Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Sep 22, 2014 12:02 AM

May 2009
I think that it's going to have some political and philosophical message at the end which honestly I saw coming but still I just hate when shows end like this or are about said messages. Still watched it anyway because visuals.
Sep 22, 2014 1:12 AM

Nov 2011
MajorZero said:
Ironically, a lot of american broadcast tv series do the same things far better than ZnT and most ZnT fans probably hate those shows with passion.

As for originality, I personally can live without it (not to mention that original doesn't mean good), if execution is good. I believe there's no point to discuss ZnT's execution since this is basically what you wrote in your last post.

Indeed. I would take 24 over this any day.

Keten summed up all of my thoughts quite well, right down to the animation and OST. Sweet~

@BRK: I don't think anyone is attacking your enjoyment of the series. Just because some of us criticize it doesn't mean we hate it.
Sep 22, 2014 3:52 AM
Oct 2012
TripleSRank said:
MajorZero said:
Ironically, a lot of american broadcast tv series do the same things far better than ZnT and most ZnT fans probably hate those shows with passion.

As for originality, I personally can live without it (not to mention that original doesn't mean good), if execution is good. I believe there's no point to discuss ZnT's execution since this is basically what you wrote in your last post.

Indeed. I would take 24 over this any day.

Keten summed up all of my thoughts quite well, right down to the animation and OST. Sweet~

@BRK: I don't think anyone is attacking your enjoyment of the series. Just because some of us criticize it doesn't mean we hate it.

Oh no, I still enjoy it and I'll gladly take flaws in a show I enjoy, I just hate it when there's blatant flaming without some background on it. You, Major Zero and Keten brings good point and I can't really saymuch cause you guys are very honest.

In short, outside of aesthetics, the show's below average in the writing and character development. I can say there's no character development and we were brought to understand them a bit but there are plenty of holes anyway.
Sep 22, 2014 6:19 AM

May 2014
BRK25 said:
In short, outside of aesthetics, the show's below average in the writing and character development. I can say there's no character development and we were brought to understand them a bit but there are plenty of holes anyway.
Some of us just can't ignore the bigger picture and marvel at the direction and scene composition of each episode, that's also due to the story structure with a plot driven overarching narrative in a short series.

I will say that is slight character development in Twelve when he warms up to Lisa, but other than that everyone else is static and there is absolutely no indication of change(perhaps Nine, but his motive(backstory) will be made more clear and concise hopefully)

What's done is done, it's obvious the series can't dig itself back up on the writing front, so at most expecting a good stand alone finale episode.

There are plot holes and unclear motivations, but you've done your best to flesh them out yourself without too much overstepping from the presented narrative. Many appreciate that (;
Sep 22, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2012
Why they killed the only good character in that anime
Sep 22, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2014
thepath said:
Why they killed the only good character in that anime
Because killing characters is the new black, didn't you want that?
Sep 22, 2014 8:31 AM

Jun 2014
I hope that in the last episode the atomic bomb will explode :D
Sep 22, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
L3gEnDaRy said:

That would be complete nonsense ,seeing how so far they really rubbed in the fact that even if they are terrorist "they don't kill" innocent bystanders and all that crap.

It was such a huge cop out.Like they are bad guys ,but not really baddy-bad guys,just some above average anarchists that the anime still wants you to care and root for.
Sep 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2011
macamiki said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
This anime started out so well, but now I am not so sure. First Lisa just started ruining it and getting in the way and now things are getting a bit weird.

I really thought they had some interesting motive, but it is looking more like they really are going for the, 'life fucked us, so we will fuck japan, because the world sucks'. I suppose the early Death Note feels got me thinking this anime would be more than it is. Or to say something different, I was expecting more of a thriller, and it seems to at least be trying to be symbolic and psychological, which is fine if you like that, but I am personally a bit disappointed.

Oh and RIP 5's Engrish.

if this is the case then this anime failed it self
however i still hope that the key to this messed up plot lies in the ending that will tie everything up
we still have no idea why they did all that they dont have much time to live and that project prob wont repeat it self due to its failure so why

Yeah I agree, I am hoping the last episode will wrap it up properly, but I will not get my hopes up.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
This show now has pretty much all the hallmarks of an overhyped questionably written Aniplex original series. Had I realized it was being produced and marketed by them before it aired I would probably have tempered my expectations a hell of a lot more so as to be less disappointed, but I'm not going to lie right now I pretty much am. It just feels like no matter how talented the director, writer or whatever staff member nobody is truly safe from the Aniplex style over substance curse. They even make Madhouse look like B-Tier animators when they give them Mahouka somehow which I don't understand.

amateur said:
L3gEnDaRy said:

That would be complete nonsense ,seeing how so far they really rubbed in the fact that even if they are terrorist "they don't kill" innocent bystanders and all that crap.

It was such a huge cop out.Like they are bad guys ,but not really baddy-bad guys,just some above average anarchists that the anime still wants you to care and root for.

With Aniplex in charge it really doesn't matter in the long run, I could totally see them doing it since they absolutely love the shock value approach and people thinking or at least themselves thinking they're making daring and original productions and that they "have the balls" to do something like that.
Sep 22, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
I'm surprised to see all the hate over this episode. I found it pretty thrilling, though I'm not entirely sure I understand what's going on.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 22, 2014 2:33 PM
Feb 2014
BRK25 said:
I really suggest that the whole entire show of Zankyou No Terror used the Tarot cards for the characters and also for the change of events.

An example is episode ten and the tenth number is the wheel of fortune, regarding sudden changes or discovery, surprises.

Episode six goes with the Lover's arcana and while it means love and what not, it also means connection, heart, bonding and Twelve used a shirt called Double Open heart.

up to the viewer but it would make lots of sense to how the things have passed.

Now that you said it. Just remembered that the 11 card is Justice.
Sep 22, 2014 2:46 PM
Oct 2012
shigeki1994 said:
BRK25 said:
I really suggest that the whole entire show of Zankyou No Terror used the Tarot cards for the characters and also for the change of events.

An example is episode ten and the tenth number is the wheel of fortune, regarding sudden changes or discovery, surprises.

Episode six goes with the Lover's arcana and while it means love and what not, it also means connection, heart, bonding and Twelve used a shirt called Double Open heart.

up to the viewer but it would make lots of sense to how the things have passed.

Now that you said it. Just remembered that the 11 card is Justice.

Justice, in many Tarot representations, is attributed to Athena.

Athena was the patron goddess of Athens, credited with bringing not merely the idea of justice, but a model for justice, to Athens, Greece. Embedded in many versions of this card is the story of the cursed House of Atreus. Atreus broke a promise to Artemis, who in turn cursed his family, which was a house or lineage descended from Pelops and from Tantalus, who had fed his own son to the gods at a dinner party

Sep 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Five is finally gone, just half a season too late... I'm kind of uncertain if the bomb will detonate or not but it looked like a highaltitude baloon so if it does it'll probably mainly be for the EMP. In any case I hope the creators were bold enough to include something like that.
Sep 22, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2013
The show has been consistently worse as the season progressed. Both 9 and 12 couldn't keep up with the sheer force of their plans' premise and ended up becoming regular anti-heroes. There was no sense of purpose through the episodes, mostly because things were kept secret from us even though it was not necessary. This bugged me especially when we suddenly wouldn't be able to hear the last phrase of the phonecalls just because it would 'spoil' us. For God's sake, if you - the creators - chose to show 90% of this particular call, why not finish it?

And I think 5 suffered the same problem as the two guys: Their suffering, their past was not fleshed out enough so we can't really grasp their motivations. Why was she (5) on fire on 9's dreams? And they play the Savant card and simply don't expand on it. It necessarily has big impact in their personalities. I could see 5 being completely socially inapt, hence the crazy scheme just to 'play' with 9; but what about 9 and 12? At the beginning they kinda seemed like 'savants' but then simply became edgy teens.

And I don't really know what to take from Lisa. Really. However, I did like the "good" cops interaction, especially Shibazaki. If the story was told through his point of view - in a way that we still could try to understand 9 and 12 motivations and actions - I think we would have a better show. But speculation leads to nothing.
Sep 23, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
5 is dead? Good Riddance.

And the plot was recovered.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 23, 2014 3:44 AM

May 2013
Five is dead, Twelve will stop Nine, people of Japan will survive. Thats so predictable :D
Five's motives are really dumb
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Sep 23, 2014 3:45 AM

May 2014
@BRK25
Or you know, the noitaminA block usually has 11 episodes per cour, but would make too much literal sense.
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
This episode felt rushed....
Sep 23, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
This show deserved more episodes, a better villain, and thorough character development, but unfortunately I feel like we were served something with wasted potential. I enjoy the show for what it is, but I'm also supremely disappointed knowing that there is only one episode left and that's not nearly enough time to achieve all that could be achieved.

Five was such an unsatisfying villain and, fittingly so, went out in such an unsatisfying way. Kissing Nine and telling him to live for her was her endgame? It was so OCC and counter intuitive to everything she'd done thus far. It didn't vibe with her characterization and since we had very little back story on her, it's not like we could've pulled something from that to reason out her actions.

Lisa is toeing the line of being likable, but I think a lot of that rides on the assumption that she will somehow tie into the bigger plot or actually be useful in the end. This final episode will make or break her as a character. I understand her being used as a device to humanize 9 and 12, but it's impossible to believe 12 has any really, strong romantic feelings for her because she is SUCH a flat character. We literally don't know a thing about her besides that she's a runaway from a dysfunctional home and can't cook. I think it would have done wonders for her characterization, and the show as a whole, to see her trying to share some of her interests (does she even have any?) with 12. That would've given him a break from reality and I could see him romanticizing her as someone who made him feel ~normal. Maybe more scenes of her trying desperately to make 9 warm up to her, even if only as a bit of comic relief, would've helped as well.

I have a lot more thoughts, but I'm going to wait for ep 11 to see if it redeems any of it's faults.
Sep 23, 2014 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Did anyone else notice the world order poster around 10 minutes in?
Sep 23, 2014 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
Five the Yandere,
Died in a fire,
Only had one wish,
make nine her desire,
Set out to capture, to love, to tame,
only to die, in a sadness of flames
Sep 24, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2013
I don't understand.. what's the atomic bomb for?
Sep 24, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2012

feel like... Nine wants to do suicide.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Sep 24, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
I was a tad bit disappointed, this episode was a bit sloppy and rushed :/
Even the art and animation was off at times. The last few minutes went by way too fast, I wish we could've seen Five and Nine talk a bit before she blew herself up.
Sep 24, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2014
While I am incredibly pleased that Five is FINALLY FUCKING DEAD, I am extremely disappointed by the face-to-face Nine and Five confrontation. I didn't expect it to be so... brief. The anime has been really building up to that for the past few episodes so that was a letdown.

But everything is else is top notch. I cannot wait to see how this ends. Hurry up, Friday!
Sep 24, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2008
PrimeX said:
I don't understand.. what's the atomic bomb for?
from my understanding it was for revenge against america for the bombing of japan in wwII
Sep 25, 2014 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
I wish they'd fleshed out Five a bit more, all we really knew about her was that she was obsessed with surpassing Twelve. :/ Well there are subtler things that might indicate some stuff about her character but that's just me speculating.
Sep 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2011
The fuck is wrong with Summer anime and suicide? Re Hamatora, DRAMAtical Murder, and now this.. at the very fucking least she didn't kill herself by shooting in the head. She still killed herself tho.. The hell.

So, if anyone knows what's the deal with her, please send me a message. I couldn't really figure her out, that or, she's just a shitty villain.

R.I.P. Japan.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2014 8:57 PM

Dec 2013
I can't possibly put in words how much i love this and how glad i am i picked this up, i'm just gonna put that last scene here, i'm speechless...

FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 27, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
When I started watching this episode I was wondering if something was going to happen, since it hasn't been that since the first few episodes. But I'm not disappointed, this was pretty cool!

Made me think about the real life nukes, cool live weapon testing USA-style.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 27, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2009
Everything about Five pisses me off, I'm just glad there's at least one episode left without her.
Sep 27, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
Bringing back the engrish in full force this episode.

Wow! I mean I expected Five to die pretty soon, due to her health, but that was not how I saw it coming at all.

With one episode remaining I'm really unsure how this will all go down.
Sep 27, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
Never expected Nine to surrender.

Awe Lisa x Twelve theme park date... Lisa was a bit rude, bringing up Nine all the time...

Five is stupid... burning to death is bad. I thought she was going to put one in her head.

Bomb goes up... EMP time.
Sep 28, 2014 4:29 PM
Dec 2010
Dat ending scene. Once again I am at a loss for words. Everything hurtles toward the conclusion. Oh, and while I was surprised their face-to-face showdown was so short, it's thematically appropriate. All she wanted to do was beat Nine, and she did. Characters don't have to get an extended, overlong send-off when they die (looking at you, Akame ga Kill).

My body is ready for this ending.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Sep 29, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2013
Five killing herself had me in shock for a good 15 seconds. I guess she knew she was gonna die by the drugs eventually.

Sep 29, 2014 2:58 AM

Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
R.I.P Five :''( That kiss was too brief too ;3;

I hope Japan burns lol
Me too. I love explosions! :)

Sep 29, 2014 2:24 PM
Mar 2013
WOAH I never expected that five was going to kill herself

The last episode will be soooo exciting! I can't wait
(unfortunately, I have to catch some sleep now so I'll have to wait until tomorrow =.= )
Sep 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
You know they actually managed to turn five's character around in the end, this episode was all around pretty phenomenal, now onto the last episode.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2014 7:15 PM

May 2013
I wish this series got more episodes, the ending feels rushed, very enjoyable though.
Oct 1, 2014 6:15 AM

Jan 2012
Five is one creepy, crazy girl. I still have no idea what her deal was but guess it doesn't matter now, only one ep left to watch.
Oct 1, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
Why did 5 kill herself?

Well shit, I wonder if those teens that loved sphinx still love them now lmao. Excited for this last episode.
Oct 1, 2014 11:56 PM

Dec 2013
I honestly thought that Five showed up to serve some greater purpose, or with a higher goal in mind, but I guess my wishful thinking amounted to little more than a pipe dream. Seriously. Talk about a waste of time.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Oct 5, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2014
Awesome episode!

12 distracted 5 in order to help 9. 5 betrayed the FBI and then killed herself. 9 said goodbye to Japan. It was great! *_*

The only think I didn't like this episode is the way 5's suicide was made. That was the lamest explosion I've seen -_- If you pay attention you can see 5 magically disappear a fraction of a second before the explosion -_- All the episodes have stunning art but this..

One episode left. I'm so excited :D
Oct 6, 2014 12:20 PM

May 2014
Great episode. I'm glad that Five is finally gone. Can't wait for the finale!
Oct 8, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2008
Well that was stupid.
Oct 8, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2012
I was expecting Five to go full yandere and go for a double suicide

she loved Nine.

Oct 10, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
So much shit happened. Twelve turned himself in, Five makes an enemy out of America and commits suicide, and then Japan is going to get nuked? Well I expect a great final episode.
Oct 13, 2014 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
So uh....what? Was this written via Idea Balls?

Seriously, what the heck, this show was bad, but this is a new low. Oh well, at least there's just one episode left.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

873 by linzblue »»
May 30, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

544 by Yushh »»
May 20, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

420 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 19, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.