Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 11, 2014 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
The new scientist guy seems pretty cool, average episode tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2014
See? Teleporting has good uses.

I'm starting to like Ryota now. He knew that Kikako's cero would have time lags and abused it maliciously. :3

Kuroha would make Piccolo proud because of her dodging.

Kazumi is still very perverted.

I kinda like the doctor Kogoro, kinda scary, but I have a feeling that he'll be able to help a lot.

a nice episode! :D
May 11, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
After crafting a plan, they escaped a strong enemy
and Kotori almost die without pills but was saved by others
a little ecchi scene
Ryouta and end up going to a new character
if this guy can get the pills he already should have gone to him from the beginning
May 11, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
1. Ok, that teleportation plan was actually quite clever

2. Interesting to see some slice of life moments in something serious

6/10
May 11, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
That new scientist look so fucking cool :D
The way he laughed was mad scientist level :P

I feel so dumb. I never thought that Kotori could use her power like that. It was a pretty clever plan to counter what Kotori had in mind.

So much censorship... I really have to watch it again. All that fanservice wasted on lens flare... xD

I feel like that laser girl will be bitter against her prey, they putted her in an embarrassing situation.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't trust the scientist? I bet she'll betray them. His very reasoning to help Murakami is not the least bit assuring. The only reason I can see behind Murakami's decision is that he may be the safest bet anyway. Like, how many times will the faculty-breakthrough wok?
May 11, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, Kogoro made his appearance. Can't wait for their talk next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
How Murakami broke that Kogoro's obsession with scientific explanations XDXD And got him hyped lol. Poor PC-kun T_T Why Kuroha XD Lol'd at how he even sacrificed his father's keepsake XD His eyes at the end when he got interested were awesome. I think I might like this guy ^^

you think so too??you should be my friend cause I'm getting the same impression about Kogorou.
May 11, 2014 6:12 PM

Apr 2013
I still wait for the beach episode to watch further from there , because I spoiled myself untill then. I already know what happened in episode 4 , 5 and this one without watching it.......I hate myself for reading the manga......

P.S: I might confuse the chapter , the beach episode it might already happened but so far........I already know the content.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
Classic closed eye character :P he seems interesting though

this show isn't the greatness but i still find it entertaining
May 11, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2013
Well, things have quickly gone downhill...this show had the potential to be something great, but whole scenes revolving around fanservice and non-funny jokes are really screwing with the atmosphere. I don't mind fanservice, but if you're trying to make me feel bad for a character please don't reduce them to a pair of walking boobs.
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
May 11, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Isn't the teleport girl ability a little bit OP ?

can't she just jump from a cliff and then swap with her enemy everytime ? lol
May 11, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
Again an awesome episode. It would be great if they can solve the pills problem with the cool scientist but somehow I don't trust him that much :o
May 11, 2014 8:51 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode. Even if Kotori's "smile even if you are sad" line is a bit cheesy, it fits in with Kana's predictions from the last episode. Sucks that her backstory is so tragic :(
May 11, 2014 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
That scientist dude is bad ass, it's like he lives for danger
May 11, 2014 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
Valaskjalf said:

So far she's only used her power when she was standing in place so it may not be that powerful, there may also be a proximity limit to he power. Either way it's still pretty nasty since she can always position herself right in front of an ally and the ally can just hit the harnest after the teleport.
May 11, 2014 9:28 PM
Oct 2013
Valaskjalf said:

It is actually a very powerful ability, except the person to be swapped places has to be in sight to make the teleportation work (so Kotori has to take the risk too). It's a lot more useful than Kotori first showed or thought, it only seemed useless just because she's less intelligent.
May 11, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
I'm still wondering who the brown haired girl in the OP is. This show is fantastic.
May 11, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2013
lampshades120 said:
I'm still wondering who the brown haired girl in the OP is. This show is fantastic.

The brown haired girl....isn't that just Kotori?
May 11, 2014 11:13 PM
Dec 2013
Was I the only one who preferred that the girl would die by being teleported to her own beam?
May 11, 2014 11:43 PM

Sep 2013
I loved it they mixed the happy and the sad part quite well . Love the fact that Ryouta isn't useless .
May 12, 2014 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
I felt this episode wasn't of the same quality of past episodes. Still a good episode, just not as good as the ones before it. It jumped around a lot. It went from ending the battle to Kotori's sad backstory, then jumped to slice of life fanservice and ended with introduction of a shady gay scientist. It's not a wonder they left out the scenes mentioned previously showing MC's mom and his side job, that stuff isn't really a major impact at this point and there was already a lot happening.

The ending to the battle was predictable, I saw it coming a mile away. Well, a week away. But, it was a clever way to deal with the situation and shows off that the MC isn't an idiot like most MCs.

The gay scientist seems shady as hell. He's the MCs uncle or something like that, but that doesn't make him a good guy. Yet.

All in all, can only give this one a 6/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 12, 2014 1:07 AM
Mar 2014
Scientist looks sketchy but hey if Ryouta trust him then im cool with it
May 12, 2014 1:38 AM

Feb 2014
Cool episode, one of the best anime this season and bit underrated i think. The tension in each episode is really something, It's like every other character besides the main girls and MC is against them. Kind of frustrating heavy atmosphere there. Hope they will lighten it a bit.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
May 12, 2014 2:08 AM

Mar 2012
Holy crap, that ending of the episode was awesome! The OST that started to play when Neko started destroying things to persuade Kogorou was perfect!

And I really do like Murakami due to how calm and perceptive he is in pressure situations.
May 12, 2014 2:33 AM

May 2012
Kitty_Calando said:
Well, things have quickly gone downhill...this show had the potential to be something great, but whole scenes revolving around fanservice and non-funny jokes are really screwing with the atmosphere. I don't mind fanservice, but if you're trying to make me feel bad for a character please don't reduce them to a pair of walking boobs.

Couldn't agree more. I'm almost angry at myself for still watching this, maybe I'm not really waiting for it to get better but just wanting to see if it gets worse still... haha
May 12, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2013
Fan service. I still like Kazumi.

About Kotori, glad to know her more. But the ending O_____O
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 12, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2012
05:66 wut u doin

17:33 nice harem, bro

Jitsu ni omoshiroi.
6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 12, 2014 4:44 AM

Feb 2012
It seems these character don't really understand the importance of urgency once AGAIN. Kotori is about to die yet they keep on talking. Ryouta just gives her the pill without opening it for her. Come on! Her fingers might fall in any second. Annoying! Oh well.

You must be popular... with the boys! Had to rewind it just to make sure I was reading the right subs. Lol!! Ryouta's uncle is weird, funny, and a tad suspicious.. but he's cool!

I really hope none of the girls will end up dying in the future. I really like them all.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 12, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
jbeat said:
It seems these character don't really understand the importance of urgency once AGAIN. Kotori is about to die yet they keep on talking. Ryouta just gives her the pill without opening it for her. Come on! Her fingers might fall in any second. Annoying! Oh well.

You must be popular... with the boys! Had to rewind it just to make sure I was reading the right subs. Lol!! Ryouta's uncle is weird, funny, and a tad suspicious.. but he's cool!

I really hope none of the girls will end up dying in the future. I really like them all.

We are talking about Elfen Lied author here. Nothing to say more..
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 12, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
viktimm said:
Kitty_Calando said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm almost angry at myself for still watching this, maybe I'm not really waiting for it to get better but just wanting to see if it gets worse still... haha

Well, it appears there's still a couple more girls to be added to Ryouta's harem so I'm guessing probably. ;)
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
May 12, 2014 6:29 AM
Dec 2012
I liked the first half of the episode and hated the second one. I don't know but my problem with this anime is a) the pacing and b) the plotholes and stupidity of characters...
And I really hate how you have a sad scene and right after that they shove their boobs into your face... Elfen Lied was ecchi too and contained lots of nudity but it was subtler and had better control over when to push the fanservice and when to take it slow and scary...
I also don't understand why everyone glorifies the characters so mcuh - to me they hardly have background rn except for kuroneko who has a bit of a deeper character. but they are all kind of unrealisticly painted...
I miss the scary vibe in this. :( We have fucking mutant girls but its not scary at all, like elfen lied was... and its not sad either because every sad moment is ruined by fanservice...
May 12, 2014 7:38 AM
Apr 2012
First half much better than the second half though the latter was fun and the ending intrigued me. Kotori really should have thought of what Murakami did though, pretty obvious, not too fussed that she was saved either. The AA+ witch had real fear when that guy mentioned a harsh punishment.
May 12, 2014 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
Amonilicious said:
I liked the first half of the episode and hated the second one. I don't know but my problem with this anime is a) the pacing and b) the plotholes and stupidity of characters...
And I really hate how you have a sad scene and right after that they shove their boobs into your face... Elfen Lied was ecchi too and contained lots of nudity but it was subtler and had better control over when to push the fanservice and when to take it slow and scary...
I also don't understand why everyone glorifies the characters so mcuh - to me they hardly have background rn except for kuroneko who has a bit of a deeper character. but they are all kind of unrealisticly painted...
I miss the scary vibe in this. :( We have fucking mutant girls but its not scary at all, like elfen lied was... and its not sad either because every sad moment is ruined by fanservice...

Would have to agree here. The pacing of Serious fight --> Kotori talk --> Breast picnic --> Gay Mad Scientist Uncle really could have been done better.

Ryouta proves once again just how OP his brain is. Quick thinking bought him time, to decipher the true meaning behind Kana's foresight, even quicker thinking allowed him to hangup Kikako. Not surprising I guess, since he's from the same gene pool as that Mad scientist Kogorou.

Kinda feel sorry for Kotori, but at the same time, as some have stated, the talk was unnecessarily long. I mean, the girl must be bleeding to death with her skin about to split and fall off, those tears weren't of sadness, she was crying because that shit would hurt like hell! Halfway into the conversation the one thought I had in the back of my mind was "She probably wished she really was dead already... as in 'Let me die and get this over with!' ". I mean I know in the manga it all depends on your reading speed, but seriously she was spewing blood already before the battle, I was waiting for her skin to smoke and melt away at any minute there. Made me really wish Ryouta DID ram that pill down her throat.

Kogorou being the arrogant, self centered man he is will only work obsessively for his own interests. No worries about betrayal there XD

Am enjoying every minute of this anime. Next episode can't come any sooner!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 12, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
I think I'm gonna like the scientist character.

May 12, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2011
That retarted fanservice and mood-breaking picnic scenes kinda irritate me. The ending was intriguing tho. OK episode.
May 12, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
Why am I still watching this? might as well wait for the BluRay.
May 12, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2010
Fantastic episode! This is easily one of my top 2 series this season. It even inspired me to read the manga!

They do like to censor things though don't they? I wonder what the blu-ray will look like?

I'm liking our scientist friend so far, I wonder what he will bring to the series? Only time(or the manga)will tell!
May 12, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting, a scientist... I expect Ryouta to tell him about the pills and make him try to make more of them by delivering one of them to study.
Good episode with it's serious and less serious moments, i'm glad that the teleportation part went the way I hopes. Would have been horrible if Kotori were some psycho mad killer.
May 12, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Awe....sad first part :'(

Anyway, still intrigued. Pretty excited to see where this is going :)
May 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2010
I like the new character at the end there.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode I liked how they beat the AA+

Dang you light beam >:3

I wonder how the doc will be able to help?
May 12, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
The scientist at the end made me laugh. They peaked his interest and he was like, TALK NOW!

Great episode!!!
May 12, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty predictable way to kill the AA+. Kotori's back story was okay, I guess. Didn't like the way the episode ended, it was way too abrupt which is a common theme in this anime.
I know they need pills but a while back someone said they stole "special" pills, so maybe the pills they're taking now fixes them and they don't really need anymore pills? Something to think about at least.
May 12, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
That scientist is rad
May 12, 2014 7:06 PM

Apr 2013
Joshua1207 said:
Pretty predictable way to kill the AA+. Kotori's back story was okay, I guess. Didn't like the way the episode ended, it was way too abrupt which is a common theme in this anime.
I know they need pills but a while back someone said they stole "special" pills, so maybe the pills they're taking now fixes them and they don't really need anymore pills? Something to think about at least.

As I said....the only way , based on my deduction and what I've seen anime only , to get rid of the need for pills is to find a way to separate the symbiote from the host. That creature you saw in the earlyer episodes is the symbiote , it feeds on his host but in order to keep it from devour his host you need those pills.

The 2nd switch is , basically , releasing the parasite/symbiote and get devoured by it. The 3rd switch , I suspect and hope , is taking out the recipient with the symbiote out of them.

If you've seen the Spiderman cartoon where....Eddie Brook separates from Venom........its similar to that but instead of loosing his mind to the symbiote they get devoured by that creature.
May 12, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
Danpmss said:
PS: Knowing the situation in chapter 100, this can even have an official ending (manga ending), for those who were scared about the possibility of this show having an original ending.

I too also feel ch100 is a great place for the anime ending, I just don't think there are enough episodes to cover that many materials. I am kind of worry how the anime staff is going to handle that.

BTW I just read ch101 and it looks like the manga still has a long way to go.
May 12, 2014 8:43 PM

Oct 2012
Kikako doesn't like to skip leg day. That part with Shino was cringey as hell. And Kotori joined the fray. Really liking the series.
May 12, 2014 8:55 PM
Aug 2011
Hopefully i'm not the only weirdo that laughed when they put a paper bag on the girl's head.
May 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2011
that scientist at the end is a boss, i love him already! best character 2014 10/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

404 by bakakisima »»
Aug 17, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

222 by bakakisima »»
Aug 16, 9:16 AM

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.