feels involved I'd be kinda angry at an open ending..
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1178 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.