Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Very good episode. Too bad it took them this long for me to care about the characters.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 23, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2013
i really like it! :) it reminds me of anohana.
Dec 23, 2014 3:52 PM
Mar 2013
more and more!
Dec 24, 2014 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
Wow that episode!
Want to see the best of the TV series, if they are reserved in the final? Narratively managed to amaze me, showing that trait that was to be the basis to make the anime more interesting.
I'm really curious to see how the anime ends.
Dec 24, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
Only Shione and Nonoka remembers all that happened, and somehow everything returned to the start, I really hope Noel could come back, I know her wish was to see Nonoka's happiness and Shione's smiling, and it happened coz in the end they are the most closed friends, but sill, I miss Noel!
Dec 25, 2014 1:25 PM
Mar 2013
bittersweetlove said:
Only Shione and Nonoka remembers all that happened, and somehow everything returned to the start, I really hope Noel could come back, I know her wish was to see Nonoka's happiness and Shione's smiling, and it happened coz in the end they are the most closed friends, but sill, I miss Noel!

yeah in fact - i bet you! that next, they'll get there gang to gather and go back to the observatory and instead wish for "Noel to come back" and thats where the anime will end. i think that.
Dec 26, 2014 4:49 AM

May 2010
Imo this episode was handled pretty nicely, I really liked it. It reminded me of Haruhi movie a bit esp. when Shione appeared.

Yosh, bring on the finale. I am ready!
Dec 26, 2014 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't expect that, the parallel reality just before the end is weird. I wait the next episode before to critique that choice.
Dec 26, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Took the focus off the stupid drama finally. Don't care if people are whining about the altered timeline or whatever, this ep is better than most.
Dec 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2012
Did time really have to be reversed? Now? With one episode remaining?

Besides that, I'm thinking that Nonoka and Shoine are the only ones to remember Noel is because they were the closest to her. Possibly?
Music was good in this episode and I hald a couple of tears when Shoine made her entry. However, I don't think it was a good idea (as mentioned) for time to be reserved. Final episode makes me wonder.

Dec 26, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
It almost felt like nonoka never knew that they transported back in time, and thought everyone remembered what had happened in the past few episodes, when in fact, it'd be only reasonable that the furthest they'd remember was up to when noel left 7 years ago. -_-

Dec 27, 2014 10:31 AM
Apr 2014
WHAAAATTT??? why are they back in summer? why are they back at moving again? why does nobody remember what happened?

Another one of those annoying time jump anime without explanation...

Well at least Shione remembers -.- I was wondering what they are gonna do with two more episodes when Noel leaves that early. Can't wait to see how they finish that mess they've created with the second-last episode.
Dec 27, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Nanashi- said:
WHAAAATTT??? why are they back in summer? why are they back at moving again? why does nobody remember what happened?

Another one of those annoying time jump anime without explanation...

Well at least Shione remembers -.- I was wondering what they are gonna do with two more episodes when Noel leaves that early. Can't wait to see how they finish that mess they've created with the second-last episode.
maybe the rest don't remember because they weren't as close to noel as the rest of the cast
Dec 29, 2014 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Silver4000 said:
That was quite interesting.
So I guess that in the end, they will all call the saucer again ?

and cause another alternate reality again!?... me thinks every time they wished for something it will all be just a dream and the real world is really no Noel after all...just a hunch.

Dec 31, 2014 12:57 AM
Mar 2012
Blame Schrodinger's fox.

Music was nice, observatory & Shione scenes were well done. Not sure about time loop.
Glad I dropped Glasslip before any time magic, so this episode reminds me of the pre-climax time loop episode in Captain Earth, but the real cause was {spoiler}.
Dec 31, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2012
Would've never imagined a time revert would take place in this anime but the fact that two people still know about Noel does mean something and I do wonder how they'll end this anime series off in the next and last episode! Let's hope to see Noel back and a big happy reunion for an ending!
Jan 2, 2015 12:33 AM

Jan 2013
An alternate world line like Steins Gate
Jan 2, 2015 4:25 AM

Aug 2011
Very much enjoyed this ep, the loneliness that Nonoka was feeling had me really thinking about what happened to everyone and Noel.
Jan 5, 2015 5:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MoeGod said:
The background music in this episode was so eargasmic. I can't wait for the OSTs to come out.

Agreed, Kato Tatsuya is such a great composer. He needs more love.

Half way through the episode I was thinking, they should just call back the saucer. Nonoka (and Shione) have a very strong wish, I'm sure Noel will hear it and choose them. And then they will be happily ever after, since their wish will be to see Noel and be friends forever. This would be the ideal ending I guess after they went the alternate reality route. I would've rather have just an alternate reality in which no one remembers Noel or the saucer, and seeing them somehow all get back together and being friends. Though I guess that would just make all the previous episodes pointless. Like why call a saucer to grant your wish and then everything just go back to the way it (almost) was.
Jan 6, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2010
This episode got "Steins;Gated" and it was good
It showed how important Noel was with her bright and cheerful appearance and forgetable the other characters are
Shione coming up at the end made a much better perfomance than everything before that
Jan 7, 2015 6:36 AM

Dec 2011
Time warp eh? I wasn't expecting that.

Spent the whole episode yelling at Nonoka for obsessing over Noel when she should be more concerned with Shione, but it seems that Shione was the one who came to find Nonoka instead.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 7, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, so it wasn't a dream. Though I think it would be better if it was.

Cause as the things are now, there are two fundamental problems with this situation:

- time was shifted, something that's possible only if this is a parallel world. present was rebuilt without all things that happened during their school year and before. did they disregarded of everything they went through before?
- somehow Nonoka and Shione gained their memories of Noel which contradicts this change. I presume Shione had same urge to check observatory as Nonoka had mainly because she was close with Noel. But it's not like they could live those memories, those things happened in the end of their first school year.

Wouldn't it be better to continue their lives and just not remembering her? That would left the past intact and only Noel would be erased from their memories. What is this? Another chance to gain their happiness with writer's deus ex machina?

I am very curious how they want to end this mess. Though after what I have seen before I'm not very hopeful of decent ending.
Mar 2, 2015 5:08 AM
Dec 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Seriously? I fucking hate it when a series does this stupid alternate reality crap. Why couldn't they just have ended it last week rather than aimlessly dragging it out like this. I'm not even halfway through and I know that this will be a terrible, meaningless episode. What a waste of time. Sometimes a show just needs to know when to end rather than wasting time with meaningless crap.

^This is what I'm going to say.
This show could end with episode 11 and it would be a Masterpiece for me. Sadly they had to ruin it by stuffing alternate reality crap in the FKING last 2 episodes. I initially thought that this last 2 episode would be slice of life story of the 5 friends after Noel is gone. FK alternate reality, it spoil the main objective of the story. Sorry that I can't give this story a high score anymore.
May 26, 2015 12:53 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, time went back. And only Shione and Nonoka remembers.
Nov 29, 2015 7:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Interesting. So now Nonoka and Shione end up in some alt world where only they know of Noel's existence and the other 3 don't seem to have any negative thoughts about Nonoka.

It's a bit weird not seeing Shione with headphones.

Dec 16, 2016 6:02 PM

Sep 2015
I had to do a double-take at the beginning to make sure I was watching the right episode.
Zadion said:
... O_o

Did Sora no Method: The Saucer We Called That Day suddenly turn into The Disappearance of Noel?
This. With Shione as Yuki and Nonoka as Kyon, it almost fits.

I really hope they end this well.
bucket3432Dec 17, 2016 7:39 AM
Sep 15, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2015
Sione's sexy oufit. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 11, 2019 1:38 AM

Feb 2018
No Noel no Life xD..
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Jun 2020
From the looks of it this is the first episode of the ser...oh wait

Only Nonoka remembers what happened from the last episode, That Noel actually existed but Koharu, Souta, and Yuzuki doesn't remember who Noel is that's disappointing to hear

Shione came back but she remembers who Noel is and seeing Nonoka's face she's relieved to see at least someone remembers Noel.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ejc - Dec 13, 2014

65 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.