Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2011
Sakura's design bothers me a bit. It just seems awkward with orange hair, purple eyes and big red polka-dotted bows.

Besides that it made me laugh more than once and the characters seem likeable c:
Jul 6, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 6, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
Haha her face when they are on the bike xD

I don't get how he can right a romance manga if he knows nothing about romance ! :O
Jul 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
Chiyo is so cute.
My god Nozaki is dense lol. Shouldn't be surprising though.
Her two attempts at confessions resulted in her saying that she's a fan XD
lol bike scene
Can't wait for more.
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 PM
Mar 2013
That was great! I'm looking forward to the side character romance.
Jul 6, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
Comedy wise this was okay,romance wise this is bad.

Most awkward bike ride I've seen in anime.

"What's so good about a guy like that."

Feel like muting whenever Nozaki's cliche shoujo manga appears.

Guarantee the girl won't properly confess till the last episode.
YorusighJul 6, 2014 3:37 PM
Jul 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
Damn....xDDD

I hope he eventually will notice her before the end of the show xDDD
Jul 6, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
The episode was just an amazing watch, just didn't like the opening song. But the ending song was just sooooo good :D

Main character is completely awesome with her inside head tsukkomi and everything :D

Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
haha seems amusing Love Sakura's personality
<3 she's adorable
hahaha so he's a little think headed
DAT BIKE I fucking lost it
great first ep I hope it has a closed ending but they never do :(
I got sacred at the op I thought i was watching a reverse Harem O_O
[/quote]
Jul 6, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
i knew im gonna like this because i already read the manga and is funny af with a lot unique supporting character

this and barakamon will always entertain me this summer
Jul 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Just when i thought it was good it went full shoujo after the ED
Jul 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
That was unexpectedly good!
I love Sakura's voice, it's so adorable ;//;
Jul 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Jun 2008
I loved Sakura's face in the bike scene. Priceless :D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2012
Holy crap , this anime is great hahaha

I laughed forever when he gave that autograph
Jul 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
The best part of the anime was when she admitted she's stupid. I laughed my heart out. I thought , for a moment there , that she'll finally do it and say the right words but nope "I'm a fan" . You think it is a confession? NOPE! IT'S "IM A FAN" *trollface*
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
As spomeone who reads a lot of shoujo manga, this was amazing.

Also holy shit the art in this show is good.
Jul 6, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
The show was really calming/relaxing to watch and nice to look at as the animation was really nice. I was glad to see it animated but the gags weren't funny animated (for some strange, unknown reason of mine), I guess an unfortunate downside of reading it first. But I give it it's due, the bike scene was as funny as ever.

I really liked the OP but the ED was generic and slightly annoying and not much of anything.

I'll keep watching because I enjoyed the aesthetics and its nice to see the story brought to life for 20+ minutes considering it was adapted from a 4 Koma. Hopefully the gags become funny in the anime for me, considering I can re-read scenes from the manga and find it just as funny from when I first read it. So far: Manga - 1 Anime - .5
YukonJul 6, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 6, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
That was a good surprise! I didn't think this show could be that amazing. It was hilarious. I think I'm in love. <3
Jul 6, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Not surprised that this was funny.

Its from the people who made love lab, yuru yuri, and engaged to the unidentified.
Jul 6, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
Ah yes, another fun show that I'm gonna enjoy this summer! It's always the ones that you don't know what to expect and you watch it anyway. xD
Jul 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like a really fun show.

*Loving Chiyo right now.

*I'm addicted to the opening!
Jul 6, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2008
LOL I LOVE THIS. The bike part was the best oh god

I admit I was kind of skeptical about picking this up but I did anyway because I love Tsubaki-sensei's character designs, and it definitely didn't disappoint. 5/5
Jul 6, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
DAT OPENING SONG
I could drop it in a food processor, turn that on, watch as it drips into my glass then drink it whole.

Yum. ( ̄▽ ̄)-3

Other than wishing for slightly faster pace, this episode was perfect. Can't wait for the next and for more side characters. Mikorin~♪

bethelwho said:
I love how self-aware shows like this are nowadays.

The demographic still baffles me. Everything about it screams "shoujo".
It's shounen 'cause it was printed in a shounen magazine. Demographics are skewed these days anyways since nearly 50% of shounen manga readers are female. It has universal appeal!
currycurryJul 6, 2014 5:37 PM
Jul 6, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
What an enjoyable and thoroughly amusing first episode. The pacing was pretty good too. I hope it turns out to be a very good series.
Jul 6, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
Cute overload. I don't usually like shoujo setting but I must admit I quite enjoyed this one. Also, that shoujoception.

It's funny how he's so dense himself when he's even writing shoujo manga. I know that's the point of the joke but I wonder if they will ever explain it. Probably not.

I just hope this doesn't turn in a multiple love affair.
Jul 6, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
greebo said:
Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Fight Chiyo!

Most male MCs are quite dense in romance shows. I guess if they weren't they would be over by episode 1! ^_^
still better than tsundere romance i think :I,in most cases at least...

Akanezora said:

we can only hope
Jul 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
"HEY! NOZAKI-KUN! Want a ride?" Haha! Chiyo's voice is perfect!
I hope it continues at this pace. I really loved this first episode.
Jul 6, 2014 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
Baddie007 said:
I wonder if Nozaki is gay, besides doesn't the info states that his inspiration came from one of his assistant who is a guy.

Not necessarily. Guys like him are considered as "Otomen" in Japan and are a rare type of characters nowadays. (ie: The opposite of being a tomboy for females respectively!)

They're basically straight guys who like girly stuff.
Jul 6, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2009
Is it true that mangas are restricted to laws (Two person bike riding)? If so, why other manga have people get cut in half or eaten by titans?
[right]

Jul 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha I'm loving this! I had zero expectations coming in, but it was so cute and funny! I'm already liking the two MC's relationship, poor Chiyo, she can't work up her courage to say the right line, and Nozaki even think the guy she likes is no good XD

And I knew when he told Chiyo he brought his bike, he meant the double seated ones, since just before he was telling Chiyo about bike laws haha. The cats at the end were sooo adorable, the first cat didn't even really sound like a cat, but I love the noises it made! I guess even cats love Nozaki. And lol at the way Nozaki described "Mikorin." The OP was also full of fun. Another surprise of the season for me.
Jul 6, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
porkypink said:
Is it true that mangas are restricted to laws (Two person bike riding)? If so, why other manga have people get cut in half or eaten by titans?
depends on which magazine they published i think?
Jul 6, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2010
Nice start for the series and I'm loving the OP a lot :D
Jul 6, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Kawaii! This should be a great watch considering the level of kawaii and the manga
Jul 6, 2014 6:36 PM
Mar 2013
Aah I love the manga so I was super excited for the anime to come out. It ended up being pretty funny but the manga is funnier in my opinion. The animation is great, the character's voices seem to match (Although a 'Daily lives of Highschool Boys' type of voice acting would be better) and Chiyo is super adorable <3 It's a nice break from the Akame ga Kiru which also airs today ;D
Jul 6, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2012
Akanezora said:
Cute overload. I don't usually like shoujo setting but I must admit I quite enjoyed this one. Also, that shoujoception.

It's funny how he's so dense himself when he's even writing shoujo manga. I know that's the point of the joke but I wonder if they will ever explain it. Probably not.

It's an adaptation of a gag manga, so it's mostly comedy there is no serious romance/drama in this.

I was looking forward to this the most this season, since I love the manga and it didn't disappoint.The OP/ ED were great and so were the cast choices, my only minor gripe would be the lack of OST in some scenes but it was still great.
Num1dad_AsuraJul 6, 2014 6:49 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 6, 2014 6:46 PM
Apr 2010
This is one of those animes of the season that I can watch to unwind. Definitely going to watch this.
That OP was freaking awesome too, and cute ED.
Jul 6, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2008
This is comedy gold. I'm so glad they adapted the manga. I only wish it was longer than 12 episodes, since I'm sure there's more than enough for 24.

The ending song was super freaking adorable too.

My only gripe is the voice acting of Nozaki-kun. Although it suits him just fine, it's the exact same as Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, among others. I seriously wish they space out shows with popular voice actors, because hearing the same voice for different characters frequently can get annoying. I have this problem with Miyano Mamoru, and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka too. I like them both, but they're all like cake...delicious from time to time, but sickening if eaten too much, all the time.
Estoy_GordoJul 6, 2014 7:34 PM
Jul 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Mar 2013
That was cute.. and funny. I love Chiyo she's so adorable, the type of shoujo heroine i like and Nozaki-kun, an another Nakamura Yuuichi character to love <3
Jul 6, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
damn, that was better than expected.
Jul 6, 2014 7:48 PM

Nov 2013
meh
Jul 6, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
Is the MC's VA the voices the manga drawing in Nichijou? It sounds a lot like him.
Jul 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
loved the awkward 2 seater bike ride

lots and lots of blushing >_>

not bad

Jul 6, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
When I saw Doga Kobo was going to animate this, I knew it was going to be comedy gold.

Nozaki is so adorably dense LOL! When he asked Sakura to ride his bike with him I was like "oh maybe he got a clue...no there's a punchline somewhere..." *DOUBLE BIKE!*

Nozaki: ""How do you feel?"
Sakura: "Sort of leisurely."
*I don't care anymore face*

My sides... XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 6, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
Well, it's certainly entertaining enough to keep watching. Tried and true formula's aren't bad if the characters are likable. The comedy is pretty good too.

I died when in the preview the other girl character went shuffling away while doing a handstand. Can't wait to see that in context next week.
Jul 6, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
Well i'm totally gonna watch this
Gotta lovoove RomCom! :D
Like dat op tooo
expecting a good series from this!
Jul 6, 2014 8:45 PM
Aug 2011
Wow such a pleasant surprise, i'm impressed.

I had slim to no expectations but I liked everything about this.
It was funny without being overbearing which also gives it a laid-back feel.

I'll be looking forward to the rest!
Jul 6, 2014 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty funny episode. I thought the voice for the manga's hero was familiar.

I looked it up.

It's Mamoru Miyano.

No surprise there, since he is the king of shoujo male leads. I was laughing so hard when I saw his name in the character list. I can't believe I recognized his voice in the one or two lines he had. LOL.
Jul 6, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2014
When I first saw the synopsis for this anime I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. The first episode was perfect! It was funny and cute.

I really hope that by the end of the season she can finally tell him how she feels. Definitely going to keep watching this one!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
So much fun, I love these kind of shows.

I know it's the theme of the anime, or at least the title of the first episode but this has some pretty strong shoujo vibes for a shounen.
Jul 6, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know it's just me, but the OP just gets me all hyped. It's pretty good.

This was a funny episode. I love all the bike scenes, especially the bike ride and when Chiyo was like "Hey Nozaki-kun, want a ride?" I was dying XD.

The 2nd confession, and the cycle begins....

So far this show got me really interesting, although I didn't think so much of it before it started. Episode 2 will be interesting....
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are Iseaki/Fantasy shows really popular in Japan or something?

removed-user - Sep 5

13 by SoulessAnime »»
Sep 5, 1:57 PM

» The final boss of every comedy anime

JustSomeone15 - May 30

14 by Zakir_knight »»
Aug 26, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

511 by FleshWound »»
Jul 12, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.