Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
And...they lost it again. *Sigh*

I thought the detective is just a throw away character judging by how the show introduce him, now he is a secondary? And he is just weird, whether the way he talks, his motivation and his reaction to all the chaotic evens, it just feels unnecessary and intrusive to the story.

Where is my establish scene before the detective walking up the stairs to his apartment? I like the scene before that when Ryouko just laughing uncontrollably accompanied by the helpless cry of the baby, if only they can hold that scene one second longer so that the impact would be more effective. Too convenient at the end when the two students walk into the stand down between Ryouko and Shinichi, and his reaction when Ryouko leaving the rooftop is just wrong given that we see him cringed in pain just a second ago, not to mention at the start his responses to Satomi's accusation also feels unnatural, imo he should be standing still unable to react to the situation and only when he laying on the bed to come up with the idea of giving up his relationship, I think at this moment he still has some humanity left, the way the show presents is just too forceful.

This show is littered with lots of these little problems right from the start, I don't remember if these are existed in the manga because I read that a long time ago, but the anime definitely needs tons of refining.

I see what your saying and all I hear is
WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jan 14, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
Lolicon_Knight said:
Uda looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger here ;)

http://i.imgur.com/thp3p3f.png

Yep, gotta love that T2 reference.
Jan 14, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
We definitely need to see more of Uda and more importantly "Joe" lol. Particularly when he's around Migi. Their behaviour is both different due to the way they taught themselves to speak, yet so similar due to the parasitic nature they were born with. It makes for really good chemistry between the two.

The fact that Uda is the only other person like Shinichi so far in the series means he should really get a more prominent role, and be less of a side character.

Orsonius said:
how can you not remember this?

His mother was killed by a parasyte, taken over by that parasyte and then was killed by Shinichi. How can you not know this? did you even watch the anime?

Uhh, did you watch it? lol. Shinichi did not kill the parasite, Uda and Joe did. He even said following that "you shouldn't be the one that has to finish your own mother" after they sliced her up.

Dude, if you're gonna throw out intelligence insults, you gotta make sure you spout factual stuff or guys like me will make you look stupid.

Speaking of that moment though. I wonder why the writers made him say that? Is he just gonna ignore the fact that he was actually about to get killed because he couldn't finish her off (he backed off when he saw that burn mark on her arm iirc)? It's kind of a cop out if they are imo. Just a lame excuse to force him to lose his humanity when he technically shouldn't. Hopefully Migi reminds him of what actually happened.
Jan 14, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2014
I like Shinichi even more :3 I guess I really have a thing with MC deals with psychological problems
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jan 14, 2015 6:20 PM

Oct 2014
Not sure why he said he killed her when it was the fat guy's parasite that did the killing blow. Also confused why they're adding moments where characters awkwardly chuckle, isnt that more of a human emotion? I can understand that for Tamiya but not so much for Shinichi when we're trying to establish that he's become more parasitic than human. idk just give me the action scenes so I dont have to think about this shit!
Jan 14, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
After last weeks episode which I absolutely hated with a passion, Parasyte redeemed itself immediately.

I was hoping they'd make the P.I. an ally of sorts. Glad they did.

The lecture on altruism and genetic instincts was intriguing, and fit into that episode perfectly. Altruism referring to Migi's encounter with the P.I. and agreeing to not kill humans, while the "selfish gene" referring to Reiko.

Their little interaction was intense too. I guarantee if those 2 girls didn't go up to the roof Shinichi would have absolutely thrashed her. Seeing as how she has no idea about his super human abilities, it would have been incredibly easy for him to ether jump in and grab the baby while Migi attacked, or just straight up decked her in the face with a super punch.

Shinichi's drastic change at the end there with "get out of the way humans", and "I killed that person" (insert crazy face). Next week seems like it'll be intense.
Jan 14, 2015 6:47 PM

Jul 2014
Don't really care for the Private Investigator but other than that a great episode, like always.
Jan 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2013
Lol Migi sounded like a priest xD

Great episode, 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 14, 2015 7:13 PM

Apr 2014
TAMinator said:
Not sure why he said he killed her when it was the fat guy's parasite that did the killing blow.

I interpreted it as killing her in the sense that
a) shinichi feels responsible for her death & not being able to do anything when his mother was attacked by the parasite or
b) his mother's body still being intact was the final tangible thing that was left of his mother. but shinichi's decision to kill "it", despite not actually doing the deed, signified that he wished to get rid of what was left of his mother. and so he basically "killed" or got rid of what could relieve him of his trauma... something like that.
Jan 14, 2015 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this episode, especially the ending.

Jan 14, 2015 7:35 PM

May 2010
TAMinator said:
Not sure why he said he killed her when it was the fat guy's parasite that did the killing blow.

The kill was a team effort. It's like saying "we killed him" when really only one person could have given the finishing blow.
Jan 14, 2015 7:52 PM

Nov 2014
Oh my God, this episode was awesome... the rage

5/5
Jan 14, 2015 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Shinichi is acting strange lately. Great episode, fast pacing though.
Jan 14, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Nice ep.
I like where this is going.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 14, 2015 8:19 PM

May 2013
His friend Uda returned to help in the guy who was investigating Shinichi. I have a feeling that Tamiya would kill that investigator just to shut his mouth about all of this. Her laugh is so creepy.

Shinichi is becoming more and more like a Parasyte. I won't be surprised if he turned his back on humanity sometime soon. That smile at the end though. I like it. His plans are a little blurry, but I can see his resolve once it's all come to place.
Jan 14, 2015 8:33 PM

Apr 2013
TAMinator said:

Fat guy's parasite, nice.
Jan 14, 2015 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
aw yes that was an awesome way to end the episode.

I found Migi's little speech to the investigator quite interesting; it's almost as if Migi, himself, was expressing some level of empathy for Shinichi.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 14, 2015 9:19 PM

Nov 2013
This episode reminded me of Higurashi when Tamiya started laughing lol gotta love maniacal laughing. Also I really loved crazy Shinichi with the "I killed that person." that part actually made me laugh, he's so intense now I love it!
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Jan 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Sep 2014
Shinichi is becoming less human.

"Out of the way, humans!"
"I killed that person."

Reiko/Ryoko's laugh was creepy. Gotta love how she shuts that baby up though.
Jan 14, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2013
The lecture was interesting
Not sure if Shinichi's development is awesome or pitiful. Either way, the opposite seems happened to migi and ryoko.

The fortune teller made me remember Tatami Galaxy
"Hey you there. Yes, you!"
Jan 14, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2014
lazy sound work with the baby cries cutting off instantly. it should hiccup itself into silence or something over like a second at least. it just sounds like lazy sound work really, im not convinced a child can instantly stop crying like that no matter how creepily its mother tells it to shut the fuck up
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Jan 14, 2015 10:30 PM

Aug 2010
Ruben_Jb said:
I'm sorry for being so forgetfull, but when he said "I killed that person", who did he mean? I mean, the fortune teller was speaking of the person who re-opened his hole. Was she talking about Ryouko? If so, he didn't actually kill her, so why did he say: I killed that person.

You should hold onto that thought.

selgalad said:
Is the name of the next episode a reference to the work of Ray Bradbury I wonder?

Orsonius said:
Oh wow the episode was named after Richard Dawkins Book.

All episode titles are taken from literary works. The episode list on Wikipedia has direct links to the referenced works.
“A grown man does not apologize. It lowers the value of his soul.”
-Araragi Koyomi
Jan 14, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
Shinichi's gone wonky
Jan 14, 2015 11:11 PM

May 2014
why do i now have the feeling that tamiyo is going to go "piss you off to make you stronger".
she saw that once shinchi regained his composure a few seconds after, that she would have no chance against him.

dont know if shinchi is going to be able to kill her and leave the baby an orphan tbh.

is migi developing feelings?!
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Jan 14, 2015 11:13 PM

May 2014
OnlyTemporary said:
lazy sound work with the baby cries cutting off instantly. it should hiccup itself into silence or something over like a second at least. it just sounds like lazy sound work really, im not convinced a child can instantly stop crying like that no matter how creepily its mother tells it to shut the fuck up

are you convinced that parasytes exist then?xD
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Jan 14, 2015 11:20 PM

Apr 2012
Migi showing signs of empathy and Tamiya exhibiting human emotions with that creepy ass laugh. Seems like it's not only the host that is capable of changing.

Jan 14, 2015 11:58 PM

Nov 2014
Becoming less human every day, can't help but sympathy him regardless of how he acts.
I hope that poor son of Tamia gets a better mother care :(
Jan 15, 2015 12:03 AM

Oct 2011
Tamura 's laugh gave me chills and creeped me out 0___________0

Shiniichi OMFG
Jan 15, 2015 12:27 AM

Jul 2014
Mother of the Year confirmed !!

Shinchi is more like an alien right now, he's a labile one.

Migi is the one who can think clearly now.

Current state :
Parasyte -> Shinichi
Human -> Migi
Jan 15, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
That grin in the end.

Holy crap, this show is awesome.

One great thing about this show is I have no clue how it's going to end. There are many possibilities but I don't feel certain to say it's going to go any specific way.
Unpredictable, that's what I love in psychological anime.
Next week please!
Jan 15, 2015 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
They started laughing and I instantly thought of Hellsing Ultimate.

stupid show broke my brain when it came to evil laughs and matching facial expressions
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 15, 2015 2:22 AM

Sep 2013
Finally moving on to the more interesting bits.

Tamiya's laugh is pretty creepy and hilarious, not in the usual cliche sense either. lol

I really like Tamiya's character as a whole, she seems to show subtle changes as the story progresses and of course more noticeable ones too like the fact that she can suddenly get urges to laugh. Part of what makes her interesting though is her desires to learn not in the way Migi does it, for survival but out of complete curiosity. She asks questions about her existence and the human existence and when she finds the answers or thinks about it more, it changes her to being more human in personality. Sort of like the opposite of Shinichi in a way. The way she holds her baby is hilarious too. Tamiya is best mom.

Uda is back this week as well! He named his parasite Joe... lol, he had a good idea to protect his identity too, one of the upsides to having his parasite in his chin I suppose.

The atmosphere and pacing was also a lot smoother this episode than the last ones. It doesn't feel painfully slow anymore and it actually gives off a feeling that something terrible is going to happen.

Shinichi at the end was great too, one of the first times since a couple episodes that we see him embrace the fact that he's more or less a "monster" now despite being rather empathetic towards humans still. I also like how Migi showed strange signs of sympathy for Shinichi, even if he called it "pity", it's still a sign that he's developing as well. That's what happens when you learn more I suppose.

Great episode overall.
Jan 15, 2015 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
this is sick
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 15, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
Lol at that parasyte naming itself Joe.

Solid episode. Scary smirk in the end from Izumi's side.
Jan 15, 2015 6:48 AM

Jun 2010
HA! That end.
Jan 15, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
naki12 said:
TAMinator said:

The kill was a team effort. It's like saying "we killed him" when really only one person could have given the finishing blow.

He said "I killed her" though. And he didn't. Even worse. He couldn't kill her... re-watch that fight again to see what I mean.

They honestly shouldn't mess with the continuity just go down this route. It's lazy
Jan 15, 2015 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
I forgot what happened to Uda after they killed the parasyte who took over Shinichi's mom. I feel more safe with an ally.

Reiko is going on a university? seems like she's looking for more info. Gotta tell that her laugh is so fcking creepy, her first time laughing? lol.

Shinichi's rape face:
Jan 15, 2015 6:56 AM

Dec 2014
Glad to see Uda and his parasite back :) Also Joe as in jaw Lolz
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 7:08 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode overall, from start to finish. The ending makes it clear that Shinichi is slowly losing his humanity. Let's see what happens next.
Jan 15, 2015 7:10 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode. Anyone find the lecture interesting?

That baby's comedic value is high. Shinichi at the end got me so hyped!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 15, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was really funny with the facial expression Ryoko gave when laughing and with Migi and Joe morphing into the investigators face. Then it ends with reminding you that you're watching Parasyte. I hope Murano is in next weeks episode.
Jan 15, 2015 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
Jan 15, 2015 8:18 AM

Jun 2013
I wanted to ask something about manga and anime, and though this is not really a spoiler, I will use spoiler tag.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 15, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Shinichi is becoming more like Migi was before, and Migi is talking a bit more ''humanly'' if you know what I mean.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
SpaceHamster said:
Dimitrije1606 said:
I wanted to ask something about manga and anime, and though this is not really a spoiler, I will use spoiler tag.

Someone else will probably give detailed answers but here's mine:

Really? I don't remember him having middle name in the manga. MAL just put it up to avoid confusions. I think they just changed the names to suit the modern settings. You know, new suitable names for the new modern settings.

Jan 15, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
DarkCyclone said:
naki12 said:

He said "I killed her" though. And he didn't. Even worse. He couldn't kill her... re-watch that fight again to see what I mean.

They honestly shouldn't mess with the continuity just go down this route. It's lazy
Yes he clearly had a part in killing her.

Are you saying a person who helps a killer kill someone is not a killer?
Jan 15, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2010
Great episode! 5/5
Jan 15, 2015 9:10 AM

May 2013
Shinichi is getting little by little as 'Migi'.

The end of the episode was great, also when he ran toward some students shut them : 'Go away, Humans! '.

Well, great, but not the best Kiseijuu's episode

4/5
Jan 15, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
EasyGo-er said:
SpaceHamster said:

Someone else will probably give detailed answers but here's mine:

You should put spoiler tags on your comment because there is always that one guy who will complain about it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 15, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
At this point shinichi is a LOCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next ep.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

212 by menacce »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2014

337 by menacce »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

427 by menacce »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

387 by menacce »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
Sep 20, 11:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.