Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 23, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The whole episode reveals a half disappointment, usually shonen.
But the final promo attached with pop up the whole, however, even the revelations of Nui, during the battle are interesting, but not as much as the ending.
Technically I do not see such magnificence by the Triggering.
I hope from now on vermente beginning of something new and not just rich parts of the barrel, as seen so far! ^ ^ "
Dec 23, 2013 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
Damn, Tsumugu really is awesome. Too bad he didn't have much time to shine.
Dec 23, 2013 4:02 PM
Oct 2010
fanatrick said:
invazn said:
Miumin07 said:
Calling it now: LIFE FIBERS IS PEEEEEEOPLE!

I second this.

There's gotta be a grand reason for everything.

Considering the part from the opening
http://i.imgur.com/3U5zfrb.png

Seems to be confirmed then. :)
Dec 23, 2013 4:39 PM
Jan 2012
gregthemaniac said:
fanatrick said:
invazn said:
Miumin07 said:
Calling it now: LIFE FIBERS IS PEEEEEEOPLE!

I second this.

There's gotta be a grand reason for everything.

Considering the part from the opening
http://i.imgur.com/3U5zfrb.png

Seems to be confirmed then. :)

There is something like this in the ending too
http://i.imgur.com/Wf0esUi.jpg
Dec 24, 2013 4:13 AM

May 2012
kuuurt said:
Nonon covering her eyes while Monkey was nude was cute as fuck. Nui a shit. Mako a best.

^This. Nonon succeeded to be the best character even if she had almost no role in this episode.

Nui is the classic character you can't help to hate. And when you hate a bad character, it means the wors is well done because, hell, SHE'S A BAD CHARACTER! She looks like having no mercy, nor for Ryuko nor for her father in the past. The only moment we saw her with a different expression was when Ryuko's father cutted her eye. Nice to see she has an original temper but she still has her weak point.

Mako is awesome and yes, I liked very much the power-of-friendship scene. First of all it was original. It was a P.O.F. scene but in Kill la Kill's style. Like Mako bitchslapping the hell out of Ryuko. But in the end it was king of heartwarming because of what we already saw in previous eps (Mako getting mad with the uniform).

5/5 and hopes for the future
(expecially more Nonon please)
Dec 24, 2013 5:45 PM
Dec 26, 2013 7:35 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode.

Btw, is it true that the series is on break?

Until when?
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Dec 26, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah series is on break. No episode today.
Dec 26, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2012
It seems the show will get better on the second half.
Dec 26, 2013 9:12 PM
Dec 2013
Litrydow said:

I hope so, this episode brings hope.

It's been a little stale for the first half honestly, was expecting a little more given Gurren Laggen and all. But perhaps I was presumptuous.
Dec 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
Stark700 said:
Yeah series is on break. No episode today.

OST is out. Listening to 03 澤野 弘之 - 犬Kあ3L now ^_^
Dec 26, 2013 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
Litrydow said:

It probably wont.
Dec 27, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
Wow Matoi went to a SkullGreymon version of TTGL 3. She must train and correct this mistake.

And the blond brat is a dead girl walking.
Dec 27, 2013 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
I still do not think that Nui was the one who killer Matoi Isshin...I just do not.
And such a shame that anime was put on break,even though it is an short one.
Dec 27, 2013 10:28 PM

Nov 2011
Even if this episode was a bit predictable awesome episode regardless, such a blast to watch with so many stuff going on in this episode and even got a bit of back story on her father :D

Loved it xD
Dec 28, 2013 1:52 AM

Oct 2010
OnE of The BeSt F***KING AWESOMEEEEE Anime of this SEASON !!! man i m so loving each n every episode ...looking forward to next episode .
[if u r thinking i meant ecchi then remove that doubt too as ecchi is also excellent BUT Even without ecchi this anime will ROCK !!!]
Dec 28, 2013 12:52 PM
Dec 2013
Dr. Matoi is badass.
Dec 30, 2013 2:00 AM

Apr 2013
Once again Mako save's the day :)
Dec 30, 2013 6:36 PM
Aug 2011
Did Mako just swim through the universe?

She and Satsuki made this episode, as for Nui, she is just way too annoying and I can't stand her voice.
Jan 1, 2014 4:22 PM

Aug 2011
This episode ended way too quickly.

RyukoxMako when.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Nui. Maybe it was the way she brutally dug that blade into Ryuko's dad without a second thought. Hopefully she isn't killed off or thrown aside too soon.

Jan 1, 2014 8:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nabris said:

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Nui. Maybe it was the way she brutally dug that blade into Ryuko's dad without a second thought. Hopefully she isn't killed off or thrown aside too soon.

You aren't alone, I think she's a brilliant character. I love her animation style, it's very unique and menacing
Jan 2, 2014 6:07 AM

Apr 2012
msdrakegx said:
Nabris said:

You aren't alone, I think she's a brilliant character. I love her animation style, it's very unique and menacing

Same as you two, I actually quite like her aside from her OP-ish-ness, her char design is actually kinda cute and I also like how Yukari Tamura voices her, it kinda fits like a seemingly playful girl~ Though I wonder why she refers to herself as "Boku"?
Jan 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Is there an episode today?
Jan 2, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
TheKingOfTown said:

Nope, next Thursday on the 9th.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 2, 2014 4:08 PM
Oct 2013
migohunter said:
TheKingOfTown said:

Nope, next Thursday on the 9th.

I thought it came on every Wednesday. What happened?
Light502Jan 2, 2014 4:12 PM
Jan 2, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2012
Hiroyuki91 said:
I thought it came on every Wednesday. What happened?

Winter Break happened, iirc
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jan 2, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad but all the revelations were made in previous episode and this one only explained it.

And who knows, by the end Satsuki and Ryouko will be friends.
Jan 4, 2014 3:18 PM

Dec 2009
And that's the halfway mark, not bad all things considering, i dont see Satsuki and Ryuuko working together but I could be wrong
Jan 6, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2013
xSanox said:
what an episode

Yeah!
Jan 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
I just finished rewatching all 12 episodes and I liked this episode a lot more the second time around. It got me very excited for the second half of the season. Can't wait!
Jan 8, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was a weird episode, also really predictable... but ah well, guess I'll just have to see how things play out. Was a little disappointed in this one though, pulling the "love/friendship solves everything" card again... and only 4 episodes apart.

Action was good though, I guess. The part where Sanageyama was nude was pretty funny too.
Jan 11, 2014 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
I tried, i really tried to catch up to kill la kill tonight, i watched episode 12 and im just in a horrible mood because of it, what the hell is this episode, what are with all these asspulls at every second, whats with sankatsu still pulling new bullshit out of thin air(lol i have more fibers because why not), whats with all the characters standing around doing nothing until the last minute, whats with them still using the same jokes over and over again, whats this inconsistent tone that cant settle for even a single frame on what it wants to be, whats with this power of friendship saves the day garbage, why the fuck does satsuki keep putting her weapon to the villains throat but stopping for no fucking reason, and most of all
WHAT-
THE-
FUCK-
is with making the dad's killer be some random fucking character that never showed up until last episode without any form of foreshadowing or screen time

this is the first time in a while where something has made me angry because of how bad it was, the only redeeming thing about that episode was that the joke about mako's dad stealing blood got a chuckle from me

This show isnt even a turn your brain off show, it doesnt get that excuse because if fails even more in that regard. I always just thought this show was boring because of how predictable its reused jokes were and how quickly i got used to its over the top feeling and its inability to change from that made it even more repetitive and predictable, but now this show has jumped down in quality from that with this episode, this was nothing short of horrible, maybe by some miracle the next 11 episodes are at least entertaining but i doubt that will happen

i envy the people that enjoy this(and more power to you), because if the rest of the series is like this episode then this is on the fast track to the lower end of this list

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 11, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
^ Yep, this episode was a serious test of patience. I actually mind the series' antics much before this episode... but after how great episode 11 ended, I was amazed at how disappointing this episode was.
Jan 14, 2014 4:25 AM

Nov 2010
That FSN pun coming from Mako :D
Poor Matoi going berserk and transforming into a bloody hulk

The entire field went into rampage and Nui's story was harsh
Satsuki is really a boss whatever she does or plan to do
Jan 15, 2014 10:38 AM
Jan 2013
Dammit, it happened again. The song starting at about 17:40 (on the crunchyroll video) before and while Mako slaps the shit out of Ryuko has been here before (episode 1, when Ryuko is in front of her home) but isn't in the OST. I can't find it for the life of me; somebody please tell me if you know where to find it.
Jan 17, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2007
Well, that Mako is really imprudent to enter Matoi and Satsuki's battle just because she wants to save her friend, but at least Matoi is safe, by now.
Jan 18, 2014 1:56 AM
Jul 2018

MAKO SAVES THE DAY!
Jan 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2008
That epic music when Satsuki's mother was revealed. Great choice there.
Also finally more Satsuki fanservice.
Disappointed by God robe berserk version a little. I expected something more beasty and less zombie like.
Jan 20, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2011
Jaw-dropping! Literally could not close my mouth while watching this ep.

The action was simply incredible. The music, storytelling and tension made me so focused on what was on screen. Blink and you'll miss a lot. Just epic.
Jan 26, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, holy crap ... what an episode O_O Nui is so hilarious. Love that she's always smiling with what she said lol :P So she took half of the scissor from Ryuuko's dad but lost her eye in the process ... interesting that her half is purple eh? :P
Ryuuko goes crazy because Senketsu can't control himself ... didn't get the shot though, but instead saved by Mako! Gotta admit I was hoping for something else (since we had an episode about that recently), but it was still pretty good I guess. Wanted Satsuki to kinda take her out though :P
So now Satsuki's planning to take over the other schools with the reworked uniforms! Hmm, that will be interesting ...
Also I'm not sure if I've commented on this already but they have an AMAZING soundtrack for this show. Loving it! :D
Jan 28, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2010
Amarrez said:
Well that was incredibly predictable. Unironically invoking the power of friendship card with absolutely no twist on it, thanks Trigger.

Mako calms down Ryuuka's heart rate, as shown before
tbh it makes sense that Mako was able to bring her back to her normal self
Ryuuko only became a monster because her heart rate was off the roof and her blood was boiling too hot, Mako is the only person who can calm Ryuuko, so yes, Ryuuko was saed by Mako.
Jan 29, 2014 2:51 AM

Mar 2010
did I hear a muda muda muda...
Jan 29, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
That really escalated quickly. I mean it really got out of hand fast.
My Candies:
Feb 22, 2014 9:17 PM
Feb 2014
Amarrez said:
Well that was incredibly predictable. Unironically invoking the power of friendship card with absolutely no twist on it, thanks Trigger.

Really because I wasn't expecting Uzu and Ryuko not to fight I'd call that a twist
Feb 28, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Another fantastic episode. Like I said a few ones back, we're being witnesses to one of the best animes out there boys.
Mar 6, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2013
i kinda see satsuki and ryuko teaming up eventuallly
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 29, 2014 7:07 AM

May 2012
Interesting episode with a great backstory and well Matoi's father sure is one hell of a bad ass looking professor! Sad he's death though... would love to see him interact in this story but well then we wouldn't get this revenge situation in the first place which is rather cool and that blond girl sure is strong even without a special suit, her going berserk was pretty intense as well and good that Mako managed to bring her back!

Let's see what will happen next but things sure are awesome!
Mar 30, 2014 1:56 PM

May 2013
Ryuko's dad is badass slicing nui's left eye. Berserked ryuko looks scary good thing mako saved the day
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 6, 2014 3:08 AM

Feb 2013
Wow....well....I'll say this much, I didn't expect the story to get this complex....so,,,,I'm pleasantly surprised. It started out very action filled, predictable, but revealed a little story bits here and there....So it was alright, but nothing great....these last 2 episodes proved me wrong, and I am now quite excited to watch the rest of it.
Apr 10, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
Satsuki....I LOVE HER SO MUCH
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.