Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Sinnon has a lovely bottom, as usual. Waiting for some good Doujinshi.
Sep 13, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
Kittenpotpie said:
holy shit goku could have shot a spirit bomb in less time than they spent in that damn cave

ANd that would be a problem if this was action show. this is not an action show.

Delca said:
3/5 for this.
The eps itself is good, but Sinon's ass shots are too much. Really ruined the mood -_-
Her original character design wasn't that revealing. Come on A-1, I don't want my favorite character potrayed as a slut. She wasn't like that at all in the novel.

In the novel, the mood at the cave were tense as they are speculating lots of possibilities. But in the anime, Kirito miraculously knew everything after looking at Sinon's ass -_-

It would not be MAL without slutshaming. *sigh*
Sep 13, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
Sinon ass shot galore this episode was. Much ass, wow.
Sep 13, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 2013
I feel like I already knew what was going to happen...
Sep 13, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
lol what's up with all the awkward fan service camera shots
That's pretty creepy though. Having someone hover over your unconscious body

Sep 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Nice ep. Sinon was still a bit like, "Help me, Kirito" in this ep, but not as bad as last week. That fanservice, agh. Need Asuna's reaction to Kirito x Sinon. Really hate this ALO stuff, does anyone actually care for it? It just takes up valuable screen time. Does getting killed in real life show in the game? Like do they feel it?
Sep 13, 2014 11:23 AM

Sep 2013
It seems we can never get enough of Sinon's perpetual plumber butt lol
Sep 13, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
The episode was alright and it felt kinda slow. The suggestive angles aimed at Sinon was annoying though.
Sep 13, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
The fan service made me cringe, it was so unnecessary....
Of course Kirito figured out death gun's plan he's Kirito after all
And hurr durr I knew he was sterben (it means to die in german)
Sep 13, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
To tell the truth, I only noticed Sinon's butt this episode.
So the truth behind the pk is reveladed, at least in theory, and a camera caught them on the cave.
Sep 13, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
The whole episode went by in the cave :/
I am just wondering why Kirito doesn't just log out and alarm people of what's happening, rushing to Sinon's place and catching that bastard, instead of defating Death Gun and obviously lettin the man in Sinon's room disappear.
I suppose that would kill the Tournament and the author wants the tournament. Seriously, I am trying to like SAO, event ho I absolutely hating the first season and even though I really liked almost everything about the second one, now this nonsense doesn't stand well with me.

That shit with servers being by an overseas company also puzzles me. Okay, so people die playing THEIR game yet this fabulous company just "stays overseas not giving a crap", yet japanese intelligence is investigating it? Oookay.
Sep 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Sword art online should have ended at episode 14 first season. It was the only good season. Like it more that they would all die and was stuck in that world. Romance and action was better also (like swords).
Sep 13, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 2014
OH MY FUCKING GOD STOP WITH THE ASS SHOTS
Sep 13, 2014 11:50 AM
Apr 2014
Morridine said:
The whole episode went by in the cave :/
I am just wondering why Kirito doesn't just log out and alarm people of what's happening, rushing to Sinon's place and catching that bastard, instead of defating Death Gun and obviously lettin the man in Sinon's room disappear.
I suppose that would kill the Tournament and the author wants the tournament. Seriously, I am trying to like SAO, event ho I absolutely hating the first season and even though I really liked almost everything about the second one, now this nonsense doesn't stand well with me.

With this comment, its already proved that you didn't pay attention at all.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
darkreaver94 said:

He can't log out in the middle of the tournament.

Ah... might have missed that. But even that's kinda weird. So if he needs to pee he just pees in his bed ? I mean if you think about it as a real person living in the real world, this kind of restraining ingame limit is kinda bull.
Sep 13, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
Reyxe said:

With this comment, its already proved that you didn't pay attention at all.

Please... stop using words like "not... at all" just because my comment somehow, obviously, hurt your feeling. Yes, sometimes I forget details that make no sense from my point of view. Sue me :/
Sep 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
They coming up with some nice stuff there, but Death Gun is next lvl.

S/O to A-1 pics.
Sep 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
Sounds creepy how death gun 2 is like inside the house of Sinon with that injection needle O_O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 13, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2013
Asuna is annoying me a little bit
Sep 13, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
I couldn't stop laughing when he looked at her buttcrack and was suddenly enlightned xD
Yeah, I know, he saw that she didn't had her pistol anymore, but the camera angle was too funny.

''Oh. Look a camera. You know, we could take another position to lower the misunderstandingm, butt who cares? Except my girlfriend...''

So they are two people to execute their plan. Well, I guess it make sense. Though, it's still weird that they can't see it in an autopsy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
I like how now that Sinon has joined Kirito's harem, and has effectively become useless, she can finally fulfill her one and true purpose: ass-shots galore.
Sep 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2007
So using Kirito's theory, Death Gun can only have a few specific targets in the tournament, as any targets would have needed to fit the following critiera:

1. They live in close enough proximity that his partner can get to them in time for the kill.
2. They have been confirmed (probably by some quality stalking) to be living alone, in a house/apartment with a certain type of outdated electronic lock.
3. He has to stalk specific targets in game at certain times as he must kill them in the order he has planned with his partner, and not before an agreed upon time.

Naturally there are some plot holes involved:

1. How do they know that any physical locks on a target's house/apartment aren't set (as any signs of forced entry would ruin the illusion that they were killed by an in-game bullet)?
2. If they are carefully selecting targets who could die in real life and no one would think to check on them until they had decomposed (as, again, the illusion would be ruined if police/medical examiners could determine the real cause of death), then why would they choose a schoolgirl (are they really trying to argue that if a student doesn't show up to class for multiple weeks, no one would check her apartment/notify police)?
Sep 13, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
The show made it sound like Kirito was only theorizing, so are we as viewers supposed to accept Kirito's theories as facts or what? I just find it hard to believe he had an epiphany and figured Death Gun's plans so easily... especially after looking at Sinon's ass.

Of course I'm kidding about the last part, but Kirito figuring stuff out didn't feel clever but forced. It didn't feel like a revelation, but just a dragged out info dump. Wish they could have made the discovery much more gradual so it doesn't come off as Kirito having a lightbulb go off and suddenly putting all the puzzle pieces together, puzzle pieces that he didn't even gather yet (like a second death gun invading into another person's apartment, knowing what kind of locks people have, etc.).

I liked the fact that the ALO characters have figured stuff out too. Was wondering for awhile what the point of them were in this arc.

Meh episode, especially after a pretty repetitive episode last week.
Sep 13, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
boku said:
A-1, please, stop with all the ass shots, suggestive poses and angles.
The cave scene felt so much more platonic in the novel...

^^^^
the mood felt awkward when Sinon could be in danger of dying and yet we're still seeing ass shots of her.

Other than that, nice episode.
Sep 13, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2012
Great episode(:
Awesome how Kirito can figure out their whole plot by seeing a lizard. XD
All hail the lizard
Sep 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
TheTsunami said:
So using Kirito's theory, Death Gun can only have a few specific targets in the tournament, as any targets would have needed to fit the following critiera:

1. They live in close enough proximity that his partner can get to them in time for the kill.
2. They have been confirmed (probably by some quality stalking) to be living alone, in a house/apartment with a certain type of outdated electronic lock.
3. He has to stalk specific targets in game at certain times as he must kill them in the order he has planned with his partner, and not before an agreed upon time.

Naturally there are some plot holes involved:

1. How do they know that any physical locks on a target's house/apartment aren't set (as any signs of forced entry would ruin the illusion that they were killed by an in-game bullet)?
2. If they are carefully selecting targets who could die in real life and no one would think to check on them until they had decomposed (as, again, the illusion would be ruined if police/medical examiners could determine the real cause of death), then why would they choose a schoolgirl (are they really trying to argue that if a student doesn't show up to class for multiple weeks, no one would check her apartment/notify police)?

Sinnon is a confirmed lone who has pretty much no friends and is a social outcast, so she fits the pattern.

A good thief can break in without the signs of breaking in as long as the locks are simple enough
Sep 13, 2014 12:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wonder if Asuna and friends saw Kirito that close with Sinon xD

Lots of Sinon's rear this episode. Kirito finds out that DG works in a pair and that there is probably someone in Sinon's room waiting to drug her. Next episode could be the long awaited one.

Sep 13, 2014 12:22 PM

Feb 2011
Ok this is becoming ridiculous with all the ass shots.

Even for my standards.
Sep 13, 2014 12:24 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
UnbornMVs said:
Ok this is becoming ridiculous with all the ass shots.

Even for my standards.

Sinon's rear has more screen time than Asuna, Silica, Liz, and Klein xD

Sep 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2007
Fai said:
Sinnon is a confirmed lone who has pretty much no friends and is a social outcast, so she fits the pattern.

A good thief can break in without the signs of breaking in as long as the locks are simple enough

Confirmed to live alone, but the other question still remains: if a high school student didn't attend school for a couple weeks or more consecutively (as would be necessary for adequate decomposure), would the school do nothing? Also, if they were doing their homework they would have known that she does have at least one IRL friend.
Sep 13, 2014 12:27 PM
Aug 2014
4/5

I'm pleased witht the explanation about Death Gun and his methods but the episoode could have used some action to flesh it out.

At least they cant drag it out any longer so heres to non-stop action until the finish.

Aug 2013
Sinon's ass seems to be traumatizing a lot of people...

I thought it was a pretty boring episode overall. Nothing really interesting happened, but I guess we'll get the exciting stuff next week, hopefully.
Oct 2012
TheTsunami said:

They scouted the locations before they attacked. So its reversed, they had a list of players, found out which of those met their criteria and then selected those to kill.

TheTsunami said:

That will be explained later.
Sep 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
I knew it! I knew there had to be more than one person. Can't wait to see how this all goes down now.

I couldn't imagine knowing there was somebody near my real-life body ready to kill me.
Sep 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2007
Takuan_Soho said:

TheTsunami said:

That will be explained later.

Ok, that is good.
Sep 13, 2014 12:41 PM
Dec 2012
I loved the episode. I will say that I was a little surprised at all the ass shots but I enjoyed it lol.
I have a question though, maybe I missed something but is Kiritos arm injured? Maybe I misinterpreted things but I saw him hold it as if it were injured.

Anyway, I can't wait for next week. With the and aldnoah zero, next weekend will be epic!
Sep 13, 2014 12:44 PM
Oct 2012
They are taking the worst plan ever. I have a better plan.
Step 1: Kirito gets Shino's information and dies or forces a log out (since he can't log out manually)
Step 2: Kirito tells police where she lives and there is a guy waiting to killer her
Step 3: Police silently raid the building (preferably with paramedics in the background just in case) and take in the accomplise
Step 4: (This part is a little shaky but still better then their current plan) get partner to turn on friend by offering deal
Step 5: arrest Death Gun
Step 6: Profit

Their plan will logically not work. Kirito is in a secured hospital and did not enter his information into the box. So Death Gun has no insentive to go after him because he won't be able to shoot him, and if he did and his accomplise somehow learned where he was and tried to break in, he'd be caught in minutes. Death Gun has plenty of insentive to go after Shinon though, I mean the guy is already set up in their room. He's going to ignore Kirito, and go after Shinon if they want to use logic.

This is a good show but the amount of faulty logic in this episode boggles my mind. If anyone can prove my logic wrong please do.
Manaburn7Sep 13, 2014 12:47 PM
Sep 13, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
Manaburn7 said:
Step 1: Kirito gets Shino's information and dies or forces a log out (since he can't log out manually)
Step 2: Kirito tells police where she lives and there is a guy waiting to killer her
Step 3: Police silently raid the building (preferably with paramedics in the background just in case) and take in the accomplise
Step 4: (This part is a little shaky but still better then their current plan) get partner to turn on friend by offering deal

Their plan will logically not work. Kirito is in a secured hospital and did not enter his information into the box. So Death Gun has no insentive to go after him because he won't be able to shoot him, and if he did and his accomplise somehow learned where he was and tried to break in, he'd be caught in minutes. Death Gun has plenty of insentive to go after Shinon though, I mean the guy is already set up in their room. He's going to ignore Kirito, and go after Shinon if they want to use logic.

This is a good show but the amount of faulty logic in this episode boggles my mind. If anyone can prove my logic wrong please do.

Even dead players can't log-out till the tournament ends.
Sep 13, 2014 12:50 PM
Jun 2011
Manaburn7 said:

as outhers already posted they cant log out while they compete there so it impossible to do all this
Sep 13, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
alextremo said:
I have a question though, maybe I missed something but is Kiritos arm injured? Maybe I misinterpreted things but I saw him hold it as if it were injured.

He was shot last episode. They didn't show it, but they did show the orange injury marker when he picked Shion up and got her out of the arena.

The animation implied that DG had shot him, but that wasn't the case in the novel. Muskateer X was the one who shot him.
Sep 13, 2014 12:57 PM
Oct 2012
Alright, I'll give that he can't log out, but I also maintain he will have no interest in going after Kirito. He won't be able to do anything (secured hospital, no information). Is there no way in the game to send an SOS message, maybe try to get someone to disconnect him while he is in game. And if there is no way to send an SOS to the developer's or something. I'll give that this plan now makes logical sense. Still a little contrived, but its better.

Edit: also there is a way to log out. They say the atmosphere can't do any damage to the brain, so all it would take is one person taking it off and bam he's out. Maybe he can try to get a message to the guy who hired him in a code, or just say get me out while the cams are looking at him.
Sep 13, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2010
wow basickly this whole ep is just kirito being a smartass figuring out on how death gun kill people, fucking genius
Sep 13, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 2014
Bit slow episode, but we got lots of information!
I wonder what Sterben means (If that even is Death Guns identity?)
Sep 13, 2014 1:04 PM
Apr 2014
TheTsunami said:
Fai said:

Confirmed to live alone, but the other question still remains: if a high school student didn't attend school for a couple weeks or more consecutively (as would be necessary for adequate decomposure), would the school do nothing? Also, if they were doing their homework they would have known that she does have at least one IRL friend.

"couple weeks"... isn't it enough to be decomposed already? ....................... even if the school would do something, it would happen after one week, or something, just enough time for the drug to disappear

Manaburn7 said:

Death Gun will still attack Kirito cause he have a personal grudge against him, also, he won't be able to take Sinon down until Kirito is gone.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 13, 2014 1:08 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, who would have thought that there are two death guns now things get very interesting.
Sep 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
more ass shots pls
away with the homos
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 13, 2014 1:14 PM
Jul 2013
Sep 13, 2014 1:21 PM
Mar 2013
So much talking no action.

Sinon and Kirito relationship is like big brother and little sister.
Sep 13, 2014 1:27 PM
Feb 2013
SAO. it now make sense as to how Death gun kills his target, there are 2 of them and I'm thinking that Sinon's guy friend is either the one playing GGO or the one who is killing the target in the real world.
Sep 13, 2014 1:29 PM

May 2012
much ass :) and more to go..

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Just finished this season...

Ilhan391 - Oct 1

37 by meixshii »»
Oct 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.