Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 26, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode~ :O Dat confession scene ... WOW. If I wasn't rooting for Chiho before I certainly would be now! :P
Suzuno and Emi interaction was HILARIOUS XD Seems like we all misunderstood what she was referring to when she was "after" Sadou ... awkward! LOL :P Seems like her plan to "recruit" Emilia didn't work then ... then again, I would be suspicious too :O
Sentucky is really thriving isn't it? That manager guy ... LOOKS LIKE THE GUY FROM POKEMON O_O Yes everyone's said it but it's true! :P I wonder how this is going to be resolved ...? Certainly wouldn't want to end up in Greenland LOL XD
May 26, 2013 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
This was the first episode that I found fairly boring.

Though I loved the tv scene and Emi mimicking Suzuno

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
May 26, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2009
Surprisingly good episode, even if the confession scene was awkward. The show is trying its best to avoid falling into the "Squid Girl status quo" territory.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 26, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
So many good moments in this episode.
May 27, 2013 2:13 AM

Nov 2009
"Must you stand in my way at every turn?!" and "How can these people fit inside such a thin box?!" Epic.
May 27, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2008
ahmed_great2005 said:
Wasn't Chiho like the adorable-est thing in this episode? I loved it:D

Not really no.
May 27, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
chiho expression is just to hillarious this days lol XD

I like the scene when maou sugesting suzuno to work together.. the "kincou" lol make me laugh.. and the scene when suzuno first time see a TV.. its to embrassing though.. lol and last, the scene when the SFC manager see a chiho.. "ahh nanto utsukushi" LOL XD the soundtrack is just so funny and silly lol :D
May 27, 2013 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Not much happened but still kinda funny ep.
May 27, 2013 1:00 PM
Oct 2012
Little things I loved about this episode:

Emi's eyes shifting back and forth after Maou asked is Shizuno to work with them. The rest of the demons reactions were also great.

Chiho, while declaring her love, saying: "Is that the face of someone who is going to conquer the world!" Behind every great man, er demon, is a woman driving him on.

Emi's impersonation of Shizuno and the TV, and then Shizuno's little fist pump when she managed to copy Emi spilling a drop of her syrup while stirring her coffee.

Emi showing again why she is the hero. Caring to a fault, worried about everyone, not needing praise or respect, but always doing the right thing because it is right. She doesn't spout morals, she doesn't need glory, she is just, well heroic.

Maou worried about meeting Chiho's parents, really looking forward to the first home visit.

Lucifer living in a box, his habit of picking up purses (3rd time now - this is either going to become a funny fetish or he is doing something to them), and complaining about the chicken.

Chiho calling the Sentuky manager a "shrimp", now an authority on the hospitality industry.

Shizu and Emi's entire conversation, pounding mochi, Shizu calling herself "innocent", and then at the end being SO proud of buying her Suica card as if she had just slain Maou herself.

Great show, so many little things moving around, such fun characterizations, I would have to say the best show of the season in my opinion, at least it is the one I look forward to the most.
May 27, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
^ The little details (and all the funny faces and remarks) are all reason why I watch this episode 3 times so far (well not that I watch fewer times for other episodes lol).

And I love fan art !!

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 27, 2013 1:57 PM

May 2011
Lmao this episode just made Suzuno my 2nd favorite char after Emi. It was hilarious to watch her cluelessness and she was really cute the way she just started yelling at all those machines.
May 27, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
^
That scene made me remember of the first time the 2 of them having conversation outside Maou door. At that time, both of them believed that they had the same conversation but we all knew they didn't. And I told myself I can't wait to see the part 2 of it >__<

@Takuan_Soho: you have summed up pretty much everything to say. And I love the copy cat scene the most because I was like some people trained themselves year after year just to get that feeling of Accomplishment and yet she did it in just a mere seconds (I rewatched that scene almost ten times)
SivaMay 27, 2013 2:16 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 27, 2013 3:21 PM

Sep 2012
A wild James appears.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

May 27, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2011
dat straight forward confession outta nowhere lol.

May 28, 2013 1:05 AM

May 2012
Chiho lost in the LN tho
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 28, 2013 6:00 AM

Apr 2008
Tommk said:
Chiho lost in the LN tho
THERE IS STILL A GOD THEN HALLELUJAH
May 28, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2013

very cute
May 28, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
^ Might as well add the equivalent shot in the LN too

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 28, 2013 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
James! Chi-chan was so cute during the confession scene. Chi-han too stronk.
May 28, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2012
That confession came out of nowhere.

Nothing much happened in this episode, but it did have some funny scenes.
May 29, 2013 11:47 AM
Jan 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Tommk said:
Chiho lost in the LN tho

Even though the chemistry between Maou and Emi is much more interesting, that's still really mean.
May 29, 2013 11:57 AM
Oct 2012
TheGreat1s said:

Yes, nowhere:
1) Obviously in love with him since 1st episode,
2) Showed backbone in standing up to Emi when she first confronted them.
3) Had the emotional roller-coaster of thinking Emi and Maou were really in a relationship
4) Learning to respect Emi and her opinion, taking to heart Emi's "you got to stop using us as an excuse" line this episode.
5) Dealing with the threat of Shizuno.
6) Learning that if she isn't honest Maou would continue to trample on her feelings through ignorance (also shown this episode).
7) And then recognizing (as with every other character in that room) she was going to have to hit him with a sledge hammer to get him to understand (again shown in this episode).

So in short, no wonder you thought nothing happened, you ain't paying attention.

The only thing surprising about her confession is how soon it occurred. Usually writers drag it out 10-20 episodes, or make the confession so ambivalent so that the main character can misinterpret and remain ignorant. In confessing, the writer showed that Chiho is very intelligent, observant, knows what she wants, and is truly honest. In having her confess he transformed her from a stereotype (big breast loli) into a real, and surprising attractive character.
May 29, 2013 12:38 PM
Jan 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
TheGreat1s said:

Yes, nowhere:
1) Obviously in love with him since 1st episode,
2) Showed backbone in standing up to Emi when she first confronted them.
3) Had the emotional roller-coaster of thinking Emi and Maou were really in a relationship
4) Learning to respect Emi and her opinion, taking to heart Emi's "you got to stop using us as an excuse" line this episode.
5) Dealing with the threat of Shizuno.
6) Learning that if she isn't honest Maou would continue to trample on her feelings through ignorance (also shown this episode).
7) And then recognizing (as with every other character in that room) she was going to have to hit him with a sledge hammer to get him to understand (again shown in this episode).

So in short, no wonder you thought nothing happened, you ain't paying attention.

The only thing surprising about her confession is how soon it occurred. Usually writers drag it out 10-20 episodes, or make the confession so ambivalent so that the main character can misinterpret and remain ignorant. In confessing, the writer showed that Chiho is very intelligent, observant, knows what she wants, and is truly honest. In having her confess he transformed her from a stereotype (big breast loli) into a real, and surprising attractive character.

I really like Chiho as well as Suzuno. I'm okay with Emi, but it's almost too obvious that she'll end up with Maou at some point. I'm tired of people bashing Chiho and really can't understand where most of it comes from.
May 29, 2013 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
ZodiacBeast said:
Darklight0303 said:
Tommk said:
Chiho lost in the LN tho

Even though the chemistry between Maou and Emi is much more interesting, that's still really mean.
its a 2d drawing, its feelings wont be hurt

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 29, 2013 12:46 PM
Jan 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ZodiacBeast said:
Darklight0303 said:
Tommk said:
Chiho lost in the LN tho

Naw, really? I was referring to his dislike of Chiho. If he's just happy that they don't end up together and doesn't dislike Chiho, then my bad.
May 29, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2008
ZodiacBeast said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ZodiacBeast said:
Darklight0303 said:
Tommk said:
Chiho lost in the LN tho

Naw, really? I was referring to his dislike of Chiho. If he's just happy that they don't end up together and doesn't dislike Chiho, then my bad.

Oh I don't dislike Chiho. I despise her type.
May 29, 2013 1:01 PM
Jan 2008
Oh OK, that's cool. I can see how she would annoy some people, but so far I haven't see her do anything that would justify most (other) people's hatred of her. I guess that for most people she just gets in the way of Maou and Emi's relationship.
May 30, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2013
Suzuno has lots of Kimono and Yukata.
Her kimono with sickle and circle is Japanese traditional design, "Kamawanu"(I don't mind). Flower is morning glory, which means beginning of autumn.
I'm hard to read meaning of Moon with silhouette of rabbits, it may mean "bouzu"(a card of Japanese traditional card game Hanafuda), no result.

Difference of favorite dorama between Suzuno and Yusa is significant, Suzuno is an assassin commanded by church, Yusa is a hero leading people, so their favorites are incompatible. Suzuno likes doramas of assassins, Yusa likes doramas of heroic loads.
cml-p
May 30, 2013 12:39 PM
Oct 2012
cml-p said:
I'm hard to read meaning of Moon with silhouette of rabbits, it may mean "bouzu"(a card of Japanese traditional card game Hanafuda), no result..

The Japanese believe that the "man in the moon" looks more like rabbits pounding mochi with a mortar and pestle. The legend comes from Buddhism that the rabbit won a competition for doing an act of charity under the full moon and was rewarded by the Buddha, who inscribed the image as a symbol for all to see.

In this scene I think it was just Emi's way of prevaricating so as to not have to answer Shizuno's question.
May 31, 2013 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
cml-p said:
I'm hard to read meaning of Moon with silhouette of rabbits, it may mean "bouzu"(a card of Japanese traditional card game Hanafuda), no result..

The Japanese believe that the "man in the moon" looks more like rabbits pounding mochi with a mortar and pestle. The legend comes from Buddhism that the rabbit won a competition for doing an act of charity under the full moon and was rewarded by the Buddha, who inscribed the image as a symbol for all to see.

In this scene I think it was just Emi's way of prevaricating so as to not have to answer Shizuno's question.

That story about the Buddha sounds cooler than the man in the moon.

Rewatched this episode yesterday. It was better than I remember so, there's that.

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 2, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
hahahha... Lol at Chiho's face in the beginning when Suzuno called Maou as "Sadao-dono."

and lol at everyone's faces when Maou invited Suzuno to work in Mc.Ronald...
hahahaha... Poor Chiho-chan! Gambatte!!! :))
Jun 2, 2013 10:06 AM
Nov 2012
Suzuno's little fist pump when she perfectly copies Emi's cream spill when adding it to her coffee was hilarious.

i find Chiho to be rather refreshing in her Love for Maou. She was open with it and not as cliche'd as almost EVERY OTHER DAMN character of her temperament and position. She has issues with other people (and potential rivals) being present during her affections with Maou, but openly speaking to him, the rather mature things she spoke to him about concerning her love (why she's still around, how love is her choice and falling out of it will be her choice too, she understands if he doesnt think the same way, that she knows he is a good person right now and the other things she said that shows a well developed love). Her implicit trust in him, not from just loving him, but from genuine experiences of his personality by her that justify her trust. (her actions, gestures and behaviours during the anime indicate this trust, i like how that was executed)

As for him, he again doesnt seem to be following the old cliche's conventions. He's not openly rejecting her and is naive about such things, but once made to consider it, he showed empathy, caring and understanding for her, even considering her parents thoughts on the matter. He certainly likes her as a person and likes her being in his life, but hasnt explored his feelings for her beyond that. Love isnt a Now or Not, situation like in most anime. It develops and grows. Maybe thats where its headed with him concerning her, or maybe he just adores her as a comrade and close friend. we'll see.

not to mention that she was originally going to confess during the date before Emi interupted.
IkuinenJun 2, 2013 10:24 AM
Jun 8, 2013 5:20 AM

Dec 2010
Blah, Suzuno is from Entei isla, I don't like really like this twist. It's getting a "little" bit too crowded with Entei Isla guys =\

I liked Moonbucks tho xD
Jun 10, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Chiho actually confessed? Is this the last episode?? Nope... Damn, this is rare as a gem in rom-coms, digging it!

I am so glad that the author didn't stall the "love" forever like every other romance series does, damn, this is pretty casual and realistic.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 18, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
sweet satan i love this series.
Jun 24, 2013 12:01 AM
Apr 2013
Aha, even Lucifer and Ashiya know more about what Maou's getting into than himself -.-. Why u so clueless maou? ;c
but, Suzuno has joined the Maou train WOOOOOOO. :D

AWWWHHH CHI-CHAN. CONFESSIONS. YOU GO GIRL.
AsphyxiateMeJun 24, 2013 12:06 AM
Jun 30, 2013 10:53 PM

Aug 2010
Mcdonald's vs KFC hell yeah! this anime is just hilarious I can't believe it's just 13 eps long T___T
Jul 1, 2013 3:47 AM
Jul 2018

Sentucky Fried Chicken! XD
That midget has something to his sleeve. O.o
Jul 1, 2013 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
xMusicMohawk said:
Mcdonald's vs KFC hell yeah! this anime is just hilarious I can't believe it's just 13 eps long T___T

Agree, so much potential if it was 24 episodes or something. D:
Jul 9, 2013 7:03 AM

Sep 2012
I knew it, i knew it

There's a misunderstanding in their conversation about Maou

SFC or MgRonalds
Jul 11, 2013 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
Oh it's James... oh wait...

Jul 23, 2013 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
Chi-chan is still illegally hnnng.

Okay so things are clearing up... but challenges from SFC approaches! Who can win in the showdown?
Jul 28, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
Oh boy. . . that SFC manager bears an awful resemblance with James from pokemon, but this is priceless.

Sadou, I wonder if he can do this or will his spy mission be ruined?!
Jul 30, 2013 6:16 PM

Mar 2013
Suzuno is so cute <3
Jul 31, 2013 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
Ha Maou girl aren't your strength i guess XD
Aug 3, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2012
Is Team Rocket trying to capture Satan because that manager sure looked like James ;p

Pretty good episode, nice character development and just a funny ending! Lets see what's next.
Aug 28, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
So it's McD vs KFC huh?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 18, 2013 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Boba_Fett said:
Is Team Rocket trying to capture Satan because that manager sure looked like James ;p

Lol! That was my first thought! "Is that James!? What are Team Rocket doing here?!" xDDD

I loved this episode, it was brilliant! :D Can't wait to watch the next one!
Dec 13, 2013 1:49 PM
May 2013
Suzuna is so cute .
Chiho stole dullahan XD
I'm glad this isn't airing because I couldn't wait 1 week .
Dec 24, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2013
MgRonalds vs. SFC
Nah, I think I'm gonna passed out because of my laughter.
OHMY, 5 episodes left...
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

296 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 18, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

284 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 7, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

622 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 28, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

362 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 27, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2013

265 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 22, 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.