Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was a change of mood. Went from all serious to lighthearted in the second half. I'm not a fan of Kotori but her abilities can come quite handy when the time asks for it.

RIP cake.
Well the girls are having their fun. Oh shit, that ending.
May 11, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
I'm not enjoying that much this adaptation.
The manga has a better control of it's pacing and foreshadowings (every chapter has a "wow, i need to see the next one" moment. In the anime, they even destroyed the tension behind the scenes (like at the end of episode 3), privatizing the climax of every chapter into something with no rhythm whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick around, because I love Kazumi.
Still, I recommend reading the manga rather than watch the anime.

PS: Knowing the situation in chapter 100, this can even have an official ending (manga ending), for those who were scared about the possibility of this show having an original ending.
May 11, 2014 7:08 AM

Feb 2014
Danpmss said:
The manga has a better control of it's pacing and foreshadowings (every chapter has a "wow, i need to see the next one" moment. In the anime, they even destroyed the tension behind the scenes (like at the end of episode 3), privatizing the climax of every chapter into something with no rhythm whatsoever.

PS: Knowing the situation in chapter 100, this can even have an official ending (manga ending), for those who were scared about the possibility of this show having an original ending.

Trying to do this in only 13 episodes really hurts the mood and pacing. Having an occaisional light-hearted chapter in the manga is OK, but jamming it together with other dark scenes in the same episode is jarring.

Also - where have you seen chapter 100? Senmanga has been stuck on 99 for a few weeks now.
May 11, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
They found a source of supply for the medicine? Kogoro is willing to listen since he doesn't believe in magic, like how Neko just exploded his stuff to prove it to him xD
So Kotori smiles when she is sad... Chie's death, it was pretty touching to see how Chie wouldn't eat her medicine so that Kotori could live to her 16th birthday T.T
Glad Kotori officially joined the group, glad they found her as she wanting to die.
More fan-service as they play with the water hose!
When ever Neko blends Kana's food T.T I wonder how it would taste >.>
Still interesting, teleportation is really good for hanging up people!
May 11, 2014 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
Kotori's magic proved to be really helpful, especially if she can trade places with witches like she just did without any drawbacks, and I really liked Kogoro's personality.
And by the way that dubstep-ish ost while they were setting up the trap for Kikako was amazing.
beamerboyMay 11, 2014 8:32 AM
May 11, 2014 7:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Seems I was right with Kikako's magic. The lag of her attack was the weakness and the stronger the attack is the more lag there is for her attack to be released. Not only that but it seemed like Kikako's beam only went in a straight line.

Also I was right about Kotori's magic also affecting non-humans.She used her teleport magic to switch place with Kikako. So Kikako ends up being tied in place of Kotori, and Kotori is on top of Kuroha instead of Kikako.

Sad to see Kotori'd wanting to die because Chie didn't make it because they would run out of pills.

Murakami went to talk with a researcher and once Murokami showed him magic he was willing to help Murokami out. I guess the researcher was curious about the magic. Main objective for his visit there was pills for the girls.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if things go according to plan the researcher will establish a facility where he'll make pills for the girls or something around those lines?

May 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the ending of this ep so much :D

How Murakami broke that Kogoro's obsession with scientific explanations XDXD And got him hyped lol. Poor PC-kun T_T Why Kuroha XD Lol'd at how he even sacrificed his father's keepsake XD His eyes at the end when he got interested were awesome. I think I might like this guy ^^

The part with Kikako wasn't bad. Really liking how calm Murakami is during this stuff. Great protagonist. He also keeps calm seeing boobs :3 XD

I was wondering why they didn't think of using Kotori's ability on Kikako but then they did...good.

Her story was quite sad, I think that was the first some time I see a girl blushing and smiling while being covered in blood O_O Quite the unique thing to see XD

I wonder what Murakami has planned for Kogoro and how he's planning to solve the pills problem?
Barion-ZaraMay 11, 2014 9:29 AM
May 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Dec 2013
scientist looked pretty cool at the end, but the show is getting better, slowly
May 11, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode. I enjoy how they stop the AA+ but the mainhighlight for me was the end of the episode. Showing that guy who is a nonbeliever and his very interesting face he made right when the ep ended got me really hype. xD It can go anywhere now and I'm excited for the next episode already!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 11, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2012
slkrr said:
Danpmss said:

Trying to do this in only 13 episodes really hurts the mood and pacing. Having an occaisional light-hearted chapter in the manga is OK, but jamming it together with other dark scenes in the same episode is jarring.

Also - where have you seen chapter 100? Senmanga has been stuck on 99 for a few weeks now.

There were a thread on 4chan like 4 or 5 days ago with a .zip archive, try your luck searching for it (I already deleted it from my PC) xD
May 11, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
This teleport ability is strange, it teleports clothes too, but not wire, it would be more fun to switch clothes too :D
I guess the addiion of mad scientist is nice, he is not even a girl, but seems like a gay, so he can be added to harem, too bad;/
May 11, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
Glad to see that Kotori is able to live. That professor seems a bit crazy.
May 11, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode 5/5, this show is in my top 2 of this season (right after mushishi).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 11, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2012
So far so good no deviations as of yet aside froma few skipped pages that is
May 11, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
Lol, that scientist in the end, damn scary.
Anyway, I'm glad that the MC is being less stupid than before.
May 11, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
This episode gave me some feels. That has got to hurt mentally. The scientist at the end he looks similar in appearance to that other doctor. Hope Ryota knows what he is doing.
May 11, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
This show is getting better each episode, loved the ending, that scientist seems crazy. Hope we get more of him next week, love me some mad scientist !
May 11, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
I love Kotori. She seems really sweet, and he power is pretty useful as well. I'm curious as to how the professor will play a part in the series.
May 11, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2011
Ryouta is quite the strategist and fast thinker isn't he :D

Kotori's life is coming to an end it seems...

It's really nice that they managed to convince Kotori to keep on living.

Ryouta is bringing a new ally to their family, that'll help them get more pills and whatnot.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 11, 2014 9:57 AM
Apr 2013
That was a really clever way to beat the opponent, I did not think of that at all. So we have this creeper I guess gay guy (or is he just a joker?) that will now make them pills as he will synthesize them. So the little rag tag team of witches can be a super hacker, crush things, switch places, and tell forecast. Only two of them can actually do direct battle while the other two provide information and one can only use her ability once. However our MC is actually really useful and intelligent so they have a fifth person. I wonder if they will ever developer new powers.
And the scientist not being a big boobed woman is shocking.
ponygon123May 11, 2014 10:00 AM
May 11, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
That is a nice MC we have here. He sees 3 pairs of boobs and doesn't make a big deal out of it :)
May 11, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
What they skipped some scenes from chapter 20?! I thought they will introduce Marakami's mom,Kitsuka Hatta and her mom on this episode. But they go straight to the fanservice scene.

ARMS Studio was messing up again like they did to Elfen Lied.I just hope they would not skip some scenes again for the next episode.

Anyway about the scenes. That's explains why Kuroha Neko was tied up on a pole on Kana's vission because Kotori wants to switch place with Neko and so that she can save her and sacrifice her life for her. But Murakami actually had a plan on how to defeat that not so scary useless AA+ witch by using Kotori's teleportation magic.

Kotori tries to hide so that she can die alone because she doesn't to be a burden to Murakami and the other witches. But she's really dumb because she used her real address when she applies on Astronomy Club that's why she was found by them. Kotori explains why she was always smiling because she made a promise to her friend Chie that she should always smile even if she's sad.

And as usual when there's a fanservice scene, Kotori always do something weird making her like a lesbian that doesn't care if Murakami sees every of her. But Kotori and Kuroha's was been embarrassed which is the right reaction like on that case. Murami sees them when they are stripping but he has no reaction on that scene which is really rare on anime.Kotori really loves to cook that's why the food she serve was delicious. And as usual Kuroha use a blender again to crush the food for Kana, Poor Kana.

Ryouta Murakami ask his uncle who was a crazy mad scientist for help on making their own death suppressant pills/medicines. But to convince him they need to prove that magic users/witches really exist on their town by the use of Kuroha's magic which is to destroy/decompose anything from the lab. He was really scary though.

RayzerMay 11, 2014 10:35 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
May 11, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2010
cant really say im enjoying this show much. trying to figure out what all the hype is all about but no luck sofar.

there is just absolutely nothing for me in there that sets it apart from shows with similar setting and story + plot. too much fanservice..there should be none at all.

this show doesnt even make it in my top 10 this season. there are soooo much better shows aring currently.

2.5/5 *cough* overhyped *cough*
May 11, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
brilliant. i so cant wait for next week.
May 11, 2014 11:00 AM
Feb 2013
Kerozinn said:
cant really say im enjoying this show much. trying to figure out what all the hype is all about but no luck sofar.

there is just absolutely nothing for me in there that sets it apart from shows with similar setting and story + plot. too much fanservice..there should be none at all.

this show doesnt even make it in my top 10 this season. there are soooo much better shows aring currently.

2.5/5 *cough* overhyped *cough*

Feel free to drop it. ;-)

It's not as good as Elfenlied so far, I'll grant you that. But 'so many better ones', this season? I only know of 2, maybe 3. It's still way above most anime this season, to be frank.

Depends what you're into, of course.
AnimageNebyMay 11, 2014 1:54 PM
May 11, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
meh episode but new intriguing MAD SCIENTIST OKABE

May 11, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2007
Yeah don't worry about it, the anime seems to be eager in rushing things right now but as far as I've seen, they've been following the manga faithfully except for the first page of chapter 1 and a few re-arrangements as well as some dialogue being cut out. I hope they introduce his "crazy" mother, which they should have but I reckon they're rearranging it so that the 2 scenes she is in the manga become 1.

I've read 41 chapters in RAW (the first 58 being scanlated), so I have somewhat of a grasp of the story but not an accurate one though, which is annoying because I've been hearing the chapter 100 is almost like an ending, which I hope is it not true because it doesn't even close to finishing. ;)

The mad scientist is

EDIT #1:
I just read chapter 100 and it's definitely not the ending, more like there will be a new arc hopefully.
May 11, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
Still RIP Shino

Good bye Kikako

Yay Kotori joins them!!!
May 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
It was interesting episode. Kotori's past almost made me cry, I love the character even more now ^^' And the scientist was OK also.

So yeah, great episode.
May 11, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2008
Best episode so far, especially the part where they started to blast up stuff in the office. :D
May 11, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 2013
Nice move, Kotori, looks like she gonna live for quite a while.

Now about that guy whom Murakami is visiting, I hope he can be trusted, but hey WTF, how the fuck does a high school student get to know a scientist like that?
May 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2014
That censoring is so bad it is actually making me laugh, their oppais are brighter than the morning sun and my eyes hurt just trying to look at them xD , but I keep enduring the pain and keep looking while hoping they messed up the censoring at some point ... they didn't -.-

interesting episode, cool way to defeat the AA+ , I liked how Murakami looks like some cool FBI agent with that earpiece lol (I noticed it more when he was talking to Kotori when she was refusing to take the pill).
The ending was really interesting, we have a MAD SCIENTIST Hououin Kyo-- no wait, that's a different show :P .. our mad scientist for this anime is "Kogoro something" and he looks really cool and interesting especially at that final moment.

I am still enjoying this anime overall and I am looking forward to the next episode.

btw, How can we watch the uncensored version?? this is getting annoying. is there a way??
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
May 11, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
Seems that doctor has little interest in things outside of his personal environment which does suggest he can be trusted.
Thing is will he be able to make the medication the girls need.
A good doctor in medication will be able to figure out the materials that go into the pill but will the be able to get all the resources needed to make one.
That's the question.
May 11, 2014 1:10 PM
Jan 2014
Kogorou's reaction was priceless.
May 11, 2014 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The censoring is worthy of Nudist Beach I'm telling you.

I loved mad scientisto at the end: "this pen is a keepsake from my father....BOOM"
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2014
The magic stuff with the scientist at the end was pretty cool.
May 11, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Btw Kuroha was pretty far away (20 meters?), I don't see how they can have problems if she can blast stuff from so far away, this looks even more op than Lucy's vectors;
May 11, 2014 1:55 PM
Feb 2013
sadfacelv said:
Btw Kuroha was pretty far away (20 meters?), I don't see how they can have problems if she can blast stuff from so far away, this looks even more op than Lucy's vectors;

She can only blast objects, though, no living things.
May 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
Damn that scientist is kinda badass though.

"Nooo.... I bounce a lot though." We know that, Kotori..
May 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
As always, fanservice was unnecessary...But oh well, I am not nitpicking, I am relatively fine with it.
What I didn't understand this episode is why did it take them so long to figure out how to use Kotori's power. Her power has a lot of application possibilities, yet it took them like 5 episode minutes to come up with idea of using it on Kikako instead on Kuroha. I find that stupid, especially because Murakami is supposed to have photographic memory and to be brain of this team.

Still, I enjoyed this episode as always. I wanted to see Kogorou for quite a bit of time now... and it finally happened.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
"Keepsake from my fathe-*BOOM"

That was hilarious. What if he just wanted to show the MC his father's pen?

First half of the episode was dumb. Kotori's plan was idiotic, and a forced setup for the obvious revelation. The scientist seems like a promising new character.
May 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
You almost have to feel bad for Ryouta for all the boobie fees he racking up.

I cant wait till this anti-witch faction is taken down ><
My Candies:
May 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Yet another great episode.
Excellent comedy. The story stays intriguing.
May 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Quick thinking on Ryouta's part helped them out of the mess. And Kuroha's courage to stand against Kikako.
Oh, finally the introduction of that guy.
Lol at when he pointed at the ground and it exploded and when the pen just broke.

So far no major changes compared to the manga. :)
May 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
LOL that mad scientist was pretty funny at the end. Scary, but he looks like a promising character in later episodes.

The MC was pretty impressive when versing an AA+ user, having intelligence and knows how to handle the situation.

I felt bad for Kotori's back story when she lost her friend, and decided to end her life. At least Ryouta is there to support her and convinced her to enjoy life.

Everyone is safe and they lived happily in a research observatory lab :D.

Ryouta has something in mind when threatening the scientist...

May 11, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
I must admit that anime goes so quickly.
May 11, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
Kotori's birthday? today is also my birthday ;) so happy birthday me too!

what a coincidence! I think not.

Damn, another cliffhanger. Good episode!

May 11, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
Even if the scientist can be trusted: He will need various materials to make the pills. Unless they are quite common and it's just the witches are manipulated into needing it (gen manipulation, magic, or it's the aliens), it will not take long for an organization like the one behind all of this to figure out someone is making pills. Just like the police etc. tracks shipments of chemicals that can be used to make bombs etc.

It's a wonder they haven't found them yet. Ryouta and girls have a rather limited operational range, some witches like the AA+ they let go knows about them, they do not exactly try to hide (making fire in an abandoned village, living in the observatory, which therefore is always in use (way more than pure club acitivities), having fun in the garden (loud, using lots of water etc.). And Ryota is buying more and more food. Nobody suspects him or anything, and he has no harness or anything that blow their cover right away if the police stops him for whatever, but still, there's quite a lot of leads to follow.
May 11, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see that Kotori lived. Her back story was pretty sad.

I'm looking forward to see how will professor Kogoro play his part in this series.
May 11, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
It's time for some MAD SCIENTISTO action.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.